Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Because Shelly is a class act who has her priorities straight and her head screwed on right.

She's probably heartbroken that Dayton was cut, but considering the working relationship she has with K&J, along with the personal relationship with both of them, I hope she hasn't let her feelings about Dayton being cut influence her position with the DCC organization.

• Love 2

In all honesty, if VK wants to make the team next year, her family needs to stay the crap away from messing with the CMT edits. A lot of people were portrayed in unflattering lights on this show and didn't try to stop the editing, mainly because I could see the organization seeing that as a burned bridge IMO.  

• Love 3

Do we know for a fact that this family is doing this? 

Why would they be so influential on this network?? Unless, as someone speculated, they were floating the idea of giving VK her own show???

The mind boggles if true. 

I read this info on anther thread so don't know if I should have mentioned it here. Sorry. 

Edited by Ninamags
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Ninamags said:

Do we know for a fact that this family is doing this? 

Why would they be so influential on this network?? Unless, as someone speculated, they were floating the idea of giving VK her own show???

The mind boggles if true. 

VK with her own show? Nobody knew who she was prior to this season of DCCMTT.  We knew TK, but I can't even remember a time when TK mentioned VK or that she even existed!

17 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

So no one thinks it was out of line of Madeline to relocate her locker from her assigned spot?  To me that is a little ballsy.   Wonder why she moved it and to where?

May be she was next to Victoria!! LOLOLOL

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

In the clip with VK and Jinelle, VK is looking really pretty. I can't figure out the difference. Her face looks slimmer? Did she lose some of the weight? Change  her makeup? This pic isn't the best because I had to reduce the resolution so much but I can still a slimness there I think?

5bae630361bf2_ScreenShot2018-09-28at1_12_14PM.thumb.jpg.3efb7b2e04157097d3dba8540999bcba.jpg

Also, Don't get me wrong, Kelli is a gorgeous woman and always looks great. But her dresses are sometimes too tight and the one next week is too low cut. I don't understand why she doesn't dress more comfortably for Texas outside weather on a football field. She always seems so out of place -- you know she's got layers of Spanx under there. 

I never noticed how LOW VK cheekbones are...unless it's just the lighting. I remember in the middle seasons 4-6(?) Kelli would wear low cut shirts and had a lot of sun damage on her "decolletage" but now it looks better and smooth..i wonder if its makeup or she had some kind of laser treatment. Can they even laser it? I know the Texas sun is alot more powerful than here in the north. Kelli nor Judy have aged much in the past 13 years....typical celebrities:)

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now didn't someone say that there was no cut scene for Erica cause by that point, K&J were just tired of all the drama?  And I just finished the ep on Amazon - same as last night, nothing cut or changed.

Yeah - I don’t think there was any “blocking” of Erica’s cut scene.  I thought they just chose not to show it cause they already had enough drama with the vets for one season.

• Love 4

There was also a woman in an early season named Nina and she blocked portions of her cut, specifically her very negative reaction. 

Look, I post what I hear. Do with it what you will. Let me just say though, with all these women who eat, breathe, and sleep DCC (and that includes current DCC, alums, wanna-bes, and the friends of all those folks (which includes daughters of TPTB)), stuff spreads VERY quickly. 

14 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

The only show she's getting is Honey Boo Boo, The Community College years.

Funniest thing I’ve ever read on this Board!!!

• Love 24
On 9/28/2018 at 1:42 PM, TexasBorn said:

The only show she's getting is Honey Boo Boo, The Community College years.

Oh we are way past just a keyboard with this one.  You owe me an entire Macbook Pro, Woman.  Funniest damn thing I've read all day!

Edited by go4luca
grammatical errors R us
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

it was totally nonsensical too - I've never seena  single picture of Grandma moses iwthout her hair up or very short and always pin perfect. it was just a ridiculous statement said to be cruel

Miranda does and always has had a very matronly look.   Many have pointed it out on here as well as how she has put on weight.  I think that’s what Kitty was getting at with that comment - not that she literally looked like Grandma Moses, but that her style looked dated and over the hill.

