Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Not to take anything away from Lauren, but you need a party planner for a one year old birthday party?

If you are a Bates apparently so. There was quite the crowd and they rented a coffee shop. After hours, cos they are so careful about Covid-19 rules, lol. Plus not everyone can arrange beige balloons just right.

• LOL 14

I think Lauren was also on hand for Jessa's photo shoot. It seems Lauren is trying to be the in-law version of Jana. It won't last long though, she'll be popping out another kid soon.

I also think Lauren definitely wants to be part of the Bates crowd. Lauren considers herself fashionable and the Bates are for sure a step above the Duggars in that area.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, jacourt said:

Not to take anything away from Lauren, but you need a party planner for a one year old birthday party?

They sure didn't need a party planner. From what I saw they had a couple of pretty small balloon swags, maybe a few games, and food. Lauren probably begged her way into the job.

• Love 7
On 1/31/2021 at 11:33 PM, BitterApple said:

That's so weird. If Carlin and Lauren are friends, why is Lauren never hanging out with them when Carlin visits Joy? 

Agree!  And why isn’t she plastered all over their SM like joy is?  There hasn’t been much Josiah and Lauren talk lately. No babeez coming?!?!

Edited by awaken
  • Love 1

In one of Joy’s YouTube  stories she said Josiah and Lauren had already been in Tennessee a few days before she arrived for the party. Must be nice to just take off work to travel for a birthday party for a one year old. Unless that is now their job, party planning???

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

In one of Joy’s YouTube  stories she said Josiah and Lauren had already been in Tennessee a few days before she arrived for the party. Must be nice to just take off work to travel for a birthday party for a one year old. Unless that is now their job, party planning???

I'd imagine it's pretty easy when you don't have a real job to take off from. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Lauren, Josiah and Bella moved to LA and help take care of EJ and Lissy. 😁

I think the last sighting we've had of L & J was at Christmas.

I'm ashamed of how much I'd watch drama llama attention hogs Jeremy and Lauren fight for the camera while trapped in their own version of Big Brother. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm ashamed of how much I'd watch drama llama attention hogs Jeremy and Lauren fight for the camera while trapped in their own version of Big Brother. 

Yes, that would be awesome! Fundie Big Brother! Maybe throw in Carlin Bates and Evan too.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Yes, that would be awesome! Fundie Big Brother! Maybe throw in Carlin Bates and Evan too.

29 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Can Lawson play?  I'd love to see him evicted first.

Apparently casting director for this will be volunteer -- and award winning.

For the big finale I want to lock in JB and M with Kelly and Gil.   All food will be fresh, unprocessed and must be prepared by the participants themselves.   All household chores to be performed by the participants as well.   

First Head of House challenge will be each handling the laundry needs for a homeless shelter, properly and efficiently -- and ON TIME.   

• LOL 18

Put Jill Rod in there and everyone will self-evict by Day Two and she'd win by default. 

Lauren, Lawson, Jeremy and Carlin, though?  They'd have to make one whole wall of the house a floor to ceiling mirror.

Come on, Julie Chen Moonves, make this happen!  These people don't care about quarantine anyway.

• LOL 11

Oh, oh, oh and can we deprive each of them of one thing? For Jeremy, Lauren and the rest of the Fundie Narcissists, no mirrors or blowdryers. For Michelle, no Starbucks and none of whatever mood enhancers she’s on. For JRod...no social media, no phone. For JimBob, no hairspray. For Josh, no snacks and only single helpings.

It would be Fundageddon.

• LOL 23

I feel like if Lauren were a true drama llama we'd be seeing more social media posts from her. Based on some other things I've read about her I think she struggles with social anxiety, and she may have a history of depression as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I feel like if Lauren were a true drama llama we'd be seeing more social media posts from her. Based on some other things I've read about her I think she struggles with social anxiety, and she may have a history of depression as well.

That shit she pulled with the sofa at that marriage retreat was pretty textbook drama llama to me. I think you can be someone who is not glued to/addicted to social media and still be a drama llama. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

She may have figured out she’s married to a gay man who’s trying very hard to not be. But I may be giving her too much credit for insight.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh, oh, oh and can we deprive each of them of one thing? For Jeremy, Lauren and the rest of the Fundie Narcissists, no mirrors or blowdryers. For Michelle, no Starbucks and none of whatever mood enhancers she’s on. For JRod...no social media, no phone. For JimBob, no hairspray. For Josh, no snacks and only single helpings.

It would be Fundageddon.

My proposal was going to be overall restrictions for everyone, and mirrors was absolutely on my list of banned items.  

I have to call foul on your single servings.   Josh seems to have the entitlement to then declare the entire portion prepared his entree, leaving nothing for everyone else without a second thought about it.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Tikichick said:

My proposal was going to be overall restrictions for everyone, and mirrors was absolutely on my list of banned items.  

I have to call foul on your single servings.   Josh seems to have the entitlement to then declare the entire portion prepared his entree, leaving nothing for everyone else without a second thought about it.

Good point. How about Josh only eats after everyone else is finished and only what’s left? 😈

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Good point. How about Josh only eats after everyone else is finished and only what’s left? 😈

He also has KP duty, is assigned all toilet scrubbing and takes out all garbage -- upon schedule, not according to his whims.  

Schedules will be adhered to, only to change at discretion of production, NOT the participants.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

@Tikichick, you’re diabolical. 

I like that in a person!

