Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Some really nice photos in this gallery. I think Maddie looks good (photo 4/34) and there is a great photo of the jump split (28/34).

My personal view is Maddie is way too plain to be up front. She looks even more ordinary/ not DCC face next to Kashara and Lacey. She’s one of the few girls I thought Neil was right on in his comments about her face the first year she tried out.

i know she has great qualities but she just looks like the ugly duckling in the swans here. I’m not saying she doesn’t belong, just further back.

Her boob looks close to falling out in the first photo which is embarrassing for her, though not her fault. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Bc Jenna was not underage so not breaking the law, and she'd swore she'd stopped effing around with whatshisface. 

Also Holly's dad is a lawyer but just a tax attorney. Not some big contract or criminal lawyer who is going to lay the Johnnie Cochran smack down over Holly breaking her contract then resigning. HOlly basiclally did what she wanted then quit when she couldn't do what she wanted and moved on. Jenna was, well is, desperate and would still be there if she could. 

I thought for sure there was contact with Holly from someone advising her it was best to move on, rather than be cut on the show. There had to be more with her just resigning after the meeting where she wasn’t cut.

I didn’t mean her dad got involved, but just because he’s a tax lawyer doesn’t mean he doesn’t have friends/ connections in Dallas. (My mom does corporate mergers in NYC, she still has plenty of friends she could call on, all over the country, even late at night, to act on something like this.) Who knows.

Im just saying Holly was not cut but resigned and it’s incorrect to say she was cut.

From what’s been said, Jenna was just as guilty, if not more, of breaking the “no contact” policy. She was a poor leader and friend to Holly and ended up complicit in the team losing one of their best dancers. Maybe she thought she gets more attention if Holly’s gone? I don’t know, but Kelli had good reason to cut Jenna, if she chose to do so.

I agree Jenna is desperate. Her text about still wanting point while being punished showed she didn’t get it.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Are you kidding?  This is one of my pet peeves.  If it is because of "spoilers" it's ridiculous.  The team was announced in August, and like you said they have Twitter accounts, have announced it on their Instagrams, are seen during games, etc.  But there are some people who don't want to know before it's announced on the show.  They will even make comments on the girls' accounts when they say something about making the squad.  It's like, hey you spend a summer like they did in TC - they have the right to scream it from the rooftops:)

And yes, the website needs to be updated by the first regular home game at least.  New cameos, new updated info - not is a student when they graduated two years ago.  There is a way to do it without giving out too much personal info.

The DCC official insta even shows exactly who made the team. I remember being on insta and this guy was following Rachel and then bitched when she posted a pic of herself dancing at the game because it was a spoiler and how could she ruin it for him, when he actually followed the DCC insta...like...dude, wtf? if you don't want to be spoiled why are following a TCC/DCC and the officiall DCC instagram that will weekly show the squad dancing? talk about ridiculous.  if the official insta is going to show the girls, and of course it is because the season starts before the tv season is over, then whats the point of all the cloak and dagger?

• Love 11
On 9/29/2018 at 10:56 PM, sleepyjean said:

Your whole post was a very interesting read! Thank you for the insight.

All three prettier here than in their cameos.

What is the deal with the cameos this year??? They look awful. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Some really nice photos in this gallery. I think Maddie looks good (photo 4/34) and there is a great photo of the jump split (28/34).

Maddie looks awesome in all of those pics...Tess's solo pic looks great...I forget how pretty she is! 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, sATL said:

Kashara's elbow - did she say what was the diagnosis ? Was she able to dance in the 1st preseason game ?

She broke it, but it was broken in a place that didnt affect her performing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Misscarlett said:

I agree.  I thought it cheapened the high standards they claim to have.  Underaged drinking, fraternizing with players? Pretty bad.  I would have canned Jenna first for being such a poor role model. 

She was willing to snitch on the other girls. It look like Judy wanted to cut her, but she probably was overruled by Kelli and/or Charlotte. I am sure Judy and Kelli are probably glad she is gone especially with all the new drama this year. I could not imagine being in TC with Jenna and Victoria. UGH!!!

