Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

As an attorney I can tell you that waiver or not, you can always bring a lawsuit.  Whether or not you are successful is a different story.

That's what I figured.  Seems like it's a game of chicken.  Would CMT or the TCC blink first?  Probably at the end of the day CMT wouldn't deem it worth the trouble.

Learning to deal w/ people you don’t like is part of being an adult - sounds like VK isn’t the only one in this year’s TC w/ some growing up to do.  

But she has the most "growing up to do" on the other hand if you know that your behavior is going to be justified and excused at every turn or the issue projected onto other people, you don't have to bother.

I would be willing to bet that it had more to do with the fact that vets would not want to tolerate the favoritism -- as is their right.  At the risk of not sounding immature, I would give it a major "f**k this!" myself -- who needs the bs?

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Donna S said:

I believe it was dismissed WITH prejudice- meaning she is barred from bringing an action on the same claim. Dismissal with prejudice is a final judgment and the case becomes res judicata (a matter that has been adjudicated by a competent court and may not be pursued further by the same parties) on the claims that were or could have been brought in it.

I disagree.

A lawsuit dismissed without prejudice that it is dismissed means that there has been no final adjudication either by jury or judge.

A dismissal with prejudice means that you agreed to dismiss the lawsuit and have given up your right to refile -- and it would be considered res judicata if you attempted to refile the lawsuit.

A dismissal without prejudice means that you can re-file.  (think criminal law where the DA discovers new evidence and refiles the charges against the defendant).

JMHO

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

He might have been worried about being found out -- since Shelly is on the board a lot she might have been able to suss out who he was.  :(

I really am upset he/she left.  More than I thought I would be.  I enjoyed our off board discussions but also his insight.  Please come back.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought the lawsuit was dropped not settled.

59 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

could have been -- but I am thinking that she received money with a gag order in exchange for "dropping" the lawsuit.

53 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can't find the post from JohnGalt - was it dismissed with prejudice???  I remember having to look it up

52 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I believe he said dismissed without prejudice.

51 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

if it was dismissed with prejudice it means that she would not be able to re-file the lawsuit -- all the more reason to think she got paid for dropping the lawsuit.

Cowboys didn't want the continued bad publicity as I recall this was right about the same time that other girls (other teams) had filed suits alleging sexual harassment 

46 minutes ago, Donna S said:

I believe it was dismissed WITH prejudice- meaning she is barred from bringing an action on the same claim. Dismissal with prejudice is a final judgment and the case becomes res judicata (a matter that has been adjudicated by a competent court and may not be pursued further by the same parties) on the claims that were or could have been brought in it.

From p.158:

Screenshot_2018-09-29-14-56-48.png

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

From p.158:

Screenshot_2018-09-29-14-56-48.png

Thank you for sharing.  I believe her lawsuit was based on lost wages, if she were paid the wages she probably agreed to drop the lawsuit.  On the other hand, if she was not able to provide an accounting she may have dropped the lawsuit for lack of evidence.  Personally, I believe that she was paid off -- I can't imagine that Charlotte, Kelli or Judy wanted to be dragged into a deposition or deal with the bad publicity.

There is an easy way to confirm the info-- If you have access to the Court where she filed, you can look up the case and the events -- if the filings were not sealed, everything is usually a matter of public record.

• Love 1

Yeah, it was without prejudice. I doubt that there was any big settlement given that no credible defense attorney that I know would  advise their client to settle and w/out a dismissal with prejudice. It’s possible that some small deal could’ve been worked out though especially since Erica dropped it before the DCCs had to answer or file a motion to dismiss. I find the whole thing to be a bit odd though. I’ve had cases where the plaintiff just up and decides to dismiss the case out of blue, but those have typically (in my exoerience) been cases that were half-assed from the start. Here, Erica’s team drafted a very detailed complaint and then went on a media blitz once it was filed. Perhaps she just got cold feet, but it’s kind of odd. 

