Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I just realized that they didn't have the viewer voting this year, like they've had in the past.  Pretty sure TPTB figured out pretty quickly who would've been voted out loooooooooooong before now! ;)

They stopped it after Colby. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I can't imagine why.  (read heavy dose of sarcasm here)

(I would have stopped it after Vivian -- especially second year when she pouted for the camera.)

• Love 9

They actually should have done it this year as I'm sure Victoria would have won (given her family's connections).  Then, Kelli would have had something at least to justify keeping her around ("Well, I know she's gained a ton of weight and dances out of control, but the fans just love her!").

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

They stopped it after the one girl who won the vote in Season 11. She was told she would not have made it to TC without winning the fan vote. I think they finally figured out it was a complete waste of time and effort because it was family and friends who were helping girls get into TC instead of the viewers and fans of the show actually getting a fair chance to vote for the one girl they like and thought deserve a spot in TC.

Edited by bigskygirl
8 hours ago, DBAAT said:

The best way to get well rounded information is to watch all kinds of news shows and read different papers. Just watching CNN will give you just a one sided opinion. I encourage my kids to watch and ready everything.

I teach college. Yesterday, one of my Freshman: “I thought CNN was fake news?”  ?‍♀️ But yes, I agree. We should read multiple news sources to avoid one-sided views. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Makes sense to me, since that's what I'm (awkwardly) trying to say too :)

She said on a podcast that she uses Aveda's Be Curly cream.  That stuff is BAD for my hair, way too much protein, maybe it's one of those things where it works fine at 1st then does nothing (probably build-up).

I don’t like Be Curly either (though love other Aveda products). Girl needs to get her some Deva Curl. That stuff is GOOD. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Here's the squad photo that someone posted in the Facebook group I'm in (Hi Tracy if you are in here!! Thanks for sharing!!)  It's not tilted and the girls are easier to pick out. 

FB_IMG_1539218684356.jpg

Much better than last year's photo in terms of overall composition - especially the front two rows. My only complaint is that I think they should've raised up the second to last row more. You can barely see those poor girls. Of course, this would also mean that they would have to raise up the back row as well, but I think it would provide better visual parity for each girl. 

• Love 7
Just now, DzignerGurl said:

Much better than last year's photo in terms of overall composition - especially the front two rows. My only complaint is that I think they should've raised up the second to last row more. You can barely see those poor girls. Of course, this would also mean that they would have to raise up the back row as well, but I think it would provide better visual parity for each girl. 

I thought the exact same thing about the second top row. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I think too much is read into where they are placed in the picture.  I imagine kelli and judy are laughing their asses off reading this discussion.  

Too much is read into everything on here lol but I agree.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

All of my complaints still stand. 

And I'm gonna add one, Christina and Jayln should be swapped. Christina is more in line with Alanna's height and Jaylyn lights up more with Bridget. 

It's far from OCD perfect...I don't like this year at all. 

Poor Cianna has the arm of slenderman. Or conjoined with Jalyn. Jalyn is standing full on to the camera while her counterpart Brennan is standing at an angle. Jalyn should also be at an angle to take away the never ending arm look they have going on. 

And Amber has the same "I'm wearing a blue dress with a cut out" look that Caroline has going on. 

At least all of them look better than in those horrible cameo photos.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Here's the squad photo that someone posted in the Facebook group I'm in (Hi Tracy if you are in here!! Thanks for sharing!!)  It's not tilted and the girls are easier to pick out. 

FB_IMG_1539218684356.jpg

Pretty picture from the right angle!  My only boo is that Lacey should be front and center.  She's been on the team forever and is the epitome of a DCC.

• Love 2

Quick question slightly off topic. But what does Lacey do outside of DCC? Like I know some are teachers, fitness instructors, and etc but I have no idea what Lacey does. She has been on the team since she was 18 but I haven't heard if she went to college or any of her future plans. 

57 minutes ago, Monique said:

Quick question slightly off topic. But what does Lacey do outside of DCC? Like I know some are teachers, fitness instructors, and etc but I have no idea what Lacey does. She has been on the team since she was 18 but I haven't heard if she went to college or any of her future plans. 

From this article..

http://www.southlakestyle.com/2018/08/31/179526/belle-of-the-ball

Lacey works as a nanny, dance teacher and part-time student working toward a degree in nutrition

Maybe she could have helped Vic.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

FB_IMG_1539218684356.jpg

I think I figured out most of the names except for 2 rookies;  one being the beauty queen in the 4th row.

Back row: Cianna, ?, Hannah, Erin, Alannah, 

5th row: Jalyn, Amber, Madeline M, Caroline, Gabbie, Brennan

4th row: Ashlee, Christina, Rachel, ? , Daphne, Bridget, Briana

3rd row: Miranda, Jessika, Yuko, Khalyn, Lexi, Lauren, Molly

2nd row: Amy, Savannah, Tasha, Kashara, Maddie, Kelli

First row: Gina, Lacey, Alexis, Tess, Heather

Edited by MrsEVH
19 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Third from right in the kickline...Gina? Whoever it is, she’s hunched over prominently. My eye went directly to her.

