Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

(edited)
16 hours ago, Fosca said:

I think she likes the hat because it frames her face and makes it stand out against the background.  For what it's worth.

Also hats like that are trendy.

16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

She probably has two kids and is pregnant with her third by now. 🙃

She only has one kid although she might pregnant now. 

16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wouldn't that be something! Josiah and Lauren working real jobs and Bella in preschool. 

Bella is 18 months old. That's usually too young for preschool.

Edited by Temperance
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Bella is 18 months old. That's usually too young for preschool.

In my world these days I hear a lot of young parents say "preschool" instead of "daycare," even for toddlers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, lascuba said:

Did they go quiet after the raid? Because I think they could see what was coming and noped out early.

This makes me wonder, of everyone in that ginormous family - who knew of the scandal to come, who knew nothing, who was lied to about it?  Especially the Duggar boys - would JimBlob have confided in them in order to get them to keep their womenfolk quiet?  The majority of the Duggar kidults all have kids of their own now.  In what universe would they want their own kids anywhere near Josh?  It hurts my brain to think about who might have known what, when, how, etc.  That makes me think that perhaps Josiah knew the storm was coming and peaced out, or Lauren found out and justifiably freaked out, or Josiah had a crappy relationship with Josh from way back.  It must hurt to be just another boy in a massive family that worships the Golden Boy even though he's a disgusting piece of crap.

16 hours ago, leighdear said:

And I think Josiah has a different gig and just keeps his head down, works it and keeps the 3 of them out of sight as much as possible. 

What does Josiah do to earn money besides collect his allowance from his dad?  If he has a real paying job then good for him.  The House of Jim Bob will be collapsing soon.  The more kids that are able to get out from under it, the better.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, she organized the Fall Festival.

I've said it before, that looked actually enjoyable, far more than anything producers have cooked up as a plot driver for the show -- setting aside they did the whole thing during a pandemic.   A lot of what she planned looked like it would be a great fall afternoon for a family with young kids -- present company absolutely excluded.

I think Lauren actually could work as an event planner, possibly even a wedding planner if she lived a less insular lifestyle and was exposed to a variety of vendors and built a network of people she could direct her clients to.  I'm not suggesting that's imminent or likely, just that it's apparent she has some talents there.   Even using it within their confines I can't blame her if she chooses to develop an outlet for her talents and interests.   I cannot imagine a life sentence in that community. 

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

This makes me wonder, of everyone in that ginormous family - who knew of the scandal to come, who knew nothing, who was lied to about it?  Especially the Duggar boys - would JimBlob have confided in them in order to get them to keep their womenfolk quiet?  The majority of the Duggar kidults all have kids of their own now.  In what universe would they want their own kids anywhere near Josh?  It hurts my brain to think about who might have known what, when, how, etc.  That makes me think that perhaps Josiah knew the storm was coming and peaced out, or Lauren found out and justifiably freaked out, or Josiah had a crappy relationship with Josh from way back.  It must hurt to be just another boy in a massive family that worships the Golden Boy even though he's a disgusting piece of crap.

Honestly, I'm not sure that most of the Duggars believe that Josh is a danger to their children. Until explicitly stated otherwise, I'm going to assume that all negative feelings towards Josh is about him constantly "sinning" and causing scandal for the family.  It's really important to me to remember that all of them were raised in a cult that completely warped their way of looking at the world, and that the way they see and feel things is not at all how your or I see or feel them. I'm already mentally preparing myself for when Josh gets out of prison and we eventually see pictures of Josh included in various family events, because "forgiveness" and all that jazz. If the kidults want to maintain a relationship with Michelle and JB, they're going to follow their lead.

That said, I think Josiah specifically might be done with Josh. Is it true that he had to testify in front of the grand jury or was that a rumor? Because if true, and if he was questioned about those materials because he worked at the car lot, being dragged that close to the investigation would be enough to turn anyone off. It's only sheer luck that Josh was texting while downloading those images. The investigational waters could have been a lot muddier, with Josiah (and Joe) being heavily implicated.

