Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E04: Week 4

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Exactly.  As I said a week or so ago, Arie reminds me of DWTS pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy when he was the Bachelor on the Ukrainian version of the show a few years ago, long before Maks met and married his fellow DWTS pro Peta.  Maks said basically the same thing about the very pretty and popular bachelorette (Yana) who ended up in his Final 2 -- that he liked her, but because she was so young (she was about Bekah's age, if I remember correctly) and had much more dating that she needed to do before she'd really be ready to settle down and start a family, he didn't feel that he was the right man for her, which is why he sent her home instead of the woman he did pick at the end.

As a matter of fact, many people have encouraged Chris to step down as host and be the Bachelor ever since he got divorced a few years ago (although I seem to recall that he hasn't exactly been wanting for dates since his divorce) just for that very reason.

Chris H has dated quite a few of the girls, and many people think he was in love with the very insipid Emily..

Edited by NeverLate
2 hours ago, Rainsong said:

The less said about the group survival date the better from the bug & worm eating to the tortured discussion and simulation of consumption of bodily waste. 

Ergggh.  I had expunged all that from my brain until Rainsong reminded us. 

Do these idjets really think ordinary outdoor activities demand Survivor-like drastic measures.  Do they eat worms when they take walks in the park for fear of starving?  Don't they know that even after three days without water, drinking their own urine would probably just add bacteria to their dehydrated bodies?  Add that stunt to last week's awkward wrestling and I have to think they have some new "writers," who are Bekah's age.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

If that's a nose job then if I were her I would sue the surgeon. I don't think it's too small if anything it dominates and overshadows the rest of her face. She has thin small lips and her nose makes it seem more so. I wouldn't judge her at all if she did want a nose job but surely a even slightly decent surgeon would not have left her nose like that.

I guess I watched too many Botched episodes because her nose looks like a lot of the results you see after a nose job. I think it was even bigger and the crook was taken out of the top. The bridge is non-existent.  The surgeon may have even shaped the end, but it came out very unnatural looking. I've seen big noses and hers really isn't big it is just a very unnatural shape- no bridge, smooth, thin at the top, with a point. SHe needs to go to those surgeons on botched. I'll bet she also has trouble breathing, these doctors take all the cartalige out. Maybe i need to see a still of it or a screen shot to figure out if this is indeed a bad nose job. It just seems  to me  you can't be born with a nose this size and shape. 

17 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Chelsea's 'talking head" at the end was the best part of the show!  Pro-Glam, for sure!   Her comments about the 'younger ones" was funny

This! This actually turned the tide on my opinion of Chelsea. I think there is some snarky awesomeness in her somewhere. She appeared at first to be Olivia 2.0, but I am actually kind of liking her now. We see her less, but also, when we hear her, she's funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offering her a rose, but I don't hate her. I *might* even watch her as the B'ette.

• Love 1

Arie kinda grossed me out. In the cardigan he looks like he's  Beccas dad kissing her. Or that he's making out with the babysitter. The oldest man I've dated was 48 at the time. Today he's 51 and he's never worn a cardigan lol. Not sure why Arie thinks that's a good look. I do like that he can make fun of himself. 

I think Arie was really attracted to Krystal at first but boy those feelings sure have died. All her whispery crying with her shiny old face. She's legit creepy and weird. I didn't even realize there was an Ashley lol. I think Kendall is cute  and Arie is intrigued. Sienne is gorgeous but way too good for him. It's LIKE he doesn't know how to hold an actual conversation beyond the basics so he Like just kisses everyone. He doesn't really ask any questions doesn't talk about his current career. Just talks about how he likes to go to bed  early and wants to settle down. I can't see him with many of these women. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Chris H has dated quite a few of the girls, and many people think he was in love with the very insipid Emily..

Whom has Harrison supposedly dated? I haven’t heard of a single rumor, let alone several. You state the “has dated quite a few” without any caveats  as if it’s a fact, though, the second part seems more rumor-ish, imagining in a Trump voice: “More and more people are saying...” lol. He could have been enamoured and I wouldn’t blame him, but I can’t imagine anything happened.

The way a low-level PA Ryan Putz had to endure humiliation on TV for going into the room of already rejected Michelle (not Money) and that other cameraman got run out of town with pitchforks for flirting with Rosalyn (*Well, I don’t think we really found out what happened to the guy, but Rosalyn was branded with Wrong Reasons and kicked off the show), I can’t imagine Harrison could have possibly dated “quite a few” of the contestants and somehow this wasn’t breaking news across Bachelor Nation and tearing apart the very fabric of Bachelor Family?

