Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, OnTime said:

P.S. I am  having fun ripping apart this article!!

I'm also having way too much fun ripping it apart.  She really thinks her job is so difficult?  How about all of the women working in really high stress jobs, i.e., doctors, nurses, police officers, lawyers, etc.  Or women working two and three jobs so they could pay the bills and put food on the table all the while being pregnant.  I could go on and on.  She doesn't have a clue what stress is all about.

I also can't get over that she felt compelled to mention The View's ratings boom (I'm sure the inference is it's because of her presence on the show) and the "vindication of the show's significance as a place at the center of political debate" (whatever that's supposed to mean).   She also has to mention how she appears in the photos, "stern and strong representing my fellow conservative women across the country".  What the hell does any of this have to do with her having suffered a miscarriage. To add to it all, we have her plagiarist husband tweeting a link to her piece with the comment "I wish I didn't have to wait to meet her".  Seriously, can these two get any more dramatic?

I think we all know what the Hot Topic is going to be on Monday.

• LOL 11
  • Love 12

honestly.......... she wouldn't be the first conservative woman to mask an abortion as a miscarriage. 

Certainly wouldn't be the first narcissist to fake a miscarriage.

I've always been 95% she has had an abortion. She was also always pro-choice until she decided she needed republican brownie points.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

I think we all know what the Hot Topic is going to be on Monday.

I'm hoping for some "breaking news" that preempts them just seconds before they go live.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

She really thinks her job is so difficult?  How about all of the women working in really high stress jobs, i.e., doctors, nurses, police officers, lawyers, etc.  Or women working two and three jobs so they could pay the bills and put food on the table all the while being pregnant.  I could go on and on.  She doesn't have a clue what stress is all about.

But, BadBea99, no one has high stress like the "women in meeeeeeeeedeeeee-ah."  Only they can understand.  It's a sisterhood.

1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

To add to it all, we have her plagiarist husband tweeting a link to her piece with the comment "I wish I didn't have to wait to meet her".  Seriously, can these two get any more dramatic?

Or CREEPY !!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

No because she's suffered a miscarriage and cannot imagine terminating a pregnancy voluntarily.*

This will become her anti-abortion argument from now on.

You're correct, Blissfool.  No woman having an abortion could ever have feelings for the tiny embryo within her body.  What was I thinking???

• Love 8
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

What is this "high-pressure, high-visibility, high-stress field" that she choose?

"Working" one hour a day at The View???

It’s so hard being the only conservative/ republican on the panel (Abby who?) and it’s so exhausting telling everyone what they should be doing. If everyone would only listen to her she wouldn’t be under so.much.stress. 

• Love 12

Meghan really is out of touch if she thinks her job is high stressed. Single mothers, mothers working minimum wage, doctors, nurses, lawyers, cops, crippled women whose husbands leave them for their mistresses, all have it worse

I'm gonna be the bitch here and say that if she did miscarry, she wasn't far enough long to know the sex but saying something like "Her daughter is in her grandfather's arms" or whatever she spouted is obviously going to garner much more sympathy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Another thing that really bugs me is how lovely this whole article was written. Honestly, does anyone believe these warm, touching, beautiful  thoughts could come from someone as hateful and nasty as her?? I truly believe that, pregnant or not, someone else wrote this whole story. Nope, the real author may never be known, but I'd bet any money it sure wasn't her. Oh, many women, including myself, have swollen boobs before their periods, and a bloated belly, too. Hard to tell on someone the size of MM.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

But, BadBea99, no one has high stress like the "women in meeeeeeeeedeeeee-ah."  Only they can understand.  It's a sisterhood.

Or CREEPY !!!!

He's talking about the baby right?  I wonder how far along she was before this happened.  They have a full name for her.  So they are treating her as a fully formed fetus.  You're right, i havent experienced it, but i have so much empathy for what they are going through.   I cry with them.....he's suffering too.  He probably got maybe 3 seconds to kiss her goodbye and she was taken away.

Same when my sister passed last March

Anyway, my condolences 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

Oh, many women, including myself, have swollen boobs before their periods, and a bloated belly, too. Hard to tell on someone the size of MM.

