Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 10/6/2018 at 4:31 PM, tinabee1967 said:

Judy was pretty then and she is pretty now. I love her adorable turned up nose. :)

I think so too!  And with her little nose and braids and in her youth, she looks like Cindy Lou Who goes DCC !!  Seriously though, I love Judes ~ I think she's beautiful!!

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

Several girls suffered heavy critiques?

ouch...

was not loving that moment when Tara stood out in a bad way. K&J don’t look like they’re going to  let that slide.

are they projecting their frustration with VK onto everyone else maybe??

She looks better than Savannah. Do not understand why they love her so much. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

She does NOT look good. VK has the DCC equivalent of Dunlop disease. 

In other news, Taylor T. made the Dallas Observer for all of the wrong reasons. She did not deserve to be dragged this badly. Called out, yes....but not vilified. 

https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/a-woman-on-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-didnt-know-about-the-metoo-movement-11240189

VK looks terrible! They are hurting her more than helping her. she's a young adult, not the most mature. She's probably under the illusion that this is ok. I don't care for her, but as a person, her cut is going to be brutal to her ego. She's about to learn a huge life lesson. Hopefully she'll learn to be humble,and mature from this. And that article on Taylor T, way below the belt. Yes, she probably should know about #metoo. However, I try to look for the positive in things. Her lack of knowledge tells me no one in her circle of life is talking about their horrible past experiences.

9 hours ago, WickedMom said:

Pretty picture from the right angle!  My only boo is that Lacey should be front and center.  She's been on the team forever and is the epitome of a DCC.

Ohhhh, I'm so terrible. I think Lacey and Teas look like Lieutenant Dan, with a random boot on the floor behind Heather. And the slender man arm comment? Dying!!!!!! LOL

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

I'm not a fan of these final cuts happening on the day the squad is announced or a day before. It was abvious Malena wasnt going to make the squad. She had a good job that she quit because Kelly said she "could" make the Squad. I think that all cuts should be completed at least a week before the squad is announced. If you are on the fence about a candidate to the point where you keep them in camp up until 24hrs before the squad is announced, it either means that she is qualified to make the squad, or it means that Kelly and Judy knew she should be cut but didnt have the cojones to do it and they just strung the poor woman along when they already knew she wasnt ever going to make the squad. I have no idea what Lily is lacking because I dont think they have ever mentioned her name as being deficient in anything and i dont think she has even been called into the office. Cutting Lily on the last night, not really fair, because if she was never given feedback, than she never had the chance to work on anything

I've liked Lily so far, my eye always goes to her. As for late cuts, didn't they, a couple.seasons ago, but 3 or 4 on the last night, and then go announce the squad?

• Love 4

Yes, Taylor T. should have known about #metoo. Cutting her was the right thing to do.  But the tone of that article is just a bit high and mighty to me. I’m sure Taylor’s already beaten herself up about it plenty without that reporter’s thrashing.

As for the flag football thing, I rolled my eyes. Brenda presented it with no context whatsoever. It took me a minute to figure out what she was getting at myself. Guess that makes me clueless as well. Threatening to pull the girl from show group over it seemed a bit extreme to me.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

Yes, Taylor T. should have known about #metoo. Cutting her was the right thing to do.  But the tone of that article is just a bit high and mighty to me. I’m sure Taylor’s already beaten herself up about it plenty without that reporter’s thrashing.

As for the flag football thing, I rolled my eyes. Brenda presented it with no context whatsoever. It took me a minute to figure out what she was getting at myself. Guess that makes me clueless as well. Threatening to pull the girl from show group over it seemed a bit extreme to me.

Yeah do not like Brenda. It's like she's trying to find something to trip them up on or call them out on, not actually interview them. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

In other news, Taylor T. made the Dallas Observer for all of the wrong reasons. She did not deserve to be dragged this badly. Called out, yes....but not vilified. 

https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/a-woman-on-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-didnt-know-about-the-metoo-movement-11240189

Poor Taylor T that writer is not biased at all she’s on Twitter & VERY pro Vicki it’s actually kind of gross how the elephant in the room is just that the elephant in the room is beyond mind boggling... 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

But you have to stay!!!!  You'll miss us talking about who is coming back next season, who shouldn't have made it this year, who shouldn't have made it during Seasons 4, 7 and 11.  And of course, there is the instant replay of everything that happened this season.  We'll talk about Jenna/Holly/Erica and what happened with that.  We will discuss all of Kalyssa's latest photos.  We will talk about what Cassie and Ally did to Taylor.  We will moan and groan that we can't find the two hour special that started this all.  We will talk about who is gaining weight over the season, who seems to be lacking in power, any rumors that come out of the Star.  Who was point last year, who should have been point last year, who will be point next year.   I mean, we do keep busy :)

Speaking of Kalyssa, did you see the nude photo she posted today? All she's wearing are stilettos. And she posted another in a dress with her legs crossed. She said her legs are really that long and she doesn't do photoshop but her feet have clearly been artificially made longer. They look really weird. And all the men who comment on her pics creep me out. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Poor Taylor T that writer is not biased at all she’s on Twitter & VERY pro Vicki it’s actually kind of gross how the elephant in the room is just that the elephant in the room is beyond mind boggling... 

