Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

After the last episode I have a girl crush on Ashlee, she’s great. I love that not every girl has a really sad backstory anymore... I mean, listening to someone almost cry about mean girls and how they overcame that torture really almost makes me cry and all, but yeah... 

I was also a little shocked.. who’s Amber? Have we met her? I had no idea she existed. 

Erin looked so great in that clip on the field, amazing how much she improved in a year.

To me, Madeline didn’t come across well during her office visit. I felt like her being all sorry and amazed at how people were talking about her just didn’t feel sincere. I didn’t feel like she really felt like her behavior was wrong or inappropriate for a rookie candidate. 

All season so far I’ve been loving Kelli’s look, she looks amazing! Young and fresh.

but yeah, it does seem like Kelli is off, it’s probably editing, but I totally get the comments about Kelli relying on other peoples opinions. Overall I think Kelli does a great job. We may not agree with all her decisions, but at the end once the season starts she does end up with a great team, there’s no denying that. I dont follow other squads really, just what I see on instagram, but to me the DCC always look the best on the field and I applaud Kelli and Judy and everyone involved for that. 

Its funny how the preview for next week that took up about 10 seconds of this episode is actually the thing most discussed lol. I also can’t wait for the episode. This thread is going to go crazy next week. 

Also, I’m ashamed to say that I had no idea grandma Moses was an actual person... I thought that was just something Kitty says. You always learn something new...

• Love 9
On 9/14/2018 at 7:56 AM, cfinboston said:

It seems like the sort of thing they'd edit out. Remember Kelli is a producer, so she can decide what makes it in. Public critique of her size may be actually emotionally damaging to somebody like her. Slightly OT but does anyone remember how Meredith Oden was always heavy? Maybe it's a legacy thing.

I remember. And her mom was also heavy when they showed her at home segment so maybe it's genetic. And the sign on her bathroom mirror that said "no cheating when eating!" So maybe she already struggled with weight. 

27 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

We don’t know that she didn’t.    She looked a little thinner in that footage of her meeting w/ Jinelle - perhaps she got some of the weight off on her own or by working with others and the meeting was just about her and Jinelle not getting along?, not even her weight.  

How do you know that?  There would have been no reason to have Jinelle try and work with her otherwise -- they have never assigned an alumn to a TCC before  (isn't that Melissa the Mentor's job al a Breelan) -- but of course, I forgot. VK was entitled, had been promised a spot and was about to throw it away with hands so she got special treatment.

For all the good it did her.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, MTTFan said:

How do you know that?  There would have been no reason to have Jinelle try and work with her otherwise -- they have never assigned an alumn to a TCC before  (isn't that Melissa the Mentor's job al a Breelan) -- but of course, I forgot. VK was entitled, had been promised a spot and was about to throw it away with hands so she got special treatment.

Maybe Melissa the Mentor and Jinelle did rock, paper, scissors  and Jinelle lost, so she was the one who had to help Victoria. I think she was a saint trying (trying being the true word here) to help Victoria.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe Melissa the Mentor and Jinelle did rock, paper, scissors  and Jinelle lost, so she was the one who had to help Victoria. I think she was a saint trying (trying being the true word here) to help Victoria.

LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

wonder if all it would take is the mention of the word "lawyer" to get CMT to now show a girl in a bad light?

they have to sign some kind of waiver saying they consent to be on t.v. though dont they? i could be wrong but if they sign it they prob dont have a choice. BUT then again kelli and Charlotte i think would do whatever it takes to not tarnish the brand so if someone did say lawyer they would prob squash it quickly whatever they think will work. im sure there are some things they wouldnt do but something a simple as leave out footage of a girl in bad light, theyd prob comply. i would think anyway.

Edited by ladybug525
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I wonder if all it would take is the mention of the word "lawyer" to get CMT to now show a girl in a bad light?

That is what Amy did. And whatever was said, her cut was not included in the show.

1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

That is what Amy did. And whatever was said, her cut was not included in the show.

If it’s that easy why doesn’t everyone with an “uncomfortable” cut just claim they have a lawyer?  I can’t imagine word hasn’t gotten around to other TCCs.  

