Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

There was talk several weeks ago about her maybe/possibly leaving the show/being let go.   I think this publicity tour of hers now regarding the miscarriage is designed to gin up sympathy from the public and a way of guilting TPTB into keeping her on, as in "how can you fire the woman who just lost her baby and is grieving like no other woman on earth has ever grieved before?????".    

This is exactly what I think.  And as "the kids these days say," sorry--not sorry.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Hey, Meghan's (and her mom's) agent/talent agency! Have an opening for a proofreader?  This quote is on the above-cited webpage--no associated name.

"She was an honor and an inspiration to have. I have seen count countless lectures, and I have not had that big of a smile on my face in a while. More importantly, it's clear the rest of the audience agreed."

University of Florida ACCENT Speaker's Bureau

Meghan's photo is BEAUTIFUL.

• LOL 2

I'd write it like this:  

"She was an honor and an inspiration. to have. I have seen count attended countless lectures, and  have not had that such a big of a smile on my face in a while quite awhile. More importantly, It's clear the rest of the audience agreed."

Mrs. Cornelius Cornelius XXIV

University of Florida ACCENT Speaker's Bureau

• Love 7

I hope to god they're not all fawning over her at the table over this.   I will seriously lose it if that happens.    It wouldn't surprise me if Joy, Sunny, Whoopie each had miscarriages in their lives, and we've not heard of them.  But since Nutty has lived such a pampered, insulated, privileged life, when something bad happens she thinks she's the only one to suffer like that.   She has NO idea how the rest of the world lives (nor does she care), and if the panel starts treating her like the special snowflake she imagines herself to be, it will be channel-changing time.

• Love 21

If Joy, Sunny or Whoopi had miscarriages, I bet they didn't have them while they were grieving for their sainted father, who died less than a year before from the worst cancer that ever cancered! So of course Meghan's loss is the WORST.

I'm hoping they don't discuss it at all, but suspect they will, and I'm wondering if that means Sunny will be forced to break the freeze-out to acknowledge Meghan and express her condolences. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Joy had an ectopic pregnancy and I believe she almost died.  She has spoken about it on numerous occasions, when it was appropriate and added to the topic at hand.  Beat that one NutMeg!

Unfortunately, I think today's show is going to be off the charts as far as giving her the attention and sympathy she so desperately craves.  As I mentioned the other day, I think Sunny is going to be forced to acknowledge her loss and it may very well lead to a reconciliation.  Tomorrow we may hear they all went out for drinks and lunch (except for Whoopi).

I seem to recall Ana mentioning recently that she, too, had suffered a miscarriage in the past.  I don't think she gave any details but I remember being surprised to hear her mention it on air.

Edited by Badbea99
Just remembered Ana's mentioning a miscarriage in her past
  • Love 12
On 7/19/2019 at 4:24 PM, falltime said:

So she miscarried in April. She was gone April 25 and 26 based on tweets I made.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:30 AM, FairyDusted said:

It’s not so much that I am saying it didn’t happen but this was April? Since then she has lost her mind and called Joy a bitch just to name one screwy asshole display. Seems gross to use such a loss to counter all the latest bullshit going around. 

On the other hand this is Meghan we are talking about. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I doubt it was April.

The web version of that New York Times feature on The View is dated May 22nd. The print issue was May 26th. Features have lead-time, but I doubt it was a month's lead time. 

On 7/19/2019 at 7:53 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Here's the article:

A few weeks ago, I was part of the photo shoot for The New York Times Magazine’s cover story about ABC’s “The View.” It should have been a moment of triumph — a vindication of the show’s significance as a place at the center of political debate, a ratings boom, a must for the top tier of presidential candidates. I should have been proud. I knew my father would have been proud.

I look back at those pictures now, and I see a woman hiding her shock and sorrow. I am posed for the camera, looking stern and strong, representing my fellow conservative women across the country. But inside, I am dying. Inside, my baby is dying.