If that's in reference to my post, sure, women have all kinds of hormonal fluctuations.  I was just flashing  back to march when I had noticed a fullness in Meghan's  face and bigger boobs. I thought at the time she looked pregnant, and posted so. Turns out she was.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

crippled women whose husbands leave them for their mistresses, all have it worse

I see what you did there.

2 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

Another thing that really bugs me is how lovely this whole article was written. Honestly, does anyone believe these warm, touching, beautiful  thoughts could come from someone as hateful and nasty as her?? I truly believe that, pregnant or not, someone else wrote this whole story. Nope, the real author may never be known, but I'd bet any money it sure wasn't her. Oh, many women, including myself, have swollen boobs before their periods, and a bloated belly, too. Hard to tell on someone the size of MM.

No fucking way she wrote that.

And since I'm going to hell anyways I will just go ahead and say it. For all we know she wasnt pregnant just thought she was and had a real heavy period. If she miscarried at a photo shoot while on the phone she couldn't have been that far along.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

I'm sorry she had a miscarriage. It must be a painful experience. But as someone who can't get pregnant, I think it's just a ploy for sympathy. Her popularity must be low, and she's trying to get people on her side. 

• Love 17

I'd be interested to know now what MM's opinions are of the states that are (or want to) making laws to make miscarriages practically murder by the mother - who can possibly be charged with a crime after losing the fetus!    I'd really really like to know what she has to say about all this.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I'd be interested to know now what MM's opinions are of the states that are (or want to) making laws to make miscarriages practically murder by the mother - who can possibly be charged with a crime after losing the fetus!    I'd really really like to know what she has to say about all this.

Probably a variation of, "Let them eat cake."

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I thought about that too.  Would she have wrote that article if she lived in Alabama?

• Love 9

Can I just say one thing?  Actually, it’s a question-  How long is one’s loss recent?  The sainted John McCain died almost a year ago, leaving Meghan half an orphan.  In this article, she’s still calling her loss recent, and, I just curious how long does recent last?

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

This is why I can't watch this show any more, but love that you gals and guys are keeping me informed.  She didn't have a miscarriage folks, I think she went to planned parenthood, just kidding. The truth will come out MM, you can count on it. 

• Love 4

I really don't know how I feel about her revealing her pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage. 😕

What I found curious was her claim that women who have had miscarriages have been made to feel ashamed/guilty about it.  Several of my friends have had miscarriages and I can't think of anyone who was shamed about it.  Some were further along and the pain that they suffered I can't ever understand.  A few had them in the first few weeks and were surprised and a bit sad but did not carry on as MM did.  Also for all of them it was just a private matter.  They would share with others who had suffered the same experience.  When one of my friends at work  had one, other women in the office shared their own pain with her (privately) and how they coped.  That made her feel not so alone.  

Plus - it means that she was pregnant when the panel discussed women's health care, job equality, children separated for their parents, education, sexual harassment.  So even being pregnant, she could not empathize with "regular" women.

I hate to say it but MM takes things that happen in her life/to her to a dramatic extreme. Nothing is as awful as it was for her, nothing is as hurtful as it was to her, nothing is as sad as it was to her, nothing is as bad as it was to her, no one suffered as much as her.

If she really is suffering about this - I feel bad for her.  BUT I think that this extreme reaction is just dramatic effect.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

She knows her wealth insulates her from that. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

No fucking way she wrote that.

IA. Compare that article with this little gem:

On 7/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, ginger90 said:

Perhaps it’s just me? Does this make sense to anyone?

C8008386-459D-4E11-9B15-206BAEF87216.jpeg

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

She didn't have a miscarriage folks, I think she went to planned parenthood, just kidding.

No need for PP.  She has society doctors in all the places she votes: Arizona, New York, California...and D.C.    Drs. Hush-Hush and Private Practice.

• Love 6

A lot of you made excellent points. That said, every now and then I defend Meghan. It always feels a bit strange, but here goes...