I think whoever is in gina's left is too far back, making Gina look weird

IMO, I'm not sure that Savannah has veneers. I've had people that I've just met in the last few years ask if my teeth are veneers because of the size and well, thank God, they're at least white and straight.......but then again, as my daughter reminded me, " How can your teeth shift or be crooked? There's not one extra space in that big mouth of your's for those chicklets to budge!!!" lol

Hold your head up Savannah and flash that beautiful, toothy smile!!!! 

• Love 2

WOW!!!!!!!!!  Victoria has put on more than 11 pounds.  Her stomach is hanging over her shorts and that looks more like 20 pounds to me.  More proof that Kelli and Charlotte are blind to Ictoria.  What a shame they will her lie to them  and let her come back to TC next year.  

• Love 7

She does NOT look good. VK has the DCC equivalent of Dunlop disease. 

11 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

WOW!!!!!!!!!  Victoria has put on more than 11 pounds.  Her stomach is hanging over her shorts and that looks more like 20 pounds to me.  More proof that Kelli and Charlotte are blind to Ictoria.  What a shame they will her lie to them  and let her come back to TC next year.  

In other news, Taylor T. made the Dallas Observer for all of the wrong reasons. She did not deserve to be dragged this badly. Called out, yes....but not vilified. 

https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/a-woman-on-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-didnt-know-about-the-metoo-movement-11240189

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

In other news, Taylor T. made the Dallas Observer for all of the wrong reasons. She did not deserve to be dragged this badly. Called out, yes....but not vilified. 

https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/a-woman-on-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-didnt-know-about-the-metoo-movement-11240189

I agree 100%! She did not deserve that, and the writer mention weight checks and didn't mention icky, she trashed Taylor T but did not mention that icky had "no words". Are we sure Kelli didn't write that article?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

The synopsis of tonight's episode says one women is cut tonight, and the lat 2 episodes are 2 cuts each. So, who gets cut tonight? Tara or maybe Kristin?

Kristen tonight I think

Tara and Vicky next week---they were cut a day apart

Malena and Lily last episode---they were cut together

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Poor thing.  Hope this doesn’t hurt her career-wise in a real career.  Shame that trying out for something like a dance team that is supposed to be fun can hurt your reputation like that.  I wonder if Keyra is dealing w/ any professional repercussions for how she was depicted.  

• Love 6

I'm not a fan of these final cuts happening on the day the squad is announced or a day before. It was abvious Malena wasnt going to make the squad. She had a good job that she quit because Kelly said she "could" make the Squad. I think that all cuts should be completed at least a week before the squad is announced. If you are on the fence about a candidate to the point where you keep them in camp up until 24hrs before the squad is announced, it either means that she is qualified to make the squad, or it means that Kelly and Judy knew she should be cut but didnt have the cojones to do it and they just strung the poor woman along when they already knew she wasnt ever going to make the squad. I have no idea what Lily is lacking because I dont think they have ever mentioned her name as being deficient in anything and i dont think she has even been called into the office. Cutting Lily on the last night, not really fair, because if she was never given feedback, than she never had the chance to work on anything

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I think I figured out most of the names except for 2 rookies;  one being the beauty queen in the 4th row.

back: Cianna, Taylor J, Hannah, Erin, Alanna 

4th: Ashlee, Christina, Rachel, Rachel W, Daphne, Bridget, Briana

Edited by nittanyvolleyball

I hate the last night cuts but I do not think they show every time someone is called in the office.  CMT only films certain nights.  Shelly B might can answer this.  I remember John Galt saying they spoke to Savannah about her dancing and she dialed it up and made the team.  That's not been shown.  I would bet money there have been talks with a few vets on weight but those were not shown.   We keep hearing WW but there has not been the usual season call in every vet who gained........or maybe they could not do that this year because of Victoria they waited until she gained 11 pounds.  So I hope Lily has been talked to or gotten dance notes prior to her being cut.  At least this year, we do not have the several girls who can dance but cannot kick.

Malena.  Beautiful well spoken girl who should have been cut a long long time ago.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Monique said:

Another one with a bunch of part time jobs and an online class or two but her main job is DCC. She babysits, worked some at a cryo place, still taking prereqs for a nutrition degree. 

So that squad photo - I'd switch Amy and Gina with Amy in the front, then Savannah in that spot where Amy is now. We see too much of Christina's leg.  Also my eyes are drawn straight to Tasha, who is a little to our left, and that makes the whole pic look off center in my head. 

I know she's triangle, but I'd swap Maddie and Yuko, too. Yuko looks too tiny for her spot now, and while I don't think she's a great beauty, she's a lot cuter than Maddie. Even Gina has figured out how to position herself to look more presentable but not much can be done for Maddie's weight gain and face. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

Savanah looks so darn cute in that video.  She is just so adorable I see why they put up w/ her dancing mistakes.  She has such a perfect figure too - tiny, but still shapely and healthy looking (doesn’t look like she’s starved or malnourished like some of them).

