Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Montana99 said:

One thing about VK you can’t deny is that she would be a devoted DCC for as long as they’d keep her around.  If she could keep her weight under control, they would get 4+ seasons out of her (which I’m not necessarily saying is a good thing given her attitude).  But these randos that come and go a season at a time are probably pretty maddening for Kelli and Judy.  Fresh blood is great, but if none of the girls stick with it, you don’t have long term, experienced veterans to lead the team.  

Yes, but she’d make life hell for the other girls. She sure did this summer. 

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Watching season 3. I dont see where Cassie was all that bad. A pretty athlete that can dance. Also Judy looks better now than 10 years ago. 

I never understood the Cassie hate, I thought her season was the perfect amount of regular TCC and a legacy.  I liked her as a DCC and I really like her now as a mom on SM.  And yes, The Judes gets better with age. 

• Love 14

The lawsuit is not over. One part of it is, that's it.

Interesting. very interesting.  Do you happen to know how many causes of action there were and what they were? My inner legal nerd would love to know.  :)

12 hours ago, go4luca said:

Wow.  VK's stomach jiggle was very visible and not pretty.  Not trying to be mean, just real.  A very visible size difference from VK and the others.

VK body comparison V2.jpg

I can’t believe I’m about to say this,  but of those 4, I’d rather watch Victoria. I really like Madeline, but her smile never varies here, it seems frozen & glued on. Boring Rachel is boring (but pretty, so I suppose she can get away with it). & the other one (Lily?? Taylor T??) just seems bad.  VK may or may not be awful as a person, & definetly is too big for the DCC ? (she is really not “fat IMO, though). But she has the steps down & has a lively smile. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, rose711 said:

I watched the season where Hannah, the beautiful dancer who was on show group her rookie year, got cut from training camp for weighing 11 pounds mote than when she picked. 

I feel part of that was extreme frustration and disappointment on Kelis part because Hannah seemed to have been talked to about her weight endlessly. Still, she was cut because she didn’t shoe any improvement in her weight, mid camp.

it was season 9 and episode 4 is her cut if anyone wants to watch it.

Hannah was given very little time to make any progress. heard directly from a former dcc (not comfortable saying who)

10 minutes ago, viccib said:

Edited by viccib
can't spell lol
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2018 at 9:42 PM, EssieMay said:

Poor Jinelle. It’s impossible to mentor someone who already has all the answers. 

Company I used to work for deliberately encouraged mentoring pairs where the two were dissimilar thinking you’ll learn more from somebody with different experiences. If you want empathy or sympathy go see your momma or hire a therapist. 

I feel a wee wee bit sorry for VK. Somebody has sold her a bill of goods on her own merits. Not her fault but she’s in for a rough road. DCC isn’t even remotely the real world Buttercup. You’ve seen nothing yet.

Yeah... I too took a minute to this about the " Jinelle vs. VK" bout from Jinelle's point of view. Esp. in a corporate environment.

Many times when you start a new position (coming in w/experience, or after you've been there a while as a newbie), mgmt is going present an 'opportunity' that is like a little test. Not  to try to get rid of you but to see if you're learning, if you can handle the situation, if you're worth your salary/title (esp. if you come in at a higher level), if you can bring value/creativity/solution to your position. And if you come in as a lead, can you handle your team - which may include a few VKs. Sometimes these little opportunities come up in performance appraisals or one-on-one status mtgs with your mgr just to see how things are going.

K&J appointed Jinelle to mentor VK.  Yes, it has been proven that Jinelle is a great asset the organization, as a cheerleader. But she now she's in a new role- the page in her career has turned a page . Yes, K&J have a plethora of trainers/nutritionists they could have asked to step in, but this was Jinelle test. I'm sure Jinelle was honored to be given a chance to "let me tell and show you all what I know works" and was hoping for success, not just for VK, but to show something to K&J. And maybe to show herself that she can do another position in the organization. That is a good feeling - " Yes, I can do this ! See! ".

We all have bad days at work (projects go awry , you might have to write someone up or fire them) and these little mgmt 'opportunities' do sometimes fail , but I just hope another TCC/DCC will come Jinelle's way to continue to boost her confidence in her new role.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

And if someone lying about gong to a doctor appointment when they really didn’t (assuming that’s even true) is reason to hate someone so much that one would quit the DCC if they made it or get up and walk away when they sat down next to you - I just don’t know what to say to that.

Reason to hate someone?  Nope, that would be ridiculous IMO.  Reason to make your employer (potential employer in V's case) angry & not trust you?  Yes.  Several years ago I got coffee from the cafeteria at work & when I put the lid on I crushed the top of the cup & got hot coffee on my hand.  My boss made me go to the ER (I worked in a hospital), which I thought was stupid...it wasn't that hot, my skin was red but not burned (no blistering or anything), and yes it happened at work but I'd hardly call it a work-related thing, besides the fact that it was my fault from pressing on the lid too hard.  But my boss told me to go so I went...now if I said I went but instead went back to the cafeteria & sat there with another coffee, I would be in some trouble.

