Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

That’s really immature and frankly, stupid of them to base a decision like that on how they don’t get along w/ one girl who is likely at least 3 years younger than them on a squad of 36.   Learning to deal w/ people you don’t like is part of being an adult - sounds like VK isn’t the only one in this year’s TC w/ some growing up to do.  

Not to mention how these girls are trashing their organization and it’s leadership to outsiders who post the details on the internet.   

It goes well beyond “not getting along with” -  she made their lives hell, her and Tina both. I understand their decision. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I think it depends on the atmosphere tbh. yes, there's 36 so oyu could avoid her herself, but if she helps to make a more toxic atmosphere, constantly ratting out teammates, getting special treatment, acting like a child...for a few hundred bucks a week and dancing in a glorified bikini...I'd think about quitting too. a toxic work environment can be killer and given its a side job essentially, I'd think about leaving

Precisely. Everyone has their breaking point, and life is too short . . .

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

That’s really immature and frankly, stupid of them to base a decision like that on how they don’t get along w/ one girl who is likely at least 3 years younger than them on a squad of 36.   Learning to deal w/ people you don’t like is part of being an adult - sounds like VK isn’t the only one in this year’s TC w/ some growing up to do.  

Not to mention how these girls are trashing their organization and it’s leadership to outsiders who post the details on the internet.   Whoever these two are, they sound immature and petty and the DCC are probably better off w/o them on the squad. 

And Victoria needs to learn how to be an adult especially when she lashes out at Jinelle because Jinelle was not telling her how special she is. Plus the fact she was running around telling others she had a spot on the team and rubbing it in their faces. And if we were talking about leadership, lets not forget the fact Victoria lied to Kelli when she said she went to the doctor when in fact she did not. That to me is saying disrespect to the leadership. And if one girl is making other girls' lives miserable then they have the right to speak their minds and not want to try out again. Victoria stir up trouble, and she needs to learn her actions will affect others. It is a two way street.

I like Madeline and I honestly question if she was toxic as one says in the locker room. She seems to have a lot of rookie friends and friends from being there last year. Poor Kristen just looks miserable. She should have just left then. Kelly gets to call her in next week, tell her how horrible she is and cut her. The last two episodes have just seemed incredibly mean. Miranda's crumpled face hearing about Kitty's comment broke my heart. The only chuckle I got was Rachel's scowl. The show needs a break from Kitty and Victoria needs to be told to not to try out for a couple of years. She needs maturing. I can see her gossiping about people to anyone that would listen. She seems the type. 

• Love 15
Just now, CaseyRe said:

I think it depends on the atmosphere tbh. yes, there's 36 so oyu could avoid her herself, but if she helps to make a more toxic atmosphere, constantly ratting out teammates, getting special treatment, acting like a child...for a few hundred bucks a week and dancing in a glorified bikini...I'd think about quitting too. a toxic work environment can be killer and given its a side job essentially, I'd think about leaving

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And Victoria needs to learn how to be an adult especially when she lashes out at Jinelle because Jinelle was not telling her how special she is. Plus the fact she was running around telling others she had a spot on the team and rubbing it in their faces. And if we were talking about leadership, lets not forget the fact Victoria lied to Kelli when she said she went to the doctor when in fact she did not. That to me is saying disrespect to the leadership. And if one girl is making other girls' lives miserable then they have the right to speak their minds and not want to try out again. Victoria stir up trouble, and she needs to learn her actions will affect others. It is a two way street.

But how does any of this stuff affect the other girls - so what if she’s saying she has a spot on the team and not going to doctor appointments - focus on yourself and being the best teammate/dancer you can be, don’t obsess over others and what they are doing.   Don’t give her stuff to “rat” about if she’s rating.   Focusing on yourself and not others is maturity 101 - these are lessons usually learned/taught in middle school.  20-somethings not being able to deal w/  something like this to the point that they’d actually leave a team that they worked so hard to make shows that they either don’t like or appreciate being on the team all the much, or that they are just as immature and petty as they think VK is.   What are they gonna do?, go to Kelli right after TC is announced and VK makes it in and say, “it’s her or me???”.  Smh.

