Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Rookies vs. Vets

• Start Topic

It looks like Andy South/Ari has a serious case of cystic acne.  

This show isn't fun.  I have not missed a season to date, but this might be my first.  I'll give it one more episode to see.

• Love 6

I don't recognize a couple of these "all stars."  Stanley? Kimberly? The girl with the big eyes & grey/green hair?

Alyssa's hair looked very unflattering in the opening scene. Like a big, round hair hat. Much better at judging.

The relay was fun.

Whooo! Some really gorgeous models! 

I'm impressed Intermix is a sponsor, but I've never heard of Rodial. One of the model's foundation was way, waay off. (Although it looked like she had troubled skin.)

I wasn't sure where they were filming until Alyssa said it. The show doesn't feel very New York to me. That's a shame. 

I was impressed Ken was humble enough to criticize his own work. My first thought: if he dislikes his own work so much, he must be going home. Glad I was wrong; Ken's hilarious.

The show was dedicated to Danny "Happy" Tsang. I'm sorry I've never heard of him. (& I don't mean that in the Mariah Carey way!)

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, scarlettudor said:

I'm curious about the designer whose name is spelled 'Art' but it's being pronounced as 'Ari.'  I hate to even ask, but what is wrong with her skin?  Is there an official name for it. 

I think it's just might be scares from acne or chicken pox. The scares are what helped me recognize her. Unless someone has a strong personality that I either love or hate I won't remember them. I don't remember half the cast. My brain / memory is just not that great when it comes to past TV shows.

So are sharpie eyebrows a thing now. Not a good look veteran guy who's name I don't remember.

Must agree that the look that went home didn't seem like one look. Randomly pick top randomly pick pants and hope no one makes fun of you.

I never heard of the makeup and hair care brands. But my cheap ass buys my stuff from the drugstore. 

• Love 7

I just googled Rodial. It's sold at Ulta Beauty, Nordstrom's, Bloomingdales, Blue Mercury. Some pricey face creams, $50-300 range. 

And Intermix is like, baller's wives expensive. 

Serious upgrade in sponsors!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Two unrelated episodes the first night.  Are they rushing this series through?

Now it's a different show.  Ten minutes in and it's not PR any more?????

Sometimes they do a sneak peak of next week, that’s what those 10 minutes are.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, notcreative enough said:

I think it's just might be scares from acne or chicken pox. The scares are what helped me recognize her. Unless someone has a strong personality that I either love or hate I won't remember them. I don't remember half the cast. My brain / memory is just not that great when it comes to past TV shows.

So are sharpie eyebrows a thing now. Not a good look veteran guy who's name I don't remember.

Must agree that the look that went home didn't seem like one look. Randomly pick top randomly pick pants and hope no one makes fun of you.

I never heard of the makeup and hair care brands. But my cheap ass buys my stuff from the drugstore. 

Poor Joshua; is his husband making him do drag makeup? Those eyebrows were horrible! He was such a good looking kid from past pictures, but his attitude, now the pencil eyebrows and I can barely look at him! ;-)

• Love 7

I am as bad at this as ever; I thought the long olive gown with the black squiggly was the loser of the bunch. That one looked so ill-fitting and cheap. Yikes. Also hated the yellow dress and and Helen’s mess. Ken’s was awful too.  Didn’t much like any of the this team, although the burgandy was good.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Bebecat said:

I am as bad at this as ever; I thought the long olive gown with the black squiggly was the loser of the bunch. That one looked so ill-fitting and cheap. Yikes. Also hated the yellow dress and and Helen’s mess. Ken’s was awful too.  Didn’t much like any of the this team, although the burgandy was good.

Merline's yellow armor was quite lovely! Just needs to position her seams better! I think this season works for me! There are a few returnees I can do without like Helen and Amanda, but I'm glad Ari got another shot! I don't like her as a person, but it was a crime being sent home after the 1st challenge the last AS's she did; really criminal! It was so well made! I'm still of another mind about her after the way she/Andy  treated Michael Costello back in Season 8! So many were such catty b!tches, led by Wretchen and Ivy! His obvious success was the best revenge with him dressing the likes of Beyonce!  ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 17

Well, that was a flat landing.  Maybe I'm just tired of the show, but I thought the looks were uniformly dull, the winning look was awful and the diva attitudes even more irritating than usual.  I'll give it one more episode. 