3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, it was without prejudice. I doubt that there was any big settlement given that no credible defense attorney that I know would  advise their client to settle and w/out a dismissal with prejudice. It’s possible that some small deal could’ve been worked out though especially since Erica dropped it before the DCCs had to answer or file a motion to dismiss. I find the whole thing to be a bit odd though. I’ve had cases where the plaintiff just up and decides to dismiss the case out of blue, but those have typically (in my exoerience) been cases that were half-assed from the start. Here, Erica’s team drafted a very detailed complaint and then went on a media blitz once it was filed. Perhaps she just got cold feet, but it’s kind of odd. 

I think they underestimated the response from current and former DCC, as well as, the public.  They also left out facts which were then substantiated in the media - ie the real reason she left, that the mascot is also a full time employee, etc.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Did @JohnGalt leave the board?  His name no longer pulls up and I had a PM convo with him that has since evaporated.  So sad if he did leave.  Seemed like a stand-up, sane (for this forum) person.

Yep, they’re cracking down. :-(

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think they underestimated the response from current and former DCC, as well as, the public.  They also left out facts which were then substantiated in the media - ie the real reason she left, that the mascot is also a full time employee, etc.

I agree that the reaction from other DCCs surprised her and could’ve caused her to dismiss. However, the reason she left is irrelevant in a FLSA or EPA claim. Those are both wage based claims. And while I agree that Rowdy being a full-time employee is relevant to the EPA claim, a plaintiff’s job is not to put in facts that are helpful to the defendant. It is the defendant’s job to assert those facts in an Answer or Motion to Dismiss (its annoying, and i say that as someone who has only ever represented defendants/employers, but that’s how it works). Her attorney’s job is to allege a comparator and hope that even if it’s a bs comparator, that the judge will decline to dismiss based on the facts alleged in the complaint and force the defendants into discovery.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I agree that the reaction from other DCCs surprised her and could’ve caused her to dismiss. However, the reason she left is irrelevant in a FLSA or EPA claim. Those are both wage based claims. And while I agree that Rowdy being a full-time employee is relevant to the EPA claim, a plaintiff’s job is not to put in facts that are helpful to the defendant. It is the defendant’s job to assert those facts in an Answer or Motion to Dismiss (its annoying, and i say that as someone who has only ever represented defendants/employers, but that’s how it works). Her attorney’s job is to allege a comparator and hope that even if it’s a bs comparator, that the judge will decline to dismiss based on the facts alleged in the complaint and force the defendants into discovery.

Do you practice in Texas?

I practice in California and she wouldn't even have file in "Superior Court" -- she could have filed a claim with the Labor Relations Board alleging what wages were not paid, and the employer would have to respond and prove up payment.

As i said before I was not terribly sympathetic -- it sounded like she was b**hurt over being fired and tried to pull a power play.  Again, I do believe that the organization probably coughed up some money to make her go away and to save every one bad publicity and deposition time.  Given the value of the Cowboys -- it was a drop in that big ole ATT Stadium.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Oh you had said something about her getting cold feet, so I was just wondering if the media/social media/etc all got to her.  Cause you can come on strong with a media blitz, but once the facts get out there, you start to lose your fans, the sympathy, etc.  I mean, I was surprised to see the number of alumni that made comments.  But I'm glad to see that she's got a lot going on, lots of friends, etc.

2 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Do you practice in Texas?

I practice in California and she wouldn't even have file in "Superior Court" -- she could have filed a claim with the Labor Relations Board alleging what wages were not paid, and the employer would have to respond and prove up payment.

As i said before I was not terribly sympathetic -- it sounded like she was b**hurt over being fired and tried to pull a power play.  Again, I do believe that the organization probably coughed up some money to make her go away and to save every one bad publicity and deposition time.  Given the value of the Cowboys -- it was a drop in that big ole ATT Stadium.

