Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: Tequila-thon

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Tequila hasn't been my friend for almost 30 years....I can still remember the two day hangover after we broke up, but I still cannot remember the actual "reason" for the break-up, LOL!!!  

I think Sonja doesn't include wine drinking when she says she hasn't been drinking!  :-)

I was wondering if Bethenny was going to make Luann pay for the surfing lesson because Luann stiffed Bethenny for surfing lessons back in Season 1 (or 2...)!  

Rlmao!!!' That was my first thought!!!!

I will say B seems to enjoy traveling Lu quite a bit. I would have been with that group trying to get on the surf board.

• Love 13

Is anyone else always grossed out when Ramona sticks out her tongue and kind of licks her upper lip when she is /in general/ bragging about herself? Tonight it was after she smugly said the /sommelier but for tequila/ said she had a good pallet...  She does it a lot and it is both unintentionally obscene and just an obnoxious tick. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I will also need a gif of Ramona running down the beach with freshly blown-out hair. WTF? That was so weird and hilarious.

That scene cracked me up. It was so odd. It looked like Romana did not even know how to run. I loved Bethenny, Carole, and Sonja snarking on her.

I never need to her Romana speak about how she drinks tequila ever again. It is like she thought she was being so sexy, but it comes off as ridiculous. You know, kind of like her flirting tips to Tinsley.

I actually like Tinsley. She does seem stuck in her it girl days, but she does not seem mean spirited to me. I would get extremely irritated talking to Sonja as well, which would probably make me sound like Tinsley when dealing with her. Sometimes I get emotional in similar situations when I feel like I am not being heard or the person does not seem to get my point. Sonja's talking in circles would drive me crazy. When Sonja was talking to Romana she mentioned that she would be fine with Tinsley to moving out. She sure does not sound fine when Tinsley talks about moving out of the townhouse.

I liked this episode. It was light on the drama, and the drama that happened seemed to be over relatively quickly. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

Bethenny's turquoise bikini. Wow. It, and she, looked great.

I also thought Tinsley looked good on the tequila tour with her ponytail, skinny jeans, white top, and Keds. 

Also loved B's red swimsuit. Super flattering.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

After the last episode, I thought this was kind of meh for me. 

With all the hype that Beth has gone on about this Tequila tour, it all felt so touristy.  Nothing 'so' special and I would think given the entertainment, probably they give these tours and tastings regularly. 

Yeah -- why was Bethenny so worried about how Ramona would behave?  I expected the trip to be something like the meeting Heather had with her clients a few seasons back, where one of the ladies (I've forgotten who) was an embarrassment. 

There was no one for Bethenny  to impress so WTF? 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Same here.  I hate her voice, I hate that downturned mouth and the way she talks. 

I'm glad you said that because I was thinking the same thing.

I hate looking at Tinsley's mouth when she talks. It looks like she's ready to take a bite out of something. Perhaps if I liked her more, I wouldn't care. Come to think of it, Carole's lips don't cover her big veneers and they bother me too. But I don't like Carole either.

• Love 5

I enjoyed this episode, a little, okay a lot of @ss kissing by Ramona, but that's okay. Bethenny pleading she say nothing in Tequila, was OTT.

Otherwise it was pretty good. 

Carole, she has to be crude, circle jerk, okay they can Google it, no need to bring it up( again) at dinner. Then butt plugs while they drank tequila, strange woman.

I do remember when Mario left Ramona, she said the sex was good, so, 3/4 times a week, I believe her. There are other reasons men leave. Luanne and Dorinda both have great bodies

Its so funny, doesn't everyone buy the same crap when they go to Mexico, it never looks the same, or as nice, when you get it home.LOL.

Hola!

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Yeah -- why was Bethenny so worried about how Ramona would behave?  I expected the trip to be something like the meeting Heather had with her clients a few seasons back, where one of the ladies (I've forgotten who) was an embarrassment. 

There was no one for Bethenny  to impress so WTF? 

I've said it numerous times, she's prone to exaggeration! ..?

• Love 10

After the shit show that was Monday's episode of RHOC, I enjoyed every minute of this RHONY episode. 

Wow, those flowers Scott sent to Tinsley were gorgeous! And I actually did believe that Scott sent them, unlike when Vicki G received flowers in Ireland. 

I loved that Sonja made Tinsley's 5 day long first date with Scott about herself. Something along the lines of Tinsley friend jumping once again. WTF does that even mean? Tins should not get so upset about the Page Six article. Anyone who knows Sonja would know that she is exhausting to be around, let alone live with. Most likely think Tins deserves a medal for lasting this long. I know I do.

When Ramona was handing out the bags she bought the ladies all I could think of was the Oprah show where she announced "You get a car! You get a car! You get a car!". I hope they all thanked Lu, who actually bought the bags. 

