Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, bannana said:

Elle Interview with NutMeg

This is an interesting note from the interview (you should read it):  “The audience [of The View] boos me,” McCain says when I ask her to elaborate on feeling 'controversial.' “It’s a very liberal audience in the studio, and they’re very vocal." 

Hmmmm.  I don't recall any booing of Ana?  Did I miss Abby's boos?

• LOL 6
  • Love 14

PR/Marketing pro here. RBM's PR team is most definitely pushing hard for her with all of these pieces. At first I was thinking it was just a hard push for some positive buzz that would encourage ABC to resign her. With the way she handled herself with Rep Schiff on today's show and with Beto the other day (where she got her ass handed to her both times) I'm thinking she's trying to market herself to another network. 

I ran across yet another article about her shenanigans. 

EXCLUSIVE: 'It's never been this bad.' Morale at The View is more 'toxic' than ever with Meghan McCain being 'root of it all, as she accuses co-hosts of leaking negative stories about her and caused Hot Topics meetings to be cancelled'

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Marigny said:

PR/Marketing pro here. RBM's PR team is most definitely pushing hard for her with all of these pieces. At first I was thinking it was just a hard push for some positive buzz that would encourage ABC to resign her. With the way she handled herself with Rep Schiff on today's show and with Beto the other day (where she got her ass handed to her both times) I'm thinking she's trying to market herself to another network. 

EXCLUSIVE: 'It's never been this bad.' Morale at The View is more 'toxic' than ever with Meghan McCain being 'root of it all, as she accuses co-hosts of leaking negative stories about her and caused Hot Topics meetings to be cancelled'

We'll know sooner or later her fate on the show 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Marigny said:

So the queen doesn't want Ana there full time, and they get boring Abby instead? A beloved make up artist on the show likes an anti-Meghan post, and the queen wants off with her head. I hope the queen is happy with what she's done to a show that's been on over 20 years.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

This is the Twitter post the author of the Elle interview made to promote it....

If I saw that photo without knowing who it was, it might take me a minute to figure out it was Meghan.  

also in the Elle article was this photo -  am I the only one who thinks of a court jester in a dress?  elle-meghan-mccain-by-celeste-sloman-3-1561745527.thumb.jpg.aad9f03f1663fb3511378498ca45c00f.jpg

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

If I saw that photo without knowing who it was, it might take me a minute to figure out it was Meghan.  

also in the Elle article was this photo -  am I the only one who thinks of a court jester in a dress?  elle-meghan-mccain-by-celeste-sloman-3-1561745527.thumb.jpg.aad9f03f1663fb3511378498ca45c00f.jpg

She's definitely trying to come across as a softer, kinder, misunderstood Meghan. I'm not buying what she's selling though. 

• Love 21

"Meanwhile, McCain is currently feuding with Hostin after DailyMail.com revealed she had called the show's executive producer Brian Teta a 'motherf***er' during the commercial break in front of the studio audience.

The article angered the former Fox News pundit and she reignited a year-and-a-half old feud with Hostin, who she blamed for the story getting out.

When McCain first joined The View, she and Hostin had serious tension and got into several heated on-air spats. McCain even tried to quit The View at least three times in her first 30 days, DailyMail.com previously reported. 

McCain accused Hostin of leaking stories to the media. Sources with knowledge of the situation said both hosts' agents got involved and network executives had to mediate the situation."

I didn't know/realize/think that Meghan and Sunny had a "year and a half old feud".  Didn't Meghan say they went out drinking together??

• Love 9

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

"Meanwhile, McCain is currently feuding with Hostin after DailyMail.com revealed she had called the show's executive producer Brian Teta a 'motherf***er' during the commercial break in front of the studio audience.

The article angered the former Fox News pundit and she reignited a year-and-a-half old feud with Hostin, who she blamed for the story getting out.

When McCain first joined The View, she and Hostin had serious tension and got into several heated on-air spats. McCain even tried to quit The View at least three times in her first 30 days, DailyMail.com previously reported. 