• Love 7

I see they haven’t gotten Alyssa a new stylist yet, she always looks so bad, she looked like she was wearing a pumpkin costume on the runway.

I can’t give any credence to anything Georgina Chapman says, all I can think of is all the actresses that were forced to wear her crap gowns.

I can’t believe I’m glad to see Ken again, I thought he was gone, because his look was worse than Casanova’s IMO.

I thought the Rookie’s collection was fantastic, much, much better than the Veteran’s. I liked every outfit in the fall collection, but the only outfit I liked from the spring collection was Ari’s.

• Love 12

"I'm sorry Casanova, you're out"

Translation: "I'm sorry Casanova, despite what your name would imply, you just don't have as much potential for drama as Helen and Ken, so you were cannon fodder all along"

Alyssa: Can we PLEASE take Helen out of the bottom for creating a look that is barely any different from Ken's that we think is cringe-worthy?

Issac: I'm going to be bitchier than usual because everyone already hates that, especially the fans, so....

Giorgina: Please just don't ask me about my husband...

There's a reason I don't like fall beyond just the fact that it starts getting cold... what awful colors. But wow, veterans.. ya'll REALLY played it safe! Except Ari. I'll bet they would have liked to hand the win to her, but they just couldn't justify giving that team the win... What says spring? Blue, blue, BLUE!!!!! Seriously... NO other color seems "springy" to you?

Pet peeve: One of the prizes is a brother studio to help them make and launch their line. Seems to me that people who are all stars should have already done that. Yeah, I know... they're only stars of this show, but....

Agree with the poster upthread who couldn't believe the white coat dress and hat weren't in the top and that awful puke green thing with a snake was.

I'm already sick of Helen.

SO glad to see Michael Costello doing well. Were any of those contestants from his season of PR? Now THAT would have been poetic justice!

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 14

Merline and her damn hat again. Ugh. Didn't like her before, don't like her now. That dress was horrible. Seaming problems? If a dress relies on construction to make it look good and the construction completely sucks, well, I don't think you can give the dress the win, IMO. 

There was a heap of a lot of ugly on that runway tonight. 

I will give it one more episode, but based on tonight, I think I'll take a pass this season,

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, slothgirl said:

"I'm sorry Casanova, you're out"

Translation: "I'm sorry Casanova, despite what your name would imply, you just don't have as much potential from drama as Helen and Ken, so you were cannon fodder all along"

Alyssa: Can we PLEASE take Helen out of the bottom for creating a look that is barely any different from Ken's that we think is cringe-worthy?

Issac: I'm going to be bitchier than usual because everyone already hates that, especially the fans, so....

There's a reason I don't like fall beyond just the fact that it starts getting cold... what awful colors. But wow, veterans.. ya'll REALLY played it safe! Except Ari. I'll bet they would have liked to hand the win to her, but they just couldn't justify giving that team the win... What says spring? Blue, blue, BLUE!!!!! Seriously... NO other color seems "springy" to you?

Pet peeve: One of the prizes is a brother studio to help them make and launch their line. Seems to me that people who are all stars should have already done that. Yeah, I know... they're only stars of this show, but....

Agree with the poster upthread who couldn't believe the white coat dress and hat weren't in the top and that awful puke green thing with a snake was.

I'm already sick of Helen.

SO glad to see Michael Costello doing well. Were any of those contestants from his season of PR? Now THAT would have been poetic justice!

I just looked at Michael's Wiki page! I had no idea he already has a star on the Palm Springs "Walk of Stars!" It's a little soon, but that's how it is; esp. if originally from the area I guess! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 2

The whole rookies vs veterans is a joke.  Amanda was on PR twice.  There's nothing special or different about PRAS vs Original Recipe, so unlike Original Recipe when they bring back veterans to compete with sewtestants who've never been on the show, everyone knows what to expect.  I am quite happy that they didn't bring back any former winners.  Former winners won three out of five seasons of PRAS, and the fourth was Mondo so his win was pre-ordained.  PRAS is supposed to be about second chances.

Georgina looks gaunt and Isaac looks overstuffed. 

1 hour ago, slothgirl said:

It must be my TV because it was yellow, not green at my house.

