Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, VintageJ said:

Not to excuse the rude comment on her page, but if she has DCC pics as her home page or is one of the main identifying things on her SM (and I don’t know because I follow none of them on SM), she has to expect people are still going to comment on her tenure as DCC.  But yeah, 6 years later.  Glad she has a sense of humor about it.

She's not the only alumni to have DCC pics on their social media.  And honestly, if you're going to go to someone's SM account and criticize or comment, you are going to be fair game for that person and their other followers.  Some of the people I follow, I don't know how they do it.  If I'm giving you a free dessert recipe on my website, and you wanted a savory recipe instead, I would be tempted to tell you to add 1/2 cup of salt and pepper.  Like when a troll criticized Julia Roberts "black nail polish" and she replied back that it was navy.  And I admit, I really like when Chrissy Teigen or Kelly Ripa has the perfect clapback

And back on track:

https://proudteams.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-episode-10-the-next-level.html

• Love 5

I seem to recall that there are two pair of boots, one custom one for performances, and then more off the shelf ones for practicing.    I'm not sure that's the truth, but I do remember someone saying that a long time ago.      Maybe that's why VK kicked hers off, because they run big or something.   Maybe the boots are made for a certain thickness of socks, and hers were thinner?   

I can't wait for this week's episode.   It should be interesting.   Since there are so many cuts and so few episodes left this season.   I wonder if we'll see all of the cuts?

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

There is a video on the Facebook page with more from the media training.  And Dayton is still one of the featured pictures:)

Tess and Savannah did the Live Chat today.  They look really good.  Except Tess liked the calendar picture of Savannah's:(

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2

Report, don’t engage. Everyone’s entitled to their opinions so scroll on by or use the ignore feature if need be. Argumentative posts will be removed. Aggressiveness and defensiveness are equally uncalled for, and may earn warnings. 

55 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I seem to recall that there are two pair of boots, one custom one for performances, and then more off the shelf ones for practicing.    I'm not sure that's the truth, but I do remember someone saying that a long time ago.      Maybe that's why VK kicked hers off, because they run big or something.   Maybe the boots are made for a certain thickness of socks, and hers were thinner?   

I can't wait for this week's episode.   It should be interesting.   Since there are so many cuts and so few episodes left this season.   I wonder if we'll see all of the cuts?

I predict the last two episodes will be a bunch of girls facing the chopping block. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I predict the last two episodes will be a bunch of girls facing the chopping block. 

weirdly, this season feels really strung out and also really rushed at the same time and I can't put my finger on why

• Love 15
1 minute ago, MelissaMinion said:

Has anyone seen Marshall’s Instagram? He reads us, and explains how the side eye happens! 

We love you, Marshall!

oh god...one of those was mine. bless his sense of humour!

• Love 7
Just now, Txmomof2 said:

Omg I love Marshall!!! Seriously, kick off Melissa the Mentor and let him have the gig. 

let's face it, the guy knows how to perform, how to put on a show and hold a room's attention. some of the TCC need to learn that skill!

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

weirdly, this season feels really strung out and also really rushed at the same time and I can't put my finger on why

I think it’s because every week they seem to talk about cutting the same girls, but then don’t make decisions? I was shocked the didn’t cut Kristen last week, they’ve been having the same conversation for weeks now. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

There is a video on the Facebook page with more from the media training.  And Dayton is still one of the featured pictures:)

Tess and Savannah did the Live Chat today.  They look really good.  Except Tess liked the calendar picture of Savannah's:(

I think they have to say nice things like that during public appearances. For all we know Tess probably doesn't like it but since she was presented with it and was live, she had to say it was great.