Re: the pictures above from Dayton's farewell party, all I can think is "Good for you, Sam Finglass, for staying away from the DCC drama!"  I was always a little iffy on whether she'd try, but after this season I bet she's staying far far away.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, rose711 said:

What do you mean by this? Who is cracking down and who is getting cracked down upon?

Kelli is trying to stop the leaks.  The girls are nervous about being blamed for something they might have told someone.

13 hours ago, MTTFan said:

We will have to agree to disagree.  

Based on what I have seen, I will not change my opinion and stand by my assertion that it will be pretty ballsy of her to come back if even only half of what has been alleged is actually true.  She is toxic and IMHO to assert that other people should change their behavior in order to perpetuate someone's toxic behavior does not do anybody any favors, including VK's..  

You obviously feel differently and I don't think we are going to change each other's minds. C'est le vie.

@go4luca:  Thank you.

I agree.  I really don't see how she can try out again.  I suspect that she'll be privately discouraged and, even if she does try out, it won't be shown.  Her inclusion this season has caused a LOT of drama for a lot of people and caused damage to quite a few friendships.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Montana99 said:

One thing about VK you can’t deny is that she would be a devoted DCC for as long as they’d keep her around.  If she could keep her weight under control, they would get 4+ seasons out of her (which I’m not necessarily saying is a good thing given her attitude).  But these randos that come and go a season at a time are probably pretty maddening for Kelli and Judy.  Fresh blood is great, but if none of the girls stick with it, you don’t have long term, experienced veterans to lead the team.  

She can’t keep her weight down. She would be an issue for the judges to debate  every year. Jay already gave her maybe and that was before she gained 11pounds incredibly fast.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

That’s really immature and frankly, stupid of them to base a decision like that on how they don’t get along w/ one girl who is likely at least 3 years younger than them on a squad of 36.   Learning to deal w/ people you don’t like is part of being an adult - sounds like VK isn’t the only one in this year’s TC w/ some growing up to do.  

Not to mention how these girls are trashing their organization and it’s leadership to outsiders who post the details on the internet.   Whoever these two are, they sound immature and petty and the DCC are probably better off w/o them on the squad. 

It's easy to avoid someone you don't get along with, but after hearing what has been happening during TCC with Princess Vicky around, I don't blame them. They are already walking on egg shells until the final announcement, but when you have someone so toxic that you know is not only backstabbing you but also getting a pass on things you could never even dream of doing, the morale is gonna be low. Miranda crying over Kitty's hair comment said a lot about the morale of this summer and it's in the ditch. VK plays a significant part in that. Life is way too short and they are not paid nearly enough to put up with that. 

• Love 17

Hello all!!I’ve sorta backed off from posting because everyday is about VK on here, but I have a small request!

is there a video of the Michelle keys choreo or any new choreo for the season? I saw Amy’s group do an outside stage performance and wasn’t too jazzed. It’s been difficult finding performance videos. 

• Love 6
On 9/28/2018 at 11:29 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

I wonder if all it would take is the mention of the word "lawyer" to get CMT to now show a girl in a bad light?

Just my thoughts on this.  I don’t think a lawyer will become involved to edit /soften VK’s cut.  Especially not if she is wanting to come back and reaudition next season. ?‍♀️

9 hours ago, ales-ya said:

I never understood the Cassie hate, I thought her season was the perfect amount of regular TCC and a legacy.  I liked her as a DCC and I really like her now as a mom on SM.  And yes, The Judes gets better with age. 

She along with Judy got Olivia S. cut in Season 6 due to the fact Olivia S. stood up to Cassie during the calendar shoot when Cassie was complaining the rookies were getting too much time in front of the camera. She was a mean girl who made other girls miserable on the team. I also heard she did not respect the DCC Organization and was not the perfect DCC she made herself out to be.

14 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Re: her being cut so there had to be issues, she easily can be cut because of weight alone.

What did she post on SM that was so bad? - this is a new one that I am unaware of.  That stuff about coming back healthier next year and the workout videos?  Or was there something bad or nasty that I missed.

This stuff about her being guarneteed a spot is as of now still a rumor and has not been addressed on the show.  Being that some of those insiders who said that also said she ratted out Madeline (when that’s been refuted), I’ll reserve my judgement on that.

Re: footage of her dance mistakes - well, there is also footage of her dancing well.  And even if her dancing isn’t good, that’s no reason to hate someone - there have been lots of less than stellar dancers who have made DCC.  Dayton and Malena were shown making mistakes too - if they made the team would they deserve to be hated?

And if someone lying about gong to a doctor appointment when they really didn’t (assuming that’s even true) is reason to hate someone so much that one would quit the DCC if they made it or get up and walk away when they sat down next to you - I just don’t know what to say to that.  It just seems very low on the  totem pole of awful things a person can do in life.  