I loved when Alyssa was making excuses for Edmond not having enough time to develop his dress, and Michael jumped in with I've made six dresses in one show, so forget it.  There's something to be said for having someone on the judging panel who knows what it's like to be on the other side of the stage.  Actually, listening to the critiques, it was hard to remember which outfits they liked and which they didn't, because they seemed to be all over the place with their comments. 

Liked the relay race.  I don't know that they've ever before done a skills challenge like the mise en place challenge on Top Chef, but it was good to see, even if they didn't show enough detail. 

And Anne is a huge improvement over Zanna Babbleface.  Much more like Joanna Coles when she was mentoring.  Tough but useful.

• Love 10

I seem to be in the Twilight Reality TV Zone this year.

I just watched a truncated 9-minute PR episode about distressing fabrics. WTH? ETA: Oh, it was a preview. Not like it could have been described as such or anything.

Disliked two of the Top Three dresses in the regular episode. Isn't that greenish-yellow color usually derided as "Baby Poop"? 

I liked the Blue Fringe dress the best. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2

One of the things I love about the All Stars seasons is that I don't spend the first five weeks trying to figure out who all of these people are. The weird thing is that in the All Stars season premieres when the designers are shown, I usually have an immediate and visceral reaction to some of them as soon as they appear on my screen (normally at least one or two of them evoke a loud "UGH!" or some kind of recoiling, even if I don't remember why I hated them in their previous season), but this time around, my reaction was much milder. The strongest reaction I had was rolling my eyes (hilariously, the strongest eye roll was for Amanda - I think Helen would have gotten one too if I'd recognized her with that blonde hair). I can't tell if my memory isn't what it used to be or if they didn't get the absolute worst designers for this season.

So far I like Ann as the new mentor. She was obviously not afraid to tell the designers that she didn't like what they had made, which is what they need. I appreciate that many of them tried to incorporate her critiques into their designs (or at least listened enough not to keep going in the same direction after she said she didn't like what they were doing).

Stanley's white jacket and long skirt combined with the hat reminded me of Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?

Amanda's deep v top with red pants was okay but I was rolling my eyes at her voiceover description. "It's always rock and roll. It's clothes for the cool girl."

Char's wine colored dress had great movement on the runway and it looked good on her model, but I didn't like the yellow shoes with it.

Merline's golden dress was all kinds of bad. The design itself was a mixture of frumpy and boring and the construction wasn't great - and with a high/low skirt thrown in on top of everything else. But to be fair, this was way better than some of the garbage we've seen in several recent seasons. Hated those arm cut outs. I think that the judges (Alyssa?) gave her too much credit for trying to make a body part that's normally not considered sexy into something sexy.

I did not like Kimberley's look at all. I hated the funnel collar (I hope Melissa laughs when she hears Kimberley's voiceover about how she just invented this new collar). I hated the weird sort of poofy sleeves. I also hated the zip off yellow pants. They reminded me of the convertible hiking pants at REI.

Kelly's model looked great in her brown 70s jumpsuit but ultimately, it was just a brown 70s jumpsuit.

Candice's was the best look of the fall collection from the rookies. Compared to the boring snoozefest that everyone else on her team came up with, her design looked interesting and creative even though it wasn't super innovative.

Edmond's diarrhea colored dress was boring and I was not a fan of the color. I also hated the football shoulder pads. It looked like it could have fit the model a little better. Maybe it was the football pads getting in the way, but the dress looked weird in the breast area.

Ari's dress was beautiful. I loved the white section with the cut outs and the blue part of the dress is what Nina would have called easy. The white cut outs were featured in several of the team’s designs. Did they ever mention who came up with that?

I hated Ken's outfit. First, I did not like the combination of those two shades of blue together. I don't know if that was his choice or the team's choice but it ended up looking like a Canadian tuxedo because having the shades of blue next to each other made them look like denim. Overall the outfit looked like it was trying too hard. There were so many design elements (the pointy shoulders, the triangle cut out over the lower back, the color blocking, etc.) but none of the ideas were good. And the seams where the two colors met on the back of the pants did not match up! Overall, this looked like the Charlotte Russe version of business attire aka cheaply made and kind of inappropriate, but something that a college girl in the late 90s would buy thinking that it was okay to wear in an office setting.

Casanova was not kidding when he said he is designing sexy. The slits in those pants were sky high. The top was an interesting idea but I don't think it was constructed well. I also think he should not have had the cut outs on the back of the top extend so far down because then we ended up seeing the blue of the pants. He should have either had all bare skin under the cut out or he should have lined the entire cut out with the blue fabric from the pants.

