Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, heckkitty said:

It’s probably just the angle on this or something, but brunette vet on the far right (Rachel?? Molly??) looks about 18 feet tall in this. Agree that Lacey should be featured more - I thought she’d be front & center.  And Khalyn too. 

I don’t feel like they’re hiding Christina. She’s right behind Yuko, & more or less even with Rachel, Lauren, & a blind 2nd year i’m having trouble identifying.  & I think she looks cute. 

Why is Gina sitting on the floor right up front? She has only been on the team for two years! She is not camera friendly! (Sorry, I know that is petty and rude, and she is way better looking than I ever was, but that is how I feel).

Edited by jlc
Apologizing for being catty!
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Is it just me or does the grouping and the posing seem a little off -- like there gaps in between the girls?

It looks "empty" up front and "crowded" in the last two rows.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Nope, not just you :)  I don't like the 1st row, you have Gina & Heather on the ends, Alexis and Tess in the center, then "Oh, right, we forgot about Lacey, let's plop her over here."  The symmetry is gone with putting her where they did.

OK, I thought it was just me!  It's not the perfect picture it could be.

21 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Yeah, not a fan of the collegiate look. The shorts are okay, but I really like the skirt. Can't picture DCC in skirts, though. The shorts are just too iconic.

It's a great look for visiting schools and other community projects where there are young kids.  It's really where you see them in this uniform the most.  

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, jlc said:

Why is Gina sitting on the floor right up front? She has only been on the team for two years! She is not camera friendly! (Sorry, I know that is petty and rude, and she is way better looking than I ever was, but that is how I feel).

Because when Kash and Lacey go....ding! ding! ding!  our little Gina will be the IT GIRL!  Point, GL, everything.......and they want to keep her happy now.

• Love 4

My guess is that Lacey's not front and center because she was front and center last year. I'm actually surprised Kashara didn't get Alexis' spot. And I'm surprised Savannah wasn't somewhere in the middle since they have so few redheads now. Or Khalyn.

download.jpg

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Lacey absolutely should've been front and center by any measure.  I also thought she should've been point, no disrespect to Maddie.  I guess I just have a huge crush on Lacey.  She's the VK to my Kelli. 

She's not up front because she was front and center last year.  danielle was front and center in season 10 and then was moved the next year.  Just the way they do it. 

3 minutes ago, cgloss said:

My guess is that Lacey's not front and center because she was front and center last year. I'm actually surprised Kashara didn't get Alexis' spot. And I'm surprised Savannah wasn't somewhere in the middle since they have so few redheads now. Or Khalyn.

download.jpg

ha!  didn't see we said the same thing regarding lacey.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

So, during last week's calendar reveal episode. Am I the only one that noticed that Tara was not featured in any of them! Five calendars and no Tara! At that very moment is when she should of become worried about her spot. IMO, when the camera captured her in that scene, she just did not look well. I was also shocked that she had her glasses on in the DCC world.. 

Not odd because they don't show every reveal on the show.   I'd be interested to know if she is in the 2,000 calendars they have. 

32 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Tara might be in the 365 days a year desk top calendar. I have seen vets who were cut at finals made the one daily calendar.

Ok, so I just went online and I found Tara on a calendar. So, that kills my theory on weight being the reason she was cut. 

Edited by DCCFAN71

I'm now rewatching season 11.  Maybe it's not rewatching and just watching, because nothing seems really familiar to me.  In episode 2, for example, Brennan said something I never knew, that she is an ordained minister.  Imagine all the DCC weddings she can do!  Also, I remember people talking about Tess and her curly hair.  As a rule I hate curly hair...I have curly hair and fry it with a flat iron...but I am shocked at how much better I think her hair looked that way!

44 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Not odd because they don't show every reveal on the show.   I'd be interested to know if she is in the 2,000 calendars they have. 

It looked to me like the group photo on the main calendar had Jenna in it to the right of KaShara.

9 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Me too!

Me too! :(

Tara is in the main swimsuit calendar and the sideline calendar.  (She's more than likely in the desk box set and there's no way to tell who the 12 are on the desk pad--besides Lacey and Gina.)

