Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: Tequila-thon

• Start Topic

Bethenny mentioned that her team worked hard on setting up the Tequila trip...finding a rental house (which production most likely did so it would work for filming purposes) then looked on line for a tequila distillery tour and bought tickets, add a helicopter flight and that's working hard?  The Tequila distillery obviously hosts tours on the regular, they had the costumed people in place like the always do.  I was under the impression that this was what Skinny Girl was using in their drinks.

This trip was definitely hosted by Bethenny so I am not sure why Ramona said otherwise and yelled at Lu for thanking Beth.

The heart bags looked itchy.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, F. M. said:

But she did make it sound like this HUGE trip, with very important people. It was basically the same tour everyone gets, along with the tastings. LOL!

I highly doubt they had the same tour that everyone gets. Of course we all know that we only saw a very small part of the their day. And there would be areas of production in the facility that a camera crew would not get to capture for a variety of reasons. I have a relative who is a big shot in the Bourbon business. When we took the tour it was not what the regular tourists see. Some of it was, but a lot of it was not. And we had to give up our cell phones so that no pictures could be taken of the behind the scenes stuff that we got to experience.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

think Beth's fit her body MUCH better than Ramona's.

I think because Beth is so petite her boobs just look like two large, perfectly round water balloons on her chest.  I don't think they fit in with her body at all.  Ramona does always have her boobs out and they are too big in my opinion, but I think they are more proportional to her body.  I think she should not have gone so big because it makes her look larger all around, and she actually has a great body.  But to me they don't look like two bolt-ons like Beth's.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, mostlylurking said:

I think because Beth is so petite her boobs just look like two large, perfectly round water balloons on her chest.  I don't think they fit in with her body at all.  Ramona does always have her boobs out and they are too big in my opinion, but I think they are more proportional to her body.  I think she should not have gone so big because it makes her look larger all around, and she actually has a great body.  But to me they don't look like two bolt-ons like Beth's.

I agree, those two globes on Bethenny look so funny. She's thin, and they just seem so wrong on her chest.( bolt ons) LOL,

• Love 19
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I can't believe they go all the way to Mexico and Bethenny insists on serving her Skinnygirl swill.  It would be like going to a beautiful vacation surrounded by orange groves and bringing Tang for breakfast. 

I agree...I mean, seriously - where was the Don Julio, 1800 or Clase Azul?  Those are good tequilas!  

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I highly doubt they had the same tour that everyone gets. Of course we all know that we only saw a very small part of the their day. And there would be areas of production in the facility that a camera crew would not get to capture for a variety of reasons. I have a relative who is a big shot in the Bourbon business. When we took the tour it was not what the regular tourists see. Some of it was, but a lot of it was not. And we had to give up our cell phones so that no pictures could be taken of the behind the scenes stuff that we got to experience.

It wasn't a lot different! That much I really do think, of course Bravo added something, Tequila gets free tourism time.

• Love 2

When Ramona was doing her prancing, posing and parading all by herself on the beach, did anyone else think that Ramona spotted a paparazzi lurking somewhere near the villa, and wanted to "casually" let them take her photo?  

That was my first thought, and then, of course, it led me to remember the Kelly Bensimon photo shoot during Scary Island, where Kelly was playing at photographer, and yelling at Alex "Johann-face, Johann-face!!!" - whatever the hell that meant!   ;-)

• Love 18
12 hours ago, Wendy said:

There is no way that Mario was banging Ramona every day, no way. 

I bet when Sonja stayed at Ramona's Hamptons house Ramona was pulling a Meg Ryan moment every night. 

I will show myself out :) 

well,...maybe not Ramona,...

• Love 23
26 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

well,...maybe not Ramona,...

Right??? Didn't he get caught with the mistress IN their Hampton's home? I was thinking, "That wasn't necessarily Ramona on the other side of that wall.",

• Love 20
35 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

When Ramona was doing her prancing, posing and parading all by herself on the beach, did anyone else think that Ramona spotted a paparazzi lurking somewhere near the villa, and wanted to "casually" let them take her photo?  

That was my first thought, and then, of course, it led me to remember the Kelly Bensimon photo shoot during Scary Island, where Kelly was playing at photographer, and yelling at Alex "Johann-face, Johann-face!!!" - whatever the hell that meant!   ;-)

I thought she was doing her own re-enactment of Bo Derek in the movie 10. In her own mind I'm sure she thinks that she's an 11!! 

• Love 22
13 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

"This time I don't want my MTV."

Dorinda is the best.

BWAHH!  Thank you! I KNEW there was something in particular that Dorinda said last night that slayed me - and THAT was it.  Ramona was TOTALLY channeling Randee of the Redwoods from MTV!

9 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Because it's on TV? Because from what I've read it's in her contract to promote it. Because Ramona is a jealous hag who has gleefully disparaged Skinny Girl at parties this season every chance she gets? Because Bethany looks actually really happy at her accomplishments? Because Ramona is a sociopath who has gone out of her way to embarrass her supposed BFF Sonja multiple times,  and she doesn't hate Sonja..

