Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: The Not So Quiet Woman

• Start Topic

Shannon 'did' gain a lot of weight.  172 or 4?  That's pretty heavy for someone who seems to be around 5 feet 5 or 6?  And it seems most of that weight gain is around the middle.  Not good.  Yeah.  I get the whole peri and menopausal thing but I think it's more than that.  And I get why she is so upset about it.  It was easier when she was off camera when she put on most of the weight.  Now filming has started and she's just shocked at herself.

I think Shannon has gotten to that stage where she has this relationship with food as a comforting thing.  Tamra telling her to have dry fish and some veggies isn't going to work at this point.  Shannon has to start cutting back on the amount of food (which didn't she end up ordering half the beef) and then ease into changing her eating habits.  She has to find a replacement for food to comfort herself.

And she has to find happiness.  She's not right now.  And, especially because she gained the weight, she is super hypersensitive to anything anyone says.  I do believe that Shannon and David can work things out.  She needs to get more self confidence.  She needs a good therapist, life coach and trainer. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I think Shannon has gotten to that stage where she has this relationship with food as a comforting thing. 

I think it has more to do with alcohol.    She seems to know what lean meats to eat, etc.  So diet isn't her problem.  I think she drinks to deal with the reality of what's going on. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, notnowimbusy said:

I think it has more to do with alcohol.    She seems to know what lean meats to eat, etc.  So diet isn't her problem.  I think she drinks to deal with the reality of what's going on. 

Tell her to go with the Xanax; she'll sleep her life away and avoid all those empty calories from wine and other booze to cope! It's hard having any sympathy for the woman doing this silly show and exposing all her dirty laundry for fun! She doesn't need the money so she has to want to embarrass herself and David! ;-)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Maybe but I don't have enough information about Shannon's drinking habits to conclude that.  Shannon has admitted to eating more.  I also don't think you put on that 'amount' of weight drinking Grey Goose and soda.   Now, if she was sucking down a few six packs of Bud every night.  That would be a different story.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

When you consider that Peggy is on the show a few weeks after a double mastectomy and lost her mother to breast cancer, Shannon's weight gain seems very superficial. I think she needs to get a job, a hobby or volunteer on a regular basis. What does she even do all day?

I' m confused though because Peggy said they found 3 mm of cancer but then the surgeon said she a small amount of precancer?  And then something was said (maybe by her husband) about choosing the mastectomy when she wasn't sick.  I totally get the preventative part because of what she went through with her mother but it sounds like she didn't have a cancer diagnosis?

Shannon is a mess.  I'd say it's part hormones, part financial and part staying with a husband she doesn't trust.  She needs real doctors 

• Love 5

Kelly Dodd is a piece of work. No one should ever tell her one thing of importance because she'll turn it into a weapon. And laugh at you while she does it. Then she'll go make faces in a window. Why on earth did she think that was a good look? Never mind, Jose Cuervo, he is a friend of hers. I've made no secret of how much I've loathed her from her very first minutes on the show.

I did enjoy Tamra's scenes with the guinea pig. They were cute.

Oh, Vickie. Out there all alone, blathering about how your new office costs so much. If your taste is involved, it'll still be tacky.

Bless her heart, Lydia still has all the personality of a damp sponge. She tries, but it just isn't there.

Shannon needs to talk to a real, certified dietician/nutritionist. Someone with some education. Otherwise, she's going to keep on throwing away good money on quacks and quackers. Of course, she won't because the first thing any real dietician will tell her is to lay off the alcohol. I suspect she's dealing with David and his roaming eye with Grey Goose.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I' m confused though because Peggy said they found 3 mm of cancer but then the surgeon said she a small amount of precancer?  And then something was said (maybe by her husband) about choosing the mastectomy when she wasn't sick.  I totally get the preventative part because of what she went through with her mother but it sounds like she didn't have a cancer diagnosis?

Shannon is a mess.  I'd say it's part hormones, part financial and part staying with a husband she doesn't trust.  She needs real doctors 

It sounded like they found 3mm of precancerous cells, Peggy's mom died from breast cancer, and Peggy is BRCA positive. This is what Angelina Jolie did because the gene and the family history means you have a 50 - 80% chance of developing breast cancer. Increasingly women are choosing to have preventative mastectomies when their situation is similar.

I'm not even saying Shannon needs to see an MD. She could see a DO, but she needs to see someone who is licensed to practice western medicine.

