Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I get vets can have a bad or off day and I feel bad (for the most part) when that bad or off day hits on the day of Finals (or panel interviews), especially when the vet comes in having done everything she could possibly have done to prepare.  However, if the vet hasn't done everything and comes in visibly heavier, a bad solo, etc. then she deserves to get cut because those things CAN be corrected for.  The girls have at least a year under their belts by the time they're considered a veteran candidate so they SHOULD know what's expected of them and try to be at least a little better than the year before.

Some of the girls who audition multiple years before making Training Camp and/or the squad improve over that time (Kelli, Robin, Erin, Brennan, Kelsey L., etc.), but there are girls who just . . . don't.  Auto Amy and Megan F., are some recent examples and there are probably others that I'm forgetting.  Kyndall was one that falls somewhere in the middle.  I wish they'd given her a chance either year she made it into Training Camp, not only because she was one of the last two cut both times she auditioned, but because, if she'd made the squad, she would have settled into it and been both an amazing ambassador and a great dancer.  However, I think the second time she was cut, she knew they were never going to give her a chance on the squad, no matter how many times she made it to Training Camp.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 9
On 10/1/2018 at 2:02 AM, NMDD43 said:

I see it too. She kind of looks like the actress Julie Benz

Screenshot_20181001-0047231.jpg

She REALLY looks like the actress Julie Benz. WOW! 

9 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

However, I think the second time she was cut, she knew they were never going to give her a chance on the squad, no matter how many times she made it to Training Camp.

I was never that big of a fan of Kyndall's, but reading that sentence made me sad. :(

• Love 5
16 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

She looks like ahe has a baby bump in some of these pictures bc her stomach is so fluffy!

Re: Maddie

I actually have a theory on this (disclaimer: I’m not a DCC insider nor a medical health professional).

Maddie and I have similar builds, we are both short-ish, but not necessarily petite or slender, with more athletic builds. Due to my own personality, I’ve always liked working out and trying different types of workouts to figure out what was best for me. About 7 years ago, despite having a personal trainer who put me through CrossFit type workouts plus doing a bunch of cardio on my own, had bloat in my mid-section that I could NOT get rid of. I looked very very similar to how Maddie looks right now. Just kinda “puffy” in the middle. Granted my diet was not the best, but it just didn’t make sense why I was so puffy there. Fast forward to 2017, I was having some, let’s say, “Gastrointestinal Issues”.  Went to the GI doc, had a colonoscopy, and turns out I have ulcerative colitis - pretty bad too -along with some IBS (now, don’t be jealous, it isn’t as glamorous as it sounds). 

Basically my colon is just a swelled mess, and I can not tolerate high FODMAP foods. So when I am having a reaction to foods my system can’t tolerate or start to flare up, I literally can look 6 months pregnant. And it is incredibly uncomfortable. So, I was put on meds along with following a low FODMAP diet (at least avoiding foods that trigger the IBS or flare ups), and I am no longer puffy or fluffy or bloated. I mean, I don’t have Lauren or Gina’s abs but I’m almost 41 and I really like red wine. So it’s a good trade off. 

But every time I see Maddie’s pictures, her midsection reminds me of how I looked before my diagnosis. She seems like such a sweet, kind girl. Even though she doesn’t have the typical DCC look, I’d still rather have her work for me than some of the others who “look good on paper.” 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I get vets can have a bad or off day and I feel bad (for the most part) when that bad or off day hits on the day of Finals (or panel interviews), especially when the vet comes in having done everything she could possibly have done to prepare.  However, if the vet hasn't done everything and comes in visibly heavier, a bad solo, etc. then she deserves to get cut because those things CAN be corrected for.  The girls have at least a year under their belts by the time they're considered a veteran candidate so they SHOULD know what's expected of them and try to be at least a little better than the year before.

Some of the girls who audition multiple years before making Training Camp and/or the squad improve over that time (Kelli, Robin, Erin, Brennan, Kelsey L., etc.), but there are girls who just . . . don't.  Auto Amy and Megan F., are some recent examples and there are probably others that I'm forgetting.  Kyndall was one that falls somewhere in the middle.  I wish they'd given her a chance either year she made it into Training Camp, not only because she was one of the last two cut both times she auditioned, but because, if she'd made the squad, she would have settled into it and been both an amazing ambassador and a great dancer.  However, I think the second time she was cut, she knew they were never going to give her a chance on the squad, no matter how many times she made it to Training Camp.