McCain accused Hostin of leaking stories to the media. Sources with knowledge of the situation said both hosts' agents got involved and network executives had to mediate the situation."

I didn't know/realize/think that Meghan and Sunny had a "year and a half old feud".  Didn't Meghan say they went out drinking together??

She sure did. I also recall her talking about going out to lunch with her after the show several times. 

• Love 1

I don't think that article meant that that the feud has gone on that long, but that it has been 1 1/2 years since she last feuded with Sunny.

I wasn't watching the show when MM first came on and now sort of want to watch her first month there to see if there is tension.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Sunny and Whoopi are the two who most reached out to McCain, imo—and for the longest. She was pretty much a bitch to Joy and Ana from the word go, so naturally they never attempted to be nice to her, but if even Sunny and Whoopi are pissed at her, surely she isn’t going to last long. I'm sure even Abby would hate her guts if she hadn't been on leave the past 4 months or so. That DailyMail article made me laugh because of the blatantly false interjections from an ABC spokesperson throughout, who sounded as if they were one of McCain's sycophants. Hopefully Whoopi, Joy, Sunny, Ana, and the producer she cursed out are all working together to get the asshole fired. Nobody is irreplaceable.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sunny and Whoopi are the two who most reached out to McCain, imo—and for the longest. She was pretty much a bitch to Joy and Ana from the word go, so naturally they never attempted to be nice to her, but if even Sunny and Whoopi are pissed at her, surely she isn’t going to last long. I'm sure even Abby would hate her guts if she hadn't been on leave the past 4 months or so. That DailyMail article made me laugh because of the blatantly false interjections from an ABC spokesperson throughout, who sounded as if they were one of McCain's sycophants. Hopefully Whoopi, Joy, Sunny, Ana, and the producer she cursed out are all working together to get the asshole fired. Nobody is irreplaceable.

There was an article (maybe an earlier Daily Mail article) that said one of the head honchos at ABC was enamored of Meghan and that's why she rules the roost.  She knows she won't be fired.  If this is true, we're screwed.  

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan sees anyone who disagrees with her as an enemy.  Where have I heard that before?

In Meghan's mind if you disagree with her you are just a hater.  You hate her and no matter what she says you will always hate her.  When Seth Meyers tried to have a conversation with her about things she had said  she probably wanted to scream fake news.  But that is the thing about Meghan.  You don't have to make anything up to make her look bad because she makes herself look bad all on her own.

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

That Elle article was...something. She was "asleep" when her husband trashed Seth on Twitter. Okay. Sure, Jan.

I've realized something: Megan is the Marge Simpson of The View. They both simper around acting like they're nice open minded people but but get all passively aggressively bitchy when they get offended over even the smallest things. And then they turn around and play the victim acting like everyone else is to blame for crapping all over their hopes and dreams  without every questioning their own shortcomings. And they act like it's more important for everyone to act as nice as pie to each other without swearing than standing up for what's truly right and wrong. The only difference is more people call NutMeg on her crap -- the Simpsons viewers and writers have been enabling Marge for years.

There is NOTHING that is passive aggressive about Her Twatness. She is in EVERYONE'S face and gets offended by every damn thing. She has NEVER been nice or open minded about anything. AT ALL. And she's ALWAYS playing the victim. Never turns around to play one. According to her, it's so "EXHAUSTING" to do what she does. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

So the queen doesn't want Ana there full time, and they get boring Abby instead? A beloved make up artist on the show likes an anti-Meghan post, and the queen wants off with her head. I hope the queen is happy with what she's done to a show that's been on over 20 years.

I wonder if Meghan is behind the recent lack of guest co-hosts. I liked that The View occasionally brought new energy in. Sometimes--like now--the regulars get into a rut, and their opinions become extremely predictable.  However, I don't think Abby was ever a guest host before casting,  and her seat doesn't have guests either, it seems.

