Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

No. They actually want us to believe they're gonna cut Jalyn...ha! They showed Tara and VK in the office and VK has on that "OMG I'm so ducking perfect, don't y'all just love me, but I really got poop smile" going on. 

She has said this is her last year. 

She isn't allowed to have 38. If she could, she would

They've had more than 36 before. Maybe it's a hard rule now?

• Love 1
Just now, go4luca said:

With all Kashara has achieved in the DCC world, I don't blame her.  Girl wants to do some hiking and spend some time with her bull riding beau.  Wonder if she'll be an All Star.  I'd love it if she did.

Exactly. There is nowhere else to go and it's best to leave on top. 

Back to the episode, I was glad to see that Ursala had finally given Judy back her voice for good. 

Just now, Muckypup61 said:

Didn't they have 38 the year Natalie and Loni were part of the team?

Yup, they have done it before, but not recently. With the amount of harping they have done on 36, I think it's coming from above her as a hard and fast rule. 

• Love 10

Excited to see this episode and watch Kash (apparently) speak truth to power. Y'all make this episode sound pretty fun! The complaints here about VK still being the constant talking head in this latest episode, however, like the 10 previous episodes make me wonder: If Kelli and co had so much to say about the inadequacies of VK's interview skills and her need to find her "words" and "stories," why on earth have the editors made VK the principal voice of the entire rookie class and show??? You know she's not ready, so, how about letting us hear more from the articulate and more mature rookies, some of whom actually make the team and the audience would like to get to know? Just saying. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

And finally, what the hell did Lily do? 

This is what I'd like to know.

(great re-cap on the rest, as always, even though I can't see it for another 20 minutes)

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

No. They actually want us to believe they're gonna cut Jalyn...ha! They showed Tara and VK in the office and VK has on that "OMG I'm so ducking perfect, don't y'all just love me, but I really got poop smile" going on. 

She has said this is her last year. 

She isn't allowed to have 38. If she could, she would. 

I think it was 38 or 39 in season 2 (2007) when Natalie, Kelli Jo, and Loni made the team.

• Love 1

So what is the deal with Tara? Did she have a weak season? I mean they would have cut her at auditions if she was bad so why now? Is she sick? Savannah messed up too and wasn't called in (that we saw).

• Love 6

Okay! I had to make an account just to ask...

is it just me or are Kelly and Judy soft this year? Any other year people making mistakes on dances they learned at the start of TC it’d be no question...CUT. But this year they are keeping them, and times they do bring someone in to cut they end up giving them another chance?!

Malena makes a million mistakes every week! She is beautiful, has a wonderful smile, speaks well, but the memory is not getting better and it’s too late to still be making these mistakes! The same reasons they gave for not wanting to cut Kristin (beautiful, good personality, good speaker, would be good at appearances) but cutting her (inconsistency) is the same for Malena as well!

Any other season they would have been cutting practically each week! I can’t remember them ever needing to make so many cuts still this late?

sorry if this stuff has already been mentioned! I just found this site last week and am so glad I did!! 

• Love 6

The last few times they've had more than 36 was Season 11, 8 and 7.

Season 11 (2016) had 37 (Maddie, Kelli, Heather & Yuko's rookie year)

Season 8 (2013) had 39 (JennK, Jinelle, Rachel & Samantha's rookie year)

Season 7 (2012) had 39 (Jacie, Kinzie, Danielle & Jenna's rookie year)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I want to know why Kelli has to keep it to 36 now. Someone said it was Charlotte’s decision. What—they can’t shell out a few more bucks for a couple of extra DCC? 

9 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I wonder if there were more injured ladies those years, especially if All-Stars weren’t available to fill in. I’m pretty sure Cassie performed as little as possible during  Season 7.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, M1977G said:

If Kelli and co had so much to say about the inadequacies of VK's interview skills and her need to find her "words" and "stories," why on earth have the editors made VK the principal voice of the entire rookie class and show??? You know she's not ready, so, how about letting us hear more from the articulate and more mature rookies, some of whom actually make the team and the audience would like to get to know? Just saying. 