1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

The DCC official insta even shows exactly who made the team. I remember being on insta and this guy was following Rachel and then bitched when she posted a pic of herself dancing at the game because it was a spoiler and how could she ruin it for him, when he actually followed the DCC insta...like...dude, wtf? if you don't want to be spoiled why are following a TCC/DCC and the officiall DCC instagram that will weekly show the squad dancing? talk about ridiculous.  if the official insta is going to show the girls, and of course it is because the season starts before the tv season is over, then whats the point of all the cloak and dagger?

Someone on the DCC insta today said to stop posting game photos cause it spoils who makes the team LOL

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Someone on the DCC insta today said to stop posting game photos cause it spoils who makes the team LOL

There's only so many times i can roll my eyes this hard at that sort of nonsense without them just giving up the ghost and falling out of my skull.  I swear, there are people that deliberately follow some SM just so they can complain about an account they willingly follow.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Thank you! After arriving to the apartment, she met her roommates and some other dancers for different ships. She had an excellent first day - orientation, where they did intros and said something interesting about themselves, learned about the shows and each set, then they were off to rehearsal. She loves her cast members, 5 girls, 5 guys and 3 lead singers. They have 3 - 45 minute shows to learn and they learned one 2 1/2 minute piece today, she said it was very Fosse. Plus she’s singing...it’s backup but, she’s singing! 

does she know what ship she will be in yet? We sail Royal Caribbean frequently and I would enjoy seeing her in the shows 

Edited by Cruisegirl
Spelling error
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

Don't see it.  She looks great to me. She doesn't have the nipped in waist.  But many women don't naturally have an hour-glass figure.

I think she looks great....she's in shape and very toned.  Like you said, she just doesn't have that nipped in waist so she looks more boxy.  But so does Lauren.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ShellyB said:

This and this summer, every team had to format their website to one NFL platform. Many pages are slow to update this year, not just DCC. 

Thank you for the insight, @ShellyB! I wouldn’t have guessed this.

[I neridly work in IT consulting so actually very interesting :)]

To to all the people that are following the dcc Instagram and complaining about spoilers.. I can’t stop laughing this morning ? Let’s send them the link to this forum. Jk, sorta. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

You’re welcome!  It is different from her others.

And here is a tiny preview.  KaShara, Tasha and Alexis look beautiful.  I am glad they let Kash grow her hair out.

I know there is still not a lot of Cassie love  .... but her kid is a adorable. (BTW always liked her season 6 - I dont think we saw everything that was going on  - the last season (7) was pumping up the rookies )
  • Love 4

Such a shame that we haven’t really seen a continuing, coherent story on any girls other than Dayton, VK, and Kristen - all girls who were cut. I feel like this may end up being the rookie class that we know the least about. It’s quite telling that once the conversation here moved away from VK, it moved to......Jenna and Holly. They really need to give us something more to discuss. The little 2 minute segments on various girls really isn’t enough to eve somewhat get a feel for the girls when we don’t hear from them again for the rest of the season. 

ETA: I forgot Malena. I feel like we’ve gotten to know her as well, but she too gets cut, so that’s doesn’t help lol.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

You’re welcome!  It is different from her others.

And here is a tiny preview.  KaShara, Tasha and Alexis look beautiful.  I am glad they let Kash grow her hair out.

I love Kashara’s hair like this, I think it looks better than the shorter, more layered look she had previously. Alexis is also beautiful and Tasha looks better to me this year, more natural looking makeup or something. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I love Kashara’s hair like this, I think it looks better than the shorter, more layered look she had previously. Alexis is also beautiful and Tasha looks better to me this year, more natural looking makeup or something. 

They also let Tasha go back to her side part, which she clearly favors over the middle part that they had her wearing her rookie season.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Such a shame that we haven’t really seen a continuing, coherent story on any girls other than Dayton, VK, and Kristen - all girls who were cut. I feel like this may end up being the rookie class that we know the least about. It’s quite telling that once the conversation here moved away from VK, it moved to......Jenna and Holly. They really need to give us something more to discuss. The little 2 minute segments on various girls really isn’t enough to eve somewhat get a feel for the girls when we don’t hear from them again for the rest of the season. 

ETA: I forgot Malena. I feel like we’ve gotten to know her as well, but she too gets cut, so that’s doesn’t help lol.

For. Real.

There are girls in photos posted on the official DCC that I don' even recognise let alone have any concept of a name for.