Kitty has been saying creul stuff to these girls since the show first aired.   It’s part of her entertainment appeal.   And it’s not uncommon for dance teachers, especially old school ones, to use metphors like that to get a point across even right to their students faces.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KatherineB said:

I just remember something from back when DCCMTT first came on and then a couple seasons later when Mackenzi was gone, I read something about something she did or said that was derogatory about Judy or Kelli or the DCC in general and was asked to resign from the team.  Could have been a rumor, though.  I was only wondering if anyone else had heard something like that.

Mackenzi Swicegood is one of my favorite DCC’s. I think this picture was taken last year. She’s in the picture with Kelli and Judy. If there was a problem, she probably would not attend alumni functions! 

C792A0BB-FB3D-4334-A5B4-334CC77C9171.jpeg

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, sooooo ill said:

I never noticed how LOW VK cheekbones are...unless it's just the lighting. I remember in the middle seasons 4-6(?) Kelli would wear low cut shirts and had a lot of sun damage on her "decolletage" but now it looks better and smooth..i wonder if its makeup or she had some kind of laser treatment. Can they even laser it? I know the Texas sun is alot more powerful than here in the north. Kelli nor Judy have aged much in the past 13 years....typical celebrities:)

could be lighting, could be placement of contour/blush, could be low cheekbones, could even be a combo

3 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

Mackenzi Swicegood is one of my favorite DCC’s. I think this picture was taken last year. She’s in the picture with Kelli and Judy. If there was a problem, she probably would not attend alumni functions! 

C792A0BB-FB3D-4334-A5B4-334CC77C9171.jpeg

Thanks.  I thought it was probably just a rumor, but wasn't sure.  

• Love 2
On 9/26/2018 at 5:58 PM, ByTor said:

Looks like you remembered season 7 Amy as well as I do :)  LaurenBrook actually gave me the link to that Twitter to refresh my memory, but I'm still drawing a blank!

I'm just a wee bit younger than Tina.  The information about sun damage may have been available, but many of us didn't know about it.  I recall my teenage years laying outside hours upon hours in a swimsuit & corn oil.  I'm lucky I don't look like a horse saddle today :)

@KoKo, I'll tell you what I find insulting...this show insisting on including the bad interviews, like the one who thought Michelle Obama was president, or the one who didn't know what FBI stands for.  The sad thing is, I think that they think showing this is a good thing to show that they won't take someone who can't answer these questions into TC, but the truth is, all it does is perpetuate the idea that dancers are stupid bubbleheads.  In reality, some people choke under pressure and say stupid things...I remember doing some last minute studying for a final for one of my tax classes, and I was so damn scared I couldn't remember my phone # (I know that didn't happen to FBI girl, she admitted she didn't know).  Anyway, when they show that women they are portraying as stupid show up, I think there are people out there who think all of the women are like that, and that is simply not true. 

Great point, I sooo agree with you!!  How many people buckle under pressure in these situations and exactly what you were mentioning, lose memory of the simplest thing ?!!  I've done the same thing!!!  And many adults and children aren't test takers -the test scores don't adequately reflect what they're capable of learning.  Thinking of the interviews, I remember them asking the girls what the last book was that they read. Had they asked my daughter that question, she would've provided a list a mile long.....me, not so much.  I have to admit, my "go to" for relaxing or decompressing, isn't reading anymore -I had to laugh inside when one offered 50 Shades of Gray- that may have been my answer!  However, I can watch the History Channel or National Geographic Marathon for hours .....

It's not an option between being a talented dancer/ performer OR being intelligent.~ Texas Women And/Or DCC achieve both constantly. Nor are we pole-dancing hillbillies with big hair and stage make up with metallic and electric blue eyeshadow.  There may be a small percentage that prefer to have that look outside of the norm (not including the obvious who are going to have a heavier makeup for performance)but they "don't represent" !  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Miranda does and always has had a very matronly look.   Many have pointed it out on here as well as how she has put on weight.  I think that’s what Kitty was getting at with that comment - not that she literally looked like Grandma Moses, but that her style looked dated and over the hill.