As for the makeup artist (Karen?), the post she liked was critical of Meghan's rudeness towards Joy--so it was based on Meghan's own actions. It's not like she approved of something gratuitously mean or gossipy. Karen was ever-so-slightly put out over the mistreatment of her longtime co-worker. That is NOT a fireable offense, in my opinion. Meghan's desire to end Karen's career (how easy is it to get a steady beauty job in media? in NYC? for a talk show that's been on for 20 years on a major network?) over this "like" shows Meghan's vanity and pettiness.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

As for the makeup artist (Karen?), the post she liked was critical of Meghan's rudeness towards Joy--so it was based on Meghan's own actions. It's not like she approved of something gratuitously mean or gossipy. Karen was ever-so-slightly put out over the mistreatment of her longtime co-worker. That is NOT a fireable offense, in my opinion. Meghan's desire to end Karen's career (how easy is it to get a steady beauty job in media? in NYC? for a talk show that's been on for 20 years on a major network?) over this "like" shows Meghan's vanity and pettiness.

Meghan has a you are either with me or you are against me type of attitude. She wants absolute loyalty.  In her warped mind she thinks Karen should be loyal to her. Not the co hosts she has known for several years.

• Love 10

Was that Elle article supposed to be sympathetic? So much shade. Meghan, this is how you successfully fillet someone. 

Kinda sad that Meghan has to give herself those kind of pep talks constantly: "I'm strong. I'm a big girl, I can take it," etc. She really isn't cut out for this work. I wish she realized that it's ok to go do something else that might make her happier. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There is NOTHING that is passive aggressive about Her Twatness. She is in EVERYONE'S face and gets offended by every damn thing. She has NEVER been nice or open minded about anything. AT ALL. And she's ALWAYS playing the victim. Never turns around to play one. According to her, it's so "EXHAUSTING" to do what she does. 

Fair point.  But my point stands that she and Marge Simpson are both twats.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

There was an article (maybe an earlier Daily Mail article) that said one of the head honchos at ABC was enamored of Meghan and that's why she rules the roost.  She knows she won't be fired.  If this is true, we're screwed.  

Not necessarily.  If everyone who was displeased with her stopped watching, even for a little while, it would send a message.  The show is what it is because of us.  They live and die by ratings and sponsors.  Do they really want to keep poking the bear?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

He actually did something with his life other than be a squealing asshole.  

Natalie68, this sentence cracked me up.  I can't help but picture how various genius artists (especially those on Cartoon Network) would animate your last two words.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Natalie68, this sentence cracked me up.  I can't help but picture how various genius artists (especially those on Cartoon Network) would animate your last two words.

Why thank you!!!

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

Kinda sad that Meghan has to give herself those kind of pep talks constantly: "I'm strong. I'm a big girl, I can take it," etc. She really isn't cut out for this work.

• LOL 15
11 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Hopefully Whoopi, Joy, Sunny, Ana, and the producer she cursed out are all working together to get the asshole fired.

That toady producer*?  That weakling?  That sycophant?  Don't count on him.

*MY producer, Brian.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Marigny said:

also in the Elle article was this photo -  am I the only one who thinks of a court jester in a dress?  

That's one thought.  My first thought was that I'd never seen her in anything that fit so well or looked so good on her.

• Love 3

Driving into work this morning, I was listening to Stephanie Miller - Chicago progressive radio 820 -  and she was doing a whole segment on Meghan McCain.  it was a riot.   She talked about how Meghan regretted saying that she hated Hillary, but it was because she had been drinking the night before.    everyone on the radio show agreed that if THAT is you excuse for bad behavior, then you have a drinking problem. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Marigny said:

PR/Marketing pro here. RBM's PR team is most definitely pushing hard for her with all of these pieces.

The Phoenix paper has a narrow/long column of various leaders'/celebrities' Tweets.  Meghan's are almost always featured.  They probably have an unlimited McCain budget (within reason because it is a family business) to ferret out "Meghan news" and place it anywhere/everywhere.

15 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I hope the queen is happy with what she's done to a show that's been on over 20 years.

Surely she is.  She cares nothing about history or tradition (or others) unless it relates specifically to her because she's pathologically self-centered--and truly unteachable.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Fair point.  But my point stands that she and Marge Simpson are both twats.