Nope, not in Texas, nor the Fifth Circuit. I actually rarely ever handle wage based claims, so I don't know what the typical process is for purely wage-based claims in Texas or if she could have filed in state court or had an administrative claim. It's Texas, which I doubt is an employee-friendly state, so I don't know.  I typically handle discrimination claims (ADA, ADEA, Title VII, etc), and at every firm I've worked at, there has been a different group (or subsection of the labor/employment group) or attorney who primarily handles the wage/labor claims. However, a plaintiff will sometimes bring the full spectrum of claims - FLSA, Title VII, Section 1983 when its a government employer, EPA, etc, (those Complaints are SO fun to wade through -sarcasm), so I have some knowledge of the wage claims and what's required to prove them, but not the specific case law, regs, etc. 

Erica is not a terribly sympathetic plaintiff, but the Cowboys are not a sympathetic defendant. The employer pretty much never is, but especially not here. I can buy that they paid her something. She seemed very bitter and pretty spiteful, so I would be surprised if she dismissed the claim (without being paid something), without at least forcing them to respond and file a Motion to Dismiss. They would've at least had to show their cards a little bit to get the case dismissed, which I assume they very much did not want to do. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Erica is not a terribly sympathetic plaintiff, but the Cowboys are not a sympathetic defendant. The employer pretty much never is, but especially not here. I can buy that they paid her something. She seemed very bitter and pretty spiteful, so I would be surprised if she dismissed the claim (without being paid something), without at least forcing them to respond and file a Motion to Dismiss. They would've at least had to show their cards a little bit to get the case dismissed, which I assume they very much did not want to do. 

Totally agree.

• Love 3
On 9/28/2018 at 3:11 PM, ShellyB said:

It’s comic relief in my day...and there’s no point in disputing some of the stuff, because some are just stuck in their own thoughts. VK didn’t rat on Madeline, and as far as I know, Tina told me that she is not watching the show. Can’t speak for Victoria.

Shelly I love that you are on here , sticking up for Dayton, or even just being a mom, answering questions ( like what makeup she used) . Its refreshing  :) 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Two vets have told me that they will retire if VK comes back. To quote one of them, “It’s just not worth the drama.”

That’s really immature and frankly, stupid of them to base a decision like that on how they don’t get along w/ one girl who is likely at least 3 years younger than them on a squad of 36.   Learning to deal w/ people you don’t like is part of being an adult - sounds like VK isn’t the only one in this year’s TC w/ some growing up to do.  

Not to mention how these girls are trashing their organization and it’s leadership to outsiders who post the details on the internet.   Whoever these two are, they sound immature and petty and the DCC are probably better off w/o them on the squad. 

I have to disagree with you @MyFavShows. Until you are in their shoes, you cannot make an assumption about their decision. It’s been disgusting to watch as a viewer. I can just imagine what it was like to be around VK. I’ll use the word toxic as it really seems to apply to this girl. She appears to be the kind of person that sucks all the air out of a room.

From all that we have read on the board, if I were a 2018 cheerleader, and she came to sit next to me, I’d get up and move. And if it was now 2019, she made it to training camp again, knowing what all came out in the end, I’d quit to. My rational? That if that is type of woman the DCC considers okay for their team than I’m not the right fit for the DCC any longer. 

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I dont know if you've ever worked somewhere like that, but I have. locker rooms and buses are a small space and rumours and stories travel fast. seeing one person get away with murder while you have to behave like MOther Teresa is galling.  haing someone strut around as though they're untouchable becomes annoying. I left a job when people went from simply ratting out others to making up rumours and lies. I was accused of having an affair with a married man (I was 19 and utterly uninterested and he was in his 50s and veery happily married) because we ate lunch at our desks together one day and chatted about sci-fi shows for 40 minutes.  that got back to our boss and to my mother who worked in another department in another building ten miles away. I was pulled into a meetin gwith my boss about appropriate workplace behaviour. I became a parriah. i started eating lunch in my car. I wept on the way to work. toxic work environments are hellish and in the end I left. all because one person decided to make up a story to make them look good and me look bad.

I’m really sorry that happened to you.

