Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I am on vacation so I will have to wait to chime in on the episode when I get home, but my opinion is that from what people have shared on here, Jinelle is a great resource on how to eat healthy for the demands of being a DCC so she seems like a great resource to VK who obviously struggles with her food choices. It would be one thing if Jinelle ate whatever the heck she wanted and still was so skinny but from all accounts she leads a very healthy lifestyle and could give advice on how to food prep and what/how much food to eat. Victoria obviously needs the help and she just does not want to get it or maybe she doesn’t want to face that she has these issues. She better not get away with treating Jinelle badly. Honestly I kind of wish VK would have started this crap with someone like Sarah Gorley or Jenn K who would have no issues smacking her back down to size, I am afraid Jinelle is too nice to really call her out like she deserves - but I hope Jinelle and Kelli deal with VK. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

WTF iTunes?????????? UGH. I can’t concentrate on work until I view the train wreck that is episode 9. @Holly85 would you mind, please, sending me the link, please, too? Please?! (I just don't trust that they aren’t messing with the aired episode before putting up for download).   

Sent 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jlc said:

Oh, if only that were true. Having seen the type of person VK is, we know she is going to come back next season, and Kelli will put her on the team, because VK is an entitled, spoiled little rich kid, and Kelli has already promised it to her! Kelli's treatment of the vets and the other TCC's shows exactly what is happening. She is going to put her on the team next year! She would have done it this year, but VK blew it!  

Maybe. The fact that Tina and Kelli no longer talk gives me hope that Kelli has opened her eyes and won't be making the same mistakes next year. Or Char fires her---I'm down for that choice too. 

2 hours ago, jlc said:

I wonder if Madeline will be a one year only vet?

I hope not.

1 hour ago, Pebbles116 said:

That media day with Taylor T is hands down what is going to get her cut.

Yup. You can't know current events and not know what #metoo is. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I used to peer tutor math in college, and yes...I did hear comments like that quite a bit when tutoring.  Things like “you’re lucky you just understand this stuff, I can’t, etc”.   And it’s actually less relevant/personal when you are talking about someone’s weight versus math ability.

And there’s a difference between a peer/mentoring situation, which Jinelle is, versus a licensed nutritionist - which Jinelle is not.   One is just helping someone from what they know from their own life experience, and the other has had formal training on the subject and is a certified professional.

Sending Jinelle to work with someone w/ weight struggles is like sending Lacey to work with someone with kick/flexiblilty struggles - it was just a bad choice all around by K&J.  Yeah, VK could have handled it better and/or hid that she was upset more effectively (she is only 18, and 18 year olds don’t always hide their emotions well), but her being annoyed doesn’t surprise me.

And finally, besides for the girls spying her getting two milkshakes after TC (assuming that’s true), we have no idea why VK gained weight.  Two milkshakes don’t have 40K calories.

No, it was a gift most girls would never have been offered.  Most would have been cut for breach of not maintaining their audition weight.   Jinelle was an excellent choice in that she has years of understanding the pressures of being a TCC and a DCC.  I'm sure she has watched other girls struggle, girls who she was close to so 100% understands how challenging it has been for her fellow teammates.  Plus she has years of healthy eating habits to impart.  I see Jinelle as someone who can commiserate with the struggle more than someone who hasn't been through the process and personally witness all it entails.  Looks to me like VK spat in her face and wasn't even marginally grateful for the opportunity.  

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Maybe. The fact that Tina and Kelli no longer talk gives me hope that Kelli has opened her eyes and won't be making the same mistakes next year. Or Char fires her---I'm down for that choice too. 

I hope not.

Yup. You can't know current events and not know what #metoo is. 

The only problem with firing Kelli is that I don't think there is anyone ready to jump in and take her spot.  When was the last time they had an assistant director?

3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

They are definitely editing this episode. Spectrum doesn't have it either and my recording of it on my DVR was deleted. 

I watched it on YouTube last night and I will watch it on Amazon when it shows up to compare.  I think CMT is just slower this year to send it or however they do it.

17 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Umm...I can't believe how someone can't see how toxic ratting on teammates would be?

After what happened with Olivia and Cassie, I think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte can be a little too blind to toxic ratting out others. Kelli likes girls who are willing to rat out others to save their DCC bacon. You would think after what happened last year with Jenna/Holly/Erica would have taught them something, but it obviously did not.

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

The only problem with firing Kelli is that I don't think there is anyone ready to jump in and take her spot.  When was the last time they had an assistant director?