Observation of the day!

i can’t wait to watch... have to wait for iTunes....

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tootie said:

Dang!! You are on it!! :-)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

But you have to stay!!!!  You'll miss us talking about who is coming back next season, who shouldn't have made it this year, who shouldn't have made it during Seasons 4, 7 and 11.  And of course, there is the instant replay of everything that happened this season.  We'll talk about Jenna/Holly/Erica and what happened with that.  We will discuss all of Kalyssa's latest photos.  We will talk about what Cassie and Ally did to Taylor.  We will moan and groan that we can't find the two hour special that started this all.  We will talk about who is gaining weight over the season, who seems to be lacking in power, any rumors that come out of the Star.  Who was point last year, who should have been point last year, who will be point next year.   I mean, we do keep busy :)

Have you ever considered running for office? Cause you just convinced me, a long-time lurker, to create an account and start joining in the fun.

Seriously, y'all are so entertaining and fun to read!

• Love 16

I think Tess is fine where she's at.  Gina...while she is a fantastic dancer, prob one of the strongest, I would have switched her and Lauren. Lacey should have been front and center...you all know I love Alexis, she's one of the prettiest on the team, but Lacey deserved that spot. I also think Lexie would have looked better where Savannah is and place Savannah in Lexie's spot.  I think Khalyn is in the perfect spot...when I look at the photo, my eye automatically goes straight to her then I scan the rest of the photo.  Khalyn is gorgeous! 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

With all Kashara has achieved in the DCC world, I don't blame her.  Girl wants to do some hiking and spend some time with her bull riding beau.  Wonder if she'll be an All Star.  I'd love it if she did.

I think they'd be foolish to not ask her to be an all star after she retires in 2019.  She's one of the most popular cheerleaders they've had in recent years :) 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

If she waits until the end, anything that could come out would come out, so that may also be it. That said, her second guessing herself is coming across as an ineffective leader. If I were Char watching this season, I'd be calling Kelli into my office and asking her if it needs to be her last night. This season has not been friendly for the DCC Management. 

Except Charlotte is a huge part of the reason VK is still there. THEY ALL WANT HER. Judy sees the light but was not going to be the first dissenter. 

7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

So what is the deal with Tara? Did she have a weak season? I mean they would have cut her at auditions if she was bad so why now? Is she sick? Savannah messed up too and wasn't called in (that we saw).

Savannah was called in, just not shown. They love her memory problems, huge teeth and bolt ons. Bc she's the only red head vet and somebody said she resembles Amy Adams (don't see it myself).

6 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Now that they have to pay the girls for rehearsals, I believe they are more budget conscious than years prior.

Yes. 

10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think the choreo guy is one of the best, as far as dancers go, but he had no idea what type of environment he was walking into and he talked down way too much. 

Kashara is probably the only one who could say that and get away with it. Lacey would be second. 

I think they are the only two who would have the balls to say it.  :)  that being said...Victoria is exuberant...I like her...and I hope she does calm down and come back next year.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Now that they have to pay the girls for rehearsals, I believe they are more budget conscious than years prior.

The girls have been paid for rehearsals for a few years. Several elements added to the budget last year and this year have made the “36” a hard number. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Oh, Tara...what is going on? Work woes? Boyfriend trouble? Health issues? She looks depressed. Her hair still looks limp and sad. Maybe she’s the one with a thyroid issue, not VK. I feel for her.

Kristin had always looked like a sad puppy (and someone else here said it) but tonight it was very obvious. Come back confident next year and you can nail it.