4 hours ago, MTTFan said:

I can only offer my opinion -- it's all fine and good to say that people should just keep their head down and do their job but I would have to wonder "why?"  You are there putting yourself out on the line and working your ass off only to see some brainless, self-indulged spoiled pudgy twit tell you she has a guaranteed spot -- as a human being you would have to wonder "why bother" especially after seeing that brat who fell during auditions make it to camp after other girls were cut that outdanced her. 

This whole VK, Kelly, CMT, Charlotte has caused this season to reek and I am with others who question whether or not they will watch the next season.  It has also colored my opinion of Kelli and Judy and the organization as a whole.

If I were VK, I would have kept my mouth shut -- what was to be gained but to puff yourself up to the detriment of others and cements the opinion that people have that you are a mean girl.  This is should be about DCC not "Heathers." and VK trashing Jinelle, Kelli and in turn, the organization shows just what a spoiled brat she is/was.

I understand that people who are friends or relatives of VK who post on this board feel differently -- but they should take a good hard look at the some of the opinions expressed on this board, anonymous or not, there is validity to some of them. and the continued justification of her behavior (and/or her moms) will only keep her from realizing her mistakes -- If I were her, knowing what happened this season, I would think you would have to be pretty ballsy to try out next year knowing that people she trashed this year and who made the team, will be there next year.

Its unfortunate that people will always find a way to justify or excuse the behavior or place blame on others.

People who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

You go, girl!!!

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought the lawsuit was dropped not settled.

It was dismissed without prejudice. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I have to disagree with you @MyFavShows. Until you are in their shoes, you cannot make an assumption about their decision. It’s been disgusting to watch as w viewer. I can just imagine what it was like to be around VK. I’ll use the word toxic as it really seems to apply to this girl. She appears to be the kind of person that sucks all the air out of a room.

From all that we have read on the board, if I were a 2018 cheerleader, and she came to sit next to me, I’d get up and move. And if it was now 2019, she made it to training camp again, knowing what all came out in the end, I’d quit to. My rational? That if that is type of woman the DCC considers okay for their team than I’m not the right fit for the DCC any longer. 

From what you’ve seen on the show you really think that of her?   Cause I don’t see what has been shown of her on the show that looks so nasty except maybe this half a second preview w/ Jinelle thing that we haven’t even seen the full footage of where she says “you’ve never had a weight issue”...

Or are you referring/thinking more about the rumors that have been posted on this board well before TC even started - that have been swaying opinions against her to the point where there are outrageous assumptions made about her upbringing and character - some of which has actually been refuted by both insiders and directly by Kelli on the show - for instance how Shelly said to her knowledge that VK did not rat out Madeline, and Kelli specially said it was veterans that did it - or how the were also insiders who said VK is actually friends w/ some of these girls she’s allegedly had issues with...not to mention people who have met her and say she is nice.

• Love 1

As we have said many, many times before: everyone is free to post here. It is not OK to discuss your fellow posters AT ALL, since they are not the subject of this forum - the show is. Do NOT discuss your fellow posters. No speculating who someone might be, or where someone has gone, or why they feel the way they feel. Warnings will be handed out for any further violations of this rule, with suspensions if needed. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yep, they’re cracking down. :-(

I actually PM’ed that individual a few weeks ago to see if they were able to verify something I had heard. He told me that the board was no longer a priority for him. That there was too much fake information floating around on here and being taken as fact. ??‍♀️

Edited by NotaDCCheerleader
Sorry. Just saw the mod note. I’ll delete it necessary.
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

It goes well beyond “not getting along with” -  she made their lives hell, her and Tina both. I understand their decision. 

Wow....It really seems as though Alumni have been given too much leeway in the sisterhood so to speak. If you are not currently employed by the organization, there should be a few events (socials) where former DCC can gather, however, they should not have so much power regarding TCC AND Current DCC getting on the team and staying on the team. It's time for a HARD LINE.

Kitty is part of the organization, so it is what it is.

