Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

I'm still confused, the way Shelly worded it sounds like it's just in addition to his full time job

Yes, that's what I thought it was and what Shelly said.

Another poster before said that Rowdy's full time job is one that's for Rowdy with scheduling appearances, plus being in the costume. Not a random marketing job and then Rowdy on the side. I don't know how to post the link but his wife just announced that they are pregnant!

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope iTunes and Amazon have the new episode ready to watch tomorrow morning. I need my fix. *lol*

No kidding! The last two weeks I’ve suffered for HOURS as I await the upload. I’m going to be chomping at the bit to see the whole Jinelle/VK drama, and I won’t be able to come here cuz I don’t want to spoil the suspense!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I'm not saying they should make $30k or something, but for the work they do, the hours required, the stress on mind and body, cheerleaders should earn more than they do.  not all functions are paid 

I would have absolutely no problem with the cheerleaders being paid $30k.  The Packers are a publicly owned team and are thus required by law to release their financials.  They had $420.9 million in expenses in 2017.  The Packers don't have cheerleaders, but for arguments sake, 36 cheerleaders making $30k adds up to $1.08 million in expenses.  That's 0.2% of the total expenses! Green Bay is the smallest market team in all of professional sports, and they have a healthy reserve fund of $380 million that would last for years, even if they stopped turning a profit (Which will never happen as long as the NFL is in business).  Annual profit and interest from the reserve fund added up to $63.4 million in net profit in 2017, a year in which many fans claimed they were done with the NFL due to various controversies.  Dallas is a considerably larger market with an owner worth an estimated $7 billion.  I don't think $30k is unreasonable at all.  

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

OK, that's what I thought.  I thought maybe there was some confusion as to whether the Rowdy gig was part of his job or was a second job that the employee did in addition to his regular responsibilities.

I’m still not clear on this point, as well as whether the full-time job is specific to the person who impersonates Rowdy currently or to the Rowdy character in general - basically if the current person leaves, will the new Rowdy also be a full-time position with all of the same duties? 

My main issue isnt so about the cheerleaders getting paid less than they contribute, as I think it’s orobsbly tough to quantify their value to the organization (I also think Erica absolutely had a legit FLSA claim, but that’s a different issue), and more about how they want to pretend that it’s just a part-time job. A part time job where you’re supposed to have another real job or be in school, while at the same time, treating it like it’s “the job” that takes precedence over everything else.....Practice until the crack of dawn, appearances all over the place, 2 week trips out of the country for a swim suit shoot, etc.  And don’t forget that you better not be less than 30 mins early for an appearance or you’re late, and that’s a cardinal sin! Apparently, the real job is supposed to be the accommodating one. 

At the end of the day, I get that it is what it is. Some girls have the type of flexible job where they can make it work, and others are fine just teaching Zumba classes while they’re a DCC. It just annoys me though when they don’t understand why Kristen is behind (because she works! And she can’t spend all day in front of a mirror practing), or when Kelli looks semi-worried that Ashley has put her career on hold while she’s trying to make DCC, or when they put on the UCLA mock graduation to pretend like they’re so into education. Spare me. 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I’m still not clear on this point, as well as whether the full-time job is specific to the person who impersonates Rowdy currently or to the Rowdy character in general - basically if the current person leaves, will the new Rowdy also be a full-time position with all of the same duties? 

There is a person who works for the Cowboys full-time.  Part of his job description is that he plays Rowdy.  This is from Shelly:  

ON 6/13/2018 AT 8:01 PM, LOLFORDAYS SAID:

If Rowdy is a side gig, then is he being paid his professional 9-5 rate during “rowdy” time? Or the $8 the cheerleaders get.

because this reads it is NOT part of his job. It is a separate “side gig”

Meaning he sets promotions up and does bookings for events...should have said it’s a part of the full time requirements. 