Kitty has been saying creul stuff to these girls since the show first aired.   It’s part of her entertainment appeal.   And it’s not uncommon for dance teachers, especially old school ones, to use metphors like that to get a point across even right to their students faces.

thing is, I still wouldn't necessarily call Grandma Moses' look that dated or over the hill. for me, it s far more classic. its the same style ladies of a certain age take on every day for about the last three generations. one day mine will probably do the same , so its not really that dated.  I don't think Miranda has a matronly look, personally. I think she's more classic. shes not sultry sexy, but she's still beautiful and if the hair makes her look matronly, thats still Kellis fault as shes the one that okayed her style. if she was allowed to ditch the central part, it'd help no end in making her look younger

image.thumb.png.abb913e06b97c73eb87bed5ac493be3f.png

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

In the clip with VK and Jinelle, VK is looking really pretty. I can't figure out the difference. Her face looks slimmer? Did she lose some of the weight? Change  her makeup? This pic isn't the best because I had to reduce the resolution so much but I can still a slimness there I think?

5bae630361bf2_ScreenShot2018-09-28at1_12_14PM.thumb.jpg.3efb7b2e04157097d3dba8540999bcba.jpg

Also, Don't get me wrong, Kelli is a gorgeous woman and always looks great. But her dresses are sometimes too tight and the one next week is too low cut. I don't understand why she doesn't dress more comfortably for Texas outside weather on a football field. She always seems so out of place -- you know she's got layers of Spanx under there. 

VK does look really pretty in that scene.  I noticed how good she looked when it aired but didn’t pause it to look at it better to understand why - looking at it now she does look thinner so maybe she did lose some of the weight afterall???  Very interesting if so.  Or it could be a more earthy color of lipstick and better makeup all around.   I’m not sure, but she’s looks really pretty.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

thing is, I still wouldn't necessarily call Grandma Moses' look that dated or over the hill. for me, it s far more classic. its the same style ladies of a certain age take on every day for about the last three generations. one day mine will probably do the same , so its not really that dated.  I don't think Miranda has a matronly look, personally. I think she's more classic. shes not sultry sexy, but she's still beautiful and if the hair makes her look matronly, thats still Kellis fault as shes the one that okayed her style. if she was allowed to ditch the central part, it'd help no end in making her look younger

Kitty has no place commenting on another woman's image.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

VK does look really pretty in that scene.  I noticed how good she looked when it aired but didn’t pause it to look at it better to understand why - looking at it now she does look thinner so maybe she did lose some of the weight afterall???  Very interesting if so.  Or it could be a more earthy color of lipstick and better makeup all around.   I’m not sure, but she’s looks really pretty.

I was thinking it might be after cameos or something else that the girls had their makeup professionally done. It’s got that Peggy look. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

To me it’s like her hair is too perfect and almost a molded shape like it’s covered in aqua net hairspray.  Almost reminds me of those 60’s hairstyles girls used to wear with go go boots and dance on TV - like Austin Powers style???  I don’t know.  Her hair just needs to be more messy and fresh if that makes sense.  Maybe some highlights also so it’s not all one color.

Theres also the issue of her botched boob job - doesn’t look like that’s been fixed yet. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5
Just now, RhiRhi said:

I was thinking it might be after cameos or something else that the girls had their makeup professionally done. It’s got that Peggy look. 

eyemakeup and blush wise, its certainly worlds apart from what we've seen from VK so I''d not be surprised

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I agree.  Her liner is just a little off to me, that is what is bugging me.  But I like the color.

1 hour ago, bitsy123 said:

I still think Jinelle was not brought in specifically as a fitness or nutrition expert, though I suspect she is knowledgeable in both. The TCC already talked to Jay and that nutrition lady who said stuff to her I suspect.

I think Jinelle was actually brought in to teach Victoria personal structure and discipline which seem inconsistent and are core to solving her training camp and weight issues (weight gain, weird behavior in the office flopping on the desk, etc). I think Jinelles real job was to get her up the maturity curve, without that not sure how the other stuff could be solved.

Kelli referred to Victoria as a beautiful storm in one episode so I don’t think she is completely blind to the chaos and lack of self structure with this girl. Jinelle would be a great role model there if one took advantage...

