Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: The Not So Quiet Woman

• Start Topic

On 7/29/2017 at 11:05 AM, dosodog said:

Well unfair. I also search for Sam Elliot and Jason Momoa and would not complain if they showed up.....

I did!  I commented that I didn't believe the product actually existed in the NY thread.  People gave me links to stores in my area that carries them.

Which, no.  It says they are there, but they are not.

It's almost like Shrodinger's cat.

That is why you are getting the SG info. It's not specifically Bravo or Bethenny doing it to you, but the fact that you clicked on a link about her products. I am currently shopping for a new suitcase, and also some home furnishings. I keep getting ads for the Away Suitcase, and a rug I love at Pottery Barn when I come on this forum. Kind of freaks me out, but it also reminds me that I need to not forget to order these things. Just super smart marketing. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The thing is, this could be Shannon's story. I have zero idea if any of this is menopause, but from the tone of the forum, and one other that I visit, that seems to be the overall belief. 

Shannon always gets huge kudos for her honesty. Honesty about talking about living through the hell of a marriage. Honesty in taking off her shirt and displaying her belly, both this season and two seasons ago when she first did it. But the thing is, what is probably happening is that she is going through menopause to some degree. Because she can talk about how she is drinking more, but I believe that Shannon has always had a healthy appetite for the Vodka. Certainly since she has been on this show. She is now at a point where it is not so easy to keep doing the same things and have a good result. Because mother nature is a fucking bitch and she comes for all of us if we are lucky enough to live that long. True, in different degrees. But most of us find that as we age it is just harder to keep the weight off without doing things differently. It has nothing to do with Vicki. I've never met Vicki and my belly doesn't look the same. My husband has never cheated on me and we have a wonderful marriage. Still, my belly doesn't look the same. Shannon - ever the victim - continues to look for someone to blame because her life/body is not as she would like it to be. 

This is her real story. The real struggle. But it is not cool, or sexy, to speak the truth about entering this phase of life. Menopausal women are lumped together and not in a positive way. Brandi speaking of menopause, and Meghan last season, in a way that is meant to diminish them and call attention to the fact that they are no longer young or desirable (in their minds). Have we ever had a story on these shows about a woman struggling through the very real impact of menopause and not just pussyfooting around about it?  I don't watch all the shows, so I could have missed it. Maybe the audience would roll their eyes. But considering Shannon has talked about wanting to educate the audience through her marriage crisis and her weight gain, it seems like this is an area where she could actually educate and empower through action instead of through avoidance and blame. 

No matter how close Shannon and Tamra are, there is no reason why Tamra should not feel proud of herself for what she has accomplished with her body. It is amazing. And it took extremely hard word and dedication to look like she does. She can be proud of herself, and still be supportive of Shannon. And from what I have seen, she does seem to be supportive of Shannon. 

Is it possible that Shannon didn't literally mean that Vicki was making her gain weight?  I think Shannon is one of those that is a comfort and stress eater.  She eats her emotions.  So, the stress from Vicki, her marriage, and everything is making her eat/drink more which in turn is making her gain weight. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Well then, jb2, my work here is done!  ;-)

(by the way - you have a sick sense of humor/humour, and should get that looked at by a Dr. M-O-O-N spells moon.  Take a colonic & call him in the morning - right after you fill a bowl with 9 oranges and ask your SO to dig that nozzle out of your ass, and ruin your marriage forever).  hee

ETA - straw poll.  Fastest way to end a marriage - vow renewal or blue nitrile gloves?  You decide.

I think eating a bow off of a cake would end the marriage pretty quickly, end it by death, but end it nevertheless.......

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I did think about this as I typed it up and when I was married I probably would have asked my husband,  but not on national T.V.  and he was resentful. 

True. My husband (TMI) had to give me an enema when I was pregnant. But I wouldn't do that on national tv. Then again, I wouldn't put any of my personal life on tv. I'm sure B from RHONY would have that done on the show. 

• Love 2
On 7/29/2017 at 9:03 AM, VedaPierce said:

TT is a little kookoo. I remember her from her fight with Lynn (RIP :( )on the IHJZ blog. Always distrusted her a little after.