• Love 6

Just read these first 3 pages, decided to take the time to watch the show, to see for myself. Whoa Mr. Natural Trainer guy, at no time did he ever mention the great amount of belly fat she is carrying, right there, in her middle. A sure sign of peri-menopausal or right in to menopause. I am not sure how old Shannon is, so maybe she is perimenopausal, but he should surely have some idea about it! To me he is talking to her as if she is still 30-40, like sure, she can drop that weight easily enough, she is still in that age group when it still can come off easily. But she likely is not in that age group anymore, so it will not be as easy as she thinks it will be. Belly fat is menopause and stress, you can't miss it. I sure hope he sets her down the right path, and gives her suggestions as to what kinds of natural supplements she should try taking, because there is no longer any excuse to suffer hot flashes, mood changes, and bad skin because of menopause. It will be interesting to see how he goes with this-or not. Wonder how much he gets paid to take pictures and say 'wow' a hundred times. You could tell that he sure made her feel so much better about herself after listening to him! She must be having terrible mood swings. If I were her, I would stay at home until she can stop telling EVERYONE how much weight she has gained, how much she now weighs, and how much body fat she now has- shut it already Shannon! And please, don't start talking to your girls like that, will not do them any good at all. Learn to go one day at a time.

Kelly is a real witch. Karma Kelly, Karma.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Vicki is many things but gullible ain't one of them. I think she is easily flattered. Once you kiss her ass, tell her what a role model she is to all women, how wonderful smart, amazing, beautiful and successful she is, she trusts you. 

As Kelly mentioned, she lives across the street, she would know whether or not Bravo was still filming probably just by peeking through her blinds. '

Shannon overshares with strangers and enemies. She just met Peggy, Peggy shouldn't know her weight and body fat percentage. Same goes for the vile Kelly. They are at odds, why confide with her the second you see her again and in the crapper no less. 

Never been a fan of Dubrow but Peggy is not a step above Heather. She ain't even a lateral move. There is something inherently tacky about Peggy. Heather's style may have been a tad severe but the bitch oozed money and subtle taste with an East Coast flair. 

And Heather had MANNERS!

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Maurina said:

I think you guys have covered all the important problems with this episode, except one:  

When guinea pigs make that noise, they are NOT HAPPY.  That's not purring, that's a scared, pissed-off guinea pig noise!  Stop the madness!!!  Leave your poor guinea pig alone when he's eating, you're stressing him out, Tamra!  Also:  Guinea pigs poop constantly, they are basically poop machines.  Be prepared if you're going to let your piggy run around on the floor, people.

Thanks for that info about Guinea pigs- I actually learned something from this shit show!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Just a heads up. Ramona's just turned 60. She's a good looking 60, but she's been acting like a politician and playing with facts lately. 

Speaking of Ramona, (and my distaste and curiosity for her behavior), I  commented in her thread, that I would welcome watching her (abysmal, disrespectful and nutcase) if we could balance it out with the same-giving it back to her, on the same low level. My suggestion is handcuffing her to Kelly Dodd. I envision a 1 on 1 . . .  or better, Big Brother house, Survivor, Battle Of The Bravo Stars on a Trip, with all of our no-filter, unhinged favorites.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

F-you, Bravo producers, for adding a cast member with a cancer storyline. I am not unsympathetic towards those battling it, but,   after the whole Vicki/Brooks cancergate debacle it is not compelling. 

Lydia is not the nice, Christian woman she tries to play. She is not a nice person, and does a poor job trying to hide that. Her husband pings to me. As if anyone would actually pay for that stupid magazine....

Someone that loves Shannon needs to do an intervention on her. Reality tv is not the place for her. 

Shannon should hire Eddie as her personal trainer. He wouldn't shame her, is good at it, and has a good BS detector. 

I bet Tamra's change of persona is because portraying the sex charged hussy at least partly contributed to her family issues with her daughter. However, a zebra doesn't change it's stripes. Regardless, she is unlikeable in both roles. 

Cannot stand Kelly, but, her showing off her toned flat belly in the ladies room, while Shannon moaned about her weight gain made me LOL. 

Meghan's baby is adorable, but watching her and Jim stand in their kitchen and talk about baby farts is boring. 

Such a great idea about Eddie training Shannon! He would be the right person for the job, he is smart, kind and would show her empathy, and would make sure she stayed on the right track. 

14 hours ago, sadie said:

I just can't with Shannon. She is obviously a very fragile damaged person. I went into early menopause at 40 (I'm 50 now). I too slowly started gaining weight and ended up 25 pounds overweight. I had to decide to fix it. I started logging my food, cut out sweets and alcohol and guess what? It took a year but I dropped the extra weight and have been stable for 2 years. It sucks having to monitor everything you eat but if you don't want to gain weight that's what it takes. For some people the weight gain doesn't bother them. Good for them. My point is either accept you like to eat more than you like being thin and just be happy. The only reason Shannon is heavy is Shannon. Get off this show, you can't handle it, get to a real doctor, a real therapist and commit if you want to change. Otherwise please shut up already. 

Good for you Sadie, sounds like you have your head on straight!

• Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Absolutely disgusted by Shannon's trainer saying "wow" MORE THAN ONCE when he was observing/photographing her body. 

