Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Kelli was literally asking those girls to pick between Victoria and Lilly - they all knew Victoria was strongly being considered for being cut.  I can’t see why any of them wouldn’t have just gave their honest opinion on her.  They have no reason to lie.  It’s not like they had to pick someone to cut out of all the TC - Kelli narrowed it down to a specific few for feedback.

Is Kashara VK’s GL?  Was Lily also in her group?  Perhaps that’s why she was speaking on those specific two girls?

Whats got to be hard re: that scene is now Ashlee knows Lacey wanted her cut ;)...that’s got to be awkward.  

Yes. Each group leader referred to their specific squad and placed stickers on their "top 9."

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Victoria is in Kashara’s group not Lacey!s

And is Ashlee in Lacey’s?   If so, I think that scene was just the GLs commenting on the girls in their group, and specifically those at the bottom.  It would make sense that they’d know the most about the girls personalities and abilities.

Again, that scene airing probably created some awkwardness w/ Ashlee and Lacey being that Lacey was hinting towards how she should be cut.

4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Yes. Each group leader referred to their specific squad and placed stickers on their "top 9."

Top 9 explains why Kashara put a sticker on herself ;).

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

And is Ashlee in Lacey’s?   If so, I think that scene was just the GLs commenting on the girls in their group, and specifically those at the bottom.  It would make sense that they’d know the most about the girls personalities and abilities.

Again, that scene airing probably created some awkwardness w/ Ashlee and Lacey being that Lacey was hinting towards how she should be cut.

Top 9 explains why Kashara put a sticker on herself ;).

They're all going to have chosen themselves. 9 is the group size and they're not going to exclude themselves from that 9, that'd be stupid.  Lacey definitely chose herself, you can see her pic behind Maddie at one point

I've finalyl realised what I don't like about VK's smile - her teeth are too white.  your teeth shouldn't be whiter than the whites of your eyes, it looks super unnatural, and while many on the team have teeth too white, hers are so white, it's like theyve been tipexed. its too much and with her large smile, it's blinding and just looks so unnatural

• Love 4

I wonder if Tara/Savvy didn't have some sort of breakup?  Last year, they were a "package deal" and both were shown crying when asked what they would do if the duo was broken up.  This year in pics where they are given a choice, they are not near each other (for example calendar reveal).  I agree with you all that Tara looks sad and depressed.  Maybe the answer is right in front of us? 

• Love 8
On 10/9/2018 at 10:53 PM, PixieDust said:

Completely agree with all of this! May I also add, why is gorgeous , classy, most senior vet Lacy not in a better spot?!!

I totally agree with Khalyn deserving "front row" but I think she looks amazing in her position standing up. She looks so sassy ~ she is just beautiful!!!  And I think KaShara looks like a million bucks also!!!!  I don't think they have Lacey positioned well, she deserves a spot with better recognition-more towards the middle. 

The group picture as a whole IS a hot mess, I agree with others !! 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Opine said:

I wonder if Tara/Savvy didn't have some sort of breakup?  Last year, they were a "package deal" and both were shown crying when asked what they would do if the duo was broken up.  This year in pics where they are given a choice, they are not near each other (for example calendar reveal).  I agree with you all that Tara looks sad and depressed.  Maybe the answer is right in front of us? 

I said before that I didn't think they seemed like super BFFs or anything. Even though they were the package deal last year, they seemed to be "close" because they cheered for the same team. They weren't like Jasmine and Danielle who were both from the Jets as well, and seemed to actually be best friends. I hope I'm making sense. Lol

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I said before that I didn't think they seemed like super BFFs or anything. Even though they were the package deal last year, they seemed to be "close" because they cheered for the same team. They weren't like Jasmine and Danielle who were both from the Jets as well, and seemed to actually be best friends. I hope I'm making sense. Lol

This. They knew each other and were friends but not BBFs til death or anything. Package deal was more of trying to make a storyline.