I've known women who didn't want children, but found out they were pregnant, and grew to be excited about having a baby. They had all the same thoughts Meghan said she had, all the many things she wondered about her baby and all the decisions that she thought she would have to make. Meghan also never said she was 100% against having kids. I think a lot of women want them, but for a number of reasons aren't really sure motherhood is meant for them. What if I would be a bad mother? What if I have to give up the career I love? Will I be stuck in the house for many years? Can I trust my child in the care of another person if I choose to work? What if I'm too old? What if I'm not done being a kid? Is it selfish to bring life in to the world when there are already children out there who need families? Am I giving in to the societal pressure to be a mom? I kind of get Meghan when it comes to this issue. I know Meghan isn't the most likable person in the media, but I don't think she's said or done anything that would lead me to believe she'd lie about something like this. I totally believe that she had a miscarriage and was devastated, and my heart truly goes out to her for that. If she decides she wants to be a mother after all, I pray it happens. I know people who may not like her demeanor on TV may not see her as a mother, but she does seem to really cherish her family, and I think she'd love her child with that same passion.   

Regarding her job, I'm not saying she has it hard the way people juggling multiple jobs do, or that she's performing brain surgery. I know it's a sweet gig in a lot of ways for a woman who really doesn't even have to work at all. I also know she is responsible for a lot of the negativity spewed her way. But I do think being a public figure and speaking about politics every day is stressful. I'm not an heiress, my views are more in line with the liberal news outlets, and I still wouldn't do it for all the money in the world. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

If that's in reference to my post, sure, women have all kinds of hormonal fluctuations.  I was just flashing  back to march when I had noticed a fullness in Meghan's  face and bigger boobs. I thought at the time she looked pregnant, and posted so. Turns out she was.

Oh yeah, I absolutely knew I was pregnant.  It is different from anything else.  Bigger boobs that are also painful.  Etc.  

I miscarried, and I didn't write an op-ed in the NYT.  Because it is a sad, but normal, thing that happens to women. Yes, I grieved.  And I never ever thought that I should share that with the world and talk about my "rock strewn wasteland" or whatever the fuck she said.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
20 hours ago, bella1716 said:

I've always been 95% she has had an abortion

The timing of this certainly could make one believe this could be true. Most amnio testing takes a while, unless they have quickened the whole process. But, I still don't think there was a pregnancy, and I'd like to take that pic of those two horrible morons and throw darts at it. Those hateful devils deserve each other. Oh, and just to add to the conversation, the grief felt by those who have lost a baby after birth, such as crib deaths, sickness, ( the St, Jude videos are enough to break your heart), or finding out your child is hopelessly handicapped, both physically and mentally ( my baby was 7 mos. old  when we were given the devastating news), makes me sick to see how she's acting like this is the most grief anyone has ever experienced. It just proves what we all have been saying, MM has led a privileged life, and has never had any sympathy for others. She still doesn't...this is all about her .

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

The timing of this certainly could make one believe this could be true. Most amnio testing takes a while, unless they have quickened the whole process. But, I still don't think there was a pregnancy, and I'd like to take that pic of those two horrible morons and throw darts at it. Those hateful devils deserve each other. Oh, and just to add to the conversation, the grief felt by those who have lost a baby after birth, such as crib deaths, sickness, ( the St, Jude videos are enough to break your heart), or finding out your child is hopelessly handicapped, both physically and mentally ( my baby was 7 mos. old  when we were given the devastating news), makes me sick to see how she's acting like this is the most grief anyone has ever experienced. It just proves what we all have been saying, MM has led a privileged life, and has never had any sympathy for others. She still doesn't...this is all about her .

Thirteen yeats ago, My minister's newborn died with several hours of birth despite heroic life saving procedures. She had a perfect pregnancy at approx. age 32 and deiivered a boy.  Her other child was 11 years old. Her husband and she held the baby,  wires and all, until he died in their arms. 

That is heartbreaking.  

She began talking about her grief, poignantly and beautifully, in her sermons about 6 years later. Incredible strength and faith helped her and helps  us with her story.

After her baby died-- the next year--to the day-- she gave birth to a healthy son. 

Her story is NYT worthy. 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, PennyPie18 said:

makes me sick to see how she's acting like this is the most grief anyone has ever experienced. It just proves what we all have been saying, MM has led a privileged life, and has never had any sympathy for others. She still doesn't...this is all about her .

I guess I've led a privileged life too at least in the sense that I never had to face the loss of a  close loved one.  Until last December.  I lost my beautiful sister to cancer.  And the lesson I have learned is that everyone grieves differently and there is no one right way.  Maybe MM is the terrible person many posting here believe her to be - I have no idea - but what I do know  now is that I can never ever say how someone else should react to their personal tragedies.  We are all different.