I agree with you on this.  Jinelle could teach anyone (who wanted to listen) how to make the team.  She did it with Yuko when she was a rookie.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

To me it’s like her hair is too perfect and almost a molded shape like it’s covered in aqua net hairspray.  Almost reminds me of those 60’s hairstyles girls used to wear with go go boots and dance TV - like Austin Powers style.   I don’t know.  Her hair just needs to be more messy and fresh if that makes sense.  Maybe some highlights so it’s not all one color.

Theres also the issue of her botched boob job - doesn’t look like that’s been fixed yet. 

I’d like to see how she looks with it flat ironed and shiny straight, maybe even try out some pin in bangs to see it it’s a good look. Brunettes can look spectacular with a curtain of healthy high gloss hair and I’m not sure anybody on the team is rocking that look. All those layers or extensions or whatever just look a little dry and tired.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

There was also a woman in an early season named Nina and she blocked portions of her cut, specifically her very negative reaction. 

Look, I post what I hear. Do with it what you will. Let me just say though, with all these women who eat, breathe, and sleep DCC (and that includes current DCC, alums, wanna-bes, and the friends of all those folks (which includes daughters of TPTB)), stuff spreads VERY quickly. 

Funniest thing I’ve ever read on this Board!!!

You're not talking about Nina Moch, are you?  From season 2?  Or was there another Nina?

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, someone else made a comment about the editing.  It's recorded on DVR's, was on CMT.com already last night, on YouTube.....to go in and redo a show that has already been seen, that is way too much money.  And for what, a less than 10 second blip at the end?  

I stream this from a variety of sources, and right now I have access to about 150 different streams.  However, I am goi g to record the previews for next week, just so we have them.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Kitty is a verbally abusive and misogynistic . She might as well wear a white wife-beater and carry a cold beer.

Not too mention she looks like a worn out  street hooker, so it really irks me when she is so dang nasty about these girls looks. Just once I want to hear someone tell her where to shove it. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

It reminds me of that hilarious movie "Drop Dead Gorgeous" -- Kirstie Alley plays this awful pageant mom to an untalented daughter.  At the end, the daughter gets killed in this ridiculous parade accident, and Kirstie's character is screaming at her dead body "Get up, baby -- we have to go to State!!!!"  

OMG I love this movie. And I see the parallels. ("It's God's way of telling us to buy American.")

I think years of everyone kissing Kitty's butt has gone to her head. There is a point where blunt honesty is sassy, and then you cross that fine line to bitch and bully. There are lots of ways to be blunt without being deliberately hurtful. And it's just damn selfish to say things that could damage these girls self esteem for years just because of who you are and because you can. Yes, they sign themselves up for this. But how about you be a mentor and build them up instead of an asshole who tears them down to look "sassy". 

Regarding V.K., I really don't want to beat up on the poor girl anymore. A lot has been said I agree with, but she is a kid, with feelings. A real person who has yet to evolve into an adult. But, when I am told to work with someone by my boss, no matter how pointless I think it is. I suck it up, and do it.

Edited by Glamourdoll
More thinking
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I was saying that sarcastically as though she didn’t actually do it cause it makes no sense in the world that she did that.

I do not believe Victoria ratted on Madeline for the locker thing cause it was 1. the very first night of TC, and 2. Kelli literally said she noticed it herself - that night.   VK wouldn’t have even had time to rat on her cause Kelli already knew.

I agree. I think it's easy to vilify VK. But I think Madeline does have an attitude that vets and rookies noticed, and vets weren't afraid to tell Kelli about it. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I wanted to know what Dayton used as foundation last week cause her freckles came through and she just looked so fresh and pretty

She uses an airbrush to apply...you can dial in the amount of coverage and her foundation is by Nyx. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

You're not talking about Nina Moch, are you?  From season 2?  Or was there another Nina?

Nina Moch is the one whose supposedly got crazy during her cut. There was Nina Marie from season 6 (I think).  She was cut early on and Judy said she had no personality. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, EssieMay said:

I’d like to see how she looks with it flat ironed and shiny straight, maybe even try out some pin in bangs to see it it’s a good look. Brunettes can look spectacular with a curtain of healthy high gloss hair and I’m not sure anybody on the team is rocking that look. All those layers or extensions or whatever just look a little dry and tired.

Third picture in - it's straight

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - I don’t think there was any “blocking” of Erica’s cut scene.  I thought they just chose not to show it cause they already had enough drama with the vets for one season.