WTF WAS that? Like he was suddenly transported from looking at a woman carrying thirty five pounds of excess weight into an episode of "My 600 Pound Life", with Shannon so incapacitated, David and her children have to bathe her because she can't reach around the lymphedema. There are people with very difficult weight issues of epic proportions (no pun intended) and treating Shannon ("Wow! I am Dr. Nowzaradan, and wow!  you have to lose wow wow wow 50 pound this month, Shannon!") as if she were in that category was beyond insulting and ignorant to both groups. (And who needs that kind of shame when you're trying to make a profound change, whatever your weight?)

8 hours ago, Cherrio said:

She will be flicking the noses of Betty Broderick and the two surviving Manson Family women.

"Hi, I'm Kelly! I like pushing buttons and shoving my mouth up against windows!"

"Hi, I"m Patricia Krenwinkel! I like killing people and writing "Helter Skelter" on the wall in their still warm blood -- can you pass the Grey Poupon, bitch?"

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21
16 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Speaking of Ramona, (and my distaste and curiosity for her behavior), I  commented in her thread, that I would welcome watching her (abysmal, disrespectful and nutcase) if we could balance it out with the same-giving it back to her, on the same low level. My suggestion is handcuffing her to Kelly Dodd. I envision a 1 on 1 . . .  or better, Big Brother house, Survivor, Battle Of The Bravo Stars on a Trip, with all of our no-filter, unhinged favorites.

I've never watched Big. Brother,  it just passed me by when it was huge and then I figured I had my fill of reality,  but I'd watch for this. 

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Just a heads up. Ramona's just turned 60. She's a good looking 60, but she's been acting like a politician and playing with facts lately. 

Any of those shows with our favorite high maintenance Bravo "stars" would be my hell on earth.

Question: When did Lydia meet Kelly? K wasn't on the show when last we saw L. Did I miss something?

Edited by itsadryheat
technical difficulties
11 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Just a heads up. Ramon's just turned 60. She's a good looking 60, but she's been acting like a politician and playing with facts lately. 

I agree that Ramona looks good for 60. But she must spend a pile of money getting those nuclear fire treatments to her skin all of the time! I could never handle all of that pain like she does-screaming for ice-packs as soon as the treatment is over, no, count me out, when I am 60, my face will show it. Proudly:)

14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Then I wonder why he is married to Tamra. She is nothing but BS.  

Because he was having a brain fart??

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

While I am very open about being an atheist I have several friends of varying degrees of religiosity and this action of Lydiots screams asshole not christian/rainbow riding/fairy type.  This is hardcore judgmental piece of shit type.  Lydia can go fuck herself.

Trust me, she does not act like a true Christian. Not at all.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Any of those shows with our favorite high maintenance Bravo "stars" would be my hell on earth.

Question: When did Lydia meet Kelly? K wasn't on the show when last we saw L. Did I miss something?

Lydia and her good girlfriend Kelly met once the previous night (or a night or two before) at dinner with Vicki.  It must not have been interesting enough to actually make the show, but it was mentioned in passing and there was a brief flashback showing them all wearing some stupid party tiaras.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Come on Shannon, you're on a diet and don't know not to order red meat and wine? How hard is it to get a chopped green salad with grilled salmon or chicken on top? You don't even need to open a menu to look for it, every restaurant will do that for you. Geez. And even Tamra tried to gently steer her in the right direction, but no. Shannon stuck to the red meat. After she got into the fight she stormed out without eating her dinner. I bet she didn't jump on the treadmill when she got home to burn off the bad energy...I bet she had a new dinner.

I see Shannon's problem. Her problem is my problem. She makes bad food choices and hates to work out. It's caught up to her. 

I will say this...  I order a steak when we go out. When we go to Texas Roadhouse, I get an 8 oz sirloin which is 340 calories and 8 grams of fat. However, if I got the healthiest salad on their menu (grilled chicken salad), it is 790 calories and 50 grams of fat. So many people just go, "Ooh, salad!" and order it thinking it is healthy when salads are very deceptive. Their salmon caesar is 1360 calories!  So, I won't automatically judge her for getting a steak (now, the alcohol is just empty calories and that should be cut). 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, ladle said:

Is this a blanket question for every Kelly scene in every episode?  Because, if so, the answer is yes.  Honestly (and I'm not even joking), she sounds drunk in her intro voiceover. 

Kelly being drunk when they recorded her tagline would explain a lot.

9 hours ago, beaker73 said:

If my boss had cameras put up so she could monitor me working I'd quit so fast her head would spin.  

Thanks for reminding me! Vicki talking about putting up webcams in the new office so she could monitor her workers reminded me of a lady on one of those "help my failing business!" shows which featured an owner who stayed home all day watching her employees and berating them for what they did wrong.