• Love 3
Just now, MyFavShows said:

But how does any of this stuff affect the other girls - so what if she’s saying she has a spot on the team and not going to doctor appointments - focus on yourself and being the best teammate/dancer you can be, don’t obsess over others and what they are doing.   Don’t give her stuff to “rat” about if she’s rating.   Focusing on yourself and not others is maturity 101 - these are lessons usually learned/taught in middle school.  20-somethings not being able to deal w/  something like this to the point that they’d actually leave a team that they worked so hard to make shows that they either don’t like or appreciate being on the team all the much, or that they are just as immature and petty as they think VK is.   What are they gonna do?, go to Kelli right after TC is announced and VK makes it in and say, “it’s her or me???”.  Smh.

So now it is the girls' fault if she ratted on them. Seriously!!! Like I said it reminds me of what happened with my husband. Three young girls around the same age of Victoria were saying some nasty things about him because they were jealous of the fact he was liked by other staff members and a few of the clients in the group home like him more and wanted to be around him more than the three young girls. I guess it is my husband's fault since he was a team player and was *gasp* actually doing his job well and a couple of the clients like him because he treated them with respect and kindness. How dare he!

Just because someone is being toxic, getting away with things which would have caused other girls to be cut, acting like she is the top dog because of Auntie Kelli and knew Auntie Kelli like people who will willing to rat her out. No one, repeat no one, have the right to go behind your back and tell on you in order to save face because she is not being a team player, putting on weight and knowing what she is doing could lead her to being cut.

37 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Can you tell me which two !! If uuu don’t feel comfortable saying it here you can private message me 

Can you private message me too? :)

27 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

It goes well beyond “not getting along with” -  she made their lives hell, her and Tina both. I understand their decision. 

I think MyFavShows is a HUGE fan of Victoria's.

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Two vets have told me that they will retire if VK comes back. To quote one of them, “It’s just not worth the drama.”

I received a lot of "nah, this wouldn't happen" when I posted my thoughts about this a few weeks ago.  If a job requires this many hours and  personal time sacrifice for low pay and a toxic teammate removes the joy & fun, then I would strongly reconsider returning.  Toxic means unhealthy and often just not worth it.

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I became a parriah. i started eating lunch in my car. I wept on the way to work. toxic work environments are hellish and in the end I left. all because one person decided to make up a story to make them look good and me look bad.

I am so sorry you had to go through this.  I know it happens, but that doesn't make it right.  Self centered people can be so cruel.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I dont know if you've ever worked somewhere like that, but I have. locker rooms and buses are a small space and rumours and stories travel fast. seeing one person get away with murder while you have to behave like MOther Teresa is galling.  haing someone strut around as though they're untouchable becomes annoying. I left a job when people went from simply ratting out others to making up rumours and lies. I was accused of having an affair with a married man (I was 19 and utterly uninterested and he was in his 50s and veery happily married) because we ate lunch at our desks together one day and chatted about sci-fi shows for 40 minutes.  that got back to our boss and to my mother who worked in another department in another building ten miles away. I was pulled into a meetin gwith my boss about appropriate workplace behaviour. I became a parriah. i started eating lunch in my car. I wept on the way to work. toxic work environments are hellish and in the end I left. all because one person decided to make up a story to make them look good and me look bad.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I had one group home manager tell me not to hit on one of the younger male co-workers, and another manager telling a male client not to molest me. If someone from the main office would have heard either statements, I would have been called in and a very serious discussion would have happened with the fact I could have lost my job.

I can understand why some of the girls may want to leave if Victoria did make the team or tried out again especially if the rumor another vet was going to be cut in order for Victoria to have a spot. Look at what poor Miranda went through when they were discussing her hair and doing it on the field instead of having a private meeting in the office. I also could only imagine what it must have been like for the girls when Cassie was on the team especially since Judy got Olivia S. cut for standing her ground when Cassie was complaining about the rookie girls having more time in front of the camera during the calendar shoot.