Orange Josh! I loved the fuchsia color he used. I don't think everything in a collection has to be matchy matchy in color. I liked that although the dress looked very easy breezy Miami (to use his words), it still had some interesting elements like the silvery grey straps and the way the skirt was layered.

For me, the only interesting part of Melissa's white outfit was the cut out section on the front of the top. Using leather trim was not a good idea because it made the top look like it didn't fit properly. The skirt was just a pencil skirt.

Helen's outfit was boring for me. It wasn't bad but it was forgettable. Again I hated those two shades of blue together.

I had a mixed reaction to Fabio's. It wasn't bad and it was not totally boring, but I didn't love it. I also didn't like that the top was shorter right over the crotch. Because the top was longer on both sides, having that short section made it look like a crotch cut out.

Anthony's teal dress had drama, but it was all in the fringe. Without that, it was just a cocktail dress.

How did Edmond, Char, and Merline have the highest scores? Ugh. But I'm glad that they called out Ari as having the highest score on the spring team.

I had to laugh when Georgina said she couldn't bear to look at the sleeves on Char's dress - as she's sitting there wearing a balding Muppet as sleeves.

OMG can we please keep Michael Costello as a judge? I laughed SO HARD when he was not having any of Alyssa's excuses for Edmond. I'm also glad that Georgina kept pointing out the execution problems in the top three designs.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Typo
  • Love 20

Not sure what I just watched - but besides Stanley's jacket and skirt and Candace's outfit - I thought the rest of the rookie collection was horrible! I didn't like Cassanova's outfit but I like the concept - and I really loved the two tone blue clothing. Loved the cut out and when they said that the rookies won - I thought what are they smoking. Do like Costello as a judge and I say we keep him.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, slothgirl said:

With respect; my understanding is that this season's PRAS was filmed, finished and in the can before the Weinstein scandal hit. I'm not a fan of the woman (don't hate her designs, don't love them, mostly simply don't care), suspect she knew--or had a pretty damn good idea--who/what he was when she married him but that's her business. Literally.

I do admit to some mixed feelings, not that it's any of my concern, about her instantaneous decision to file for divorce but would likely have done the same thing--there are a couple of young children to consider-- and I'm not going to second guess someone I don't know, will never meet and of  whom I have no inside knowledge.

I honestly don't mean to sound preachy or pollyannaish, know this is a snark site (which I love to death) but I draw a personal line when there are kids involved. My own marriage broke up 20 years ago when I was forced to make a decision as to whether I would help my severely mentally ill now ex or raise our then young son. 'Couldn't do both, not possible. Rightly or wrongly, I opted to raise my son with whom I have a close relationship, is grown, a successful professional in his chosen field and a damn nice guy. Just saying.

This is not to say I  think that Georgina is a saint.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I had to laugh when Georgina said she couldn't bear to look at the sleeves on Char's dress - as she's sitting there wearing a balding Muppet as sleeves.

I laughed when Georgina said that some of the contestants had questionable taste...while her face was framed in Muppet feathers.   

I'm glad Issac is back.  He's usually quite honest when he hasn't fallen in love with a contestant.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Bebecat said:

Edmond's diarrhea colored dress was also boring and I was not a fan of the color. I also hated the football shoulder pads. It looked like it could have fit the model a little better. Maybe it was the football pads getting in the way, but the dress looked weird in the breast area.

I hated Edmond's gown an it looked like hid model had trouble walking in it.  I had it pegged for the bottom easily...it really gave me bad nineties prom dress that your grandmother sewed when she was losing her eyesight.  I actually hated it more then Ken and Helen's outfits.

7 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

I just looked at Michael's Wiki page! I had no idea he already has a star on the Palm Springs "Walk of Stars!" It's a little soon, but that's how it is; esp. if originally from the area I guess! ;-)

It is such a fantastic irony that Michael is doing so well, when he was bullied and treated like crap by the other contestants on his season.

10 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

When this show was on Bravo I almost remembered every contestant.  I have  watched every season and it is like the Men in Black flashy thinged my brain, cuz I was like "who the hell are you"  way too many times.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 13

I didn't even remember that PRAS was on - found it while I was scrolling through the guide.