22 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

I would have absolutely no problem with the cheerleaders being paid $30k.  The Packers are a publicly owned team and are thus required by law to release their financials.  They had $420.9 million in expenses in 2017.  The Packers don't have cheerleaders, but for arguments sake, 36 cheerleaders making $30k adds up to $1.08 million in expenses.  That's 0.2% of the total expenses! Green Bay is the smallest market team in all of professional sports, and they have a healthy reserve fund of $380 million that would last for years, even if they stopped turning a profit (Which will never happen as long as the NFL is in business).  Annual profit and interest from the reserve fund added up to $63.4 million in net profit in 2017, a year in which many fans claimed they were done with the NFL due to various controversies.  Dallas is a considerably larger market with an owner worth an estimated $7 billion.  I don't think $30k is unreasonable at all.  

hence why so many teams deliberabtely ensure their cheerleaders are technically hired by a separate organisation, so they can't be privy to being an employee of a massive profit team.  they can get away with paying a pitance

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Using your entire revenue to pay the girls is not a good idea because there are expenses that need to get paid for like auditions, calendar shoot etc. etc. The girls' pay comes from the revenue they bring into the DCC Organization not by what the entire Cowboys Organization brings in. In my opinion, I do not think the girls should be getting $30,000 a year, but they should be getting the pay they earn from what they are being paid a hour along with their appearances and game day performances. If they are not getting their pay then I say go after the DCC Organization for it. And the sad fact is the DCCs are not the only ones who get the shaft when it comes to revenue or budget for pay. I worked in retail for nine years, and my pay and hours were based on not just the store I worked in brought in, but the other stores in the district. If other stores had less revenue and hours, my hours were cut with small pay raises. My husband pay and benefits depend on the MT Medicaid budget. Cuts in the Medicaid budget meant no decent pay raises in years, and the place he works for was willing to increase the pay of new employees to keep them, but employees like my husband who has worked for years at the same place have not received a decent pay raise in a long time. It is not right and definitely not fair.

I do remember Kelli saying the swimsuit calendars were being outsold by the sideline calendars. I now wonder if the big part of the reason why the show is moving along is the fact Kelli and Charlotte want to increase the DCC Organization revenue and using the show to do it. They may be feeling the heat by the lawsuits against NFL teams for the low cheerleader pay and the crappy way the girls are treated. $175.00 pay for an all day home game is the highest in the NFL pays cheerleaders, so they may treat the DCCs a little better, but not by much. I personally do not understand why any girl would put up with the low pay and signing their life over to be one, but to each their own.

13 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

hence why so many teams deliberabtely ensure their cheerleaders are technically hired by a separate organisation, so they can't be privy to being an employee of a massive profit team.  they can get away with paying a pitance

Absolutely.  When professional sports leagues have strikes and bring in replacement players, it's blatantly obvious to the average fan how inferior the players are and how much the product suffers without the real pros.  The problem that DCC and other cheerleaders face is that, no matter how talented these women are, if all 36 girls went on strike in protest, would the average fan in the stands notice a difference if the DCC picked the next best 36 as replacement cheerleaders? That has nothing to do with the current DCC talent, it's because 99% of football fans are ignorant to what it takes to be a DCC.  That includes myself up until a few years ago.  

That's what makes Charlotte the least respectable person on the show for me.  She is in a unique position that should allow her to fully integrate these women into the organization and compensate them accordingly.  Professional cheerleaders have begun to speak out and draw attention to the pay issue.  They now need someone in a position of power to take up their cause in order to enact change.  She talks about emboldening women, women's rights, and women in leadership, etc.  All good things.  But if you're not going to walk the walk, then don't talk the talk.  

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

My main issue isnt so about the cheerleaders getting paid less than they contribute, as I think it’s orobsbly tough to quantify their value to the organization (I also think Erica absolutely had a legit FLSA claim, but that’s a different issue), and more about how they want to pretend that it’s just a part-time job. A part time job where you’re supposed to have another real job or be in school, while at the same time, treating it like it’s “the job” that takes precedence over everything else.....Practice until the crack of dawn, appearances all over the place, 2 week trips out of the country for a swim suit shoot, etc.  And don’t forget that you better not be less than 30 mins early for an appearance or you’re late, and that’s a cardinal sin! Apparently, the real job is supposed to be the accommodating one. 