Also the Danielle/Jasmine bestie storyline was played up more than it actually was. They were friends and teammates, but once were established more in Dallas didn't really hang out too much. Danielle gravitated to the party crowd and Jasmine hung out with the BGC. Not falling out, just got to know other people so didn't need each otehr as much. 

• Love 5

Sometimes I cringe when I read my posts and all the other ppsts because we are talking about real, live, breathing, thinking, feeling, young women....and the world is already against women as it is. Do I personally think VK was ready to be a DCC-No. Could she ever be-Yes. She is not fat per real world standards. Was her body ready for DCC- yes during auditions, no during camp. I dont think VK was ever shy or meek or quiet. It is not a bad thing to be- Go Big or Go Home, you just need to develop the maturity to know the best and appropriate times to use your boldness. 

My best guess is that VK forgot the entire process was a job interview. I feel like she assumed the interview ended with the invitation to training camp. If she really did grow up with Auntie Kelly, it can be hard to abruptly transition away from that relationship, to that of a Boss/Employee dynamic.

I wish the best to all the young women just trying to find their place and figure out how to make sense of the world

Edited by Thebiglebowski
  • Love 20

I wish VK would have left home for a year & studied at a university or maybe even traveled abroad. It’s amazing how much living away from home & your parents forces you to mature. She would probably have fit in well joining a sorority, which would’ve done wonders for improving her communication skills. Overall, I think getting away from TK & becoming her own woman by going to a university away from home would have really helped her. Hopefully, she comes back more polished, so we can all feel comfortable rooting for her.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

This. They knew each other and were friends but not BBFs til death or anything. Package deal was more of trying to make a storyline.

Also the Danielle/Jasmine bestie storyline was played up more than it actually was. They were friends and teammates, but once were established more in Dallas didn't really hang out too much. Danielle gravitated to the party crowd and Jasmine hung out with the BGC. Not falling out, just got to know other people so didn't need each otehr as much. 

I always wondered if Danielle and Jasmine stayed best friends. I remember Danielle cried when Jasmine did not make it back to training camp her third or fourth season, but she didn't cry hard. ?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Sometimes I cringe when I read my posts and all the other ppsts because we are talking about real, live, breathing, thinking, feeling, young women....and the world is already against women as it is. Do I personally think VK was ready to be a DCC-No. Could she ever be-Yes. She is not fat per real world standards. Was her body ready for DCC- yes during auditions, no during camp. I dont think VK was ever shy or meek or quiet. It is not a bad thing to be- Go Big or Go Home, you just need to develop the maturity to know the best and appropriate times to use your boldness. 

My best guess is that VK forgot the entire process was a job interview. I feel like she assumed the interview ended with the invitation to training camp. If she really did grow up with Auntie Kelly, it can be hard to abruptly transition away from that relationship, to that of a Boss/Employee dynamic.

I wish the best to all the young women just trying to find their place and figure out how to make sense of the world

I politely disagree. Being young and naive is not an excuse. Especially when we have had several great DCCs straight out out high school. Also, "forgetting that the entire process was a job interview" is also not an excuse. There are 12 seasons of MTT to prepare candidates for TCC.

Not many young people have an opportunity handed to them on a silver platter by an aunt. VK f'ed that up all by herself.

Finally, "transition away from a relationship" makes VK sound like a toddler.

• Love 8

Man, I have to say I am still a bit weirded out with how Tara looked in the office visit.  Something was definitely off.  Bloated, defeated and something else I can't quite pinpoint.  I always liked that she wasn't all pageant glam but instead more girl next door approachable.  I hope what ever it was, that she's now in a healthier place in her life. 

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

but she's a GROWN WOMAN now. 

Yeah, sure.

My opinion about Kelli and not cutting down the squad? I think she really wanted all these girls on the team. She waited to see if any of them shot themselves in the foot in order to cut them. Then no one really did (in her eyes) so she had make the decision herself. I honestly think she would have taken the 40 we saw last night, even VK, problems and all, if she could have. 