They showed Robin for a few seconds in the finals episode in Season 9, and in my opinion, she looked a lot better than Alexandra did. Alexandra could not kick and her dancing on the field was not all that great. I think it was her body that got her into TC, and the fact she is a special education teacher because it does seem Kelli likes teachers being on the squad. I think it was Charlotte who wanted Megan F. in TC for the third time because watching the finals episode you could tell Kelli and especially Judy did not want her back for a third time. The reasoning behind why certain girls make it into TC at all is silly at best aka they have certain television or movie star looks, she has a different look than the other girls, and her body would look great in the uniform. You cannot say you take the best dancers when you keep picking girls who have a chance in heck of making the team in the first place.

12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't know Cassie in real life, but from what I've seen she's not the type to be meekly led. Nor does Judy seem like Gypsy's Mama Rose, directing Cassie's life. I think Cassie is a SAHM mom because she wants to be. Maybe that was her goal from the start, or maybe that's just how it worked out, but I think saying she's a SAHM because she's too dumb and untalented to do anything else is a reach. I don't have any evidence for that, but she seems to have thrown herself wholeheartedly into the role, and to enjoy it very much.

I

I agree. That comment annoyed me. I’m a sahm with 2 degrees and a ton of drive. It’s just a choice I make while the kiddos are young. Hate Cassie for dcc things but not for that 

• Love 20

Who was the girl a few years ago who tried out more than once and was finally cut after they just said her dance style didn't match up with DCC style? Like multiple years and almost made it but you could tell it just wasn't going to click and you could tell that Kelli meant that she'd never be a DCC. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

48 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

I agree. That comment annoyed me. I’m a sahm with 2 degrees and a ton of drive. It’s just a choice I make while the kiddos are young. Hate Cassie for dcc things but not for that 

Glad I'm not alone in being annoyed by it.  If that's what Cassie wanted and chose, then what the hell is wrong wiith being 'no more than' a SAHM? that's a HARD life, running after kids all day and keeping the house and having people judgng your decision. there's no 'only' about it.  so long as the woman chose that life, and its what she wants, what the hell is so bad? feminism, equality, it's' all about having choice.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Glad I'm not alone in being annoyed by it.  If that's what Cassie wanted and chose, then what the hell is wrong wiith being 'no more than' a SAHM? that's a HARD life, running after kids all day and keeping the house and having people judgng your decision. there's no 'only' about it.  so long as the woman chose that life, and its what she wants, what the hell is so bad? feminism, equality, it's' all about having choice.

Yeah, it's silly. Every family makes choices based on what is best for them. It's no one else's business nor should there be shame thrown at SAHMs or working moms for their decisions. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

Yeah, it's silly. Every family makes choices based on what is best for them. It's no one else's business nor should there be shame thrown at SAHMs or working moms for their decisions. 

It’s funny.  I worked nights for 24 years and got to be a SAHM and a working mom at the same time.  And I was a TIRED mom!  LOL>

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Preity said:

I’ll admit: while I’m always sad for vets cut at finals, I also always kind of like it

This is so awful of me, but my favorite show all season is the finals show when at least one vet gets cut, sometimes more. I don't know why I love that show so much, but it usually turns out that the vets that get cut are rarely one of my favorites, and it gives me  justification for not liking them. Does this make me sound rude as heck?

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, jlc said:

This is so awful of me, but my favorite show all season is the finals show when at least one vet gets cut, sometimes more. I don't know why I love that show so much, but it usually turns out that the vets that get cut are rarely one of my favorites, and it gives me  justification for not liking them. Does this make me sound rude as heck?

People love cuts - especially vet cuts - it’s why the show is interesting.   If everyone always made the team, it would get boring fast.

The only vet cut I was ever upset about was Kali Nicole, the rest for the most part I either wasn’t a big fan or thought they shouldn’t have made the team in the first place (Keyra).

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

It’s funny.  I worked nights for 24 years and got to be a SAHM and a working mom at the same time.  And I was a TIRED mom!  LOL>

No kids for me, but my husband works the graveyard shift, and I do not know how he does it. I think SAHM works just as hard as working mothers and/or working mothers who do work at home. I do not know how any mother does it. My hats off to all mothers!

