Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - I don’t think there was any “blocking” of Erica’s cut scene.  I thought they just chose not to show it cause they already had enough drama with the vets for one season.

If this was true, why would Erica be running around saying she left due to her injury and not she was cut due to breaking a rule during the trip to Canton. If they were willing to show the drama with Jenna and Holly, they would be willing to show Erica being cut.

3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Maybe Jinelle just lost the coin toss :)

This time you owe me a new keyboard. ??????

Edited by jlc
Too many mes. Lol
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Again I disagree with this.  What does Jinelle - a 32 year old woman who came over from a foreign country when she was 26-27 know about “reining in and professionalizing/taming/maturing” an 18 year old American teen who grew up in Dallas.  I get that she’s very ladylike, sweet and professional, but she is about as far away from VK’s type of background as you can get.   VK needs someone who is from her demographic but is an little older to help her w/ this stuff - Kelli herself is probably best, but if she feels too close to it and wants a vet there’s got to be someone much more appropriate than Jinelle. 

Okay...If she could have gotten the "appropriate" help then why did she not do it. She could have told Jinelle I feel better going to a nutritionist and/or personal trainer besides talking with you please. Jinelle probably would have been willing to help her if she ask.

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If this was true, why would Erica be running around saying she left due to her injury and not she was cut due to breaking a rule during the trip to Canton. If they were willing to show the drama with Jenna and Holly, they would be willing to show Erica being cut.

It might have just been too much to the point where it would have been ridiculous.   Three superstar vets in one season all in trouble for acting out - it would have looked more like a systemic problem versus a few rebels.   I can see why they would chose to keep the Erica thing on the down low after watching how the rest of the season played out.

I don’t know the timing, but it also could have been they they chose not to show it when her lawsuit came down cause the attorneys felt it could do more harm than good.   Do we know the timing of when she was cut, when the show aired, and when she filed her lawsuit?  I just don’t remember reading that Erica herself “blocked” anything form airing about her cut - I really got the impression that it was a DCC/CMT decision not to show it.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

It might have just been too much to the point where it would have been ridiculous.   Three superstar vets in one season all in trouble for acting out - it would have looked more like a systemic problem versus a few rebels.   I can see why they would chose to keep the Erica thing on the down low after watching how the rest of the season played out.

I don’t know the timing, but it also could have been they they chose not to show it when her lawsuit came down cause the attorneys felt it could do more harm than good.   Do we know the timing of when she was cut, when the show aired, and when she filed her lawsuit?  I just don’t remember reading that Erica herself “blocked” anything form airing about her cut - I really got the impression that it was a DCC/CMT decision not to show it.

I want to say almost a year???  But I can see Erica taking advantage of the fact her cut wasn't shown.  There are a lot of people who watch the show or follow the girls on social media, but don't read message boards or hear about what goes on behind the scenes.  They will believe what they see and that's it cause they don't know any different.  It would be easy for her to perpetuate a lie.  Like Kalyssa and her fans believing she finished out the year.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe she was not at the meeting where they were deciding who had to work with Victoria, and she was "drafted" for missing the meeting.

Is Jinelle getting paid for that kind of “work” or no? 

And @bigskygirl, where you at?  Fellow Montanan here!  I’ve been reading this forum forever but finally decided to post.  

2 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Kitty is a verbally abusive misogynist. She might as well wear a white wife-beater and carry a cold beer.

Oh for sure - but am I the only one who would tune into a Kitty Carter spinoff? 

• Love 4

So I am really liking Ashlee and Cianna now that I got to know a little bit about them in this week's episode.  I feel bad for Kristin, as I know they were going to cut her in this episode.  But I do think it was genuine when she said that she didn't know what to fix, she was confused, as for the "wow factor."  I feel like it is only right for her to ask what she can do to fix the issue that Kelli and Judy are seeing, even if it wasn't for the remainder for training camp.  If she came back next year, I think it is only fair for Kelli to explain to her how to fix it.  I thought it was very rude of Kelli to talk to her in that way.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kristin does not reaudition.

What gets me is why aren't these rookies getting together with a vet in the beginning of TC, and doing everything possible to make the team, such as recording themselves and getting feedback from the vet?  I know if I was in TC I would certainly be doing so.