Well of course. I wasn't disagreeing about Marge; just about Her Twatness, Meghan "I'm John McCain's DAUGHTER, DAMMIT!!" McCain.

• Love 6

I can’t get over how many best friends she has. Someone linked a tweet about a Josh being her besti and I’d never once hear a Josh named on the show. Turns out it is someone who was at some point her hairdresser.  Today her best friend is her sister in law. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I can’t get over how many best friends she has. Someone linked a tweet about a Josh being her besti and I’d never once hear a Josh named on the show. Turns out it is someone who was at some point her hairdresser.  Today her best friend is her sister in law. 

I'm sensing a pattern here.  So her friends are family and people paid to do things for her.  Sounds legit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well of course. I wasn't disagreeing about Marge; just about Her Twatness, Meghan "I'm John McCain's DAUGHTER, DAMMIT!!" McCain.

She just might be one of the four twats of the apocalypse. I'd say what the other three are, but I don't want to get deleted -- hint: they're all blonde Trumpettes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

She's got a few photos of herself with this Josh guy scattered throughout her Instagram where she refers to him as her "ride or die."  It looks like he's known her for years.  Of course, she's referred to her husband, her friend Clay Aiken, and a few others as her ride or die.  Apparently, she has a lot of besties who are all her ride or die.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I wonder if Meghan is behind the recent lack of guest co-hosts. I liked that The View occasionally brought new energy in. Sometimes--like now--the regulars get into a rut, and their opinions become extremely predictable.  However, I don't think Abby was ever a guest host before casting,  and her seat doesn't have guests either, it seems.

She's probably not for any conservative guest hosts who are not one of her friends because she perceives them as auditioning to take her spot. She's that insecure. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Was that Elle article supposed to be sympathetic? So much shade. Meghan, this is how you successfully fillet someone. 

Kinda sad that Meghan has to give herself those kind of pep talks constantly: "I'm strong. I'm a big girl, I can take it," etc. She really isn't cut out for this work. I wish she realized that it's ok to go do something else that might make her happier. 

Do you really think she knows what would make her happy? Her entire existence has rested on the tribalism of political party affiliation and her father's name. I don't think she knows who she is as an individual let alone what her life's purpose is. 

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Not necessarily.  If everyone who was displeased with her stopped watching, even for a little while, it would send a message.  The show is what it is because of us.  They live and die by ratings and sponsors.  Do they really want to keep poking the bear?

And this is why I stopped watching on TV and started catching it on random YouTube channels. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Marigny said:

Do you really think she knows what would make her happy? Her entire existence has rested on the tribalism of political party affiliation and her father's name. I don't think she knows who she is as an individual let alone what her life's purpose is. 

And this is why I stopped watching on TV and started catching it on random YouTube channels. 

Me too.  I get the highlights here and it can direct me to twitter with other info.  

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Marigny said:

🙌 💯    Perfectly said, perfectly described.  Just perfect.

(Can you tell how much I love this post?????) 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Marigny said:

She's probably not for any conservative guest hosts who are not one of her friends because she perceives them as auditioning to take her spot. She's that insecure.

Additionallly, she KNOWS most will be more personable and informed than she will ever be.  Even if they're not "auditioning," they'll show her up as small potatoes.  Plus, how many in the same business are her "ride and die friends"?  Only those who want to ride her coattails...temporarily.

21 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Apparently, she has a lot of besties who are all her ride or die.

Maybe she made them sign contracts and they know what their fates would be.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 6:29 PM, Ladyrain said:

I'd be interested to know now what MM's opinions are of the states that are (or want to) making laws to make miscarriages practically murder by the mother - who can possibly be charged with a crime after losing the fetus!    I'd really really like to know what she has to say about all this.

Especially after she said that it was her fault, probably due to her love of booze & cigars.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

I just had an image in my head of Meghan being the subject of a Broadway show. And her being humiliated while Sunny, Joy and company laugh at her on opening night. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4