I do not think Kelli is going to come out on national television and admit Victoria was guaranteed a spot on the team. I also believe Victoria was making TC a living you know what. She did lie about going to the doctor after she said she went. And yes it was Kelli who did thank the doctor for seeing Victoria because he had a very busy schedule but he still made the time to see her, but the doctor said she did not show up at all. A lot of things happened behind the scenes Kelli and Charlotte do not want to come out because they are afraid it would cause people to think less of their so-called elite DCC Organization. Just like what happened to Courtney Cook. They did not want the real story to come out because they were afraid people would look down on the organization, but they did not mind showing Kaitlin LeGrand look bad in Season 6. I guess being a Kelli and/or Charlotte favorite can be helpful, but in the case of poor Courtney it can cause harm also.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Kelli is going to come out on national television and admit Victoria was guaranteed a spot on the team. I also believe Victoria was making TC a living you know what. She did lie about going to the doctor after she said she went. And yes it was Kelli who did thank the doctor for seeing Victoria because he had a very busy schedule but he still made the time to see her, but the doctor said she did not show up at all. A lot of things happened behind the scenes Kelli and Charlotte do not want to come out because they are afraid it would cause people to think less of their so-called elite DCC Organization. Just like what happened to Courtney Cook. They did not want the real story to come out because they were afraid people would look down on the organization, but they did not mind showing Kaitlin LeGrand look bad in Season 6. I guess being a Kelli and/or Charlotte favorite can be helpful, but in the case of poor Courtney it can cause harm also.

Exactly!

• Love 7

Apologizing and admitting in advance that the past two weeks have kept me from keeping on top of the forum -- so if I repeat anyone's sentiments, I am so sorry.

Last year, Tina K called out Stephanie (and I think another vet) for weight saying that because she struggled with weight during her tenure at DCC, she was sensitive to it.  Has she gone blind?  

The preview is intense.  Jinelle looks on the verge of tearing up while Victoria's stare could cut glass.

As someone who has struggled with weight my entire adolescent, adult, and now into senior life, I would probably feel uncomfortable getting help from someone who is soooo thin.  I MIGHT have some empathy for VK if there weren't a group of 20+ other vets to seek help from in addition to Jinelle.  You canNOT tell me that if she went to any of the vets who have had some struggles (like KaShara) they would not be willing to offer tips and advice while the healthy eating mentor appointed by your bosses serves as a nutritionist.  

I know some were posting about why VK just wasn't sent to the nutritionist.  I think it is the same reason Melissa Mentor has some value -- she's been there.  And not just about how "unforgiving" the uniform is.  She knows about the highs and lows of social media; the long rehearsals and trying to eat sensibly while also just trying finding time to eat; working out through exhaustion; seeking comfort in food, etc.   

Victoria's mask came off in that preview.  Whether she was told she was going to get in or not, whether she was expecting a certain edit or not -- she has a mirror.  I don't know how she could stand in a locker room or studio that is lined with mirrors and not physically see that even if she were to make the team, she would be the laughing stock of social media.  Megan C was unmercifully bashed in her final season, still photos were turned into memes and jokes.  SOOO much criticism of superstar dancers like Melissa, Amy T, and even Holly when they softened up at all.   Anyone so immersed in DCC culture as TK and VK are MUST know this.   

And how was this not brought up at uniform fittings?

So many questions.

On a non-VK note, how could a former Miss America runner up be so inaudibly soft spoken?  Isn't articulation part of the eval?  

I liked Madeline (rookie) last year -- but I thought I heard even then that she had the tendency to be a mean girl.  Kitty's comment last week was not surprising based on that.  But moving a locker seems very unusual.  I have to go back through many pages of forum to see if anyone has insight into that.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Montana99 said:

If they paid them more, I bet they would stick around longer. 

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Hello all!!I’ve sorta backed off from posting because everyday is about VK on here, but I have a small request!

is there a video of the Michelle keys choreo or any new choreo for the season? I saw Amy’s group do an outside stage performance and wasn’t too jazzed. It’s been difficult finding performance videos. 

I feel you on the VK stuff. I feel like I'm on middle ground when it comes to her. I don't like her and think she should've been cut a while ago, but I don't think she's the devil incarnate or someone who is going to run everyone else off from the DCCs. At this point, she appears to be an entitled, young girl who has an in with the boss. That is not a terribly uncommon scenario in life. At places I've worked, there has often been a "golden child" who you know not to cross and who to avoid spilling any information too. That's just life. Now, if VK was spreading rumors about people, which there is actually nothing other than takes from some insiders, disputed by other insiders, to say that she was (it's possible that she too could be the victim of unsubstantiated rumors), that's a major problem, but I still think that the main problem comes from the top. There was a secretary at one place I worked who started tons of rumors (some fairly benign but others that were serious and/or salacious) about people - other secretaries and her superiors. Yet, she didn't run anyone off (she was  actually terminated) because management didn't just take her word for it. If Kelli is just cutting people and allowing her team's atmosphere and collegiality to be wrecked by one girl, them it seems like Kelli should be replaced. 