Edited by Homily
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm hoping for some "breaking news" that preempts them just seconds before they go live.

I think the piece was intentionally released on Friday to see what kind of reaction would follow over the weekend. I haven’t seen it on any major news network and the last time I looked at her twitter account, the post where she links the article didn’t have as many “likes” as some of her other tweets. It doesn’t seem like it received the attention she hoped it would - not as far as I can tell anyway - so she’ll probably talk about it on Monday. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Reading Meghan's post (Twitter? Instagram?) that starts with a "Rocky" quote and ends with her note to the man who loves her "wild heart," I truly hope that marriage can last.  It has to be very difficult.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Homily said:

I guess I've led a privileged life too at least in the sense that I never had to face the loss of a  close loved one.  Until last December.  I lost my beautiful sister to cancer.  And the lesson I have learned is that everyone grieves differently and there is no one right way.  Maybe MM is the terrible person many posting here believe her to be - I have no idea - but what I do know  now is that I can never ever say how someone else should react to their personal tragedies.  We are all different.

I'm so sorry about your sister. I agree we are all different. There is a lot I've criticized Meghan about, including bringing everything back to her father, but I've never had an issue with how she's grieving specifically. Losing an immediate family member or a best friend has to be one of the most difficult things to ever experience, and Meghan is still a relatively young woman. My mother was much older than Meghan when my grandfather died, and she struggled talking about him for a couple of years after he passed without crying. She still misses him all the time. I was upset by his death, but I didn't see him a lot growing up, so I knew how I felt didn't compare to my mother's pain. I've also known people who lost parents and even children who went straight back to work, and absolutely nothing changed in their demeanor. We are definitely all different.

• Love 7
(edited)

Ok, MM "writes" a long article about her miscarriage for the NYT. 

But she says on Twitter that she doesn't want anyone to feel sorry for her.

Sooooo, what did she want or hope to accomplish by the article?

Women have been dealing with miscarriages for centuries, mostly privately,  with their community of other women. Her tone in the article is defiant and hard against a paper tiger of her own imagination. 

Idk what MM seeks, other than notoriety for herself. 

I think she's also desperately trying to eke out a public  image for herself. She wasn't in the military like her brothers and ancestors,  she wasn't her dad,  she isn't her mom,  or her adopted sister.  She never did anything noteworthy. 

She needs to go away and deal with herself first. 

Save me a seat on the handcart to hell with y'all. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 21
(edited)
7 hours ago, Tosia said:

I think she's also desperately trying to eke out a public  image for herself. She wasn't in the military like her brothers and ancestors,  she wasn't her dad,  she isn't her mom,  or her adopted sister.  She never did anything noteworthy. 

More publicity/PR began after she went to a new talent agency.  They're earning their money.

Edited by HaaCHOO
the first sentence made no sense.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Ok, MM "writes" a long article about her miscarriage for the NYT. 

But she says on Twitter that she doesn't want anyone to feel sorry for her.

Sooooo, what did she want or hope to accomplish by the article?

Women have been dealing with miscarriages for centuries, mostly privately,  with their community of other women. Her tone in the article is defiant and hard against a paper tiger of her own imagination. 

Idk what MM seeks, other than notoriety for herself. 

She needs to go away and deal with herself first. 

Save me a seat on the handcart to hell with y'all. 

I agree she is trying to make herself a brand. But as it stands now that brand seems to be grief. And it's not like she is standing tall surviving the grief but instead wallowing in it. Girl doesn't need a NYT article. She needs a shrink.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I think the piece was intentionally released on Friday to see what kind of reaction would follow over the weekend. I haven’t seen it on any major news network and the last time I looked at her twitter account, the post where she links the article didn’t have as many “likes” as some of her other tweets. It doesn’t seem like it received the attention she hoped it would - not as far as I can tell anyway - so she’ll probably talk about it on Monday. 

I agree that its release on Friday was intentional, to get maximum coverage over the weekend. No doubt she'll be crying on Monday morning's show to make us all feel her enormous, greater-than-any-other-human's suffering! Too bad. Even if I actually believed this was real, my only response would be that she's lucky she's rich and privileged, unlike the average women suffering in places like Alabama because of the policies she shills for every day. She deserves to be treated the same as they are being treated.