And on the subject of episodes. I like the finals episode because I like to see if a vet gets cut. I do admit I scratch my head a lot and think what the heck were the judges thinking when they bring in certain girls into TC especially Kelli and Charlotte and their reasoning behind why they like or dislike certain girls.

2 hours ago, Jessica97 said:

Who was the girl a few years ago who tried out more than once and was finally cut after they just said her dance style didn't match up with DCC style? Like multiple years and almost made it but you could tell it just wasn't going to click and you could tell that Kelli meant that she'd never be a DCC. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

They said that to Whitney...who is in her second season cheering for the Dolphins.  She finally made TC, was cut, told that, and came back the next year anyway and did not make TC.  Kelli made a reference to it, in fact, when she re-auditioned the next year after her cut. They told her that she needed to find a team that was more suited to her dance talents.  I don't know if that's the one you are referring to but that was told to her.

image.png.db9ca72295c6769af2f93d181dbf4e3f.png

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

No kids for me, but my husband works the graveyard shift, and I do not know how he does it. I think SAHM works just as hard as working mothers and/or working mothers who do work at home. I do not know how any mother does it. My hats off to all mothers!

And on the subject of episodes. I like the finals episode because I like to see if a vet gets cut. I do admit I scratch my head a lot and think what the heck were the judges thinking when they bring in certain girls into TC especially Kelli and Charlotte and their reasoning behind why they like or dislike certain girls.

Most seasons they pick a few girls to enter TCC that are easy cuts. At least in my opinion it's for the show and for the show alone. This whole idea of Kelli likes a project or a diamond in rough storyline annoyed me. How many polished diamonds has she actually achieved?   This season, I didn't see any obvious easy cut so maybe they are doing away with that storyline a little.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Same here...I was a night shift nurse for 20 years.  12 hour shifts so I worked three nights a week...and was home to do all of the school stuff I needed to be present for :) Sleep??? What's that??

• Love 6
On 10/1/2018 at 7:49 PM, TexasBorn said:

Her mom knew that Cassie had no real talent or intellect and was destined to be a stay at home mom and nothing else. So Judy did whatever it took to elevate her below average daughter's visibility in order to marry her off well.

Heck, I would!

I mean, I think it’s pretty obvious that Cassie isn’t a genius, but your post implies dumb people are destined to be SAHM and nothing else. Some of us chose to stay home so our kids aren’t spending the day with nannies and at daycare centers. There’s definite value in that choice, especially for the child. 

Say what you want about Cassie, I’ve personally never liked her, but she’s a good mom. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, VintageJ said:

That sounds exhausting!

Really though, people make decisions that are best for them, and I don’t see a need to judge. I know a woman who stopped working because the daycare bill was nearly as much as her monthly salary. Since everyone could be on the husband’s health insurance, it just made more sense for her to stop work for the time being and watch the kids until they’re in school. Now, there certainly are people who do nothing, but there are legitimate reasons to not be a sahm that don’t boil down to being dumb.  With that said, it’s not like the comment on Cassie is out of the ordinary. Former DCCs get bashed all of the time on here for their after-DCC choices. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jessica97 said:

Rachel Buckmaster?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Rachel Buckmaster?

Yeah I was thinking it might be her. Maybe Kali Fullerton - wasn’t she a Kelli favorite who just couldn’t get the choreography and style down?

• Love 1

OMG!  Who did this?  LOL She’s posted in the past how people often go to her page just to tell her how mean she was or to critique her parenting skills.  Dang.  And they usually get dragged in the comments by people who like Cassie.  I like Cassie, but I don’t reply to those comments.  But they’re fun to read, makes me chuckle often.

EF67877D-4B24-4B25-9B4F-707ADD19D0C4.jpeg

• Love 4
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Quoting for context -  I think it is so incredibly juvenile for them to gift adult women with Barbie dolls and recognize them with a stuffed teddy bear. There was a time when I thought the Barbie doll was fun, but I've changed my tune. As time goes by, the more I see this form of arrested development and grown women being treated and acting like little girls, the more I am turned off by it. How about recognition coins (Google it) or a small charm or something other than children's toys to reward a job well done.

