Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

If the wedding was going to be in November why did the bride choose 'summer-like" bridesmaids dresses in the first place? I'm sure there are vey nice long sleeved bridesmaids dress choices out there...These people seem to always choose wedding attire for the wrong season IMO.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, floridamom said:

If the wedding was going to be in November why did the bride choose 'summer-like" bridesmaids dresses in the first place? I'm sure there are vey nice long sleeved bridesmaids dress choices out there...These people seem to always choose wedding attire for the wrong season IMO.

Such a good point. They could have done something like this:

winter-colors-everybay-co-1217.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Such a good point. They could have done something like this:

winter-colors-everybay-co-1217.jpg

They could've easily added pashmina wraps or bolero jackets or cropped sweaters to match their dresses.  They could've looked really cute and been a lot more comfortable.

10 hours ago, floridamom said:

And they aren't even particularly nice or special dresses to start.  If you're going to pick dresses that aren't appropriate for an outdoor wedding in November, they should at least be very flattering.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Reddit has a picture of Lauren where she's not holding the flowers in front of her and she looks very pregnant. She's got a high, rounded bump that doesn't look like leftover baby belly. 

Could you share a link?

11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Reddit has a picture of Lauren where she's not holding the flowers in front of her and she looks very pregnant. She's got a high, rounded bump that doesn't look like leftover baby belly. 

She dropped her baby weight very quickly. She was back to form fitting clothes in no time flat.

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank you! Lauren definitely looks pregnant. 

Interesting that Josh's son Michael was in the wedding party. And David Waller, yet no Prissy.

I saw one picture with Lauren and I couldn't tell one way or the other. Not sure which picture you guys are looking at.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Interesting that Josh's son Michael was in the wedding party.

I mean, he is the groom's nephew. Though it is a weird conglomeration of people in the wedding party, and I still don't get the inclusion of Josie Duggar. Like, if you wanted one younger bridesmaid (or flower girl? She's kind of old to be a flower girl...), David has lots of nieces...

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 6

Hard to tell because all the girls seem to be wearing Regency gowns which make anyone look like they have a pooch 

1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I mean, he is the groom's nephew. Though it is a weird conglomeration of people, and I still don't get the inclusion of Josie Duggar. Like, if you wanted one younger bridesmaid (or flower girl? She's kind of old to be a flower girl...), David has lots of nieces...

Noelle and Prissy's girls are still flower girl-aged. I think Josie was a junior bridesmaid.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hard to tell because all the girls seem to be wearing Regency gowns which make anyone look like they have a pooch 

Noelle and Prissy's girls are still flower girl-aged. I think Josie was a junior bridesmaid.

Very true about the style of dress, but when compared to some of the other bridesmaids, Lauren looks to have less pleats and a rounder belly.

image.png.d342f0fd57fb33c922425340d3f52921.png

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Very true about the style of dress, but when compared to some of the other bridesmaids, Lauren looks to have less pleats and a rounder belly.

I don't know who those girls are, but a few of their dresses appear to be just like Lauren's. I don't know if she's pregnant or not, but I guess I'm blind, because I really can't tell just from the dress/pose.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

@Zella, what was the weather like late Friday afternoon?

It was a pretty average November day, in the 50s. I'd actually for some reason thought their wedding was on Saturday rather than Friday, and that was a slightly warmer day. But their dresses, IMO, look pretty skimpy for the weather. 

The main thing I remember about Friday was it was pretty chilly early in the morning, and I was hoping my dog didn't want to have a repeat of his 5 am "let's wander around the yard for 10 minutes while I ponder the meaning of life instead of using the bathroom" excursion from the morning before. LOL 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

It looked chillier than 50's. But those dresses were probably no match for the cold. At least Hannah's dress had long, ugly sleeves, although even they were rather sheer. 

Jessa's wedding still wins for outdoor idiocy. Ice cream in a parking lot with temps in the low 40's FTW.

• Love 9

Doesn’t Hannah Reber have a brother and sister-in-law? Where either of them in the wedding? Jed! seems an odd choice of all the Duggars but I sometimes think they draw names out of a hat to decide who is in the wedding. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I still think the third girl from the right is Lily Swanson which means the Swansons have a connection to the Rebers. Here's a picture of Lily from Counting On:

image.png.45ecd56722d2654e5ca442b608721915.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It looked chillier than 50's.