That being said

Kelli has to be the one, along with Charlotte to set the tone and stop this crap.  The term Hostile Work Environment exists for a reason.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, rose711 said:

Just an odd thing I noticed. The after buzz tv recap show does a recap after every episode, which I watched only the first two. I checked to watch the one for the latest episode and it was removed for violating YouTube policy. But all the other episodes seem to still be there. I tried to take a creep shot, but for some reason I can’t.

Why would Tina not speak to Kelli if Victoria is trying out next year? At the least she should keep her onside for next year. 

I was just responding (late) to a post way upstream about TK not speaking to Kelli.  But it doesn’t make sense to burn that bridge if VK is trying out.  

• Love 2

I do feel that, given what we've seen of Victoria on the show, it isn't hard to imagine that there's hard feelings about her behind the scenes, especially if even half of what we've heard about her behavior is true (in addition to what we've seen).  I wouldn't doubt that several girls would not want to put themselves through another Training Camp with Victoria if she hasn't grown up and out of the many behaviors we've seen on the show.  I certainly wouldn't if I'd experienced that.  

If Tina really ISN'T speaking to Kelli, I would suspect it's only a temporary setback, especially if Victoria is intent on trying out again next year.  It could also be that Tina realizes what she's done and doesn't want to compound the issue by imposing on Kelli for a second time regarding Victoria getting on the squad.  It could be Tina realizes that she made a serious mistake and used up any and all of Kelli's goodwill and partisan support of Victoria this year and, now that it's gone, Victoria will be on her own next year.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Yes --

The film is there showing her dance mistakes; the film is there showing her weight gain and the lie about going to the doctor's appointment seems to be a given.  Her posts on SM did not help her cause. Her mouthing off to Jinelle was poorly done- 

Bottom line, she had a spot and she presumed upon her mother's friendship with Kelli to save her ass.  She F'd up big time

If there weren't problems, she would not have been cut and all the justification and excuses don't change that.  

My apologies as well. 

Re: her being cut so there had to be issues, she easily can be cut because of weight alone.

What did she post on SM that was so bad? - this is a new one that I am unaware of.  That stuff about coming back healthier next year and the workout videos?  Or was there something bad or nasty that I missed.

This stuff about her being guarneteed a spot is as of now still a rumor and has not been addressed on the show.  Being that some of those insiders who said that also said she ratted out Madeline (when that’s been refuted), I’ll reserve my judgement on that.

Re: footage of her dance mistakes - well, there is also footage of her dancing well.  And even if her dancing isn’t good, that’s no reason to hate someone - there have been lots of less than stellar dancers who have made DCC.  Dayton and Malena were shown making mistakes too - if they made the team would they deserve to be hated?

And if someone lying about gong to a doctor appointment when they really didn’t (assuming that’s even true) is reason to hate someone so much that one would quit the DCC if they made it or get up and walk away when they sat down next to you - I just don’t know what to say to that.  It just seems very low on the  totem pole of awful things a person can do in life.  

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MTTFan said:

I understand that people who are friends or relatives of VK who post on this board feel differently -- but they should take a good hard look at the some of the opinions expressed on this board, anonymous or not, there is validity to some of them. and the continued justification of her behavior (and/or her moms) will only keep her from realizing her mistakes 

Its unfortunate that people will always find a way to justify or excuse the behavior or place blame on others.

People who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Because this can't be shared enough.  One of the best summations of this situation I've seen shared in this forum.

Now if someone could print it out, laminate it and put it on a wall where VK and Co. can read it every day.  Humility is a beautiful thing and has an uncanny way of opening people to giving you another chance.  But you have to earn it.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Re: her being cut so there had to be issues, she easily can be cut because of weight alone.

What did she post on SM that was so bad? - this is a new one that I am unaware of.  That stuff about coming back healthier next year and the workout videos?  Or was there something bad or nasty that I missed.

This stuff about her being guarneteed a spot is as of now still a rumor and has not been addressed on the show.  Being that some of those insiders who said that also said she ratted out Madeline (when that’s been refuted), I’ll reserve my judgement on that.