There's a bonus clip on CMT called "watch and learn" that shows Madeline, VK, Rachel and Lilly (I think) dancing for a longer period of time in the mentor session. To my untrained eye VK looks pretty good! Rachel looks small. Madeline needs better facials and Lilly is doing some steps wrong.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Montana99 said:

If it’s that easy why doesn’t everyone with an “uncomfortable” cut just claim they have a lawyer?  I can’t imagine word hasn’t gotten around to other TCCs.  

I probably misspoke (miswrote??) but I think it would take more than just mentioning a lawyer.  It would probably take a letter from a lawyer threatening to sue for whatever they sue for (??) to keep CMT from showing something that shows a TCC in a bad light.  That would cost, around D.C. at least, five or six hundred dollars.  So if a girl or her family can't or don't want to pay they probably just shrug it off.

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I noticed the audition picture of TK, that she was hideously thin, and drawn.   I bet she did some ridiculous crash diet, and unfortunately, with a lifelong yo-yo dieter, the weight comes back very quickly.       

Do you have access to that picture or is it shown on the show?  I would love to see it.  

4 hours ago, rose711 said:

the night of the fat cheerleaders

I LOVE THIS!!!! It sounds like an 80's Wes Craven movie!  "She wants your heart.  She wants your body.  She wants your Dove Bars.  No man is safe during the Night of the Fat Cheerleaders".

• Love 7
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

I am so sorry you had to go through this.  I know it happens, but that doesn't make it right.  Self centered people can be so cruel.

It wasn't much fun, especially as a very shy, introverted person.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I had one group home manager tell me not to hit on one of the younger male co-workers, and another manager telling a male client not to molest me. If someone from the main office would have heard either statements, I would have been called in and a very serious discussion would have happened with the fact I could have lost my job.

I can understand why some of the girls may want to leave if Victoria did make the team or tried out again especially if the rumor another vet was going to be cut in order for Victoria to have a spot. Look at what poor Miranda went through when they were discussing her hair and doing it on the field instead of having a private meeting in the office. I also could only imagine what it must have been like for the girls when Cassie was on the team especially since Judy got Olivia S. cut for standing her ground when Cassie was complaining about the rookie girls having more time in front of the camera during the calendar shoot.

Jeez...that sounds awful.

• Love 1

But how does any of this stuff affect the other girls - so what if she’s saying she has a spot on the team and not going to doctor appointments - focus on yourself and being the best teammate/dancer you can be, don’t obsess over others and what they are doing. 

I can only offer my opinion -- it's all fine and good to say that people should just keep their head down and do their job but I would have to wonder "why?"  You are there putting yourself out on the line and working your ass off only to see some brainless, self-indulged spoiled pudgy twit tell you she has a guaranteed spot -- as a human being you would have to wonder "why bother" especially after seeing that brat who fell during auditions make it to camp after other girls were cut that outdanced her. 

This whole VK, Kelly, CMT, Charlotte has caused this season to reek and I am with others who question whether or not they will watch the next season.  It has also colored my opinion of Kelli and Judy and the organization as a whole.

If I were VK, I would have kept my mouth shut -- what was to be gained but to puff yourself up to the detriment of others and cements the opinion that people have that you are a mean girl.  This is should be about DCC not "Heathers." and VK trashing Jinelle, Kelli and in turn, the organization shows just what a spoiled brat she is/was.

I understand that people who are friends or relatives of VK who post on this board feel differently -- but they should take a good hard look at the some of the opinions expressed on this board, anonymous or not, there is validity to some of them. and the continued justification of her behavior (and/or her moms) will only keep her from realizing her mistakes -- If I were her, knowing what happened this season, I would think you would have to be pretty ballsy to try out next year knowing that people she trashed this year and who made the team, will be there next year.