Kelli, you can compliment VK on her legs all you want. But if you’re going to rip apart girls like Liz Reuter, Megan Sharp and Grace Sells for being soft in the uniform, you cannot ignore VK’s belly. You make yourself the ultimate hypocrite when you choose to be blind to what we all see. Kitty’s “respect” for an 11-lb. gain be darned...

yeah, her practically whispered aside about midsection was blink and miss and nothing like what sh'd have done to another girl, and frankly, I saw nothing special about VK's legs at all

Kashara coming through with the win. God bless her.
Every time I see Maddie's hair this season I desperately need to fix it.  It looks more and more and more like a amorphic mophead. there's no movement, it just sits there. it looks awful to me. she needs cultivated curls or a better diffuser or something but i hate her hair so much.

While I liked the guest choreography, it did not fit the music at all. But Cianna was working it and looked awesome.  Maddie is looking increasingly soft int he midsection.  Calling out Bridget and making her stand alone in front of all the other girls to correct her was uncalled for. way to make her more nervous and just tell her 'figure that out' rather than helping her figure it out, and then continued to pick on her later. Malena didn't remember half the choreo and she gets nothing? not to mention she was rushing the choreo of a DCC dance.

HOW DID MALENA NOT GET CALLED INTO THE OFFICE??? even she looked damned shocked not to get called in

Oh the irony of VK talking about being poised and on best behaviour at all times...

sweet sweet etiquette lady, no the DCC are not role models for everybody.

as a question, how often would a DCC actually eat at an event? I always figured most events were meet/greet/dance style, rather than sit down meal style.

what the hell was in the lemon curd that made it green??? lemon curd should be yellow!

so deeply surprised they managed to not make Kristin's cut about VK

Vk's midsection during the leglift in the spot for next week...no.

so bummed I won't see next week until saturday

• Love 10
8 hours ago, M1977G said:

Excited to see this episode and watch Kash (apparently) speak truth to power. Y'all make this episode sound pretty fun! The complaints here about VK still being the constant talking head in this latest episode, however, like the 10 previous episodes make me wonder: If Kelli and co had so much to say about the inadequacies of VK's interview skills and her need to find her "words" and "stories," why on earth have the editors made VK the principal voice of the entire rookie class and show??? You know she's not ready, so, how about letting us hear more from the articulate and more mature rookies, some of whom actually make the team and the audience would like to get to know? Just saying. 

If Kelli has some control over what footage is used, then I think to give VK as much air time as possible, since she isnt making the team this year.  If Kelli has no say in what film makes it to tv, then I think the CMT people are building drama for the train wreck to come. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

If Kelli has some control over what footage is used, then I think to give VK as much air time as possible, since she isnt making the team this year.  If Kelli has no say in what film makes it to tv, then I think the CMT people are building drama for the train wreck to come. 

I cannot wait for her cut scene.  cannot wait. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

I really think Kelli got thrown by last years Jenna/Holly/Erica fiasco. I think she's just second-guessing herself too much.

I think she knows Victoria has to go but she wants to give her every minute she can. So she is cutting people who she can at least articulate some recent thing they did badly. 

She keeps saying she’s ready to cut victoria but she isn’t. It’s like she’s in serious denial of all the favoritism that Victoria has received. She even seem to ignore Kasharas comment rather than calling Victoria in for being a problem in the locker room.

im looking forward to rewatching old seasons and the old Kelli.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, M1977G said:

Maybe the CMT producers/editors did not like being told early on to prominently feature VK and are now, later into filming, enjoying the fact that they were told to feature her and are relishing what a nit wit she is.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, hereforthedrama said:

Anyone know what song Marty's choreography was really to? What a girl wants definitely did not show his musicality.

I think it was that song for sure because all the girls started singing it when he turned it off lol

12 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I think she knows Victoria has to go but she wants to give her every minute she can. So she is cutting people who she can at least articulate some recent thing they did badly. 

She keeps saying she’s ready to cut victoria but she isn’t. It’s like she’s in serious denial of all the favoritism that Victoria has received. She even seem to ignore Kasharas comment rather than calling Victoria in for being a problem in the locker room.

im looking forward to rewatching old seasons and the old Kelli.

I also kind of think, based on what happened with Kalyssa, Milan, and Alexandria during the season, she's hesitant too. I mean, Brennan, Taryn, and I forgot who was cut before her, would have been on the team if they'd quit that they were going to.