Do you remember exactly what went down?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Well, it's already happening...from the looks of  Shannon in real time, she looks so incredible and getting smaller by the minute.  Even Kelly Dudd, far from someone in Shannon's corner, just last week on WWHL, mentioned that she saw Shannon recently and admitted that she looked great.

I wish women would encourage each other, even Satan, I mean, evil Tamra has managed to improve the way she interacts with other women and CAN be supportive, when she wants to be, as she's aged.  It's sad that even Tamra Judge is actually nicer than some other women on this planet.  God help us!

I think Tamra is attempting a redemption tour with her lo-key performance. She's a snake. That explosion she had in Ireland when she hit Kelly and howled like an insane woman at Vicki is the real Tamra.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, sarivon said:

I think Tamra is attempting a redemption tour with her lo-key performance. She's a snake. That explosion she had in Ireland when she hit Kelly and howled like an insane woman at Vicki is the real Tamra.

Tamra didn't "hit" Kelly, she pushed her and Kelly admitted it was a push at the reunion. Also, Kelly has admitted that she loves to go low when she attacks the others, she likes to provoke them with personal dirt, like the crap Vicki shared with her about Tamra, Shannon and Heather. As for her howling at Vicki during the van ride to the airport, Vicki was knowingly spreading lies/rumors/private info about Eddie/David/Terry to Kelly in hopes that Kelly would say them on camera, all because Tamra/Shannon/Heather didn't send Vicki casseroles the season before and called her out on being complicit with Brooks with the cancer lie. As always, Vicki was using someone else to do her dirty work for her, something Tamra did for years but had stopped doing, so she is using Kelly to fill that role now. Kelly makes Tamra look mild in comparison. LOL

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, sarivon said:

Do you remember exactly what went down?

I don't remember exactly because it was about 5 or 6 years ago, but I think tamra went nuts because Lynn didn't credit her properly about something. I think there was more to it, but tamra seemed to overreact. At least to me. I love the quote "people may not always remember your words, but they never forget how you made them feel", and she made me feel a certain way while that was going down. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Tamra didn't "hit" Kelly, she pushed her and Kelly admitted it was a push at the reunion. Also, Kelly has admitted that she loves to go low when she attacks the others, she likes to provoke them with personal dirt, like the crap Vicki shared with her about Tamra, Shannon and Heather. As for her howling at Vicki during the van ride to the airport, Vicki was knowingly spreading lies/rumors/private info about Eddie/David/Terry to Kelly in hopes that Kelly would say them on camera, all because Tamra/Shannon/Heather didn't send Vicki casseroles the season before and called her out on being complicit with Brooks with the cancer lie. As always, Vicki was using someone else to do her dirty work for her, something Tamra did for years but had stopped doing, so she is using Kelly to fill that role now. Kelly makes Tamra look mild in comparison. LOL

OK so Tamra didn't "hit" her, she "pushed" her. Does that make it somehow less? In my world it doesn't. Kelly fights with words. Words can be ignored. Tamra is trash.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The thing is, this could be Shannon's story. I have zero idea if any of this is menopause, but from the tone of the forum, and one other that I visit, that seems to be the overall belief. 

Shannon always gets huge kudos for her honesty. Honesty about talking about living through the hell of a marriage. Honesty in taking off her shirt and displaying her belly, both this season and two seasons ago when she first did it. But the thing is, what is probably happening is that she is going through menopause to some degree. Because she can talk about how she is drinking more, but I believe that Shannon has always had a healthy appetite for the Vodka. Certainly since she has been on this show. She is now at a point where it is not so easy to keep doing the same things and have a good result. Because mother nature is a fucking bitch and she comes for all of us if we are lucky enough to live that long. True, in different degrees. But most of us find that as we age it is just harder to keep the weight off without doing things differently. It has nothing to do with Vicki. I've never met Vicki and my belly doesn't look the same. My husband has never cheated on me and we have a wonderful marriage. Still, my belly doesn't look the same. Shannon - ever the victim - continues to look for someone to blame because her life/body is not as she would like it to be. 

