Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, bitsy123 said:

I think it’s weird for sure, but it’s also weird no one said anything to her right away and cleared it up then rather than wait a number of weeks. A group leader could fix that in about 1 minute then and there.

Seems like Kelli was looking for a fight, not a discussion on a real current problem/solution.

Something is sure off this season with everyone sniping at each other and all the strange teardowns. Miranda bursting into tears because she’s so afraid of what Kitty might be saying to make Kelli dislike her??? Something sure is rotten in the state of Denmark...(or at least at the Highland Park HS football field!!)

She did it the very first night of TC - which is why it is ballsy IMO.  She wouldn’t have even had a GL yet (and GL weren’t even announced).  And if K&J plan the locker layouts, not sure a GL would have even knew she did it on the very first night.

It would be similar to going into the meeting room and them having assigned seats and her changing her seat.  On the first night no one remembers where everything was when it’s brand new.

I can’t believe no one thinks this is odd and I don’t see what it has to do with VK?   So she ratted on Madeline the very first night of TC for changing her locker even though Kelli specifically said in the interview the she, Kelli, noticed it right after she did it?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Top Ten Reasons Victoria's Upcoming Comment Towards Jinelle is JUST PLAIN WRONG!:

10. Victoria is in a job interview, a long job interview, but it's still a job interview. Don't criticize the staff of your desired future employer before you're hired!

9. Victoria doesn't know Jinelle's past. How does she know Jinelle never struggled with weight?

8. Victoria is trying out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Weight management is part of the job. Stop your whining.

7. When your employer (or desired future employer) offers you help, say "Thank you," and shut up. Don't put stipulations on what type of help you want or will accept.

6. Last time I checked, Jinelle wasn't force-feeding hamburgers down Victoria's throat.

5. Victoria gained 11 pounds in training camp alone. One pound = 3500 calories. That means she overate by a grand total of 38,500 calories during training camp alone. You don't need a weight-loss expert to figure out your problem there. 

4. Nobody ever said Victoria could not get additional help. If she wants help from "someone who has struggled with their weight," then find someone and ask for their help.

3. R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Find out what it means to me!

2. Jinelle was on the team for years and a respected member of the team. She probably has something (at least one little itty-bitty thing) worthwhile to share about succeeding with DCC. So, meet up with her and pick her brain.

And the NUMBER ONE reason that Victoria's Upcoming Comment Towards Jinelle is JUST PLAIN WRONG is...

1. If I decided to be a math teacher, then I would never, ever criticize my mentor by saying, "You've never had difficulties with math!" Why? Because I'm choosing to be a freaking math teacher, so I'm gonna buck-up and learn the freaking math. :-)

I used to peer tutor math in college, and yes...I did hear comments like that quite a bit when tutoring.  Things like “you’re lucky you just understand this stuff, I can’t, etc”.   And it’s actually less relevant/personal when you are talking about someone’s weight versus math ability.

And there’s a difference between a peer/mentoring situation, which Jinelle is, versus a licensed nutritionist - which Jinelle is not.   One is just helping someone from what they know from their own life experience, and the other has had formal training on the subject and is a certified professional.

Sending Jinelle to work with someone w/ weight struggles is like sending Lacey to work with someone with kick/flexiblilty struggles - it was just a bad choice all around by K&J.  Yeah, VK could have handled it better and/or hid that she was upset more effectively (she is only 18, and 18 year olds don’t always hide their emotions well), but her being annoyed doesn’t surprise me.

And finally, besides for the girls spying her getting two milkshakes after TC (assuming that’s true), we have no idea why VK gained weight.  Two milkshakes don’t have 40K calories.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Anastasia said:

Can anyone explain why Charlotte and Kitty are so enamored with Victoria? I know Kelli is best friends with her mother, but I can't figure out an explanation for the others to be so over the top with VK. 

I don’t think Charlotte has any big attachment outside of saying she really liked her dancing/performance at tryouts in rebuttal to the weatherman’s criticism.   For all we know that was just her honest opinion as a judge.

