Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

I live for football season and the tv crews never purposefully pan the cameras on the cheerleaders during the game.

Back in the day the camera would zoom in on a cheerleader, and she'd wiggle around for the camera with a "Go (whatever team)!!!"  There were a lot of complaints that there are also women who like to watch football on TV who found that pretty degrading.  Out of fear that an actual complaint would be filed with the FCC, networks stopped doing that.  I think the time frame for this was late 80s-early 90s. 

• Love 2

Anyone know which episode the cut will finally happen? I'm not going to get to see ep 12 until about 2-3 days after it airs and Im going to be soooo bummed not to be able to be watching it driday morning and being on here if it's ep 12 that it finally happens

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Finally caught up with the latest episode and with this board. The Victoria topic has been beaten to death on this board and I'm over it, and I'm among those who think Kelli is at the point of being too biased and out of touch to be a truly smart and shrewd director - but at the end of the day, when it comes to pure enjoyment of watching the show, I'm totally into VK as the "villain" of this season because I'm of the few, I think, who believe she's a genuinely nice and normal-ish person and is having an edit and gossip centered around her for ratings and drama.

Erin has improved SO much. She's so fun to watch now and least season she made me cringe. Go girl.

Bridget is going to be a star if she sticks around for a few seasons. I also find Caroline very underrated; she's in the periphery a lot on the show and yet I'm always drawn to her dancing.

And I will go on record yet again and say no one on this current squad even comes close to Kashara in terms of pure electricity and fun. She belongs at point. Whenever she's dancing on screen I can't take my eyes off her!

I like you! I wish there was a way to heart your post more than once....I know Kashara wants to study physical therapy, but I'd love to see her as the coach of a college team. 

Edited by MelissaMinion
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

I like you! I wish there was a way to heart your post more than once....I know Kashara wants to study physical therapy, but I'd love to see her as the coach of a college team. 

I am also a KaShara fan. Agree about Bridget. Hannah is also a favorite of mine. I think she's beautiful and an amazing dancer. 

• Love 14

HOW can VK NOT know that milkshakes are one of the quickest ways to gain weight??? Anyone who is on a clean eating plan would avoid a milkshake like the plague. SMH....bottom line, she does not want this bad enough to make the sacrifices necessary. Some girls can get away with eating whatever. She clearly can't.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Finally caught up with the latest episode and with this board. The Victoria topic has been beaten to death on this board and I'm over it, and I'm among those who think Kelli is at the point of being too biased and out of touch to be a truly smart and shrewd director - but at the end of the day, when it comes to pure enjoyment of watching the show, I'm totally into VK as the "villain" of this season because I'm of the few, I think, who believe she's a genuinely nice and normal-ish person and is having an edit and gossip centered around her for ratings and drama.

Erin has improved SO much. She's so fun to watch now and least season she made me cringe. Go girl.

Bridget is going to be a star if she sticks around for a few seasons. I also find Caroline very underrated; she's in the periphery a lot on the show and yet I'm always drawn to her dancing.

And I will go on record yet again and say no one on this current squad even comes close to Kashara in terms of pure electricity and fun. She belongs at point. Whenever she's dancing on screen I can't take my eyes off her!

Kashara is my favorite ! She seems so down to earth and country ! 

• Love 15
14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Those fringe skirts are new this year. They also have sheer skirts and shorts. I don't really get it. If you're going to have alternate uniforms, why not get something that has a different look. Like maybe have a red uni and a white uni. They also have collegiate-looking unis. I don't particularly care for those.

I think the DCC are one of the few teams that has one signature uniform they wear all the time. Everyone else has branched out. The only other squad I can think of are the Raiderettes.

Now that I think about it, I remember reading that the DCC wore blue skirts for a hot minute, but those went over like a lead balloon.

2018 Patriots_Melinda Carraher.jpg2018 Patriots_Morgan Dzicek.jpg2018 Patriots_Vanessa Fatizzo2.jpg

Yeah, not a fan of the collegiate look. The shorts are okay, but I really like the skirt. Can't picture DCC in skirts, though. The shorts are just too iconic.

• Love 2
On 10/6/2018 at 2:22 PM, Christineelgene said:

My typing mistake on TG,  I took the initials from another post from someone who has better eyesight than I have.