• Love 7

Peri can be way worse that post menopause. It's when your hormones take you for a wild ride, you still have your period, but it's erratic, you can also have sweats, sleeplessness, irritability, weight gain, depression, anxiety. 

I'm going thru this right now and it's hell. It's also different for everyone, as my bf pointed out that his last two girlfriends didn't show symptoms at all. Nice, huh? 

I'm thinking this show along with some of the others is becoming way too obvious that many of these people aren't friends in real life and the forced interactions they have to have because of the show are getting painful to watch. Same with Shahs. 

• Love 6
On 7/24/2017 at 10:05 PM, Sarcastica said:

GTFO Lydia.

Last season I told myself that I was done with the show because of Kelly Dodd.

Then I was like...eh..lemme see how it is. 

Now? Yeah, I don't think I can watch this show anymore. I tried. 

I have to agree.  Kelly Dodd makes me think Brandi from RHoBH was not so bad.  She is like a wind up doll.  I think the Producers saw the dinner was boring and grabbed her gave her 50 drinks and threw her in.  Lydia is also complicit  Sorry that was a shit show and I want my 60 minutes back.  I will not be watching anymore either

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I will say this...  I order a steak when we go out. When we go to Texas Roadhouse, I get an 8 oz sirloin which is 340 calories and 8 grams of fat. However, if I got the healthiest salad on their menu (grilled chicken salad), it is 790 calories and 50 grams of fat. So many people just go, "Ooh, salad!" and order it thinking it is healthy when salads are very deceptive. Their salmon caesar is 1360 calories!  So, I won't automatically judge her for getting a steak (now, the alcohol is just empty calories and that should be cut). 

Oh, come on, chopped green salad, grilled salmon, hold the cheese, throw in a hard balled egg (tm Alexis), some beets and cukes an carrots, green pepper. Light Italian or balsamic ON THE SIDE. you're good to go. Hell, I'll even throw in a baked potato if I've been good all day - and eat half. And I'll also take half Pinot, half seltzer. You just cannot compare a piece or red meat to a grilled chicken breast calorie-wise, all things being even. Red meat is triple the calories and so much more fat grams. That's just fact. Shannon was arguing with the waitress about it! She was arguing that a PORK CHOP, wasn't THAT bad! Loll loll! Ok, Shannon. Eat the pork chop. Drink all the liquor you want. Then go tell the world that you gained all this weight and have no idea why. GMAB!

btw...I don't know what kinda steak you are getting, but in my part of the world, 8 oz sirloin is over 500 calories....and if it's done right...it's cooked in lots of butter...so....shrug

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2

If she just ate my salad every night for a month and kept doing the rest of her routine, she would lose weight. But I know what she does. She eats very heavy late-night meals (didn't she order ribs last season-RIBS) and drinks a lot. There you go. Mystery solved about why Shannon gained weight. 

Without a doubt menopause is playing a part in it, but Shannon is a lot like the people I know. She's very set in her ways and is a big complainer and feels entitled to everything in life. She is stubbornly refusing to change her eating habits and exercise routine because her body is changing. That disgusting 'trainer' even alluded to not seeing her in the gym for over a year! She doesn't even need him! She lives in a beautiful place filled with beautiful hill and a beautiful dog. Throw on some sneakers, grab Archie and GO! Go hike an hour, come back and make yourself a smoothie with fruit and yogurt. Lunch. She has nothing but time on her hands, but would rather use it to complain and cry and throw herself a pity party and think '20-30 negative thought a day...David? DAVID!'-tm Ben & Ronnie.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Oh, come on, chopped green salad, grilled salmon, hold the cheese, throw in a hard balled egg (tm Alexis), some beets and cukes an carrots, green pepper. Light Italian or balsamic ON THE SIDE. you're good to go. Hell, I'll even throw in a baked potato if I've been good all day - and eat half. And I'll also take half Pinot, half seltzer. You just cannot compare a piece or red meat to a grilled chicken breast calorie-wise, all things being even. Red meat is triple the calories and so much more fat grams. That's just fact. Shannon was arguing with the waitress about it! She was arguing that a PORK CHOP, wasn't THAT bad! Loll loll! Ok, Shannon. Eat the pork chop. Drink all the liquor you want. Then go tell the world that you gained all this weight and have no idea why. GMAB!

btw...I don't know what kinda steak you are getting, but in my part of the world, 8 oz sirloin is over 500 calories....and if it's done right...it's cooked in lots of butter...so....shrug

I'm just using the nutritional value charts that Texas Roadhouse has. It concurred with other websites. But no, I don't cook my steak in butter. I season it with some pepper and seasoning salt and that's it. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Wow. Screechy Shannon gains weight and is hailed as a hero, and viewers are proud of her? I don't get it. 