• Love 19
On 7/20/2019 at 8:17 AM, Blissfool said:

No because she's suffered a miscarriage and cannot imagine terminating a pregnancy voluntarily.*

*FTR she has not said this. I am just guessing what her rhetoric will become.

That’s exactly what I was thinking after reading her revelation. How dare women commit murder when I had a much loved wanted  child ripped from me that I will never forget ,but thank goodness she is in my fathers arms in heaven.

I know every one reacts differently but after my first miscarriage (although I had to wait 3 months) became obsessed with getting pregnant again.  When my next baby died at 5 days old I was left devastated and 3 months later had non stop sobbing at a grave my in laws arranged.  Not once did I feel  anger or resentment nor did I rage at anyone.  I didn’t laugh at television and had trouble concentrating so asked family to bring their ironing to me. Yeah it was that long ago!

I went on to have 2 difficult pregnancies and births and a third miscarriage . We are women, we are goddesses we go on.  I’ll say it again this should make her a softer kinder compassionate human being.  This may be a lead up/ excuse for her to take time for herself and not return.  

~~ Another question I never hear her discuss the future of the Republican Party just just what dee p trouble Democrat’s are in. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, pinguina said:

I hate to say it but MM takes things that happen in her life/to her to a dramatic extreme. Nothing is as awful as it was for her, nothing is as hurtful as it was to her, nothing is as sad as it was to her, nothing is as bad as it was to her, no one suffered as much as her.

THIS to the nth degree!

She truly has no coping skills when bad things happen.   She is an island of grief and pain and awfulness, where she and she alone suffers like no one has suffered in the history of mankind.

Practically every being on earth has experienced the situations she thinks are her burdens only, and practically every other person has soldiered through them without the cushion of money, fame, extensive family support systems, or a public platform from which to complain and vent about the unfairness of it all.  

She is loathesome.  

Bad-ass, my ass.   She's the flakiest little snowflake ever.

• Love 22
On 7/20/2019 at 10:17 AM, Blissfool said:

*FTR she has not said this. I am just guessing what her rhetoric will become. 

Yes, it fits in perfectly with her bullshit talking point that the Democratic party if the "party of infanticide".   she can now relate it to her own experience.   Dems want to murder babies, she represents the republicans who want every baby to live.  Another couple of jumps in logic and she'll be saying that democrats CELEBRATE miscarriages. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

But I have to confess that I have difficulty mustering up sympathy for someone who only has sympathy for herself or for people who go through the EXACT same thing that she has gone through.  

But only if they are Republicans!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I know Meghan has said that she's not sure about having kids but becoming pregnant can change someone's view on that and I do feel for her loss. I can also understand the way a woman may feel shame or guilt of not doing enough to protect their child but it's hard to focus all of my energy on empathizing with her loss when she really talks about herself as a martyr and uselessly follows it up with 'don't feel sorry for me'. She made it seem like she was willing to fall on the sword in an effort to stand up for all women how miscarry and are shamed for it. We already live in a fucked up society, there's no need to create pretend issues just so you can stand up and act like you're going to be the saviour. That shame is often part of that woman's emotionally journey in trying to understand why she miscarried, not a journey that she's forced to experience because others are shaming her. Sure, there's some people that would find blame in the woman, but that isn't the prevailing feeling when people hear about a woman having miscarried.

A LOT of high profile women and everyday women share these stories EVERY DAY...just because they aren't putting it in the New York Times doesn't mean that they aren't using their platforms in whatever way possible to open that door of sisterhood to all of the women who have had to go through that trauma. There's a lot of things that people say that Meghan has chosen not to address, I don't believe that she was forced to reveal this information. It's okay for her to speak on it but she's just always so extra and it's hard to really keep all of my energy focused on her loss but not to make all of this negative, I hope that she's healing well from her experience. If it's made her more open to the idea of having children and possibly excited about it, then I wish her the best of luck in that journey.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 4:37 PM, Medicine Crow said:

she is lying.

On 7/20/2019 at 9:35 AM, Anthea84 said:

I think this is a ploy. Meghan team saw the good will Mrs Obama got after telling this story and they decided to use. Meghan and her husband are so self centered. They transform everything about them. Can she be asked to leave?