“The obvious: KF-Kelli, JT-Judy, KC-Kitty, NF-Nick & MRS-Melissa.

But, who are AL (yellow), LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)”

I'm playing catch up so not sure if someone answered this

The Group Leaders initials: Amy L., Lacey M., Kashara G., Madeline M.

1 hour ago, AAEBoiler said:

Posting here for people who might not check the other threads ... article on NFL cheerleader history and recent scandals.

Thank you for sharing this! It was such a good read. The cheerleaders should get a percentage of calender and poster sales. They deserve it. How greedy that their respective teams keep all of the revenue. The NFL still has a long way to go regarding economic fairness to these ladies.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

The cheerleaders should get a percentage of calendar and poster sales. They deserve it.

I agree 100%. Even if you paid them $1000 a game that adds up to only $360K (36 cheerleaders for 2 preseason and 8 regular season games). That is a mere "drop in the bucket" of the budget for these NFL teams, each of which earns $255 million per year from TV money alone! That's just TV money, it doesn't include ticket sales, concessions, parking, merchandise, licensing, corporate sponsorships, and some other categories that I'm sure I'm missing. for comparison's sake, the minimum NFL player salary (for rookies with zero years experience) is $480K for 2018. Also, I wonder how much Kelli and Judy make per year?

The old argument of "well, there are hundreds of other girls who'd do that job" doesn't fly with me because at some point you're going to get to women who don't dance as well, can't learn the routines, don't look good in the uniform, or aren't good ambassadors. If you want a certain type of woman then you have to shell out the $$. I'd love to see the cheerleaders unionize but the second they tried the NFL clubs would just drop cheerleading squads altogether.

Edited by AAEBoiler
Added NFL player minimum salary
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, AAEBoiler said:

The old argument of "well, there are hundreds of other girls who'd do that job" doesn't fly with me because at some point you're going to get to women who don't dance as well, can't learn the routines, don't look good in the uniform, or aren't good ambassadors. If you want a certain type of woman then you have to shell out the $$.

You make a fantastic point here! If the actual NFL players were treated at the same standards as the cheer squads, then the NFL players should only earn about $200 per game and $8/hour for practice. There are thousands of other guys who would gladly play in the NFL, after all.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

HOW can VK NOT know that milkshakes are one of the quickest ways to gain weight??? Anyone who is on a clean eating plan would avoid a milkshake like the plague. SMH....bottom line, she does not want this bad enough to make the sacrifices necessary. Some girls can get away with eating whatever. She clearly can't.

When I see pics of younger, naturally slim, brunette VK, I can understand her “milkshake won’t hurt” mentality. Many women are able to eat pretty much whatever they want when they’re young. Sometimes their metabolism slows in their late teens (VK) some not until years later. Our bodies are a funny, temperamental machine that go from needing basic fuel (regular/junk food/whatevs) to supreme (clean eating, low-cal, high nutrition diets) seemingly overnight. It can take weeks, months or even years for someone to realize they can’t just eat anything in sight anymore without repercussions. This, and not necessarily “eating bad” are what often lead to the freshmen fifteen.

Remember Taylor Lowery saying she ate Cinnabon every morning and snacked on Cheetos & cookie dough? I doubt she reached Miss Dallas with a diet like that, she has to learn and choose better. She is so lean now!

I think VK reached that point earlier than some, and it will take time to come to grips with it and make permanent adjustments. If she wants to get and stay lean, she’ll figure it out. If she wants to get plump or yo-yo diet her whole life, that is also a choice. Either way, her physique will the sum total of her choices.

Edited by Breslyn
Add-in regarding Taylor
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Breslyn said:

When I see pics of younger, naturally slim, brunette VK, I can understand her “milkshake won’t hurt” mentality. Many women are able to eat pretty much whatever they want when they’re young. Sometimes their metabolism slows in their late teens (VK) some not until years later. Our bodies are a funny, temperamental machine that go from needing basic fuel (regular/junk food/whatevs) to supreme (clean eating, low-cal, high nutrition diets) seemingly overnight. It can take weeks, months or even years for someone to realize they can’t just eat anything in sight anymore without repercussions. This, and not necessarily “eating bad” are what often lead to the freshmen fifteen.