Erica wasn't shown bc not getting closure as to where she went was the worst thing they could do to her. No attention = not a happy Erica, especially when her bffs were all getting more attention from their bad girl antics.

48 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

This. Kitty is not the first or last to say this kind of stuff. I am suprised how much CMT is breaking the "we're all sunshine and rainbows and hugs 24/7" this year and showing some of the negativity. 

31 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

To me it’s like her hair is too perfect and almost a molded shape like it’s covered in aqua net hairspray.  Almost reminds me of those 60’s hairstyles girls used to wear with go go boots and dance on TV - like Austin Powers style???  I don’t know.  Her hair just needs to be more messy and fresh if that makes sense.  Maybe some highlights also so it’s not all one color.

Boob is still a mess, but the hair, well, I can tell you from my own experience, when you have super thick hair, sometimes it just sits like that. She has great hair. 

Not targeting anyone specifially ,but I am in shock and awe that it is so suprising that 1) competitive, professional dancers (and wannabes) are super back stabby, 2) can hug you one minute and then stab you the next 3) will lie and claw to get the spot they want 4) their mammas are usually their #1 knife holders, 5) Kelli, Kitty, Judy, Charlotte, etc. have never been 100% fair, or even 50% fair or follow their own rules, like most pro dance people. 

Edited by UnicornKicks
  • Love 3
Just now, MrsEVH said:

Nina Moch is the one whose supposedly got crazy during her cut. There was Nina Marie from season 6 (I think).  She was cut early on and Judy said she had no personality. 

Nina Moch WAS upset during her cut.  She was a little too desperate.  I forgot about Nina Marie.

53 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

5 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

This. Kitty is not the first or last to say this kind of stuff. I am suprised how much CMT is breaking the "we're all sunshine and rainbows and hugs 24/7" this year and showing some of the negativity. 

I get this, and I don't disagree. But, I feel like the only person in the country who doesn't watch shows where people are treated badly and who does not consider belittling someone entertainment. I think Kitty lost the s in her sass somewhere and I don't think it's useful to her ability to coach these girls at all. I would be the first to admit I don't know the dance world and that you would know this is possibly necessary to get through in that environment. I am a TV viewer who thinks treating other people like shit is not entertaining. And I feel really alone in that based on what sells on the networks and online. I need my wubby now. And a box of wine. And a straw.

• Love 22
18 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

I get this, and I don't disagree. But, I feel like the only person in the country who doesn't watch shows where people are treated badly and who does not consider belittling someone entertainment. I think Kitty lost the s in her sass somewhere and I don't think it's useful to her ability to coach these girls at all. I would be the first to admit I don't know the dance world and that you would know this is possibly necessary to get through in that environment. I am a TV viewer who thinks treating other people like shit is not entertaining. And I feel really alone in that based on what sells on the networks and online. I need my wubby now. And a box of wine. And a straw.

I’m right there with ya, honey.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bitsy123 said:

I still think Jinelle was not brought in specifically as a fitness or nutrition expert, though I suspect she is knowledgeable in both. The TCC already talked to Jay and that nutrition lady who said stuff to her I suspect.

I think Jinelle was actually brought in to teach Victoria personal structure and discipline which seem inconsistent and are core to solving her training camp and weight issues (weight gain, weird behavior in the office flopping on the desk, etc). I think Jinelles real job was to get her up the maturity curve, without that not sure how the other stuff could be solved.

Kelli referred to Victoria as a beautiful storm in one episode so I don’t think she is completely blind to the chaos and lack of self structure with this girl. Jinelle would be a great role model there if one took advantage...

Again I disagree with this.  What does Jinelle - a 32 year old woman who came over from a foreign country when she was 26-27 know about “reining in and professionalizing/taming/maturing” an 18 year old American teen who grew up in Dallas.  I get that she’s very ladylike, sweet and professional, but she is about as far away from VK’s type of background as you can get.   VK needs someone who is from her demographic but is an little older to help her w/ this stuff - Kelli herself is probably best, but if she feels too close to it and wants a vet there’s got to be someone much more appropriate than Jinelle. 

• Love 5