I mean, we talk about every piece of gossip out there and about contestants long gone and memorable events long past, so I can’t imagine if Harrison had ever dated ANYONE on the show, that would be something this gang would be mentioning all of the time! 

19 hours ago, saber5055 said:

These b-ettes crack me up with all their hoity-toity "Bekka is so YOUNG, she's TOO YOUNG for Arie" talk when they all SCREAM and jump up and down and scream some more because they are going somewhere. And SCREAM! when they see their room and jump on the beds ... and do all the things junior high kids do when on a field trip. Arie comes in the room and they all SCREAM! Then they SCREAM at a hand full of grubs. And BEKKAH is too young? Please. These "women" are all little cry babies. They make me tired.

Good God yes, the screaming!! Maybe I was just in a pissy mood last night because my German shepherd puppy waited until I got up from my chair watching this shit to get something and he plopped his ass on the chair and took over, but my gawd the screeching banshees.  You'd think they hit the lottery or something.  I can't take that crap any longer on this show.

• Love 1

I don’t think any of them really like him all that much, they’re super supportive of each other! When they get rejected, they’re sad because they have to leave their friends lol. Even the “fight” with Tia/Caroline and Krystal- no one really seemed that angry. Speaking of, I noticed her “so strong” whisper to him as he helped her up the rock... man she’s got daddy issues! 

Theres an Ashley? And jaqueline some sort of great beauty? I’m not seeing it AT ALL, but it’s possible I have the wrong girl.

Edited by sistersledge
5 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

And jaqueline some sort of great beauty?

I think Jaqueline is the prettiest one there; in fact she reminds me of a Jaqueline from "my time" LOL on Charlie's Angels -- Jaclyn Smith. But she sure hasn't gotten any screen time.

Agree with all on the squealing. Are you 11?

Edited by dleighg
42 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Whom has Harrison supposedly dated? I haven’t heard of a single rumor, let alone several. You state the “has dated quite a few” without any caveats  as if it’s a fact, though, the second part seems more rumor-ish, imagining in a Trump voice: “More and more people are saying...” lol. He could have been enamoured and I wouldn’t blame him, but I can’t imagine anything happened.

The way a low-level PA Ryan Putz had to endure humiliation on TV for going into the room of already rejected Michelle (not Money) and that other cameraman got run out of town with pitchforks for flirting with Rosalyn (*Well, I don’t think we really found out what happened to the guy, but Rosalyn was branded with Wrong Reasons and kicked off the show), I can’t imagine Harrison could have possibly dated “quite a few” of the contestants and somehow this wasn’t breaking news across Bachelor Nation and tearing apart the very fabric of Bachelor Family?

I mean, we talk about every piece of gossip out there and about contestants long gone and memorable events long past, so I can’t imagine if Harrison had ever dated ANYONE on the show, that would be something this gang would be mentioning all of the time! 

Emily, Andi..I forget who else he's been seen with,..why would it be such a big deal ????? he gets to know them way better than the bachelor...LOL

http://thestir.cafemom.com/tv/185988/andi_dorfmans_date_with_chris

31 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

I don’t think any of them really like him all that much, they’re super supportive of each other! When they get rejected, they’re sad because they have to leave their friends lol. Even the “fight” with Tia/Caroline and Krystal- no one really seemed that angry.

Haha that's so true. Any time someone leaves they're sad to leave their friends or sad that they didn't represent themselves well on TV, nobody has seemed very sad to part with Arie. And when they fight it's rarely because they feel like they are best for Arie and they want to fight for their relationship with him, it's because they think something about the process is unfair or one of the other girls is phony.

Edited by huskerj12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I guess I watched too many Botched episodes because her nose looks like a lot of the results you see after a nose job. I think it was even bigger and the crook was taken out of the top. The bridge is non-existent.  The surgeon may have even shaped the end, but it came out very unnatural looking. I've seen big noses and hers really isn't big it is just a very unnatural shape- no bridge, smooth, thin at the top, with a point. SHe needs to go to those surgeons on botched. I'll bet she also has trouble breathing, these doctors take all the cartalige out. Maybe i need to see a still of it or a screen shot to figure out if this is indeed a bad nose job. It just seems  to me  you can't be born with a nose this size and shape. 