Edited to add:

I am a little older than Shannon, am in perimenopause, have supported myself (I say "no" to assholes like David), and I have put on a few pounds. And no one is blowing smoke up my ass. I get on the train and go to work every day (I walk a mile each way for exercise), take good care of my dog (I walk her, for more exercise) and home, raised a son, etc. 

Shannon hasn't had to do much, I think. Born wealthy, sent to a decent school, married, raised a few girls. Big whoop. But she's so burdened. Life is so hard and so unfair. She has the maturity of one of her girls. Maybe she should visit an impoverished country and learn about lives of the not so rich and famous. Or even go to a normal not so fab neighborhood and talk to some REAL real housewives.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Wow. Screechy Shannon gains weight and is hailed as a hero, and viewers are proud of her? I don't get it. 

I'm trying to figure it out, too. I got nothing but crickets. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Yes, I don't get it either.  She seems to have a very entitled attitude.  I've never liked her.  When she sat there arguing with Tamara about what to order, it just showed that she wants things her way and then she'll complain about the consequences of her decisions.  Tamara may be a lot of things, but she has a banging body and if I were complaining about my weight, I'd be happy to take her advice.  I'm not saying David was right to cheat, but my god I couldn't stand one minute with Shannon.  She's like a spoiled two year old.  When she was screaming at the real two year old's party, I noticed that David had to gather those poor girls into the limo with their mother screaming f this and f that.  Good parenting, Shannon!  I wonder how many times they've witnessed that kind of behavior?  Plus, did anyone else notice how she was so quick to throw the dish across the table because she was angry?  It makes me believe that David probably did lock himself in a room to escape her insanity and protect himself from her calls to the police.  She's just very unhinged and I believe David probably stayed for the sake of his girls, plus I could totally see Shannon going all Betty Broderick on him.

• Love 15
(edited)

Shannon is in the perfect storm of weight gain: perimenopause, over eating, too much booze and stress. She can lose the weight if she tries. It will be work but not impossible. Especially if she sets some realistic standards for herself and not try and be a size 0 but to be her healthiest self. Get strong and not worry about skinny.

She does not strike me as the type to ever be over the affair and probably wonders every time David touches her if this is how he touched her, kissed her etc.  She has every right to still be hurt but she wasn't fooling anyone with the we're in a better place, our marriage is stronger etc. A full blown affair where he introduced the other woman to his mother vs a drunken one night stand is on a completely different level and I'm not sure I would have even considered working things out.

Their dog, Archie, seemed like he was full of energy and in need of a good long walk.  I think she really needs to bond with Archie and go for some really long walks together which would be good for her body, mind and soul.  She can even confide in Archie, cry her heart out to him, because dogs are good listeners and they love so unconditionally. He could be the best friend in the world to her, I know my dog was.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

If she just ate my salad every night for a month and kept doing the rest of her routine, she would lose weight. But I know what she does. She eats very heavy late-night meals (didn't she order ribs last season-RIBS) and drinks a lot. There you go. Mystery solved about why Shannon gained weight. 

Without a doubt menopause is playing a part in it, but Shannon is a lot like the people I know. She's very set in her ways and is a big complainer and feels entitled to everything in life. She is stubbornly refusing to change her eating habits and exercise routine because her body is changing. That disgusting 'trainer' even alluded to not seeing her in the gym for over a year! She doesn't even need him! She lives in a beautiful place filled with beautiful hill and a beautiful dog. Throw on some sneakers, grab Archie and GO! Go hike an hour, come back and make yourself a smoothie with fruit and yogurt. Lunch. She has nothing but time on her hands, but would rather use it to complain and cry and throw herself a pity party and think '20-30 negative thought a day...David? DAVID!'-tm Ben & Ronnie.

She suffers from depression Imo which is why she has zero motivation, imo.

I have some friends who are at the same stage of life and it is not easy.

Some friend of a friend is also married to an asshole who cheated with one of his employees (20 years old Chica)

She is devastated and looks like a ghost also. The struggle is real for some middle aged women out there.

So salad or not, I give Shannon a break but I would love for her to leave the show. She is on the verge of a total nervous breakdown. Not my idea of fun.

15 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm trying to figure it out, too. I got nothing but crickets. 

As a middle age woman, I get what she is going thru. She is lost.

• Love 14

Shannon's eating after drinking. She's probably drinking more, her resolve and inhibition is lost, and she gorges. That's what I'm thinking is happening. David is asleep in his own room and she is raiding the fridge at night. Plus, she is eating much more high calorie food. The first season, we saw her make, what I thought, was a super tiny dinner of chicken breast and salad for the whole family. David was eating chips and she yelled at him to stop. I felt bad that the kids always had to eat diet food. Not anymore, the kids and David are eating well now! She needs the leftovers!