This is her real story. The real struggle. But it is not cool, or sexy, to speak the truth about entering this phase of life. Menopausal women are lumped together and not in a positive way. Brandi speaking of menopause, and Meghan last season, in a way that is meant to diminish them and call attention to the fact that they are no longer young or desirable (in their minds). Have we ever had a story on these shows about a woman struggling through the very real impact of menopause and not just pussyfooting around about it?  I don't watch all the shows, so I could have missed it. Maybe the audience would roll their eyes. But considering Shannon has talked about wanting to educate the audience through her marriage crisis and her weight gain, it seems like this is an area where she could actually educate and empower through action instead of through avoidance and blame. 

No matter how close Shannon and Tamra are, there is no reason why Tamra should not feel proud of herself for what she has accomplished with her body. It is amazing. And it took extremely hard word and dedication to look like she does. She can be proud of herself, and still be supportive of Shannon. And from what I have seen, she does seem to be supportive of Shannon. 

I detest Tamra with every fiber of my being, but am grudgingly impressed with her hard work and dedication to looking like she does. That takes a tremendous amount of effort and self control and discipline. She is actually someone that I can look at and think, it's possible. It's possible to be pushing 50, and be that short, and still have a great physique. It gives me hope that I can do it too. If I ever decide to commit to that degree, I can achieve those results too. Tamra actually walks the walk. When she was in training last season, she didn't eat ribs or porter house steak or drink beer or any alcohol really, and she was in the gym constantly. That evil little bitch is actually my inspiration! Lol 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
42 minutes ago, sarivon said:

OK so Tamra didn't "hit" her, she "pushed" her. Does that make it somehow less? In my world it doesn't. Kelly fights with words. Words can be ignored. Tamra is trash.

Yes Kelly admitted that she goes low when she attacks, but every single one of them goes low at one time or another. Pretending Shannon was having a psychotic break and wondering if an ambulance should be called is low. Tamra going after Lizzie to the point of posting her private phone number on FB is pretty low. Let's not even get into naked wasted. Trying to Bill Cosby someone while they are drunk, by her own son??? The lowest, no? Shannon and Heather colluding to get Krazy Kelly drunk so she would be her usual insane self on camera, pretty low in my book -yes I know some believe they are innocent and weren't doing it intentionally, but I will always believe they were. Also, shannon inviting those two hookers to the sixties party, knowing they would have a go at Kelly, on camera...pretty low. So yes, Kelly is a dirtbag, but she admitted it. The rest are pretending they are something they're not. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, sarivon said:

Yes, they are different IMO. Also, Tamra was drunk, otherwise she would have only thrown wine at Kelly. LOL Kelly is horrid, she attacks others for no reason, she had no reason for talking smack about Tamra to begin with, even she admitted to it.

7 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Yes Kelly admitted that she goes low when she attacks, but every single one of them goes low at one time or another. Pretending Shannon was having a psychotic break and wondering if an ambulance should be called is low. Tamra going after Lizzie to the point of posting her private phone number on FB is pretty low. Let's not even get into naked wasted. Trying to Bill Cosby someone while they are drunk, by her own son??? The lowest, no? Shannon and Heather colluding to get Krazy Kelly drunk so she would be her usual insane self on camera, pretty low in my book -yes I know some believe they are innocent and weren't doing it intentionally, but I will always believe they were. Also, shannon inviting those two hookers to the sixties party, knowing they would have a go at Kelly, on camera...pretty low. So yes, Kelly is a dirtbag, but she admitted it. The rest are pretending they are something they're not. 

Tamra has been horrid in the past but that doesn't justify Kelly's horrid behavior last season at all. No one tried to get Kelly drunk, no one and she was stone cold sober on that van ride to hell last season when she went after Tamra, Shannon, Heather and Vicki on the van ride to hell last season. They all knew that Kelly didn't need alcohol to behave badly, she was sober at the Japanese dinner when she went crazy, so booze doesn't have anything to do with Kelly's ugliness. 

• Love 4
(edited)
41 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, they are different IMO. Also, Tamra was drunk, otherwise she would have only thrown wine at Kelly. LOL Kelly is horrid, she attacks others for no reason, she had no reason for talking smack about Tamra to begin with, even she admitted to it.