I see where she mentions this forum, but where does she mention VK?  Would I have to have a Twitter account to see it?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I see where she mentions this forum, but where does she mention VK?  Would I have to have a Twitter account to see it?

I don’t think you need an account if you just go to twitter & search her twitter name: @paginaskinner       

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

But you have to stay!!!!  You'll miss us talking about who is coming back next season, who shouldn't have made it this year, who shouldn't have made it during Seasons 4, 7 and 11.  And of course, there is the instant replay of everything that happened this season.  We'll talk about Jenna/Holly/Erica and what happened with that.  We will discuss all of Kalyssa's latest photos.  We will talk about what Cassie and Ally did to Taylor.  We will moan and groan that we can't find the two hour special that started this all.  We will talk about who is gaining weight over the season, who seems to be lacking in power, any rumors that come out of the Star.  Who was point last year, who should have been point last year, who will be point next year.   I mean, we do keep busy :)

Plus who will make pro bowl, who will be vet of the year/rookie of the year, what the new Xmas costumes look like, what they did for BCA/Halloween, who showed up at prep class, whether VK has lost any weight, etc. etc. This board does stay surprisingly active all year round.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Plus who will make pro bowl, who will be vet of the year/rookie of the year, what the new Xmas costumes look like, what they did for BCA/Halloween, who showed up at prep class, whether VK has lost any weight, etc. etc. This board does stay surprisingly active all year round.

Well, we are veterans...….can't be complacent!!

• Love 18
On 10/11/2018 at 2:02 PM, tinabee1967 said:

I agree with you regarding Taylor T but not about Victoria. VK is a pretty girl with a lot of talent. 

Edited by Cruisegirl
Forgot to add
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kate2006 said:

Speaking of Kalyssa, did you see the nude photo she posted today? All she's wearing are stilettos. And she posted another in a dress with her legs crossed. She said her legs are really that long and she doesn't do photoshop but her feet have clearly been artificially made longer. They look really weird. And all the men who comment on her pics creep me out. 

Good lord,, I've not been on her insta in a WHILE (once the semi-nude photos started, I unfollowed) and ummmm i have no words.  Fair play, she finally got what she wanted - she's in Maxim (and still the swimsuits don't fit properly but heyho) but wow, um...I don't wanna judge another woman's choices in life, but let's just say they're not ones I'd make or be chill with my child making.  and not photoshopped?!?! oh honey

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I have watched the DCC since season 1, however only this season did i find this forum. God i wish i were here for the jenna/holly fiasco. I still really dont have a good idea what happened with that. When they showed Jenna retire this season, Kelly and Judy didnt look sad at all. Infact it looked like K and J were quite relieved thatshe would finally be gone.  It all seemed rather awkward, because it was so obvious that JK were heart broken that Jinelle retired. And they loved her so much they tried to talk her out of it. And to have Jenna make the decision to retire at the same time as Jinelle, it was glaringly obvious how different KJ felt about each girl

Edited by Thebiglebowski
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Whether VK will try out this year, how will Kelli handle it, will Judy talk more this year, why is (insert name) still on the squad, who’s retiring, who you wish would retire, etc.  Yes, we do keep busy.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintageafricanamericanphotography/permalink/1969588369761538/

Mary Smith - the first African American Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader...

That page has its facts wrong. The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, in their current incarnation as an all female dance team, began in 1970 with three African American cheerleaders, Mary Williams, Vanessa Baker, and Sue Slaughter. [Source] Prior to that, they were a co-ed team (Belles and Beaux) that included AA men and women.5bbfff6fc2db6_DCC1970b.jpg.cec212ecbda46f395e78cb32b8723163.jpg

• Love 6

I have watched the DCC since season 1, however only this season did i find this forum. God i wish i were here for the jenna/holly fiasco. I still really dont have a good idea what happened with that. When they showed Jenna retire this season, Kelly and Judy didnt look sad at all. Infact it looked like K and J were quite relieved thatshe would finally be gone.  It all seemed rather awkward, because it was so obvious that JK were heart broken that Jinelle retired. And they love her so much they tried to talk her out of it. And to jave Jenna make the decision to retire at the same time as Jinelle, it was glaringly obvious how different KJ felt about each girl

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Omg, Kashara for the futher mucking win, tonight! She said about VK, sometimes i look at her and say- "did you even think before you said that?"