• Love 2
(edited)

There are a lot of comments here about Shannon needing a western medical doctor, but it's also possible she's already taking whatever prescription meds one (or more) has provided and she has gained weight and bloating as a side effect.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, film noire said:

WTF WAS that? Like he was suddenly transported from looking at a woman carrying thirty five pounds of excess weight into an episode of "My 600 Pound Life", with Shannon so incapacitated, David and her children have to bathe her because she can't reach around the lymphedema. There are people with very difficult weight issues of epic proportions (no pun intended) and treating Shannon ("Wow! I am Dr. Nowzaradan, and wow!  you have to lose wow wow wow 50 pound this month, Shannon!") as if she were in that category was beyond insulting and ignorant to both groups. (And who needs that kind of shame when you're trying to make a profound change, whatever your weight?)

"Hi, I'm Kelly! I like pushing buttons and shoving my mouth up against windows!"

"Hi, I"m Patricia Krenwinkel! I like killing people and writing "Helter Skelter" on the wall in their still warm blood -- can you pass the Grey Poupon, bitch?"

Contrast this trainer clown with the ones featured on "My 600 lb. Life" who are welcoming supportive, helpful and encouraging.   I notice that a lot of these guys come from Planet Fitness, whose slogan is "No Judgments."  Maybe Shannon would be better off there than with a personal asshat at an upscale gym.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I am finding Lydia's storyline with the magazine so unintentionally hilarious. It's like two kids playing house or make believe. Malibu Barbie's Magazine. When she said they are "all in" with Nobleman, does that mean they are financially invested in it? Are they counting on it to turn a profit? Because, if that is the case......

Wut?

Maybe it means that her big-bucks, big-balled daddy has invested in the glitzy rag - wonder how Lydia's husband is gonna like that comment about his, uh, deficiency.

• Love 4

She has admitted she is responsible for the weight gain 

At least 2-3 times now, someone has asked her why she gained weight, and she says it has to do with the allegation put out there about her husband beating her.  I am with Peggy on this, if it's not true, then why is it getting to you so much?  Someone alleges something about you and you gain 40 lbs as a result?  Get some accountability for yourself.

I really like Shannon a lot.  But she seems to have this idea in her head of what she is, and it's nothing like she really is.  She thinks she is cool, fun, laid back, sees the world as half full not half empty, lighthearted person, etc.  But in reality she is not fun, high strung, can't enjoy herself, nit picker, negative person, killjoy.  I recently watched the episode where David took her out for dinner and she was all upset about the venue being a pub/casual dining place.  It's like just roll with it, be glad you are out, and enjoy it.  She can't, she has to pop everyone's fun bubble and take the mood down to a miserable level.  With the dinner at Quiet Woman, I wish she could just cool it and say to herself "this woman is trying to mess with me, I am going to roll my eyes and ignore her".  But she is so high strung and keyed up she flips out.  Even after the bathroom scene Lydia and Tamra were trying hard to move things along, saying lets cool off, hug it out, move on... but Shannon could not let it go and after they were back at the table she brought up her reaction in the bathroom again.  It's like she can't stop herself.  I can't stand Kelly, but the things she was saying about Shannon are true, she is negative, she does pick everything apart, and she does see things as 1/2 empty.  

Also kind of gross that Kelly would put her mouth on the window in a restaurant, but she's gross so not surprised.  Her hair was a hot mess, so greasy and stringy.  LOL. 

This season is such a train wreck.  I think someone said in another thread that Andy mentioned the characters on the show are good if they are  "Love to hate", not "Hate to hate".  I think we have crossed into "Hate to hate" with a few of these women, and that is why this show is not fun.  Compare to RHONY, last weeks episode was hilarious and I rewatched it 3x just to see it again and again.  The women on that show have funny, organic moments, and while they may not all be friends or even like each other, they can drive in a taxi together and laugh and be funny, have a good time, there is some kind of chemistry between them that clicks.  On RHOOC they all really hate each other, don't want to film together, don't want to be in each others presence, it's just too much bad blood, there is no chemistry and it does not work.  Bravo cannot seriously think that these scenes of Vicki in her new Insurance Scam office are entertaining at all.  Or that we are remotely buying Vicki acting to the camera about being gullible and then making that vapid open mouth guppy face, seen it a million times... over it.

Speaking of Vicki, what was that scene that was obviously filmed, but not shown, with Vicki, Kelly and Lydia having lunch wearing "Party" tiaras on their head?  I guess that scene was not good enough to get shown more than as a flashback?  If so, I am LOL that this was cut.  They looked super dumb.  I have to imagine the party tiaras were Vicki's idea.

• Love 11
(edited)
54 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

She suffers from depression Imo which is why she has zero motivation, imo.

I have some friends who are at the same stage of life and it is not easy.

Some friend of a friend is also married to an asshole who cheated with one of his employees (20 years old Chica)

She is devastated and looks like a ghost also. The struggle is real for some middle aged women out there.