I have a feeling they could find someone, whether within or from the outside. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, soapmaniac22 said:

WOOF THE PREVIEW EXCHANGE BTW JINELLE AND VICTORIA.

yes, Jinelle May have never had a weight problem- but she sure as heck knows what it takes to be a DCC and if she’s offering ANY HELP- you better take it. Especially if her entire summer is going to revolve around you losing weight. VK wasting the DCCs time

13 hours ago, Lunacat said:

I can’t believe the tone of voice VK used to Jinelle, I cannot wait until next week. I will be gleefully watching. 

What VK is too young or stubborn to recognize is that she is just a TCC. Replaceable. Easier to get rid of than to keep you. Momma/Daddy can't help you here.

Jinelle is a retired 5 (or was it 6) year vet. Steller person in terms of character. Still on the DCC payroll.  Hell, one phone call from K&J, she will be on the field Sunday afternoon.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Kelly looks indecisive and wishing washy.  

Kelli also looks bad with how easily she is swayed by other people's opinions.  Kitty comments on Tara, Miranda and Madeline, last week, and Kelli jumps all over all three of them.  But Kitty says "show some respect" to VK, and she backs right off.

YES! Her hair looked awesome in the talking head, but she is looking like her medication needs to be reworked!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, sATL said:

What VK is too young or stubborn to recognize is that she is just a TCC. Replaceable. Easier to get rid of than to keep you. Momma/Daddy can't help you here.

Jinelle is a retired 5 (or was it 6) year vet. Steller person in terms of character. Still on the DCC payroll.  Hell, one phone call from K&J, she will be on the field Sunday afternoon.

LIterally nobody but another DCC is going to know what its like to try to maintain the required DCC size, with the sort of schedule the girls keep, under the pressure they are under, with the sort of physical demands.  The majority of those women are never going to have had weight problems.  I'd rather have advice from a someone who'd been in the exact same position as me and made it work for 5 years and clearly didn't just gain weight the moment she retired, who lives a healthy lifestyle not a DCC starvation diet, than someone who'd struggled with weight but never danced or never been on a pro squad of any kind or athletic background at all.  I don't get the anti-Jinelle helping her out thing AT ALL.  Jinelle is sweet, smart, kind, compassionate and knows a LOT about how to live a healthy lifestyle. we don't know her family. we don't know if members of her family have a weight issue and that's why she makes sure to stay healthy. maybe she was raised to be healthy in which case she's got years of knowledge to impart, within the context of being a DCC.  way more useful for me than someone that'd had weight issues but no idea what the demands  placed of a DCC's body, both physically and by the organisation, are.

1 minute ago, jlc said:

YES! Her hair looked awesome in the talking head, but she is looking like her medication needs to be reworked!

One minute in the ep, Kelli is all 'I don't always agree with Kitty' and then the next she's practically worshipping at the altar or useless statements like 'being pretty isn't enough'.  I genuinely don't think she trusts her gut anymore, perhaps after last yer, and she's rattled.  she''s lost her nerve and now just takes advice from everyone around her without putting it through a filter first.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Umm...I can't believe how someone can't see how toxic ratting on teammates would be?

In fairness, if you read the rest of the sentence (that was not bolded), the poster is calling into question the very proposition that VK ratted out Madeline in the first place, not suggesting that it’s ok.

I agree that’s it’s toxic to rat out teammates though. I’m not sure Kelli agrees with that though.

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

After what happened with Olivia and Cassie, I think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte can be a little too blind to toxic ratting out others. Kelli likes girls who are willing to rat out others to save their DCC bacon. You would think after what happened last year with Jenna/Holly/Erica would have taught them something, but it obviously did not.

There's managers/supervisors in the workplace who love staff that rat other staff out. We had one where I work. Thank god she transferred to another part of the hospital and we don't have to deal with her anymore.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

In fairness, if you read the rest of the sentence (that was not bolded), the poster is calling into question the very proposition that VK ratted out Madeline in the first place, not suggesting that it’s ok.

I agree that’s it’s toxic to rat out teammates though. I’m not sure Kelli agrees with that though.

Completely get what you're saying but the OP did say: "So she ratted on Madeline the very first night of TC for changing her locker" and that is what I was responding to.  It read to me like "so what if she did?".  I detest ratting for personal gain and that is how I interpreted the statement.  If I misunderstood, then my bad.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

There's managers/supervisors in the workplace who love staff that rat other staff out. We had one where I work. Thank god she transferred to another part of the hospital and we don't have to deal with her anymore.