I knew I was pregnant before I formally knew I was pregnant. My body told me in all the ways women are familiar with. It told me in the same ways that I was miscarrying. The confirmation from my doctor came the day of that photo shoot, at the worst possible time.

I missed a few days of work. It wasn’t many, but given the job I have, it was enough to spark gossip about why I would be away from “The View.”

(I clipped off the rest -- GD)

I think her miscarriage was more likely in May. She's been out more than once in the last few months. I didn't bother going through the weekly threads to figure out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, bella1716 said:

Meghan really is out of touch if she thinks her job is high stressed. Single mothers, mothers working minimum wage, doctors, nurses, lawyers, cops, crippled women whose husbands leave them for their mistresses, all have it worse

Well, Meghan works "one hour" a day but more like 37 minutes live taking out commercials, gets a week off for Easter, 4th of July, the month of August and two weeks at Christmas. Adding on her extended bereavement leave.

Yeah, she has a high stress job!

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

I hope you don't take this as rude as it's not intended to be (hard to get tone right on message boards, I find) but my first response to this statement would be: "And?" Meghan is part of the 1% who would have absolutely zero compunction after the removal of rights for the rest of us, just so she could stay wealthy. She's said things time after time on The View and elsewhere that have made it very clear she is a horrifically entitled brat who cares very little about anyone else who may be suffering, unless she can tie it into herself. There is video after video after video online of all the awful things she's said and the awful behaviour she's shown. If given any sort of real power she would be dangerous for other women.

Which gets me thinking more broadly:

Fellow women can be evil just like men. If we have to reign in speaking the truth just because someone is a woman, or because they use emotive issues like fathers' deaths and miscarriages to avert criticism, then we are doing the work of these horrible people for them. They know they can rely on our good natures time and again, which is why they do this. If Meghan is still getting criticised after this story has come out, it's her own fault for being such a c***. I don't think she's lying, but I do think it's not out of the realm of possibility to think she's cunningly using this story for her own ends. She's shown us before that this is the type of person she is, she doesn't deserve credit, especially when she never gives it out in return. As the old saying goes: "Fool me once..."

I know people in my real life who've also been through horrendous things (including miscarriages and parents' deaths). I'm talking "raped by a priest at 5 years old", "whole family shot by the Khmer Rouge" - stories like that. Do you know what unites these people? They are extraordinarily kind. They went through horrific situations and they never want other people to feel even a smidgen of what they have felt in their life because they know what it is to suffer. People like Meghan use their suffering against others. This is a sign of a fault in their own personalities, not something excused by their suffering.

In fairness, I don't think the poster was saying that Meghan's handling of this was off-limits to criticism because she's a woman. They were specifically referencing comments about Meghan lying about having a miscarriage and being dishonest about the experience in order to gain public attention. This is specifically what I think the poster felt was crossing the line and felt that as a woman, there are some parts of her experience that should be respected and received...like the fact that it happened. Personally, I don't feel comfortable saying that she's lying. I'd like to believe anyone who claims to have gone through such an experience (unless evidence suggests that their story doesn't line up) but I also don't think it's crossing the line to question Meghan's intentions in releasing this information in the way she did and the timing of it as well...but questioning that doesn't take away from I'm sure was a difficult time for her to go through.

• Love 4

Meghan's PR team is working overtime. Think of all the things we've learned of Meghan in less than a month 

Married to some  family that has brown people in it.

Had a miscarriage 

Is incredibly stressed at her Job feels like a caged animal.  Would love to stay if only things would change.

Maybe her job was in trouble. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

They went through horrific situations and they never want other people to feel even a smidgen of what they have felt in their life because they know what it is to suffer. People like Meghan use their suffering against others. This is a sign of a fault in their own personalities, not something excused by their suffering.