I find it strange that Tasha isn't in either of the two wall calendars... she is in the sideline one, though.

2018-10-10 (2).png

2018-10-10 (3).png

2018-10-10 (4).png

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I'm not sure why people are saying it's not symmetrical??

Looking at it a 2nd time, Lacey doesn't so much look jammed in, it's how the legs are bent.  As you can see, Alexis' legs are bent to our left and Tess' are bent to our right, which makes it look like they should be the only 2 there, but then you have Lacey in the same position as Alexis.  Maybe Alexis should have been sitting with knees bent straight & sitting on her heels?

11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Looking at it a 2nd time, Lacey doesn't so much look jammed in, it's how the legs are bent.  As you can see, Alexis' legs are bent to our left and Tess' are bent to our right, which makes it look like they should be the only 2 there, but then you have Lacey in the same position as Alexis.  Maybe Alexis should have been sitting with knees bent straight & sitting on her heels?

Or she could've pulled a "Kelli Finglass" to look different from Lacey & Tess!!   lol

1988 dcc - Copy.jpg

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Nope, not just you :)  I don't like the 1st row, you have Gina & Heather on the ends, Alexis and Tess in the center, then "Oh, right, we forgot about Lacey, let's plop her over here."  The symmetry is gone with putting her where they did.

Seriously wonder if Heather up front was proof she's not in the dog house, and Lacey not further up means they're sort of over her. Not that she's done anything wrong, but when it's known it's your last year, youre kind of an afterthought sometimes. 

OMG KELLI could she be posed more awkward while also screaming LOOK AT ME I WILL BE FRONT AND CENTER EVEN IF I HAVE TO CRAWL MY WAY ON TOP OF PEOPLE.

17 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Or she could've pulled a "Kelli Finglass" to look different from Lacey & Tess!!   lol

1988 dcc - Copy.jpg

3 hours ago, jlc said:

YAASSS. I agree with all this. Get ready to see her up in the triangle, especially with Kashara, Lacey and probably Maddie retiring. 

• Love 1
On 10/4/2018 at 9:33 PM, scorpio1031 said:

When people talk about it's all over social media, I understand that, but if your friends don't discuss current events or just refer to something, you aren't getting the full picture.  That's why I think you have to read newspapers online, or look at CNN.com or something like that.

The best way to get well rounded information is to watch all kinds of news shows and read different papers. Just watching CNN will give you just a one sided opinion. I encourage my kids to watch and ready everything.

• Love 3

My guess Gina is going to be point next year.  Great dancer.  Pretty although sometimes her face can look harsh when she squints.  They keep pairing her with Kashara appearances at the school, roommates in Oxnard, etc.   I see this as TPTB want some of Kash's natural leadership, sense of fun, and overall great treatment of people to rub off on Gina.  Gina has come along way on being more of a team player.  You can see in socail media she is true friends with most of the squad.  Maddie is an amazing dancer.  I just don't see her at point because she is more cutesy than pretty.  Lacey and Kashara will be gone.  Alexis is beautiful but not the strongest dancer.  Little Kelli great dancer but I don't see her as the face of DCC even though she made cover girl.  (and the anointed one should have followed Kelli around who is so tiny and snacks so healthy)

and I miss John Galt's insight and what seemed to be love for the girls.

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

The best way to get well rounded information is to watch all kinds of news shows and read different papers. Just watching CNN will give you just a one sided opinion. I encourage my kids to watch and ready everything.

I would also through in a news source from across the pond. Always interesting to see how the world perceives the top news  stories. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

and I miss John Galt's insight and what seemed to be love for the girls.

I know I sound silly since this is just a discussion board but I also very much miss John Galt.  His/her insight kept wild rumors in check and allowed us more human based insight.  

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I know I sound silly since this is just a discussion board but I also very much miss John Galt.  His/her insight kept wild rumors in check and allowed us more human based insight.  

I've been missing them as well. I appreciated the fact he/she really cared about the girls and gave insight while still being careful not to be harsh about the things they posted. 