I have known people personally with noses like this so yes unfortunately you can be born with one. I guess that's why I didn't think it was a botched job done by a surgeon. I mean I suppose it could be but then you have to consider that if she thought it were botched then why would she feel comfortable going on national TV? If she was born with it then she may not feel uncomfortable with it. I actually feel so shallow and bad for even dwelling on it but it does bug me when I see her. I think she could be so much prettier if she had her nose done. It doesn't seem to bother her though which is what matters. If it were me it would bother me to no end. I seriously would be saving my money to get it corrected.

Arie is, you know, just not that smart, you know. And is, you know, only interested, you know, in a 22year old because, you know, she’s smarter than him. So, you know, he better hope, you know, he does marry Becka because you know, no self respecting age appropriate woman is, you know, ever going to date him after this. 

Was he this dumb on Emily’s season and I just didn’t notice? 

Edited by sadie
  • Love 1

I haven't watched The Bachelor in a few seasons until Arie but did watch way back in the beginning (my faves: Aaron Buerge, Andrew Firestone, Andy Baldwin) and the Bachelorettes have ALWAYS screamed at every little thing. And it has always been super annoying.

I always secretly thought to myself that Chris Harrison probably ended up divorced because he was surrounded by these girls all the time and likely crossed the line somewhere. I'm sure some of them flirted heavily with him and hit on him.  It could not have been fun to be his wife after he got this job.

Krystal is pathological. You can see it in her gleaming, perma-smile alone. I liked Caroline and was hoping she was a dark horse. Jacqueline is fine but I didn't see chemistry when she talked to Arie one time. She seemed very business like in tone. Not good at flirting.

Bekah is definitely trying to be an actress or personality, no doubt at all. I am in my 40's so to me Arie is a young buck, ha ha. Everyone calling him grandpa is cracking me up. Yea, the grey hair and cardigans but he doesn't look one bit old and nowadays there isn't really a "generation gap" the same way. I can see Bekah hanging with Arie and it being more than fine. That said, I think she is way too young in general to even think of settling down. Live it up while you can Bekah, time goes by way too fast and then you're 40 and wish you were 22 and could be crazy and adventurous again.

• Love 1

Well, I was greatly relieved to see Arie with the color back in his face this episode. Maybe he did have the flu, or he's been in this resort for a few days before the squealing "girls" arrived, and laying off the grog.

Sienne's date was such a snoozefest; he's clearly not into her. Bekah's on the other hand! I had read elsewhere that Arie likes 'em real young, so I personally think he was beyond thrilled to hear her age (unlike ancient 23 year old Makel - this show!!!). Now I am a turncoat Bekah fan. At least she's providing some interest and boy does she work the cameras, as well as Grampa Cardigan.

I feel sorry for Krystal. I am enjoying her, still, but this is not a good edit. Be strong, girl!

Am still waiting for Jacqueline to leap the gate and become a front-runner...

Other than that, all there is is taxidermy jokes (I feel robbed, where was the stuffed friend on the shoulder at the rose ceremony?), Chelsea being less awful than originally thought (the glam-shaming sequence!!!), and Arie checking out as they jaw on and then shoving his tongue down their throat.

Seinne’s Date:  Arie looked like he was FREEZING during most of his date with Seinne and it made it kinda uncomfortable to watch them. Bachelor production should be able to manage get them a big coat, a cuddle blanket or at least a portable fire pit for these type of outtings. But my favorite thing about Seinne and Arie together is that he seems totally aware that she’s too good for him.

Group Date:

Krystal’s face during the intro by the retired Green Beret and his wife  = It’zzzz so unfair when other people get to talk guyyyyzzzz!

And Krystal? With that ‘beneath me’ hand gesture? When they get you to do things that Kelsey Poe did? You’re the joke.  A bitch might win this show, but the joke won’t. It’s going to suck to be you when you realize this.  

To be honest, I’m not even sure if she’s into Arie. I think she thinks she is (which is one of the producers’ main goals-to convince the contestants that they really want the prize) and that she wants him to be into her and is playing the game in order to achieve that.

But then she goes on tangents about the other womens’ maturity and how they don’t have senses of self and they’re desperate and that they’re act like they’re in high school? She just seems so broken and unaware. It kinds feels like she’s just looking to cling to anyone that floats by and Arie happened onto her path.

Didn’t love the peeing  stuff (but for the record, pee right out of the bladder is sterile. An infection free, healthy individual, will not get sick from drinking your own their own unless  a  a contaminated container is being used).