So salad or not, I give Shannon a break but I would love for her to leave the show. She is on the verge of a total nervous breakdown. Not my idea of fun.

As a middle age woman, I get what she is going thru. She is lost.

My point wasn't about eating a salad. Of course that's not the solution for shannon to fix her life. My point is about choices. If shannon is upset about her weight gain, she is making wrong choices. Both in diet and in exercise or lack therof. What she is doing now isn't working. So either do something different, or do nothing but complain and blame, or do nothing and accept the new you. I see she's going for door number 2. And nobody wants to be around that kind of person on a regular basis. 

As a middle aged woman, I get what she's going through too. It's damn hard. I had to make myself get up off the couch last night and walk 3.5 miles around a HS track. I would have much rather stayed with all of you wonderful people, posting away and snacking and drinking wine. But I chose a better way. Wasn't easy, and I'm probably gonna choose the wrong way next time :). Tonight I'm going out to dinner with girl friends. Gonna skip the mushroom ravioli - and take my own advice and have a piece of fish w salad and dressing in the side. That choice not that hard because I love fish, and when I go out, I talk more than I eat. Hope I don't throw a plate at anyone...

anyway. No one said it was easy. I ask anyone here, does anyone here have it easy??? We all have stuff. The way shannon is dealing with her stuff isn't working. Maybe try another way? 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Shannon 'did' gain a lot of weight.  172 or 4?  That's pretty heavy for someone who seems to be around 5 feet 5 or 6?  And it seems most of that weight gain is around the middle.  Not good.  Yeah.  I get the whole peri and menopausal thing but I think it's more than that.  And I get why she is so upset about it.  It was easier when she was off camera when she put on most of the weight.  Now filming has started and she's just shocked at herself.

I think Shannon has gotten to that stage where she has this relationship with food as a comforting thing.  Tamra telling her to have dry fish and some veggies isn't going to work at this point.  Shannon has to start cutting back on the amount of food (which didn't she end up ordering half the beef) and then ease into changing her eating habits.  She has to find a replacement for food to comfort herself.

And she has to find happiness.  She's not right now.  And, especially because she gained the weight, she is super hypersensitive to anything anyone says.  I do believe that Shannon and David can work things out.  She needs to get more self confidence.  She needs a good therapist, life coach and trainer. 

Shannon last season commented on her weight gain saying they were "happy" pounds.  The family was doing lots of things together and like most it revolved around meals out together, travelling.  With four out of five in her household eating and burning calories as active athletes, it takes a lot of discipline to continue to order calorie conscious choices.  The half steak was a good idea.  And Shannon has apparently decided not to eschew alcohol, which is just empty calories.  Although Tamra is very sculpted and boasts body fat in the low teens she has had surgical enhancements to achieve the look.  Even now she claims due to her low body fat she had a lower face lift.  Tamra is kind of at the other end of the spectrum.  It seems her business, marriage and family life revolve around body sculpting and building. 

I would agree her weight has made her unhappy with herself .  What I hear from Shannon when she  complains about her relationship with  David is she is trying to sell herself that David must be unhappy because she is unhappy. 

11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Maybe but I don't have enough information about Shannon's drinking habits to conclude that.  Shannon has admitted to eating more.  I also don't think you put on that 'amount' of weight drinking Grey Goose and soda.   Now, if she was sucking down a few six packs of Bud every night.  That would be a different story.

At this point Shannon can't afford to consume empty calories.  To me it is like a budget-if you blow 20% of your budget on bowling when you need 95% of your budget to meet your needs, you aren't budgeting logically. The other thing about drinking vodka is "one drink" can wildly varying calories if your pour is on the generous side.  So Shannon has to decide if she is on a healthy 1200 calorie a day diet if it is worth to consume 150 calories in her evening cocktail.   

• Love 7
On 7/24/2017 at 10:35 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Shannon really needs to see a real doctor and therapist.  It is troubling that she has gained so much weight in such a short amount of time. It is possible that she may be just menopausal or she could have a thyroid disorder.  In any case Shannon is not emotionally stable and needs some intensive inpatient treatment.  There are some great facilities in California and Arizona that specialize in eating disorders.  She is lucky enough to have the financial resources to get the very best treatment.  Excessive weight gain or loss and substance abuse are symptoms of a larger problem.  Shannon is in a lot of emotional pain that has nothing to do with her weight.  She is trying so hard to hold it together but she is coming apart at the seams.  