Kitty I think has had VK in classes in her studio and likes her from there.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

Sorry, I just don’t buy the veterans speaking out about what rookies discuss, unless it’s dangerous or toxic, and if it was at that level, it would have been handled much more harshly.

I wonder if it’s pure coincidence CMT chose the Season 8 episode with Chelsea vs Kitty, and the veterans who are, on average, 8 pounds heavier (oh, my!) than last year? It’s like they are gleefully showing us the contradictions....

I thought the same thing when I saw the episodes being shown! lol

• Love 6

Hi everyone, my first post, woo hoo! So many of you say exactly what I’m thinking, I’m usually like, “yeah, what she said!”, which doesn’t make for interesting reading ?. Just wanted to say that apparently VK IS capable of not always standing in the front - she’s just packing a knife when she does it ?. No wonder they let her hog the front and center spot so much?

• Love 24
8 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

I just don’t buy the veterans speaking out about what rookies discuss, unless it’s dangerous or toxic, and if it was at that level, it would have been handled much more harshly.

Maybe someone asked a veteran for advice & Madeline took it upon herself to answer.  I can see that as something not really toxic but would tick off a vet.

8 hours ago, PBSLover said:
9 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

From what I was told, Brennan was exhausted one night and made some comment about being worn out and wondering “whether it was all worth it,” and VK turned around and reported to either Kelli or Tina (who then reported to Kelli) that Brennan had lost interest in really being a DCC.

Every TCC has either said or thought it at some point during training camp. Kelli should know that. 

Plus, I'm sure this isn't something Brennan just said or thought, I'm sure she meant it, and quite frankly I find it perfectly reasonable for her of all people to say it.  I think it would be weird if she didn't think "I hope this is all worth it," it would have been three summers she gave up for nothing.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Jennv said:

They have to bring in more than 36 just as cushion. Even if they were sure they had 36 that they could put on the field dancewise, they still need some backup in case of injury, or someone dropping out during camp,or in case someone gets arrested or has some other scandal. That said, they could do with 40. I do believe they take 45 just for added drama of cutting girls.

Totally agree ... what if you brought in 36 girls and 2 could not do the field entry ... big mess ... or cant do the kickline ... they bring in 45 or so because you dont know who might be the stand out ... if you cut and go with the 36 you could miss someone that is a diamond in the rough :-)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AnDieT said:

She went over a bridge, burned it down, dug her own grave, lay down in it and shovelled it shut, bye-bye flabby Vicky!

Oh, if only that were true. Having seen the type of person VK is, we know she is going to come back next season, and Kelli will put her on the team, because VK is an entitled, spoiled little rich kid, and Kelli has already promised it to her! Kelli's treatment of the vets and the other TCC's shows exactly what is happening. She is going to put her on the team next year! She would have done it this year, but VK blew it!  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Totally agree ... what if you brought in 36 girls and 2 could not do the field entry ... big mess ... or cant do the kickline ... they bring in 45 or so because you dont know who might be the stand out ... if you cut and go with the 36 you could miss someone that is a diamond in the rough :-)

Agreed! What if they brought in someone like Malena and decided no cuts, and she struggled all season forgetting all the dances, etc, which would cause issues IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME. I remember that Bethany girl from like season 11 who was one of the highest rated TCCs at auditions, but ended up getting cut because she couldn't hack it. The audition really only tells so much and you don't really get to test their memory in training camp. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, soapmaniac22 said:

Agreed! What if they brought in someone like Malena and decided no cuts, and she struggled all season forgetting all the dances, etc, which would cause issues IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME. I remember that Bethany girl from like season 11 who was one of the highest rated TCCs at auditions, but ended up getting cut because she couldn't hack it. The audition really only tells so much and you don't really get to test their memory in training camp. 

Some girls come into camp with big dance credentials and cant do the DCC style or its too many dances too fast and they look lost ..... OMG so right about Malena ... she is adorable but cant do the dances ..... I think she is a Morgan 2.0 ...  K&J know her memory is terrible but like her looks and want to give her every chance to improve 

1 minute ago, AnDieT said:

Honest question: Do you - or anybody for that matter - really think she'll come back after that?! I'd be so ashamed of myself, I'd emigrate to Antarctica and join a penguin dance group...There no worries about flabby tummies XD

Yes, I honestly really think that she will come back because her attitude this year shows she thinks she is IT! She thinks she is better than everyone else and that she DESERVES to be on Show Group, a Group Leader, and eventually point. She just does not think she has done anything wrong. She will definitely be back!