9 hours ago, M1977G said:

my sense was that he wanted to build her up and push her to call on her confidence because he saw tremendous talent in her.

I thought the same. I think he really liked her and wanted to know he saw something in her.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Man, I have to say I am still a bit weirded out with how Tara looked in the office visit.  Something was definitely off.  Bloated, defeated and something else I can't quite pinpoint.  I always liked that she wasn't all pageant glam but instead more girl next door approachable.  I hope what ever it was, that she's now in a healthier place in her life. 

I thought she had a weird smile plaster on her face at all times. It seemed super off, didn’t seem appropriate, and she was either on something or disrespecting the process to be grinning the whole time.

and by on something, I don’t mean bad stuff. Could be cold medicine or something like that

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Totally don't disagree that shes by no means fat or even 'large' in real world, but in DCC several judges noted her as being heavy during auditions and kelli also said that to her so she was already DCC 'large' at auditions so even if her weight had remained stable, there likely would have been 'subtle' encouragement to lose some anyway.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, meb1130 said:

i dont actually mind the dress. its a style I'd wear happily, if not colour (and its a bit hyperbolic that it's a prom dress, pplease what 18 year old would wear that to prom??).  I know its a youthful, summer colour, but it's far too pink(or in the bastardised words of the great M'Lynn 'that girl looks like she was hosed down in pepto bismol), but it is very DCC-esque in my mind. if it'd been blue, I doubt they'd have had much issue with it

8 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Yes!! Lacey got the Star cover!

EEFBDE58-1E9D-43BE-A518-9A1173D11253.jpeg

worlds most uncomfortable pose - you've really gotta contort to get your ass and back to get that perfect angle. I think any beauty I used to see in the swimsuit calendar has been smooshed for me after hearing the leacherous photographer. 

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

i dont actually mind the dress. its a style I'd wear happily, if not colour.  I know its a youthful, summer colour, but it's far too pink(or in the bastardised words of the great M'Lynn 'that girl looks like she was hosed down in pepto bismol), but it is very DCC-esque in my mind

I can't believe Kelli let someone say something disparaging about Ictoria, but then again, it was a deleted scene!.?????

• Love 6

Kelli needs a better poker face. I need to ask if every single damn skippy one of the guests, like this etiquette woman, just called out VK bc she's a mess or if they were guided to that direction. Bc THE WHOLE FAM DAMILY OF GUESTS finds something wrong and knows she's not ready. 

• Love 6

Cameos: I would have loved to see more rookies and vets. VK may have great hair and legs but her midsection is definitely not DCC standard.

I am glad we got to see the group leaders give feedback about the rookies. I was also surprised that Lacey had gone back and forth on Hannah. I think Malena is a great spoken ambassador but the memory isn’t there yet. I am kind of surprised Lily gets cut given how many stickers she received. 

I actually really liked Marty and his choreography. Out of Maddie, Kashara and Cianna, my eyes were drawn to Cianna. She looked very clean performing the choreography. I don’t think it was uncalled for him to call out Bridget. I wish K and J listened to their guest choreographers more often when it comes to cuts.

I really think VK should have gone home this episode if not sooner. IMO, she tries to be bold but looks s******. I doubt any other rookie could have a similar weight issue and ambassador issue and still be here. I hope Kristin comes back. Her comment during etiquette training won me over.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Lily doesn’t have great facials when she dances and she didn’t look very photogenic in the cameos.  My bet it came down to Brennan, Malena and Lily (after VK and Tara were already gone) and they knew they had to pick one and went w/ Brennan cause the girls like her personality and felt bad cause it was her third time in camp.

I don't think Brennan was on the bubble. She's improved a ton from past years, she's getting noticed for the right reasons and she's quietly sliding under the radar. 

6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Kelli was literally asking those girls to pick between Victoria and Lilly - they all knew Victoria was strongly being considered for being cut.  I can’t see why any of them wouldn’t have just gave their honest opinion on her.  They have no reason to lie.  It’s not like they had to pick someone to cut out of all the TC - Kelli narrowed it down to a specific few for feedback.