Re: footage of her dance mistakes - well, there is also footage of her dancing well.  And even if her dancing isn’t good, that’s no reason to hate someone - there have been lots of less than stellar dancers who have made DCC.  Dayton and Malena were shown making mistakes too - if they made the team would they deserve to be hated?

And if someone lying about gong to a doctor appointment when they really didn’t (assuming that’s even true) is reason to hate someone so much that one would quit the DCC if they made it or get up and walk away when they sat down next to you - I just don’t know to say to that.  It just seems very low on the  totem pole of awful things a person can do in life.  

We will have to agree to disagree.  

Based on what I have seen, I will not change my opinion and stand by my assertion that it will be pretty ballsy of her to come back if even only half of what has been alleged is actually true.  She is toxic and IMHO to assert that other people should change their behavior in order to perpetuate someone's toxic behavior does not do anybody any favors, including VK's..  

You obviously feel differently and I don't think we are going to change each other's minds. C'est le vie.

@go4luca:  Thank you.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 17

Some of the TCC's were not shown on the across the field practice or close up on the dances on the field?! Weird since they went two nights in a row to the high school field--- Did I miss something?  Seems like one in particular is only zoomed in w/poms in her lap or as an annoying talking head- hmmm?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Wow.  VK's stomach jiggle was very visible and not pretty.  Not trying to be mean, just real.  A very visible size difference from VK and the others.

VK body comparison V2.jpg

I mean yes I think we can all agree she's not DCC standard size and it's an issue.  But she does have showmanship and she doesn't seem out of control here. The two in the back are boring and Madeline needs a a new smile. Maybe it's just my monitor but it doesn't look natural. Anyway I just thought it was cool to finally see them dance a little more without all those whooooooosh slow down thingys.

• Love 4
On 9/28/2018 at 7:58 PM, Jennv said:

This is off topic, but I thought it was funny. I was watching the season 8 episode last night and My husband walked in and sat down during Vivians cameo shoot. Kitty and Kelli were discussing how hopelessly bad she supposedly looked in the uniform and how fat she is. My husband says "what the f*** are they talking about? She is hot" I told him they always do that crap, they think anyone not anorexic is too fat. He watched another minute and then said "whatever, that girl is fkn hot" lol

Longtime lurker, first time poster. *waves spastically* 

I always thought Vivian was absolutely beautiful, “thick thighs” included. She looked like 10lbs of dynamite in a 5lb bag that first year. When she came back, she has definitely leaned out but she also lacked all the power she had before. I was always sad that she didn’t make it the first go around because she was curvier than some of the others. She had the power, the presence, and the look to have taken that field by storm. I think her being cut did encourage her to lose weight but it also killed some of her fire. Meanwhile, here we are with some willowy waifs who have teeth too big for their faces and about as much power as my 93 year old demented grandma. Sorry, end rant. 

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, DangerousCurves said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster. *waves spastically* 

I always thought Vivian was absolutely beautiful, “thick thighs” included. She looked like 10lbs of dynamite in a 5lb bag that first year. When she came back, she has definitely leaned out but she also lacked all the power she had before. I was always sad that she didn’t make it the first go around because she was curvier than some of the others. She had the power, the presence, and the look to have taken that field by storm. I think her being cut did encourage her to lose weight but it also killed some of her fire. Meanwhile, here we are with some willowy waifs who have teeth too big for their faces and about as much power as my 93 year old demented grandma. Sorry, end rant. 

Keyra making the team last year always made me think about how unfair it was that Vivian didn’t make it that first year.  Keyra had much more drumstick thighs, and Vivian was so much prettier and a good performer.   Vivian was so pretty that second season she came back, but then she got such an awful edit - I’m sure she had some annoying tendencies, but it just seemed over the top to me.  I also have a conspiracy theory that the producers or someone egged her into doing that poem ;).  