At the end of the day, I get that it is what it is. Some girls have the type of flexible job where they can make it work, and others are fine just teaching Zumba classes while they’re a DCC. It just annoys me though when they don’t understand why Kristen is behind (because she works! And she can’t spend all day in front of a mirror practing), or when Kelli looks semi-worried that Ashley has put her career on hold while she’s trying to make DCC, or when they put on the UCLA mock graduation to pretend like they’re so into education. Spare me. 

I think what ultimately happens is you weed out a lot of girls who just can’t afford to do DCC. I don’t want to name names, but going back there definitely are girls who aren’t in school and don’t have real jobs (living off their well-to-do parents) who can afford to pursue their dance dream for awhile before moving on to something else. While I know DCC likes to highlight all the women who “do-it-all” I doubt they’re the majority. I don’t know how many great dancers they lose because they can’t afford, but DCC does come across as a bit of a spoiled rich girl click. 

And I’ve known other cheerleaders on other NFL squads. They’re usually older and have bartending jobs that pay well without a lot of time commitments. I’m not sure if that “image” flies with DCC being so pure and wholesome. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I’ve known other cheerleaders on other NFL squads. They’re usually older and have bartending jobs that pay well without a lot of time commitments. I’m not sure if that “image” flies with DCC being so pure and wholesome. 

I rewatched the season Danielle was a rookie candidate, and it did not fly with Kelli when Danielle said she got a callback for a waitress job, I don't doubt Kelli would like "bartender" even less.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Using your entire revenue to pay the girls is not a good idea because there are expenses that need to get paid for like auditions, calendar shoot etc. etc. The girls' pay comes from the revenue they bring into the DCC Organization not by what the entire Cowboys Organization brings in. In my opinion, I do not think the girls should be getting $30,000 a year, but they should be getting the pay they earn from what they are being paid a hour along with their appearances and game day performances. If they are not getting their pay then I say go after the DCC Organization for it. And the sad fact is the DCCs are not the only ones who get the shaft when it comes to revenue or budget for pay. I worked in retail for nine years, and my pay and hours were based on not just the store I worked in brought in, but the other stores in the district. If other stores had less revenue and hours, my hours were cut with small pay raises. My husband pay and benefits depend on the MT Medicaid budget. Cuts in the Medicaid budget meant no decent pay raises in years, and the place he works for was willing to increase the pay of new employees to keep them, but employees like my husband who has worked for years at the same place have not received a decent pay raise in a long time. It is not right and definitely not fair.

I do remember Kelli saying the swimsuit calendars were being outsold by the sideline calendars. I now wonder if the big part of the reason why the show is moving along is the fact Kelli and Charlotte want to increase the DCC Organization revenue and using the show to do it. They may be feeling the heat by the lawsuits against NFL teams for the low cheerleader pay and the crappy way the girls are treated. $175.00 pay for an all day home game is the highest in the NFL pays cheerleaders, so they may treat the DCCs a little better, but not by much. I personally do not understand why any girl would put up with the low pay and signing their life over to be one, but to each their own.

I'm not saying use your entire revenue to pay them.  Using the numbers above, it's note even close to all the revenue.   There would be added expenses besides just pay that you mentioned, but not enough to make it substantial.  We were talking about 0.2%.  Even if it quintuples, we're now up to 1%.  I know that the DCC has their own organization.  I'm suggesting they be made a part of the Cowboys organization.  They have the financial capabilities.  If the smallest team in sports does, why wouldn't the self-branded America's Team? They talk about how culturally important the DCC is, but it's run just like any professional cheerleading squad.  I feel the Cowboys and DCC organizations have the ability to change that.  I don't expect it to happen anytime soon, if ever, but since the topic of cheerleader pay came up, I thought I'd provide some contextual data.  

• Love 8

At the time, the economy had taken a big dump and the job market suffered. I think Danielle was pretty much willing to take whatever paying job she could find. 

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I rewatched the season Danielle was a rookie candidate, and it did not fly with Kelli when Danielle said she got a callback for a waitress job, I don't doubt Kelli would like "bartender" even less.