Tamra has been horrid in the past but that doesn't justify Kelly's horrid behavior last season at all. No one tried to get Kelly drunk, no one and she was stone cold sober on that van ride to hell last season when she went after Tamra, Shannon, Heather and Vicki on the van ride to hell last season. They all knew that Kelly didn't need alcohol to behave badly, she was sober at the Japanese dinner when she went crazy, so booze doesn't have anything to do with Kelly's ugliness. 

I never tried to justify her behavior. She's awful. And they all are. They are all unlikeable. Every single one of them. They all should be ashamed of themselves for one thing or another. Not one of them is worth rooting for or defending. But I believe in fairness. And in fairness, they are all guilty of ugly, stupid, embarrassing behavior. I don't have a favorite deadly sin. One that I can tolerate more than the other. They all deserve disdain. Horrid people. Yet I can't quit :) I wont! Oc is like the Kramer painting. "His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit. He is a loathsome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away. He transcends time and space. He sickens me. I love it." That, in a nutshell, are those OC broads. A Kramer painting. Lol ;)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Kelly felt attacked and marginalized by Shannon, Tamballs and Cindy Lou Who, so she fought back with her comments. Do I personally think she's over the top? Yes, but all of them are and all of them go low (as Veda pointed out above).

These fools who get physical or go at co-hos aggressively or throw things (Tams, Ramona, Nene, Idiot Porsha, Teresa, the little pig from Miami whose name escapes me and who slugged Joanne -- are there more?)  should have their asses and contract releases handed to them immediately by Bravo.  If Kelly's words are so powerful that Tams cannot control herself, that's on her, not Kelly.

IMO.

• Love 4

And yes, shannon most definitly tried to get kelly drunk. Hence the repeated flashbacks of her huddled with the waiter demanding double! Triple! Quadruple! Tequila shots. Such intense, desperate, frantic whispering...off in that corner. She's no innocent. I'm not fooled. I'm not that naive. 

• Love 9
On 7/28/2017 at 11:35 AM, Gaily said:

I may be in the minority here but wouldn't it be nice to have a not-so-skinny housewife for a change?  Most women in the 50s gain weight -- that is just a reality. Shannon may be heavier but she is not gigantic and is still a very lovely lady.  I agree that her sadness and pain IS painful to watch -- no doubt.  But wouldn't it be nice if a bit of middle-aged, menopausal weight gain wasn't viewed as a catastrophe?  Shannon is smart, resourceful and wealthy -- she WILL lose this weight. My money is that she may have gained the weight deliberately to have a good storyline that will appeal to the RHOC audience base. Then she will showcase a glorious before and after trajectory that will have her in size 4 leather pants in no time.  I hope that's the case. I like her.

You are NOT in the minority!  I would love that.  Especially if she were confident and rocked it.  

• Love 8
22 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Well then, jb2, my work here is done!  ;-)

(by the way - you have a sick sense of humor/humour, and should get that looked at by a Dr. M-O-O-N spells moon.  Take a colonic & call him in the morning - right after you fill a bowl with 9 oranges and ask your SO to dig that nozzle out of your ass, and ruin your marriage forever).  hee

ETA - straw poll.  Fastest way to end a marriage - vow renewal or blue nitrile gloves?  You decide.

Swoon.  Quoting one of my fav SK books!  By the way I say that in my head every time I hear his name.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Love Pumps on that Oklahoma show! Love watching her!

YES!  I am trying to get my sister to watch that.  I expected to hate it but I don't.  Pumps never seems to complain about being curvier.  Shannon, embrace your curves until you can lose them or not.  You are pretty and can be fun when you aren't a crazy sadsack.  Also, between you and me, vodka is not your friend.  Cut it out like you did the cancer named Vicki.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, ITALIA said:

NOTE to Shannon - not surprised your husband isn't into you. Saw your bod with the trainer - NOT attractive. Stop playing the victim.

17 hours ago, ITALIA said:

NOTE to Brianna - you need to lose about 50 pounds. You're WAY overweight.

I think these women are pretty well aware they need to lose weight. Brianna has had serious health issues that are likely really impacting HER ability to do so. Going by current pics, Shannon HAS done so. 

• Love 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Is it possible that Shannon didn't literally mean that Vicki was making her gain weight?  I think Shannon is one of those that is a comfort and stress eater.  She eats her emotions.  So, the stress from Vicki, her marriage, and everything is making her eat/drink more which in turn is making her gain weight. 