Liking Kedall so much on this date.  

Tia is still great. I was worried about her there for a minute but she pulled it off.  Still think she’s likely to be the next bachelorette because I still think she was cast for that exact purpose.  And I don’t think she has much actual chemistry with Arie.  And, while she’s been cast as a Raven-substitute,  I actually like her more than I like/liked Raven- I think she’s much more beautiful (except the nose which, as others have noted, is weird) and has a fuller, more interesting personality and a less shrill sense of humor.

Krystal you are not misunderstood. You are not treated unfairly.

Bekah’s Date: Come on, she looks 22. She acts 22. Even without being told that she’s 22, he had to have a good guess that she was approximately 22. And I don’t care at all about their age difference. I think they’re having fun playing together and I doubt either thinks that it’s going much further than that. I do think she was genuinely worried about being kicked off and I do think they’re genuinely enjoying each other and have some genuine chemistry  and there will probably be some genuine tears when they part. And then they’ll both be fine. I’d peg her as a potential next bachelorette, but she does seem so young and I think it’s very clear that while she might be open to finding herself in a committed relationship, she’s not really into the idea right now.

The Rest:

Was that Becca shaving her legs? I don’t need to see anyone shaving her legs.

I love Jacqueline’s look and style so much.

While getting up to  head to the rose ceremony Krystal looked totally shaken-like she could barely manage to stand up and wanted to vomit. She was really worried about not getting that rose. But I feel like she shot herself in the foot there by pulling him aside. Although I think they did finish that talk with an un-shown kiss (I think we saw him start to lean in), he looked tired and annoyed while talking with her and distant while giving her the rose. I really don’t think she actually had anything to worry at this particular ceremony but then she went on yet another one of her needy-fests. Her positives are starting to be over-shadowed by how much work she is. 

An Ashley was still there?!

Sorry to see Brittany go. But she’s going to be fine.  I hope we see more of her.  

Glam-shaming? OMG. And in that one conversation I like Marikh less and Chelsea more (it probably helps that Chelsea didn't mention her motherhood at all this episode) .  “I am and have always been Pro-Glam” is the best quote of the season.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
1 hour ago, NeverLate said:

Emily, Andi..I forget who else he's been seen with,..why would it be such a big deal ????? he gets to know them way better than the bachelor...LOL

http://thestir.cafemom.com/tv/185988/andi_dorfmans_date_with_chris

Thanks for posting. I do remember the buzz surrounding that tweet, but I definitely don’t think they were dating. That first tweet with him in the photo sounds like she’s joking about him “pulling a Cosby” or putting a roofie in her drink?!? If that’s not a clear Friend Zone sign that you’re not getting any Fantasy Suite with me unless i’m heavily drugged, then I don’t know what is. Also, the tags in the other post are very telling: #sundayfamilydinner because once a member of Bachelor Family, also Family Zoning ol’ Uncle Chris; the other tag #NYC because they obviously just met up because they happened to be in the same city. Fake news. ;-)

3 minutes ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

Didn’t love the peeing  stuff (but for the record, pee right out of the bladder is sterile. An infection free, healthy individual, will not get sick from drinking your own their own unless  a  a contaminated container is being used).

I always thought that drinking your pee doesn't solve any "survival" problems, as you're just re-ingesting the salts and whatever else your body is trying to get rid of. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I always thought that drinking your pee doesn't solve any "survival" problems, as you're just re-ingesting the salts and whatever else your body is trying to get rid of. 

You know, I don't know about that. I was really just referring to it's bacterial properties. But in terms of salts, it's probably good to redigest some if you're in a survival situation where one is dealing with dehydration. But it could be that other chemicals in the urine would be too much for a stressed body to deal with. Interesting. I may read up on that sometime. 

Edited to say: It might very well be a matter of how far along the path of dehydration a person it. A person in the begining stages may very well benefit from the high water content and additional salts, but someone who is further along might not be able to effectively deal with the chemicals and salt and at that point the water to chemical ratio of the urine would be way off.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
21 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

tias nose bugs  me.... there, I said it

Tia just looks like Andi so much to me. Crossed with elements of Raven, of course.

Rooting for Bekka to make it far enough to be under Bachelorette consideration. I loved their date, very intimate. The age thing is not that worrisome when so many others are more than 10 years younger. I was married at 23 -- who says adventure STOPS with marriage? I think it starts with marriage.

I like Sienne, she'd be a great Bachelorette, too.