I remember watching an interview on YouTube with some of the girls and they were asked if there was ever drama on the team. Jacie answered that they never really fight unless someone took their teasing brush ?? it was such a cookie cutter answer

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Jessica97 said:

Who was the girl a few years ago who tried out more than once and was finally cut after they just said her dance style didn't match up with DCC style? Like multiple years and almost made it but you could tell it just wasn't going to click and you could tell that Kelli meant that she'd never be a DCC. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

There's Whitney, Kali Fullerton, Rachel Buckmaster, Auto Amy, Megan F., Kyndall, and a few others.  Rachel Buckmaster was told that (though Kelli thought they could send her out on appearances immediately).  They had mad respect for her in all other ways except both she and they knew the dance was an issue.  Whitney was the only other one I could think of that they said this to and, even though she was told she would NEVER (emphasis mine) be a fit for the DCC, she still came back the next year and didn't make Finals.  Evidently, Auto Amy was given more hints then what we saw on the show that this team wasn't for her (and likely never would be), thus why she never came back despite having auditioned for 5 years.

9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

People love cuts - especially vet cuts - it’s why the show is interesting.   If everyone always made the team, it would get boring fast.

The only vet cut I was ever upset about was Kali Nicole, the rest for the most part I either wasn’t a big fan or thought they shouldn’t have made the team in the first place (Keyra).

Kali's cut was the one that I was the most upset about though Alyssa Torres' is a close second.  Kali seemed SO sweet and talented and a girl I would LOVE to know, yet they cut her and brought in a lookalike who turned out to be a horrible dancer (though she seemed too plastic personality-wise).  I wish both Kali and Alyssa had gotten more than one year on the squad, though I did love Alyssa's reaction when she was interviewed after being cut.  She was upset, but knew that this phase of her life was likely over for good and it was time to move on.

9 hours ago, Kayce said:

They said that to Whitney...who is in her second season cheering for the Dolphins.  She finally made TC, was cut, told that, and came back the next year anyway and did not make TC.  Kelli made a reference to it, in fact, when she re-auditioned the next year after her cut. They told her that she needed to find a team that was more suited to her dance talents.  I don't know if that's the one you are referring to but that was told to her.

There have been a few who couldn't take a hint, even when it was applied with a verbal 2x4 (two of whom were a certain pair of blondes this year) and Whitney was one of them.  She was told flat out that she wasn't, and would never, be a fit for the DCC yet she still came back the next year wanting to show how badly she wanted it and how hard she had worked.  Girl, take a HINT.  They took you once out of all the times you auditioned and gave you a hard NO yet you still come back expecting a yes only to get slapped down again when cut at Semi-Finals.  

7 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Judy OVER ESTIMATED her dance skill and truly thought she was better than she was.  Judy is awesome but truly blind to thinking Cassie earned her rookie spot and was treated like the other girls. Judy really does think she went out of her way to make sure Cassie did not get special privileges. 

I appreciate the fact that Judy THOUGHT she went out of her way to make sure that Cassie didn't get special privileges, but she didn't protest when those special privileges showed up and almost seemed to look for them. There are several good examples of this, but there are two that stick out in my mind tonight. The Halloween half time?  I don't know if Cassie knew what it was going to be ahead of time and worked it into her audition routine or her audition routine inspired the Halloween half-time, but that's something NO other girl has gotten, even for other special half-times.  I seem to remember hearing that there had been several guys who wanted to propose to their cheerleader girlfriend on the 50 yard line at the stadium but were told no, but Cassie's now-husband was allowed to propose there.  Need I say more?  We've seen a resurgence of the same attitude, but with Kelli towards Victoria.  AND. . . I'm shutting up now.  At least for tonight.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

People love cuts - especially vet cuts - it’s why the show is interesting.   If everyone always made the team, it would get boring fast.

The only vet cut I was ever upset about was Kali Nicole, the rest for the most part I either wasn’t a big fan or thought they shouldn’t have made the team in the first place (Keyra).

I don't love cuts. I usually FF or skip them. It's one of the reasons I don't watch the show in real time. It's enough for me to know who got cut without having to watch their hearts break.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Txmomof2 said:

Omg I love Marshall!!! Seriously, kick off Melissa the Mentor and let him have the gig. 

I do love Marshall but I still like Melissa. The mentor thing is pretty silly but I like her as a judge at prelim/final and then maybe a guest appearance later to look in as an extra pair of eyes. I'm fine with the video taping segments but why on earth don't those girls do that all the time? They need Melissa's camera?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm fine with the video taping segments but why on earth don't those girls do that all the time?

