Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

Seriously! She's so over dramatic that I wonder if she has a personality (mental) disorder. And the way her face falls at even the slightest, most carefully stated critique shows she is not used to being criticized, only praised, and she can't handle it. These along with just letting whatever thought pops into her brain fly out of her mouth confirms that she is too i(mmature for any job where she'd be required to speak publicly or have to have a great deal of responsibility. If, when she cuts Victoria, Kelly doesn't give her a stern speech about becoming more mature and controlling her tongue, I'm going to be ticked off. Don't you all wonder what VK and her mother are thinking watching these episodes and seeing her behavior displayed like that for anyone to see on TV? I'd be so ashamed. 

Yeah, it's called special snowflake syndrome.

• Love 20

Just for context about Victoria’s weight gain, Selina was 14 pounds heavier than last year and she was cut for weight. Victoria’s gone up at least 11 in a few weeks.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, caffeinez said:

Every week as I watch the episode, I think "this MUST be it.  They are FINALLY building to Victoria getting cut."  But, here we are.

Torture. Long, drawn out torture. It is all a ploy from CMT to keep us watching until the bitter end. You SUCK, CMT!! 

Screenshot_20181014-131126_Chrome.jpg

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 17
On 10/13/2018 at 1:13 PM, DocBrown said:

I didn't realise how dark Jayln's hair is now! (From Madeline M's Twitter)

Do9nQ4_VAAAVKHf.jpg:large

Jalyn's body is to die for!  But the hair.  Oh the hair.  I don't think it's just a color problem.  I think there is a huge cut problem and I am not quite sure I can identify it.  I have horrible, thin hair, but maybe her's is just too thick?  And maybe too many layers?  Like maybe it is a "Roeffler" cut from the 70's?  I would actually love to see that heavy straight hair and big forehead in a Holly P shorter cut with bangs.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, rose711 said:

The editors are doing as good a job as they can of making her look really dumb.  This is past Vivian level dumb. - I’m hoping Victoria has a poem too.

They don't even have to try. She is spoon feeding the footage to them.

• Love 7

So this is my 4th or 5th time guessing how the cuts will go. I havent been right yet...

But, im thinking ep12 Tara and VK get cut, and ep13 Malena and Lily get cut

I mean, it shouldnt be rocket surgery anymore. I think ive got it right this time

(Ps yes I know what I did)

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Thoughts about this season besides VK

[snip]

Maddie-one of the best comeback stories ever.  She is an amazing dancer and a good teacher and leader.  I love how she shelters the cut girls from the cameras.

Re: VK

Thank you.  VK has been beaten to death around here and I fully acknowledge I've made posts about her as well.  The points have been made.  Nice to read about other girls.

Re: Maddie

I also love how she protects the cut girls.  She's been there (her first season when she was cut) and knows how devastating it can be.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Re: VK

Thank you.  VK has been beaten to death around here and I fully acknowledge I've made posts about her as well.  The points have been made.  Nice to read about other girls.

Re: Maddie

I also love how she protects the cut girls.  She's been there (her first season when she was cut) and knows how mortifying it can be.

Agree. I'm even sick of listening (typing) to myself comment on VK. 

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

Just for context about Victoria’s weight gain, Selina was 14 pounds heavier than last year and she was cut for weight. Victoria’s gone up at least 11 in a few weeks.

People are different heights and builds though.  11 pounds on a girl who is 5’6” w/ a large frame may not be the same as 14 pounds on a 5’1” girl.  You really can not compare just on number of pounds.   

Selina had weight issues in TC coming back for her second season and they let her stay, then she came back still heavy and was cut.  She was given plenty of time.  A whole season with a pass for being heavy in fact.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Jalyn's body is to die for!  But the hair.  Oh the hair.  I don't think it's just a color problem.  I think there is a huge cut problem and I am not quite sure I can identify it.  I have horrible, thin hair, but maybe her's is just too thick?  And maybe too many layers?  Like maybe it is a "Roeffler" cut from the 70's?  I would actually love to see that heavy straight hair and big forehead in a Holly P shorter cut with bangs.  

I don’t think Jaylns body is that great.   She’s almost too thin and tiny that she looks like a little girl.   When it comes to a petite figure, Savanahs is much better cause she looks healthier and womanly.    Jayln is a clean and powerful dancer so I see why they like her, but if they were picking the girls exclusivley based on how they look, I don’t think she would have made camp.   She doesn’t look like a DCC at all and I think many of us on here recognized this before the show aired and we saw her dance.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

People are different heights and builds though.  11 pounds on a girl who is 5’6” w/ a large frame may not be the same as 14 pounds on a 5’1” girl.  You really can not compare just on number of pounds.   

