Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

I had forgotten that MM had wanted to fire the make-up artist just because she (make-up artist) liked a post that was critical of MM.  What Karen does on her off-time is her business isn't it?  It seems that for MM all time is HER time.
I remember years ago I had some work friends over for dinner.  The following week my boss called me into her office.  Apparently, some other co-workers went to her to complain that I had not invited them to my house for dinner! Seriously, I kind of got in trouble for having fun during personal time at my own home!  Reminds me of somebody - I wonder who?

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, falltime said:

She is going to be on This Week w/George Stephanopoulos

You have got to be fucking kidding me.  Wow, so ABC doesn't give an actual shit.  Didn't they also have her homophobic rage tweeting husband on just recently?

ABC news has given up.

I cannot wait to see what a mess she makes of herself again.  And yet, she is getting paid, which irks me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, bannana said:
7 hours ago, falltime said:

She is going to be on This Week w/George Stephanopoulos

You have got to be fucking kidding me.  Wow, so ABC doesn't give an actual shit.  Didn't they also have her homophobic rage tweeting husband on just recently?

ABC news has given up.

I cannot wait to see what a mess she makes of herself again.  And yet, she is getting paid, which irks me.

Yeppp.  I also don't know how Christie is taken seriously at ALL or managed to land his cushy ABC contributor gig after bridgegate.  Not surprisingly, Meggy has not commented on Twitter about Trump's latest disgustingly racist attacks against Representative Cummings and his district. 

Edited by BelleBrit
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, bannana said:

ABC news has given up.

I think you're absolutely right. I don't know why they would have her on that show. She is  a political "wannna be". Hasn't anyone from ABC seen her ridiculous behavior on The View?? That's some pretty good photo shopping! Who's responsible for all this publicity about her? And who really cares?? One more thing...what happened to George Stephanopoulos? Doesn't he have any say in who will be on his show? 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, bannana said:

ABC news has given up.

I believe he appears regularly on CBS's Face the Nation.  Cannot believe they haven't reconsidered having him appear, particularly after his tweets about Seth.  

I'm beginning to think none of these networks give a damn.

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What in the hell is she trying to say?  Either this is an old pic or she's added those awful long hair extensions again.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

I watched NutMeg on This Week.  

• She had a serious frown and surly expression on her face throughout, whether she was talking or listening.
  • She wore her red power suit again.
  • Her two comments were the exact ones she made on The View.  Re tech cos. should be accountable, and re Mueller not remembering a meeting with Rosenstein and appearing to not have authored the report.  And movie version of the book nonsense.
  • She tried to make a second comment about tech, quoted the Tulsi Gabbard lawsuit against Google, but no one cared.  Then when she said Zucker is paying a $50 million dollar fine related to something else, everyone on the panel laughed at her, because it is actually 50 BILLION, and 50 million would be a mere sneeze to Zucker.
  • She tried to speak again but George ignored her and then the show was over, but we could hear her screechy voice as the went off the air.
  • She was the only one who had notes in front of her.
  • She seemed way  out of place on the panel.  She looked kind of terrified.
Edited by bannana
Google not Facebook!
  • LOL 15
  • Love 7

I just checked on the Zucker fine, and it is $5 Billion, but I am pretty sure they all laughed and said 50.  I could be wrong.  But it def was not 50 million and that is why they laughed.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 7/27/2019 at 9:25 AM, falltime said:

Meghan asked,"do you consider this a WIN for Democrats?"

She is the first one to criticize tribalism, partisan politics, and whatever else she calls it. But this question illustrates how she thinks. Republicans vs Democrats,  conservatives  vs. Liberals,  right vs. Left.  Her lame attempt at a gotcha question  showed exactly how she views the world.

• Love 14
(edited)
16 hours ago, bannana said:
  • She seemed way  out of place on the panel.  She looked kind of terrified.

I was saw part of the show, mainly to hear what some of the other guests had to say. Watched long enough to agree with the quote...she is not qualified to speak politics with anyone. If you need notes and can't carry on an interesting conversation with your own ideas, then you don't belong on a political discussion panel. Can't the big wigs at ABC understand this??? I didn't see the panel laugh at her, maybe this is what she needs? Why is ABC putting up with her?