Melissa videotaped Natalie Woods in Season 1. She said they did on DWTS but she did it prior to being on the show. I guess you have get plugs in wherever. God forbid anyone forgets she was on DWTS.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

Has anyone seen Marshall’s Instagram? He reads us, and explains how the side eye happens! 

We love you, Marshall!

Oh. Ehm. Gee.  One of those quotes is mine.

I’m printing it out & framing it.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Melissa videotaped Natalie Woods in Season 1. She said they did on DWTS but she did it prior to being on the show. I guess you have get plugs in wherever.

I used to videotape the competitive cheer squads that I coached for them to critique their routines, and this was back in the 90's. So, I'm pretty sure that tactic has been around since the invention of the camcorder & VCR. Don't need Melissa for that! :-)

I don't have any dislike for Melissa per se, but I would much rather see more footage of the actual rehearsals/dancing as opposed to conversations between Melissa and whomever she has been assigned to mentor. It saddens me that we have a squad with a bunch of girls I don't even know this year. I feel like MTT's focus on a select few has gotten worse over the years. We used to see much more footage of all the rookies and vets.

Edited by SanDiegoGal
  • Love 6
On 9/29/2018 at 12:41 PM, KatherineB said:

Wow!! I didn't have any idea about why she left, but good for her! I agree with her 100%!!

me too,  Charlotte and her dad have been stealing from these girls for way too long. They take a lot of emotional abuse from people like Kitty and Kelli, work their assess off and get paid next to nothing.  Its disgusting and nobody except Erica has had the courage to do anything about it. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Annalisa said:

me too,  Charlotte and her dad have been stealing from these girls for way too long. They take a lot of emotional abuse from people like Kitty and Kelli, work their assess off and get paid next to nothing.  Its disgusting and nobody except Erica has had the courage to do anything about it. 

She was cut from the squad for breaking the rules, so just bitter.  She said the mascot got paid x amount, but he is a full time employee for the Cowboys.  Being the mascot is a side gig.  

• Love 1

Did you guys know there are trivia questions on the CMT page? I went back and did them all. It was a fun addition. I got a few wrong too, but they should be simple for the posters here.

if they do it next year we can compare scores, or maybe we could do that the remaining episode? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

There's Whitney, Kali Fullerton, Rachel Buckmaster, Auto Amy, Megan F., Kyndall, and a few others.  Rachel Buckmaster was told that (though Kelli thought they could send her out on appearances immediately).  They had mad respect for her in all other ways except both she and they knew the dance was an issue.  Whitney was the only other one I could think of that they said this to and, even though she was told she would NEVER (emphasis mine) be a fit for the DCC, she still came back the next year and didn't make Finals.  Evidently, Auto Amy was given more hints then what we saw on the show that this team wasn't for her (and likely never would be), thus why she never came back despite having auditioned for 5 years.

Kali's cut was the one that I was the most upset about though Alyssa Torres' is a close second.  Kali seemed SO sweet and talented and a girl I would LOVE to know, yet they cut her and brought in a lookalike who turned out to be a horrible dancer (though she seemed too plastic personality-wise).  I wish both Kali and Alyssa had gotten more than one year on the squad, though I did love Alyssa's reaction when she was interviewed after being cut.  She was upset, but knew that this phase of her life was likely over for good and it was time to move on.

There have been a few who couldn't take a hint, even when it was applied with a verbal 2x4 (two of whom were a certain pair of blondes this year) and Whitney was one of them.  She was told flat out that she wasn't, and would never, be a fit for the DCC yet she still came back the next year wanting to show how badly she wanted it and how hard she had worked.  Girl, take a HINT.  They took you once out of all the times you auditioned and gave you a hard NO yet you still come back expecting a yes only to get slapped down again when cut at Semi-Finals.  

