Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

I think when you have been taught that your only role in life is to produce children, and you 'failed' at your first attempt your mindset instinctively would be to show the world you have been successful .....look see, I did it, I did what I was told I had to do, I made sperm and egg meet up, created a baby and now I am going to show you ever opportunity I can that I am a good incubator because that is how I and everyone I know validates me as a good human being.

• Love 6

Is it me or does that bump look bigger in the group shot than it did in the photo with just her and Josiah?

FFS, Lauren, you're only what, 3 or 4 months pregnant? To be fair, everyone carries differently and Joy legitimately showed early on in both pregnancies, but methinks that Lauren is sticking out her belly a little more than normal in this pic.

However, that was the biggest smile I've seen from Josiah in a long time interestingly. Maybe because he was standing with other people that are not Duggars nor Lauren (even though Lauren was also there)? 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

We seriously need an eye roll emoji for posts like this.   She is killing me with the bump holding.   Granted, I was pregnant 23 years ago, BUT the only time I ever held the bump was at 9 months pregnant.  I am 5’ tall on a good day and my stomach was hella large.   My purpose in holding it up was to release pressure.   

She is an attention whore and all of this is to draw attention to herself.   @Lunera nailed it, it’s gonna be a very long pregnancy.

I'm going straight to hell for this one but when I saw all those pictures with her holding the barely there yet bump my first thought was can we please get Abbie to explain to her that you don't have to physically hold babies in there for the entire pregnancy; they won't just fall out on their own.

Well that makes 5 Duggar girls pregnant this year, should be an interesting season 10 (premiering July or August maybe??).  I wonder if they'll include Anna at all?  I'm very sure though they'll recap Lauren's miscarriage several times as they cover the current pregnancy.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Is it me or does that bump look bigger in the group shot than it did in the photo with just her and Josiah?

FFS, Lauren, you're only what, 3 or 4 months pregnant? To be fair, everyone carries differently and Joy legitimately showed early on in both pregnancies, but methinks that Lauren is sticking out her belly a little more than normal in this pic.

However, that was the biggest smile I've seen from Josiah in a long time interestingly. Maybe because he was standing with other people that are not Duggars nor Lauren (even though Lauren was also there)? 

I feel like Lauren is caving in her ribcage and chest, causing her lower abdomen to bulge out more.  Didn't Lauren grow up with a perpetually pregnant mom?  This stage of life should be matter of fact for her.  Enough posturing!

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, louannems said:

I feel like Lauren is caving in her ribcage and chest, causing her lower abdomen to bulge out more.  Didn't Lauren grow up with a perpetually pregnant mom?  This stage of life should be matter of fact for her.  Enough posturing!

But then what in the world will she do to get attention for the rest of her life? 

She comes off as a real lover of attention to me, and she doesn't have any other way of getting it in their setup. 

I expect she'll milk every bump for all it's worth. So to speak.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

Did she seriously hold her stomach in every picture? I worked with a girl years ago that did this constantly. I remember going to dinner with the small group I worked with and she walked in holding her belly and she was barely pregnant. She soaked up any attention she could get.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Madtown said:

Did she seriously hold her stomach in every picture? I worked with a girl years ago that did this constantly. I remember going to dinner with the small group I worked with and she walked in holding her belly and she was barely pregnant. She soaked up any attention she could get.

Its going to get annoying real fast. 

• Love 18

Maybe the bump holding is so that she (or others) will remember that she was pregnant at the time when they go back and look at these photos in the future??  I mean, I totally get that she wants a baby and IS pregnant, but it's so over the top to do it in every.single.photo!

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, louannems said:

How would Lauren even know these two NYC sisters?

I think they were at Carlin's wedding. They're also friendly with the Duggars. Fundyish NYers.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Madtown said:

It already is..lol I weep for that child as it will always be the 2nd child in their eyes.

I predict they'll forget all about their first pregnancy as soon as their child is born, unless it suits their agenda to remember the miscarriage. Remember J'Caleb? Neither does Mullet, unless she's using it for her own purposes. 

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I was worried she would keep dragging around Asa the balloon everywhere.

That would make for great SNL skits.....

Sorry, I'm usually not that mean so point me to the Prayer Closet to repent (with snacks please.)  Lauren has never been one of my favorites.  I feel for her having a miscarriage but everything is way over the top with her.  Like others have said,  she isn't the first one to suffer a miscarriage nor is she the first one to get pregnant after having one. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

I predict they'll forget all about their first pregnancy as soon as their child is born, unless it suits their agenda to remember the miscarriage. Remember J'Caleb? Neither does Mullet, unless she's using it for her own purposes. 

I truly hope you are right!

• Love 3

As others have posted, it's gonna be a long pregnancy, with drama galore.  Lauren's mother was likely the same way.  Hopefully Mother Swanson didn't make slaves out of her girls.  Kendra's mother at least seems more "hands-on" and less of a lazy breeder, a la Michelle.