Which is also why I snorted when Kelli joked about someone wanting to quit when they make decisions.

I KIND of get a little bit of her hesitant decisions? It's like one girl is good at something, but not that great at another and another person is like the opposite of it. Like Malena would be a good ambassador, but her dancing isn't consistent. VK would be an ok dancer, but her body and poise is nowhere near ready. They loved Kristen because she would be a great ambassador, but her dancing wasn't there.

But at the same time, I say just cut them and tell them to take the year to really dial it up. I kind of think guilt may play into Kelli's hesitance to cut Malena. She quit a REALLY good job to try to make the team and she's well-spoken but I think the improvement that Kelly THOUGHT would happen during training camp just isn't there. 

• Love 3

With 36 being a hard number now, I'm surprised that they haven't made more cuts by this point in TC.  (of course we all know who gets cut and when...just surprised it took so long). 

• Love 2

I kind of wonder if Kelly knows cutting V is going to cause a fallout with Tina and isn't ready to deal with it. I would say she hates confrontations but she's ok with it regarding the other girls. I'm sure she's hoping for a miracle that suddenly V will be thinner so she doesn't have to deal with Tina or V being mad at her and making social interactions with the 2 families awkward. 

KaShara is so cool. I love her accent. I love the fact that she doesn't pretend to be who she's not. She would be so fun to hang out with. I remember her first training camp and she was cute, but now she is drop dead gorgeous yet natural. Maybe she learned better hair and makeup skills. She's evolved into a swan compared to that scared dancer who wore the wrong uniform one night and got called out. Just think: she could have been cut for that and we never would have see her evolution and DCC would have missed out on one of the most fantastic ambassadors ever. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Calling out Bridget and making her stand alone in front of all the other girls to correct her was uncalled for. way to make her more nervous and just tell her 'figure that out' rather than helping her figure it out, and then continued to pick on her later. Malena didn't remember half the choreo and she gets nothing? not to mention she was rushing the choreo of a DCC dance.

HOW DID MALENA NOT GET CALLED INTO THE OFFICE??? even she looked damned shocked not to get called in

Agreed!!

The choreographer called out the 3 to tell them how great they did and have them do it again, then he calls Bridget out and she comes out smiling and excited (probably thinking he’s going to say something nice) then basically picks on her while she’s standing there alone in front of everyone! Uncalled for!!

Again, agreed!!! Malena is ALWAYS making big memory mistakes and it hardly gets mentioned! I hated it when choreographers would come in and say how beautiful she is...yes, she’s beautiful, but she can’t remember half the dance!! And she’s still making mistakes on dances they learned at the start of TC! They keep saying, “Oh, I just don’t know how where going to cut the group down to 36?!” I know!!! Start cutting people that are still making mistakes this close to the end, cut VK who gained a ton of weight in a few weeks and who you tried to help lose weight that didn’t take the help!! Ugh!!!

48 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I’m looking forward to rewatching old seasons and the old Kelli.

Me too!!! I miss the old Kelli that didn’t seem afraid to cut someone and say what we all were thinking!!! 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

VK will be back. Mark my words RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW. She'll get rid of that tire and have a big comeback redemption story about how she grew up and leaned out, so sorry she was so immature, but she's a GROWN WOMAN now. 

I will probably not watch that season at all! I am just going to read about it on this forum, because you guys definitely have made this season the best ever for me!!! I am only looking forward to next season to read all your comments! Love you guys!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

I kind of wonder if Kelly knows cutting V is going to cause a fallout with Tina and isn't ready to deal with it. I would say she hates confrontations but she's ok with it regarding the other girls. I'm sure she's hoping for a miracle that suddenly V will be thinner so she doesn't have to deal with Tina or V being mad at her and making social interactions with the 2 families awkward. 