12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

They also let Tasha go back to her side part, which she clearly favors over the middle part that they had her wearing her rookie season.

It looks SO much better. I hate their near insistance on central parting for all because it doesn't suit most women at all. a side part is almost always so much more flattering. its funny to see rtired vets post squad, most of whom were always styled with a middle parting while on the squad, invariably wear their hair almost exclusively side parted when they retire.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

For. Real.

There are girls in photos posted on the official DCC that I don' even recognise let alone have any concept of a name for.

It looks SO much better. I hate their near insistance on central parting for all because it doesn't suit most women at all. a side part is almost always so much more flattering. its funny to see rtired vets post squad, most of whom were always styled with a middle parting while on the squad, invariably wear their hair almost exclusively side parted when they retire.

Yep. I hate parting my hair down the middle. I’ve tried it a few times, and my forehead isn’t shaped right for it all. I would be seriously annoyed, basically seething under my fake “yes mam” exterior, if I were a TCC, and they tried to make me wear a middle part. 

• Love 1

Watching season 5 again and watching uniform fittings.  Kelli says “that is why we are so hard on weight because the shorts hide nothing.  You have to be lean.”  Of course it’s with Liz Reuter and they are showing what she has to lose.  She said she promptly called Jay Johnson and started working out with him.  No complaints about Jay has never struggled with weight.  Uhhh this season just frustrates me with how much someone has gotten away with so much.  

The other candidates look great and we have barely gotten to see half of them.  It would be a hard year to be in training camp and see one candidate get away with so much.  

• Love 6

Losing weight is a combination of eating healthy and working out, you can't just go to a trainer and say "help me lose 20 pounds" cause they'll give you workouts, but you also need to control your eating. Good trainers can help you out with that too, I don't know if I'd trust Jay Johnson and his army techniques to be my trainer.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Losing weight is a combination of eating healthy and working out, you can't just go to a trainer and say "help me lose 20 pounds" cause they'll give you workouts, but you also need to control your eating. Good trainers can help you out with that too, I don't know if I'd trust Jay Johnson and his army techniques to be my trainer.

Truth. you can't outrun a bad diet. literally in just changing my diet and barely changing my workout regime, I've lost 28 pounds. I was eating more than I thought I was and though much was healthy, the portion size was too large, particularly ont hings like bread and other high carb items. cut that from my diet 6 days a week and the weight is coming off. little changes can make huge differences because exercise alone isn't enough.

I couldn't go to Jay or any other bootcamp style workout - I loathe and don't respond well to being yelled at. I would just yell back and leave. not my style of workout at all

• Love 12
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, PBSLover said:

Yes! If you are going to criticize (come sit by me! - so kidding here), do it constructively. That’s what kills me about the way these women communicate with the squad. TELL THEM SPECIFICALLY WHAT IS WRONG. For god sake. They all know how to talk, just tell them what is wrong.

Floppy, noodly, bad feet, not getting noticed. How about movements need to be more precise, your off balance with your feet or your feet are not in the right place, more power in your dance. Then have a vet go over to them and do an 8 count or two and show them what you are referring to. 

They used to do just that? Why in the world do you think they quit doing it? I'm legit asking.

Christ it is frustrating to listen to. I can only imagine how the TCC’s feel.

I still have it on my DVR.

Following what?

Truth. you can't outrun a bad diet. literally in just changing my diet and barely changing my workout regime, I've lost 28 pounds. I was eating more than I thought I was and though much was healthy, the portion size was too large, particularly ont hings like bread and other high carb items. cut that from my diet 6 days a week and the weight is coming off. little changes can make huge differences because exercise alone isn't enough.

I couldn't go to Jay or any other bootcamp style workout - I loathe and don't respond well to being yelled at. I would just yell back and leave. not my style of workout at all

We need to talk diet. I’m going to pm you tonight after my kids go to bed!

• Love 3

Yeah, people really underestimate how important portion control is. The first time I went on a diet and actually started measuring out my food.....huge change! Take cereal for instance...,if you pour it out of the box right into the bowl, I bet most people easily end up eating 2 cups or so, when the portion size in the nutritional box for that cereal is probably 2/3 cup or 1 cup. It’s deginitejy tedious to measure and weigh food, but I think it’s necessary for real weight loss.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, PBSLover said:

It was Nina Moch. She got really mad when she was cut but her rant was never aired.