Edited by Andromeda
18 hours ago, Lemons said:

When they went into the concert room they showed the sign that said Ari and Seinne.  I thought who in the heck is that?  Another country twang group?  Then I’m like oh, yeah, Ari.   Lanco?  Never heard of them but what is with the country music?  Is the show’s primary audience southern and Midwest?  

Yeah, I'd demand no country music, if I was the lead. Country pop can be OK, but this show waaaaay overdoes the country. And the silly "private/not private" concert schtick. So tired of it.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

To be honest, I’m not even sure if she’s into Arie. I think she thinks she is (which is one of the producers’ main goals-to convince the contestants that they really want the prize) and that she wants him to be into her and is playing the game in order to achieve that.

I think Krystal is into winning because she needs validation that she is *waves hand around forehead hight* up here, while the other girls are *moves hand down to around underboob height* down here. That is one needy, desperate chick with a negative amount of self awareness. But it's adorable how the show is trying to make her some kind of villain.. She's really just sad to watch. I never did like her kind of villain. I prefer someone with some snark. 

And you know this show has gone off the deep end when we are discussing the pros and cons of drinking ones own pee. YIKES!

14 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

We're used to seeing some real bubble-headed young twenty-somethings on this show. Bekha isn't an airhead -- she is "cool" -- or thinks she is. My guess is that she doesn't like popular culture, she's into artsy things, rock climbing.. because that is "cool." Along with that, she thinks she's smarter than everyone else. She's one of those people who thinks she has it all figured out. No one understands life the way she does. Older people just don't get it. There is such an air of pretension with her, because she's in that phase of life when you think you know it all. When she's 50, he's going to look back at her 22 year old self and laugh. Arie is fascinated because she says the "cool girl" things and wears her worldly-wise pretension on her sleeve. If she were in college, she'd have a poster of Audrey Hepburn on her wall and be studying drama. She's deep, and she's going to make sure you know it. 

Krystal is flat-out insecure. Everything she does and says comes from a place of worry that she's not as awesome as she says she is. If she were confident about herself, she never would have pulled Arie aside. I wish the other bachelorettes would figure that out and try and poke the bear a bit with her. Watch her explode in a fit of insecurity. 

The key phrase being "thinks she is"  - I haven't seen any evidence of a fascinating person.  Not a whiff.   

I know many drama and dance students currently in NYC and they don't act like her and they are not pretentious.   Maybe she's acting like she thinks they act?  And she appears to act 10 years younger than the women who are only 1 -3 years older than her.  Waste of time spent on her. 

Just stepping in here as an outdoor/mountaineering person to say the survival segment of this show was just for show, like the wrestling. However, drinking your urine is not a new idea and it can be life saving. Bear Grylls did it on UK's Born Survivor (along with eating elephant dung), and on U.S. television, he and Michelle Rodrigues collected their urine to not only drink but to stew a dead mouse that they ate for "dinner." (Bear did say that mouse cooked in Michelle's urine was the worst, so there's that.) When President Obama appeared on Running Wild with Bear, he said he was up for anything EXCEPT the urine drinking. If you are lost in the desert for weeks, drinking your urine will save you from dying of dehydration, and you'll be glad to have it. But there is no reason to partake after walking out of your Lake Tahoe five-star resort though.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Good point.  One way to look at age differences is instead of starting from birth, start from a more significant age, like 18 or 21, and count from there.  That's why a 14-year age difference can be quite significant between a 22-year-old and a 36-year-old, but not that significant between a 40-year-old and a 55-year-old.  Compare how many years of adulthood people have under their belt.

Maybe that's why she reminds me so much of Ramona Singer on the Real Housewives of New York City.

Chris Hanson?  I think you meant Harrison.  Bekah is young, but she's not that young.  And let's not give Fleiss any ideas.

Nope. Chris Hanson. And I would start a go fund me account to replicate a triceratops for him to ride in on at every Rose ceremony.

Call me Chris.  I’ll accept the charges.

I actually find Beckah to be more mature than most of the others.  She’s a nanny, probably a live in, probably for a well off family.  She would be vetted pretty aggressively, and probably wouldn’t be out partying that much, and definitely not bringing people home.  Add that to rock climber, and you have someone who is pretty focused.  She definitely comes across as more mature than Krystal and the taxidermy enthusiast.  She bugs, but I grudgingly admire her.  