This a thousand times Suziesioux.  Maybe a million times. I could not figure out why I've turned into such a hard-hearted person when it comes MM and others  of late. Your comment will save me thousands in therapy bills. Thank you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
12 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Do you know what unites these people? They are extraordinarily kind. They went through horrific situations and they never want other people to feel even a smidgen of what they have felt in their life because they know what it is to suffer. People like Meghan use their suffering against others. This is a sign of a fault in their own personalities, not something excused by their suffering.

This exactly, and she put herself there.

• Love 16
(edited)

Miscarriage NEWS on the Local (Phoenix) newscast.  I watched only one newscast last night (5pm), but like most large metro areas, we have several channels and they have many broadcasts throughout the day and night.  This sad news mayhave been broadcast often.

I was surprised* to see two opening "teasers" featuring a video (no sound) of Meghan and a voiceover mentioning her miscarriage.  They made me wait until the end of the program which featured one of the anchors reading mostly from Meghan's published comments while a video of her played.  That "feature" lasted two minutes and five seconds--which isn't short in a news broadcast.

*I have no idea why I was surprised.  I think two other women in Phoenix had a miscarriage around the same time (although the time has remained secret).

Edited by HaaCHOO
a "merge" that's not workable...I'll wait awhile.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She says nothing???

I personally don't think she needs to say anything unless it's relevant to the topic they're discussing or if the show makes her op-ed a discussion (which I think would be unlikely since I imagine they don't want to set a precedent of making the hosts a hot topics discussion based on the news cycle...that opens up a can of worms regarding expectations).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

Well, Meghan works "one hour" a day but more like 37 minutes live taking out commercials, gets a week off for Easter, 4th of July, the month of August and two weeks at Christmas. Adding on her extended bereavement leave.

But, OnTime...what about those HOURRRRRS in hair and make-up?  The additional time choosing something she likes, something that fits, and is from a classy enough designer?  Girl, that adds up to more stress than even a tough-chick pundint can handle. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
Just now, RHJunkie said:

I personally don't think she needs to say anything unless it's relevant to the topic they're discussing or if the show makes her op-ed a discussion (which I think would be unlikely since I imagine they don't want to set a precedent of making the hosts a hot topics discussion based on the news cycle...that opens up a can of worms regarding expectations).

If Barbara and Bill was still there they would have been furious with a co host going elsewhere to break a story.  I think it was bitch move to go to the NYT and then not even address it on the View.  How many people tuned into today specifically to hear if Meghan was going to talk about it?

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Joy had an ectopic pregnancy and I believe she almost died.

And didn't Meghan pooh-pooh Joy's comment at one time or at least talk over it as if it were nothing?

• Love 17
16 hours ago, General Days said:

I'm sure Meghan had a miscarriage.

My guess is the NYT or another outlet got wind of it. If it was another outlet, Meghan got ahead of them, in the Times. If it was the Times that got wind of it, when they called her for confirmation, she asked to do her own piece on it.

I feel terrible for her. That's a lot of loss in less than a year.

I agree with everything you said, @RealHousewife. Thank you for putting it so well.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Bannana.

I think Meghan's "rock strewn wasteland" was her way of acknowledging that she hasn't taken good care of herself (in general) and that was one of the ways in which she blamed herself for her miscarriage.  At least that's how I read it.

I also think she should have chosen a word other than "taboo." I think she meant a lot of people don't discuss the grief they feel when they miscarry.

As usual, Meghan is her own worst enemy. She was trying to sound erudite and just ended up sounding like she was pulling things from her ass. 

Still, I feel very sorry for her.

Aw I tried. 🙂

Meghan frustrates me, but I also feel very sorry for her. I agree with everything you said as well. 🙂

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Joy, Sunny, Whoopie each had miscarriages in their lives, and we've not heard of them. 

Since Whoopi "induced" her own abortion at age 14 and apparently tried all the awful methods she'd heard of, can't you just imagine her facial expressions/body language if Mehgan did pour out her poor little hard heart on the air?  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, General Days said:

I doubt it was April.