Yeah, when I was college, my friends and I would eat in the dining halls, and we basically ate dessert every day - on top of burgers and French fries, waffles, pizza, etc. I lost weight my freshmen year of college. I was working out and walking to all of my classes on a huge campus, but still, I was eating whatever I wanted. Now, of course, I could never eat like that and not gain weight no matter how much I worked out. So, I can see how, initially, VK may have thought she could drink a few milkshakes and be fine, given how much she was dancing every day. However, she’s going to have to make a change quick. Even if she does end up going away to school, she’s going to have to watch what she eats and get on a health and nutrition plan and not just follow her skinny friends who might well be downing milkshakes everyday and not gaining weight. If she truly does have a medical condition, there’s even more reason for her to grow up and get a handle on it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AAEBoiler said:

The old argument of "well, there are hundreds of other girls who'd do that job" doesn't fly with me because at some point you're going to get to women who don't dance as well, can't learn the routines, don't look good in the uniform, or aren't good ambassadors. If you want a certain type of woman then you have to shell out the $$. I'd love to see the cheerleaders unionize but the second they tried the NFL clubs would just drop cheerleading squads altogether.

Unless you can successfully market your team as “the best in the industry” on a 13-years-running TV show. They have better, more beautiful  dancers happily showing up every year to wear the “iconic” uniform under the same contractual terms.

• Love 5
On 10/8/2018 at 1:07 PM, Cruisegirl said:

Judy was a pretty girl and is still beautiful. 

Too bad the ladies are no longer able to wear their hair in a sensible style that’s appropriate for intense exorcise.  I wonder when they turned into the playboy/Farrah Fawcett as the desired look. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MrClean said:

I have watched the DCC for many, many years and I have had many favorites, but KaShara tops them all. I truly believe she is the greatest DCC ever.

Her and Britteny Schram! Both down to Earth, friendly, good dancers, funny, unpretentious and drop dead gorgeous!

1.png

2.jpg

17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She has a beautiful smile here.  Maybe she isn't self conscious and it's a more natural smile - not "posed" ???  I mean, the girl is gorgeous when she is allowed to be herself if that makes sense.  The makeup is more subtle, not so heavy.

Or this one with all three daughters.  They all look great here.

I will say this about Vik, she has beautiful eyes.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Breslyn said:

Remember Taylor Lowery saying she ate Cinnabon every morning and snacked on Cheetos & cookie dough? I doubt she reached Miss Dallas with a diet like that, she has to learn and choose better. She is so lean now!

I think VK reached that point earlier than some, and it will take time to come to grips with it and make permanent adjustments. If she wants to get and stay lean, she’ll figure it out. If she wants to get plump or yo-yo diet her whole life, that is also a choice. Either way, her physique will the sum total of her choices.

Taylor Lowry was thin as could be eating like that in TC.  They never had an issue w/ her weight/appearance - she had a beautiful lean figure.  What was happening was they were trying to get everyone to make healthy choices and she stood out as an example of how some people can eat whatever they want and still be thin (cause those type of people do exist) and it upset people.  Her flaunting it was immature and insensitive (remember the grocery store scene) and I think that’s why they had a problem with it more than anything.

I used to be like that and then my metabolism seemed to slow down shortly after I graduated college - so around 22.  Before that I was able to eat whatever I wanted and still looked great in all kinds of skimpy things that would probably work well as tourniquets now if I were to cut myself badly.   Lol.   I’m sure all the walking around I did in college going from class to class helped, but it wasn’t like I consciously worked out in college.  

It’s a hard thing to deal with when you have to start disciplining yourself when you didn’t have to before - especially when it comes to something like what you eat.  It takes some adjusting and it’s hard figuring out what works for you and sticking with it.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Shelly posted some pics of an event with other former DCC on her instagram. Did anyone see it and does anyone know who the lady with the pink in her hair is?

Michelle Druga Fraser - former DCC - very strong lady.  Her family was in a horrible car accident  - Thanksgiving 2016.  Her daughter was critically injured.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Those fringe skirts are new this year. They also have sheer skirts and shorts. I don't really get it. If you're going to have alternate uniforms, why not get something that has a different look. Like maybe have a red uni and a white uni. They also have collegiate-looking unis. I don't particularly care for those.

I think the DCC are one of the few teams that has one signature uniform they wear all the time. Everyone else has branched out. The only other squad I can think of are the Raiderettes.

Now that I think about it, I remember reading that the DCC wore blue skirts for a hot minute, but those went over like a lead balloon.