• Love 2

Another note about Season 3 - they should have two of the Cowboys players do something with the cheerleaders like they used to (two players were on the show in Season 1 and Season 3). God knows, they could use the pr.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe she was not at the meeting where they were deciding who had to work with Victoria, and she was "drafted" for missing the meeting.

Did anyone notice the "big gulp" swallow Jinelle did during the preview when VK started talking?  it seemed to me she was choking down what she really wanted to say but refrained 

• Love 3

I'm kind of disappointed.  Here in Australia we got an episode labelled as #8 "here comes Kitty" and it references that Kitty comes to auditions and the dancers are choreographed by Travis Wall but we don't see Kitty at all.   We also don't see KeShara falling, Victoria being spoken to about her weight or Dayton being sent home.    Does anyone perchance have a link they might be able to PM me to help e out with this episode?

6 hours ago, EssieMay said:

Man. I’d hate for most of the stuff I said and did at 18 to end up on TV. Legal adult or not I was a complete idiot.

Thats why 18 is too young.

Edited by rose711
Misspelled “that”
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

That media day with Taylor T is hands down what is going to get her cut.

Absolutely. As soon as she said she didn’t know the #metoo movement, I knew she was done. That’s completely the type of information a girl should know and would be asked about. Kelli can’t send her anywhere because she’s a complete risk. I doubt she will ever make the team after that debacle.

• Love 4
On 9/27/2018 at 5:59 PM, SmpIsimon said:

Where I live, she'd look like she was their mother.

I agree. I live in NYC and Tina looks much older. It may be because of the sun exposure they seem to get in Dallas.

54 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Absolutely. As soon as she said she didn’t know the #metoo movement, I knew she was done. That’s completely the type of information a girl should know and would be asked about. Kelli can’t send her anywhere because she’s a complete risk. I doubt she will ever make the team after that debacle.

You are forgetting Kelsey - of "50 yard" fame.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, AnDieT said:

5) Kelli, Kitty, Judy, Charlotte, etc. have never been 100% fair, or even 50% fair or follow their own rules, like most pro dance people. 

That is so true. It is kind of a double edge sword that CMT is showing these back episodes because the statements coming out of their mouths about weight, uniform fittings, attitude are so different that what they are saying this year regarding Madeline, Kirsten, and especially Victoria. I am not sure where Kelli lost her way regarding this team and the expectations for it to remain "world class", but she needs to get herself back on track because right now, this team is a laughing stock (at least in my opinion)!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I remember KaShara's rookie TC where Kelli told her she needed to lose weight and she just went and did without anyone's help.  In a talking head, KaShara said she hadn't weighed that little since junior high.

I actually feel very guilty that it's been sitting in my DVR for 24 hours and I haven't watched it yet :(

Kashara was told to lose weight in her rookie season (according to her interview on the show) and she did lose some based on her appearance but the girl who said she was as small as when she was in junior high was Courtney, she was the girl who quit her pharmaceutical sales job because she had moved to Dallas to become a cheerleader and her job didn’t give her enough time to practice. I was always a little put off by how excited Kelli was when Courtney came into cameos 8 or 9 pounds smaller, I am not sure how such a small girl could lose so much so quickly in a healthy way. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

@Montana99 No idea if Jinelle is being paid to work with Jinelle.

And yes I am a fellow Montanan born and raised.

I'm not from Montana, but I am 11 chapters into a romantic novel that begins in Seattle, Washington and ends in Cincinnati, Ohio.  Laurel, Montana is a key point or place in the story.  It's my first novel and I have irons in the fire on getting a publisher.

• Love 3
On 9/27/2018 at 11:39 PM, MyFavShows said:

So no one thinks it was out of line of Madeline to relocate her locker from her assigned spot?  To me that is a little ballsy.   Wonder why she moved it and to where?

Agreed...there is more to the locker issue and her making comments . I was fine with Madeline's feedback from Kelli as she implied that Vets...( plural )were not liking her attitude. Moving her lockerI IS pretty presumptive...