Edited by IKnowRight
Double post, sorry!!
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

In response to Diadochokinesis post:

ITA

Also, Shannon has been asked multiple times since she made those comments blaming the weight gain on Vicki, and she clarified that the weight gain was her sole responsibility.  

Yes, if you are a stress eater, you are filling yourself with food or drink to soothe yourself as a reaction to stress.  That's why some foods are called comfort foods.  Hello, mac n cheese, ice cream, etc 

I think Shannon does lash out and overreact, that's obvious!  When she is saying Vicki is responsible, what she means is Vicki's lies and actions were the biggest contributor driving her to eat, in her opinion.  I believe that...and I also believe it was David, her mother in law, her obsession with perfection, among other things, we all see she dwells on everything.   Vicki, and Kelly, are stressful people to be surrounded with in your life.  So isn't Shannon!   Ask David!

I bet Shannon gets mad at herself just as much as she blames others.  She knows that, but, I agree, Vicki's actions as her "friend" were of betrayal, and continually spreading malicious gossip about David, among other things is an undeniable factor that drove Shannon's overeating.  Acknowledging that doesn't mean she's denying personal responsibility for getting heavy.

In Shannon's thoughts she felt Vicki was a major contribution to her stress...

Everyone's milking that comment.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Swoon.  Quoting one of my fav SK books!  By the way I say that in my head every time I hear his name.

Swooning that my reference didn't go unnoticed!  Definitely my fav SK book.  And I, too, say it that way in my head every time that huckster shows up on my screen.  

40 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Kelly felt attacked and marginalized by Shannon, Tamballs and Cindy Lou Who, so she fought back with her comments. Do I personally think she's over the top? Yes, but all of them are and all of them go low (as Veda pointed out above).

These fools who get physical or go at co-hos aggressively or throw things (Tams, Ramona, Nene, Idiot Porsha, Teresa, the little pig from Miami whose name escapes me and who slugged Joanne -- are there more?)  should have their asses and contract releases handed to them immediately by Bravo.  If Kelly's words are so powerful that Tams cannot control herself, that's on her, not Kelly.

IMO.

How did anyone attack or marginalize Kelly at the first bar in Ireland? It didn't happen except in Kelly's narcissist mind/brain! She was asked to stop pulling a childish joke/prank on the others and nothing more and she went off spewing crap about Tamra/Sidney to Shannon on camera/on mic. 

Yes, they are all OTT but only Kelly brags about going as low as possible and enjoying it.

40 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

And yes, shannon most definitly tried to get kelly drunk. Hence the repeated flashbacks of her huddled with the waiter demanding double! Triple! Quadruple! Tequila shots. Such intense, desperate, frantic whispering...off in that corner. She's no innocent. I'm not fooled. I'm not that naive. 

I disagree that Shannon or anyone else was trying to get Kelly drunk. Shannon ordered drinks/shots for all of them including Tamra, who also told Shannon No, not just Kelly. No one forced Kelly to drink, no one made fun of her for not drinking, she made it a point of contention, not the others, And, she didn't drink!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Swooning that my reference didn't go unnoticed!  Definitely my fav SK book.  And I, too, say it that way in my head every time that huckster shows up on my screen.  

HA!  Like minds.  I heard they may be making that into a movie (other than the TV miniseries).  I hope so!  M-O-O-N spells HOPE!

To stay on the topic of HWs, I wonder how many of these people read other than The Idiots Guide to God and Vodka?

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Shannon ordered a drink for Kelly as well as the others at the table and yes she did up the order to "doubles".  The cause of the big fight on the bus had more to do with Kelly being excluded from the after dinner drinking and feel rejected by Vicki after Vicki had successfully wormed her way back into the Shannon, Tamra, Heather clan.  It was only after Kelly realized she was being kicked to the curb by Vicki she got upset.  Kelly was fine following Vicki commands about not drinking until she realized the others (courtesy of some Tweets from Tamra and Vicki) she had been cut out and was no longer needed by Vicki.

The idea that Vicki and Kelly then decided it was all about Shannon trying to get Kelly drunk, which makes no sense since Kelly didn't drink and far worse that Kelly is so reprehensible she continues to drink and realizes she has serious issues with alcohol-but she isn't an alcoholic but expects to be treated like one except when she wants to drink. 