Edited by lascuba
  • Useful 4
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Quof said:

Yes, everything is "school".  That's why infant daycares have "graduations".

33 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

They do?

The one adjacent to my office building certainly does (or did, pre-pandemic). From passing by, it looked awfully cute: just a way to mark a milestone as the babies moved on to toddler class or toddlers moved to actual preschool.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

They do?

Yup. I have pictures of my son, now 34, in graduation hat at ages 1,2, 3,4 and 5 from his “school”. We laughed that he graduated more times in his first five years than in the next 25!

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

It's part of the "everybody gets a trophy" generation.  I have no opposition to cake, for any occasion, but surely you have higher hopes for you child than "graduates from daycare"; you can hold out for caps, gowns and diplomas until then.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Honestly, I'm not sure that most of the Duggars believe that Josh is a danger to their children. Until explicitly stated otherwise, I'm going to assume that all negative feelings towards Josh is about him constantly "sinning" and causing scandal for the family.  It's really important to me to remember that all of them were raised in a cult that completely warped their way of looking at the world, and that the way they see and feel things is not at all how your or I see or feel them. I'm already mentally preparing myself for when Josh gets out of prison and we eventually see pictures of Josh included in various family events, because "forgiveness" and all that jazz. If the kidults want to maintain a relationship with Michelle and JB, they're going to follow their lead.

That said, I think Josiah specifically might be done with Josh. Is it true that he had to testify in front of the grand jury or was that a rumor? Because if true, and if he was questioned about those materials because he worked at the car lot, being dragged that close to the investigation would be enough to turn anyone off. It's only sheer luck that Josh was texting while downloading those images. The investigational waters could have been a lot muddier, with Josiah (and Joe) being heavily implicated.

Josh will be a registered offender for the rest of his life, potentially limiting their freedom to make choices.

That's not the only reason I suspect the toothpaste ain't going back in the tube this time.  Bottom line, JB is a pragmatist with an eye to his self interests.   I think Josh will no longer be allowed to come inside the perimeter again.   JB may provide a truly meagre subsistence with the proviso Josh is not to be seen or heard from again, but I expect that's where it's going to be in JB's all out bid for self preservation.   Denouncing Josh will provide the only prospect of cover from public opinion.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Tikichick said:

Josh will be a registered offender for the rest of his life, potentially limiting their freedom to make choices.

That's not the only reason I suspect the toothpaste ain't going back in the tube this time.  Bottom line, JB is a pragmatist with an eye to his self interests.   I think Josh will no longer be allowed to come inside the perimeter again.   JB may provide a truly meagre subsistence with the proviso Josh is not to be seen or heard from again, but I expect that's where it's going to be in JB's all out bid for self preservation.   Denouncing Josh will provide the only prospect of cover from public opinion.

I’m predicting a prodigal son situation when he’s out of prison. 

• Love 6

When someone's on the Offender Registry, how does that work? I know about the restrictions as far as having to stay away from schools and such, but do the rules apply to family? If the Duggars consent to having Josh around, can he attend parties and other events?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

When someone's on the Offender Registry, how does that work? I know about the restrictions as far as having to stay away from schools and such, but do the rules apply to family? If the Duggars consent to having Josh around, can he attend parties and other events?

I'm no expert on this and I know there are different levels of offenders, but I always thought a registered child sex offender could never intentionally be around children. They can go to McDonald's to grab a bite to eat, but they can't hangout in the children's play section. I believe it holds true for family members as well. They can't go into a home or to a function knowing children will be present.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I’m predicting a prodigal son situation when he’s out of prison. 

This stank never washes off in the court of public opinion.   Even JB knows this, and JB is always out for JB.

8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

A prominent family with many, many minor children and a publicly known registered offender attending family events where it's all too easy to slip away with an unattended minor or two unseen is an engraved invitation for CPS to be up in everyone's business on a regular basis.