I don’t think VK looks like she’s heavier than she’s been in that video - she actually looks a little smaller than some of the footage from a couple episodes ago - it could just be her shorts are too tight cause they are a size from before the initial weight gain.   Her dancing and smile look good.   Her legs are very long and they look good.

• Love 2
On 10/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, CaseyRe said:

she used to give her the most ridiculous critiques -  crispy bacon anyone?  I loved Kelsey, I was rooting for her so hard. She's gorgeous, a fun perfomer and for someone dancing for such a short time, she was more than good enough.  plus she had a fun personality that came through in her dance,  part of why she waas a compelling performer, above and beyond those gorgeous eyes against that dark hair

I totally agree with you and PBS Lover!   1000 % !!  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

ohh my...this will be a tough episode to watch.  I remember hearing that this was a particularly rough night for *many* of the girls. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Savanah looks so darn cute in that video.  She is just so adorable I see why they put up w/ her dancing mistakes.  She has such a perfect figure too - tiny, but still shapely and healthy looking (doesn’t look like she’s starved or malnourished like some of them).

I don’t think VK looks like she’s heavier than she’s been in that video - she actually looks a little smaller than some of the footage from a couple episodes ago - it could just be her shorts are too tight cause they are a size from before the initial weight gain.   Her dancing and smile look good.   Her legs are very long and they look good.

Agreeeeee.  I adore her.  

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

ohh my...this will be a tough episode to watch.  I remember hearing that this was a particularly rough night for *many* of the girls. 

Several girls suffered heavy critiques?

ouch...

was not loving that moment when Tara stood out in a bad way. K&J don’t look like they’re going to  let that slide.

are they projecting their frustration with VK onto everyone else maybe??

• Love 8
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Taylor J is next to Cianna

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, ByTor said:

Looks like you remembered season 7 Amy as well as I do :)  LaurenBrook actually gave me the link to that Twitter to refresh my memory, but I'm still drawing a blank!

I'm just a wee bit younger than Tina.  The information about sun damage may have been available, but many of us didn't know about it.  I recall my teenage years laying outside hours upon hours in a swimsuit & corn oil.  I'm lucky I don't look like a horse saddle today :)

@KoKo, I'll tell you what I find insulting...this show insisting on including the bad interviews, like the one who thought Michelle Obama was president, or the one who didn't know what FBI stands for.  The sad thing is, I think that they think showing this is a good thing to show that they won't take someone who can't answer these questions into TC, but the truth is, all it does is perpetuate the idea that dancers are stupid bubbleheads.  In reality, some people choke under pressure and say stupid things...I remember doing some last minute studying for a final for one of my tax classes, and I was so damn scared I couldn't remember my phone # (I know that didn't happen to FBI girl, she admitted she didn't know).  Anyway, when they show that women they are portraying as stupid show up, I think there are people out there who think all of the women are like that, and that is simply not true. 

Yep, I am 46 and used to spread Crisco all over me.  In San Antonio, the radio station would say "turn before you burn" every 30 minutes.  My skin is starting to show the signs of abuse :(

• Love 3

Victoria looks much heavier in that video, tummy over hang on the shorts.  You can’t blame the shorts for being to small when those were probably given to her in the beginning of training camp.  It just proves weight gain.  Poor girl, almost feel bad for but her actions cancel that out.  Did anyone notice last week when Judy corrected her in the triangle that she had a sore face.  VK was not pleased with corrections.  

Hopefully tonight we get to meet more rookies.  I feel like there are so many girls we don’t even know about. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

Victoria looks much heavier in that video, tummy over hang on the shorts.  You can’t blame the shorts for being to small when those were probably given to her in the beginning of training camp.  It just proves weight gain.  

There really isn't any way to hide any weight gain.  Either in the practice shorts or the actual uniform.

VK week 11.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

Hopefully tonight we get to meet more rookies.  I feel like there are so many girls we don’t even know about. 

I hope so too.  It seems like a fun and well rounded group this year.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Lily80 said:

I teach college. Yesterday, one of my Freshman: “I thought CNN was fake news?”  ?‍♀️ But yes, I agree. We should read multiple news sources to avoid one-sided views. 

Wow.  I weep for our future. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I feel like they specifically showed Taylor’s  #metoo faux pas to show how they are “behind women” ?

i feel sorry for any of the girls who are shown negatively. This team and show are simply not worth putting yourself under this lens.  

This is the last season I’ll watch. So disappointed. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Wow.  I weep for our future. 

The Onion is:

Screenshot_20181011-181304_Chrome.jpg

19 hours ago, MTTFan said:

I can't imagine why.  (read heavy dose of sarcasm here)

(I would have stopped it after Vivian -- especially second year when she pouted for the camera.)

That was pathetic. It's like, "Girl.....get OVER yourself!"

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Kristen tonight I think

Tara and Vicky next week---they were cut a day apart

Malena and Lily last episode---they were cut together

God damn it! Why did i have to be away next week? sure I'm back saturday and can watch then, but I'll have missed all the fun on the forum!  boooooo

• Love 1

This is WAY off topic; but I just realized that when this season is over I'm going to miss coming to this board everyday and seeing everyone's comments about the most recent episode. I come here more than Facebook now.

• Love 17