I don't know how I feel about this season - it seems like at least half of the designers were chosen more for bringing the drama than their talent.

Most of what I saw was "meh"...so glad to see that Helen is still designing crop tops and pencil skirts - even if she changed it up a teeny bit by attaching them in the back to make it a one piece garment (saying this very sarcastically!!)

The rest - well, we'll see.

So far, all I've got is that Georgina Chapman looked like a swan moulting her feathers, and Alyssa Milano's dresser still hates her - putting her in a 6 year old's lace party dress.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Amanda's deep v top with red pants was okay but I was rolling my eyes at her voiceover description. "It's always rock and roll. It's clothes for the cool girl."

And that's why I don't l like Amanda.  She likes herself enough for ALL the rest of us, even though she can't seem to make Project Runway work for her...

• Love 17

Michael Costello was my guy his season so it's exciting to see him doing well and giving no quarter to excuses about time constraints.

Happy to see the return of Fabio, Ari & guy from Atlanta sporting the James Brown-esque hair. Helen and Candice can go away quickly.

I didn't understand what was so awful about Casanova's look?

• Love 4

Amanda is the worst.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Bebecat said:

Totally agree. I can't believe that fugly pukey olive green dress was one of the top looks! The darts at the breast area looked crazy bad and with those awful shoulder pads they made the model look totally lopsided. I hated the yellow dress with the stupid inner sleeve cutouts too. I didn't like Helen and Ken's color/pattern scheme - they looked like bad retro flight attendant outfits. I thought Ken's was the worst of the two, but at least he realized the problems with it and I'm glad he wasn't eliminated. Even though he's had his over-the-top bitch moments in the past, he seemed a lot more calm the last time around and he can be funny.

I'm having trouble recognizing a few of the "all-stars" this season too. I really don't remember Merline, Kimberly, and Mellissa.

And I'm happy that Michael Costello is doing well too.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, magpye29 said:

And that's why I don't l like Amanda.  She likes herself enough for ALL the rest of us, even though she can't seem to make Project Runway work for her...

Those wear-to-work-in-an-office pants were about as rock and roll/cool as an apron over a prairie dress.   Has Amanda ever been to a concert?  

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, jrlr said:

Has Amanda ever been to a concert?  

Supposedly her brother is some big rocker in a band, although I never remember which.  So yeah, she should have seen a concert or two in her time.  She's just so entranced by her own mythology that it really bugs.

• Love 3

Maroon 5. How many times this season are we to hear that fact?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Michael Costello was my guy his season so it's exciting to see him doing well and giving no quarter to excuses about time constraints.

Happy to see the return of Fabio, Ari & guy from Atlanta sporting the James Brown-esque hair. Helen and Candice can go away quickly.

I didn't understand what was so awful about Casanova's look?

I love Michael! If I'm remembering correctly, he could churn out two dresses in the allotted time. Now he's designed gowns for Beyoncé, good for him. He was practically bullied on his season.

• Love 19

To call that dress olive green is a terrible insult to olives.  And a terrible flash back to the 70s, when muddy colors ruled and finding clothes I could bear to wear was really difficult.  Please, please tell me we aren't going back to that palette!  I worked for a ceramic paints & glazes company back then, and the colors for  coming year/s were sent out by a magazine company (Better Homes & Gardens, possibly, it's so long I've forgotten, a Conde Nast company, anyway) way ahead of time, and you would see them in clothes, house paints, hobby paints, kitchen appliances and doodads - everywhere.  

Meanwhile, I remember almost everyone except a couple of the women.  Helen seems to be back in fine snark fettle; As I remember, she was more mellow her first PRAS than in her original season.  Ken has evidently stayed on whatever meds he must have started after his first season.  I still love Anthony, but I'm thinking he won't last very long.  And I still love Kelly from the Deli.  I don't have any huge strong feelings about any of them, really, with the exception of Orange Josh.  Even if he has miraculously morphed into a decent human being, I cannot erase the horrible impression he made his first season.  I'll watch because there isn't a whole lot I care for on TV, and it looks to be fairly entertaining. 

• Love 6

How in the world did Candice's beautiful dress not make the top three and that green ill-fitting abomination did?  I would say it felt like backward day on PRAS where worst is ranked first but I'm afraid with these judges it's gonna be a full backwards season.  Their taste level:  Yuck.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, generate789 said:

I have a friend who was on PR and he said that producers were practically BEGGING alum to be on this show.