• Love 11

what I don't understand is, when given a gift of someone who can help guide you, why are you not saying, yes ma'am?? If i was given an opportunity like that, first words I would have said is, can I live with you for however long it takes to get this new lifestyle down. the attitude she gave was ridiculous!!

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Lunacat said:

Watching again and Kelli said it was “some of the veterans” that felt all the advice Madeline was giving wasn’t her place.   She also said that she (meaning Kelli herself) noticed that after the first night Madeline relocated her locker.

So based on these two things I don’t see how the call in of Madeline relates to VK - it was vets who noticed the attitude issues, and Kelli herself who saw the locker change a long time ago.

I wonder if Madeline will be a one year only vet?

10 hours ago, Lunacat said:

Apparently the rookies were all assigned lockers with their names on them, and Kelli scolded Madeline for setting her stuff down  in someone else’s locker. They also told her that she seemed like a know-it-all. 

My god, they're 4 year olds. utterly pathetic

• Love 8
10 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

So no one thinks it was out of line of Madeline to relocate her locker from her assigned spot?  

I think it was.  You take the locker and say "thank you, ma'am" like Judy says you should do when offered a sardine sandwich :)

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Today is my 70th birthday and the picture here was taken a couple months ago and has not been filtered.  I’ll go up against TK any day.  Secret is good genes, great skincare, and plenty of sunblock.

81D14E23-D0CB-437C-AA84-071BF45CFC8A.jpeg

Happy Birthday!  Enjoy!!

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Today is my 70th birthday and the picture here was taken a couple months ago and has not been filtered.  I’ll go up against TK any day.  Secret is good genes, great skincare, and plenty of sunblock.

81D14E23-D0CB-437C-AA84-071BF45CFC8A.jpeg

You look amazing!

• Love 9
16 hours ago, sATL said:

stop.jpg.59d64b1bf4686e38dc3e1b2c32184c8f.jpgHUH? Say what, now?

Of all of the places they could and should appear at... Dunkin???

Why- whose idea was that ???

Yup . . . the recent ones were recently deleted by whomever monitors their FB page.

image.png

• Love 1

I am sooooooooo looking forward to Vk vs Jinelle because Vk is looking hella bitchy in that preview and I can't wait. I pretty much hated a lot about this weeks episode, Kelli was just so rude and aggressive in the visits and Kitty was once again a biased useless pointless addition, so next week better be good

• Love 14

Honestly, after my 3rd child I could not lose the weight.  It took me almost a year and a half.  When I did seek out help I didn’t go to someone who has struggled with weight, I went to my Zumba teachers who taught multiple fitness classes.  They are not trained nutritionists but they are in shape and they eat healthy.  I was able to lose weight because they advised me on foods and exercise.  They didn’t have to be trained nutritionist they just live a healthy life style.    

VK is lucky she had a chance to work with Jinelle.  Jinelle is someone who is in shape and lives a healthy lifestyle.  Just because Jinelle is skinny doesn’t mean she has never struggled with weight.  Back in college and early 20s I was skinny but I was not healthy.  I was diet pill after diet pill and not eating enough.  VK was rude to Jinelle!  Look how many girls have been sent to Jay to train.  Is Jay overweight?  no, but he can advise on ways to lose weight.  It’s no different from VK working out with the trainers at the Star.  I don’t see her telling them I don’t think you've ever had a weight problem.  When people want to lose weight they go to the gym and work with trainers but it truly is a lifestyle change.  It’s not eating out, it’s about putting healthy calories in your body.  Uhh, and what erked me the most was VK’s smile about Dayton being cut.  You want a sincere friend look how Heather O talked about how Ally, her best friend, was cut last year.  That is a sincere person, VK does not come across as sincere.  If I was Dayton I would be pissed off seeing that.  On a positive note, I love seeing and being introduced to more rookies. 