Kelli was rude to Kristin no doubt. I would imagine there was more conversation we did not see. Kelli seemed triggered by Kristin not being able to get her to understand the Wow factor.  Judy tried as well. Kristin is young and does not quite have her voice yet...I really felt for her though, she did NOT deserve to be minimized and demeaned.  Kitty and Kelli seemed to be Very Jealous of her looks and wanting to "take her down a peg." Problem is...Kristin does not seem to notice or need to use her looks over talent. 

Like watching Sorority Rush. 

Memories...... 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

Agreed...there is more to the locker issue and her making comments . I was fine with Madeline's feedback from Kelli as she implied that Vets...( plural )were not liking her attitude. Moving her lockerI IS pretty presumptive...

Kelli was rude to Kristin no doubt. I would imagine there was more conversation we did not see. Kelli seemed triggered by Kristin not being able to get her to understand the Wow factor.  Judy tried as well. Kristin is young and does not quite have her voice yet...I really felt for her though, she did NOT deserve to be minimized and demeaned.  Kitty and Kelli seemed to be Very Jealous of her looks and wanting to "take her down a peg." Problem is...Kristin does not seem to notice or need to use her looks over talent. 

Like watching Sorority Rush. 

Memories...... 

I don’t know where they got the idea that Kristin thinks she will make the team because she’s beautiful. Kitty said the same thing to Ashley Pro the night of the fat cheerleaders when Ashley got cut. Everything we’ve seen of Kristin is she is doing her best. I think she’s good and if she hadn’t been working and driving and always so exhausted, she would have made it.

Melina just looks terrified when dancing on the field to me, she’s like a combination of Morgan and Breelen. Morgan forgot things but she was a beautiful, enetrainung performer - which I didn’t see at all in Malena the past two episodes. Breelen  always looked terrified and startled. Breelen is one who I thought needed to grow up a lot more. 

I never thought there was a chance in hell they would ever cut the runner up to miss USA or America, whichever Rachel was. They desperately want that PR. She’s a good dancer too. She will be amazing on appearances because of her media training, even if she seems a bit guarded. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

I was fine with Madeline's feedback from Kelli as she implied that Vets...( plural )were not liking her attitude. Moving her lockerI IS pretty presumptive...

I equate that to someone starting their 1st day at work & then randomly putting their stuff in a different cubicle...a can't see a boss letting that go.  I also noticed when Madeline was "crying" that there were no tears.  I'm starting to think she's not a particularly humble person.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I equate that to someone starting their 1st day at work & then randomly putting their stuff in a different cubicle...a can't see a boss letting that go.  I also noticed when Madeline was "crying" that there were no tears.  I'm starting to think she's not a particularly humble person.

I didn’t understand what she did exactly. Did she peel the name tapes and move lockers? If she just randomly took someone else’s locker so she could have it, that was presumptuous. 

25 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

Yeah, now that I have actually seen the episode, I don't see any reason to think that VK was involved in the Madeline drama with the the locker, although I have no doubt that she probably provided negative information to Kelli about other tccs. This specific critique seemed like the type of thing that would annoy vets, not necessarily another rookie. It's like when you start a new job at a place with a designated parking lot. If you're brand new, you may get some looks if go and park in the closest parking spot near the door. Even when I've worked in places where there weren't designated parking spots for people, it's always just kind of worked out that people had their "spots" that they park in each day (this is excluding massive parking decks).  It is a big deal if you just grabbed the first parking spot that you saw? No. Does it mean that you think that you're higher on the totem pole than you are? No. Is it kind of petty for people to be kind of annoyed that you took the closest parking spot? Absolutely. Do petty, non-important things oftentimes cause people to be annoyed with you in the workplace? Yes! 

• Love 3

I noticed the audition picture of TK, that she was hideously thin, and drawn.   I bet she did some ridiculous crash diet, and unfortunately, with a lifelong yo-yo dieter, the weight comes back very quickly.      

Miranda's hair did need help, with layers, and maybe shorter (I'm beauty makeover challenged, so I'm just guessing), because it just sat there when she danced.   Maybe it has some kind of heavy weight product to keep it from frizzing in the Dallas heat and humidity.      However, the way Kelli, and Kitty told Miranda was just mean.    I think Kelli is being meaner to the candidates because she's frustrated she can't tell VK the truth without her BFF TK going nuts.    Since TK has totally cut Kelli off since the night that will live in infamy (I can't wait, and wish we could get a pay per view of the real discussions, and cut), I'm guessing Kelli knew what would happen.      