• Love 10

This is off topic, but I thought it was funny. I was watching the season 8 episode last night and My husband walked in and sat down during Vivians cameo shoot. Kitty and Kelli were discussing how hopelessly bad she supposedly looked in the uniform and how fat she is. My husband says "what the f*** are they talking about? She is hot" I told him they always do that crap, they think anyone not anorexic is too fat. He watched another minute and then said "whatever, that girl is fkn hot" lol

• Love 21
2 hours ago, EssieMay said:

I’d like to see how she looks with it flat ironed and shiny straight, maybe even try out some pin in bangs to see it it’s a good look. Brunettes can look spectacular with a curtain of healthy high gloss hair and I’m not sure anybody on the team is rocking that look. All those layers or extensions or whatever just look a little dry and tired.

I was thinking the same style!  

2 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

OMG I love this movie. And I see the parallels. ("It's God's way of telling us to buy American.")

I think years of everyone kissing Kitty's butt has gone to her head. There is a point where blunt honesty is sassy, and then you cross that fine line to bitch and bully. There are lots of ways to be blunt without being deliberately hurtful. And it's just damn selfish to say things that could damage these girls self esteem for years just because of who you are and because you can. Yes, they sign themselves up for this. But how about you be a mentor and build them up instead of an asshole who tears them down to look "sassy". 

Regarding V.K., I really don't want to beat up on the poor girl anymore. A lot has been said I agree with, but she is a kid, with feelings. A real person who has yet to evolve into an adult. But, when I am told to work with someone by my boss, no matter how pointless I think it is. I suck it up, and do it.

eh, because of who she thinks she is and because she thinks she can. and if it hurts them, then they need to toughen up...ugh, nope. met too many women like her over the years and they're the worst.

VK is 18 not 12. she's not a child. she's been coddled and pampered and now she's having to borderline face consequences for her behaviour and she's not liking it and blaming others like Jinelle. if I did that at 18 I'd have been flat out murdered.  at 18 to be so childish is unattractive. and yes, im cold hearted, but i think it of any 18 year old, not just VK. she's more than just immature and young, she's childish - throwing herself over the table and draping herself around and making ott facial expressions in the office 'ohhhh you're disappointed in meeeee' was just eyerolling.. you can be young and mess around, but when its your job you knuckle down and you do what your boss wants, whether its DCC or a full time office job or a waitressing gig on the weekends. you're an employee. there are standards of behaviour.  DCC are suppsoed to be poised and composed and until VK or any other TCC can demonstrate that, they've no business on the squad, I don't care how long their legs are

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I get this, and I don't disagree. But, I feel like the only person in the country who doesn't watch shows where people are treated badly and who does not consider belittling someone entertainment. I think Kitty lost the s in her sass somewhere and I don't think it's useful to her ability to coach these girls at all. I would be the first to admit I don't know the dance world and that you would know this is possibly necessary to get through in that environment. I am a TV viewer who thinks treating other people like shit is not entertaining. And I feel really alone in that based on what sells on the networks and online. I need my wubby now. And a box of wine. And a straw.

I think also, Kitty used to actually give some sort of performative critique alongside her digs, something the girls coulld actually use to improve, not just 'you're pretty but that's not enough'.  what a great note Kitty, I'll be sure to tighten my turns or point my toes more or watch my turn out or whatever the hell might actually make me look better. now all she sseems to come out with is the digs with very little in the way of aactual notes that a girl can use to improve herself. that's the differene for me and it's been slow over the years of just more and more bitchiness from her with less and less useful help. even when my skating coach was calling me everything under the sun and driving me almost to tears, she'd at least tell me that if I put my foot down on landing again she'd kick me in the shin until i couldn't bear weight on the leg anymore and then I wouldn't touch it down.  that at least told me that the main issue was the double footed landing (which yeah, i already knew, but I knew that the most egreious thing i was doing was the double footed, that the take off and air time was fine or the threat would have been different, it was the landing I was screwing up).  I'm very aware dance coaches can be mentally, emotionally and physically abusive, but generally there's also constructive criticism in there too and with Kitty thats increasingly rare

4 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I'm new to the board, so please forgive me if I am 100% off base in asking this question... Why does it matter whether or not Jinelle is the most qualified person to help Victoria? I've seen dozens of posts about Jinelle not being a nutritionist, never having been overweight, coming from Australia and not understanding American youth. I don't know enough to argue whether or not any of that is true, but I'm still confused on why it is relevant. It seems to me that an 18-year-old girl is interviewing for a job and it's her responsibility to meet the job requirements, including weight and maturity. Woman up & slim down, or else find another job.

to most of us its utterly irrelevant. she was a tool provided by an overly indulgent Director and VK threw her away because 'she's never had a weight issue' aka the stupidest reason possible.