Its unfortunate that people will always find a way to justify or excuse the behavior or place blame on others.

People who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 23
On 9/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if Kelli and Charlotte were starting to feel the pressure because was it in July when the Erica lawsuit came a calling, the toxic situation last year with Erica/Holly/Jenna, fans and viewers and fans starting to put what is really going on with Victoria together, and dealing with Victoria and Tina. I cannot imagine how stressful it was for the vets and TC Candidates. I would have found a way to get cut and get out of DCC Land fast because it would not be worth all of the crap to be a DCC.

What was the Erica lawsuit about?

35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

So now it is the girls' fault if she ratted on them. Seriously!!! Like I said it reminds me of what happened with my husband. Three young girls around the same age of Victoria were saying some nasty things about him because they were jealous of the fact he was liked by other staff members and a few of the clients in the group home like him more and wanted to be around him more than the three young girls. I guess it is my husband's fault since he was a team player and was *gasp* actually doing his job well and a couple of the clients like him because he treated them with respect and kindness. How dare he!

Just because someone is being toxic, getting away with things which would have caused other girls to be cut, acting like she is the top dog because of Auntie Kelli and knew Auntie Kelli like people who will willing to rat her out. No one, repeat no one, have the right to go behind your back and tell on you in order to save face because she is not being a team player, putting on weight and knowing what she is doing could lead her to being cut.

In a professional environment, Victoria’s issues are not their business though - they are not her boss and need to focus on themselves.  I’ve worked w/ people who obsess about what others are getting away with more than their own job, and most the time they are way more toxic than the stuff the person is getting away with, and usually end up either quitting or getting let go even though they themselves felt they were “perfect”.

There was one in particular who was always mad at another person, a good performer/employee, who got away with being 15 minutes late to work multiple times a week - the complainer obsessed over this persons lateness to the point they were writing down the times they arrived and keeping a record (this was not a boss, just a regular staff employee who had no authority over this other person at all!) - of course the complainer was never late to work, ever, and kept coming in early and bragging about it everyone how early they were, also talking about the late person behind their back and how late they were every day to anyone that would listen.  It was VERY annoying and so toxic, cause again, the late person was one of the best employees in the group and everyone knew it.  

Eventually, the late person received a promotion to a higher job grade - cause again, they did a great job and were very productive when at work and it was a professional environment we’re what time someone comes in really isn’t a key part to success in the job.  Well the complainer person freaked out causing a scene over that person getting the promotion and was eventually put on probation themselves for freaking out (they sent an email cc’ing some inappropriate people about the other person’s promotion).  The complainer quit the company w/in a month after being put probation and went on to other companies where they last maybe two years at each stint.

These girls who want to quit if VK comes back sound a lot like this complainer person to me. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

There's a bonus clip on CMT called "watch and learn" that shows Madeline, VK, Rachel and Lilly (I think) dancing for a longer period of time in the mentor session. To my untrained eye VK looks pretty good! Rachel looks small. Madeline needs better facials and Lilly is doing some steps wrong.

All I could see was Victoria's' stomach hanging over her shorts while she was dancing.  Did you see at the end how Victoria kissed up to Gina.  

• Love 3
Just now, CaseyRe said:

It wasn't much fun, especially as a very shy, introverted person.

Jeez...that sounds awful.

I do not work there any more due to back and neck problems leading the doctor to say do not go back there because you would end up with more serious injuries. It is mild to what my husband has been through at the hands of a few of co-workers. I personally think Tina, Kelli, Miss Kitty and CMT have done Victoria wrong by letting her get away with too much for too long. She needs to learn there not always be an Auntie Kelli to save your bacon.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Which is a little ironic because a few posters have said they do not want to watch because of Victoria.

The drama from the last two years in DCC Land reminds me of my husband's experience with three young women he had the displeasure of working with who made his job unbearable, and we came close to filling a complaint and consulting a lawyer because of unproven and nasty rumors they were saying about him.