Edited by tinabee1967
4 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Hopefully that's on the way to changing thanks to the cheerleaders who have recently spoken out about the salary issue.  Unfortunately, it takes brave individuals to stand up for themselves and others, even if it means potentially sacrificing their career.  In the 1963 NBA All-Star Game, the players refused to come out of the locker room in protest of the low salaries they were making.  In 1969, Curt Flood challenged the reserve clause in Major League Baseball, which led to the creation of free agency and the increase in baseball players salaries.  During that era, professional athletes had to take off-season jobs in order to support their families, but look at them now.  I don't think cheerleaders will ever be making millions of dollars a year, but I hope the recent media attention being paid to the issue will allow them to be making more than the $1500 the average cheerleader is making now.  

Exactly.   If women would stop being petty and jealous of each other as a whole, and supported their fellow women when they try to forge new ground for the gender, we’d be much further a long than we are.  It’s such a big difference between women and men and I swear it’s why we make less money in our professions and have less leadership representation in both government and business. 

The fact that Erica is trying to do something that could get all professional sports cheerleaders (not just DCC) better pay, and all people can focus is that she left her locker room imprisonment to drink a beer at a football game proves this point.  Do you think when those NBA and MLB players tried to make their stand, all the other players nit picked at that person’s behavior and found reasons they shouldn’t be fighting for more money/rights for the group?  I’m sure they didn’t!  But that’s what women do to each other.

Erica is a talented dancer and a beautiful and fit woman.  She represented the DCC brand well for many seasons both on the show and at games/appearances.   If it isn’t her place to file a lawsuit for higher wages, who should?  And why does that person need to be perfect in every way?   If everyone is against her cause she wasn’t the best DCC, and agrees that the mascot dude deserves more money, then how will things ever change?

• Love 16
1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Oh she looks so much better there, younger and fresher than a DCC

I love her with the longer hair :) That was either in 2012 or 2013. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Breslyn said:
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope iTunes and Amazon have the new episode ready to watch tomorrow morning. I need my fix. *lol*

No kidding! The last two weeks I’ve suffered for HOURS as I await the upload. I’m going to be chomping at the bit to see the whole Jinelle/VK drama, and I won’t be able to come here cuz I don’t want to spoil the suspense!

I never watch it on Thursday night, but I come here first thing every friday morning to get the scoop! I want to know what everyone is saying right away! LOL 

• Love 1

Pay the cheerleaders more. Is it really $75 a game? If so, that is nuts. Game day probably is an all day affair. Girls should be making way more than that. I also hope they have health insurance. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Hopefully that's on the way to changing thanks to the cheerleaders who have recently spoken out about the salary issue.  Unfortunately, it takes brave individuals to stand up for themselves and others, even if it means potentially sacrificing their career.  In the 1963 NBA All-Star Game, the players refused to come out of the locker room in protest of the low salaries they were making.  In 1969, Curt Flood challenged the reserve clause in Major League Baseball, which led to the creation of free agency and the increase in baseball players salaries.  During that era, professional athletes had to take off-season jobs in order to support their families, but look at them now.  I don't think cheerleaders will ever be making millions of dollars a year, but I hope the recent media attention being paid to the issue will allow them to be making more than the $1500 the average cheerleader is making now.  

Basic economics show that the pay will not increase dramatically any time soon.  It is supply and demand.  They still have girls willing to audition, knowing full well what the pay will be.  As long as there are girls willing to do it, the pay will remain relatively low.  Professional sports athletes have unions, which led to the increase in salaries and better work rules.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Basic economics show that the pay will not increase dramatically any time soon.  It is supply and demand.  They still have girls willing to audition, knowing full well what the pay will be.  As long as there are girls willing to do it, the pay will remain relatively low.  Professional sports athletes have unions, which led to the increase in salaries and better work rules.  

You could argue that even if they didn’t pay professional football, basketball and baseball players millions that people would still be lining up to play - and they probably would.  Pro athletes love playing their sport and the excitement of competing - I bet many, many of them would still do it if the pay was low.  And owners took advantage of this for years until they banded together and affected change.

Yeah they can can still have the game without the dancers, but they still bring an entertainment factor that is worth more than $75 per game per girl.   Especially for a squad as famous as the DCC.

Edited by MyFavShows
26 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Exactly.   If women would stop being petty and jealous of each other as a whole, and supported their fellow women when they try to forge new ground for the gender, we’d be much further a long than we are.  It’s such a big difference between women and men and I swear it’s why we make less money in our professions and have less leadership representation in both government and business. 