5 hours ago, redfish.bluefish said:

This! This actually turned the tide on my opinion of Chelsea. I think there is some snarky awesomeness in her somewhere. She appeared at first to be Olivia 2.0, but I am actually kind of liking her now. We see her less, but also, when we hear her, she's funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offering her a rose, but I don't hate her. I *might* even watch her as the B'ette.

Seriously! I started to come around during her Krystal impression (which was impressively spot-on), and then after the bit at the end, I am totally Team Chelsea.

Whoever is arranging these group dates needs to be fired. They're not terrible at a base conceptual level, but the execution is just horrible and awkward. Learning some wrestling moves and performing a routine could be fun. Getting personally attacked because you were having too much fun (and had too ethnic a name — still not over that. WTF?) was not fun. A little hiking in the woods, even with the bit of orienteering competition, sure. Eating bugs and pretending to drink one's own pee? Um... what? Glad it gave Kendall a chance to shine, though. I think I dig her too.

I cannot even with Krystal. The delusion is astonishing, and I don't even know what she looks like anymore, because every time she opens her mouth, I roll my eyes so hard I have to go fetch them from behind the bookshelf.

The Bekah thing? Eh. Overblown. And while 14 years is a lot, especially at that age, it's a little rich to hear someone who's, what, 12 years younger than Arie, make a big deal of it. Honestly, the thing that bugged me most about it was how he was more or less insisting that he knew her mind better than she did, which was just so patronizing. She may very well not be ready to settle down, but it's not like picking someone older would guarantee a settling. Certainly hasn't worked out very well for, what, 95 or so percent of the previous bachelors.

3 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Tia just looks like Andi so much to me. Crossed with elements of Raven, of course.

Rooting for Bekka to make it far enough to be under Bachelorette consideration. I loved their date, very intimate. The age thing is not that worrisome when so many others are more than 10 years younger. I was married at 23 -- who says adventure STOPS with marriage? I think it starts with marriage.

I think Seinne would be great too but I don't see them doing two b'ettes of color back too back.

Bekah would be fun to watch just to see how she would handle it but it would be harder than usual to take any of this serious knowing that at 22 she's not looking for a husband and marriage.

I can see somewhat where you get the Andi resemblance with Tia but I'm mystified why so many think she looks so much like Raven. Their facial structures and features are completely different. Their hair colors not the same. The only thing similar to me is their accents.

Edited by yorklee2
18 hours ago, Lemons said:

chipmunked-face  Becka was so obnoxiously playing to the camera it was hard to watch.  I laughed out loud when he said she was the most fascinating person he had ever met.  Serious?  A 22 year old babysitter is the most fascinating person you ever met?  I hope he was forced to keep her and is not really considering her because she is only there for the cameras.

And Krystal thinks their jealous because of her flawlessness? You might be considered good looking down at the trailer park but most of those women got you beat in the looks department.  

Becca really needs make-up because she looks too much like a boy. I don't find her fascinating at all.  Her voice sounds like a much older woman.

Did you see a quick flash of Krystal without make-up?  Ugh...now she really needs make-up.  The other gals are pretty much naturally nice looking.

I seem to remember rumors of Chris Harrison going out with Selma Alameri, from Sean's season.   She married a sugar daddy in 2016, so I wouldn't be surprised if she took a ride on the Chris train at some point prior to that.  She's still stunning. 

15 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

We're used to seeing some real bubble-headed young twenty-somethings on this show. Bekha isn't an airhead -- she is "cool" -- or thinks she is. My guess is that she doesn't like popular culture, she's into artsy things, rock climbing.. because that is "cool." Along with that, she thinks she's smarter than everyone else. She's one of those people who thinks she has it all figured out. No one understands life the way she does. Older people just don't get it. There is such an air of pretension with her, because she's in that phase of life when you think you know it all. When she's 50, he's going to look back at her 22 year old self and laugh. Arie is fascinated because she says the "cool girl" things and wears her worldly-wise pretension on her sleeve. If she were in college, she'd have a poster of Audrey Hepburn on her wall and be studying drama. She's deep, and she's going to make sure you know it. 

Krystal is flat-out insecure. Everything she does and says comes from a place of worry that she's not as awesome as she says she is. If she were confident about herself, she never would have pulled Arie aside. I wish the other bachelorettes would figure that out and try and poke the bear a bit with her. Watch her explode in a fit of insecurity. 

So well said about Becca!!  Nailed it!

1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

I actually find Beckah to be more mature than most of the others.  