Selina had weight issues in TC coming back for her second season and they let her stay, then she came back still heavy and was cut.  She was given plenty of time.  A whole season with a pass for being heavy in fact.

Victoria looks bigger in her uniform than any girl I’ve seen in 13 seasons of the show. Her face is fatter and her waist rolls over her shorts compared to auditions.

Kelli weighs them, tracks the weight and uses it as a criteria every season. I’m not the one that picked weight as a reason to evaluate girls, it’s a basic part of their job. Maintaining audition weight has  been in the contract for as long as I can recall, it’s not a surprise this year.

Also, if she’s this bad in training camp, how much is she going to gain over the season? It’s a legitimate question. It’s frustrating to watch Kelli do such a terrible job this year as a leader. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Even if a number had not been mentioned, you can still see the weight gain on VK.  Either way, we know she is cut.  Now we have to see how she does during this next year, and see if she is able to get in shape for auditions.  I hope she is able to figure out why she gained the weight in the first place, or it will be a vicious cycle of dieting.  Did she think that cause she was getting more cardio, she could eat more?  Was she stressed out - we've heard the rumor that she was guaranteed a spot, and if that wasn't true, then maybe she was worried about mom's reaction?  I don't want to see her develop an eating disorder.  I want to see a healthy, smarter VK try out and if she doesn't want to, then I hope she finds what makes her happy.

4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t think Jaylns body is that great.   She’s almost too thin and tiny that she looks like a little girl.   When it comes to a petite figure, Savanahs is much better cause she looks healthier and womanly.    Jayln is a clean and powerful dancer so I see why they like her, but if they were picking the girls exclusivley based on how they look, I don’t think she would have made camp.   She doesn’t look like a DCC at all and I think many of us on here recognized this before the snow aired and we saw her dance.

Some women are naturally thin and tiny, but still very healthy, and struggle to keep on weight.  And a squad of bad dancers who made the team only because of how they looked would be boring.  Jinelle didn't look like at a DCC at first glance and now look at her.  Most of the ones that don't "look like a DCC" just need to be given a chance.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Even if a number had not been mentioned, you can still see the weight gain on VK.  Either way, we know she is cut.  Now we have to see how she does during this next year, and see if she is able to get in shape for auditions.  I hope she is able to figure out why she gained the weight in the first place, or it will be a vicious cycle of dieting.  Did she think that cause she was getting more cardio, she could eat more?  Was she stressed out - we've heard the rumor that she was guaranteed a spot, and if that wasn't true, then maybe she was worried about mom's reaction?  I don't want to see her develop an eating disorder.  I want to see a healthy, smarter VK try out and if she doesn't want to, then I hope she finds what makes her happy.

Some women are naturally thin and tiny, but still very healthy, and struggle to keep on weight.  And a squad of bad dancers who made the team only because of how they looked would be boring.  Jinelle didn't look like at a DCC at first glance and now look at her.  Most of the ones that don't "look like a DCC" just need to be given a chance.

I agree. At least she doesn't look like a cookie cutter DCC. That's boring. I can't tell most of these girls apart. Yay for being unique! 

• Love 6

I fully believe that all this bullshit of "OMG, how are we going to cut anymore girls?  They're all so good!!" is aimed 100% at the Kalina family to make them feel less pissed off about Victoria's cut (which, let's be honest, should have happened a LONG time ago).  By doing it this way, they're trying to camouflage the fact that Victoria was a freaking disaster and instead present it as "well, everyone was amazing, but somebody unfortunately had to go."

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

I fully believe that all this "OMG, how are we going to cut anymore girls?  They're all so good!!" is aimed 100% at the Kalina family to make them feel less pissed off about Victoria's cut (which, let's be honest, should have happened a LONG time ago).  By doing it this way, they're trying to camouflage the fact that Victoria was a freaking disaster and instead present it as "well, everyone was amazing, but somebody unfortunately had to go."

I agree. Victoria should have been cut after media training and ignoring Jinelle. 

I’m curious about her cut because she obviously has issues in just about every area we’ve seen. I wonder if it will just be weight or will also address maturity, treating DCC as a job, respecting her bosses, being a good teammate, speaking well in interviews, and dancing in control.

I think Victoria will not be able to get it together.  She may make the team next year, I don’t think she will be able to control and maintain her weight. I’m not even sure she takes these issues seriously. I don’t expect a dramatic improvement because she’s shown little over all these weeks.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, rose711 said:

Its really an embarrassment for the team and the process that Kelli has kept Victoria this long. It’s made worse that the weight wasn’t her only issue -Kelli doesn’t trust her in front of a camera (but Taylor got cut), she ignored Jinelle who was asked by Kelli to help her, and, she wasn’t even picked as a good teammate by her group leader, who is one of the most influential girls on the team.