I have to admit I cannot stay away from the train wreck known as Season 12 and Season 13. They need to change the title of the show from DCC:MTT to As the DCC World Turns.

DCC Survivor or DCC Big Sister.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

All I could see was Victoria's' stomach hanging over her shorts while she was dancing.  Did you see at the end how Victoria kissed up to Gina.  

Wow.  VK's stomach jiggle was very visible and not pretty.  Not trying to be mean, just real.  A very visible size difference from VK and the others.

VK body comparison V2.jpg

• Love 15

I am a department supervisor at the hospital I work at and can tell you how much the toxic/immature/privileged attitude of one person can affect the group as a whole. People are less motivated to be there, morale is low, and simply put, it sucks.

That does not by any means signify that the rest of my employees are also immature or need to grow up. It's a hard job as it is, no need to have one person's crap attitude make it worse.

I'm just not having it. I have an entire team to look out for, not just one individual. I don't need any VKs on my staff. Bye!

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

In a professional environment, Victoria’s issues are not their business though - they are not her boss and need to focus on themselves.  I’ve worked w/ people who obsess about what others are getting away with more than their own job, and most the time they are way more toxic than the stuff the person is getting away with, and usually end up either quitting or getting let go even though they themselves felt they were “perfect”.

There was one in particular who was always mad at another person, a good performer/employee, who got away with being 15 minutes late to work multiple times a week - the complainer obsessed over this persons lateness to the point they were writing down the times they arrived and keeping a record (this was not a boss, just a regular staff employee who had no authority over this other person at all!) - of course the complainer was never late to work, ever, and kept coming in early and bragging about it everyone how early they were, also talking about the late person behind their back and how late they were every day to anyone that would listen.  It was VERY annoying and so toxic, cause again, the late person was one of the best employees in the group and everyone knew it.  

Eventually, the late person received a promotion to a higher job grade - cause again, they did a great job and were very productive when at work and it was a professional environment we’re what time someone comes in really isn’t a key part to success in the job.  Well the complainer person freaked out causing a scene over that person getting the promotion and was eventually put on probation themselves for freaking out (they sent an email cc’ing some inappropriate people about the other person’s promotion).  The complainer quit the company w/in a month after being put probation and went on to other companies where they last maybe two years at each stint.

These girls sound a lot like this complainer person to me. 

If Victoria's actions is affecting the morale and team spirit, then I say yes they have a right to say something about it. Just like how I describe what happened to my husband. He was not the only victim of the three girls' nastiness, and in fact one staff member could have taken legal recourse for what they did. They have a high turnover rate because no one wants to be around the three girls. My husband was transferred to another group home because of these three girls and the idiot management who did nothing about it. Sounds a little too close to home does it not.

And here is my own Victoria type related story:

I was working in retail where there was one person who was the store manager's favorite. She was not popular with some of her other co-workers (myself included,) and not popular with the customers either because of her rotten attitude. One day a mother came in with her daughter and was being checked out by my fellow unpopular co-worker. The customer's daughter was standing near the fans we had upfront due to the heat and was touching the fan, and guess who yelled at the girl to stop it. Here is a little clue-it was not the mother. The mother got upset and told my co-worker not to yell at her daughter and came to my checkout lane. She ask me if I would let someone know what happened, and she would not be coming back to shop here again and was going to tell her friends and family not to come here to shop either. She also thank me for being polite and did not blame me for what happened. When I went on break, I found one of the assistant store managers and told him what had happened. He had me tell the personnel manager what had happened, and they called in my co-worker for a chat. A few days later I was started to be treated like a second rate citizens by my fellow cashiers and was told I was not doing my job right. About a week later, I was called in for my yearly review, and the store manager ask me about having a "problem" with my one co-worker. Once again, I was made to be the heavy in the whole thing. The ironic thing was after I left work I had an interview for another job. A week later I got the phone call asking me when I could start. I went in the next day to work on my day off and told them I was going to start my new job next week and tomorrow was going to be my last day. They were disappointed I was leaving and ask me to take a few of the people they wish they could get rid of (and yes my one fellow co-worker was on the list.) Sorry for the long story, but my point is playing favorites and letting your favorites *cough Victoria cough* was a bad mistake because it can lead to toxic working environment, and in the case where I was working at, lost business/revenue and low morale and being stuck with Victoria types who will only bring you down instead of up.

