Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

It's a term reserved for females. I can only refer you to the Urban Dictionary. (Not linking! NSFW!)

No it certainly isn’t.   Lauren got Arie, which means she got sloppy seconds.  Used goods.  Loser. 

Women use the term all the time.  We have done so for decades at least.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, the vitriol toward Arie and the accusation of Lauren being “complicit” as if this is the aftermath of a crime is over the top. I agree that he showed a lack of empathy toward Becca. But at the same time he’s being accused of following her around with cameras for nothing more than the motivation of juicy footage. I think he just wanted to be sure that he was there for her in his own awkward way. She whimpered a bit but she sure as hell wasnt “ugly crying” and didn’t have much to say. I think he was availing himself so she could “let him have it” and he was willing to take whatever “it” would have been. But Becca wasn’t too broken up about it 2 months ago, and she sure as hell isn’t broken up about it now. This is “part of her story,” so she says, to bring her to being The Bachelorette and “doing the thing.” I don’t think it matters much to her what “thing” she “does” and with whom—and she realizes she’ll have better options than Grandpa Possum.

I understand there’s a litany of “player allegations” spanning 5 years’ worth of People Magazines and Reality Steve tidbits and thwarted women tweets. Ok. But if you think Arie is such a bad dude, then why would you WANT him to be with Becca? Sounds like she dodged a bullet AND was set up for the spin off as the most beloved Bachelorette in Bachelor History—when meanwhile 3 weeks ago and ALL season long—when talking about who “deserved” the lead, her name wasn’t ever mentioned as a contender: it was only ever the OTHER Bekah, Sienne, Tia, and Kendall. (Oddly, all of the “friends” except hanger-on Caroline.) Arie dumping Becca after a month and a half “engagement” was the best thing to ever happen to this woman.

i can understand not liking Arie as a person. And the WAY he handled it was less than ideal, but there is nothing implicitly wrong in realizing over a month or two that he made a mistake. EVERY freaking Bachelor EXCEPT for Sean ALSO quickly realized he made a mistake with his engagement and broke it off. So odds are this engagement with Becca was not going to make it in the long haul—especially when he went into the engagement equally in love with Lauren. As Harrison said last night, Bachelor currently has a 100% success rate for dumping F1 for F2. It also has a 5% success rate for marrying F1. 

Hate the player, not the game. So dislike Arie for being cold-hearted, a player, wearing cardigans, acting like a grandpa, and having a beady possum face all you want. But you can’t fault him for realizing he should have proposed to Lauren but he was afraid she’d say no so he took the safe bet. It’s a television show about him dating and breaking hearts to ultimately find the person to marry. That’s exactly what he did. So he needed a few more weeks to figure out his heart than originally scheduled filming allowed for. So ABC let them film A Very Special Breakup Episode and gave them one more broadcast night. This breakup wasn’t even particularly heart wrenching to be THIS angry at the guy. Imma gonna stop you here for a minute. Jake and Vienna had the best Bachelor breakup of all time.

As has been stated many times in this thread it is not that anyone wants Becca to be with Arie--that is not what people are frustrated about.  They are happy for Becca being free of the jerk.  The issue at hand is how he has handled many things that have been described already.  He did so many things wrong that have already been described, and this is not the first time he has done this to his girlfriends--so very few people are going to cut him slack on how he handled this situation.  

Edited by alexa
  • Love 23

From a People interview....

“ 'We don’t really care what anyone else has to say about it,” says Burnham.
Besides, they’re too busy planning their nuptials, which they say will happen this year (and yes, they’d consider a televised wedding)."

SERIOUSLY???? I would rather remove wallpaper and go to the dentist!!

• Love 10

A decent human being would've broken up with Becca first then called Lauren (he knew he was testing the waters not getting closure) and if he lost both women, he lost both women.  We all know that scenario is the hardest to do and risk being totally alone. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Besides, they’re too busy planning their nuptials, which they say will happen this year (and yes, they’d consider a televised wedding)."

Think of it this way.  They will be the disaster that keeps on giving!  

3 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Rushing into this marriage only proves the point that they are not ready.  If they were really mature and ready they would know they need to get to know one another first.  Obviously.  Oh well.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, alexa said:

Rushing into this marriage only proves the point that they are not ready.  If they were really mature and ready they would know they need to get to know one another first.  Obviously.  Oh well.