So it is a failed logic Shannon decided to get Kelly drunk.  Kelly didn't drink.  She exercised her free will and when she decided she wanted to drink, no one had any use for her.  Kelly developed this forcing me to drink as mostly a talking head segment after the damage was done.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

How did anyone attack or marginalize Kelly at the first bar in Ireland?

I didn't say in Ireland --I believe it built up throughout the season. I guess you could rewatch if you need examples.

IIRC, Madam Puppet admitted she was saying some pretty awful stuff about and to Kelly on the minibus. Her excuse was lack of sleep and liquor. So essentially Heather, like Kelly, fights with words.  Scumra, conversely, gets physical, be it throwing something at Jeana, shoving Kelly or spewing her oral bacteria into Vicki's face.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

I didn't say in Ireland --I believe it built up throughout the season. I guess you could rewatch if you need examples.

IIRC, Madam Puppet admitted she was saying some pretty awful stuff about and to Kelly on the minibus. Her excuse was lack of sleep and liquor. So essentially Heather, like Kelly, fights with words.  Scumra, conversely, gets physical, be it throwing something at Jeana, shoving Kelly or spewing her oral bacteria into Vicki's face.

Kelly went after Tamra, Heather and Shannon right out of the newbie gate last season. She was all about defending Vicki's honor before she ever met any of the others or hearing their side of the argument. IMO, Kelly did everything she could do/say to antagonize them, not the other way around. Kelly is wacked/sick/scary nasty, far beyond any other HW throughout the entire franchise. 

As for the bus, Kelly started attacking the others first, she went below the belt to do it as well. Hell, she even outed Vicki for not defending her! LOL

• Love 3

I do not condone violence in any way.  That said, we didn't see the argument between Kelly and Tamra and we didn't see the push.  I could see not being all that upset with Tamra pushing Kelly if Kelly was all up in her face and talking shit to her and Tamra was trying to get away from the situation.  Tamra IS smaller than most of the women (she's just short, that's a face), and I can say that if I had people getting as close to my face and screaming as Vicki did with the "evil eye" rant, my instinct would be to push them away from me.  I realize Tamra did also get up in Vicki's face on the bus, so, they give and get, I'm just saying that Kelly is bigger than Tamra, and if she was in her face, blocking her and Tamra pushed her away from her, I wouldn't particularly have a huge issue with that. Of course, having not seen the footage, it's total speculation.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I detest Tamra with every fiber of my being, but am grudgingly impressed with her hard work and dedication to looking like she does. That takes a tremendous amount of effort and self control and discipline. She is actually someone that I can look at and think, it's possible. It's possible to be pushing 50, and be that short, and still have a great physique. It gives me hope that I can do it too. If I ever decide to commit to that degree, I can achieve those results too. Tamra actually walks the walk. When she was in training last season, she didn't eat ribs or porter house steak or drink beer or any alcohol really, and she was in the gym constantly. That evil little bitch is actually my inspiration! Lol 

It's also helpful to own a fitness gym and have no other full time job.Genetics help too....Tamra's mom is slim and short and doesn't work out. Just sayin'! But I do get your point and if Grandma Tamra inspires you to exercise then I applaude you! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, smores said:

I do not condone violence in any way.  That said, we didn't see the argument between Kelly and Tamra and we didn't see the push.  I could see not being all that upset with Tamra pushing Kelly if Kelly was all up in her face and talking shit to her and Tamra was trying to get away from the situation.  Tamra IS smaller than most of the women (she's just short, that's a face), and I can say that if I had people getting as close to my face and screaming as Vicki did with the "evil eye" rant, my instinct would be to push them away from me.  I realize Tamra did also get up in Vicki's face on the bus, so, they give and get, I'm just saying that Kelly is bigger than Tamra, and if she was in her face, blocking her and Tamra pushed her away from her, I wouldn't particularly have a huge issue with that. Of course, having not seen the footage, it's total speculation.

By all accounts, Shannon told Tamra what Kelly said  about her daughter and (drunk) Tamra then went screaming at Kelly and pushed her.