With all due respect...I think we are all being too cruel. Ladies, this is a fellow woman we are talking about. Annoying, yes-- misguided, yes-- and many other things. But this woman, as privileged as she is, lost her pregnancy. It's painful, no matter your social class, no matter your political affiliation. The NYT chose to publish her story, or possibly even asked her to do a story. They haven't asked those of us who have miscarried, because we aren't public figures. I give her a pass on this whole thing. Do most of us deal with this sort of thing better? Yes. Have many of us lost our fathers already, and went to work within days? I have. I know many of you have too. We have dealt with cancer (I've had it twice, stage four.) We have dealt with far worse, in a far better manner. But a woman losing a pregnancy is a sad situation and everything else aside, my heart goes out to any woman who deals with this. I love the snark as much as the rest of you, but these are some low blows here.

Edited by Aim123
Additional info
  • Love 8
(edited)

My 2 cents is that she probably really did have a miscarriage.   However, writing a piece for a national publication about it, as if she was the one and only woman on earth to experience this, and whining about her stressful job,blah blah blah was self-serving and frankly disgusting.   Puleeze, Nutmeg.   Spare us your snowflake tears.

There was talk several weeks ago about her maybe/possibly leaving the show/being let go.   I think this publicity tour of hers now regarding the miscarriage is designed to gin up sympathy from the public and a way of guilting TPTB into keeping her on, as in "how can you fire the woman who just lost her baby and is grieving like no other woman on earth has ever grieved before?????".    

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

I'm sure Meghan had a miscarriage.

My guess is the NYT or another outlet got wind of it. If it was another outlet, Meghan got ahead of them, in the Times. If it was the Times that got wind of it, when they called her for confirmation, she asked to do her own piece on it.

I feel terrible for her. That's a lot of loss in less than a year.

19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

A lot of you made excellent points. That said, every now and then I defend Meghan. It always feels a bit strange, but here goes...

I've known women who didn't want children, but found out they were pregnant, and grew to be excited about having a baby. They had all the same thoughts Meghan said she had, all the many things she wondered about her baby and all the decisions that she thought she would have to make. Meghan also never said she was 100% against having kids. I think a lot of women want them, but for a number of reasons aren't really sure motherhood is meant for them. What if I would be a bad mother? What if I have to give up the career I love? Will I be stuck in the house for many years? Can I trust my child in the care of another person if I choose to work? What if I'm too old? What if I'm not done being a kid? Is it selfish to bring life in to the world when there are already children out there who need families? Am I giving in to the societal pressure to be a mom? I kind of get Meghan when it comes to this issue. I know Meghan isn't the most likable person in the media, but I don't think she's said or done anything that would lead me to believe she'd lie about something like this. I totally believe that she had a miscarriage and was devastated, and my heart truly goes out to her for that. If she decides she wants to be a mother after all, I pray it happens. I know people who may not like her demeanor on TV may not see her as a mother, but she does seem to really cherish her family, and I think she'd love her child with that same passion.   

Regarding her job, I'm not saying she has it hard the way people juggling multiple jobs do, or that she's performing brain surgery. I know it's a sweet gig in a lot of ways for a woman who really doesn't even have to work at all. I also know she is responsible for a lot of the negativity spewed her way. But I do think being a public figure and speaking about politics every day is stressful. I'm not an heiress, my views are more in line with the liberal news outlets, and I still wouldn't do it for all the money in the world. 

I agree with everything you said, @RealHousewife. Thank you for putting it so well.

18 hours ago, bannana said:

Oh yeah, I absolutely knew I was pregnant.  It is different from anything else.  Bigger boobs that are also painful.  Etc.  

I miscarried, and I didn't write an op-ed in the NYT.  Because it is a sad, but normal, thing that happens to women. Yes, I grieved.  And I never ever thought that I should share that with the world and talk about my "rock strewn wasteland" or whatever the fuck she said.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Bannana.

I think Meghan's "rock strewn wasteland" was her way of acknowledging that she hasn't taken good care of herself (in general) and that was one of the ways in which she blamed herself for her miscarriage.  At least that's how I read it.

I also think she should have chosen a word other than "taboo." I think she meant a lot of people don't discuss the grief they feel when they miscarry.

As usual, Meghan is her own worst enemy. She was trying to sound erudite and just ended up sounding like she was pulling things from her ass. 

Still, I feel very sorry for her.

• Love 6