We can place bets as to how long it will take Arie to cheat; this could be fun.  But first, will they actually make it to the alter?  

• Love 5
Just now, alexa said:

Right now there is a wedding planner saying cha-ching.  In 6 months to a year after the wedding it will be a lawyer.  If it ever if gets that far. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, alexa said:

Rushing into this marriage only proves the point that they are not ready. 

Rushing into this marriage only proves the point that ABC will televise and pay for it. Just like last night's proposal meant TPTB/Neil Lane comped that engagement ring. Not one dime will come out of Arie's pocket. Or Lauren's. Plus getting paid for it is a fame whore win win.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hpmec said:

She told Kimmel she was already planning a wedding. Who does this unless the ring is already on the finger? What's the rush anyway? This guy is a known player with a horrible track record and a recently broken engagement. If she had any sense at all, she'd proceed cautiously. She's 25 and has plenty of time. Somebody needs to remind her of the old saying, "Marry (Arie) in haste, repent at leisure." 

Why the rush? Because I think she'd rather be working on her first failed marriage rather than her third failed/broken engagement. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 13

Regarding the ring, when Arie originally picked one out, he was presented with a cushion cut and an oval.  I think in the last few seasons there have been less choices, and I'm wondering if they just ask the women which cut they prefer.  Lauren chose the cushion, and Becca chose the oval, so that is the one he originally went with.  The brief look I got at Lauren's ring last night looked like the cushion cut.. so I'm betting he just swapped them out.

• Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Why the rush? Because I think she'd rather be working on her first failed marriage rather than her third failed/broken engagement. 

Maybe pressure to marry soon killed those engagements.  I think this one will fail, too. 

2 minutes ago, GracieK said:

Regarding the ring, when Arie originally picked one out, he was presented with a cushion cut and an oval.  I think in the last few seasons there have been less choices, and I'm wondering if they just ask the women which cut they prefer.  Lauren chose the cushion, and Becca chose the oval, so that is the one he originally went with.  The brief look I got at Lauren's ring last night looked like the cushion cut.. so I'm betting he just swapped them out.

Oh I think each F2 chooses the ring she wants.  They used to show that on an episode, long ago. 

Edited by Wings
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

LMFAO! 

8 minutes ago, alexa said:

As has been stated many times in this thread it is not that anyone wants Becca to be with Arie--that is not what people are frustrated about.  They are happy for Becca being free of the jerk.  The issue at hand is how he has handled many things that have been described already.  He did so many things wrong that have already been described, and this is not the first time he has done this to his girlfriends--so very few people are going to cut him slack on how he handled this situation.  

2 minutes ago, Wings said:

@JenE4.  Read the links posted on the last couple od pages.  They lay out the story and where the uproar lies.  It is not about Arie changing his mind.  

Yeah, I read The Washington Post article. And I do agree that he showed a lack of empathy and had some shady comments. It seems that he was “honest” to Becca about his feelings about Lauren but maybe not to the extent that she realized how deep the feelings were. He waited a week after talking to Lauren before telling Becca, etc. I agree with everyone that this isn’t someone I would marry. I agree with all that. I just think SOME of the posters and opinions of Bachelor Nation are taking this way too far ascribing “motivations” and “proof” that seem like conspiracy theories. For example, the implication that he tried to sleep with Bekah because they met in a hotel room—when meanwhile the article clearly has Bekah saying it was a 30-minute conversation FILMED by the show. This isn’t exactly the unsigned Stormy Daniels NDA smoking gun. Same kind of thing about how they “know” Arie was only following Becca around to make her cry and get a bonus, that’s ridiculous. If you feel the need to make a death threat against our beloved Harrison or take out a billboard to “defend” Becca (when this is the greatest thing to ever happen to her), you might be a tad too invested in this TV show. But i’m Here for the Wrong Reasons, so a “twist ending” is good in my book, yet I do think Lauren and Arie ARE Right Reasons together. Yes, he was cold and awkward as hell with Becca (almost acting like mannequin Lauren!) but he has an entirely different demeanor around Lauren and always has. He may have been a cad to 1,000 different women —including Becca—but darn it I think Lauren is the mystical unicorn to make him a changed man. Hahaha. No, seriously, these two crazy kids just might make it...assuming Lauren seriously ignores the internet and that last episode.