He will also ultimately have parole conditions that must be met, and his sentence may include other specific provisions that will last an indeterminate amount of time. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

I had assumed the registry kept him from living or working near schools, parks, etc. but that it doesn't interfere with being around individual children as long as he's supervised. But the registry is that restrictive, then yeah, he's done with family. They have no choice.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm no expert on this and I know there are different levels of offenders, but I always thought a registered child sex offender could never intentionally be around children. They can go to McDonald's to grab a bite to eat, but they can't hangout in the children's play section. I believe it holds true for family members as well. They can't go into a home or to a function knowing children will be present.

Only while on probation. This may be different for violent Offenders but once you’re off probation you can be around anyone and you don’t have to disclose your status. HOA’s and such can prevent one from moving into a neighborhood but they are free to live and be amongst people. They do have to register with their local PD and check in yearly but they are not restricted for life like you’d think. My exBIL is on the list, I have a lot of first hand knowledge about his subject unfortunately. 

• Useful 19
On 5/21/2021 at 8:10 AM, Tikichick said:

This stank never washes off in the court of public opinion.   Even JB knows this, and JB is always out for JB.

A prominent family with many, many minor children and a publicly known registered offender attending family events where it's all too easy to slip away with an unattended minor or two unseen is an engraved invitation for CPS to be up in everyone's business on a regular basis.

He will also ultimately have parole conditions that must be met, and his sentence may include other specific provisions that will last an indeterminate amount of time. 

These are federal charges, aren't they? There is no parole in federal court, though they may reduce a sentence for "good behavior." 

Not my jurisdiction, but generally, unless the offenses were against their own children, offenders are unrestricted around their own children, and others for that matter, aside from schools, parks, etc. (depending on the level of offense). 

Everything in his life, if convicted, will be regulated by the specifics of his post-release plan. 

Christ on a bike. Before this I had no idea there were "sex offender rights" organizations. I don't know how to feel about that. The current proximity rules are all but worthless. And of course, Josh is a repeat reoffender. Yuck. 

• Useful 9
3 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

These are federal charges, aren't they? There is no parole in federal court, though they may reduce a sentence for "good behavior." 

Not my jurisdiction, but generally, unless the offenses were against their own children, offenders are unrestricted around their own children, and others for that matter, aside from schools, parks, etc. (depending on the level of offense). 

Everything in his life, if convicted, will be regulated by the specifics of his post-release plan. 

Christ on a bike. Before this I had no idea there were "sex offender rights" organizations. I don't know how to feel about that. The current proximity rules are all but worthless. And of course, Josh is a repeat reoffender. Yuck. 

I hadn't heard of such groups specifically but I have read some about various criminal justice issues including sexual offender registries and their apparently questionable effectiveness in preventing recidivism. It's a bit of a mind fuck for me, honestly, because I firmly believe that laws and punishments for breaking them should reflect what's been shown to be most effective, but I don't have that moral consistency when confronted with individual cases because I immediately think, "Give that asshole no less than 20 years and ban him from society when he gets out." That feels good to imagine, but on a societal level, does it accomplish what I actually want?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

I hadn't heard of such groups specifically but I have read some about various criminal justice issues including sexual offender registries and their apparently questionable effectiveness in preventing recidivism. It's a bit of a mind fuck for me, honestly, because I firmly believe that laws and punishments for breaking them should reflect what's been shown to be most effective, but I don't have that moral consistency when confronted with individual cases because I immediately think, "Give that asshole no less than 20 years and ban him from society when he gets out." That feels good to imagine, but on a societal level, does it accomplish what I actually want?

The sex offender registry wasn't created to prevent recidivism. It was created so people could check and see if they have sex offenders in their neighborhood as a way of protecting themselves and their children.