And I haven't even mentioned sofas are banned, bedtime and wakeup are on schedule determined by production, complete with chimes sounding to warn that beds are set to commence automatic foldaway and alert the lazy bums it's time to get their arses out of bed or be displaced onto the floor. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

She may have figured out she’s married to a gay man who’s trying very hard to not be. But I may be giving her too much credit for insight.

I may have done the same with all those people around - and the damn cameras. Maybe not a healthy reaction, but understandable to me.

• Love 1

I predict Claire will be a lot like Lauren. I think these girls, or their parents, wanted the TV show attention but didn't really understand what it involved. Kendra giggled because she was awkward and uncomfortable. Lauren pouted and came across badly on the show. They were both super young to be thrown in to that crazy with zero say on what was shown. Here's your script, take after take to get it right, then it gets edited to make you look like an idiot or a bitch....

Hillary is so far writing the PR for Claire, but I think she will struggle with the being scripted/filmed as well.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Zella said:

That shit she pulled with the sofa at that marriage retreat was pretty textbook drama llama to me. I think you can be someone who is not glued to/addicted to social media and still be a drama llama. 

That's fair, and I probably was thinking a lot about Jeremy and Jessa when I made my post.

With that said, we can't assume that reality TV is 100% real. I think the videos that others post on social media are fair game though. I'm thinking about Lauren kind of off by herself when Jessa was filming the fall festival. That was much more candid than anything that is shown on CO. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Tikichick said:

He also has KP duty, is assigned all toilet scrubbing and takes out all garbage -- upon schedule, not according to his whims.  

Schedules will be adhered to, only to change at discretion of production the viewing audience, NOT the participants.

😉

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Zella said:

Honestly when Lauren did that I started to like her, that was probably the most entertaining thing ever shown on that show, none of that keep sweet BS for Lauren. I hope she keeps throwing the odd tantrum (although I do feel slightly sorry for Josiah but he chose her so). 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
Just now, FizzyPuff said:

Honestly when Lauren did that I started to like her, that was probably the most entertaining thing ever shown on that show, none of that keep sweet BS for Lauren. I hope she keeps throwing the odd tantrum (although I do feel slightly sorry for Josiah but he chose her so). 

Haha I must confess, my reaction was definitely influenced by having to deal with people like Lauren. I wanted to throw something at her. But the sofa thing is what made me watch the episode, and it was awe-inspiring how over-the-top it was. LOL 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 2/24/2021 at 1:11 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

This thread is hot. I was sure it was a pregnancy announcement. Thank goodness it's just fundie Big Brother. 😂

She’s not visibly pregnant in the group photo taken at Magnolia. Of course she could be pregnant and not showing yet.

(edited)

Josiah and Lauren look really good, but I eye-rolled "it's been harder to travel." Girl, you flew to Tennessee to plan a birthday party for a kid you barely know. Not to mention Justin's wedding and the trip to Magnolia. You've traveled.

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

There is a video of Josiah and Lauren talking about Bella on the TLC website, and they seem... surprisingly relaxed and happy?

https://www.tlcme.com/shows/counting-on/articles/josiah-lauren-duggar-counting-on-baby-bella-update

Without even playing the link it's clear that the same makeup terrorist hit Lauren as well.   Whatever shade being used manages to be unsuitable for every one of them, especially when applied as if it's serious discipline for grievous wrongdoings.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Josiah and Lauren don't have any other choice BUT to be happy. 

I mean, Josiah looked pretty miserable for a long time there, both before and after his marriage. Maybe Stockholm Syndrome has finally taken hold, or he's decided to make the best of a bad situation and is enjoying his daughter, but he and Lauren looked more relaxed and comfortable with each other than they have previously, or than some of the other married Duggar spawn lately.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I mean, Josiah looked pretty miserable for a long time there, both before and after his marriage. Maybe Stockholm Syndrome has finally taken hold, or he's decided to make the best of a bad situation and is enjoying his daughter, but he and Lauren looked more relaxed and comfortable with each other than they have previously, or than some of the other married Duggar spawn lately.

Maybe they've found a common interest, happiness in their daughter and are leaning into that?   Maybe they're finally getting around to truly knowing and understanding each other.  

• Love 18
(edited)

I think this video was shot a while ago. They say Bella turned 1 recently, but she turned 1 in November. If Bella was 10, that wouldn't be a big deal, but children grow and change rapidly as little kids.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
On 12/30/2020 at 3:38 PM, Jeeves said:

Poor Lauren. I think that when she was planning her wedding to whatshisname Duggar, she expected to be the next Breakout Star™ on TLC. She hadn't gotten the memo that nobody outshines, outranks, or grabs the spotlight from JB and Michelle, even if their TLC screentime is down since Joshgate. Nobody.

And, sorry, Lauren, nobody much, out in the great American public, cares whether your loinfruit are alphabetized or not. 

"Loinfruit" made my laugh-spit my coffee.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Liamsmom617 said:

"Loinfruit" made my laugh-spit my coffee.

Hee!  On Reddit, they tend to call the youngsters crotch goblins.  That was a new one on me.

It's about time for #2, eh Lauren?  I don't believe they will have more than three or four.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hee!  On Reddit, they tend to call the youngsters crotch goblins.  That was a new one on me.

It's about time for #2, eh Lauren?  I don't believe they will have more than three or four.

Well, Josiah has to have sex with her. I think that's getting to be more difficult.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

It's probably for the best they're taking it slower than Kendra considering she has the same clotting disorder as the Bates girls. 

I just heard about this yesterday. When did Lauren disclose that she has the disorder?

• Useful 5
  • Love 2