I believe this is the new Michelle Keys choreography. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, rose711 said:

I watched the season where Hannah, the beautiful dancer who was on show group her rookie year, got cut from training camp for weighing 11 pounds mote than when she picked. 

I feel part of that was extreme frustration and disappointment on Kelis part because Hannah seemed to have been talked to about her weight endlessly. Still, she was cut because she didn’t shoe any improvement in her weight, mid camp.

it was season 9 and episode 4 is her cut if anyone wants to watch it.

Yes, she should have made it. That year they took Morgan, Breelen and Kaitlin. Kaitlin didn’t finish the year and Morgan and Breelen got cut the next year at finals. I think Vivian would have lasted a couple of years if she had made it. 

I think Vivian, despite her talking heads, was in a "I'm in" mentality.  She was messing up dances she should have mastered the previous year and her power was inconsistent.  I HATE at the moment of being cut when girls say "I will be even more powerful!" when they have had time to show it.  

In fairness to her, going back to the can-she-jumpsplit debate in Kelli's office, I do get where she was coming from.  She needed to be pushed out of the plane to prove to herself that she could do it and her injury was healed.  She tried to articulate it, but she came across glib even if that wasn't her intention.

I have no insider knowledge (damn!) but I wonder if she was somewhat "toxic" in the locker room.  

I think of Vivian a lot when watching Victoria, thinking to that meeting in the office with Sydney when Vivian asked if it's ok to be fun; Judy said that [I'm paraphrasing a little} that it was find to be fun and cute with Vivian's cute personality but not to be a rookie who is loud, obnoxious, and wanting to be the center of attention.   

VK should reflect on this.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Apologizing and admitting in advance that the past two weeks have kept me from keeping on top of the forum -- so if I repeat anyone's sentiments, I am so sorry.

Last year, Tina K called out Stephanie (and I think another vet) for weight saying that because she struggled with weight during her tenure at DCC, she was sensitive to it.  Has she gone blind?  

The preview is intense.  Jinelle looks on the verge of tearing up while Victoria's stare could cut glass.

As someone who has struggled with weight my entire adolescent, adult, and now into senior life, I would probably feel uncomfortable getting help from someone who is soooo thin.  I MIGHT have some empathy for VK if there weren't a group of 20+ other vets to seek help from in addition to Jinelle.  You canNOT tell me that if she went to any of the vets who have had some struggles (like KaShara) they would not be willing to offer tips and advice while the healthy eating mentor appointed by your bosses serves as a nutritionist.  

I know some were posting about why VK just wasn't sent to the nutritionist.  I think it is the same reason Melissa Mentor has some value -- she's been there.  And not just about how "unforgiving" the uniform is.  She knows about the highs and lows of social media; the long rehearsals and trying to eat sensibly while also just trying finding time to eat; working out through exhaustion; seeking comfort in food, etc.   

Victoria's mask came off in that preview.  Whether she was told she was going to get in or not, whether she was expecting a certain edit or not -- she has a mirror.  I don't know how she could stand in a locker room or studio that is lined with mirrors and not physically see that even if she were to make the team, she would be the laughing stock of social media.  Megan C was unmercifully bashed in her final season, still photos were turned into memes and jokes.  SOOO much criticism of superstar dancers like Melissa, Amy T, and even Holly when they softened up at all.   Anyone so immersed in DCC culture as TK and VK are MUST know this.   

And how was this not brought up at uniform fittings?

So many questions.

On a non-VK note, how could a former Miss America runner up be so inaudibly soft spoken?  Isn't articulation part of the eval?  

I liked Madeline (rookie) last year -- but I thought I heard even then that she had the tendency to be a mean girl.  Kitty's comment last week was not surprising based on that.  But moving a locker seems very unusual.  I have to go back through many pages of forum to see if anyone has insight into that.

I think she's very articulate. Articulate and projection aren't really the same thing. I just think she's shy and perhaps out of her element and therefore she's a bit more withdrawn and quiet. perhaps not wanting to draw negative attention to herself and so stays a bit more quiet while she kind of feels her way through TC. to go from pagents to TC is quite  different world even if they're both performative. i just see her as perhaps a little introverted or put off by the cameras following her in a different way than she's used to from things like Miss America and in a new setting and so shes quieter as she figures it all out

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

If they paid them more, I bet they would stick around longer. 

If they treat them better, they would stick around more. Not playing favorites and letting a toxic environment run supreme and heavy duty editing to make a girl look bad and to give Judy and Kelli a good enough reason to cut them may help also.