Oh, I worked with someone who also loved to rat out other employees while she was kissing up to the manager of the department and what really sucked was that the manager LOVED this!  She seemed to thrive on getting dirt on others, especially her own staff members and she had the girl to do it for her! Only thing I can say about people like that is what goes around, comes around and the fallout from that is not pleasant.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Completely get what you're saying but the OP did say: "So she ratted on Madeline the very first night of TC for changing her locker" and that is what I was responding to.  It read to me like "so what if she did?".  I detest ratting for personal gain and that is how I interpreted the statement.  If I misunderstood, then my bad.

Yeah, but the rest of the sentence was “even though Kelli specifically said in the interview the she, Kelli, noticed it right after she did it?” I read that as “how can VK rat Madeline out for something that Kelli herself noticed when it happened?” I may be reading it wrong though lol. To be clear though, I can buy that VK did tell on Madeline, and I can also buy that Kelli specifically ellicited information from VK about the other TCCs. Some supervisors always make it a habit to have little “spies” in each department who give them information on everyone else. I could see that with Kelli honestly.

• Love 1

I wonder if Kelli and Charlotte were starting to feel the pressure because was it in July when the Erica lawsuit came a calling, the toxic situation last year with Erica/Holly/Jenna, fans and viewers and fans starting to put what is really going on with Victoria together, and dealing with Victoria and Tina. I cannot imagine how stressful it was for the vets and TC Candidates. I would have found a way to get cut and get out of DCC Land fast because it would not be worth all of the crap to be a DCC.

Edited by bigskygirl

In the clip with VK and Jinelle, VK is looking really pretty. I can't figure out the difference. Her face looks slimmer? Did she lose some of the weight? Change  her makeup? This pic isn't the best because I had to reduce the resolution so much but I can still a slimness there I think?

5bae630361bf2_ScreenShot2018-09-28at1_12_14PM.thumb.jpg.3efb7b2e04157097d3dba8540999bcba.jpg

Also, Don't get me wrong, Kelli is a gorgeous woman and always looks great. But her dresses are sometimes too tight and the one next week is too low cut. I don't understand why she doesn't dress more comfortably for Texas outside weather on a football field. She always seems so out of place -- you know she's got layers of Spanx under there. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Today is my 70th birthday and the picture here was taken a couple months ago and has not been filtered.  I’ll go up against TK any day.  Secret is good genes, great skincare, and plenty of sunblock.

81D14E23-D0CB-437C-AA84-071BF45CFC8A.jpeg

happy birthday!  You look amazing!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

In the clip with VK and Jinelle, VK is looking really pretty. I can't figure out the difference. Her face looks slimmer? Did she lose some of the weight? Change  her makeup? This pic isn't the best because I had to reduce the resolution so much but I can still a slimness there I think?

5bae630361bf2_ScreenShot2018-09-28at1_12_14PM.thumb.jpg.3efb7b2e04157097d3dba8540999bcba.jpg

Also, Don't get me wrong, Kelli is a gorgeous woman and always looks great. But her dresses are sometimes too tight and the one next week is too low cut. I don't understand why she doesn't dress more comfortably for Texas outside weather on a football field. She always seems so out of place -- you know she's got layers of Spanx under there. 

I cannot imagine how hot she is when they're outside when she's wearing spanx. because of the spinal damage by walking is messed up and im more prone to shin splints and so I wear compression sleeves on my calves. they're unbearably  hot in summer, and when I have to wear compression socks over the top....oh so hot

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, KatherineB said:

Oh, I worked with someone who also loved to rat out other employees while she was kissing up to the manager of the department and what really sucked was that the manager LOVED this!  She seemed to thrive on getting dirt on others, especially her own staff members and she had the girl to do it for her! Only thing I can say about people like that is what goes around, comes around and the fallout from that is not pleasant.

I worked with one as well. General Manager thrived on having employees gossip and trash talk other employees. She'd even issue write ups based on what she was told by her little elves. GM was a hot mess and eventually left, but not before jobs and mental health were badly harmed. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, but the rest of the sentence was “even though Kelli specifically said in the interview the she, Kelli, noticed it right after she did it?” I read that as “how can VK rat Madeline out for something that Kelli herself noticed when it happened?” I may be reading it wrong though lol. To be clear though, I can buy that VK did tell on Madeline, and I can also buy that Kelli specifically ellicited information from VK about the other TCCs. Some supervisors always make it a habit to have little “spies” in each department who give them information on everyone else. I could see that with Kelli honestly.

I guess we both interpret this differently and that's okay.  No worries.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the scene with VK and Jinelle will be edited so that it looks like she's  being sweet/complementary to Jinnelle, that the crying is just her talking about how very hard it is, that the "we think you're not ready" is not directed at her meaning (*double checks to make sure this is the spoiler thread*) they don't show her cut early or out of order, and she comes out smelling like a rose (at least to TPTB).