Edited by bigskygirl
25 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

VK’s dancing does look really good in that clip - she definitely has the style down and your eye goes right to her - her smile really shines from far away and her hair looks great.    If she can lose that extra weight she’ll be a superstar on the team cause everything else is there.   I’m sure people don’t want to admit that though.

• Love 8

Moving away from VK, is the girl who didn’t know what the #MeToo movement is the Taylor who was cut? Seriously, I give people a break for stupid answers on many occasions, but this time.....I think that might be the dumbest response in the history of this show. The #MeToo Movement has touched every part of American culture - sports, politics, news, television, Hollywood, etc. You have to have been living under a rock to not be familiar with the movement.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Moving away from VK, is the girl who didn’t know what the #MeToo movement is the Taylor who was cut? Seriously, I give people a break for stupid answers on many occasions, but this time.....I think that might be the dumbest response in the history of this show. The #MeToo Movement has touched every part of American culture - sports, politics, news, television, Hollywood, etc. You have to have been living under a rock to not be familiar with the movement.

or in a dance studio :)

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Montana99 said:
13 hours ago, PBSLover said:

That is what Amy did. And whatever was said, her cut was not included in the show.

If it’s that easy why doesn’t everyone with an “uncomfortable” cut just claim they have a lawyer?  I can’t imagine word hasn’t gotten around to other TCCs.  

I would be very surprised if the TCCs (and probably everyone else who appears on the show) haven't signed some sort of waiver of  legal claims against CMT arising out of their appearance on
the show.  These types of waivers are very common, and make it difficult to sue.

*legal sidebar.  This is just some musing by me.  It is not legal advice and in no way substitutes for a consultation with a lawyer*

However, agreeing to a waiver does not make it impossible to sue in extenuating circumstances--if a court finds the person or company covered by the waiver was so incredibly or "grossly" negligent that no reasonable person could have imagined it when signing the waiver, it will throw out the waiver and let a lawsuit proceed.  For example, when you buy a lift ticket at a ski resort, the fine print on the back will say something along the lines that by buying and using this ticket, you waive your right to sue the owner of the ski resort.  So someone who is skiing and happens to fall and break their leg can't sue.  That person might have some possible legal arguments--the snow coverage was thin and the ski resort should have made more snow or closed off the trail!----but a court is extremely unlikely to find that kind of claim overrides the waiver.  But say the ski resort is doing construction and forgets to close a trail impacted by the construction, and in fact lists the trail as "open" on a sign by the ski lifts, and someone skis down it and falls in a big hole from the construction project and gets injured.  Or say the ski resort has a mountain-top lodge that serves delicious hot chocolate, but the power goes out in that lodge, so the ski resort decides to make big vats of hot chocolate in the lodge at the bottom of the mountain, and transport them up to the top using the ski lift, which is definitely not designed for hot chocolate transportation, so one of the vats tips over and spills out, scalding an unfortunate skier below.    These two people--in particular the hot chocolate victim--would likely be able to sue, because the court would throw out the waiver in those circumstances.  Being scalded by boiling hot chocolate raining down from a ski lift is definitely not the kind of accident one would reasonably anticipate when waiving claims against a ski resort, nor is getting hurt skiing down a trail that suddenly turns into an open construction site.