Just now, CaseyRe said:

I think she's very articulate. Articulate and projection aren't really the same thing. I just think she's shy and perhaps out of her element and therefore she's a bit more withdrawn and quiet. perhaps not wanting to draw negative attention to herself and so stays a bit more quiet while she kind of feels her way through TC. to go from pagents to TC is quite  different world even if they're both performative. i just see her as perhaps a little introverted or put off by the cameras following her in a different way than she's used to from things like Miss America and in a new setting and so shes quieter as she figures it all out

Thank you; morning coffee hasn't kicked in.  Projection is what I meant.  But there is a difference between staying quiet and reserved and being almost completely inaudible when someone is speaking with you.  DCC is supposed to project confidence.  I just thought that from being in pageants, she would see any time on camera as the "this is a very long interview from hell" and keep her voice up a little.  I don't dislike her  and she is obviously insanely beautiful.  I just have seen this voice pattern from her several times and Kelli has been critical of other girls who were soft spoken in the past (S7: Megan and Emily; Kitty with Katherine in S4; and that incredibly nervous girl who was first cut a few years ago).  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

It's easy to avoid someone you don't get along with, but after hearing what has been happening during TCC with Princess Vicky around, I don't blame them. They are already walking on egg shells until the final announcement, but when you have someone so toxic that you know is not only backstabbing you but also getting a pass on things you could never even dream of doing, the morale is gonna be low. Miranda crying over Kitty's hair comment said a lot about the morale of this summer and it's in the ditch. VK plays a significant part in that. Life is way too short and they are not paid nearly enough to put up with that. 

Or maybe it’s all in their head that VK is doing this backstabbing stuff cause others are spreading that around like it’s truth when they can’t possibly know what was said cause they weren’t there.  

VK has nothing to do w/ Miranda having dated hair (which she does), and Miranda has gained weight herself - so they are in fact letting her “get away” w/ something.  It was sad she was so upset about what Kitty said that she cried like that, but Kitty has been getting girls cut for 13 seasons.  And Kelli has had many favorites who are allowed to get away w/ things others can’t over the years - none of it is new.

VK is a good dancer in the DCC style and she is very pretty w/ bright smile, outgoing personality, good hair, and nice kicks - it could be because of these things, and not just nepotism, that they are having patience w/ her weight.  If she totally sucked at all other things DCC of course she would have been cut a long time ago, but she doesn’t.

Were the weaker girls just sitting around praying VK gets fatter and/or doesn’t lose the weight so they can get her spot?  That’s such a loser mentality if so.  Work on making yourself better, don’t just hope your competition screws up and saves you - even though that looks like exactly what happened to whoever girl number 36 was this year.   That person should thank their lucky stars VK missed that Dr. appt or they otherwise may not have made the team.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Or maybe it’s all in their head that VK is doing this backstabbing stuff cause others are spreading that around like it’s truth when they can’t possibly know what was said cause they weren’t there.  

VK has nothing to do w/ Miranda having dated hair (which she does), and Miranda has gained weight herself - so they are in fact letting her “get away” w/ something.  It was sad she was so upset about what Kitty said that she cried like that, but Kitty has been getting girls cut for 13 seasons.  And Kelli has had many favorites who are allowed to get away w/ things others can’t over the years - none of it is new.

VK is a good dancer in the DCC style and she is very pretty w/ bright smile, outgoing personality, good hair, and nice kicks - it could be because of these things, and not just nepotism, that they are having patience w/ her weight.  If she totally sucked at all other things DCC of course she would have been cut a long time ago, but she doesn’t.

Were the weaker girls just sitting around praying VK gets fatter and/or doesn’t lose the weight so they can get her spot?  That’s such a loser mentality if so.  Work on making yourself better, don’t just hope your competition screws up and saves you - even though that looks like exactly what happened to whoever girl number 36 was this year.   That person should thank their lucky stars VK missed that Dr. appt or they otherwise may not have made the team.

I think it was a lot more than missing the doctor appointment and lying about it lead to her being cut. She knew her goose was cooked so to speak so she thought she could lie about the doctor appointment. Did she not think they would have checked on it since the doctor was taking the time out of his very busy schedule to see him. And what about the vet who was going to lose her spot so Princess Victoria could have a spot on the squad. And I am sure the weaker girls were sitting around hoping and praying she would keep the weight on so she would get the axe. They did not cause her to put on the weight, and they did not prevent her from losing the weight. Victoria, repeat Victoria, did it to herself.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think it was a lot more than missing the doctor appointment and lying about it lead to her being cut. She knew her goose was cooked so to speak so she thought she could lie about the doctor appointment. Did she not think they would have checked on it since the doctor was taking the time out of his very busy schedule to see him. And what about the vet who was going to lose her spot so Princess Victoria could have a spot on the squad. And I am sure the weaker girls were sitting around hoping and praying she would keep the weight on so she would get the axe. They did not cause her to put on the weight, and they did not prevent her from losing the weight. Victoria, repeat Victoria, did it to herself.

I don't understand why a vet had to be cut to make a spot for Victoria.

• Love 8
On 9/23/2018 at 12:44 PM, CaseyRe said:

agreed. 

