Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

That book review of Dirty, Sexy Politics was SAVAGE! My favorite thing about it is that the critiques are all things that we have called out on here. Apparently, she hasn't changed much over the years. 

From the last paragraph:

"On the whole, I am simply not a talented enough writer to express how truly horrible this book was. The last line of the book implores readers not to let Meghan “pick up this torch alone.” I can honestly say that I was encouraged throughout to pick up a torch in order to burn my copy of Dirty, Sexy Politics, even though I was reading it on a Kindle. There is no reason that anyone who is not getting paid to review this book should ever, ever spend money on it." - Leon H. Wolf, 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Well, does this wedding pic look less trashy?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbzp8uuBSGx/

A flag as part of her wedding decor? Of course.  Her love of the American flag is quite obsessive.  Just what exactly does she love so much?  She doesn't seem too  happy with our government.  She doesn't seem happy with this country's citizens. Just the ones in red states. She worships our troops and veterans but has never felt compelled to serve herself. I think she just likes the symbols. The flags and the monuments. Once again I have to say about Meghan. She is all about optics and no substance.  She thinks if she cloaks herself in the flag then she is a good American.  But what has she done to make this country better?

12 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

That book review of Dirty, Sexy Politics was SAVAGE! My favorite thing about it is that the critiques are all things that we have called out on here. Apparently, she hasn't changed much over the years. 

From the last paragraph:

Meghan has gotten a pretty cushy ride so far in life and it's all due to her name and money.  Take that away from her and she would probably be married to some blue collar guy asking to speak to the manager at some fast food restaurant because they got her order wrong.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

A flag as part of her wedding decor? Of course.  Her love of the American flag is quite obsessive.  Just what exactly does she love so much?  She doesn't seem too  happy with our government.  She doesn't seem happy with this country's citizens. Just the ones in red states. She worships our troops and veterans but has never felt compelled to serve herself. I think she just likes the symbols. The flags and the monuments. Once again I have to say about Meghan. She is all about optics and no substance.  She thinks if she cloaks herself in the flag then she is a good American.  But what has she done to make this country better?

Meghan has gotten a pretty cushy ride so far in life and it's all due to her name and money.  Take that away from her and she would probably be married to some blue collar guy asking to speak to the manager at some fast food restaurant because they got her order wrong.

That food order would be at Chick-Fil-A. I can picture it. She would be demanding to know what caliber gun was used to kill said chick that was fileted. When she eventually learns that they did not use a gun, she then demands to see the manager. She goes on to complain that there were no flag toilet paper rolls in the bathroom. And scene!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Writer/producer of "The Mindy Project", David Stassen, tweeted "Who in the fuck is going to buy this shit?" in discussion about Meggy's book.  Meggy felt it would be appropriate to @ Mindy Kaling into the whole discussion, when it had absolutely nothing to do with her.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/08/05/meghan-mccain-rips-mindy-project-producer-cruel-tweet-mindy-kaling/1919949001/

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think she just likes the symbols. The flags and the monuments. Once again I have to say about Meghan. She is all about optics and no substance. 

The flag and other symbols are just so much eeeeeeeezzzzzzier for our little princess to comprehend.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 8/3/2019 at 11:56 AM, bannana said:

Here is the tweet in question.  MeAgain has dragged Mindy Kaling into this because she works with the guy.  ❄️🙄

He has deleted the tweet.

Thanks for his name!  I now have someone new to follow!  I am just sad he deleted it.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Thanks for his name!  I now have someone new to follow!  I am just sad he deleted it.

Me too.  I thought it was hilarious but MeAgain thought it was cruel!  ❄️

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't Tweet or Instagram.  I hope he gets lots of followers from this little episode...and people tell him how/why they found him.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I speak as someone who lost both of my parents and it is sad and yes I have (and will have) tough moments.  THAT SAID, she is veering into an unhealthy territory.  Her father would probably want her to be able to let go of some of the horrible grief and move on rather than dwelling in it day in and out.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Everyone is going to die. It is the end of life and can represent relief from pain.

Would she had rather he continued to live with cancer?  Even without the cancer he was an old man. Meghan is just selfish.  My dad died at 51.  He was cheated by death.  Meghan's dad wasn't.

• Love 18

I don’t mind so much that she grieves her father so publicly. It’s tough losing a parent, no matter how old you are or how old they are, especially that first year. And since any type of cancer is a beast, watching your loved one literally waste away has to be torture. She does act like she is the only person who’s ever grieved in life, and I don’t know where she gets this idea that grieving a loved one’s death is taboo...but I give her a pass for the first year or so when it comes to mourning him.