• Love 7

I think David is a good father and provider. In fact, one of the best on this whole show. He IS however, very cowardly, and it appears lets his mom, sister and now Shannon walk all over him. He wants to make everyone happy and in the process messed it all up. In the first season Shannon was on, didn't they show them sleeping in different beds? She tucks him in, and then does her own thing and goes to bed in her own room. (Now she is probably spending that time eating).. In any case, it doesn't seem like they ever had much of a sex life. My thinking is that if Shannon started having sex with David, even with her weight gain, he would be thrilled. He also doesn't seem like someone who is going to initiate, especially with Shannon, so it might be up to her. She has a lot of power, she just doesn't realize it. Right now, he's acting scared of her, and that isn't sexy. He needs to take some control over the situation instead of the silently standing in the corner like he usually does. He likes Shannon because she takes control and makes things happen-- he's sort of lame. Cute though.

I'm back to liking Vicki but I just can't stand Brianna. Her personality is blah, her life is boring, and all she is on the show is someone for VIcki to talk to and be Vicki. She's just a receiver for all that is Vicki. She showed up at the birthday party but we only saw her for 2 seconds-- she's only interesting when she's buffering Vicki. 

I also think it's interesting that no one has mentioned Heather. I just thought of her because of previous comments about eating the bow-- that is, a random friend of is more talked about than Heather. In any case, I'm not mentioning her again. I'm so glad she is gone.

When Lydia was voicing frustrations about her husband, and she was trying to push him to make decisions about the magazine, he seemed like he had no idea what was going on. Lydia says, "I wish he would grow some balls!" but really, that's code for, "I wish he would catch on to my story I'm trying to play out." Her husband just did not seem to have any idea what was going on. I agree that it was staged. They may own the magazine, but they have nothing to do with it. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Kelly went after Tamra, Heather and Shannon right out of the newbie gate last season. She was all about defending Vicki's honor before she ever met any of the others or hearing their side of the argument. IMO, Kelly did everything she could do/say to antagonize them, not the other way around. Kelly is wacked/sick/scary nasty, far beyond any other HW throughout the entire franchise. 

As for the bus, Kelly started attacking the others first, she went below the belt to do it as well. Hell, she even outed Vicki for not defending her! LOL

And I disagree. I find Kelly reactive and when she's pushed she reacts hard.

3 hours ago, smores said:

I do not condone violence in any way.  That said, we didn't see the argument between Kelly and Tamra and we didn't see the push.  I could see not being all that upset with Tamra pushing Kelly if Kelly was all up in her face and talking shit to her and Tamra was trying to get away from the situation.  

From the combo of voice-over during the incident and later discussions, I believe hysterical out-of-control Tams moved on Kelly not the other way around.

1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

By all accounts, Shannon told Tamra what Kelly said  about her daughter and (drunk) Tamra then went screaming at Kelly and pushed her.

Or what PhilMarlow2 said. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, sarivon said:

Kelly is MAJOR low life POS trash - what a PATHETIC ignorant loser. She's SO ugly - outside and inside.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think these women are pretty well aware they need to lose weight. Brianna has had serious health issues that are likely really impacting HER ability to do so. Going by current pics, Shannon HAS done so. 

Brianna will always be FAT. Shannon will NEVER be her ideal weight.

If Brianna has Lupus then she will probably always struggle as Lupus is an energy zapper. When you feel like crap, have no energy, sometimes a little snack is your only pick-me-up. In any case, I think that combined with the meds she is on makes it really hard to have a clear mind and body to lose weight if she's constantly managing pain. Shannon however seems to, despite her cries, sort of enjoy being overweight. I think it protects her in a way and that way she doesn't have to try to compete with the other women-- her attention is, hey, I'm fat! Feel bad for me and stop being cute and skinny. Clever really.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ITALIA said:

Brianna will always be FAT. Shannon will NEVER be her ideal weight.

First of all, Shannon already lost her weight. Lol

And Brianna use to be skinny in season one and two.

so there!