That seems to be the consensus, though I for one don't see it. But frankly speaking, saying someone is more mature than the other contestants on The Bachelor is the very definition of damning with faint praise. It's like saying Moe was the smartest of the 3 Stooges.  And now that I think about it, that is a rather fitting comparison, considering Bekah's sugar bowl haircut. 

And I'll tell you, when Arie said Bekah was deeper than the other women he has dated, all I could think was, "JFC, how shallow were these other women? Were they able to see a reflection in the mirror?" 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Oh, and those ladies weren’t disappointed that Chris fucking Hanson showed up instead of Cardigan man.

Chris Hanson?  I think you meant Harrison. 

Nope. Chris Hanson. And I would start a go fund me account to replicate a triceratops for him to ride in on at every Rose ceremony.

Call me Chris.  I’ll accept the charges.

Assuming Cardigan man is Arie, you're saying that Chris Hanson showed up instead of him?  I remember Chris Harrison showing up and saying they must be disappointed it was him (I guess because they weren't all squealing?).  Chris Hanson showed up, too?  I don't remember that, but I'll admit that I don't watch that carefully.

But @legaleagle53 quoted the same thing I did, and it said Harrison and not Hanson. 

Oh, and those ladies weren’t disappointed that Chris fucking Harrison showed up instead of Cardigan man.

I'm confused.

3 hours ago, Andromeda said:

You can be adventurous even when married, but if you marry someone who's not into adventures anymore then it's a drag. Sounds like Arie prefers being comfy these days. Or so he says. Bekah should find someone who still has that lust for life.

9 hours ago, sistersledge said:

When Arie was having his external monologue about bekkah’s age, I saw her whole demeanor change. She went from sex kitten to immature high schooler in .02 seconds. Then when she realized he wasn’t going to boot her, her face changed back to her role. I still maintain she’s an actress and is putting this on her resume. Her answers to his questions... I wake up early to go climbing! But wouldn’t it be worth it in the end, even if it didn’t work out!!... answers a 22 year old would give. One who watches too many movies.

You beat me to it! Bekah's reaction to Arie voicing his concerns over her age was really juvenile. The fact that he directly said he was worried about choosing her and having it blow up in the end, and she said, "But wouldn't it be worth it?" showed her age. I LOVED that he said, "No, because I need a wife" (although I would have preferred it if he wasn't holding her face inches from his while he said it). And then when she started trying to relate by saying she had worries too, the first one she threw out there was, "Will my friends like you?" Concerns of a 22 year old... I'm sure the opinions of Arie's friends are not high on his own list of worries. And judging by her Instagram, she is not looking for quiet nights in starting a family out of the spotlight.

I've just been counting down the dates until the shitty country band appearance... here we go. I had to laugh at the ONE guy standing at the corner of the stage actually watching/filming the band. Everyone else (98% female) were watching Arie and Sienne (who is such a catch).

I like Tia a lot. Her reactions to Krystal (the champagne, the dagger eyes) were hilarious. I'd be down with a Bachelorette season starring her. She doesn't grate like Raven and is way cuter.

I didn't like Chelsea at the start, but that comment about millennials followed by the sad acknowledgement that she too is a millennial... I FEEL YOU, GIRL. Can we self-identify as Gen X?

I laughed as EVERY ONE OF THOSE GIRLS in Arie's orienteering group patiently waited for him to help them over a log that couldn't have been more than a foot off the ground. "The girls on those other teams must be struggling." Come on!

I agonized this whole episode over who the remaining Lauren reminds me of and finally got it after the episode ended. Shannon from LOST (Maggie Grace), minus the bitch face. I can sleep now.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

So, when Maquel (had to look up her name) left, they seemed to suggest that she might be coming back (after the funeral, I suppose), didn't they?  But, by the end, since she wasn't mentioned, I assumed that she wasn't.  I've only watched the show for the last couple of seasons -- has anyone ever left for a legitimate reason (e.g., family emergency) and been allowed to return?

Ed and Jillian anyone?  

On 1/22/2018 at 10:06 PM, adhoc said:

I actually was impressed with Bekah's responses to Arie this week. Pretty mature and perceptive for her age. She's also very cute with that pixie cut, and I could be wrong, but if she were 25 or 26, I could totally see Arie bringing her to final 2. Age 22, though? I don't think so. But I do think he digs her.