• Love 17
On 5/31/2021 at 11:09 PM, madpsych78 said:

In the JD/Abbie thread, it was posted that Abbie has a Poshmark account. So does Lauren.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Meet-your-Posher-Lauren-milagro-604814ca78224ebb407a860f

Lauren's closet, at least, is empty though 🤣.

I give props to anyone who manages to make money off of there. I tried myself, though COVID didn't help the sale of stuff like date-wear; and nobody bought anything. Every time I turned around I was knocking prices down.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, queenanne said:

Lauren's closet, at least, is empty though 🤣.

I give props to anyone who manages to make money off of there. I tried myself, though COVID didn't help the sale of stuff like date-wear; and nobody bought anything. Every time I turned around I was knocking prices down.

Lauren may have just started her closet to buy things- if you sign up you get a “closet” so mine was empty until I added things to sell. 
 Lauren has good fashion sense so I could see her trying to clear things out to make room for new trendy pieces. But you’re right, it’s hard with Covid, people gave not been buying as much. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Today is their anniversary.

Not a peep from anyone, as of now.

Absolutely no mention of Josiah and Lauren from any of the Duggar accounts.  Is it possible they are getting divorced? I can't think of a good reason why nobody--not even Jana with the DuggarFam account--even bothered to put together a quick  "happy anniversary" instagram message.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Maybe he is being called as a witness for the prosecution?  He has been radio silent for quite a while.  I do feel sorry for all the siblings that are not Josh, and I'm sure they want some conclusion as soon as possible.  What a mess.  If silence is their decision, I don't blame them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
(edited)

JB has never hidden his disdain for Si. There’s the incident when it seems he strong armed him during M’s pregnancy announcement. Then the time he body checked Si during the paintball episode. JB was his usual asshole self when confronted on a TH by a producer. He proudly brayed when he said, “You saw that?.” He’s as sadist as his pedophile first born. Volderjosh either inherited or learned that violent side from his donkey faced father. 

Favoritism is a JB and M trait. I’m not a religious person, but I do pray JB’s disdain for Si does not mean he will throw Si under the Stink Bus. Then go back and forth a few times. 

Jill used to be his favorite and now has to ask permission to visit the TTH. If JB does that to his former favorite child, imagine what he will do to what he considers the black sheep in his quiver.

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

Wasn’t there some sort of rift with Lauren’s family and Jim Bob? Maybe they just decided their loyalties lie with her family. Especially if Jim Bob and company are throwing Josiah under the bus to help Josh.

• Love 8
(edited)
47 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Wasn’t there some sort of rift with Lauren’s family and Jim Bob? Maybe they just decided their loyalties lie with her family. Especially if Jim Bob and company are throwing Josiah under the bus to help Josh.

No, the supposed rift was with the Caldwells. However, Joe and Kendra spent time at the Duggar Father's Day celebration, so any rift seems to be with the parents.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, coconspirator said:

Absolutely no mention of Josiah and Lauren from any of the Duggar accounts.  Is it possible they are getting divorced? I can't think of a good reason why nobody--not even Jana with the DuggarFam account--even bothered to put together a quick  "happy anniversary" instagram message.  

I’ve also wondered if Josiah and Lauren have split up.  They’ve been MIA since November.  I think something is going on, and my gut tells me that they’re no longer together.

• Useful 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve also wondered if Josiah and Lauren have split up.  They’ve been MIA since November.  I think something is going on, and my gut tells me that they’re no longer together.

Wasn't she seen at Jed's wedding?

Edited by GeeGolly
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

I don't think they split up. I think Josiah knew something was going down and they decided to get off of social media for their own well being. Lauren loves attention, but I believe she loves her little girl more. Josiah has been put through the ringer by JB, he always seemed to be a more intelligent, kind sort. I remember when he picked flowers for Grandma Mary when they were stopped at the side of the road in "On the Road with 16 kids".

Something tells me Josiah knew the gig was up, and wanted something different for he, Lauren and Bella.

I hope this is true! Si did have a few smug talking heads on the show but maybe he matured and also found happiness living away from TTH and Boob. Plus it seems like he enjoys being a dad. 