• Love 7
On 5/25/2019 at 11:03 PM, awaken said:

OMG with the holding of the baby bump!!!  It compulsory with these people!

This is going to be a loooooooong pregnancy, just like Meghan Markle's was.

Lauren is going to be utterly insufferable throughout the entire thing.

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

This is going to be a loooooooong pregnancy, just like Meghan Markle's was.

Lauren is going to be utterly insufferable throughout the entire thing.

Meghan was annoying and insufferable with the endless bump-clutching as well. Maybe that's who Lauren is taking her cues from?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Meghan was annoying and insufferable with the endless bump-clutching as well. Maybe that's who Lauren is taking her cues from?

Probably. Someone needed to give that woman a fidget spinner or cube so she'd stop clutching her belly. Maybe someone needs to give Lauren one of those things.

This has to be a new thing within the past few years. I don't remember my mom's generation holding up their "baby bumps" nor did any of my friends who got pregnant in the late teens/early 20s.

We get it. You had unprotected sex and got pregnant. Woohoo! There's evidence you JUST HAD SEX. The best 30 seconds of your life!

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Probably. Someone needed to give that woman a fidget spinner or cube so she'd stop clutching her belly. Maybe someone needs to give Lauren one of those things.

This has to be a new thing within the past few years. I don't remember my mom's generation holding up their "baby bumps" nor did any of my friends who got pregnant in the late teens/early 20s.

We get it. You had unprotected sex and got pregnant. Woohoo! There's evidence you JUST HAD SEX. The best 30 seconds of your life!

Way too much information!

Edited by bigskygirl
On 5/26/2019 at 10:53 PM, awaken said:

He always looks uncomfortably stuffed into his clothes. 

Like a stuffed sausage.

21 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

As others have posted, it's gonna be a long pregnancy, with drama galore.  Lauren's mother was likely the same way.  Hopefully Mother Swanson didn't make slaves out of her girls.  Kendra's mother at least seems more "hands-on" and less of a lazy breeder, a la Michelle.

I don’t get a drama galore vibe from Lauren’s mom from what we’ve seen of her (not much) she seems kinda quiet, her dad however seems very attention seeking and a complete famewhore she probably gets it from him.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

I wonder why they decided to name their spontaneous abortion Asa when embryos start out female and sex cannot be determined until about 16 - 18 weeks. 

Because they can.  They can project whatever story they want since the embryo is all possibility and no reality.  In their world men rule so why not make it a boy just like JB and Michelle with Caleb.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

I wonder why they decided to name their spontaneous abortion Asa when embryos start out female and sex cannot be determined until about 16 - 18 weeks. 

Because they are the Duggars and since they are the world's most perfect family the doctors knew the SEX of the baby even though it was before it was feasible to know.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Because they are the Duggars and since they are the world's most perfect family the doctors knew the SEX of the baby even though it was before it was feasible to know.

Asa is a fairly unisex name, though. Maybe that's one of the reasons they chose it. At least naming the embryo when the sex is unknown spares you from having to resort to "it" when discussing your miscarriage. Which they will probably do forever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Is the name some sort of weird tribute to the governor? 🤔

Well, a few months ago he did sign the abortion bill, which is kind of a "special" one since it includes a ban, with criminal penalties, that will be triggered if/when the Supremes overturn Roe v. Wade. 

So, yes, I expect that's the Asa they have in mind. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, a few months ago he did sign the abortion bill, which is kind of a "special" one since it includes a ban, with criminal penalties, that will be triggered if/when the Supremes overturn Roe v. Wade. 

So, yes, I expect that's the Asa they have in mind. 

Yeah, I don't know that they've been as publicly tight with him as they have other politicians in the state, but a lot of their politics do line up. (Edited to add, when he was inaugurated, they apparently referred to him as a "good friend." So, I guess he's not quite a special friend? 😂)

I kind of suspect Asa was picked retroactively to make a point. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Maybe it's some sort of theme. Like either A names so next would be Ava or Abraham...

If they want to out-fundie some of the others with Biblical names, maybe they can use something like Adoniram. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah, I don't know that they've been as publicly tight with him as they have other politicians in the state, but a lot of their politics do line up. (Edited to add, when he was inaugurated, they apparently referred to him as a "good friend." So, I guess he's not quite a special friend? 😂)

I kind of suspect Asa was picked retroactively to make a point. 

Not even  a "sweet friend." ha. 

Yeah, I think you're right about the retroactive pick. I'd be surprised if it wasn't because of the bill. That particular bill is one that made a big splash nationwide by having Roe as a trigger. So I'm sure Asa became the talk of their crowd over it. Elevated himself in their eyes quite a bit, probably. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2