Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

NutMeg tweeted three times about how everyone hates De Blasio.  Should be interesting to see her interview him on Friday.

Oh, and she said she is drinking bourbon, but she also said this week one should never drink and tweet.  And that she doesn't drink during the week.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, bannana said:

NutMeg tweeted three times about how everyone hates De Blasio.  Should be interesting to see her interview him on Friday.

Oh, and she said she is drinking bourbon, but she also said this week one should never drink and tweet.  And that she doesn't drink during the week.

She also posted something on her IG story (for those who are unaware, the videos/pics disappear on IG’s “story” after a certain amount of time so the clip is no longer available) and she was drinking with her bestie Clay Aiken. I guess that whole “I don’t drink during the week” thing can be thrown out the window. Not shaming Meghan for that, but it’s just another instance of her not being completely honest. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

My favorite lying line from her today, I don't think I am old enough to be a N.Y. Housewife...no dear, you are too fat to be one. (she's a big enough drunk though) Whaaaaaaaaaaa. Today's show was a fast forward special.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

My favorite lying line from her today, I don't think I am old enough to be a N.Y. Housewife...no dear, you are too fat to be one. (she's a big enough drunk though)

Mean...but funny!  Here are the RHONY and their ages:

Bethenny 48, Sonja 55, Ramona 62, Countess Cabaret LuAnn 54,                 Dorinda 54, and Tinsley 43

RHONY2019.thumb.jpg.1bcf608b4419cbbdc49d53d14fc75997.jpg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I don't watch any of the Real Housewives shows, but um, wouldn't those women rip her limb from limb, as sensitive as she is?

that would be fun to watch

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She also posted something on her IG story (for those who are unaware, the videos/pics disappear on IG’s “story” after a certain amount of time so the clip is no longer available) and she was drinking with her bestie Clay Aiken. I guess that whole “I don’t drink during the week” thing can be thrown out the window. Not shaming Meghan for that, but it’s just another instance of her not being completely honest. 

I saw that.  And Clay doesn't drink, so his "You know how much I can drink" (paraphrasing) was him being sarcastic.  I'm sure Meghan drank for the both of them.  😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

So, people are going to PAY for the experience of hearing Meghan talk about conservatism?  

WHY?

There's a line one from one of husband's favourite books that we find ourselves quoting and applying to life more & more these days.  It definitely applies here.  

“Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid."

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

So, people are going to PAY for the experience of hearing Meghan talk about conservatism?  

From Meghan's Instagram (posted above):   It was extremely important to me when deciding where I wanted this project to find a home, that this message and book could be something available to anyone and everyone, to the largest audience possible, no matter what kind of life they lead. 

My public library and associated city/county "digital" libraries offer downloadable/audible (lower-case) books to patrons at no charge.  That's a larger audience.  I hope Meghan's contract allows access through "free" methods.  Not that I care.  I think she's delusional to believe that smugness, rudeness and entitlement equal STRONG.

• Love 4

What is she going to say in the audible book that she hasn't already screeched about on the show?  

She seems to have taken offense to a tweet by David Stassen, who apparently works with Mindy Kaling (NutMeg points out she's sad to find out they work together as she has admired Kaling for a long time).  His tweet has been deleted but her reply is there.  Sorry, I don't know how to copy and paste tweets.  It appears he made a comment about the book and she's not happy.  Then again, when is she?  She's always at war with someone.  Would have loved to have read what he wrote.  It obviously hit a nerve.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Here is the tweet in question.  MeAgain has dragged Mindy Kaling into this because she works with the guy.  ❄️🙄

He has deleted the tweet.

Thanks so much, Bannana!  If she had any sense, she would have ignored his comment.  I couldn't agree with him more.  Can't believe she had the balls to drag Mindy into it.  She is ruthless.  I hope her comment backfires on her.

Edited by Badbea99
spelled Mindy's name wrong
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

Thanks so much, Bannana!  If she had any sense, she would have ignored his comment.  I couldn't agree with him more.  Can't believe she had the balls to drag Mine into it.  She is ruthless.  I hope her comment backfires on her.

She is getting dragged on twitter for "tattling" to Mindy Kaling about this guy's tweet.  She is just such a pathetic child.  But wait, she is tough and strong and blah blah blah! ❄️

You are right, she could have ignored his comment but this way she creates a controversy, which she loves.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

(NutMeg points out she's sad to find out they work together as she has admired Kaling for a long time).

Then perhaps she can understand how SAD we are that people we admire have to work with her.  Never mind; that's beyond her level of compassion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If she is going to spend her whole vacation getting in Twitter wars with everyone who says something unkind about her she won't have any time to do red state stuff.

She sounds an awful lot like a certain President she claims to despise.

• Love 22

That Stassen guy isn't widely known, so Nutmeg decided to call out Mindy Kaling to garner more publicity for her audiobook.