17 hours ago, TheView said:

Meghan was totally different then 

THIS is the Meghan McCain I thought we were going to get when she signed on to do the View. Not dressing like a hausfraus with a permascowl waiting to bite off someone’s head for looking at her, while spouting Republican talking points. Willing to call out her party for their BS and able to articulate her thoughts clearly without screeching. I don’t know who that lump of anger that sits at the table now is, but it’s a far cry from the woman in this video.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Our culture avoids reminders of death??  Cemeteries, memorials, funerals.  People placing plaques "in memory of" on public buildings, media announcing deaths of anyone remotely  famous, people having photos and scrapbooks of their family members who died, the shrines people place in a spot where someone was killed in an accident, 

I don't know about your area, but it's VERY common here on the back windows of cars/pickup trucks, a "memorial" for a deceased family member--even celebrities.  They're "rear window tributes" or "memorial decals."  Here's an odd one.  Did she love dolphins or WAS she a dolphin?

MemorialDecal.jpg

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, OnTime said:

Oh, here we go!

"Our culture avoids any and all reminders of death and mortality - it’s still one of the ultimate taboos."

What does this mean?

It means she reads the tweets and the comments section and knows people are calling her out on using his death as a crutch. As my grandma says, "Hit dogs holler."

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Would she had rather he continued to live with cancer?  Even without the cancer he was an old man. Meghan is just selfish.  My dad died at 51.  He was cheated by death.  Meghan's dad wasn't.

My mom died at 57 with school-aged children still at home. Meghan can fuck all the way off as far as I'm concerned. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Marigny said:

My mom died at 57 with school-aged children still at home. Meghan can fuck all the way off as far as I'm concerned. 

I agree.  My favorite aunt died of leukemia within weeks of the diagnosis.  She had NINE kids, most of whom were still at home.  My fabulous uncle hadn't been in a grocery store or even purchased his own clothes (shoes!) for 20 years.  We all had to pitch in and help while grief-stricken, MEGHAN!!!

7 hours ago, Marigny said:

Translation: No one was willing to give her an actual book deal, so she's going with a super-sized podcast instead.

I like this idea...and she wouldn't do a "regular" podcast because that requires long-term dedication.

• Love 13

I didn't realize that talking about a deceased family member was taboo 😞   I better apologize to my friends for mentioning my mother (who died almost two years ago) and my father (who died four months ago) in casual conversation IF it was appropriate or relevant.  

Her father was over 80 years old.  I realize that losing a parent is difficult but they had a life - and her father apparently had enough money, healthcare, time to say good-bye and plan.  A friend of mine was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.  The doctor told him that he has  six to eight months at the outside three years to live.  He has four kids.  He is worried about being fired due to so many trips to the doctor/hospital, he is worried about his four children and wife, he is worried about his family losing their home when he dies.  MM, tell me again how difficult it is for you??

• Love 14

Has she ever mentioned therapy or is that not for tough bourbon drinking kick ass women? It was so very helpful to me with my husband’s death and “group”  with my mothers death.  I was lucky that I’d been in a caregivers group In addition to  one on one therapy at the local cancer center.  The caregivers was replaced by a grief group. You are in a group of people who lost  their loved ones about the same time you did.  It was very hard because family was 4 hours away and being at home was difficult at times  . I do know that some are not comfortable when you talk about your loved one after a time but thankful for the few who aren’t and support your need to keep their memory alive. There really shouldn’t be a need to do it publicly and bitch that grief is taboo. It really rubs  me the wrong way because she couldn’t go home for a year— has she even done that yet?  No support for her mother who was left in their home to deal with those painful memories.  Because it was too hard on her? What a spoiled entitled angry brat. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Has she ever mentioned therapy or is that not for tough bourbon drinking kick ass women? It was so very helpful to me with my husband’s death and “group”  with my mothers death.  I was lucky that I’d been in a caregivers group In addition to  one on one therapy at the local cancer center.  The caregivers was replaced by a grief group. You are in a group of people who lost  their loved ones about the same time you did.  It was very hard because family was 4 hours away and being at home was difficult at times  . I do know that some are not comfortable when you talk about your loved one after a time but thankful for the few who aren’t and support your need to keep their memory alive. There really shouldn’t be a need to do it publicly and bitch that grief is taboo. It really rubs  me the wrong way because she couldn’t go home for a year— has she even done that yet?  No support for her mother who was left in their home to deal with those painful memories.  Because it was too hard on her? What a spoiled entitled angry brat. 

She did briefly mention getting therapy in an interview. I don't think it worked.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, TheView said:

I’m just having flashes in my head of how crazy Meg would’ve gotten if Elisabeth had agreed to take Sara’s seat instead of Abby. Yikes. 

Nutmeg and Elizabitch together? 

OMG, they would kill each other trying to outdo the faux-patriotism with superficial displays of flag fashion and parroting their man's notes (Nutmeg's hubbie and Bitsy's SweatyGeddie). 