So--back to reality TV.  A person appearing on a reality TV show has likely signed a waiver that they agree not to sue for defamation of character arising over things appearing on the show, and that they understand the TV show is edited for dramatic effect, and thus what is portrayed on the show will not include all the details and may in fact portray events differently from how they occurred to some degree.  So it would be very hard for someone to sue for defamation arising out of airing a clip of them on the show, even if it's heavily edited.

However, the waiver doesn't cover every lawsuit in all situations.  It can't cover the show straight up lying with absolutely zero basis in reality.  So if they cut someone for bad dancing and didn't show the cut, and then straight up lied on the next show and said "[X person] was cut because she freaked out and screamed at Kelli and trashed her office" that person could sue even if she signed a waiver, because that's just a complete lie and never happened--the waiver doesn't cover CMT actively making up false stories and airing them.

Re: TCC candidates who may have committed crimes--this gets into sticky territory, legally.  Falsely implying that someone committed a crime when they did not, or implying that someone committed a worse crime than the one they were actually convicted of, is very serious in defamation law.  A lawsuit from a TCC saying the show falsely implied she committed a worse crime than she did might be allowed to proceed, despite the TCC having signed a waiver.  Of course, a media organization can't be sued for truthfully reporting that someone was charged with a crime, and/or truthfully reporting that someone was convicted of a crime, but it starts to get into sensitive territory that has to be handled carefully.  I can see CMT's lawyers being entirely unconcerned about most threats to sue, but sitting up and taking notice of a demand letter from a lawyer representing a TCC who got kicked out because she was charged with and/or convicted of a crime, because it's getting into territory where they would actually have to defend the lawsuit, and not rely on it getting thrown out of court because the TCC signed a waiver.  They would probably win a lawsuit, so long as the show was truthful, but defamation suits often have to go to trial and can't be resolved on motion because there are a lot of questions of fact, so they can be expensive.  The cost/benefit analysis of showing a clip about a TCC committing a crime would in many (but not in all) cases lead to legal stepping in and saying "Don't air this."

So basically CMT's lawyers would probably laugh off most threats to sue, but might pay attention to threats of certain types of suits that they think they might lose, or that they think would lead to an expensive and lengthy legal proceeding.

*end  legal sidebar*

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

VK’s dancing does look really good in that clip - she definitely has the style down and your eye goes right to her - her smile really shines from far away and her hair looks great.    If she can lose that extra weight she’ll be a superstar on the team cause everything else is there.   I’m sure people don’t want to admit that though.

Your eye goes right to her for all the wrong reasons.  Sad.  I'm beginning to doubt she will be able to get the weight off and keep it off.  

• Love 12

The picture I referred to is on here, on p. 233, it's the one with TK, VK, Dayton and Shelly at auditions I think.     TK is wearing very tiny pink jeans, and looks super skinny.   

I hope VK isn't starting her mother's routine of yo-yo dieting, and struggling for her entire life with her weight.     The dance world criticisms can lead to  eating disorders, and I hate to see that happen to anyone.   

I personally think keeping people who K & J pretty much know have a very slim chance of making the team, like Malena, and Kristin, around is cruel.   Better to cut them before they spend a lot of extra time and think they might have a chance.    Letting Malena stay in training camp after she said she was quitting her full time job was rotten.     I worry that Kristin's going to fall asleep at the wheel, since she looks very tired, and ready to collapse many nights.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

In the new clip on CMT where Kitty is giving a critique to Cianna, I actually found that Kitty’s words were accurate and probably very helpful and the kind of thing that should come from the Technical Coach.  I know that she is usually portrayed as a bitch, and I did not like her defense of VK’s weight gain, but I like the segments that show her kinder side.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

In the new clip on CMT where Kitty is giving a critique to Cianna, I actually found that Kitty’s words were accurate and probably very helpful and the kind of thing that should come from the Technical Coach.  I know that she is usually portrayed as a bitch, and I did not like her defense of VK’s weight gain, but I like the segments that show her kinder side.

I saw that one too and thought the same thing! It was exactly the kind of feedback you would hope to see, and it was done very instructively.