Especially rich coming from a woman who claims she shouldn't be held responsible for anything her own husband has to say:

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s a thread from Twitter. If the link works, it will take you to her tweet. Scroll up to see the start of it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1157650740896313344

How pathetic.  The whole world has NOT been paying much if any attention to the brat since she was 20; I wasn't even aware she existed until she showed up on The View 2 yrs ago.  And bloated Ben is not hot nor brilliant.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10

Embedding the tweet here for those who don't want to click.

I read that review of her book and it was hilarious!

Her tweet is perfect because it encompasses her martyr syndrome, lack of self-awareness and narcissism all at once. ❄️

Here's a link to the book review from her other book.  

https://www.redstate.com/diary/Leon_H_Wolf/2011/12/08/meghan-mccains-dirty-sexy-politics-a-review/

And wait, what?  Her husband co-founded the publication that published a scathing and humiliating review of her book?  And he is hot and brilliant? 🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, bannana said:

Embedding the tweet here for those who don't want to click.

I read that review of her book and it was hilarious!

Her tweet is perfect because it encompasses her martyr syndrome, lack of self-awareness and narcissism all at once. ❄️

Here's a link to the book review from her other book.  

https://www.redstate.com/diary/Leon_H_Wolf/2011/12/08/meghan-mccains-dirty-sexy-politics-a-review/

And wait, what?  Her husband co-founded the publication that published a scathing and humiliating review of her book?  And he is hot and brilliant? 🤣

Jeebus, that review is rough...I know her husband didn’t actually write it, but as a cofounder of the site that hosted it says a lot about him. Before they started dating he apparently used to drag her on Twitter. And they met on Twitter so I refuse to believe she didn’t know what an asshole he was then, and that he doesn’t influence her behavior now.

And they haven’t even been on summer break a week and she’s ALREADY fighting with people on Twitter over her not-even-sure-it’s-a-real-thing book? Color me not surprised 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

I know her husband didn’t actually write it, but as a cofounder of the site that hosted it says a lot about him.

She says he is a  co-founder, but on Wiki it says he was a contributor.  Either way, your point is most correct.  Her buddy Ben Shapiro also dragged her on Twitter and now she is his big fan.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, bannana said:

I enjoyed this part of the  2011 review: "In the final analysis, however, I determined that most of Meghan’s flaws – such as her unbearable narcissism, delusions of persecution, anti-religious bigotry, and mendacity – couldn’t be chalked up to her manifestly below-average intelligence. These are blameworthy traits born of a malfunctioning moral compass, and they are laid bare in spades on every page of Dirty, Sexy Politics."

It caused me to check my Walkman spreadsheet.  I HAVE that book on audio.  I probably downloaded it because I'm a fan of Michael Ian Black...her "co-author."  I'm listening to David Spade's book and Whoopi's recommendation (the one about the Harlequin Great Dane) ... and I'll try to bear up with Meghan next.

16 hours ago, deirdra said:

And bloated Ben is not hot nor brilliant.

Well...considering her standards................................

Edited by HaaCHOO
Removed confusing italics.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

This bitch is completely delusional. The whole world has watched her every move for 10+ years? The hell?! I guess she has no idea how large the world is since she confines herself to Arizona, Montana, and her current job location. Seriously, has she traveled overseas at all? How pathetic to be so wealthy, and know so little. 

• Love 22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yceqHiqiYw8

lol watch this segment at (2:30). Talking about how she's not one of those red state people who talks bad about New York because she doesn't think its fair. Flash forward to her tweets about New York now. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

After reading that article /review about Nutmeg's first book, it's understandable why she would record an audio version. 

The review was so specifically damming of her writing, grammar, topics, disrespect to her family and others, and self-reported tantrums, that it makes me sick that this person is given a major platform to talk publicly. 

I love how the reviewer says that it was so bad, that he doubted anyone had edited it at all. I imagine the publisher was paid with mommy-money vs. paying the so-called scribbler/writer.  

Money can't buy brains. 

You all know that this will be a hubbie-dictated piece as Nutmeg acts as his ventriloquist's dummy and mouths the blue card notes. 

Also, when Nutmeg showed that trashy pic of herself at 20-- with her boobs pushed up to her chin--she said she was embarrassed many years by that pic, BUT then she actually complimented herself that her boobs looked good, even though they did not, and neither did her face. It was horrible. The delusion/narcissism/stupidity is strong in this one.  

Sweet Jesus, please give her the RH opening, and relieve us of our misery when she reads/repeats hubbie's notes in any public venue. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Good Grief.

What is missing from our lives that we will find in Meghan's book??

4 hours ago, Tosia said:

Also, when Nutmeg showed that trashy pic of herself at 20-- with her boobs pushed up to her chin--she said she was embarrassed many years by that pic, BUT then she actually complimented herself that her boobs looked good, even though they did not, and neither did her face. It was horrible.

Well, does this wedding pic look less trashy? (not sure why I can only post the link and not the pic!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbzp8uuBSGx/

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 4