My thought is that Kelli kept VK as long as she did to give her an opportunity to do the cameo shoot. She has dreamt of being a DCC her whole life, and maybe Kelli knew she was going to have to cut her, so she let her at least have that moment. Just a thought.

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Cookie5 said:

Is Tina Kalina in this picture taken today?

970A05A6-1BCC-4C0D-89B4-BBBBE166F887.jpeg

Well I tried to use the picture and look for big blonde hair that looked like Tina’s to see if she was in it, but then that became futile cause there are at least 8 ladies w/ “Tina hair” in the Alumni tops.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Well I tried to use the picture and look for big blonde hair that looked like Tina’s to see if she was in it, but then that became futile cause there are at least 8 ladies w/ “Tina hair” in the Alumni tops.

Is there any significance to the number on the jersey? Is it their rookie year, or last year, or just a random number?

They want the DCC to all dress much older than their age yet here is Charlotte in a mini skirt.  Wonder is it would be allowed for the girls to wear a mini skirt?  The girls all seem to have to dress a certain way.

• Love 2

Anyone else watching the Cowboys game right now? I always like getting peeks of the girls during actual games, though I wish they showed halftime/entrance footage. There was a closeup of Bridget after their first touchdown and she looked so radiant and beautiful! It was also very easy to spot Cianna during zoomed-out pans of sideline routines...I LOVE her hair.

• Love 17
On 10/13/2018 at 1:39 AM, MyFavShows said:

Lacey looks so plastic and fake in that photo compared to what she looked like when she first made the squad - did she have a second nose job, and what is up w/ her lips?   She was spray tanned so dark at cameos she looked darker than Kahlyn, and she looks like she has like 3 sets of false lashes on her eyes.

I’m all for glam and makeup, but she barely resembles her previous self anymore.  I don’t think it’s a good image for the DCC that these beautiful girls feel they need to change themselves so much.  Lacey was beautiful like she was :(.

Yes, I love Lacey, and I've never really saw the "plastic" label that has been put on her before (I think her nose job was fabulous and money well spent), but this pic...something is off. If she is still messing with her face, she needs to stop. 

On 10/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, CaseyRe said:

i dont actually mind the dress. its a style I'd wear happily, if not colour (and its a bit hyperbolic that it's a prom dress, pplease what 18 year old would wear that to prom??).  I know its a youthful, summer colour, but it's far too pink(or in the bastardised words of the great M'Lynn 'that girl looks like she was hosed down in pepto bismol), but it is very DCC-esque in my mind. if it'd been blue, I doubt they'd have had much issue with it

worlds most uncomfortable pose - you've really gotta contort to get your ass and back to get that perfect angle. I think any beauty I used to see in the swimsuit calendar has been smooshed for me after hearing the leacherous photographer. 

On 10/13/2018 at 8:20 AM, SmpIsimon said:

Not a fan of VK, but I didn't think her dress was bad -- in fact, I didn't think it was much different in kind to what the other girls were wearing.

Agreed with both posts. I didn't personally love the color, but it seemed very DCC-ish to me. Furthermore, hot pink was/is a huge color in 2018. Her dress was more of a bubblegum pink, but still, I would be surprised if that dress would inspire negative gossip or stand out all, to be honest.  VK has tons of problems, and that dress was the least of them.

On 10/13/2018 at 11:15 AM, GAgirl said:

Here's basically all my thoughts on training camp. This board moves so fast I can hardly keep up!

Amber/ Bridget- I don't think I'll ever be able to tell them apart. One or both are in show group, one "messed up" during media training (I had no idea what Brenda was talking about either), one came back from California, and one was called out by Marty. 

Bridget has a more "girl next door" look and always looks like she's having the time of her life. Amber has a more mature look. That's the only way I can tell them apart. It took me forever to realize that they were different girls.

Out of Maddie, Kashara, and Cianna, only Cianna impressed me based on the clips that we were shown. I thought the choreo was good for showing musicality, but I wasn't a big fan. In general, while I like Maddie, I just can't get on the "Maddie is a superstar dancer" train.  She's certainly good, but she's never the person who immediately grabs my attention while dancing. 

I'm so over K&J pretending like its so hard to cut girls. Kristen, Malena, and VK could've easily all been cut weeks ago. I like Malena and Kristen, but they, along with VK, are clearly weak links. The viewers have eyes, and we are not stupid. Those 3 cuts are easy. I can understand the apprehension after those 3, but give me a break with the "we don't know what to do" bs. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

They want the DCC to all dress much older than their age yet here is Charlotte in a mini skirt.  Wonder is it would be allowed for the girls to wear a mini skirt?  The girls all seem to have to dress a certain way.