I have always struggled with my weight. I'm tall and large framed and have always had weight issues, literally since birth.  In the months you're meant to double your birth weight, I trebled mine, and it wasn't like my parents were feeding my stuff I shouldn't have, I was breastfed, no more than my sister, only when hungry and I gained a lot of weight.  I was a butterball.  I will struggle with my weight all my life.   both my parents have hypothyroidism and I'm also on the cusp of that.

BUT

there is a time you have to take some god damn responsibility for yourself. 

by 21 I weighed nearly 300lb. I had severe depression and food was my comfort. i'd stopped skating and didn't exercise enough.  then one day enough was enough.  I shed nearly half my body weight over about 2 years.  It was hard as hell, but I DID it. unfortunately 10lb from goal I broke my back in 3 places and am now on a boatload of meds that cause weight gain and Im banned from certain workouts because ofthe fragility of my spine so weight loss is now even harder for me.

but I try not to make excuses. I know I struggle with my weight, so I watch what I eat like a hawk.  Would I love to have toast every day or have a milkshake on the regular? of course.  do i? No. because I know it's a slippery slope.  I haven't eaten chocolate in a decade, I eat low carb during the week, I workout 1.5hours a day 5-6 days a week, including christmas  (much to the annoyance of family but its also partially physiotheerapy so I can continue to walk so I do it).  I have a cheat day once a week that's actually a cheat two hours in which I have a bagel or packet of chips or something so that I don't feel 100% deprived of fun stuff all the time.  Christmas dinner and maybe a slice of cake on my birthday are my big cheats with extremely periodic other meals but generally if I go out to dinner, I chose a salad, no dressing.

I do this because I know I have issues with weight.  So I take responsibility.  Research suggests that genetics only accounts for about 50ish% of our weight variability, meaning that being overweight, even if you're loaded up with the "bad" genes, is in no way a done deal.  It's not a one and done thing. you can influence it.  it just takes dedication and work and, unfortunately, takin that dedication through the rest of your life.

I've seen nutritionalists, slim fit people that haven't had weight issues and had zero problems interacting with them as a result.  My sister is a semi-pro triathlete that's never struggled with her weight and she gives me advice on workouts, or on healthy meals and she's got empathy for my situation even if she's super fit and thin and doesn't have personal experience with weight issues.  just because they've not had weight issues doesn't mean their advice is suddenly meaningless. good nutrition is good nutrition, good exercise advice is good exercise advice and sorry, but willpower is a damn part of it.  Every thing I've read about genetics and weight have all stated that the best thing is prevention rather than trying to lose the weight, try to ensure you don't put it on in the first place and that involves taking a good hard look at your eating habits and your workouts, and being honet with yourself about your eating.  you cannot outrun a bad diet.  it means people like me have to be more strict with their diets and workout more, just to not gain, let alone lose.  and the worst thing is to yo-yo diet. it's a lifestyle not a diet. its the rest of your life, making sure that you eat a certain way, workout a certain way.  people like me have to workout more than others to just maintain, let alone lose weight, and in knowing that I can utilise it, not sit around and just say 'well I can't ose weight because of genetics so I'm not going to put the effort in'.  In this case I don't see why sending her to Jinelle is so bad - jinelle lives a healthy lifestyle not diet. she has tips and tricks to make that easier. she was also under the guidance of a trained nutritionalist. I don't see a single thing wrong with Jinelle being brought in.

Does it suck that I can't eat what I want? YES.  Does it suck that sometimes people will say to me when I order yet another salad 'oh it's just one meal what will it hurt?' YES. because I can LOOK at a raisin and gain five pounds so eating the pizza that they've ordered would nigh on kill me.  But I value my health and my mental wellbeing and quite frankly my desire to fit into my clothes more than the desire to eat ice cream or burgers.  I've found other ways of enjoying foods that are healthy.  I've found exercises I love and enjoy and look forward to doing.

Victoria was given a wonderful opportunity to learn how to best work with her body and she ran from it. if she does truly have struggles with her weight, thyroid issue or not, then she needs to take responsibility for it or she'll just keep gaining weight and it'll be all the more difficult to lose it. I know that from personal experience.

God bless.  Power to you and stay strong.  You’re an inspiration. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - but it didn’t need to be a vet?  Couldn’t they have just cut one of the weaker rookie candidates if they liked all the vets?

You would need to ask Kelli and Charlotte that. I did hear Kelli wanted to keep the last two TC Candidates who were cut on the squad, but Charlotte said no.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 9/28/2018 at 9:32 AM, Christineelgene said:

Today is my 70th birthday and the picture here was taken a couple months ago and has not been filtered.  I’ll go up against TK any day.  Secret is good genes, great skincare, and plenty of sunblock.