How about a financial bonus!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

You were not the only one annoyed by that comment. I know tons of women who would give their eye teeth to drop their careers to be a SAHM. It is not an easy job. I do not know how my Mom did it with three children under the age of 7. She's amazing.?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

You were not the only one annoyed by that comment. I know tons of women who would give their eye teeth to drop their careers to be a SAHM. It is not an easy job. I do not know how my Mom did it with three children under the age of 7. She's amazing.?

I've never understood all of the Cassie hate.  While she wasn't my favorite, I thought she was pretty, a decent dancer, and she just was what she was...no BS about her.  I agree that being a SAHM...is one of the hardest and most under appreciated jobs out there...and those that have more than one...KUDOS to them!!! 

• Love 6

She needs to 

9 minutes ago, ales-ya said:

OMG!  Who did this?  LOL She’s posted in the past how people often go to her page just to tell her how mean she was or to critique her parenting skills.  Dang.  And they usually get dragged in the comments by people who like Cassie.  I like Cassie, but I don’t reply to those comments.  But they’re fun to read, makes me chuckle often.

She needs to just delete/ignore. Replying to old stuff like this smacks of immaturity. 6 years later, you should be ignoring, not laughing to cover up the fact you are secretly pissed off.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

She needs to 

She needs to just delete/ignore. Replying to old stuff like this smacks of immaturity. 6 years later, you should be ignoring, not laughing to cover up the fact you are secretly pissed off.

6 years later, says the girl who still has her DCC pic as her profile pic. I'm with you, she's not laughing, she's pissed.

• Love 19
39 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah I was thinking it might be her. Maybe Kali Fullerton - wasn’t she a Kelli favorite who just couldn’t get the choreography and style down?

They probably said the same thing to Kali.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

They probably said the same thing to Kali.

Kali was definitely one of Kelli's faves...she hated cutting her... you could tell that.  Kali seemed like a super sweet person and would have been a great DCC.  She may not have been the best DCC but she would have given 110% and been a great ambassador. 

• Love 3

Ugh over the Cassie talk but if anything, Judy OVER ESTIMATED her dance skill and truly thought she was better than she was. Yeah she was groomed and pushed since birth for DCC, but Judy absolutely did not think Cassie was a loser that needed her mother to pave the way. Judy is awesome but truly blind to thinking Cassie earned her rookie spot and was treated like the other girls. Judy really does think she went out of her way to make sure Cassie did not get special privileges. 

• Love 3
On 10/2/2018 at 1:47 AM, scorpio1031 said:

You’re welcome!  It is different from her others.

And here is a tiny preview.  KaShara, Tasha and Alexis look beautiful.  I am glad they let Kash grow her hair out.

I see this and I think...Tasha has a kid too. I'm sure she would love to be in the a pic with the squad! SMDH  However, I think Cannon is a cute kid!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I see this and I think...Tasha has a kid too. I'm sure she would love to be in the a pic with the squad! SMDH  However, I think Cannon is a cute kid!

She'd probably love it! But it would be seen as 'unprofessional' to have cheerleaders bring their kids in at any point.....(eyeroll)

7 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I was actually surprised Cassie had this on her Insta, cause usually everything is kept a secret until the big reveal.  Tasha's daughter is adorable, and she probably would like to be in the photo, but she did get to hang out with the girls at Kash's birthday party:)  

39 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Ugh over the Cassie talk but if anything, Judy OVER ESTIMATED her dance skill and truly thought she was better than she was. Yeah she was groomed and pushed since birth for DCC, but Judy absolutely did not think Cassie was a loser that needed her mother to pave the way. Judy is awesome but truly blind to thinking Cassie earned her rookie spot and was treated like the other girls. Judy really does think she went out of her way to make sure Cassie did not get special privileges. 

When I watch Season 3 ... I think that rookie class was not that strong but became strong dancers. Whitney in season 6 was asked to help a Karissa that they had faith in her like they did in Whitney when no one else did .... that tells me she struggled her rookie year ...  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I was actually surprised Cassie had this on her Insta, cause usually everything is kept a secret until the big reveal.  Tasha's daughter is adorable, and she probably would like to be in the photo, but she did get to hang out with the girls at Kash's birthday party:)  

A birthday party is fine but to be in a photo with your mom as a DCC would probably mean more to both Tasha and Ivy! The favoritism/nepotism constantly knocks us in the face. I call BS!!  And Ivy has to see another kid in the photo next to her mom......such crap!!