Is Kashara VK’s GL?  Was Lily also in her group?  Perhaps that’s why she was speaking on those specific two girls?

Whats got to be hard re: that scene is now Ashlee knows Lacey wanted her cut ;)...that’s got to be awkward.  

Yes, they are both group 2. Kelli gave them enough stickers for their group minus one. Kashara actively picked Lily over Victoria, but I think her full length explanation is because of CMT. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, CPA1967 said:

This is what I do not understand. All the stickers for Lily?  What in the world could she have done to be cut at this late hour?  She even had a yes from Kitty. 

891BC4AB-BB70-4B9D-A417-8B642BDE4B47.jpeg

Pulling at your hair and being so dramatic about 7 more cuts is an 18 year old who was told she was on the team and doing this for camera time. She never felt like she was one of the 7..ever. 

B487DD1E-6D78-450F-B8CC-CA3F1737D65E.jpeg

AA76F65B-C84B-4934-BF82-090BB44D004E.jpeg

Caption: Is it obvious that I am giving the eye to the camera while I am giving this over the top reaction?

• Love 15
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Doesn't this all make you wonder how much time Kelli really spent with VK while she was growing up?  Wouldn't she have noticed this?

No. Kelli has never had to see Victoria in a professional environment. This is why you don't mix friends/family with business. It's messy and often leads to hurt feelings and broke relationships. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I'm not surprised. Kitty is useless. 

You would think that she could only use one sticker and was afraid to use for Jayln at the expense of VK.  Fear of TK runs deep in that one.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I noticed some white streaks going down her face. Could it be from spray tan?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

She seemed clinically depressed to me. I hope someone picks up on it and she gets help.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Kelli needs a better poker face. I need to ask if every single damn skippy one of the guests, like this etiquette woman, just called out VK bc she's a mess or if they were guided to that direction. Bc THE WHOLE FAM DAMILY OF GUESTS finds something wrong and knows she's not ready. 

She's shooting more side eye than Marshall

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, FLAfan said:

Let’s face it, when she fell out of 2 turns in tryouts she should have been let go.

Yes, but then they would have had to cut VK for the same reason and they couldn't (grabbing their pearls) do that. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, KrCMommy said:

Okay! I had to make an account just to ask...

is it just me or are Kelly and Judy soft this year? Any other year people making mistakes on dances they learned at the start of TC it’d be no question...CUT. But this year they are keeping them, and times they do bring someone in to cut they end up giving them another chance?!

Malena makes a million mistakes every week! She is beautiful, has a wonderful smile, speaks well, but the memory is not getting better and it’s too late to still be making these mistakes! The same reasons they gave for not wanting to cut Kristin (beautiful, good personality, good speaker, would be good at appearances) but cutting her (inconsistency) is the same for Malena as well!

Any other season they would have been cutting practically each week! I can’t remember them ever needing to make so many cuts still this late?

sorry if this stuff has already been mentioned! I just found this site last week and am so glad I did!! 

Welcome @KrCMommy!

19 hours ago, Lily80 said:

I want to know why Kelli has to keep it to 36 now. Someone said it was Charlotte’s decision. What—they can’t shell out a few more bucks for a couple of extra DCC? 

The DCC admin budget must cover the salaries of the director, choreographer, asst. choreo, technical coach, trainer & support staff. There is a budget for uniforms & sundries, game day & sanctioned event transportation, practice & game day wages for the women. These are all fixed/known costs and are determined well in advance of the season, typically when budgets are set months or even a year in advance.

Remember, DCC is not necessarily a revenue-generating division of the club, at least not the way you think. Yes, there are appearance fees earned by the organization, but those go right back into their operating budget. 

The calendar sales are part of marketing revenue, just like other merchandise like t-shirts, mugs, etc. The cost of producing the calendar comes from in small part from the DCC budget and largely from marketing. 