• Love 8

I really think SiRen's disappearance has more to do with Lauren. Lauren likes Lauren-created drama and attention, but had no control over trolls, haters and regular folk on SM. Most drama llamas I know can't handle being called out. I give her/them credit from pulling back from SM. Like they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. It seems they did just that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I really think SiRen's disappearance has more to do with Lauren. Lauren likes Lauren-created drama and attention, but had no control over trolls, haters and regular folk on SM. Most drama llamas I know can't handle being called out. I give her/them credit from pulling back from SM. Like they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. It seems they did just that.

Yeah I could see that. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I could see that. 

I could see that too, but I also think it has something to do with Josh. Maybe the two of them have the good taste to know this isn't the time to be posting all over social media and decided to just lay low. 

• Love 3

I really hope Si didn't get dragged into the Joshley mess. Josh deserves to rot in prison, but if Si has to testify against him, that will be awful. He's already the red-headed stepchild of the family, and Boob and Michelle have proven they'll protect their golden boy at all costs. I think they'd disown him the same way they disowned Jill.

I'm much happier thinking Lauren is too sensitive to handle the ugly side of social media. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I really hope Si didn't get dragged into the Joshley mess. Josh deserves to rot in prison, but if Si has to testify against him, that will be awful. He's already the red-headed stepchild of the family, and Boob and Michelle have proven they'll protect their golden boy at all costs. I think they'd disown him the same way they disowned Jill.

I'm much happier thinking Lauren is too sensitive to handle the ugly side of social media. 

Both things could be true. Josiah did work at the car lot. 

So long as they are taking care of Bella I wish them all the best. I understand not wanting a public social media. Several of the Brown kids don’t have one. They haven’t fallen out with the family it’s just not for them. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

This has been my thinking on it ever since their social media absence became noticeable. I don't think Lauren was equipped to handle all of the trolls and haters. And to be fair to her, I assume most people wouldn't be, but her personality seemed especially ill-suited to it. 

Of course, it's hard to evaluate it too much without knowing the full story, but I'm inclined to give them some kudos for not participating in the social media circus. For all of Jinger and Jeremy's talk about it, they're still obviously not above continuing to dangle their children in front of the public in teasers. 

• Love 17

I also just don't think Lauren, Kendra, Abbie, Bin, Austin were good at the scripted TLC crap. The Duggar kids have been doing this for years and years. I doubt Kendra actually giggles all the time like she did on the show. The marriage episode edit made Lauren look like a bitch. but who knows what really went on there.

JD and Joe have been awkward since the beginning of the show. I would add Jana to that, but she has learned to play her part. social media, shill the same crap as her sisters/SILs and sit through endless TLC driven "when will you be getting married TH, like a dutiful soldier for the $.

Jeremy though, is all about the fake story lines and acting. He is a poser and I think probably the only one without parents arranging the deal with JB. The rest of the in laws wanted fame by proxy of having married their spawn into the duggar TV family.

Hilaria must be dying, the show was cancelled since she stated a while back they did filming and it was fun. 😂 no grand TLC funded honeymoon or anything for Duddey Doo right and Claire. No Hilaria on TV.

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Hilaria must be dying, the show was cancelled since she stated a while back they did filming and it was fun. 😂 no grand TLC funded honeymoon or anything for Duddey Doo right and Claire. No Hilaria on TV.

that is rather "hilarious". 

• LOL 19
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't think they split up. I think Josiah knew something was going down and they decided to get off of social media for their own well being. Lauren loves attention, but I believe she loves her little girl more. Josiah has been put through the ringer by JB, he always seemed to be a more intelligent, kind sort. I remember when he picked flowers for Grandma Mary when they were stopped at the side of the road in "On the Road with 16 kids".

Something tells me Josiah knew the gig was up, and wanted something different for he, Lauren and Bella.

I so hope you’re right!

• Love 3