• Love 11
19 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

If Brianna has Lupus then she will probably always struggle as Lupus is an energy zapper. When you feel like crap, have no energy, sometimes a little snack is your only pick-me-up. In any case, I think that combined with the meds she is on makes it really hard to have a clear mind and body to lose weight if she's constantly managing pain. Shannon however seems to, despite her cries, sort of enjoy being overweight. I think it protects her in a way and that way she doesn't have to try to compete with the other women-- her attention is, hey, I'm fat! Feel bad for me and stop being cute and skinny. Clever really.

i have an excellent nutritionist/dietitian who has had lupus 20+ yrs.   she says she must maintain her weight because being overweight exacerbates the lupus.  both brianna and shannon could certainly benefit from her expertise. 

• Love 2

Since we're on the topic of weight, I can sympathise with Shannon because I understand her situation. Weight gain will make you feel like crap regardless of cause. I recently started having my own issue but in the opposite direction. About eight months ago I started dropping like crazy for no good reason whatsoever (try to watch calories regularly but the weight loss was abnormal). Anyhoo, after going to the Dr for other symptoms found out that I contracted an intestinal parasite. People at work were commenting on it and asking what diet I was on. I just said calories were being cut because it sounds less disgusting then "I have a parasite sucking all of my nutrients and calories."

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Since we're on the topic of weight, I can sympathise with Shannon because I understand her situation. Weight gain will make you feel like crap regardless of cause. I recently started having my own issue but in the opposite direction. About eight months ago I started dropping like crazy for no good reason whatsoever (try to watch calories regularly but the weight loss was abnormal). Anyhoo, after going to the Dr for other symptoms found out that I contracted an intestinal parasite. People at work were commenting on it and asking what diet I was on. I just said calories were being cut because it sounds less disgusting then "I have a parasite sucking all of my nutrients and calories."

In colonial days, bottles of tapeworms were sold as a diet aid. No shit, I saw this at the "House on the Rock" in Wisconsin when I was a kid and it made me so sick I couldn't eat for months. 

43 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Yeah, this is why I only comment on someone's weight change if I know for a fact that they are trying to lose/gain.

• Love 3

I think Shannon was implying that her weight gain , especially in her midsection, was in part brought on by the increased cortisol caused by the Vicki-related stress. I can relate. Sometimes I operate in a state of anxiety and I find myself stress eating, and other times I'm so stressed that I can't eat at all. That's more rare for me though.  Seems like Shannon is the same way. She seems to have a lot of anxiety. Now if only I could channel that anxiety into exercise.  It's hard. She looks great now, so she's doing something right. Good for her.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, TexasGal said:

I can't stop laughing over this.  Vicki is totally Herman.

Herman Munster?

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I wrote a lot about covert incest on these OC boards a while back because I saw it in spades with both Tamra and Simon. Something about the relationship between Tamra and Ryan always seemed like there was a time when he was "the man of the house," and I personally suspect that a lot of the tension between him and Simon came from that role being taken from him. Also, the way we have seen Tamra emotionally unload on Ryan several times on the show, crying her crocodile tears, and then he has to comfort her, and I feel like it could only have been worse when she was younger, more unstable and single. We obviously don't see Simon on TV, but I have just always gotten the intuitive vibe that he did align with his daughter against Tamra, which is classic covert incest (confiding to the child about problems with the partner). Obviously none of this is conclusive proof, and mileage varies, but as someone who grew up in a home with covert incest, my alarm goes off like wildfire when it comes to the Barney clan.

I always thought there was something weird about Tamra and her son. Didn't his cousin(?) tell him something gross about her tramp stamp/crotch tattoo?

Shannon might be crazy and annoying some times, but she´s always a nice person underneath all that. She wouldn´t intentionally hurt anyone. That´s why I will always root for her over liars, mean girls and psychopaths like Lydia, Vicky and Kelly.

Lydia wonders why Tamara would be friends with someone like Shannon... Well I wonder why, knowing everything that happened with Vicky and Kelly last season(s), why is Lydia so eager and willing to cozy up to freaking Kelly, and fight Vicky´s fights (against Shannon of all people)?

I´m gonna state the obvious here as well: Lydia is a fake christian. Tamra is a much better christian than her. Tamra wants to be better and is growing (slowly) in the Lord, but Lydia is using her religion to mask her rotten side and as a party trick. She´s just a fake person, with a face and smile that should bother everyone.

Kelly is very sick. She is too crazy to hate.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 2