Regarding the team photo - I noticed Christina was kind of off with the rookies more than any other vet too. It does seem a little off with Lacey and Alexis posed sitting and then just Tess poses the opposite direction. The OCD in me thi is there should be either another girl by Tess or Alexis should be more towards the center with Lacey/Tess (or whatever girl is in that position) bracketing them. Hope that makes sense! Other than that I think it looks off just because the picture is slanted because of the way it was posted. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I like it better than last year's. Better composition, especially the front two rows.

5bbd5852ccb8c_DCC2018.thumb.jpg.ffd4d67bd7d0614a90155da0504c2c8a.jpg

KaShara looks so gorgeous I hardly recognized her! She’s a beautiful woman, but I actually went into a panic because I couldn’t spot her right off. In fact, it took me looking at everyone 3x! She’s an absolute stunner!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

She's not up front because she was front and center last year.  danielle was front and center in season 10 and then was moved the next year.  Just the way they do it.

Yes, but Danielle was on the front row her last year, along with the other 2 5-year girls on the team, so i don’t really think it’s comparable. Had Lacey been positioned where Gina is, that would be fine IMO, but she’s off to the side, behind 2 year girls. It’s just odd. I also feel like Amy should have a better position though, so it’s not just a Lacey issue for me. 

Now that someone pointed out the leg placement of Tess, Lacey, and Alexis, I can’t stop looking at how awkward that looks. Just a bad picture all around, IMO.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3

The squad photo really emphasizes how many brunettes are in the rookie class!  It’s strange that they put Hannah and Erin together (back row), and Rookie Rachel and Daphne together (third row down) instead of breaking up all that dark hair in the back. 

Same thinking as to Savannah’s placement.  Her between two blondes makes that second row look lopsided.  I realize they wouldn’t put Savannah front and center, but maybe Khalyn middle front with Lacey and Alexis on either side, Savannah behind Khalyn, and then Tess in Savannah’s current spot. Or maybe swap Savannah and khalyn’s spots? 

I think Gina looks great with the sultry close-mouthed smile. 

Maddie’s hair is bad.  As a curly-haired girl myself, I’m all for the natural locks, but they need to be softened up with some product or something. 

PS Brennan looks great.

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
Addition
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

It does seem a little off with Lacey and Alexis posed sitting and then just Tess poses the opposite direction. The OCD in me thi is there should be either another girl by Tess or Alexis should be more towards the center with Lacey/Tess (or whatever girl is in that position) bracketing them. Hope that makes sense!

Makes sense to me, since that's what I'm (awkwardly) trying to say too :)

16 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Maddie’s hair is bad.  As a curly-haired girl myself, I’m all for the natural locks, but they need to be softened up with some product or something. 

She said on a podcast that she uses Aveda's Be Curly cream.  That stuff is BAD for my hair, way too much protein, maybe it's one of those things where it works fine at 1st then does nothing (probably build-up).

2 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Third from right in the kickline...Gina? Whoever it is, she’s hunched over prominently. My eye went directly to her.

Not really a Gina fan here, but she's not hunched to me. More like a long torse and she's keeping her head and shoulders straight, keep balance. I'd love to call out Gina for bad dance, but this isn't the case. I'm a bitch. Yay.

Finally watching last week's podcast and dang Christina is one smug bitch. You'd think she breezed in and had Gina skills or Tasha looks the way she presents herself. Me no likey. 

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Breslyn said:

KaShara looks so gorgeous I hardly recognized her! She’s a beautiful woman, but I actually went into a panic because I couldn’t spot her right off. In fact, it took me looking at everyone 3x! She’s an absolute stunner!

Is Miranda all way on the left I cant pick her out ... did they update her hairstyle or she just blends with the rookies 

3 hours ago, Tootie said:

Tara is in the main swimsuit calendar and the sideline calendar.  (She's more than likely in the desk box set and there's no way to tell who the 12 are on the desk pad--besides Lacey and Gina.)