2018 Patriots_Melinda Carraher.jpg2018 Patriots_Morgan Dzicek.jpg2018 Patriots_Vanessa Fatizzo2.jpg

Love my Patriots!!!  They have many, many super cute uniforms!!!  It gets cold here in New England so they get to wear leggings outfits often as well.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Too bad the ladies are no longer able to wear their hair in a sensible style that’s appropriate for intense exorcise.  I wonder when they turned into the playboy/Farrah Fawcett as the desired look. 

I agree with you. Judy had simple hair and not a ton of makeup and was beautiful. The girls these days while they are pretty they need to look like perfect models. Simple is sometimes better in my opinion. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Michelle Druga Fraser - former DCC - very strong lady.  Her family was in a horrible car accident  - Thanksgiving 2016.  Her daughter was critically injured.

Yes. xoxo Her little girl's recovery has been challenging!  I've followed the family's journey.  Michelle is a SuperMOM!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, PBSLover said:

To me, and now I sound like a complete bitch BUT it looks like she has a hard time closing her mouth, her teeth are so big. I’ve thought that from the beginning. 

I agree with the hard time closing her mouth thing. When she talked about Dayton getting cut, I thought she was smiling, then kinda realized she doesn't have much of an upper lip around all her teeth and gums. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Although I LOVE seeing my girl Alexis front and center, I am surprised they didn’t put Lacey in that spot and Alexis on the left opposite of Tess

I have such a girl crush on Alexis I hope she stays few more seasons 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

You know the best thing about the squad photo????

VK isn't in it!

51 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

*meow* (I love it :) !)

Ouch! But OH so true.  Frankly, I wouldn't have been surprised if she was front and center in the squad photo, and the rest were arranged in a way to highlight her just because Victoria threw a tantrum or her mother and Kelli got together to figure out how to spotlight her.  I doubt it would actually happen that way, but I wouldn't put it past Tina and Victoria (and Kelli) given how this year's Training Camp has gone for Victoria.  I think everyone is waiting to see Victoria's cut and how she's going to handle it, if she thinks they're actually serious about it and if they're going to have to drag her kicking and screaming from the room because she thinks she still deserves to be there.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kristen and Tara were this week's cuts while Malena and Lily were in the final episode and Victoria was either the very last cut in this weeks episode or is the only cut in next week's episode.  If I remember correctly, there are only three episodes left with Kristen, Tara, Victoria, Malena, and Lily left to cut (and Malena and Lily are interchangeable because we know they were the last two cut, but not which one of the two were cut first).

1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Interesting how far back Christina is

All the better to hide her.  It would be even better if she wasn't there at all since her solos haven't seemed to have improved since season 9 and that horrible purple-and-black feather duster/fan combo she was wearing (well, and me having a whole HOST of issues with her that I don't need to discuss because I seemed to have done that so much already).

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I like it better than last year's. Better composition, especially the front two rows.

5bbd5852ccb8c_DCC2018.thumb.jpg.ffd4d67bd7d0614a90155da0504c2c8a.jpg

I'm going to hell for this, but I don't think Tess is pretty enough for the front row. I would put Khayln in her place, then Savannah in Khayln's place, then Tess where Savannah is. Also I think Lexie and Gina should switch places. Gina is a fab dancer, but she's not facially gifted. 

Otherwise this picture is a hot mess imo. The top back rows look way too uniform and the front half look way too gapped. Poor Caroline doesn't even look like she's wearing the uniform. She looks like she's in a blue dress. They need more levels imo. 

Also, Yuko is standing out to me in a bad way. She is the only one hanging on the top like that. It can be a cute look in individual pictures, but it's out of place in the group shot. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm going to hell for this, but I don't think Tess is pretty enough for the front row. I would put Khayln in her place, then Savannah in Khayln's place, then Tess where Savannah is. Also I think Lexie and Gina should switch places. Gina is a fab dancer, but she's not facially gifted. 

Otherwise this picture is a hot mess imo. The top back rows look way too uniform and the front half look way too gapped. Poor Caroline doesn't even look like she's wearing the uniform. She looks like she's in a blue dress. They need more levels imo. 

Also, Yuko is standing out to me in a bad way. She is the only one hanging on the top like that. It can be a cute look in individual pictures, but it's out of place in the group shot. 