Edited by PennyPie18
I saw, no was!!Ops
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

MM, imo - is a very nasty person and no one needs to  interact with her more than professionally.

She also seems to get nasty in her personal life too. Based on the following quote by Abby to the daily beast article from several weeks ago.

“We always say I’m the good cop and she’s the bad cop. It works, but we handle every situation completely differently. There are those moments when Meghan will say, ‘How are you so patient with me, and how are you still my friend?’ and first of all I love her to death.”

Huntsman added: “There are moments when she can get worked up, and there are  moments when she’s the sweetest, most wonderful person in the world… With Meghan, I know how to navigate it. I know not to fire back at certain times, you know, let it breathe for a day and then we’ll come back. Because we’ve had our moments where we’ve had to talk things through."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, falltime said:

She also seems to get nasty in her personal life too. Based on the following quote by Abby to the daily beast article from several weeks ago.

i remember she told a story of how she and her husband got so heated over a political discussion they had to pull over and separate to breathe. like she had to go to a restroom to breathe or something? I was like.......... imagine taking things that seriously. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Did catch MM on The Week on Sunday and she was very much so out of her league.  She tried all her "The View" tricks but they don't work on an actual professional political panel.   She tried interrupting others while they made their points and they just kept talking as if she wasn't there.   

I almost felt bad for her her.... almost....

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

You know, after seeing her dreadful performance on "This Week", and her ridiculous rants on "The View", I  would love to know who is still encouraging her to act like a political expert while she is constantly embarrassing herself? Chubby Hubby? I can't imagine her family wouldn't try to make her see this is not the profession in which she belongs. Okay, money speaks! But she's not worth whatever salary she is being paid. JMHO 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

Did catch MM on The Week on Sunday and she was very much so out of her league.  She tried all her "The View" tricks but they don't work on an actual professional political panel.   She tried interrupting others while they made their points and they just kept talking as if she wasn't there.   

I almost felt bad for her her.... almost....

Well, Meghan must be VERY proud of her appearance on This Week, she is retweeting all mentions of it, all photos, and videos that included her.  

I WILL SAY that the brief sentence or two she delivered on the show, at least didn't feature her signature move of looking down at a card so we can focus on her eye makeup and false lashes.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 6
(edited)
17 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Of course her boots have flags on them because Meghan is best patriot ever.

She is really, really over the top - almost to the point of being a caricature of what she thinks a red-state average Joe conservative should be like.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan is ready to “get the hell out of New York.”

well, she threatened to wear these ugly things on the show, so hopefully this week or it might mean her contract has actually been renewed and we are stuck with her... yuck

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, falltime said:

Sounds like it is a lot of work to be her friend.  Is anyone worth all that?  I am gonna say no.  

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Of course her boots have flags on them because Meghan is best patriot ever.

The rest of us just wither under the shine of Miss American McCain!  Let's hear it for her, ladies and gentlemen!!   She's a grand old flag, she's a high-flying flag, and forever in PEACE...(oh, never mind)

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, HaaCHOO said:

The rest of us just wither under the shine of Miss American McCain!  Let's hear it for her, ladies and gentlemen!!   She's a grand old flag, she's a high-flying flag, and forever in PEACE...(oh, never mind)

Remember when Elisabeth ran that marathon carrying the flag?  And we made fun of THAT.  Who knew Miss Flaggy McFlaggerson would some day show up and out-flag the hell out of our girl, Bitsy?  And everybody else.  The country as a whole.  She has out-flagged all y'all! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

I think her boots are kinda pretty...and we still wear that stuff in Arizona--even for dancing.  I checked and they're $700 at the Boot Barn.  That's beading making up the red/white stripes.  At least she didn't choose the ones with fringe that we know of (yes, they're new).

CowgirlBootsBEADED.jpg.4216c4b23ff5f6bc5ffe616e35293a9d.jpgCowgirlBootsFRINGE.JPG.153013bf153d7732456b8470353c2f64.JPG

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Sounds like it is a lot of work to be her friend.  Is anyone worth all that?  I am gonna say no.   

In this case, a big old loud, resounding, Hells to the no!!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Who knew Miss Flaggy McFlaggerson would some day show up and out-flag the hell out of our girl, Bitsy?  And everybody else.  The country as a whole.  She has out-flagged all y'all! 