Also a good check to remember the shows edits may like to show the more dramatic stuff from everyone and not always the duller stuff like explaining tombe vs chasse (though I love to watch that kind of instruction, I could watch technical coaching all day and be entertained :) )

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, caffeinez said:

I would be very surprised if the TCCs (and probably everyone else who appears on the show) haven't signed some sort of waiver of  legal claims against CMT arising out of their appearance on the show.  These types of waivers are very common, and make it difficult to sue.

I have worked production side in most venues of media (commercials, features, music videos, etc.) and all talent is required to sign a waiver of some sort.  For anyone interested, I've attached a link to a basic personal waiver for non union appearances so you can see what most entail.  I'm sure CMT has customized theirs, but not all do.  I recently worked a Disneyland gig and the release forms were surprisingly generic for such a large, control freak corporation. SAG/AFTRA are under their collective bargaining agreements and standard contracts.

https://www.scribd.com/document/21355703/Appearance-Release-1402077-3

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, KatherineB said:

Wow!! I didn't have any idea about why she left, but good for her! I agree with her 100%!!

Bear in mind that that story is not the complete story -- she didn't leave -- she was fired and she filed the lawsuit because she was fired.

Also, the lawsuit has been settled.

I am not terribly sympathetic to her -- She knew what she signing up for when she signed the contract.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Yeah - her feedback was good in that clip.  Actual corrections that dance teachers give as opposed to the usual jabs at their appearance - so Kitty can actually “teach” ;).  Wow.   Lol...

• Love 4

I have worked production side in most venues of media (commercials, features, music videos, etc.) and all talent is required to sign a waiver of some sort.  For anyone interested, I've attached a link to a basic personal waiver for non union appearances so you can see what most entail.  I'm sure CMT has customized theirs, but not all do.  I recently worked a Disneyland gig and the release forms were surprisingly generic for such a large, control freak corporation. SAG/AFTRA are under their collective bargaining agreements and standard contracts.

https://www.scribd.com/document/21355703/Appearance-Release-1402077-3

As an attorney I can tell you that waiver or not, you can always bring a lawsuit.  Whether or not you are successful is a different story.

• Love 9
Just now, MTTFan said:

As an attorney I can tell you that waiver or not, you can always bring a lawsuit.  Whether or not you are successful is a different story.

Oh I wasn't saying you couldn't, I was just sharing a basic waiver for those who are curious.  But I'm sure you're spot on as to whether someone succeeds or not should they choose to bring on a lawsuit.  Let alone have the time and resources to do so.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Bear in mind that that story is not the complete story -- she didn't leave -- she was fired and she filed the lawsuit because she was fired.

I am not terribly sympathetic to her -- She knew what she signing up for when she signed the contract.

I thought the lawsuit was dropped not settled.

4 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

could have been -- but I am thinking that she received money with a gag order in exchange for "dropping" the lawsuit.

I can't find the post from JohnGalt - was it dismissed with prejudice???  I remember having to look it up

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can't find the post from JohnGalt - was it dismissed with prejudice???  I remember having to look it up

if it was dismissed with prejudice it means that she would not be able to re-file the lawsuit -- all the more reason to think she got paid for dropping the lawsuit.

Cowboys didn't want the continued bad publicity as I recall this was right about the same time that other girls (other teams) had filed suits alleging sexual harassment 

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 1

Did @JohnGalt leave the board?  His name no longer pulls up and I had a PM convo with him that has since evaporated.  So sad if he did leave.  Seemed like a stand-up, sane (for this forum) person.

He might have been worried about being found out -- since Shelly is on the board a lot she might have been able to suss out who he was.  :(

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I believe it was dismissed WITH prejudice- meaning she is barred from bringing an action on the same claim. Dismissal with prejudice is a final judgment and the case becomes res judicata (a matter that has been adjudicated by a competent court and may not be pursued further by the same parties) on the claims that were or could have been brought in it.

• Love 1