Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect JB and M have always and everywhere put the kibosh on anybody trying to explore or enjoy adolescent or adult interests. For fear that, in moving the goal posts upward from about age 9 or so, they'd be encouraging involvement with "adult interests." 

"Act and think like an 8-year-old" is the parental standard for all Duggarlings, regardless of how damn old they get, I would guess. 

Then they get to graduate to thirteen when they enter a courtship!

i wish we could introduce them to tween culture and let them work their way up from there. They could partake in 90's nickelodeon and the babysitters club, and like wholesome things that aren't geared for children, before moving to adult entertainment. Also, there is plenty of PG adult entertainment out there if they chose to stick to that! Hallmark Christmas movies anyone? Or just regular hallmark movies!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 12
On 5/31/2019 at 12:35 PM, Scarlett45 said:

These days I don’t think young women “get their colors done” 

There are not consultations, including less expensive group ones like I had in 1986, but color analysis is all. over. Pinterest.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Oh geez, I wonder what kind of Father's Day sentiments Asa will be sending Josiah tomorrow. 

I anticipate a very long letter to Josiah from Lauren about what a wonderful father he has been to their 2 children. There will be something about baby Asa watching over him from heaven.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

I anticipate a very long letter to Josiah from Lauren about what a wonderful father he has been to their 2 children. There will be something about baby Asa watching over him from heaven.  

I got my barf bucket handy because it's going to be beyond nauseating!🤮

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Yeah Asa Duggar hairline is so wishing daddy happy Father’s Day! Lauren is insufferable train wreck . But do I stop reading about them? 

Lauren will pose sideways sticking her gut out. Look at me I’m pregnant with a Duggar seed!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Lauren will pose sideways sticking her gut out. Look at me I’m pregnant with a Duggar seed!

Don't forget the Asa balloon in the background. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

My guess would be that any genuine message Lauren posted would have to include a mention of Asa, because omitting her miscarried child would feel wrong to her. However, if she is aware of the backlash she is getting,  she could have decided to just skip any social media posts for Father's Day.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

My guess would be that any genuine message Lauren posted would have to include a mention of Asa, because omitting her miscarried child would feel wrong to her. However, if she is aware of the backlash she is getting,  she could have decided to just skip any social media posts for Father's Day.

I agree. I know I don’t share any of Lauren’s beliefs, but I think within the world she lives she is doing the best she can. I kinda do sympathize with her and don’t hate on her any more than the other young “married to the Duggars.” 

• Love 6
(edited)

I know it's supposed to be funny, but men holding their nonexistent bumps is more annoying to me than pregnant women holding their (nonexistent) bumps. I'll admit people find different things funny.

I'll say this for Lauren; she is one of the most stylish young Duggar ladies, and I think she has a knack for chosing clothes.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 18
(edited)

Umm, Lauren, honey, all Josiah has done so far to be a “dad” to your “children” is provide his sperm and, maybe, get you some ice cream when you’re craving it. Maybe wait to wax poetic about his fathering abilities until you see what kind of hands on dad he really is.  

Also, lay off the fake tanner.  Either embrace your paleness or get a suntan. Cause THAT is terrible. 

Edited by irisheyes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I’m beginning to wonder if Lauren needs professional help...this is getting weird.

She’s clearly having trouble coping to an extreme degree. I worry that if she doesn’t get some counseling or support to help her process her feelings about the miscarriage it will impair her ability to parent her future children in a healthy way. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I was right! And Josiah looks more pregnant than his wife. 

Well it's deliberate. He's trying to look pregnant.  He's arching his back and sticking out his stomach with his hand on the pretend bump.  It's supposed to be funny. I find it annoying, but other people probably do find it hilarious. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

I know it's supposed to be funny, but men holding their nonexistent bumps is more annoying to me than pregnant women holding their (nonexistent) bumps. I'll admit people find different things funny.

Ohhhhh.   I didn't catch that. I thought he was pointing at her stomach, which, with Si, I assumed was the end of a grand sweeping arm gesture affirming, "Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have procreated."

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I really just can't with this one.

Lauren is going to be in for a rude awakening when all the attention shifts from her and her loss and her and this pregnancy, to the child she gives birth to. And her baby will be one of many and won't get that much attention from others either.

Time to grow up Lauren.

Once she's on Pregnancy #3 and Baby #2 is born, people will have lost interest. The twins and Jason should be courting someone by that point and/or married. No1curr.

I understand they wanted Josiah married off ASAP. If the Josh scandals hadn't broke, he probably would have married Marjorie as soon as she turned 18. He would have gotten married before Jinger and Joe. But they could have found someone a wee bit more palatable than Lauren. 

The only one that will outdo Lauren is the girl who was on the Greece missionary trip. If she is indeed courting Jason or one of the twins. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Well it's deliberate. He's trying to look pregnant.  He's arching his back and sticking out his stomach with his hand on the pretend bump.  It's supposed to be funny. I find it annoying, but other people probably do find it hilarious. 

I guess I have a pretty high tolerance for this sort of thing...My first thought was that it was kind of a self-deprecating reference to the fact that he has developed a bit of a pooch himself, and thought the wry look on his face was actually kind of cute. Milages do vary, though.

I also think that the color on her legs might have partially been caused by reflection from her dress. That vibrant of a yellow is going to affect colors around it, and filters may have made it even more obvious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

And there it is.....

Oh Lauren you batshit crazy little girl. This constant reference to your balloon baby/late, heavy period/miscarriage is nuts. Get help pronto. Also, you don't look pregnant yet, you just look like you're showing off that you just ate a whole pizza by yourself...a food baby. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

Ohhhhh.   I didn't catch that. I thought he was pointing at her stomach, which, with Si, I assumed was the end of a grand sweeping arm gesture affirming, "Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have procreated."

I thought the same thing. I just figured he finally realized what to do with his jazz hands .

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2

I’m in the recurrent loss “club” like @Marigold, and I wince at Lauren’s perseverating over her first loss, especially while pregnant with a second, seemingly viable pregnancy.

I don’t know if any of y’all watch 90 Day Fiancé, but last week one of the couples featured was similar in that they were pregnant with their rainbow baby but the cloud of the first loss loomed over damn near the entire pregnancy. What I really liked is that their midwife had them write a letter to the first pregnancy, so that they could let go and enjoy the second pregnancy. Lauren needs to do something like that, she needs to let her heart fully break for the child that wasn’t so she can fully envelope the child that is.  

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Lauren needs to do something like that, she needs to let her heart fully break for the child that wasn’t so she can fully envelope the child that is.  

Agreed. But I'm concerned for her that if she does focus on this baby and find herself able to make it the priority, that she'll feel guilty for that and then double down on the narrative she's got going. 

• Love 2
On 6/17/2019 at 4:29 PM, mynextmistake said:

She’s clearly having trouble coping to an extreme degree. I worry that if she doesn’t get some counseling or support to help her process her feelings about the miscarriage it will impair her ability to parent her future children in a healthy way. 

This. I had a full term still birth then got pregnant again fairly quickly (My daughters are only 13 months apart). When my second daughter was born I had so many issues dealing with her as I had not fully processed my loss. I spent too much time comparing them and there was too many what ifs instead of concentrating on who my daughter was. Lauren needs to move on for the sake of all the children yet to come. 

• Love 10
On 6/17/2019 at 10:50 AM, Marigold said:

Lauren has some mental health issues, which is sad because she is really young and most likely won't be able to see a therapist. 

Is over-the-top-attention-seeking a mental health issue?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1