We KNOW she had an agenda with Joy because she announced it on her first day.  Think she plans to "out-perform" every panelist in some secret competition?

• Love 5
On 7/27/2019 at 9:30 PM, TheView said:

I just had an image in my head of Meghan being the subject of a Broadway show. And her being humiliated while Sunny, Joy and company laugh at her on opening night. 

Heres my plan.....mmmuuuahhhhhah... oh sorry 🤔  ok my plan:      1.  Trade MM to either the ABC News div, located in DC.  Or trade to CBS morning show for a cub reporter to be named later...to fill the void of that chair would be Sara -H!  Since MM is the only reason she wouldnt go back..KeKe can take the new position at GMAday.  Shes been practicing for it for weeks now.  And Strahan would love that.  Id attach a flow chart if i could hah

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan is ready to “get the hell out of New York.”

For someone who "rides hard" for her home state and got offended for weeks over Ana and a comedian making the most innocent joke about Arizona..... you would THINK she would practice what she preaches and not disrespect other states. 

New York is the only state that will get you a job remotely related to politics nutmeg. Be gratefull 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, bella1716 said:

For someone who "rides hard" for her home state and got offended for weeks over Ana and a comedian making the most innocent joke about Arizona..... you would THINK she would practice what she preaches and not disrespect other states. 

I wonder if MM was POd that the The View chose to rerun the episode with Colin Quinn calling Arizona a litterbox last week?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I forgot to mention that on Nutmeg's appearance on This Week she said "illegal immigrants" and Matthew Dowd corrected her with "undocumented" and she seemed either annoyed or flustered.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, bella1716 said:

New York is the only state that will get you a job remotely related to politics nutmeg. Be gratefull 😂

Gee, how will the fine citizens of NY deal with this huge loss???I'm thinking, once she's gone, they'll have a big parade with confetti.....like they did for the Girls Soccer Team! Someone will carry a gigantic banner saying "Stay the hell out of NY". I sure hope chubby hubby goes with her. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, deirdra said:
2 hours ago, bella1716 said:

I wonder if MM was POd that the The View chose to rerun the episode with Colin Quinn calling Arizona a litterbox last week? 

I love this clip. MM gets butthurt when Ana repeats the joke. 😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I think her boots are kinda pretty...and we still wear that stuff in Arizona--even for dancing.  I checked and they're $700 at the Boot Barn.  That's beading making up the red/white stripes.  At least she didn't choose the ones with fringe that we know of (yes, they're new).

CowgirlBootsBEADED.jpg.4216c4b23ff5f6bc5ffe616e35293a9d.jpgCowgirlBootsFRINGE.JPG.153013bf153d7732456b8470353c2f64.JPG

Just now, MMEButterfly said:
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Okay, I think they're cute and I'm a flaming liberal.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm thinking Miss Meggie would require an extra large calf.  LOL  (As a card-carrying Calgarian, at least one pair of cowboy boots is a necessity!!)

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:42 PM, Tammee said:

Heres my plan.....mmmuuuahhhhhah... oh sorry 🤔  ok my plan:      1.  Trade MM to either the ABC News div, located in DC.  Or trade to CBS morning show for a cub reporter to be named later...to fill the void of that chair would be Sara -H!  Since MM is the only reason she wouldnt go back..KeKe can take the new position at GMAday.  Shes been practicing for it for weeks now.  And Strahan would love that.  Id attach a flow chart if i could hah

I've been hoping that would happen, too, ever since KeKe started guesting on GMA Day. The View really needs Sara back. She is like the antithesis of McCain--she brings the table together instead of dividing them.

• Love 10

Better yet, ditch that whole show and bring back The Chew!

p.s. I was never a big Sara fan but she was tolerable in an ensemble like The View. As a headliner with the equally obnoxious Strahan, no way. 

• Love 9
On 7/23/2019 at 1:46 AM, bannana said:

She is so obtuse. They are talking to  people who are trying to bring to the forefront that there is disparity in response to be a missing person if that said person is black. She then inserts at the end the fact the father is a veteran, as if the fact the missing woman is the daughter of a veteran , that her being missing should be treated differently..., when the segment was meant to highlight that every missing person deserves the same attention, gawwwwd!

• Love 18