81D14E23-D0CB-437C-AA84-071BF45CFC8A.jpeg

Happy birthday!  You do look great, and I agree that good genes, sunscreen, and skin care help maintain a youthful appearance.  I would argue that you are not the norm as in people are probably shocked when they hear your age.  Where as my comment was in response to the insinuation that everyone who is your age looks the same age as Tina.  No shade but while you look amazing, Tina does look younger than you.  I doubt she will look as good as you when she is 70 though!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The last two TCC that were cut were Malena, and Victoria, and Tara the vet went around then too, so I can see why Charlotte, and probably Judy said no.   That is if Judy wasn't worried about getting reamed out for saying that.  

I thought Lily and  Malena were the last cuts.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:30 PM, CaseyRe said:

Im aware our brains continue to develop along with our reasoning and logic and I never said you were being literal. my point was that for me she''s acting like a 12 year old child not an 18 year old adult, one closer to the end of adolesence (24ish) than the start. I also said there was a difference between being immature and being childish. I find VK's behaviour that of a spoiled child not an immature 18 year old.

I think we have both established our points. I was just elaborating on my point of view because your response read to me as if you had taken me out of context, something no one likes. I speak only for myself, I am not asking you to change your POV, just to stop attacking mine like I am doing something wrong. 

I binge watched 3 or 4 episodes with my daughter on Friday. It was great to see some vets return and the "Where are they Now" segments keep hitting my wish list. It's fun seeing my girl getting invested, she loves the show, even though she is not a dancer. One thing she said that I thought was funny, "I hate it when they bend over, you can see their rib cages and it freaks me out."

I was also thinking about my thought that the DCC could become a little more modern. I realized how much they rely on hair flipping. I loved Jacie's look and was thinking I'd love to see a DCC rock that more up to date image, and maybe replace the hair flip with something less...dated. All the hair flipping makes me feel like we are in Jessica Simpson's heyday.

Edited by Glamourdoll
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, KatherineB said:

Wow!! I didn't have any idea about why she left, but good for her! I agree with her 100%!!

Kudos to Erica! She was always one of my favorites, back in the days when the really stunning-looking girls still made up the majority of the squad.  Now those exceptional beauties seem to be a distinct minority, while the rest are just ...meh.

I wonder if the new media scrutiny (thank you, Erica!)  that the DCC is now getting for under-valuing its squad may be a contributing factor explaining why there's a steady decline in physically show-stopping women in recent years?

I mean, if I looked like Erica, or Brittany Schram, Kelsi Reich, Brittany Evans, Brooke Sorensen, Makenzie Lee, Abigail Klein, Jackie Bob, Ashton, Kaitlin, Evan, Olivia, Sunni....you know, basically the entire 2009-11 squads (minus Trammell)...I might be thinking twice about trying out for the DCC only to have to quit my job and live on slave wages, you know?

It seems that nowadays, the gorgeous show-stoppers are the exception: Kahlen is definitely one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.  And KaShara, Tasha, and Heather are close seconds.  Malena is an absolute beauty, but it sucks that she gets cut.  Aside from those gals plus a small handful of others, I keep looking at the rest of the squad and counting how many of them could use a decent nose job, for starters.  (And in VKs case...liposuction, braces, and a complete personality transplant.)

There just aren't as many physical standouts anymore, with the exception of Lacey, KaShara, Kahlen, and Tasha...especially now that "Fifty Yards" Kelsey retired (who cares about her interview...she was a stunner, and endearing to boot!). 

At best, the rest are just "cute" (like Amy  Kelli, Lauren, or Maddie). At worst...they look like VK.  (Can someone direct Daphne to the nearest facial aesthetician to fix the permanent bags under her eyes?)

Just look at the composite photos from 2010 and then the photo from the most recent year.  The overall difference is clear as day.  Im sorry, but the DCC just doesn't seem to attract dancers who look like Kelsi Reich, Sasha Agent, or Kaitlin Ilseng anymore.

Dear Mod:  I'm restricting my observations to the current squad ONLY, and mentioning a few outstanding retirees for the sake of comparison.  I am NOT talking about any of my fellow posters.  Hopefully that's acceptable. 

• Love 4

THIS at public appearances?! No way. I get that she's only 18, but many other DCCs make the team at that age and are much more composed. Current group leader Lacey, for example. Age is no excuse. Get it together, child.

Screenshot_2018-09-30-12-06-32 - Edited.png

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, nancy444 said:

Kudos to Erica! She was always one of my favorites, back in the days when the really stunning-looking girls still made up the majority of the squad.  Now those exceptional beauties seem to be a distinct minority, while the rest are just ...meh.

I wonder if the new media scrutiny (thank you, Erica!)  that the DCC is now getting for under-valuing its squad may be a contributing factor explaining why there's a steady decline in physically show-stopping women in recent years?

I mean, if I looked like Erica, or Brittany Schram, Kelsi Reich, Brittany Evans, Brooke Sorensen, Makenzie Lee, Abigail Klein, Jackie Bob, Ashton, Kaitlin, Evan, Olivia, Sunni....you know, basically the entire 2009-11 squads (minus Trammell)...I might be thinking twice about trying out for the DCC only to have to quit my job and live on slave wages, you know?