Lu is just so much more fun without Tom around. Or even mentioned for the most part. I miss this Lu. 

• Love 20
Just now, F. M. said:

But she did make it sound like this HUGE trip, with very important people. It was basically the same tour everyone gets, along with the tastings. LOL!

Skinny girl manipulation..?

You often go on tours that begin with helicopter rides? Cool.  How can I find those that are open to everyone? Lol. I'm sure if I called in they'd give me exactly the same treatment. 

Anyone who actually thought that Bethany was going to allow that group of women around the executives of that company  is,  wow.

But okay. 

• Love 16
(edited)
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Ask the concerige at the Punta Mita Four Seasons.

Bingo!

Before your private helicopter whisks you back to the Resort, visit the reserve vault, or cava, to savour a digestif of top-of-the-line aged tequila served straight from the barrel.

As I said upthread.. Thanks for the link.

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 19

I know Ramona would probably give her implants and Avery to stay on this show so she'd never do it, but I soooo wanted her to respond to Bethenny's tearful pleas to be nice at the tequila tour with a flat, "I'm not interested in your waterworks." and just go have a spa day.

• Love 11

You could tell just by looking at Bethanny's face when Ramona said if B got a tattoo it would be the Skinny Girl logo that (a) it totally would have been; and (b) now that Ramona said it she can't do it - dammit! 

• Love 17
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I don't know if she is trying to be wry and funny, but it just doesn't come across well to me.

Nor me. I do think she's trying to be funny, but she's trying way too hard. And she just comes off ignorant to me. I generally don't mind Carole, but stop laughing so hard at your own, failed jokes. 

6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I loved that Sonja made Tinsley's 5 day long first date with Scott about herself. Something along the lines of Tinsley friend jumping once again. WTF does that even mean?

I didn't get what she meant either. Is there a problem that Tinsley is now hanging with Carole and HER friends? Because Sonja made it very clear that Tinsley didn't need to go to every function Sonja did. Plus, Sonja mentioned Tinsley "not coming home" in sort of a pearl clutching way. And we all know Sonja hasn't come home many a night. 

• Love 13

I don't buy Sonja's story about Mario and Ramona having sex every night.  She did make me wonder if they had engaged in a threesome at some point (yes, YUCK!) because she sure was salivating over Mario's six pack and prowess.  I can't imagine Ramona sharing anything, especially Mario, though.  Her  comments made me think that if there was no threesome, maybe there was some Mario/Sonja going on from time to time.  If Mario had asked Sonja to be his main squeeze, she would have gladly knocked Ramona over to get to him, good friend that she is.

I can't blame her on a superficial level.  He is a jerk, but I certainly found him very attractive.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, film noire said:

She did make me laugh when she described Pensive Ramona -- on the beach, extensions flying in the wind, stoic in the face of her solitude -- as "Princess Diana at the Taj Mahal". 

Best line of the episode!

Too bad the cameras weren't closer, so they could memorialize Ramona's funbags flopping in the wind during her s****** beach run.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Can someone with knowledge of the UES and their peculiar rankings of "scandal" explain this Tinsley is a Bad House Guest drama?  Is being denounced as a "bad" house guest really Page 6 worthy?  Is it more damaging to one's social status than, oh I don't know... being arrested? Why is Tinsley so upset that she's being labeled as an inconsiderate roomy?  Is she planning on couch surfing her way across Manhattan for the rest of her life?  Will her Craig's List or Yelp or Uber ratings be affected by this slanderous accusation? Will the ghost of Emily Post put a curse upon Tinsley and all her relatives for her transgressions? Lu and Bethenny (to name a few) have had much more deeply personal and emotionally traumatic items published over the years...and Tinsley Mortimor is now Tinsley Mortified because some jealous, drunken, Grey Gardens denizen is Norma Desmond-ing how one should behave in one's friend's moldy, plumbing challenged crumbling townhouse?  And exactly what does Sonja expect from her house guests?  A gift every day?  Fresh flowers brought in thrice a week? Breakfast in bed for herself and whatever rando she dragged home from Boutique at 4am? 

I await your expertise and enlightenment, dear readers (but, full disclosure- please do not expect a new straw bag as a thank you present for your input)

I had to quote this post, simply because it made me laugh so hard. 

Tinsely is being quite OTT in her reaction, IMO. But....I don't think it's just about WHAT was printed. I think it's that ANYTHING was printed. Post-Palm Beach scandal, I think she's trying to lay low and get a break from being in the press, in general. So, to have her friend supposedly put her back out there to be scrutinized probably felt like a very real betrayal to her. Plus, the way it's written, it seems like it had to have come from Sonja in some way, shape, or form. And Tinsley is probably asking the very questions you just did - just WHAT do I have to do in order to be considered a good houseguest???