Also VK...a bull in a china shop...it's- a bull in a china shop...

Oy vey!

• Love 1

Cameos was not helpful to VK. She may have great legs but my eye goes straight to the soft torso. I may be hypersensitive bc I notice that on myself LOL but it’s the first thing I noticed, especially when I’m comparing to someone like Rachel. 

Edited by soapmaniac22
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, soapmaniac22 said:

Cameos was not helpful to VK. She may have great legs but my eye goes straight to the soft torso. I may be hypersensitive bc I notice that on myself LOL but it’s the first thing I noticed, especially when I’m comparing to someone like Rachel. 

Noticed it too, but she looked a little better than I thought she would. Kashara's comment about her not thinking before she talks was probably the more damning thing to me. That took guts to say to Kelli's face because you just know they're all well aware of what a favorite she is with her. And I'm sure there was much more she wanted to say but held herself back.

Also, why is this guest choreographer calling out Bridgette??? Leave that girl alone!

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

Noticed it too, but she looked a little better than I thought she would. Kashara's comment about her not thinking before she talks was probably the more damning thing to me. That took guts to say to Kelli's face because you just know they're all well aware of what a favorite she is with her. And I'm sure there was much more she wanted to say but held herself back.

Also, why is this guest choreographer calling out Bridgette??? Leave that girl alone!

Oooh yes! Backs up the stuff we’ve heard about her being an issue in the locker room. 

• Love 4

You forgot discussing where Dayton is and what she may be doing. That will get us through 9 months together. 

I wonder if we could pull off a season rewatch and comment as a group. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

I think the choreo guy is one of the best, as far as dancers go, but he had no idea what type of environment he was walking into and he talked down way too much. 

Kashara is probably the only one who could say that and get away with it. Lacey would be second. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, rose711 said:

You forgot discussing where Dayton is and what she may be doing. That will get us through 9 months together. 

I;d be down with this!!! Let's start with Colby's season LOL

• Love 7

I have a newfound love of Jayln "If you wanna take advice from anyone, it's Jinelle, she's been in our place..." or something to that degree. I mean, obviously it wasn't a dig at VK or maybe it was, but after last episode it was pretty ironic. 

• Love 23

I love how there was a ton of support for Brennan. It was nice to see Jinelle. 

I dont want to get roasted for this. I seriously love love love Maddie M. I fell in love with her the very moment she tried out....but...this year she has clearly gained weight...it was the first thing I noticed about her. Ok, that being said, clearly i wish i had her body...but she is softer in the stomach and inner thighs and it is noticeable in the uniform

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, soapmaniac22 said:

Oooh yes! Backs up the stuff we’ve heard about her being an issue in the locker room. 

Yep! It makes me wonder what VK has been saying that we haven't heard or seen. That clip of her pulling her hair and talking about the seven cuts left--yeah...not buying that's what Kashara meant at all. It's got to be worse than that. Maybe just immature stuff, but who knows?

Also, the etiquette lady has not changed a bit in over a decade. LOL.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And Vivian with her poem, Melissa's hair, Kitty's crazy mouth, Jay's nutrition advice, Kelli's outfits, Marshall's comments and expressions. Ah....the list goes delightfully on. ?

8 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

Yep! It makes me wonder what VK has been saying that we haven't heard or seen. That clip of her pulling her hair and talking about the seven cuts left--yeah...not buying that's what Kashara meant at all. It's got to be worse than that. Maybe just immature stuff, but who knows?

Also, the etiquette lady has not changed a bit in over a decade. LOL.

OMG! Colleen Rickenbacher? Love her. ?

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 8

Ohhhhh....my heart is breaking for Kristin and Malena. I really do love them. They are such kind, well rounded people. I think they would be good for the locker room.

Just listening to Tara speak and watching her body language. I think whatever is going on in her life is almost too much. She may be suffering from depression. I swear if you look into her eyes you can see that her soul is exhausted and sad.

I used to do a lot of field work and when I had to interview and hire crew members, I always brought in one person who definitley would need a lot of training on data collection, but who had a positive zest and good aura about them who i knew would help keep morale up. Field work in the desert was long, hot, tiring weeks of monotony.  Keeping good morale was so important.

Edited by Thebiglebowski
  • Love 15
21 minutes ago, rose711 said:

That would be so interesting to do - I just rewatched a season I hadn’t seen in years.  There’s just a different perspective after all this time.  There are things you don’t notice and then during the re-watch it’s a completely different show.

• Love 8