• Love 2

Dang, the make up on VK ages her.  She looks well over 19 and not in a good way. Someone show them how to do a young fresh look.  

Also watched Season 8, wonder where that Kitty has gone. She was calling people out for weight. She was not nice to Danielle. 

Jinelle was a cutie even back then. The Hair guy said she was adorable.

• Love 3

The thing that VK doesn't seem to grasp is that sometimes you just have to do what your boss tells you to do, period. Especially here, because she is still interviewing for the job. The boss wants you to lose weight and has assigned another employee to assist you. It doesn't matter that you don't think what that employee advises will work, YOU DO IT ANYWAY. If you don't do it, and you don't lose weight, the boss will automatically say "well you refused to do what we told you"and then you are screwed. You look like you refuse to be a team player,insubordination etc, If you do exactly what Jinelle tells you and it does not work, at least you can then say "I did exactly as I was told and it didn't work, now what? I am sure its immaturity and entitlement that keeps her from seeing this.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

I cannot imagine how hot she is when they're outside when she's wearing spanx. because of the spinal damage by walking is messed up and im more prone to shin splints and so I wear compression sleeves on my calves. they're unbearably  hot in summer, and when I have to wear compression socks over the top....oh so hot

I thought she was dressed a little "warm" for Texas in what July - is 5 weeks in to camp? I saw her hair move with the breeze to at first I was thinking maybe it was overcast, or just after a rain. I know she wants to look professional all of the time, but it was making me warm just looking at her  . I thought in years past she had a looser fitting strapless maxi dress  for when they go outside. or maybe that was Judy...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ElenaFR said:

Dang, the make up on VK ages her.  She looks well over 19 and not in a good way. Someone show them how to do a young fresh look.  

Also watched Season 8, wonder where that Kitty has gone. She was calling people out for weight. She was not nice to Danielle. 

They're allll so aged by the makeup. I think a few always manage to still look fresh even with full coverage foundation (Jinelle, Lauren, Dayton to name a few), clearly they know their application and how to use damn setting spray to quell the cake face, but the sheer amount of makeup they wear is just sooooo aging. half the itme it looks an inch thick and Im always shocked when someone says 'oh so and so is only 22' and Im like 'damnnnnn they look straight up 30 just because of the makeup. if I wore that much makeup at 18 my dad would hav murdered me

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

I thought she was dressed a little "warm" for Texas in what July - is 5 weeks in to camp? I saw her hair move with the breeze to at first I was thinking maybe it was overcast, or just after a rain. I know she wants to look professional all of the time, but it was making me warm just looking at her  . I thought in years past she had a looser fitting strapless maxi dress  for when they go outside. or maybe that was Judy...

Definitely Kelli too. Judy tends towards kinda loose flow-y blouses from what I recall when out on the field, somwething light that will allow a breeze, and generally Kelli will have a looser maxi dress. often spaghetti straps and wedge sandals(I notice shoes, its a problem!!!) so she's got her feet exposed to some air (a really fast way to cool down is to remove shoes/socks so that'll help keep her cool alongisde the dress, but this year, given it would have been super end of July beginning of august, I was surprised to see her outside for do long in something like she was wearing. i'd have been sweating buckets and uncomfortable as hell

• Love 1

I think Victoria is pretty. IMO she looks better with more natural, toned down makeup. I feel like the heavy makeup ages her. 

I wonder if Shelly or Judy could move into Kelli's position. I actually think Shelly would be good. She's a DCC alum and she is already employed by DCC, so it would just be moving into a different role. I liked her in the brief segments we saw where she was helping Dayton. She looks like she would be a very hands on director who could strike a good balance of constructive criticism and approachability.

• Love 3
Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

I wanted to know what Dayton used as foundation last week cause her freckles came through and she just looked so fresh and pretty

she looked to have pretty good skin so probably erred toward a medium, or full-light coverage foundation which gave her a flawless finish but kept the super cute freckles

9 minutes ago, beagledog100 said:

Was there some fall out with Sydney Durso and Madeline Molloy? 

I was shocked when Sydney left to be on the Mavericks dance team.  That was weird.  But, I've tried to find something on this, but does anyone know what happened between K&J and Mackenzi Swicegood?  Seems like I remember there was a lot of bad blood following that.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the scene with VK and Jinelle will be edited so that it looks like she's  being sweet/complementary to Jinnelle, that the crying is just her talking about how very hard it is, that the "we think you're not ready" is not directed at her meaning (*double checks to make sure this is the spoiler thread*) they don't show her cut early or out of order, and she comes out smelling like a rose (at least to TPTB).