• Love 17

Hot Damn!  What a life these ladies live!

That helicopter ride was everything.  As I was watching I realized I had a HUGE grin on my face.  What a life!

The other thing that made me grin was WTF did Sonja do to her lipstick (I think it was the dinner before the Tequila trip)?  She looked like the joker.  It was smeared into the corners of her lips and cracked me up the whole time.  Someone gif that for me!  LOL

• Love 10
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

After the last episode, I thought this was kind of meh for me. 

With all the hype that Beth has gone on about this Tequila tour, it all felt so touristy.  Nothing 'so' special and I would think given the entertainment, probably they give these tours and tastings regularly. 

Beautiful flowers.

The tequila tour was BORING. Beth knew it too, her corkscrewed glee about a 65% alcohol mass and pushing the liquor on the women was strange, she needed to push it.

I liked Tins coupon man right off the bat because he showed concern about her losing her wedding ring in the bar, that was kindness and protective .  But overdoing it on the flowers and the commercial for coupon cabin held a whiff of being in it for the season for press, gay for the stay as they say in prison! Please let him be genuine I like him!!!! 

7 hours ago, F. M. said:

I

Its so funny, doesn't everyone buy the same crap when they go to Mexico, it never looks the same, or as nice, when you get it home.LOL.

Hola!

Those straw bags were wretched and all I thought about was dust, mites, germs, and cockroaches who laid their eggs in them! Aaaccck! 

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

On a random note what was the reason Bethanny stopped her one on one with Ramona to crawl up on the countertop to show off her shoes? If not why?

Attention and to showcase them on the links where she lists what she wears, she is such a caricature of her self. She's an interesting mix of it being all about her, no boundaries all arrrested development or reined in and shilling for her brand. One or the other, with B. 

Also, I giggled at Bethenny bragging about her baller status with helicopters. Helicopter tours are a dime a dozen in PV! C'mon. Lame. 

• Love 5
(edited)

These bitches can handle their liquor.  I can do maybe a couple margaritas but no way could I keep up on the tour.  As far as the tour itself,  I don't know what I was expecting but I thought it would be more authentic in some way.  It did look fun albeit very touristy with the dancers and such.  Ramona hitting her head on the helicopter and Beth just kind of shaking her head made me laugh.  Beth looks so much better in Mexico than she ever did in NYC.  The shopping trip was fun.  Poor Doris is always forgotten.  And Lu had to pay for her own bag.  At least they can laugh about it.

Bethany making fun of Ro's fake boobs is rich with the two watermelons she has attached to her chest.  For the most part though I think all these ladies look really great.

The sentiment was sweet, but flower arrangements Scott send Tinsely were obnoxious.  I hate those large bouquets, they remind me of a funeral.

Lu is a true bad ass for wiping out as bad as she did on the concrete and still getting up for yoga and surfing.  She's a trooper.  It was funny when Dorinda said she was sore from yoga and someone said actually it was probably the surfing and she's like oh, yeah.  Oh Doris.

I don't believe for a second Ramona and Mario were doing it every night and not even 3-4 times a week.  I just do not see that being true in any way.

Loved loved loved the episode!  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, F. M. said:

she did make it sound like this HUGE trip, with very important people. It was basically the same tour everyone gets, along with the tastings. LOL!

I thought the same thing!  Bethany was acting even more manic than usual heaping praise on herself and how amazingly amazing all of it was.  Don't get me wrong, it did look fun, but what was the big deal??  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I know they've both had their boobs done, and I know opinions vary, but I think Beth's fit her body MUCH better than Ramona's.  When B was sitting in the hot tub in her bikini, I didn't have to second glance at her chest. It looked fairly normal to me. Ramona's boobs are anything but normal. When she was standing around, talking, in HER bikini; I couldn't take my eyes off those things! They are massive and do NOT suit her body at all, IMO. 

Yes to all of this. I also think it has something to do with the fact that Ramona's boobs are ALWAYS out. Always. She never puts them away. And then there is her posture - the way she kind of always leads with her chest. And they completely changed the look of her frame. IMO they make her look completely ridiculous in whatever frock she is wearing. She seems to be obsessed with her own breasts, which is such an odd thing to witness in general. 

• Love 16
(edited)
8 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

When Ramona was handing out the bags she bought the ladies all I could think of was the Oprah show where she announced "You get a car! You get a car! You get a car!". I hope they all thanked Lu, who actually bought the bags. 

Did she pay $60 for each of those bags or 60 pesos?  Because they were maybe worth 60 pesos, but no way $60.  

Those embroidered dresses were the shit though.  I don't think they ever said how much those cost.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 7