• Love 11

I don't think even watching the last episode will sway Lauren in her resolve to be with Arie.  Whether it's true love or a desire to be the most desired I don't know, but I do think part of the allure for her IS the way it went down.  She seems to be reveling in the idea that Arie chased back after her and was pretty upfront that she was hoping that would happen.  She's flattered and she clearly feels it proves her worth.  Only time will tell if those feelings wear off and the reality of a day to day relationship proves them a good match or not.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, the vitriol toward Arie and the accusation of Lauren being “complicit” as if this is the aftermath of a crime is over the top. I agree that he showed a lack of empathy toward Becca. But at the same time he’s being accused of following her around with cameras for nothing more than the motivation of juicy footage. I think he just wanted to be sure that he was there for her in his own awkward way. She whimpered a bit but she sure as hell wasnt “ugly crying” and didn’t have much to say. I think he was availing himself so she could “let him have it” and he was willing to take whatever “it” would have been. But Becca wasn’t too broken up about it 2 months ago, and she sure as hell isn’t broken up about it now. This is “part of her story,” so she says, to bring her to being The Bachelorette and “doing the thing.” I don’t think it matters much to her what “thing” she “does” and with whom—and she realizes she’ll have better options than Grandpa Possum.

As someone who once (a million years ago it feels like) had a fiance spring the "I don't want to get married anymore" on me without any warning, Becca's reaction felt very real to me.  Arie knew what was happening -- she didn't and therefore wasn't prepared to react.  She was in shock.  I was in shock too and literally walked away (we were in a park), got in my car and drove home without saying a word.  My ugly tears followed -- and there were quite a few -- but in the moment it was happening I had what can only be described really as almost a non-reaction.  I think Becca wanted to get away, but couldn't -- there were cameras in her face, it seemed like she may have been somewhat trapped without a car at that house, etc.  And, they showed clips of her crying afterwards when she was by herself.  The fact that two months later she can remain composed is not an indication to me that she wasn't hurt when it happened.   

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, Wings said:

As someone who didn't watch the season but only the finale, I fail to see what the huge uproar is. In real life, if they had been dating for a while and then he proposed and weeks later decided he wanted to get back with a blast from the past ex-girlfriend then I would get it. In the bachelor reality bubble, I don't see as horrible as other people are making it out to be.

Becca knew that he wanted closure and gave her blessing for him to reach out. No one can say that he would have reached out to Lauren if Becca hadn't done that because there's no evidence that he spoke to Lauren before that conversation with Becca took place. Nothing intimate about the conversation between Ari and Lauren was shared, just the feelings that were inspired by that conversation. Saying that he felt hope that there was a chance doesn't automatically equate to him making sure that Lauren would take him back before dumping Becca. Closure is not for people who are struggling with their feelings. It's for people who have made peace with their situations and would like to formally close a chapter in their life. Arie wasn't ready for closure but that doesn't mean that he didn't convince himself that that was what he was trying to do when he reached out to Lauren. It sounds like he wanted that phone call to give him some confirmation that he made the right decision but it only made him doubt it even more which convinced him that he made the wrong decision.

It's not like he broke up with Becca on the couch and then turned around and proposed to Lauren (I'm just breaking down the article). If Becca had enough time to get over him and accept the opportunity to be the Bachelorette, why is it in poor taste that the others also get to move on from the situation? All of these people were willing to collectively date and fall in love with a single person. Why should we put all of the onus on Arie to not propose to someone he loves 2 months after the incident happened and Becca move on yet we willfully ignore that Becca, along with every other women willingly took part in a dating process that required them to compete for the affections of one man. It's not fair that he has to take full responsibility for the willingness of the other women to be there. Break ups aren't always great and in hindsight we can wish to deal with them differently but even as decent human beings doesn't mean that we get it right all of the time.