I appreciate the fact that Judy THOUGHT she went out of her way to make sure that Cassie didn't get special privileges, but she didn't protest when those special privileges showed up and almost seemed to look for them. There are several good examples of this, but there are two that stick out in my mind tonight. The Halloween half time?  I don't know if Cassie knew what it was going to be ahead of time and worked it into her audition routine or her audition routine inspired the Halloween half-time, but that's something NO other girl has gotten, even for other special half-times.  I seem to remember hearing that there had been several guys who wanted to propose to their cheerleader girlfriend on the 50 yard line at the stadium but were told no, but Cassie's now-husband was allowed to propose there.  Need I say more?  We've seen a resurgence of the same attitude, but with Kelli towards Victoria.  AND. . . I'm shutting up now.  At least for tonight.

Seriously Judy thought recusing herself from Cassie's interview and not putting her on show group first year proved she didn't get special treatment. Judy is good at her job but not really smart overall.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I never said working outside the home made you less of a parent.... but I’ve been on these boards a long time, and SAHM’s have caught a ton of flack on here over the years, so I’m hyper sensitive to it. At the end of the day everyone has to do what’s best for them. My sister is going back to work because staying at home makes her crazy and she’s worked damn hard to build a career- which I completely respect. But she does have someone else caring for her child while she is working- which is just part of being a working mom.

Moving on..... this is off track and apologies if I offended anyone. Sorry Mods.

Nannies our so common in our area.... even SAHM’s have them. They make life easier on everyone. We can not afford one, but I guarantee I’d have more time for my husband and wouldn’t feel half dead by 6pm if I had one! 

I wish I could afford a nanny and I don't even have kids! Quick question about the All Stars that sub for the DCCs who are not in a game for whatever reason. Do they have separate practices, practice with the group, or ?  They would obviously need to learn any new dances each season. Just curious as to how that works.

8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Are they trying to slowly bring back Melissa the Mentor back to see if the fans and viewers want to see her more. Don't they know when it comes to her the less is better.

I wonder if they are considering Jinelle for that spot?

49 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Quick question about the All Stars that sub for the DCCs who are not in a game for whatever reason. Do they have separate practices, practice with the group, or ?  They would obviously need to learn any new dances each season. Just curious as to how that works.

Or do they only sub for Thunderstruck?

7 hours ago, KatieLen said:

I think they have to say nice things like that during public appearances. For all we know Tess probably doesn't like it but since she was presented with it and was live, she had to say it was great.

I remember watching an interview on YouTube with some of the girls and they were asked if there was ever drama on the team. Jacie answered that they never really fight unless someone took their teasing brush ?? it was such a cookie cutter answer

I always find it funny when people take what actors say on press tours as gospel and i'm sitting here like 'this is their job. they are literally being paid to spout whatever the studio wants them too. they might think this is the worst movie in the world but of course they're going to say that it's the best one yet, that they've neer done better.  because it's their job.'.  I always take any form of interview with anyone thats a part of their job with a massive heaping of salt.  this is their job, they'll say what they're supposed to or prompted to or flat out instructed to.  because it's their job.  I don't know what people expect the DCC to say if asked anything on the scale of 'do you fight? do you all get annoyed about the pitance you're paid? are eating disorders rampant on the team?' because of course they're going to trot out the Director-approved fluff answers

5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Oh. Ehm. Gee.  One of those quotes is mine.

I’m printing it out & framing it.

the temptation is real!

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She was cut from the squad for breaking the rules, so just bitter.  She said the mascot got paid x amount, but he is a full time employee for the Cowboys.  Being the mascot is a side gig.  

do you mean bbeing a DCC is a side gig?

thing is, for me, regardless of her motivation, she did bring some attention to something that's still deeply ridiculous - these girls bring in millions a year for the DCC organisation and get paid peanuts and treated like garbage. at the end of the day I still respect her for shining a light on it, regardless of her reasoning why

• Love 5
12 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Not to excuse the rude comment on her page, but if she has DCC pics as her home page or is one of the main identifying things on her SM (and I don’t know because I follow none of them on SM), she has to expect people are still going to comment on her tenure as DCC.  But yeah, 6 years later.  Glad she has a sense of humor about it.