Depending on how late in the afternoon it was, the temps no doubt dropped quite a bit lower. Our lows this week have been anywhere from 20s to 40s. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jed is besties with Hannah's brother, whose name (while unique) escapes me. They're connected through that Freedomist group. I have only seen him in a couple of pics, so I couldn't pick him out of a lineup. I'm sure he was a groomsman. 

I had to press the picture of the groomsmen to get the full photo on my phone. Looks like her brother is on the far right. 

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

I had to press the picture of the groomsmen to get the full photo on my phone. Looks like her brother is on the far right. 

Not sure that’s him. I don’t see his wife either. She posted a cryptic note on Facebook thanking Lemuel for taking care of his family of 2 and putting their health first. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 4
17 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Not sure that’s him. I don’t see his wife either. She posted a cryptic note on Facebook thanking Lemuel for taking care of his family of 2 and putting their health first. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Maybe she's a covid believer and they avoided the wedding that offers a chance at covid, pneumonia and the flu?

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Reposted this comment in the Sweet Friends discussion:  Do you think JillRod was hurt that the Rod family wasn’t invited to David’s wedding?

Probably. Do I care? Nope. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Reposted this comment in the Sweet Friends discussion:  Do you think JillRod was hurt that the Rod family wasn’t invited to David’s wedding?

I think she must have been. Didn’t they used to visit the Keller’s during their travels?  So they were already sweet friends in Jill’s mind even before Nathan and Nurie married. Now the Rods and Keller’s are family through their kids, so I’m sure Jill’s ego is severely bruised. 

The bigger question for me is why weren’t they invited? In my mind, Jill is so annoying that David Keller put his foot down and refused to include her and her family and Nathan and Nurie were perfectly fine with that. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Boston said:

Her stomach may be pushed out becuause she is 'hunching' over.. on the fence here.

That's what I think.

When I first started reading this speculation, my first thought was "why is everyone so obsessed with outing these women on their pregnancies? Who cares?" Then I realized what a ridiculous thought that was.

I still don't think any of them make any effort to conceal their pregnancies and most of them announce when they're only 8 weeks along. I think that Jessa announcing at 4 months was the latest. Still, Lauren might be pregnant and not want to announce too early after her previous miscarriage.

Or, if we've all been good, and the stars are finally aligned, maybe they'll stop breathlessly announcing each pregnancy on any and every available medium.

Aside from Josh and Anna, and Joe and Kendra, though, I don't think any of them will have an especially large family. 

• Love 6

Lauren and her SsIL wore very similar dresses for their pregnancy photo shoot. Lauren's chest and abdomen looked smaller during that shoot, than she does in the wedding photos.

That photoshoot was done right before Ivy was born, IIRC, so late May 2019. That would have made all the November pregnancies in early second trimester at the latest. I don't recall how early Lauren began showing, but as little as she is, she probably was hardly showing at all then. Which means if she's pregnant now, she's pretty far along. 

How far along is Katey? I can't recall when they made the trip to the Walmart bathroom to take a pregnancy test, only that it was still baseball season.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That photoshoot was done right before Ivy was born, IIRC, so late May 2019. That would have made all the November pregnancies in early second trimester at the latest. I don't recall how early Lauren began showing, but as little as she is, she probably was hardly showing at all then. Which means if she's pregnant now, she's pretty far along. 

How far along is Katey? I can't recall when they made the trip to the Walmart bathroom to take a pregnancy test, only that it was still baseball season.

Actually, Ivy was a newborn, so the photoshoot could have been early May. I think Katey announced the beginning of September.

image.png.9a686a8c2e4fa5d5b33a9cae077aaca9.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Actually, Ivy was a newborn, so the photoshoot could have been early May. I think Katey announced the beginning of September.

I think this photo was the inspiration for the Reber/Keller wedding attire.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Ivy was born in late May, so this would have been taken right before Mary died in early June. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ivy was born in late May, so this would have been taken right before Mary died in early June. 

Oh right, they were birthday buddies and Ivy was born, sadly, on her last birthday.

• Love 3