The fact that Erica is trying to do something that could get all professional sports cheerleaders (not just DCC) better pay, and all people can focus is that she left her locker room imprisonment to drink a beer at a football game proves this point.  Do you think when those NBA and MLB players tried to make their stand, all the other players nit picked at that person’s behavior and found reasons they shouldn’t be fighting for more money/rights for the group?  I’m sure they didn’t!  But that’s what women do to each other.

Erica is a talented dancer and a beautiful and fit woman.  She represented the DCC brand well for many seasons both on the show and at games/appearances.   If it isn’t her place to file a lawsuit for higher wages, who should?  And why does that person need to be perfect in every way?   If everyone is against her cause she wasn’t the best DCC, and agrees that the mascot dude deserves more money, then how will things ever change?

when you've got players that are under investigation for assault, sexual assault, tax evasion etc, still playing,s till earning millions and their fans baying for them to be allowed to play despite it all, people attacking Erica for being 'bitter' after being fired for leaving a locker room to sit in the stands is hilarious and a dazzling display of some ingrained misogyny. of the two, I'd rather support her, than a player thats under investigation for assault yet still plays and still earns millions with fans proclaiming they must be the most innocent babe that ever was born because they happen to catch a ball well, despite medical records or multiple witnesses to a an actual crime.

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

when you've got players that are under investigation for assault, sexual assault, tax evasion etc, still playing,s till earning millions and their fans baying for them to be allowed to play despite it all, people attacking Erica for being 'bitter' after being fired for leaving a locker room to sit in the stands is hilarious and a dazzling display of some ingrained misogyny. of the two, I'd rather support her, than a player thats under investigation for assault yet still plays and still earns millions with fans proclaiming they must be the most innocent babe that ever was born because they happen to catch a ball well, despite medical records or multiple witnesses to a an actual crime.

It is mysogyny and a huge double standard.

People will look the other way when it comes to horrible low character behavior when it comes to men who are good at their jobs, but a woman becomes good at her job, it seems like everyone actually starts digging and searching for whatever they can find to tear her down and discredit her.

It happens all the time, and what is sad is I think it’s other women who do most of the discrediting/tearing down of successful women out of some deep seeded jealousy or resentment.   I could list examples of this, but it might take the thread way too off topic and I’d get in trouble ;).

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

The Packers are a publicly owned team and are thus required by law to release their financials.  They had $420.9 million in expenses in 2017.  The Packers don't have cheerleaders, but for arguments sake, 36 cheerleaders making $30k adds up to $1.08 million in expenses. 

The packers have cheerleaders from two local universities performing at their home games. Do they disclose how much they pay them?

• Love 1

Given that 70% of female college athlete injuries are cheerleaders (and I recognise that obviously most collegiate cheer is 'true' cheer rather than dance like the DCC and therefore more dangerous what with fliers and tumbling etc) what sort of insurance is there for the squad? do they have to fund their own? are they covered by DCC for any injuries that are incurred during practice and game?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

The packers have cheerleaders from two local universities performing at their home games. Do they disclose how much they pay them?

The collegiate cheerleaders aren't at every home game, but rather make publicity appearances at a few games a year. They are not affiliated with the Packers, but rather their respective universities.  As a result, they are forbidden from being paid per NCAA regulations.  

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Pay the cheerleaders more. Is it really $75 a game? If so, that is nuts. Game day probably is an all day affair. Girls should be making way more than that. I also hope they have health insurance. 

The girls are paid $175 per home game performance.

47 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I have nothing against Erica fighting for better pay and fair and equal pay. My problem is she lied about why she left the squad in the first place, and she tried to get back on the squad after being cut, but Charlotte said no. Also if the pay was so bad, why the heck did was she on the team for three years and going for her fourth year. If the guy who is Rowdy was getting paid $65,000 a year just for being Rowdy and did not have a regular full time job with the Cowboys Organization, then yes I definitely say something is seriously wrong. And what has been said on here, I do not think Erica was representing the DCC Organization well especially if she was caught breaking a rule during the Canton HOF Game while her boss Jerry Jones was being honored. That is a true blue not honoring the organization and the team owner/manager moment. Sorry but after why she was cut will be brought up because she filed her lawsuit against the Cowboys and lied about what really happened by people because it can look like she is trying to get even with Jerry, Charlotte and Kelli.