• Love 7

VK is really fortunate that she has people that will support her choices even when they appear to be the wrong ones.

It's not everyone who will support someone throwing a gift back at the giver, justify being annoyed at the person because the person who had been DIRECTED to offer help "hadn't ever had a weight problem" or wasn't from Texas, and/or then justify a lie to a potential employer when THEY set up a doctor's appointment.

Its a wonder then that people are taken aback when the world is shown a self indulged spoiled child - the result of not being called out on these mistakes.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 7

It reminds me of that hilarious movie "Drop Dead Gorgeous" -- Kirstie Alley plays this awful pageant mom to an untalented daughter.  At the end, the daughter gets killed in this ridiculous parade accident, and Kirstie's character is screaming at her dead body "Get up, baby -- we have to go to State!!!!"  

OMG I love this movie. And I see the parallels. ("It's God's way of telling us to buy American.")

I mentioned somewhere that Mama Kalina reminds me of the old pageant winner selling pork products.

21 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I'm new to the board, so please forgive me if I am 100% off base in asking this question... Why does it matter whether or not Jinelle is the most qualified person to help Victoria? I've seen dozens of posts about Jinelle not being a nutritionist, never having been overweight, coming from Australia and not understanding American youth. I don't know enough to argue whether or not any of that is true, but I'm still confused on why it is relevant. It seems to me that an 18-year-old girl is interviewing for a job and it's her responsibility to meet the job requirements, including weight and maturity. Woman up & slim down, or else find another job.

Thank you, new poster!!!  I agree!  Welcome @SanDiegoGal!!!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Tell him she also writes poetry:)

oh gooooooooooood lord that poem....so earnestly read, like she was at an open mic night.  I suffer terrible second hand embarrassment and I was dying on the inside. I can practically feel myself shrivelling up and dying. I had to actually pause it and walk off the embarassment a couple times

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

VK is really fortunate that she has people that will support her choices even when they appear to be the wrong ones.

It's not everyone who will support someone throwing a gift back at the giver, justify being annoyed at the person because the person who had been DIRECTED to offer help "hadn't ever had a weight problem" or wasn't from Texas, and/or then justify a lie to a potential employer when THEY set up a doctor's appointment.

Its a wonder then that people are taken aback when the world is shown a self indulged spoiled child - the result of not being called out on these mistakes.

Because Lord knows nobody outside the USA is overweight and no other country has junk food and no other country has cultures that revolve around food...good lord VK, come up with better excuses. my last trainer was from New Zealand. i didn't discount his excellent advice just because he's never ssuffered a traumatic spinal injury and never been overweight and never had surgery he's had to recover from and *gasp* is a Kiwi.  he's also male. does that mean he can't advise female clients on their diet because he doesn't get the same hormonal food cravings?  he helped set me on the right course to get my life right. Sure, I took some of his advice with a grain of salt (low sodium of course *sorry couldn't resist*) and adapted it to what fit me and the healthy foods I liked best - just like exercise, you have to find the foods you like that are healthy, there's as little point saying you'll only ever eat dressing-free tuna salads the rest of your life if you loathe tuna as there is to saying you'll run 5 miles a day if you hate running. it'll just never happen - but his advice, coming at a time when I was so ready to make a change but was floundering a little with where to start because it seemed so monumental a mountain to climb, was just fantastic.  Jinelle could have been a boon for VK, both from a longterm health perspective and a maturity one, but she threw that gift away like a child having a tantrum. 

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

inelle could have been a boon for VK, both from a longterm health perspective and a maturity one, but she threw that gift away like a child having a tantrum. 

My point exactly  (among others :)

• Love 4

There are four episodes left I think, and there are seven cuts to go, so it's going to be a bloodbath.      However, I think some of them could easily have been cut quite a while ago.     One of those cuts I'm really going to enjoy, and I bet everyone can guess which one. 

I enjoyed the Throwback episodes last night, it was fun seeing Vivian's first training camp, and the Chelsea fatties comments.  

• Love 5

Poor Jinelle. It’s impossible to mentor someone who already has all the answers. 

Company I used to work for deliberately encouraged mentoring pairs where the two were dissimilar thinking you’ll learn more from somebody with different experiences. If you want empathy or sympathy go see your momma or hire a therapist. 

I feel a wee wee bit sorry for VK. Somebody has sold her a bill of goods on her own merits. Not her fault but she’s in for a rough road. DCC isn’t even remotely the real world Buttercup. You’ve seen nothing yet.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

eh, because of who she thinks she is and because she thinks she can. and if it hurts them, then they need to toughen up...ugh, nope. met too many women like her over the years and they're the worst.