On the subject of TCC getting cut: who was the young lady that tried out at least 3 times, then when she got cut, just unloaded on K & J? After she left, Kelli said, "I wonder how long she's been holding that venom in?", or something to that effect? It was probably Season 4 or 5? She had curly hair.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

On the subject of TCC getting cut: who was the young lady that tried out at least 3 times, then when she got cut, just unloaded on K & J? After she left, Kelli said, "I wonder how long she's been holding that venom in?", or something to that effect? It was probably Season 4 or 5? She had curly hair.

Megan F. RIP 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, people really underestimate how important portion control is. The first time I went on a diet and actually started measuring out my food.....huge change! Take cereal for instance...,if you pour it out of the box right into the bowl, I bet most people easily end up eating 2 cups or so, when the portion size in the nutritional box for that cereal is probably 2/3 cup or 1 cup. It’s deginitejy tedious to measure and weigh food, but I think it’s necessary for real weight loss.

I would think Jay's bootcamp style workouts would be REALLY hard on your joints.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Megan F. RIP 

Okay! that's right! RIP? I hope you meant that metaphorically! I really had to admire her for speaking out like that. Those that have tried out 3-4-5 times always just weep and then thank K & J for the opportunity. I felt Megan was justified in saying they had led her along. It's not the first TCC they've done it to. Cut them after the second try-out if you're 95% sure they're not DCC material. Okay, just saw the FB post about her passing. How sad!

Edited by Muckypup61
Additional info added
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Okay! that's right! RIP? I hope you meant that metaphorically! I really had to admire her for speaking out like that. Those that have tried out 3-4-5 times always just weep and then thank K & J for the opportunity. I felt Megan was justified in saying they had led her along. It's not the first TCC they've done it to. Cut them after the second try-out if you're 95% sure they're not DCC material.

Megan f lost her battle to cancer that’s why they said rip 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Dang. Is that Kelli? That’s pretty perfect picture

yep that's Kelli and her jump splits are always like that...Lauren's are as well. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Oh god yes.  most people (including me because I love cornflakes and we're coming up to oatmeal season and I cannot describe how much I love oatmeal), if you show them the 30 gram serving size of most cereals will accuse you of trying to starve them.  Its actually a pretty small amount.  can you get used to it and not feel starved hours before lunch? yeah. but if you give mot people a bowl and a box of cereal they'll automatically parcel out an amount 2-3x the serving size but not realise it's actually WAY more than a serving and count only the calories and fat of a single serving.  they don't mean to, it's not them being in denial as such over their portion size, just many don't know that a bowl full isn't a serving, its about 3.

deligently weighing my food out was definitely a drag at the start, but after a few weeks I was able to be far more accurate in my eyeballing of things like cereal (until I nixed that too during the week partially because gluten free cereal isn't cheap and because carbs aren't my friend!) but stuff like rice or pasta I was always a mess for, always making way too much or too little so hard to be sure to work on weighing that.  now I meal prep completely by rote and habit and honestly its one of the best things I've ever done in terms of my food consumption and ensuring healthy stuff is always on hand so that if I snack, there's no excuse not to reach for the tupperware of carrot sticks or cucumber slices. i don't even have to prepare it, just peel off the lid and voila. between meal prep and ensuring I don't totally deprive myself - i have a few jellybeans each night as a sweet treat and I freeze little pots of petits filous so that its like frozen yogurt and tasts just like creamy ice cream while being a small serving and actually healthy so that I don't feel like Im just eating rabbit food and its not such a shock to my system, and a cheat day a week for some toast - and ensuring I don't try to con myself into believing Im going to learn to love foods I absolutely despise just because they're healthy, I've totally changed my lifestyle and waistline.

sucks at first, like any change in behaviour that's pretty ingrained but totally worth it.

• Love 6

I don’t have to go to work tomorrow or the rest of the week, so I got home and wanted to watch the new episode thinking it was Friday already. I almost screamed at my laptop wondering why there was no new episode.... I guess only having to catch up on two pages here should have already told me it hadn’t aired yet ??‍♀️ 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

you can't outrun a bad diet.

Most people don't do the kind of workouts required, but you definitely can...to bring this back to topic, see current DCC Molly.