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I have nothing against Erica fighting for better pay and fair and equal pay. My problem is she lied about why she left the squad in the first place, and she tried to get back on the squad after being cut, but Charlotte said no. Also if the pay was so bad, why the heck did was she on the team for three years and going for her fourth year. If the guy who is Rowdy was getting paid $65,000 a year just for being Rowdy and did not have a regular full time job with the Cowboys Organization, then yes I definitely say something is seriously wrong. And what has been said on here, I do not think Erica was representing the DCC Organization well especially if she was caught breaking a rule during the Canton HOF Game while her boss Jerry Jones was being honored. That is a true blue not honoring the organization and the team owner/manager moment. Sorry but after why she was cut will be brought up because she filed her lawsuit against the Cowboys and lied about what really happened by people because it can look like she is trying to get even with Jerry, Charlotte and Kelli.

That is incorrect. 

44 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Preach!

• Love 3

Also on the subject of Rowdy she says "'I was on an appearance one time, and talking to the Rowdy. He basically said, ‘I book my own appearances a lot of times, so . . . I can make up to six figures.’” After doing a bit of research, Wilkins discovered that the man who plays Rowdy makes an annual salary of $65,000. “I was definitely stunned, shocked,” she said."

22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And look at what Ezekiel Elliott did - and the Cowboys organization and the players union were fighting FOR him to be allowed to play.

But heaven forbid a cheerleader has a beer and lies about the reason she wasn’t cheering anymore.  Like nobody ever makes up a story to cover for why they got fired from a job?

And I doubt she was even doing it to “get even” cause she was mad she was fired, but more cause she realized how much they ripped her off all those years and didn’t have anything to lose anymore.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Right! Everyone always wants the perfect plaintiff with a spotless record, but outside of a union-type of setting where people have collective bargaining rights, typically the only people willing to put themselves out there and take on those in power are people who have left on bad terms or feel wronged in some way. They’re the ones who have nothing to lose. That’s just how it goes. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

And look at what Ezekiel Elliott did - and the Cowboys organization and the players union were fighting FOR him to be allowed to play.

But heaven forbid a cheerleader has a beer and lies about the reason she wasn’t cheering anymore.  Like nobody ever makes up a story to cover for why they got fired from a job?

And I doubt she was even doing it to “get even” cause she was mad she was fired, but more cause she realized how much they ripped her off all those years and didn’t have anything to lose anymore.

If she was so unhappy about the pay why go for her fourth year? She waited until she cut to file the lawsuit. It can look bad for her because people will question it especially since she is lying about being cut. And yes, I know people will lie about the reasons why they were fired. In my home state, a former U. S. Senator who was still in office at the time was getting ready to fire a woman because she was not doing her job. She knew she was going to get the axe, so she filed a sexual harassment suit against him saying he harassed her because she knew he was going to fire her. I believe she settled out of court even with the proof of her lying about the whole thing to save her bacon.

If Erica was willing to lie about why she is not with the team anymore, then any judge, lawyer or jury will look at the whole picture and think is she doing it to get even or is she really wanted to call out attention to the issue and help all cheerleaders out along with why were you trying out for your fourth year knowing how bad your pay was and why did you wait so long before saying I was not getting the pay I deserved. I bet if it did go to a jury they would have been asking the same thing.

1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

At the time, the economy had taken a big dump and the job market suffered. I think Danielle was pretty much willing to take whatever paying job she could find. 

Danielle was away from home & she needed a job.  I don't see any problem at all with being a server, Kelli was the one who had a problem.  I liked the exchange though, when Kelli said she doesn't want customers pinching Danielle's butt, and she was like "Oh no, that won't fly with me!"

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Danielle was away from home & she needed a job.  I don't see any problem at all with being a server, Kelli was the one who had a problem.  I liked the exchange though, when Kelli said she doesn't want customers pinching Danielle's butt, and she was like "Oh no, that won't fly with me!"