Even I dig her, and I generally hate everyone on this show. Some of what she does is probably phony, but she seems more intelligent than anyone else on the show. She can have a proper conversation, she has a good perspective on life, and she isn't afraid to be different. Yes, some of that uniqueness is contrived, but nowhere near as contrived as her peers who mostly seem like insecure followers. I am around Arie's age, and I think I'd pick Bekah if forced to pick someone from this season because she is more mature than the others...and that includes Arie himself.

2 hours ago, bequialife said:

Becca really needs make-up because she looks too much like a boy. I don't find her fascinating at all.  Her voice sounds like a much older woman.

Did you see a quick flash of Krystal without make-up?  Ugh...now she really needs make-up.  The other gals are pretty much naturally nice looking.

The one he let go this week was very pretty and seemed a lot more suited to ari than these two.

Things that I forgot to mention:

Arie leading the line of girls into the woods (at the start of the group date) and checking behind him to see if all of them were still in line reminded me of nothing so much as a kindergarten teacher taking kids off on a nature walk.

I liked Lauren just out and out refusing to do something gross on the group date. I don’t know why this doesn’t happen more often, especially on group dates. On a one-on-one, I can see feeling pressured to go through with stuff because production is on a filming schedule, but on these group dates a little rebellion won’t hurt anyone, including the contestant.  I don’t think anyone who’s not already on the chopping block is likely to really get kicked off sooner just because they won’t do something objectionable-especially if they explain their position without being an ass or overly dramatic.  

I liked Chelsea’s impersonation of Krystal. That, on top of her funny TH at the very end, indicates that she has a sense of humor. I wonder if we weren’t shown it sooner because of an editing choice or because that side of her didn’t come out until she became more comfortable.

I think it’s sucks that they filmed and aired Maquel’s phone call about her grandpa. That’s very personal and it really didn’t add to the story.  I think a quiet comment about why she left and offering her support  would have been fine. I didn’t need to see the poor girl going through that.

Arie sees his parents every other day (when they’re in town)? That seems excessive. I wonder if he just goes home for dinner or if he gets his mom to do his laundry too.

During the hike that quote of Krystal’s: “Thank you---ooooo! Sooo stronggggg!” (said weirdly through a clenched jaw smile) when he helped her over the log. Krystal is seriously in shape. She obviously works hard on her body. Arie is not in shape at all. He’s definitely fat skinny. I guarantee that she’s stronger and in better shape than he is. Which fine, whatever, but the fake ass compliment was eye-roll worthy.

When the teams reached the Oasis after the hike, I loved the “Congratulations You Survived!” sign. As if  there was any doubt.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
Because it was Lauren and not Jenna
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, redfish.bluefish said:

Yes!!! This was my takeaway from this episode, haha. When it was over, I texted my bf and said, "Chelsea is my favorite." And you're right -- I think they tricked us into thinking she would be the villain, but that role clearly went to Krystal. Chelsea is hilarious and could get a way cooler dude then Arie. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

Things that I forgot to mention:

....I think it’s sucks that they filmed and aired Maquel’s phone call about her grandpa. That’s very personal and it really didn’t add to the story.  I think a quiet comment about why she left and offering her support  would have been fine. I didn’t need to see the poor girl going through that.

So much yes to this. Filming someone’s raw reaction to the unexpected news of a death in her family is wrong on so many levels. Poor Maquel.

7 hours ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

Arie is not in shape at all. He’s definitely fat skinny. ....

I can’t remember the last time a gunless guy was on a reality show. It actually is refreshing to not have a preening self-adoring lead admiring his own body in half-naked mirror shots, like Nick and almost every guy before him. 

• Love 1

What I'm getting from watching Arie with all these girls is - he's not a natural listener. I keep thinking he's bored out of his mind by each of the girls, struggling to focus on what they're saying, etc. And he might be, but I don't think it's anything personal to them. He just isn't good at sitting there and really listening to someone else talk.

Which might mean he's generally bored by everyone in life and isn't a very attractive quality, but I don't think it's specific to these girls.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Etta Place said:

He just isn't good at sitting there and really listening to someone else talk.

I can imagine that listening to *these* specific people (or perhaps *any* group of 20+ people who would show up for a show like this) is difficult. I just think about NORMAL dating behavior. You get introduced to someone who seems promising (either from school, work, match.com, mutual friends, whatever) and you spend significant time (you know, an hour or two) on a date. This is 20+ interchangeable interactions which must blend together in the end. People say he looked bored on the one-on-one with Sienne; I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to notice. But these cocktail parties an group dates seem like a total waste of time to me.