53 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Dang. Is that Kelli? That’s pretty perfect picture

Someone asked on Lauren & Jessika's Facebook chat the other day who the shortest DCC is; they thought it was between Kelli & Brianna, but KaShara said it's Kelli.  I'm mentioning this because until I saw this picture I didn't realize Kelli was tiny enough to be on the end of the kickline.

• Love 5
Just now, ByTor said:

Someone asked on Lauren & Jessika's Facebook chat the other day who the shortest DCC is; they thought it was between Kelli & Brianna, but KaShara said it's Kelli.  I'm mentioning this because until I saw this picture I didn't realize Kelli was tiny enough to be on the end of the kickline.

I never realized how short Jessica was and she was end of kickline...I saw her comment on the picture of Kelli 

8 minutes ago, Preity said:

I don’t have to go to work tomorrow or the rest of the week, so I got home and wanted to watch the new episode thinking it was Friday already. I almost screamed at my laptop wondering why there was no new episode.... I guess only having to catch up on two pages here should have already told me it hadn’t aired yet ??‍♀️ 

why is it not friday already, that is the question! forget just the fact i'd have a new ep to watch, it'd be FRIDAY!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I never realized how short Jessica was and she was end of kickline...I saw her comment on the picture of Kelli 

I never realized how short Jessica was until I re-watched Season 7.  She was in the locker room with Jasmine and Danielle when they were taking pictures at their uniform fitting.  She is so tiny!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

I think @ShellyB confirmed this last year (but I could be mistaken so please correct me if so!), but they like to update the website with the new squad photo, cameos and bios in sync with the squad photo episode airing on CMT.

That's fine if they want to do that but then change the air dates to match up better with reality. We're already 8 weeks into the season (4 preseason and 4 regular season games) and the show still isn't even up to the point of selecting the final team?!? That is beyond stupid!

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Most people don't do the kind of workouts required, but you definitely can...to bring this back to topic, see current DCC Molly.

Did Molly talk about her workouts on the show, cause you’re not the first to comment on that. I would also like to know what Lauren does for those abs.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I HATE CENTER PARTS...so thanks for mentioning this. 

3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Not true. Jay did a grocery store trip with the girls a few seasons back asking them to show him what they eat and what they should be eating. His logic is the same as Jinelle’s (someone posted on this thread), use food as fuel. It is an athlete’s mentality and that is what he discussed with the squad.

34 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I never realized how short Jessica was until I re-watched Season 7.  She was in the locker room with Jasmine and Danielle when they were taking pictures at their uniform fitting.  She is so tiny!

So tiny. 5’ or 5’1”????

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

She’s been trying out since Season 3, if you can believe.

Yep, and makes show group as a rookie.  When you think of some of the disasters who have been brought into training camp, it just shows how flawed the audition process really is.  Kelli needs to rethink the "yes/no/maybe" system that she thinks is so brilliant.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yep, and makes show group as a rookie.  When you think of some of the disasters who have been brought into training camp, it just shows how flawed the audition process really is.  Kelli needs to rethink the "yes/no/maybe" system that she thinks is so brilliant.

I think they didn’t think she was pretty enough. Kelli has never been discussed, on the show anyway, by TPTB for all the times she has auditioned. And now she’s a star on the squad.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I HATE CENTER PARTS...so thanks for mentioning this. 

Not true. Jay did a grocery store trip with the girls a few seasons back asking them to show him what they eat and what they should be eating. His logic is the same as Jinelle’s (someone posted on this thread), use food as fuel. It is an athlete’s mentality and that is what he discussed with the squad.

So tiny. 5’ or 5’1”????

but most trainers won't do that with you or not without an added premium many couldn't afford, even if qualified to do so, because personal trainer does not equal nutritonist.  some also have that qualification but nowhere near all, and many would, if asked, say they'd prefer to stay in their lane/scope of their practice and not give dietary advice because its not their area. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did Molly talk about her workouts on the show, cause you’re not the first to comment on that. I would also like to know what Lauren does for those abs.

I know she said on a podcast she did during the calendar shoot that she stays in shape by running a lot in addition to the regular workouts and dancing.  I heard she has talked a lot about how bad her diet is...see below for example LOL

• Love 4