I was already laughing at the beginning of the episode when one of the female contestants said what an honor it was to be an All Star because they don’t ask just anyone to come back. At the time that I watched the episode, I thought uh, well, actually they DO ask just about anyone to come back. But knowing that your friend said they were begging people to do this season makes it even funnier that she tried to frame it as being such an honor. 

• Love 12

I would be quite content to have Anthony narrate the entire season.  Can't get enough of him.

Yay, Kelly!  Love her.  Loved her jumpsuit..hope she goes far.

Merline?  Ugh.  Questionable choice for All-Stars except to be cast as the Annoying Designer.  At least she stopped that "Hashtag..." bullshit.

So I see Aminat from ANTM is a model again but I think she's too skinny now.  I thought she was one of the most gorgeous models ever on ANTM but I swear she's lost weight.  Eat a burger, Aminat!

Bye, Casanova.  You're gone too soon.  Ken's dreck was much more deserving of the auf'ing.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Amanda is not any more arrogant and full of herself than at least 1/2 the people who have been on this show. I really don't get the dislike of her based on her personality. Not picking on you specifically, cause you aren't the only one posting about it. I just don't agree that she is worthy of singling out over her confidence/arrogance.

2 hours ago, frogzapper said:

Totally agree. I can't believe that fugly pukey olive green dress was one of the top looks! The darts at the breast area looked crazy bad and with those awful shoulder pads they made the model look totally lopsided. I hated the yellow dress with the stupid inner sleeve cutouts too. I didn't like Helen and Ken's color/pattern scheme - they looked like bad retro flight attendant outfits. I thought Ken's was the worst of the two, but at least he realized the problems with it and I'm glad he wasn't eliminated. Even though he's had his over-the-top bitch moments in the past, he seemed a lot more calm the last time around and he can be funny.

I am also enjoying Ken in his "reformed" personality. I'm glad he knew his outfit didn't work. But how did they think Merline's DID work? There wasn't anything about it that was win-worthy to me. Didn't it even have a seam right across the fullest part of the bust? WTF was THAT about?

2 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I loved this one, by candice: allstarhippie.thumb.jpg.aa5aa6f1e6d66c1913e47d498fed7912.jpg

and this one from anthonyallstarturq.thumb.jpg.166f6ddeaedb81f5435765bad50c6937.jpg:

Totally agree. Would have liked to see both in the top. Candice's wasn't just fall colors, it had a falling leaves flow to it that really worked IMO. Plus it was just enough 70's boho without being costumey. Kelly's jumpsuit wasn't "retro" inspired.. it was just taken directly from the 70's like it was designed as a period costume, not a current fashion trend.

Plus, I just love Anthony. I don't think PR is a good showcase for what he does, but I've usually loved his gowns. My one objection to this gown is that the shape of fringe in back wouldn't look good on many body types. It doesn't even flatter this model. The top of the fringe should dip MUCH lower so that you can see she has a waist, and the bottom should be cut at more of an angle like the front (or be longer or something). It makes her look like an apple shape from the back, and there's NO WAY this model is an apple. The front is great, but the back looks like it's purpose is to hide the shape of her body under the fringe rather than enhance it.

1 hour ago, Calamity Jane said:

To call that dress olive green is a terrible insult to olives.  And a terrible flash back to the 70s, when muddy colors ruled and finding clothes I could bear to wear was really difficult.  Please, please tell me we aren't going back to that palette!  I worked for a ceramic paints & glazes company back then, and the colors for  coming year/s were sent out by a magazine company way ahead of time, and you would see them in clothes, house paints, hobby paints, kitchen appliances and doodads - everywhere.  

I have an olive and gold bathroom in my house that is overdue for a makeover by decades. And even IT is less offensive than that baby-spew dress and some of the other colors up there! On the other hand, if this palette is making a comback, maybe I won't have to re-do all that expensive tile work after all

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, slothgirl said:

I really don't get the dislike of her based on her personality. Not picking on you specifically, cause you aren't the only one posting about it.

It's not her personality.  I would like her just fine if she didn't like herself enough for both of us.  I don't really know if I can explain it better than to say that she rubs me the wrong way because she's so SURE she's the leader of the cool kids and everything she does is just awesome and rocking.  She acts like she won the championship, but she's as much of an also-ran as anyone else on this cast.  She's more coherent and better-looking than most, but she's still a wannabe, too.