Exactly right. I was hoping that Shannon would handle this in a gracious and healthy way, and I realize that it HAS to be hard; however, I believe that if someone else were struggling with her weight, Shannon would be the first one barking up with her shrill, sanctimonious, snide, judgmental, know-it-all "put nine lemons in a bowl" screeching nonsense. Also, as we all know, bodies are made 80% in the kitchen and 20% in the gym. Her body is probably the result of binge-eating and drinking, as well as menopause. Screeching "I's fat cuz o' Vicki" not only makes her look like she's playing the victim, (and a silly, petty victim at that), but it also keeps Truffle Hunter/cancer scammer Vicki relevant--STAAAHP. Also, Trailer Park Tamra needs to stop advising people about ANYTHING. You're an old anorexic hag who doesn't have her children and talks about people sucking hairy balls whilst flipping the bird. Ugh...Jesus must be so proud. And shaddup about "dried fish and vegetables." I'd love to see a talking head of Shannon saying, "How does Tamra expect to get her kids back? How about not acting like a whorish, foul-mouthed, hypocritical ape? Worked for me!" 

• Love 4
(edited)

I am not buying Shannon's excuses.  There are women who have children and work a full time job, with no husband or outside help (housekeeper) to assist, yet they mange to not act like shrieking harpies and make it to the gym. She sleeps for eight,  so that leaves 16 hours left in the day she can work around the house for a few, cook for a few and still have plenty of time to work out. 

She might have to tailor her bodily expectations to a more realistic goal and accept she might never be that size again. I read something where Vanna White discussed how she's the same weight but the clothes don't fit the same because of weight shifting around.  It happens and it's not the end of the world. And a few pounds won't disgust your husband but a nasty attitude and self pitying behavior might. Men don't necessarily cheat because the  other woman is hotter or more beautiful, name just about any beautiful woman in Hollywood and she was probably cheated on. It's more about opportunity and ego.

ETA: Vanna was also at one time 25lbs heavier and a compulsive over eater and would devour boxes of donuts and entire meatloafs.  She cut down on her portions, made wiser choices and only ate when hungry not just because it was meal time.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 7

Shannon is the only person I know who leads with her rock bottom. I get what she's trying to do, but...stahp. 

People have focused a lot on her diet, as they should, but I feel like it's less a bad diet and more of an aversion to exercise. She says she doesn't like "the intense" and "strenuous" workouts--fine, no P90X. That leaves swimming, biking, walking, running, jogging, elliptical, incline training, weight training, Pilates, yoga, spinning, etc. For whatever reason, Shannon can't naturally burn more calories than she takes in anymore. Exercise is something she can do to counter the excess calories AND a natural anti-depressant.

It's not easy, and I'm no fitness queen myself, but she access to a personal chef and a 24/7 trainer, and time to do all the classes she wants. I am starting to believe she wants to have a Prevailing Issue that keeps her from being happy. First it was The Affair which is David's fault. Now it's The Weight and it's Vicki's fault.

• Love 9
On 7/24/2017 at 9:32 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I felt for Shannon and the humiliation she must have felt takingher shirt off, weighing in and getting her "before"photos taken. I'm proudshes gone to do something about it and hope she can complete the journey to weight loss and better health 

I wanted to reach through my screen and bitch slap her trainer every time he said "wow".  Shannon can drive me crazy sometimes, but that whole scene broke my heart.  She just looked completely defeated.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

Speaking of Vicki, what was that scene that was obviously filmed, but not shown, with Vicki, Kelly and Lydia having lunch wearing "Party" tiaras on their head?  I guess that scene was not good enough to get shown more than as a flashback?  If so, I am LOL that this was cut.  They looked super dumb.  I have to imagine the party tiaras were Vicki's idea.

Be patient; they'll show it in the "lost footage" special.

1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Shannon is in the perfect storm of weight gain: perimenopause, over eating, too much booze and stress. She can lose the weight if she tries. It will be work but not impossible. Especially if she sets some realistic standards for herself and not try and be a size 0 but to be her healthiest self. Get strong and not worry about skinny.

She does not strike me as the type to ever be over the affair and probably wonders every time David touches her if this is how he touched her, kissed her etc.  She has every right to still be hurt but she wasn't fooling anyone with the we're in a better place, our marriage is stronger etc. A full blown affair where he introduced the other woman to his mother vs a drunken one night stand is on a completely different and I'm not sure I would have even considered working things out.

Their dog, Archie, seemed like he was full of energy and in need of a good long walk.  I think she really needs to bond with Archie and go for some really long walks together which would be good for her body, mind and soul.  She can even confide in Archie, cry her heart out to him, because dogs are good listeners and they love so unconditionally. He could be the best friend in the world to her, I know my dog was.

Shannon said that Vicki's assertion regarding David and his mother dining with the affair was incorrect.  David's mother had never met the woman.

Shannon has the power to put the affair aside, just like she has the power to get over Vicki's allegations that David beats the shit out of her.  Both were crappy things to have happen and life goes on after the election whether you win or lose.  I sometimes think Shannon likes having a lot going on around her-be it her beloved USC games and the socializing that goes along with it, or just shooting the show. 

Somehow Shannon has to find a physical activity that she mildly enjoys-she doesn't have to love it but she needs the discipline.

• Love 3