Dayton made lemonade out of lemons, but I'm sure VK is just moping around, and blaming everyone on her issues.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

What would your thinking be if you were a rookie not on show group at this point? They’ve got what 6 cuts to make. My thinking would be that the show group rookies are in and Rachel is in. I would assume Brennan is in as well as it’s her 3rd time. 

Wouldnt you start being really scared? 

• Love 3

Of course I don’t know the details behind the scenes, but if TK is not speaking to Kelli because her daughter could not keep her weight down, lied to her potential boss and did not make the team, then TK is not a friend and good riddance!   To expect your friend to put her job and reputation in jeopardy so your daughter can make a cheerleading squad?  Give me a break!!!!  Kelli’s reputation has already been hurt but at the end of the day, she is the Director of the DCC.  She has to make tough calls.  Instead of being mad at Kelli, you should hold your daughter accountable for her own actions as to why she didn’t make the team.  If you got all pissed at me because I would not lower the standards enough to put your not-ready daughter on my team, then I don’t need you in MY life.  Maybe, just maybe, the rift came when Kelli told her her daughter needed to grow up.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, FLAfan said:

Does anyone think TK and VK are angling for a reality show on CMT?

Why would Kelli allow Tina to have any opinions or feedback on DCC?

That is taking friendship way, way too far.

She is giving her and Kitty way too much say on the decisions.

And what is up with Judy being mute? Kelli keeps turning to her and Judy is

not biting. Given the VK craziness she’s probably thinking “you made this mess

now YOU take care of it.” ?

Nobody can make someone create a show. The big wigs will notice and come to you. Tina hasn't even had an interview about her daughter nor has Shelly except for a few seconds on the first day.

8 hours ago, HarlowB said:

I'm kind of disappointed.  Here in Australia we got an episode labelled as #8 "here comes Kitty" and it references that Kitty comes to auditions and the dancers are choreographed by Travis Wall but we don't see Kitty at all.   We also don't see KeShara falling, Victoria being spoken to about her weight or Dayton being sent home.    Does anyone perchance have a link they might be able to PM me to help e out with this episode?

I noticed they cut out a lot of scenes AFTER I bought the episode Amazon so they obviously have the ability to edit post release.....but WHY would you want to see Kitty? 

• Love 1

Just an odd thing I noticed. The after buzz tv recap show does a recap after every episode, which I watched only the first two. I checked to watch the one for the latest episode and it was removed for violating YouTube policy. But all the other episodes seem to still be there. I tried to take a creep shot, but for some reason I can’t.

34 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Of course I don’t know the details behind the scenes, but if TK is not speaking to Kelli because her daughter could not keep her weight down, lied to her potential boss and did not make the team, then TK is not a friend and good riddance!   To expect your friend to put her job and reputation in jeopardy so your daughter can make a cheerleading squad?  Give me a break!!!!  Kelli’s reputation has already been hurt but at the end of the day, she is the Director of the DCC.  She has to make tough calls.  Instead of being mad at Kelli, you should hold your daughter accountable for her own actions as to why she didn’t make the team.  If you got all pissed at me because I would not lower the standards enough to put your not-ready daughter on my team, then I don’t need you in MY life.  Maybe, just maybe, the rift came when Kelli told her her daughter needed to grow up.

Why would Tina not speak to Kelli if Victoria is trying out next year? At the least she should keep her onside for next year. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Just an odd thing I noticed. The after buzz tv recap show does a recap after every episode, which I watched only the first two. I checked to watch the one for the latest episode and it was removed for violating YouTube policy. But all the other episodes seem to still be there. I tried to take a creep shot, but for some reason I can’t.

Why would Tina not speak to Kelli if Victoria is trying out next year? At the least she should keep her onside for next year. 

Good point!

4 hours ago, MTTFan said:

You are forgetting Kelsey - of "50 yard" fame.