VK is 18 not 12. she's not a child. she's been coddled and pampered and now she's having to borderline face consequences for her behaviour and she's not liking it and blaming others like Jinelle. if I did that at 18 I'd have been flat out murdered.  at 18 to be so childish is unattractive. and yes, im cold hearted, but i think it of any 18 year old, not just VK. she's more than just immature and young, she's childish - throwing herself over the table and draping herself around and making ott facial expressions in the office 'ohhhh you're disappointed in meeeee' was just eyerolling.. you can be young and mess around, but when its your job you knuckle down and you do what your boss wants, whether its DCC or a full time office job or a waitressing gig on the weekends. you're an employee. there are standards of behaviour.  DCC are suppsoed to be poised and composed and until VK or any other TCC can demonstrate that, they've no business on the squad, I don't care how long their legs are

I am aware she is 18 and not 12. I wasn't being literal. Most sheltered 18 years olds might be legally adult, but they are children emotionally. I do not think that means they deserve any special treatment or exceptions from the rules. I do think that (for myself) I do not want to add any further to judgement being cast against her since I can sympathize with how awful it can be to be an emotionally immature adult who attempted to do something grown up and failed spectacularly. That was how I learned most things, the spectacularly embarassing hard way.   If she chooses to place herself in a situation requiring maturity and she is unable to reach that, I don't think she deserves a pass. But, I also think I can show some compassion when someone fails, even if it was their own damn fault. (I also made the point that if it's your job, DO IT. )

The ages of adolescence now extends into the early 20's. . I am not good at explaining it, because I am not good with words (I think others here are better). So, in that sense, she is not physically done with her brain development. Again, I am not using this to suggest she deserves special treatment, just that she, like most 18 years olds is in some ways, still a child in her reasoning. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but could someone be having a temper tantrum cause they are struggling to become a DCC while their best friend just got an exciting job with a cruise ship.  The timing would be about right.

Hmmm... Good point.

19 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

I am aware she is 18 and not 12. I wasn't being literal. Most sheltered 18 years olds might be legally adult, but they are children emotionally. I do not think that means they deserve any special treatment or exceptions from the rules. I do think that (for myself) I do not want to add any further to judgement being cast against her since I can sympathize with how awful it can be to be an emotionally immature adult who attempted to do something grown up and failed spectacularly. That was how I learned most things, the spectacularly embarassing hard way.   If she chooses to place herself in a situation requiring maturity and she is unable to reach that, I don't think she deserves a pass. But, I also think I can show some compassion when someone fails, even if it was their own damn fault. (I also made the point that if it's your job, DO IT. )

The ages of adolescence now extends into the early 20's. . I am not good at explaining it, because I am not good with words (I think others here are better). So, in that sense, she is not physically done with her brain development. Again, I am not using this to suggest she deserves special treatment, just that she, like most 18 years olds is in some ways, still a child in her reasoning. 

Im aware our brains continue to develop along with our reasoning and logic and I never said you were being literal. my point was that for me she''s acting like a 12 year old child not an 18 year old adult, one closer to the end of adolesence (24ish) than the start. I also said there was a difference between being immature and being childish. I find VK's behaviour that of a spoiled child not an immature 18 year old.

• Love 2

Regardless of whether or not Jinelle was trained to handle Bratty Vicky, the reality is, the DCC organization was under no obligation to provide her with any help at all. They could have, and should have, just cut her and told her to come back next year. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I watched the ending on iTunes and they have the vk jinelle kelli deal 

I'm always curious as to different cuts going to different providers and why. same with tv shows. I'll watch a show in the US and then again in the UK and there'll be scenes that are ever so slightly different, and its not even obvious things like sex or nudity or violence, just random lines cut out or added in that don't really necessarily add much to a plot but its just bizarre how those are the lines that got cut but not others.

I was definitely curious to see if anything was majorly different between tv broadcast and itunes/amazon episode

• Love 2
10 hours ago, go4luca said:

No, it was a gift most girls would never have been offered.  Most would have been cut for breach of not maintaining their audition weight.   

I remember KaShara's rookie TC where Kelli told her she needed to lose weight and she just went and did without anyone's help.  In a talking head, KaShara said she hadn't weighed that little since junior high.

9 hours ago, Jessinvirginia said:

Oh please me too!!! I’m embarrassed by how distracted I’ve been today without my fix!