Finally, there is the expense of SG. More costumes, more practices and, of course, more travel & accommodations, especially for their beloved USO tours. These tours are fantastic for optics, but they do not directly generate revenue. The costs are absorbed by the Cowboys org, but luckily for them can be partially written off like a donation.

The point in saying all this is that simply adding one, two or four extra gals to the lineup is an expense that must be justifiable on paper. Will they get more bookings, sell more calendars and generate more revenue with an extra body or two on the squad? Or, would those funds be better spent on an additional supporting staff member, more guest choreographers and other expenses that could improve the DCC beyond just one season?

Hope this makes sense; I got distracted writing it.

• Love 12

Icky/Icktoria? Are we really doing that now? Is that supposed to be irony - calling her a childish name because people think she's immature?

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Has this been done before?  Is this the first time on camera? 

I would be very surprised if this is the first year Kelli has asked her GLs for input. They may not have done it on camera before, but I'd bet money she asks them to weigh in almost every year.

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Lacy got the cover of the star magazine 

This is the same photo from the back of the big calendar. Given how many shots and how many suits they shot each girl in, it's surprising that they choose to (or have to?) repeat photos in the various media.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Icky/Icktoria? Are we really doing that now? Is that supposed to be irony - calling her a childish name because people think she's immature?

I would be very surprised if this is the first year Kelli has asked her GLs for input. They may not have done it on camera before, but I'd bet money she asks them to weigh in almost every year.

This is the same photo from the back of the big calendar. Given how many shots and how many suits they shot each girl in, it's surprising that they choose to (or have to?) repeat photos in the various media.

I guess they decided that was the best of the ones of her in that (hideous and cliche) custom bikini.  Not that it aactually shows any of the bikini top, ie where most of the work was put into the construction (sorry, but it was basically two metal coconut shells with stars on that looked like star shaped nipples) but i guess they figured ass sells

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I guess they decided that was the best of the ones of her in that (hideous and cliche) custom bikini.  Not that it aactually shows any of the bikini top, ie where most of the work was put into the construction (sorry, but it was basically two metal coconut shells with stars on that looked like star shaped nipples) but i guess they figured ass sells

My theory on the metal coconut shell shots is that they reflect everything around them so there was no “clean” shot of them.  I mean, who wants to see creepy photographers guys reflection!

• Love 3

I’m rewatching the season because it’s Friday night and I clearly need a life.  First, I’m genuinely perplexed as to why Sarah the former Laker girl didn’t make it into training camp.  She was good and positive comments all around...except from Charlotte. And I just became less perplexed. Next up, VK looks so much better at tryouts. Enough that I’m almost genuinely concerned. Oh, and If weatherman Scott gets fired as a judge, let’s riot in the streets. JK, I’m not leaving my couch. And let’s talk Kelli’s wardrobe.  To quote Judy “struggle bus”.  In the latest episode, she looks the very best.  Her clothes fit her and accentuates her in the right places.  Good job to the wardrobe person on this episode.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, CPA1967 said:

This is what I do not understand. All the stickers for Lily?  What in the world could she have done to be cut at this late hour?  She even had a yes from Kitty. 

891BC4AB-BB70-4B9D-A417-8B642BDE4B47.jpeg

Pulling at your hair and being so dramatic about 7 more cuts is an 18 year old who was told she was on the team and doing this for camera time. She never felt like she was one of the 7..ever. 

B487DD1E-6D78-450F-B8CC-CA3F1737D65E.jpeg

AA76F65B-C84B-4934-BF82-090BB44D004E.jpeg

Your screenshots give me life!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, jlc said:

I always wondered if Danielle and Jasmine stayed best friends. I remember Danielle cried when Jasmine did not make it back to training camp her third or fourth season, but she didn't cry hard. ?

I thought Danielle seemed devastated when Jasmine didn’t make it back that year.  IIRC she was much more upset than Jasmine herself.  Maybe I’m remembering it wrong though - need to rewatch...

• Love 9