It wd be fun to watch for one show. Then they can fuck right off to Fox....oh wait Fox didn't want them either.  Lol.

Nutmeg will be laughed at wearing her brand new flag boots in Wyoming. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Nutmeg and Elizabitch together? 

OMG, they would kill each other trying to outdo the faux-patriotism with superficial displays of flag fashion and parroting their man's notes (Nutmeg's hubbie and Bitsy's SweatyGeddie). 

It wd be fun to watch for one show. Then they can fuck right off to Fox....oh wait Fox didn't want them either.  Lol.

We dodged a bullet there. It would’ve been a disastrous combo. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Tosia said:

Not in the right neighborhoods.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:47 AM, blondiec0332 said:

Death and grief aren't taboo.

Meghan should write another book about all life's "taboos," like death, grief, miscarriage...and?

• Love 2
On 8/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, athousandclowns said:

Has she ever mentioned therapy or is that not for tough bourbon drinking kick ass women? It was so very helpful to me with my husband’s death and “group”  with my mothers death.  I was lucky that I’d been in a caregivers group In addition to  one on one therapy at the local cancer center.

I hope I haven't told this story here--about grief.  My good friend was a housewife and occasionally she helped her teenage daughter work at banquet events at the Holiday Inn.  Occasional (very) banquet waitress was the only job she held. One evening when she was registering for some program at the high school, for fun she wrote her occupation as "Actress," and never thought another thing about it.

Several years later her husband died suddenly--massive heart attack--while she was shopping.  She found him in his workshop hours later.  She didn't do well at all but "knew" grief support was not for her.  A few of us talked her into it and one friend went to her first group session.   People sat in a circle and introduced themselves.  When she said, "I'm Virginia," another woman said, "Aren't you that actress???"

• LOL 8

Seriously, if MeAgain doesn't want to be ridiculed, then she shouldn't post pics like this with idiotic statements like:  You keep me safe ~ I'll keep you wild. WTAF?

She looks good here and it proves that the wardrobe people at The View really hate her.

• Love 6

I think MeAgain is drinking the bourbon.  She tweeted a ridiculous statement about vegan Cory Booker and how she likes her politicians gnawing on a turkey leg.  She got a lot of blow back, and she chose to engage with the twitterverse.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, bannana said:

I think MeAgain is drinking the bourbon.  She tweeted a ridiculous statement about vegan Cory Booker and how she likes her politicians gnawing on a turkey leg.  She got a lot of blow back, and she chose to engage with the twitterverse.

There she goes playing to her own weird caricature of what a salt of the earth conservative is supposed to be. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Marigny said:

There she goes playing to her own weird caricature of what a salt of the earth conservative is supposed to be. 

And it is weird because she cares so much about life, and unborn life.  There are many people who feel very strongly about animals and do not accept that people eat animals as food, because of the cruelty, or because of the concept.  There is much more to this than I can go into right now,  but how can someone who is so wrenched by the loss of a fetus not even remotely understand that there are people who cannot fathom that we as a society are okay with eating animals?

I am not a vegetarian or vegan, but many people around me are and I understand their perspective.  It is as abhorrent to them that we grow and then harvest animals, as much as it is to MeAgain that we allow women the choice about their own bodies.

So in MeAgain's world it is okay to shoot squirrels whilst drunk and to mock vegans for their choices.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Hmmmm I have to ask if she would really like that. I am an omnivore, but I would really feel contempt if noted vegan Cory Booker chowed down on meat just to get votes. I'm pretty sure that if he did, Meghan would be among the first to talk about Booker's fakeness.

• Love 6

Does Meghan really think no vegans can enjoy going to a state fair?  There are other things than meat to eat at a state fair. And who says someone even presidential candidates have to eat something? 

So if she thinks Wyoming is God's country does that mean all of us living elsewhere aren't living in God's country?  

There is nothing genuine about her.  It's like she is auditioning to play the role of middle of America conservative in some local theater play.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

I can't recall that we ever searched for "meat" at the state fair.  We wanted to try some favorites and the oddities:  Mexican street corn, churros, funnel cakes,  Indian fry bread, caramel corn, deep-fried: pickles - Oreos - mac/cheese - candy bars...and so much more.  Vegetarian heaven, I'd bet.

In one of those posting photos above, we could click and see several pictures.  Her boots are cute (not the flag ones) but SHE's the one wearing the backpack...not the guy keeping her safe.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I can't recall that we ever searched for "meat" at the state fair.

You can bet the Iowa state fair is chock full of pork products. The IN one is. (Coincidentally I was just watching a reporter talking to Lance Bass at the fair, suggesting he try some meat thing and he had to decline saying he was a vegetarian, but he’d try the corn.)

• Love 6