Charlotte's face is so stiff!! Lay off the Juvederm and Botox, honey. Eat a Whataburger. That's the script from Dr. tinabee1967

• Love 7
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I honestly don’t care what women decide to wear regardless of age and circumstance. However, Charlotte looks TERRIBLE. I don’t understand why women feel the need to do this crap to their bodies to fit a societal ideal.  In the battle of the aging process, age always win. Save your money.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

She may not listen to you if you've never had plastic surgery:)

I would still hand her a Whataburger and some napkins so she won't mess on her Lanvin pantsuit.

9 minutes ago, sooooo ill said:

I hope the cheerleaders got to meet Conor Mcgregor today! He's so cool. He passed out his whiskey at the game today and it's sold out everywhere...I'm so jealous. 

He's so hot in that Mama's worst nightmare kind of way. John Cena wishes he looked like Conor.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, jlc said:

She didn't ask, she said it is seafood. I almost want to remember she said "I know it is seafood".???

That makes it even funnier.

I would have asked her “ then what is that leg doing there?”

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Whomever said Amber looks like a young Demi Moore hit it right. 

She does have that very...chiseled jawline like Demi. Does that make her sound masculine? Maybe "defined" is a better description.

7 minutes ago, FLAfan said:

That makes it even funnier.

I would have asked her “ then what is that leg doing there?”

I would have gotten snarky, and retorted, "Well, that sure is some evolved seafood!"

• Love 5

Charlotte has made some...er...questionable fashion choices over the years. I think it was Season Three or Four that she wore this odd ruffled gray mini skirt with a blue Oxford shirt that screamed 80s. Then two years ago she wore some Forever 21esque pink striped skirt/blouse ensemble that blew my mind.

Classically cut pantsuits seem to flatter her frame more but I think she considers them too old style-wise.  

Except for the powder blue over the knee boots, Kelli has made some better fashion choices this season, I think. 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Charlotte has made some...er...questionable fashion choices over the years. I think it was Season Three or Four that she wore this odd ruffled gray mini skirt with a blue Oxford shirt that screamed 80s. Then two years ago she wore some Forever 21esque pink striped skirt/blouse ensemble that blew my mind.

Classically cut pantsuits seem to flatter her frame more but I think she considers them too old style-wise.  

Except for the powder blue over the knee boots, Kelli has made some better fashion choices this season, I think. 

That skirt gave her flamingo legs. Not flattering at all.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

He's so hot in that Mama's worst nightmare kind of way. John Cena wishes he looked like Conor.

43 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Whomever said Amber looks like a young Demi Moore hit it right. 

LO, i don't see either of these things.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Charlotte dresses like she’s 22 years old sometimes.   It looks foolish.  I mean a black leather (or pleather, not sure) mini skirt at 60?  Just no...leather mini skirts are for very, very young women only.

I’m not saying she has to wear matronly grandma dresses by any means, but there are ways to still be age appropriate and still look sexy/attractive regarless of age.    I think w/ very few exceptions, K&J have both mastered age appropriate attractive dress.  The one exception I can think of was those over the knee boots Kelly wore earlier this season - those were bad :(.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Charlotte dresses like she’s 22 years old sometimes.   It looks foolish.  I mean a black leather (or pleather, not sure) mini skirt at 60?  Just no...leather mini skirts are for very, very young women only.

I’m not saying she has to wear matronly grandma dresses by any means, but there are ways to still be age appropriate and still look sexy/attractive regarless of age.    I think w/ very few exceptions, K&J have both mastered age appropriate attractive dress.  The one exception I can think of was those over the knee boots Kelly wore earlier this season - those were bad :(.

She really does. I always wonder if I'm trying to dress "too young" for 36. I get black leggings (i have 12 identical pairs lol) with solid colored fitted shirts from the juniors department. I've tried shopping in the "ladies" department but man it's just not my style. And I'm going from two tone hair (platinum and black) back to all blond because I feel too old to rock it. But then I see 55 year olds with rainbow hair and mini skirts so who knows these days.

Kelli and Judy dress well for their age I hope to have their style sense when I get older. 

Edited by sooooo ill
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

I would still hand her a Whataburger and some napkins so she won't mess on her Lanvin pantsuit.

Hes a bad boy. Totally my type. Conor wishes he had John Cenas height and muscles?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I honestly don’t care what women decide to wear regardless of age and circumstance. However, Charlotte looks TERRIBLE. I don’t understand why women feel the need to do this crap to their bodies to fit a societal ideal.  In the battle of the aging process, age always win. Save your money.

Her legs are so skinny those boots look huge on her. And her face looks so different. I try not to be an asshole on these boards, but y’all know Charlotte is NOT my fave. Mad respect for what she’s accomplished professionally, but don’t care for her!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I wouldn't call that a mini skirt (too long), but definitely not a good style choice for her. 

• Love 1