• Love 23
Just now, AnDieT said:

Kinda can't believe she'd(or TK) be that oblivious...But we'll see! I'm definitely not going to watch a second season with her! Now I'm just watching bc I want to see her booted out! =D

Me too! hahahaha!

• Love 5

Next week's previews:

Cannot wait to hear it is just a honor to be in the swimsuit calendar and I never thought I would be in swimsuit calendar. Blah!

Now if I-tunes will be kind enough to get last's night episode available to watch.

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I used to peer tutor math in college, and yes...I did hear comments like that quite a bit when tutoring.  Things like “you’re lucky you just understand this stuff, I can’t, etc”.   And it’s actually less relevant/personal when you are talking about someone’s weight versus math ability.

And there’s a difference between a peer/mentoring situation, which Jinelle is, versus a licensed nutritionist - which Jinelle is not.   One is just helping someone from what they know from their own life experience, and the other has had formal training on the subject and is a certified professional.

Sending Jinelle to work with someone w/ weight struggles is like sending Lacey to work with someone with kick/flexiblilty struggles - it was just a bad choice all around by K&J.  Yeah, VK could have handled it better and/or hid that she was upset more effectively (she is only 18, and 18 year olds don’t always hide their emotions well), but her being annoyed doesn’t surprise me.

And finally, besides for the girls spying her getting two milkshakes after TC (assuming that’s true), we have no idea why VK gained weight.  Two milkshakes don’t have 40K calories.

It doesn't matter what you think of their choice of who to help you or whether or not you think that person has anything relevant to share with you. You still meet with that person & listen politely to what they have to say because that is what your boss told you to do. 

• Love 18

Advice to all future DCC tryouts ... look at the news sometimes.  I was not one to really look at the news at that age, I was more into my personal life, I get it.  But we are now in Season 13.  If you know nothing else, you should know that they expect DCC to be up on current events and issues.  How do you know NOTHING about the MeToo movement?

Really like Ashley!  She came across as so mature and positive! Loving her!

Ooh!  Sasha Agent!  So gorgeous!

Edited by VintageJ
Forgot one detail.
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Next week's previews:

Cannot wait to hear it is just a honor to be in the swimsuit calendar and I never thought I would be in swimsuit calendar. Blah!

Now if I-tunes will be kind enough to get last's night episode available to watch.

That media day with Taylor T is hands down what is going to get her cut.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Amk2017 said:

Honestly, after my 3rd child I could not lose the weight.  It took me almost a year and a half.  When I did seek out help I didn’t go to someone who has struggled with weight, I went to my Zumba teachers who taught multiple fitness classes.  They are not trained nutritionists but they are in shape and they eat healthy.  I was able to lose weight because they advised me on foods and exercise.  They didn’t have to be trained nutritionist they just live a healthy life style.    

VK is lucky she had a chance to work with Jinelle.  Jinelle is someone who is in shape and lives a healthy lifestyle.  Just because Jinelle is skinny doesn’t mean she has never struggled with weight.  Back in college and early 20s I was skinny but I was not healthy.  I was diet pill after diet pill and not eating enough.  VK was rude to Jinelle!  Look how many girls have been sent to Jay to train.  Is Jay overweight?  no, but he can advise on ways to lose weight.  It’s no different from VK working out with the trainers at the Star.  I don’t see her telling them I don’t think you've ever had a weight problem.  When people want to lose weight they go to the gym and work with trainers but it truly is a lifestyle change.  It’s not eating out, it’s about putting healthy calories in your body.  Uhh, and what erked me the most was VK’s smile about Dayton being cut.  You want a sincere friend look how Heather O talked about how Ally, her best friend, was cut last year.  That is a sincere person, VK does not come across as sincere.  If I was Dayton I would be pissed off seeing that.  On a positive note, I love seeing and being introduced to more rookies. 

100% agree. I did the same. I am still on my "journey" but I too starting consulting with those who already are in shape and eat better than I do. Their 9-5 job title isn't nutritionist. My first , and a freebie, came from someone who is an active duty Army solider  - IE she has to be in standards for her job. She did a little common sense youtube on "get fit" and  it motivated with me.