What I did find to be a weak excuse was his decision to film the break-up scene with Becca. The idea that he did it for Becca and as a way to take ownership of his actions is laughable. Even if all of that was kept behind the scenes, showing up to the After the Rose ceremony hand in hand with Lauren and then proposing to her would have definitely been enough proof to the viewers that the demise of his relationship with Becca was because of him and his unresolved feelings for Lauren. Does he really think viewers are that daft or did he want be a good production puppet and offer an opportunity for the franchise to get their ratings gold?

I obviously didn't see the whole season but I know enough about the concept of this show and the bachelor bubble that they create in order to manipulate emotions. I just don't think I buy into the idea of being this angry and holding someone to being a bad human being for behaviour that takes place in such a different world than the one the rest of us live in. Funnily enough, as much as people laugh about how ridiculous it is that people can fall in love this shortly and or be this vulnerable to a manipulated process, people seem to get more outraged from incidents on this show that are actually more real life and not some fantasy world of romance (ex. Ben dating two different women and feeling love for both of them, Brad not being sure enough of either of his women so he chose no one, Jason/Arie realizing that they made the safe choice and in retrospect, they should have taken the chance on the riskier romance that had a greater potential if done right, etc.).

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

Boy these two just don't get it do they? They are so delusional. Do they seriously think ABC would take a chance on televising their wedding that barely anybody would watch? We don't want to see their wedding. We just want them to go away. Talk about a programming disaster!

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Just like last night's proposal meant TPTB/Neil Lane comped that engagement ring

The rings go back when the engagements end, don't they?

A few Bachelorette rings and Sean Lowe's ring that he didn't get back. Neil Lane hasn't lost a cent on this show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm still trying to catch up on the thread but it doesn't look like the same ring to me. Becca's was more oval and looked large in scale. Lauren's appears more radiant or square shape. Soo he made sure he didn't have to buy a ring lol! 

ETA: Arie didn't purchase. The credits noted engagement ring provided by Neil Lane. 

Edited by Llama
Saw suggestions he may have purchased

Did I hear correctly? In the interview with Kimmel, when asked about returning the original ring, Arie said no. So he gets to keep that engagement ring, plus they paid for the second one?

Why? If he had any pride, he would return it, but, wait, I am talking about Arie, never mind.

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

As someone who didn't watch the season but only the finale, I fail to see what the huge uproar is. In real life, if they had been dating for a while and then he proposed and weeks later decided he wanted to get back with a blast from the past ex-girlfriend then I would get it. In the bachelor reality bubble, I don't see as horrible as other people are making it out to be.

It isn't about Arie changing his F1 after the fact, not at all.  I am not twirled up about this all but I see why others are.  Basically his lying about most that went down.  Why lie?  Just change women.  

At this point I think the only risk ABC would take would be hosting Arie and Lauren's ceremony on the hot and sticky, bug-infested Bachelor in Paradise beach, having Chris Harrison officiate and the guest list be the current cast of BIP and any of the coven from Arie's season who weren't in the cast, and then tacking the footage of the wedding onto the finale episode of BIP. Then they can say they had a televised wedding. No one would watch a special devoted only to them. No one.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I cannot imagine why TPTB would pay for a televised wedding. Who wants to watch them?? I am a Bachelor fanatic and even I would not watch!

I will watch any shit, but will pass on possum went a courting and his dull bride.  There’s just like, you know, no there like, there, you know?  Like?  

• Love 9

Hi all, new to the forum. I had to get this off my chest as this whole situation is really bothering me! I know its just T.V., but I have dated a narcissist before and I could tell right away Arie is one. I think Krystal realized it pretty early as well. He lacks empathy, he doesn't care how anyone feels-it is about power to him, and he gains power by seeing that his manipulative tactics work on the women. I would seriously advise any woman that dealt with him to read up on this topic and they will notice the signs! These people don't change...and Lauren is in for a lot of pain. This is actually pretty serious to me, other than he is just a "player". These are sick, very damaged individuals that abuse others. It can start with verbal or turn physical. Either way all the women involved need to hopefully come to be relieved that they escaped a sick person rather than be heartbroken.

Now that Lauren has already accepted his behavior, he views her as weak and knows he can get away with anything with her. Wonder why else he typically goes for younger women? Lauren being 25, she may not have had the life experience yet to understand how damaged he is. Notice how Krystal is 31, and understood it before any of the other girls. I just had to get this off my chest because these are actually toxic relationships and women should be warned about men like him! Also its funny how everyone thought Krystal was such a bad person when really she was the only one calling out his bullshit. 