The web version of that New York Times feature on The View is dated May 22nd. The print issue was May 26th. Features have lead-time, but I doubt it was a month's lead time. 

I think her miscarriage was more likely in May. She's been out more than once in the last few months. I didn't bother going through the weekly threads to figure out.

Yeah, I could be wrong. She was out on May 10 show. In the articles she says she missed several days of work so I assumed it was April because she missed 2 show, in May just 1.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, bella1716 said:

If she wrote a piece about specific issues in the country regarding miscarriages and women's rights and tied it to her own experience to support her advocacy, it would seem more genuine. But Meghan has never even once shown passion or interest in talking about women's rights/miscarriages. 

T H I S!                     Thank you, Bella1716.  

i love you hearts GIF

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If Barbara and Bill was still there they would have been furious with a co host going elsewhere to break a story.  I think it was bitch move to go to the NYT and then not even address it on the View.  How many people tuned into today specifically to hear if Meghan was going to talk about it?

The sheer fact that Meghan still sits in that seat is proof that ABC doesn't care why you tune in, as long as you do and give them your Neilson rating. Again, I go back to the notion of the show not wanting their hosts to 'be' the news but rather talk about it. I'm an on and off watcher of the show so I don't know how Barbara would have handled Meghan taking her story elsewhere, but I just don't think her story has a place on the show unless it's relevant to a discussion at hand.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I personally don't think she needs to say anything unless it's relevant to the topic they're discussing 

It's never stopped her before.

Meghan can grieve all she wants, for as long as she wants, but it's not what I'm tuning into the View to see.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It's never stopped her before.

Meghan can grieve all she wants, for as long as she wants, but it's not what I'm tuning into the View to see.

No, it hasn't...but that doesn't mean that she NEEDS to address anything.

I understand that she may not be the reason why you tune into The View and I never insinuated as such. I was responding to someone who said that she should have addressed it because there were people who probably tuned in expecting that she would - to which I replied that ABC doesn't care why people tune in. If they get viewership based on people expecting certain news topics and being disappointed, they don't care so long as you stick around long enough to register as a 'viewer' and they earn a rating.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 4:38 PM, falltime said:

if you can't read the nytimes article.,People has quotes from the article.

https://people.com/parents/meghan-mccain-suffered-miscarriage-baby-girl/

NM

On 7/19/2019 at 4:52 PM, suomi said:

At the end of the article she says she pictures her father in the hereafter, holding his granddaughter in his hands - so I guess she was however far along that the gender of the fetus can be determined?

(At 7 weeks via blood test, that much I do know). 

Thank you!  I didn't know that.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 2

I'm assuming she said nothing about the miscarriage.  I see others have said she doesn't HAVE say anything about it,  if she doesn't want to. Of course she doesn't .  But she will. She will not be able to help it.  They will be discussing some topic and Meghan will stop the conversation and say , as you all know I lost a baby.....

I personally don't care if she does and hope she doesn't because I dont want Sunny to break😁. I just know deep in my heart ol'meggie won't be able to stop herself from revealing her greatest pain that most can't understand 🙄.

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I am sorry she had a miscarriage like millions of others daily however I can still think she is a horrible person and this does not make me want to lighten up at all.  

And that's how human beings are...we won't express sympathy as easily for a raving bitch as we will for another stranger we think we'd like as a friend...or at least acquaintenance.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Meghan's "rock strewn wasteland" was her way of acknowledging that she hasn't taken good care of herself (in general) and that was one of the ways in which she blamed herself for her miscarriage.  At least that's how I read it.

Well, she can't have it both ways. 

She always says she is healthy, doesn't care what people think of her size, eats whatever she wants, passes up the salad for the chicken parmesan, drinks Jack Daniels and even smoke cigars while wearing her wedding dress. That is how she rolls and has no problem rolling that way.