KaShara is so cool. I love her accent. I love the fact that she doesn't pretend to be who she's not. She would be so fun to hang out with. I remember her first training camp and she was cute, but now she is drop dead gorgeous yet natural. Maybe she learned better hair and makeup skills. She's evolved into a swan compared to that scared dancer who wore the wrong uniform one night and got called out. Just think: she could have been cut for that and we never would have see her evolution and DCC would have missed out on one of the most fantastic ambassadors ever. 

awwww I remember when Kashara wore the wrong uniform and I remember rollig my eyes that it was stupid to ahve different uniforms for different trianing days. yes you could consider it a test of memory and ability to follow instruction etc, but it was pointless. much easier to have everyone wear the same thing every night pink and blue

• Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:01 PM, TUOwl84 said:

What a shame about Taylor T.  Kelli and Judy initially liked her for her dancing until the #Metoo comment.  I honestly cannot believe she does not have a TV.  Who doesn't have a tv in their home nowadays?  Thats really surprising.  But anyway, I hope she can redeem herself in next years panel interviews, because I am sure they will be watching her closely, or I do not see her coming back to TC.

My daughter (24) also named Taylor doesn't own a TV. 

Just watched and I loved every minute of it! Go, Jinelle, stepping in for cameo shoots and giving positive direction like a boss! Yassss, KaShara, tell it like it is! I absolutely loved seeing the meeting with group leaders, and I want more of that every season. I thought Marty was a great guest choreographer, and while I'm sure he scared the crap out of Bridget calling her to the mat like that, my sense was that he wanted to build her up and push her to call on her confidence because he saw tremendous talent in her. For me, his feedback to her after the pom routine supported my feeling--he was like, see? You rock the dance floor, so don't forget that and bring it all the time. Love that he called Lacey a rock star, and I guess I'm happy for Maddie that he said that to her, too, but I'm just not a Maddie fan and I thought she was the least awesome of the three he called out to dance together. MAddie has good dance vibes with the music, for sure, but I am distracted by her appearance--more so now that she's gaining weight. How could Tasha look so amazing at the cameo shoot and they come up with a cameo for the season where she looks like some kind of clown makeup is running from under her eyes? I, like so many of y'all, am baffled. That screen shot of VK on the cameo monitor with the profound side roll was almost stupifying to me--how did they not drag her to My Fit Foods or whatever it is and/or cut her already? I think she is the one who made Amy stumble on the field during the kick line; it looked like VK was pulling down on her too hard. Taylor vs VK was like night and day with the offer of resources to help be/stay in physical shape to make the team. Taylor, can you be available early next week if we can get you an appointment? Absolutely! VK, can you go to this doctor's appointment? [Crickets...] Bless Tara's heart (truly, not snidely). I hope she's continuing with the self-care. Something definitely was going on with her. 

• Love 14

This episode was good but there were cuts that should have been made.  Uh, so tired of VK.  She would not be a good DCC.  She doesn’t have maturity, she is not graceful, and her speaking skills are terrible.  She said quail is seafood!  My goodness.  It surprises me seeing who her family is, you think she would have some kind of polish.  I don’t think we have ever seen a DCC candidate so unprofessional and immature. Even when VK and Dayton got called in for the third time, Dayton seemed concerned and sad.  VK just acted all goofy and isn’t taking it serious at all, compared to any other girl who has been called in.  I have 3 little girls and I would be so embarrassed if my girls ever acted like that at 18.  My parents taught me there is a time to be serious and a time to be goofy.  That is how we teach our girls.  You be respectful to adults and the people around you, listen, and have manners.  

I’m not even going to talk about her cameo and Kelli’s comments.  If it was any other candidate with that kind of weight gain shown they would have been cut at that following practice.  Personally, Lacy and Rachel (rookie candidate) had the best hair and legs.  I love kashara, she has been one of my favorites since her first year.  You could tell Kashara was contemplating about going against VK.  You could also see that all the group leaders knew what needed to be said, but only Kashara could go there.  Kelli didn’t look to pleased after she said that.  Rookie Erin looks so much better this year.  I like that there was more dancing and yay for Maddie being called out by someone she admires.  What an awesome moment for her!  So glad we are finally seeing more Tcc.  