*end rant* 

• Love 13

Basically he was more physically attracted to Lauren (maybe she reminded him of Emily?) and he likes her blankness. She will demand less of him and need more help. Becca was a smarter choice in that it would have been a more challenging relationship where he would have had to make improvements on himself. He wanted to want that, but in the end, he went with what was easier and probably a better fit as he's a simple guy.

The issue I have with this is that he is a 36 year old man! A person should know themselves better than that by their mid 30's. Do some work on yourself, dude. By not knowing himself he ended up unnecessarily hurting Becca. He did cop to that and said that there was no excuse. He gained a half point for that in my book.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Wings said:

It isn't about Arie changing his F1 after the fact, not at all.  I am not twirled up about this all but I see why others are.  Basically his lying about most that went down.  Why lie?  Just change women.  

Well I reserve the right to change my opinion on the conversation of him based on new information that comes to light, lol. The reasons I've seeing are mostly to do with changing his pick, doing it on camera, proposing to Laura while Becca was in the building. I certainly concede that there may be a plethora of other reasons that contribute to the poor image that he seems to have garnered from this show. I'm just responding to the overwhelmingly common reasons I've come across.

But so far, the only thing that I see as an outright lie is that he had a phone conversation with Lauren prior to meeting her where they had already agreed to give their relationship a go but on the show, it was made to seem like he was going to confess everything to Lauren for the first time in front of the cameras and see if she was willing to take him back. Given the context of this, I feel like there must be some kind of production manipulation going on to keep in tow with this notion of being the first time ever that the show has filmed and shown raw, unedited footage.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Did I hear correctly? In the interview with Kimmel, when asked about returning the original ring, Arie said no. So he gets to keep that engagement ring, plus they paid for the second one?

Why? If he had any pride, he would return it, but, wait, I am talking about Arie, never mind.

Arie has to return Becca;s ring to Neil.  If you are not married within a certain time period the ring goes back even if you are still together.  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I cannot imagine why TPTB would pay for a televised wedding. Who wants to watch them?? I am a Bachelor fanatic and even I would not watch!

They televised Jason and Molly's wedding. Apparently enough people watched that TPTB think it's worth doing again.

Edited by chocolatine
(edited)
6 hours ago, alexa said:

Anyway, as for the read the room comment--I think many people just feel like they would have been better off if they minimized their relationship for the time being in the public and leave/do their own thing.  It is of no benefit to Lauren to be proposed to in front of a group of unsupportive people.  If they truly want to get married, he should have chosen a more romantic and meaningful venue for it...

Sadly, I just don't think Arie and Lauren cared a whit about the audience reaction (which wasn't exactly a screamfest that it usually is).  They're in their own bubble, madly in love with each other (for the moment), and will leave the country for a while to get over themselves.  Yes, I agree they should have been just a little more sedate in all of this, bur Arie was probably told by Fleiss to make it happen or no paycheck.  Follow the money on this one.  I'm sure there was some involved.

ETA:  this wasn't even the original proposal.  That happened a week or so ago, according to the rumor mill.  The whole thing we saw was just a re-enactment.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, laila said:

Hi all, new to the forum. I had to get this off my chest as this whole situation is really bothering me! I know its just T.V., but I have dated a narcissist before and I could tell right away Arie is one. I think Krystal realized it pretty early as well. He lacks empathy, he doesn't care how anyone feels-it is about power to him, and he gains power by seeing that his manipulative tactics work on the women. I would seriously advise any woman that dealt with him to read up on this topic and they will notice the signs! These people don't change...and Lauren is in for a lot of pain. This is actually pretty serious to me, other than he is just a "player". These are sick, very damaged individuals that abuse others. It can start with verbal or turn physical. Either way all the women involved need to hopefully come to be relieved that they escaped a sick person rather than be heartbroken.

Now that Lauren has already accepted his behavior, he views her as weak and knows he can get away with anything with her. Wonder why else he typically goes for younger women? Lauren being 25, she may not have had the life experience yet to understand how damaged he is. Notice how Krystal is 31, and understood it before any of the other girls. I just had to get this off my chest because these are actually toxic relationships and women should be warned about men like him! Also its funny how everyone thought Krystal was such a bad person when really she was the only one calling out his bullshit. 