So she never noticed her "rock strewn wasteland" before???

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

no one:

not a single soul:

Meghan McCain: I wOuLd jUsT liKE tO sAy, tHeRe's a LOt oF iNfiGhTinG iN tHe DEMoCrrrrrAAAtiiiic pArTy rIgHt noWWW. 

Yea its called calling out your coworkers' damaging bullshit. I know it doesn't happen often to you Meghan. 

This is her new go-to off topic tangent when she doesn't want to criticize racist republicans. 

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Well, she can't have it both ways. 

She always says she is healthy, doesn't care what people think of her size, eats whatever she wants, passes up the salad for the chicken parmesan, drinks Jack Daniels and even smoke cigars while wearing her wedding dress. That is how she rolls and has no problem rolling that way.

So she never noticed her "rock strewn wasteland" before???

I cringe whenever she sort of brags? about eating unhealthy and binge drinking. America is one of if not the most fattest unhealthiest countries right now. Maybe its because I'm a gym addict but idk how you can be proud of not taking care of you're body. ESPECIALLY, when your filthy rich. 

Edited by bella1716
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, bella1716 said:

I cringe whenever she sort of brags? about eating unhealthy and binge drinking. America is one of if not the most fattest unhealthiest countries right now

She is not an unhealthy person.  Wow, here I am defending that bitch.

Yes, she drinks.  But that is a lot of bravado.  If she really drank, her face would be puffy and bad.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, didn't she say she drank her weight while in Vegas only a few weeks ago.  I think there were pics of her with a glass of wine in one hand and a cigar in the other.  Once again, she's talking out of both sides of her mouth.  She created her own "rock strewn wasteland".  

I'm wondering if she's going to be part of the panel covering Mueller's testimony tomorrow on ABC.  On GMA this morning, George said he will be covering it live with their "entire" political team.  I'm guessing Sunny will be part of the coverage, but I certainly hope they give the perpetual mourner the day off to grieve in private with her husband (whom she now seems to be mentioning quite frequently during the show).  I'm thinking that's all part of the PR plan also.

Edited by Badbea99
  • Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, bannana said:

She is not an unhealthy person.  Wow, here I am defending that bitch.

Yes, she drinks.  But that is a lot of bravado.  If she really drank, her face would be puffy and bad.

I agree, she does enjoy drinking but yeah it's as banana said more bravado.  We have heard countless stories of John McCain's hard drinking days and quick temper. I think that is why Meghan mentions it so often as well as being a "tough chick" "badass " she wants to be compared to her father so much that she'll throw it out there so we can think she is so similar to her dead dad.

I dont think she's drunk every night. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. As far as the having an unhealthy diet.  She probably does but I also think it's a lot of being contrary just to contrary.  If everyone else is eating salads, as the bigger girl at the table she's going to eat whatever the hell she wants and proclaim she doesn't care about eating salads. Meghan seems extremely insecure.  So she can say she is fine with her weight all she wants, I just think it's big talk.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Meghan seems extremely insecure.

Yeah, I've always seen her as being insecure, which causes her to be defensive and combative.  I think she's trying to fit herself into a mold that isn't really her.

Perhaps, with some good therapy she could take some time to pull back from the Meghan persona she's trying so hard to live, find something she's really good at, learn to accept herself and create a lifestyle that satisfies her needs and make her feel good about herself.  She has the money to do so, and probably would have the backing of her family, not so sure about her husband.

What would happen if Meghan eventually found herself doing needlepoint, raising turtles, gunsmithing, or finding she was a talented amature astronomist?  She has the drive, ambition, and money to turn almost anything she was good at into a business, if she chose to.  Or she could live a comfortable life and simply indulge herself in hobbies. 

I don't see her ever being good at politics.  When will she learn she doesn't have the instincts for the job?  All she can ever be is a mouthpiece for others, manipulated by them, used, and eventually discarded when they're done with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11