People are idiots 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

I am SO for this!! Marshall is so entertaining to watch and he has a great presence! LOVE LOVE LOVE Marshall!! I would so have him do my hair if I lived near his salon...even if I had to take a loan out to do it!! hahahah....

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, rose711 said:

I think it’s because every week they seem to talk about cutting the same girls, but then don’t make decisions? I was shocked the didn’t cut Kristen last week, they’ve been having the same conversation for weeks now. 

I'm so sick of listening to Malena say the same thing over and over each week.  I liked her at first but now I'm just sick of hearing her talk. I wish they would let us get to know some of the ones who actually do make the team, but it's usually the same people blathering on. I guess they threw us a bone last week allowing us to hear from Ashlee. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

No, being the mascot is a side gig, the person in the costume works for the Cowboys in the Marketing department.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

The DCC organization infantilizes (eg Barbie, Abbey bear ) the cheerleaders, which is another one of their many oppressive tactics. Not good enough to get paid like the big boys. Grown ass women, make grown ass wages.

Hopefully that's on the way to changing thanks to the cheerleaders who have recently spoken out about the salary issue.  Unfortunately, it takes brave individuals to stand up for themselves and others, even if it means potentially sacrificing their career.  In the 1963 NBA All-Star Game, the players refused to come out of the locker room in protest of the low salaries they were making.  In 1969, Curt Flood challenged the reserve clause in Major League Baseball, which led to the creation of free agency and the increase in baseball players salaries.  During that era, professional athletes had to take off-season jobs in order to support their families, but look at them now.  I don't think cheerleaders will ever be making millions of dollars a year, but I hope the recent media attention being paid to the issue will allow them to be making more than the $1500 the average cheerleader is making now.  

• Love 11
17 hours ago, ales-ya said:

I don’t see this as Cassie getting special treatment by getting a pic at the photoshoot.  I think it’s more a perk of being Judy’s grandkid.  Because Judy’s other grandson also gets to be there, I’ve seen pics from years past.  I know Cassie’s kids and Judy’s grandkids are the same thing.  I just think it might be a perk of Judy’s job.  I’m sure if Kelly had grandkids, they’d be there too.  

I agree with you 100%.  Of all the shady things I've learned about Cassie on this board, I don't think her son taking a picture with the cheerleaders qualifies as even a minor blip on the radar.  I've seen other pictures of the cheerleaders posing with kids.  

I tend to cut Judy a little more slack (but not totally) than most probably do, having coached my own son in basketball.  I always told him that he was going to have to work 10x harder than everyone else because, even though you're talented, some people are still going to play the nepotism card.  You have to show them beyond a shadow of a doubt that you've earned it and deserve it.  Luckily, he followed my advice and there were never any problems.  Beyond coaching your own kid, I've seen countless mature, responsible, and intelligent parents who are unable to fairly judge their kid in a team environment.  Not just as a judge of talent, but when off the court things turn into a he said, she said situation.  Not to sound like the get off my lawn guy, but when I was a kid, if my parents got a call from the school, the last thing I wanted to do was face my parents.  (They weren't abusive in anyway.)  Now, when kids get into trouble, the first thing most do is run to their parents, who then run to the school and blame the other kids, teachers, and principal.  

That said, Judy shouldn't get a free pass from some of the things that posters have reported, but I do understand the difficult situation she is in.  Separating the parent from the coach is a very difficult thing to do that many, many great coaches have failed miserably at.  If my son didn't work so hard and make it easy, I probably would've joined them.  Maybe I'm giving in to a stereotype, but it's probably more difficult to coach your daughter than your son.  There are a lot of people here who have inside info on what goes on, so I think the dislike of Judy's treatment of Cassie is justified based on what has been said here.  Most importantly, Cassie never appeared to work 10x harder than her teammates, nor show that she was beyond a doubt the best.  The behind the scenes stuff is icing on the cake.  I just think the photo thing is piling on unnecessarily.  

Edited by vivianspoetry
Added some more thoughts
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Ok after watching way too much stuff and searching online, I think the girl I was thinking of is Rachel Buckmaster.