*end rant* 

Thank you for sharing your personal story, and I agree with you.  I was actually thinking about Krystal and the Women Tell All.  It's interesting how this changes some things from earlier in the season.  At the Women Tell All, nobody liked Krystal and Arie received a lot of kudos for "calling her out" at one point when she complained about sharing her boyfriend with a bunch of other women.  His response was, "Well, this is the Bachelor."  Everybody laughed and thought, finally Arie is standing up for himself.  Looking back, he probably said it thinking, "Yeah, this is all about me."

• Love 2

Krystal was mad because Arie changed his mind about inviting the losing team to the later portion of the date.  Truth is, the girls Arie wanted to spend more time with were on the losing team.  That wasn't him being a narcissist, that was him wanting to hang out with the losing team more than the winners.  He thought he could spin in as being nice but Krystal fought for the win and felt cheated when she didn't get the extra time with him.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 3/7/2018 at 3:50 PM, cinsays said:

Kimmel wanted to know if Arie proposed to Lauren with the ring he used for Becca and Arie indicated that it was a different one.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Krystal was mad because Arie changed his mind about inviting the losing team to the later portion of the date.  Truth is, the girls Arie wanted to spend more time with were on the losing team.  That wasn't him being a narcissist, that was him wanting to hang out with the losing team more than the winners.  He thought he could spin in as being nice but Krystal fought for the win and felt cheated when she didn't get the extra time with him.

I think things went on with Krystal (maybe even fiancée stuff!) that led her to believe that she was the front runner.  She comes across as someone who holds people to their words, down to bitching about the bowling losers.  I would have thrown a fit if I won at bowling and the losers got my damn trophy.   NO!  That’s my snackycake!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

e needs to get that wedding planned and finished so he doesn’t bolt in 3 months. Once it’s legal, it’s more difficult to untangle.  Hope she gets a kick ass pre nip.

Rumour has it she is pregnant.

This whole show was bullshit. A set up. If Becca was heart broken she sure jumped back fast!

Dont know about you but it takes me longer than a few weeks to feel up to kissing a bunch of me.

I think we were duped!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, nutty1 said:

They did televise the Molly/Jason Mesnick wedding as well, but at least some time had gone by. Since they count Jason/Molly as a success for the Bachelor franchise, I imagine they will count Arie/Lauren as well.  It is amazing that the only success picking and marrying F1 for The Bachelor was Sean/Catherine while there have been quite a few Bachelorette marriages,

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Palomar said:

It is amazing that the only success picking and marrying F1 for The Bachelor was Sean/Catherine while there have been quite a few Bachelorette marriages,

I was just looking at the Wikipedia entries for both TB and TBette.  They have an easy-to-read grid for the various seasons.  I was surprised at the number of TB seasons that didn't end in a proposal, while there's been a proposal in every season of TBette.

(I still think that if it's TBette, then it's the Bette who should do the proposing, but there are probably better venues to look for trailblazing than this franchise.)

• Love 2

I don't exactly keep track of marriages and non-marriages produced by the show but it did stick in my head that Lacy (and her Fabulous Faddouls) and Marcus had the big BIP wedding on the beach as CH and the franchise in general crowed about the result, the timing, the locale, etc.

In truth they were never legally married under US law and Lacy cold-footed her way out of things, even going so far as to blank any calls or other contact from him. 

So...without attempting to spoil the speculative and retrospective fun I suppose the moral of the story is that there are no morals and that Fleiss & Co. will be happy to lie and happy to twist contractual arms to keep the illusion going.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I don’t think Lauren is hated so much as held in contempt.  She’s sloppy seconds.

She's actually not sloppy seconds.  He couldn't get her off his mind now matter how hard he tried.  Lauren was indecisive, she couldn't answer his questions to ensure him that she would commit.  On the other hand, Bekka seems so sure of her love for him and her wanting marriage and kids right away. He took the sure route like many people do.  But he couldn't forget her.  That's pretty good confirmation in my opinion.  He tried for the "perfect" one but he had to go with his heart instead.  

• Love 2