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ElenaFR said:

How about a financial bonus!

The DCC organization infantilizes (eg Barbie, Abbey bear ) the cheerleaders, which is another one of their many oppressive tactics. Not good enough to get paid like the big boys. Grown ass women, make grown ass wages.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I don’t see this as Cassie getting special treatment by getting a pic at the photoshoot.  I think it’s more a perk of being Judy’s grandkid.  Because Judy’s other grandson also gets to be there, I’ve seen pics from years past.  I know Cassie’s kids and Judy’s grandkids are the same thing.  I just think it might be a perk of Judy’s job.  I’m sure if Kelly had grandkids, they’d be there too.  

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, lah715 said:

When I watch Season 3 ... I think that rookie class was not that strong but became strong dancers. Whitney in season 6 was asked to help a Karissa that they had faith in her like they did in Whitney when no one else did .... that tells me she struggled her rookie year ...  

I believe it was actually in reference to her Halloween costume that caused controversy . . .

Edited by rl27rl
  • Love 2

Oh, that Halloween costume of her as Lil Wayne was BAD!! When Kelli talked about it during a media training, Whitney looked uncomfortable...but it seemed like Melissa Kellerman got called out worse for her "tackle" from Jason Witten. That was much more innocent than, say, blackface. I'm just saying. ?

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 5
Just now, tinabee1967 said:

Oh, that Halloween costume of her as Lil Wayne was BAD!! When Kelli talked about it during a media training, Whitney looked uncomfortable...but it seemed like Melissa Kellerman got called out worse for her "tackle" from Jason Whidden. That was much more innocent than, say, blackface. I'm just saying. ?

Very true!  I never quite understood that call out on Melissa.  And I agree, that was so much more innocent.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Jay called it "bringing that lame game back." I guess Hannah missed watching that episode and did not think such a thing applied to her.

1 hour ago, veronicamers said:

In the same way that I don't think it's fair to pass judgement on SAHMs for their choice, this perception that working moms are farming out child rearing to strangers is just as negative and damning. Parents make choices in the best interest of their families. Work outside the home or not, it doesn't make you less of a parent. 

Just saying our (my sister and mine) nanny is still an integral part of our family, comes on vacations and holidays with us. I’m not sure people understand what nannies actually do. It’s really common in nyc because kids have to be taken everywhere for everything. It’s like an extra family member for many people I know. She certainly didn’t take the place of our mom, aunts, cousins or grandmothers. She helps keep everything running smoothly.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ales-ya said:

Not to excuse the rude comment on her page, but if she has DCC pics as her home page or is one of the main identifying things on her SM (and I don’t know because I follow none of them on SM), she has to expect people are still going to comment on her tenure as DCC.  But yeah, 6 years later.  Glad she has a sense of humor about it.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, veronicamers said:

In the same way that I don't think it's fair to pass judgement on SAHMs for their choice, this perception that working moms are farming out child rearing to strangers is just as negative and damning. Parents make choices in the best interest of their families. Work outside the home or not, it doesn't make you less of a parent. 

I never said working outside the home made you less of a parent.... but I’ve been on these boards a long time, and SAHM’s have caught a ton of flack on here over the years, so I’m hyper sensitive to it. At the end of the day everyone has to do what’s best for them. My sister is going back to work because staying at home makes her crazy and she’s worked damn hard to build a career- which I completely respect. But she does have someone else caring for her child while she is working- which is just part of being a working mom.

Moving on..... this is off track and apologies if I offended anyone. Sorry Mods.

2 hours ago, rose711 said:

Just saying our (my sister and mine) nanny is still an integral part of our family, comes on vacations and holidays with us. I’m not sure people understand what nannies actually do. It’s really common in nyc because kids have to be taken everywhere for everything. It’s like an extra family member for many people I know. She certainly didn’t take the place of our mom, aunts, cousins or grandmothers. She helps keep everything running smoothly.

Nannies our so common in our area.... even SAHM’s have them. They make life easier on everyone. We can not afford one, but I guarantee I’d have more time for my husband and wouldn’t feel half dead by 6pm if I had one! 

• Love 4