Completely agree with all of this! May I also add, why is gorgeous , classy, most senior vet Lacy not in a better spot?!!

• Love 9

It’s probably just the angle on this or something, but brunette vet on the far right (Rachel?? Molly??) looks about 18 feet tall in this. Agree that Lacey should be featured more - I thought she’d be front & center.  And Khalyn too. 

I don’t feel like they’re hiding Christina. She’s right behind Yuko, & more or less even with Rachel, Lauren, & a blond 2nd year i’m having trouble identifying.  & I think she looks cute. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 7
On 10/8/2018 at 10:34 PM, sleepyjean said:

They have this uniform as well

0BD1D99C-A793-4B97-A82B-A2545306E057.jpeg

• Love 6

I am not a fan of how they styled Lauren's hair for the squad photo.  And agree about the comment upthread about Gina.  She is a great dancer but her face is a little lack luster for the front row.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I am not a fan of how they styled Lauren's hair for the squad photo.  And agree about the comment upthread about Gina.  She is a great dancer but her face is a little lack luster for the front row.

That's Gina in the front? I didnt recognize her. I liked her hair better with some curl in it. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Is it just me or does the grouping and the posing seem a little off

Nope, not just you :)  I don't like the 1st row, you have Gina & Heather on the ends, Alexis and Tess in the center, then "Oh, right, we forgot about Lacey, let's plop her over here."  The symmetry is gone with putting her where they did.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Although I LOVE seeing my girl Alexis front and center, I am surprised they didn’t put Lacey in that spot and Alexis on the left opposite of Tess

Agreed

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I have such a girl crush on Alexis I hope she stays few more seasons 

Same!

On 10/8/2018 at 11:52 PM, scorpio1031 said:

She has a beautiful smile here.  Maybe she isn't self conscious and it's a more natural smile - not "posed" ???  I mean, the girl is gorgeous when she is allowed to be herself if that makes sense.  The makeup is more subtle, not so heavy.

Or this one with all three daughters.  They all look great here.

I maybe in the minority here but I think Victoria is pretty just needs a little more maturity  

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Nope, not just you :)  I don't like the 1st row, you have Gina & Heather on the ends, Alexis and Tess in the center, then "Oh, right, we forgot about Lacey, let's plop her over here."  The symmetry is gone with putting her where they did.

Yeah, it seems a no brainer to me that Lacey should be placed where Alexis or Tess is. I also would’ve switched Amy and Gina. There are only 3 girls with 4 or 5 years. They should be front and/or center IMO. The picture is probably the one area where I think seniority should matter.

The picture also looks lopsided in the back row. I’m not sure if that’s because the picture is titled though. However, Alanna appears to be standing taller than the other girls.

I think last year’s picture was much better.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Agree.

7 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

How do you not know what the "MeToo" movement is? I mean you are not consuming news at all and your social media must be so filtered with god knows what that it didn't cross any of your timelines. That is absolutely nuts. What else did she not know. 

It IS difficult to understand this as an adult. However, I can kind of see considering her age how news just isn't important to her and how she can just ignore it. With that said, #MeToo is kind of a big deal so it's difficult for me to really understand how she missed that.

15 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, it seems a no brainer to me that Lacey should be placed where Alexis or Tess is. I also would’ve switched Amy and Gina. There are only 3 girls with 4 or 5 years. They should be front and/or center IMO. The picture is probably the one area where I think seniority should matter.

The picture also looks lopsided in the back row. I’m not sure if that’s because the picture is titled though. However, Alanna appears to be standing taller than the other girls.

I think last year’s picture was much better.

All of this! There doesn't seem to be a "center." It's a nice picture though, but I certainly would place more senior vets in the front.

• Love 1

Darn it! My blasted computer is acting up, so I went back to my old computer. The problem is my old computer will not let i-tunes run, so I cannot watch the last three episodes. Hopefully they will be posted on youtube. I cannot afford a new computer right now. 

Pardon the interruption:

October 10- World Mental Health Day 
We all have shadows. Even so, life can be isolating. I feel as though as we navigate life, we all meet other souls who inevitably leave us behind and take a bit of our heart when they go. I truly believe no one gets to the finish line with a perfectly untarnished heart. It is the greatest gift of life, to be able to love in the time that we are given.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

• Love 10