10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

In my opinion, Rachel Buckmaster should not have made it to TC at all. The only reason why she was brought in was the fact Kelli and Charlotte thought she look like Laura Dern, so favoritism rules again. The girl could not dance at all, and I did not see much improvement her second time around. The chances of making the team was slim to none, and I do not think Judy was happy she was brought back in Season 5.

3 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I always find it funny when people take what actors say on press tours as gospel and i'm sitting here like 'this is their job. they are literally being paid to spout whatever the studio wants them too. they might think this is the worst movie in the world but of course they're going to say that it's the best one yet, that they've neer done better.  because it's their job.'.  I always take any form of interview with anyone thats a part of their job with a massive heaping of salt.  this is their job, they'll say what they're supposed to or prompted to or flat out instructed to.  because it's their job.  I don't know what people expect the DCC to say if asked anything on the scale of 'do you fight? do you all get annoyed about the pitance you're paid? are eating disorders rampant on the team?' because of course they're going to trot out the Director-approved fluff answers

the temptation is real!

thing is, for me, regardless of her motivation, she did bring some attention to something that's still deeply ridiculous - these girls bring in millions a year for the DCC organisation and get paid peanuts and treated like garbage. at the end of the day I still respect her for shining a light on it, regardless of her reasoning why

According to Kelli, the girls bring in around one million a year in revenue, and they are paid by the revenue they bring in. I agree the pay stinks, but I do not think they should get paid the same as the mascot who also has a full time job with the Cowboys Organization. In the case of Erica, I wonder if she is a little angry that Jenna got to stay on the squad after breaking the rules more than once, and Holly quit before they had a chance to cut her for good after she was caught breaking the rules more than once especially since it took Judy, Kelli and Charlotte to finally take some action. I find it interesting Erica is running around telling others she left on her own after being cut, and the fact she was not shown at all on the show last season and absolutely no mention of her getting the axe, or the fact she was trying to get back on the squad after being cut, but Charlotte said no.

Another girl I can think of that didn’t have the style is Ashley Paige. She cane back after being one of the last girls cut and i don’t think she even made finals. I remember a shot of her in the crowd from the season after she got cut. I really think she could have made it if she worked on her style with a vet. She was a pro bowl cheerleader from Kansas City.

i honestly think the cheerleaders have to bring in more than a million dollars a year. They sell merchandise - think of all those children’s dcc uniforms everyone shows themselves wearing growing up. Maybe that money isn’t credited to the cheerleaders, but goes into a different department.  They probably get no part of the tv coverage money or the attendance revenue, but they definitely are shown on tv and are responsible for pregame entertainment. I think they add to that revenue, but get no actual money credited to them for it.

i wonder if the one million is primarily from appearance fees and maybe calendars? Plus they have that camp too.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2

The one million is from appearances, merchandise, calendars etc. etc. Add in what it cost to run the DCC Organization aka calendar shoot costs, auditions costs, uniforms, boots, instructors coming in to work with the girls, etc. etc. It can add up fast. The attendance revenue is more about the football team because people are there to watch the game. Not saying people are not watching the cheerleaders, but I bet if there were no cheerleaders people would still be coming to watch the team play.

17 hours ago, rl27rl said:

I believe it was actually in reference to her Halloween costume that caused controversy . . .

I remember about the Halloween costume incident .... I looked back again ... Its seems like they were talking about Karissa's lack of dance technique and Whitney was asked to basically do a dance intervention with one on one intense help before they hit the field and the same thing with Kalli Fulerton she had another group leader take her aside and help .. both didnt make in the end though

• Love 2

My guess is that Kitty might get some money as "Technical Director" but mostly makes her bucks from the prep classes, choreography, and the finals coaching and everything else being associated with DCC generates.     I'm sure if she wasn't associated with DCC, and wasn't doing prep classes, then her dance studio would take a big hit.    I'm betting the guest choreographers are like the judges, and do it for the publicity.  

I can't wait for tonight's show.    