• Love 12

My mother, who had little exposure to Project Runway prior to last night, joined me in watching the premiere and proclaimed "That Helen is horrible!" by the end of the episode. She learns fast.

I knew Casanova was toast because he simply didn't have the drama-causing potential of the other two. The unpleasant contestants are going to be brought along to the bitter end so they can complain, cry, and design ugly clothes for every challenge. 

Amanda doesn't particularly annoy me. She's not lacking in the ego department, but I wouldn't say she's more arrogant than most of the other contestants. The fashion industry seems to attract people who think very, very highly of themselves and their work. At least she's not mean.

Did not love any of the top three's garments, and agree that Edmond had no business being a contender for the win. 

• Love 11

Love Michael Costello.  Love that he appeared on an All-Star season and didn't win which only points out the weaknesses in the format and the judging.  Yeah, don't let him win and then he went on to win in the way that really counts-by being one of, if not the single most, successful of all of the designers who have appeared on either version of this show.  I was Team Costello during his original season and applaud the revenge he has gotten on those who tormented him; including Mondo who later said that he regretted his actions.  Beyonce?  Yeah-tell me again why he didn't win either season...

Back to this year's contestants-I was sorry to see Casanova leave as I generally enjoy him.  However, I did agree with the judges that the two pieces were disjointed.  I didn't agree with the top looks and especially with the winning look.  One sleeve was attached, the other looked like it was falling off.  Oh well.  Not happy to see many of the returning contestants.  I am in for the season and will be happy when the contestants I like the least are eliminated.

• Love 16

What was that?

when they were walking I thought that yellow and olive dresses were dragging the collection down. Judges even crapped on them: seam placement, trying to excuse puke color as innovative. Since when are top designs poorly made? Even if they are innovative. Before judges would say they liked the design but the seams and the hemms  needed work. They would not put poor execution in the top. Till this season I guess.

I did like the burgundy dress. I love fall fashion in general and burgundy screams fall. I’d wear this dress in a heart beat. With some black tights and riding boots. 

Idk. I’ll watch few more episodes but so far it’s really bad. 

Eta

i wonder how the math worked. They took Helen out of bottom 3 because her look wasn’t that bad it was just one of the lower 3 totals. 

So that means that the rest of the scores were at least good. How low were the two lowest and how high were the poorly executed high ones to make fall team win? 

Edited by vavera4ka
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Yeah, I still can't stand Helen, blathering on about "compromise, " etc. I do like Anne as a mentor; her no-nonsense advice is needed to counteract the camera awareness of these designers/reality show stars.

Yes, Helen...the team dragged down your remarkable talent.   Way to take ownership...at least Ken admitted to his mistakes.

6 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I loved this one, by candice: allstarhippie.thumb.jpg.aa5aa6f1e6d66c1913e47d498fed7912.jpg

and this one from anthonyallstarturq.thumb.jpg.166f6ddeaedb81f5435765bad50c6937.jpg:

4 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

How in the world did Candice's beautiful dress not make the top three and that green ill-fitting abomination did?  I would say it felt like backward day on PRAS where worst is ranked first but I'm afraid with these judges it's gonna be a full backwards season.  Their taste level:  Yuck.

These pictures illustrate that Georgina's tasted in clothes is about as good as her taste in husbands.  I am sure all the actresses that were forced to wear her clothes are laughing their asses off.

• Love 8
On 1/5/2018 at 5:13 PM, qtpye said:

These pictures illustrate that Georgina's tasted in clothes is about as good as her taste in husbands.  I am sure all the actresses that were forced to wear her clothes are laughing their asses off.

I don't follow the fashion world much beyond Project Runway, so I never knew that HW forced actresses into wearing Marchesa. It explains a lot for me though.  Georgina always came off as a little aloof as a judge on the show....kind of like she was taking a bit of a back seat.

Now I get it.  She is low-key 'cause she knew others knew about HW.   Being anything other than low key would result in a huge and negative spotlight.

I think she's talented, but we'll never know if she would have gotten to where she is by her own devices.   Unfortunately for her, history will show that her success was at least partially driven by way of a bully husband and it was gained at the expense of others.   

She knows this, and she knows the rest of the world knows it too.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6