I find it strange that Tasha isn't in either of the two wall calendars... she is in the sideline one, though.

2018-10-10 (2).png

2018-10-10 (3).png

2018-10-10 (4).png

Ugh - that full shot of Kelli is bordering on obscene w/ her swimsuit up her crack and her butt sticking out.  Smh.  That Savannah shot is horrible too.  Like she’s about to pull off her bottoms and not even in a sexy way - but more like I need to pee way.  Why can’t they be more tasteful in these photos?  How does Kelli pick some of those poses?

3 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

I've been missing them as well. I appreciated the fact he/she really cared about the girls and gave insight while still being careful not to be harsh about the things they posted. 

Regarding the team photo - I noticed Christina was kind of off with the rookies more than any other vet too. It does seem a little off with Lacey and Alexis posed sitting and then just Tess poses the opposite direction. The OCD in me thi is there should be either another girl by Tess or Alexis should be more towards the center with Lacey/Tess (or whatever girl is in that position) bracketing them. Hope that makes sense! Other than that I think it looks off just because the picture is slanted because of the way it was posted. 

Well veteran Rachel is next to Christina, so she’s not completely alone with the rookies. 

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Tara might be in the 365 days a year desk top calendar. I have seen vets who were cut at finals made the one daily calendar.

Erica is this month in the sideline wall calendar. Surprisingly. It's hanging  up beside me right now.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MrClean said:

I miss Tara on the squad.

How? No shade, but there's not really anything to emphasize anyone on the squad to miss them. Further, she's honestly forgetable considering how good this rookie class has been so far.

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

It's not like the average Joe knows who the girls are anyway.

5 hours ago, Tootie said:

I'm not sure why people are saying it's not symmetrical??  It's like, OCD perfect!  lol

We are looking at it from an angle, but midline is Alexis, Khalyn, Rachel W and Hannah.  

2018-10-09 (2).png

Okay now that I REALLY look at it, you're right.

4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Seriously wonder if Heather up front was proof she's not in the dog house, and Lacey not further up means they're sort of over her. Not that she's done anything wrong, but when it's known it's your last year, youre kind of an afterthought sometimes. 

OMG KELLI could she be posed more awkward while also screaming LOOK AT ME I WILL BE FRONT AND CENTER EVEN IF I HAVE TO CRAWL MY WAY ON TOP OF PEOPLE.

YAASSS. I agree with all this. Get ready to see her up in the triangle, especially with Kashara, Lacey and probably Maddie retiring. 

Meh..I don't think her placement means anything other than the fact that she has seniority over the rookies..

• Love 5

Here's the squad photo that someone posted in the Facebook group I'm in (Hi Tracy if you are in here!! Thanks for sharing!!)  It's not tilted and the girls are easier to pick out. 

FB_IMG_1539218684356.jpg

Edited by Txmomof2
Spelling
  • Love 7

How did Alexis move from being in the back row in the team photo her rookie season last year to being on the front row in the center this year?

Yes, she's pretty, but that's quite a leap to take in one year.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

How did Alexis move from being in the back row in the team photo her rookie season last year to being on the front row in the center this year?

Yes, she's pretty, but that's quite a leap to take in one year.

I wonder if it’s more mixing of hair color than seniority.  There’s about as many brunettes as blondes this year.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Txmomof2 said:

Here's the squad photo that someone posted in the Facebook group I'm in (Hi Tracy if you are in here!! Thanks for sharing!!)  It's not tilted and the girls are easier to pick out. 

FB_IMG_1539218684356.jpg

All of my complaints still stand. 

And I'm gonna add one, Christina and Jayln should be swapped. Christina is more in line with Alanna's height and Jaylyn lights up more with Bridget. 

It's far from OCD perfect...I don't like this year at all. 

Poor Cianna has the arm of slenderman. Or conjoined with Jalyn. Jalyn is standing full on to the camera while her counterpart Brennan is standing at an angle. Jalyn should also be at an angle to take away the never ending arm look they have going on. 

And Amber has the same "I'm wearing a blue dress with a cut out" look that Caroline has going on. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 6