Victoria was probably called out for not working with Jinelle at all. Yes, I know Jinelle may not understand the weight gain going on, but at least she was willing to work with her in the first place. Plus the fact Jinelle may not have wanted to work with Victoria in the first place either (works both ways Victoria.) If she did not feel Jinelle could help her then she could have went to Jay or one of the nutritionist at The Star to help her out. The ball was in her court, and she just left the ball sitting there.

8 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

In the case of Danielle, I can see why Miss Kitty called her out. She was brought back to TC after the judges voted no she did not deserve to come back. Kelli and Charlotte decided to reverse the judges' decisions, and Kelli told her to bust her behind getting back in shape. I bet dollars to donuts she was running around with Chesley on the weekends partying and not working out. I often wonder if Charlotte wanted to cut her, but Kelli was able to convince her to keep Danielle on the team.

I didn't initially bring this up but man, it has been bugging me ever since. 

VK's reaction when Kelli brought up (in a fairly gentle manner by Kelli standards) her 11lb weight gain will forever bother me.  The way VK said "um hmm" and this reaction came off kind of snotty to me.  Did anyone else get this feeling?  I'm sure it wasn't fun to hear but I doubt most girls would have responded in this manner.  Guess this is due to her familiarity with Kelli.  *shrug*

VK snotty face.jpg

• Love 3
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

VK's reaction when Kelli brought up (in a fairly gentle manner by Kelli standards) her 11lb weight gain will forever bother me.  The way VK said "um hmm" and this reaction came off kind of snotty to me.  Did anyone else get this feeling?  I'm sure it wasn't fun to hear but I doubt most girls would have responded in this manner.  Guess this is due to her familiarity with Kelli.  *shrug*

VK snotty face.jpg

I thought she seemed completely caught off guard. Like she was thinking "shit, this isn't what we rehearsed!"

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

VK snotty face.jpg

to me it felt like she thought it was utterly inconsequential because she totally had a spot ont he team and so why was Kelli even bringing up something so trivial. like 'yeah, but so what ?"

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I see it as more, Kelli noticed it but didn't think much of it until VK blew it up as a big deal. 

39 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I'm in the minority who thinks she looks beautiful all the time. It's not her face that's ugly, it's her personality and some people take it to the extreme and make fun of her appearance

I absolutely hate Victoria, but I fully accept that she is very 80's glam. I think Vicky is a gorgeous girl who fits the DCC mold of appearance, it's everything else and her weight that is the issue. 

28 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

I think Victoria is pretty. IMO she looks better with more natural, toned down makeup. I feel like the heavy makeup ages her. 

I wonder if Shelly or Judy could move into Kelli's position. I actually think Shelly would be good. She's a DCC alum and she is already employed by DCC, so it would just be moving into a different role. I liked her in the brief segments we saw where she was helping Dayton. She looks like she would be a very hands on director who could strike a good balance of constructive criticism and approachability.

Shelly is a choroegrapher, I'd think she'd replace Judy over Kelli. 

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I'm in the minority who thinks she looks beautiful all the time. It's not her face that's ugly, it's her personality and some people take it to the extreme and make fun of her appearance

I love her eye makeup in that photo. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

What makes you think so? 

They are heavily featured on Instagram together. Did something happen?

This was posted in the S13.E09 Field of Fears thread (sorry, i don't know how to quote a post from another thread):

Sydney has been one of my favorite DCCs always. Her rookie year was the first season I watched, and she was just the cutest little thing and I couldn't help rooting for her from the start of training camp. So, I had been eyeballing the Sydney-Madeline breakup for a while with the basic thought that, Sydney is my girl, and I bet she gave M so much support and advice after she got cut, so I'm all about, what did Madeline do? She seemed quite immature last year, and as I've noted before, she also seems (to me, anyway) rather sheltered and privileged, so just because she looks and dancers a bit older this year doesn't mean that she's miraculously grown up. 

I should have asked in that thread, but this thread seems to know all the good info :)

Edited by beagledog100
  • Love 2

I am over this show, but this forum is my everything!

I would like to see the DCC be a little more up to date. You don't have to make extreme changes to make them a little more, I dunno NOW. (sorry head cold, words not my friend). I just feel the team could be a little more dynamic and pow. They seem weighed down in their own history.  For example, tweak the uniform, update the choreography, have a more realistic body image for your team...lots of options. You can't remain "World Class" resting on your legacy. 

Also, I would drive to Dallas just to have drinks with Shelly and Judy. LOVE THEM!

• Love 5