Even though the fitness aspects are very small segments of a bigger episode (like the stretching before practice, Jay's fitness test and the cowboy fit deal), that is why I like this show. I take in all of the little nutrition and fitness tips. I hope Jinelle is able to share her eating tips on an episode.  

Also, there has been many healthy tips on this board and I appreciate all of the information. Thank you !One can't do everything that is on someone's list - so the more info you have the better. Just smile and file it away in the back of your mind. It does take a village. 

Whatever VK issue is - she needs to build her health team. At least K&J gave her a start with Jinelle, since they don't suspect exercise/cardio is an issue. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

So no one thinks it was out of line of Madeline to relocate her locker from her assigned spot?  To me that is a little ballsy.   Wonder why she moved it and to where?

That’s the thing though - we don’t know why.  Kelli told her she didn’t care to hear the reason.  It could have been a simple misunderstanding.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Next week's previews:

If you wanna watch last nights episode I can send you the link the watch it 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Bottom line is that Victoria made a CHOICE to audition for the DCC. She made a CHOICE that she wants DCC to be her employer. DCC owes her nothing, including a nutritionist. DCC gave her Jinelle's help as a gift, but she could seek out help from someone who "knows what it's like to struggle with weight" if she wants to, and still be respectful of Jinelle's willingness to help. Just as someone makes a CHOICE to become a math teacher, or a doctor, or a psychiatrist, Victoria decided to seek employment with the DCC organization. For that reason, she has absolutely no room to dismiss or demean the help that DCC provides for her weight. She could seek employment elsewhere (or help elsewhere) if DCC's offer of help is not what she thinks it should be. Her weight is her responsibility.

Bottom line is Victoria is not looking for help/advice on losing the weight. She's looking for a shoulder to cry on & someone to tell her that it's all right, it's not her fault, it's just genetics or whatever.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Bottom line is Victoria is not looking for help/advice on losing the weight. She's looking for a shoulder to cry on & someone to tell her that it's all right, it's not her fault, it's just genetics or whatever.

I think she is looking for someone to say never mind, you're fine, see you at the point of the triangle. Don't worry about that extra weight, we will just give you bigger shorts!

• Love 18

So much going on in this latest episode ...  

Kelli looks bad in the Kristin situation IMO.  Why didn't she just cut her?  She told Kristin as much and then backed away.  She has repeatedly commented how many cuts they still need to make; if this girl has shown you what you need to see, why drag it out?  Kelly looks indecisive and wishing washy.  

Kelli also looks bad with how easily she is swayed by other people's opinions.  Kitty comments on Tara, Miranda and Madeline, last week, and Kelli jumps all over all three of them.  But Kitty says "show some respect" to VK, and she backs right off.

No wonder this training camp lasted so long and cuts were made at the eleventh hour ... the Director can't make up her own damn mind.  

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, jlc said:

I think she is looking for someone to say never mind, you're fine, see you at the point of the triangle. Don't worry about that extra weight, we will just give you bigger shorts!

Bingo! She wants what she’s always had — things she doesn’t deserve just being handed to her. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Next week's previews:

Thanks for posting. Anyone have the clip where VK snaps at Jinelle? I won’t be able to watch until later.

• Love 1

WTF iTunes?????????? UGH. I can’t concentrate on work until I view the train wreck that is episode 9. @Holly85 would you mind, please, sending me the link, please, too? Please?! (I just don't trust that they aren’t messing with the aired episode before putting up for download).   

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She did it the very first night of TC - which is why it is ballsy IMO.  She wouldn’t have even had a GL yet (and GL weren’t even announced).  And if K&J plan the locker layouts, not sure a GL would have even knew she did it on the very first night.

It would be similar to going into the meeting room and them having assigned seats and her changing her seat.  On the first night no one remembers where everything was when it’s brand new.

I can’t believe no one thinks this is odd and I don’t see what it has to do with VK?   So she ratted on Madeline the very first night of TC for changing her locker even though Kelli specifically said in the interview the she, Kelli, noticed it right after she did it?

Umm...I can't believe how someone can't see how toxic ratting on teammates would be?

• Love 11