• Love 17
11 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

i wonder what the tipping point is for Tara? She is not going to come in 11 pounds heavier....Kelli is rooting for her. It has to be a doozy, like dancing off the field into the parking lot

I would pay money to see that.

Seriously it was sad to watch and going back to JohnGalt hints about vets being on the bubble, I would bet that Savannah was thisclose to being cut.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Omg, Kashara for the futher mucking win, tonight! She said about VK, sometimes and look and at her and say- "did you even think before you said that?"

Also VK...a bull in a china shop...it's- a bull in a china shop...

Oy vey!

That was awesome, I was like YES Kashara :)

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Just watched and I loved every minute of it! Go, Jinelle, stepping in for cameo shoots and giving positive direction like a boss! Yassss, KaShara, tell it like it is! I absolutely loved seeing the meeting with group leaders, and I want more of that every season. I thought Marty was a great guest choreographer, and while I'm sure he scared the crap out of Bridget calling her to the mat like that, my sense was that he wanted to build her up and push her to call on her confidence because he saw tremendous talent in her. For me, his feedback to her after the pom routine supported my feeling--he was like, see? You rock the dance floor, so don't forget that and bring it all the time. Love that he called Lacey a rock star, and I guess I'm happy for Maddie that he said that to her, too, but I'm just not a Maddie fan and I thought she was the least awesome of the three he called out to dance together. MAddie has good dance vibes with the music, for sure, but I am distracted by her appearance--more so now that she's gaining weight. How could Tasha look so amazing at the cameo shoot and they come up with a cameo for the season where she looks like some kind of clown makeup is running from under her eyes? I, like so many of y'all, am baffled. That screen shot of VK on the cameo monitor with the profound side roll was almost stupifying to me--how did they not drag her to My Fit Foods or whatever it is and/or cut her already? I think she is the one who made Amy stumble on the field during the kick line; it looked like VK was pulling down on her too hard. Taylor vs VK was like night and day with the offer of resources to help be/stay in physical shape to make the team. Taylor, can you be available early next week if we can get you an appointment? Absolutely! VK, can you go to this doctor's appointment? [Crickets...] Bless Tara's heart (truly, not snidely). I hope she's continuing with the self-care. Something definitely was going on with her. 

20 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

This episode was good but there were cuts that should have been made.  Uh, so tired of VK.  She would not be a good DCC.  She doesn’t have maturity, she is not graceful, and her speaking skills are terrible.  She said quail is seafood!  My goodness.  It surprises me seeing who her family is, you think she would have some kind of polish.  I don’t think we have ever seen a DCC candidate so unprofessional and immature. Even when VK and Dayton got called in for the third time, Dayton seemed concerned and sad.  VK just acted all goofy and isn’t taking it serious at all, compared to any other girl who has been called in.  I have 3 little girls and I would be so embarrassed if my girls ever acted like that at 18.  My parents taught me there is a time to be serious and a time to be goofy.  That is how we teach our girls.  You be respectful to adults and the people around you, listen, and have manners.  

I’m not even going to talk about her cameo and Kelli’s comments.  If it was any other candidate with that kind of weight gain shown they would have been cut at that following practice.  Personally, Lacy and Rachel (rookie candidate) had the best hair and legs.  I love kashara, she has been one of my favorites since her first year.  You could tell Kashara was contemplating about going against VK.  You could also see that all the group leaders knew what needed to be said, but only Kashara could go there.  Kelli didn’t look to pleased after she said that.  Rookie Erin looks so much better this year.  I like that there was more dancing and yay for Maddie being called out by someone she admires.  What an awesome moment for her!  So glad we are finally seeing more Tcc.  

singled out rather than called out. if he'd called her out I doubt she'd have been as happy as she was.

I hated the guest choreography in last nights episode.  I found it very boring and not really hip hop like.  I kept waiting for more, but it didn't happen.  At least from what they showed.

• Love 16