I actually feel very guilty that it's been sitting in my DVR for 24 hours and I haven't watched it yet :(

• Love 4
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

If Amy R. in Season 5 was able to prevent her cut scene from being shown, and Erica was able to prevent her cut scene from being shown last year, I think TK may be pulling some stuff to make it look like Victoria is a victim instead of the person who caused her cut in the first place.

I wonder if all it would take is the mention of the word "lawyer" to get CMT to now show a girl in a bad light?

2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Because Lord knows nobody outside the USA is overweight and no other country has junk food and no other country has cultures that revolve around food...good lord VK, come up with better excuses. my last trainer was from New Zealand. i didn't discount his excellent advice just because he's never ssuffered a traumatic spinal injury and never been overweight and never had surgery he's had to recover from and *gasp* is a Kiwi.  he's also male. does that mean he can't advise female clients on their diet because he doesn't get the same hormonal food cravings?  he helped set me on the right course to get my life right. Sure, I took some of his advice with a grain of salt (low sodium of course *sorry couldn't resist*) and adapted it to what fit me and the healthy foods I liked best - just like exercise, you have to find the foods you like that are healthy, there's as little point saying you'll only ever eat dressing-free tuna salads the rest of your life if you loathe tuna as there is to saying you'll run 5 miles a day if you hate running. it'll just never happen - but his advice, coming at a time when I was so ready to make a change but was floundering a little with where to start because it seemed so monumental a mountain to climb, was just fantastic.  Jinelle could have been a boon for VK, both from a longterm health perspective and a maturity one, but she threw that gift away like a child having a tantrum. 

I spent 4 weeks in Australia for work once - as a population they are signicantly thinner than the US population.   From what I saw, no, they as a country do not suffer w/ weight issues like Americans.   We are also very fat compared to most of Europe as well. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Okay...If she could have gotten the "appropriate" help then why did she not do it. She could have told Jinelle I feel better going to a nutritionist and/or personal trainer besides talking with you please. Jinelle probably would have been willing to help her if she ask.

We don’t know that she didn’t.    She looked a little thinner in that footage of her meeting w/ Jinelle - perhaps she got some of the weight off on her own or by working with others and the meeting was just about her and Jinelle not getting along?, not even her weight.  

• Love 1

Does anyone think TK and VK are angling for a reality show on CMT?

Why would Kelli allow Tina to have any opinions or feedback on DCC?

That is taking friendship way, way too far.

She is giving her and Kitty way too much say on the decisions.

And what is up with Judy being mute? Kelli keeps turning to her and Judy is

not biting. Given the VK craziness she’s probably thinking “you made this mess

now YOU take care of it.” ?

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I spent 4 weeks in Australia for work once - as a population they are signicantly thinner than the US population.   From what I saw, no, they as a country do not suffer w/ weight issues like Americans.   We are also very fat compared to most of Europe as well. 

I didn't say to the same proportions as th States, but there re overweight people everywhere around the globe. weight struggles are not the purview of americans. just because Jinelle is Australian doesn't mean she has no experience with weight struggles. would she have made the same complaint if Jinelle were Canadian or British? weight struggles are universal, if not to quite the epidemic proportions of the US, but then nobody is claiming VK to be a part of an obesity issue, simply large for DCC

1 minute ago, FLAfan said:

Does anyone think TK and VK are angling for a reality show on CMT?

Why would Kelli allow Tina to have any opinions or feedback on DCC?

That is taking friendship way, way too far.

She is giving her and Kitty way too much say on the decisions.

And what is up with Judy being mute? Kelli keeps turning to her and Judy is

not biting. Given the VK craziness she’s probably thinking “you made this mess

now YOU take care of it.” ?

Keeping up with the Kalina's or Real Trainwrecks of Dallas

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

We don’t know that she didn’t.    She looked a little thinner in that footage of her meeting w/ Jinelle - perhaps she got some of the weight off on her own or by working with others and the meeting was just about her and Jinelle not getting along?, not even her weight.  

Jinelle was trying to sit up meetings with Victoria, but Victoria was not returning her phone calls or trying to meet with Jinelle either. If she was going to a nutritionist or a personal trainer, she would have told Jinelle instead of avoiding her. She would not have how do you know what it is like to have a weight issue or whatever she said in the preview for next week's show. Plus the fact she lied to Kelli when she said she went to the doctor after Kelli set up the appointment in the first place. Sorry, but it looks like Victoria is putting the blame on everyone else but herself. She had people who were willing to help her out and wants to lash out at people because she is not getting what she wants or thinks she deserves.