But Kelli does not mind comments made about the girls when they are in their uniforms or having them do the tacky swimsuit calendar runway show. I guess since those two thing are related to being a DCC it is all fine and dandy, but a guy being a little too friendly while Danielle was serving him is all wrong. Okay...

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

But Kelli does not mind comments made about the girls when they are in their uniforms or having them do the tacky swimsuit calendar runway show. I guess since those two thing are related to being a DCC it is all fine and dandy, but a guy being a little too friendly while Danielle was serving him is all wrong. Okay...

The DCC is a hugely hypocritical organisation (as are many of the cheerleading squads but esp the DCC) - the girls must appear to be sweet girl-next-door, take her home to meet your mother, church going modest Christian girls, while also selling the idea of them being sexually available at every moment.  they're selling the two fantasies - the 'good' girl and the 'sexy' girl and th girl must never waiver or even remotely be real or an actual person. just big hair, big boobs, big smile and yes ma'am.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah - if it’s a part time casual job then the strict attendance and punctuality stuff shouldn’t be a thing.  They want it to be causal, allow the girls to miss a few games or appearances if they need to.  Make things like the calendar shoot optional, be more flexible about practices so girls can attend their college graduation, etc.   If it’s supposed to rule your entire life and nothing but complete adherence to all rules is accepted, then pay them accordingly.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - if it’s a part time casual job then the strict attendance and punctuality stuff shouldn’t be a thing.  They want it to be causal, allow the girls to miss a few games or appearances if they need to.  Make things like the calendar shoot optional, be more flexible about practices so girls can attend their college graduation, etc.   If it’s supposed to rule your entire life and nothing but complete adherence to all rules is accepted, then pay them accordingly.

Problem is with their way of thinking is there is a girl who would be happy to take your place. They think the girls will jump at the chance to go perform, meet and greet the fans, and appear in the swimsuit calendar. It is just a big honor and privilege to be part of a so-called elite group of performers because we all know the DCCs are the best of the best.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Apparently her attitude was also a problem.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

The DCC is a hugely hypocritical organisation (as are many of the cheerleading squads but esp the DCC) - the girls must appear to be sweet girl-next-door, take her home to meet your mother, church going modest Christian girls, while also selling the idea of them being sexually available at every moment.  they're selling the two fantasies - the 'good' girl and the 'sexy' girl and th girl must never waiver or even remotely be real or an actual person. just big hair, big boobs, big smile and yes ma'am.

Yes, it is quite the dichotomy.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Problem is with their way of thinking is there is a girl who would be happy to take your place. They think the girls will jump at the chance to go perform, meet and greet the fans, and appear in the swimsuit calendar. It is just a big honor and privilege to be part of a so-called elite group of performers because we all know the DCCs are the best of the best.

Yeah, and they’re not wrong, sadly. I’m sure there are many girls who would be a DCC for free. However, that shouldn’t be a rationale for not paying more or providing better benefits if it’s deserved (I’m not suggesting that you were saying it was; I’m referring solely to tptb). The “any girl would love to be in your shoes” is basically used as a rationale to shame girls into not asking for better. There are plenty of people out there who would work for pennies if it was their dream job, and they had the means to do so, but that doesn’t mean that there shouldn’t be a minimum wage, for instance.

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Does anyone else find it ironic that one of the women fighting to become what is essentially a glamorized sex object wouldn't be aware of the #MeToo movement?

fitting, maybe, but not ironic

• Love 3
On 10/3/2018 at 5:01 PM, rose711 said:

Just saying our (my sister and mine) nanny is still an integral part of our family, comes on vacations and holidays with us. I’m not sure people understand what nannies actually do. It’s really common in nyc because kids have to be taken everywhere for everything. It’s like an extra family member for many people I know. She certainly didn’t take the place of our mom, aunts, cousins or grandmothers. She helps keep everything running smoothly.

I was a nanny years ago. I get the whole concept, especially for two working parents etc. My whole issue with the family I worked for, was they left before the kids woke up, and got home after they went to bed. Saturday was date night, so the only day they spent with their kids was Sunday. I know this isn't the normal, and people like this give others a bad name.

• Love 2