• Love 1

Anyone else notice in the latest preview on FB for tonight's episode that Maddie and Lacey swapped sides in the triangle?  Other than cut TCC's, anyone else now in a different spot?  Since this board compresses photos, click the image for the largest preview.  Not the best snap but it's a screen grab from the video.

Triangle swap.jpg

Direct link to the preview:

Edited by go4luca
ETA the direct link
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

No, being the mascot is a side gig, the person in the costume works for the Cowboys in the Marketing department.

then I'm confused, because the comment was 'She said the mascot got paid x amount, but he is a full time employee for the Cowboys.  Being the mascot is a side gig.' do you mean he has a full time job with the DC and a part of that job is being the mascot on the side, rather than that he works full time as the mascot? Im just not understanding, clearly.

2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

then I'm confused, because the comment was 'She said the mascot got paid x amount, but he is a full time employee for the Cowboys.  Being the mascot is a side gig.' do you mean he has a full time job with the DC and a part of that job is being the mascot on the side, rather than that he works full time as the mascot? Im just not understanding, clearly.

Being Rowdy is a part time gig, the person who plays Rowdy has a full time job with the Cowboys

6 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Being Rowdy is a part time gig, the person who plays Rowdy has a full time job with the Cowboys

Yep.

Rowdy Gig V2.jpg

Edited by go4luca
fixed attachment
6 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I'm pretty sure Shelly said that being the mascot is part of his responsibility as a full-time marketing employee.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, Rachel Buckmaster should not have made it to TC at all. The only reason why she was brought in was the fact Kelli and Charlotte thought she look like Laura Dern, so favoritism rules again. The girl could not dance at all, and I did not see much improvement her second time around. The chances of making the team was slim to none, and I do not think Judy was happy she was brought back in Season 5.

According to Kelli, the girls bring in around one million a year in revenue, and they are paid by the revenue they bring in. I agree the pay stinks, but I do not think they should get paid the same as the mascot who also has a full time job with the Cowboys Organization. In the case of Erica, I wonder if she is a little angry that Jenna got to stay on the squad after breaking the rules more than once, and Holly quit before they had a chance to cut her for good after she was caught breaking the rules more than once especially since it took Judy, Kelli and Charlotte to finally take some action. I find it interesting Erica is running around telling others she left on her own after being cut, and the fact she was not shown at all on the show last season and absolutely no mention of her getting the axe, or the fact she was trying to get back on the squad after being cut, but Charlotte said no.

I never said they should. but they should earn more than about 75bucks per game.  the $1 million estimate was at least 8 years ago (with Forbes stating they were bringing that in in 2003 and stating that its likely risen well above that now, 15 years later), I don't believe for a second that they don't bring in more than that now between inflation and everything else.  many  cheerleadering orgs for the NFl teams are purposefully their own organisation so that they don't fall under employees of the actual team themselves and thus require higher wages.  36 girls on the squad, lets lowball it at $1mill revenue, 1,200 a year per girl, that's $43000.  and thats assuming they get that and aren't fined for weight or trdiness or any other number of infractions.  I'm not saying they should make $30k or something, but for the work they do, the hours required, the stress on mind and body, cheerleaders should earn more than they do.  not all functions are paid  - Raiderettes had to attend a minimum of ten charity events a year that are unpaid but mandatory and are considered exempt from being paid minimum wage.  they have to buy a set number of the calendars and are expected to sell them themselves on their own time.

For the amount of money they bring to the organisation, the sheer exposure teams like the DCC get their teams, the TV stuff...I just stated they should earn more than they do, I never said they should earn more than a fulll time employee, but I don't think it's unfair to state they should be getting at least minimum wage!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm pretty sure Shelly said that being the mascot is part of his responsibility as a full-time marketing employee.

She did. 

OK, that's what I thought.  I thought maybe there was some confusion as to whether the Rowdy gig was part of his job or was a second job that the employee did in addition to his regular responsibilities.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

OK, that's what I thought.  I thought maybe there was some confusion as to whether the Rowdy gig was part of his job or was a second job that the employee did in addition to his regular responsibilities.

I'm still confused, the way Shelly worded it sounds like it's just in addition to his full time job

• Love 1