I didn’t  forget Kelsey. She had to try out 3 times because of her interview even though she’s gorgeous. I feel that not knowing #metoo was something she can’t ever overcome.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Montana99 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what’s the over-under on Victoria actually trying out again next year?  

How about the over-under on any of the vets coming back, especially those who are engaged? After the other night, I say we're seeing Miranda's last season, at least. No way a vet should be that close to a breakdown, & I'll warrant no other training camp has had such a toxic atmosphere. Gee, wonder why?

• Love 8
14 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Im aware our brains continue to develop along with our reasoning and logic and I never said you were being literal. my point was that for me she''s acting like a 12 year old child not an 18 year old adult, one closer to the end of adolesence (24ish) than the start. I also said there was a difference between being immature and being childish. I find VK's behaviour that of a spoiled child not an immature 18 year old.

I agree, and can't stand the way VK behaves. No joke, she reminds me of this receptionist at an office I worked at. This girl was 23 or so and acted 12. She bought one of those cheap plastic little girls princess crown and wand sets and set it up on her desk. Then she made a name plate that said "princess Lori" and put that out too, and started insisting that everyone call her "Princess Lori" and she signed all her emails that way too. Her mannerisms and the way she spoke were just like VK. Ugh, I hated her and I think I hate VK because she reminds me of her. I've never hated a TCC before. There have been ones I like and the rest I'm indifferent. This is the first year I've wanted to see someone specific cut.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, ShellyB said:

It’s comic relief in my day...and there’s no point in disputing some of the stuff, because some are just stuck in their own thoughts. VK didn’t rat on Madeline, and as far as I know, Tina told me that she is not watching the show. Can’t speak for Victoria.

???? Some of the stuff posted on here sounds right out of Lifetime movie!!!! 

If I were Tina, I wouldn’t watch it either.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

???? Some of the stuff posted on here sounds right out of Lifetime movie!!!! 

If I were Tina, I wouldn’t watch it either.

Which is a little ironic because a few posters have said they do not want to watch because of Victoria.

The drama from the last two years in DCC Land reminds me of my husband's experience with three young women he had the displeasure of working with who made his job unbearable, and we came close to filling a complaint and consulting a lawyer because of unproven and nasty rumors they were saying about him.

I have to admit I cannot stay away from the train wreck known as Season 12 and Season 13. They need to change the title of the show from DCC:MTT to As the DCC World Turns.

38 minutes ago, allirish47 said:

How about the over-under on any of the vets coming back, especially those who are engaged? After the other night, I say we're seeing Miranda's last season, at least. No way a vet should be that close to a breakdown, & I'll warrant no other training camp has had such a toxic atmosphere. Gee, wonder why?

Two vets have told me that they will retire if VK comes back. To quote one of them, “It’s just not worth the drama.”

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Two vets have told me that they will retire if VK comes back. To quote one of them, “It’s just not worth the drama.”

Can you tell me which two !! If uuu don’t feel comfortable saying it here you can private message me 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, rose711 said:

Especially women who's day job is to wear less than a yard of fabric in front of tens of thousands of  fans, many of whom are drinking, many of whom are male (not that women cant also make inappropriate comments or behvaviours but in my own personal experience, its been men) that might become vulgar/lecherous and/or physically inappropriate. I can 100% see a reporter asking about coping with that sort of situation esp in light of today's political climate and #metoo.  How a young woman doesn't know what it is boggles the mind

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

That’s really immature and frankly, stupid of them to base a decision like that on how they don’t get along w/ one girl who is likely at least 3 years younger than them on a squad of 36.   Learning to deal w/ people you don’t like is part of being an adult - sounds like VK isn’t the only one in this year’s TC w/ some growing up to do.  

Not to mention how these girls are trashing their organization and it’s leadership to outsiders who post the details on the internet.   Whoever these two are, they sound immature and petty and the DCC are probably better off w/o them on the squad. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 17
Just now, CaseyRe said:

she didn't make the team that year, partially because of the interview. she had to come back

I know. :) my point went to never say never when it comes to whether or people will make it based on previous clueless answers.  People can rehabilitate themselves.  Kelsey certainly did.

• Love 3