It seems that nowadays, the gorgeous show-stoppers are the exception: Kahlen is definitely one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.  And KaShara, Tasha, and Heather are close seconds.  Malena is an absolute beauty, but it sucks that she gets cut.  Aside from those gals plus a small handful of others, I keep looking at the rest of the squad and counting how many of them could use a decent nose job, for starters.  (And in VKs case...liposuction, braces, and a complete personality transplant.)

There just aren't as many physical standouts anymore, with the exception of Lacey, KaShara, Kahlen, and Tasha...especially now that "Fifty Yards" Kelsey retired (who cares about her interview...she was a stunner, and endearing to boot!). 

At best, the rest are just "cute" (like Amy  Kelli, Lauren, or Maddie). At worst...they look like VK.  (Can someone direct Daphne to the nearest facial aesthetician to fix the permanent bags under her eyes?)

Just look at the composite photos from 2010 and then the photo from the most recent year.  The overall difference is clear as day.  Im sorry, but the DCC just doesn't seem to attract dancers who look like Kelsi Reich, Sasha Agent, or Kaitlin Ilseng anymore.

Dear Mod:  I'm restricting my observations to the current squad ONLY, and mentioning a few outstanding retirees for the sake of comparison.  I am NOT talking about any of my fellow posters.  Hopefully that's acceptable. 

Current DCC Alexis is stunning 

• Love 7

I used to have a weight issue (like VKs, not like a serious one) when I was 18 and 19, from pigging out in college for my first 2 years (word to the wise: regular pot smoking does NOT help your waistline). I'm barely 5'2" and weighed 135-140 lbs.

So I quit smoking weed and binge-eating, I attended OA meetings, and lost all the weight by the start of junior year.   Someone needs to tell VK that THIS time in her life is the EASIEST time for her to shed pounds.  As we all know on these boards, you can't just cut out sweets when you're 40 and expect the fat to just melt off while you sit around binge-watching The Bachelor. 

Ah, good times, good times...

• Love 12

Current Alexis, you mean the brunette? Yeah, she is a stunner in comparison with the rest of her squad.  But could she hang with the Big Dogs of the Ashton Torres era?

Just now, Glamourdoll said:

Well, shit. Now I need a plan B.

Haha...you should come over and be my diet partner, then.  How many calories do you think can we burn by our merciless judgment of the female contestants in 2 hours (minus commercials)?

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, nancy444 said:

Ashton, Kaitlin, Sunni, and Mackenzie got married within a short period of time after leaving the squad. Brooke left after putting in five years. I think there is a reason why the majority of the squad left after Season 5, and I would not be surprised if it had to do with a certain DCC who shall remain nameless and her mean girl attitude, and the fact they wanted to have a life outside of DCC Land.

16 minutes ago, nancy444 said:

I used to have a weight issue (like VKs, not like a serious one) when I was 18 and 19, from pigging out in college for my first 2 years (word to the wise: regular pot smoking does NOT help your waistline). I'm barely 5'2" and weighed 135-140 lbs.

So I quit smoking weed and binge-eating, I attended OA meetings, and lost all the weight by the start of junior year.   Someone needs to tell VK that THIS time in her life is the EASIEST time for her to shed pounds.  As we all know on these boards, you can't just cut out sweets when you're 40 and expect the fat to just melt off while you sit around binge-watching The Bachelor. 

Ah, good times, good times...

You’re right it will only be harder for her as she ages and now is the time to instill good habits.   For me, who also struggles w/ weight, my key to being/staying thin is working out/exercising.   When I exercise I can (almost) eat whatever I want and the pounds come off and stay off.  When I don’t exercise, it seems like nothing short of starvation will get or even keep the weight off.  Every person is different, and the will to change needs to come from within.  Others can support you and give advice, but they can’t do it for you no matter what you pay them or how much they want to help.

I hope VK finds what works for her cause she really is beautiful and a great dancer outside of the weight.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, nancy444 said:

Haha...you should come over and be my diet partner, then.  How many calories do you think can we burn by our merciless judgment of the female contestants in 2 hours (minus commercials)?

That's a plan! I'll bring the snacks! And booze! There's no way this can fail!

Edited by Glamourdoll
  • Love 3

I had no idea Cianna is an interior designer.  Kudos to her for being another DCC who can manage a job (part time, whatever) and still maintain all the DCC schedule requires.  She has grown on me with each additional episode.  You know, the episodes where we actually get to meet and know some of the other rookies. ;o)

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 23
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Ashton, Kaitlin, Sunni, and Mackenzie got married within a short period of time after leaving the squad. Brooke left after putting in five years. I think there is a reason why the majority of the squad left after Season 5, and I would not be surprised if it had to do with a certain DCC who shall remain nameless and her mean girl attitude, and the fact they wanted to have a life outside of DCC Land.

To me, Jennifer Alexis and McKenzie Lee (season 8) all time most beautiful, hands down!!!

Edited by jlc
Forgot season
  • Love 3