She got really weird on SM after she was cut though and started getting all kinds of unnecessary plastic surgery - she should have left herself alone cause she was so pretty.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6

I doubt any veterans next year have to worry about VK making the team . She's not going to lose the weight and I doubt Kelli would take her back to training camp if she showed up to auditions without any weight loss. I could be totally wrong though. But that's a spot another dedicated young woman could have had. I wish Kalyssa and Alexandria hadn't made the team at all, seeing as how they flaked out before they were finished. What's the story on Alexandria? Did she quit during football season and why? 

I also missed the part that Tina wasn't speaking to Kelli. I wish I knew what page that was on. I thought they were BFF's. It kinda makes their friendship somewhat superficial if you're gonna stop talking to someone you have known 30+ years over your daughter making a jerk of herself on national TV and as a result she gets cut. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I didn't say to the same proportions as th States, but there re overweight people everywhere around the globe. weight struggles are not the purview of americans. just because Jinelle is Australian doesn't mean she has no experience with weight struggles. would she have made the same complaint if Jinelle were Canadian or British? weight struggles are universal, if not to quite the epidemic proportions of the US, but then nobody is claiming VK to be a part of an obesity issue, simply large for DCC

Keeping up with the Kalina's or Real Trainwrecks of Dallas

23 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I didn't say to the same proportions as th States, but there re overweight people everywhere around the globe. weight struggles are not the purview of americans. just because Jinelle is Australian doesn't mean she has no experience with weight struggles. would she have made the same complaint if Jinelle were Canadian or British? weight struggles are universal, if not to quite the epidemic proportions of the US, but then nobody is claiming VK to be a part of an obesity issue, simply large for DCC

Keeping up with the Kalina's or Real Trainwrecks of Dallas

7 hours ago, caffeinez said:

So basically CMT's lawyers would probably laugh off most threats to sue, but might pay attention to threats of certain types of suits that they think they might lose, or that they think would lead to an expensive and lengthy legal proceeding.

*end  legal sidebar*

Your whole post was a very interesting read! Thank you for the insight.

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I really enjoy seeing them in their natural state.  Pretty ladies all of them.

classic_bridge_42068909_669824203386034_6102703514276655278_n copy.jpg

All three prettier here than in their cameos.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Keyra making the team last year always made me think about how unfair it was that Vivian didn’t make it that first year.  Keyra had much more drumstick thighs, and Vivian was so much prettier and a good performer.   Vivian was so pretty that second season she came back, but then she got such an awful edit - I’m sure she had some annoying tendencies, but it just seemed over the top to me.  I also have a conspiracy theory that the producers or someone egged her into doing that poem ;).  

She got really weird on SM after she was cut though and started getting all kinds of unnecessary plastic surgery - she should have left herself alone cause she was so pretty.

I agree with this and can also add, she was pretty aware of the cameras which always made wonder exactly how much she was in it for the team and how much she was in it for the exposure the show would give her.

Where is she now?

• Love 3

I watched the season where Hannah, the beautiful dancer who was on show group her rookie year, got cut from training camp for weighing 11 pounds mote than when she picked. 

I feel part of that was extreme frustration and disappointment on Kelis part because Hannah seemed to have been talked to about her weight endlessly. Still, she was cut because she didn’t shoe any improvement in her weight, mid camp.

it was season 9 and episode 4 is her cut if anyone wants to watch it.

1 hour ago, ElenaFR said:

Vivian was definitely curvy toned hot that first year. Wish she had made it. 

Yes, she should have made it. That year they took Morgan, Breelen and Kaitlin. Kaitlin didn’t finish the year and Morgan and Breelen got cut the next year at finals. I think Vivian would have lasted a couple of years if she had made it. 

• Love 7

One thing about VK you can’t deny is that she would be a devoted DCC for as long as they’d keep her around.  If she could keep her weight under control, they would get 4+ seasons out of her (which I’m not necessarily saying is a good thing given her attitude).  But these randos that come and go a season at a time are probably pretty maddening for Kelli and Judy.  Fresh blood is great, but if none of the girls stick with it, you don’t have long term, experienced veterans to lead the team.  

• Love 6