It doesn't seem confusing or like it isn't a big deal.  These types of contracts that CEOs/owners have with companies to buy them out come with clauses and millions of dollars for her at this point to be a spokesperson. 

Because she said it was important.

I know people hate Bethany,  but we know Hoppy isn't supporting their kid, you'd think people who hate her wouldn't take pleasure in the idea of her financially failing,  for that reason alone. 

Yeah, with her multi millions in the bank, I don't think there is ANY chance of Bethanny "financially failing" at this point.  At this juncture - save Beth doing something REALLY dumb with her investments - Brynn's grandchildren will be secure.

Bethenny telling Ramona to be a nice/better person was HI-larious.  I mean, yea, true, Ramona is the worst -- but B, honey, ya ain't that far behind her in the "people that you can only merely tolerate to be around" category. 

The helicopter ride to the Tequila plant was cool, but the tour itself was VERY reminiscent of the tequila tour that we mere Non-Tequila Moguls did last year in Cozumel - the dancers, the whole 9 yards! It's definitely fun -- but it didn't look super VIP or exclusive to me (at least from what they showed).

What is strange, though, is that I am not a big drinker - and I rarely drink tequila or any hard liquor - but we sampled at LEAST 7 or 8 types of tequila - and we were barely buzzed. So, while YES, some of the wives are "drinking pros" - there might be something to the fact that the samples they serve are either not as "potent" as what we normally think of tequila or... maybe they water them down a lot for tourists.?     

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Right??? Didn't he get caught with the mistress IN their Hampton's home? I was thinking, "That wasn't necessarily Ramona on the other side of that wall.",

Lol...might even have been Sonja ...

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Honestly, if Luann has had work done, I can't even tell, and I'm always the first to point it out.  I kind of think she's a goddess.  

If you have a good surgeon, you won't be able to tell because they don't over-do it. Luann needs to give his/her card to her fellow h'wives. 

• Love 16

Ramona is looking and acting old.  The way she has been walking, like an old woman, and the s****** way she entered the pool at the resort made her look like an 80 year old,  As for the running on the beach, she knew the Bravo cameras were there and was trying the Bo Derek run (runs like an old lady, too) to pull their attention away from the ladies in the hot tub/spa.  That running along the beach was ridiculous. I'm surprised she didn't come back with two black eyes from the giant flotation devices she calls breasts.  She just looked so matronly in that bathing suit. It's too bad nobody can get her to see that her store bought boobs do not make her look sexy - they make her look like my grandmother!   

And Sonja... Can anyone reason with her?

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

She claims her ass is by God, too bad the face is by Universal Studios 

2B4A49D000000578-0-image-m-71_1439356308

In this particular photo she reminds me of Lydia from RHOC !!

22 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Only in your own mind. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Bethenny telling Ramona to be a nice/better person was HI-larious.  I mean, yea, true, Ramona is the worst -- but B, honey, ya ain't that far behind her in the "people that you can only merely tolerate to be around" category. 

I don't see this at all. Maybe it is because they are afraid of her, or think she has some stroke with Bravo/Andy, but the others seem to do more than tolerate Bethenny. They seem to seek her out and enjoy being around her. Even the ones she has had issues with seem to enjoy being with her.

• Love 16

That rope sing looked like so much fun when Carole tried it and like an accident waiting to happen when Dorinda tried it.   

I hate tequila so I would have just pissed off Beth got some screen time let her uninvite me and boom I secured my apple 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth: Literally, it's the crack of the morning. We're up at the crack of your ass.

Come on, Beth. You can do better than that, can't you?

Yes, and she'd be the first one belittling someone for coming in squawking during a yoga session. I loved that the instructor didn't even look up. That DID look like an incredible trip, though. I think it's the best one on any of the howives shows.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, bagatelle said:

I'm glad you said that because I was thinking the same thing.

I hate looking at Tinsley's mouth when she talks. It looks like she's ready to take a bite out of something. Perhaps if I liked her more, I wouldn't care. Come to think of it, Carole's lips don't cover her big veneers and they bother me too. But I don't like Carole either.

Those are features that people can't help.  We all have those.

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

On a random note what was the reason Bethanny stopped her one on one with Ramona to crawl up on the countertop to show off her shoes? If not why?

I believe she was getting drink glasses down.

• Love 12
(edited)
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Gotta love the little boys' reactions to these shrill, screeching broads. 

And the way the waiter politely says, "Okay," when Beth proudly tells him, "That's for each person: a different drinking buddy."

Yes--the man giving them the tequila and explaining about them also completely ignored SkinnyCow's crass, "It means we're going to get f*d up!" Ugh. And the little boy with the flowers did the same thing when she aggressively barked, "Muchas gracias" (twice)  and impatiently stood there for a "de nada." FAIL. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

Fun episode but....

I HATED the dancing horse and the two sweet little Mexican boys that were made to hand out flowers to the rich American tourist ladies. Sickening.

This is how Mexico make money, from tourists that think they are special..

9 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Those are features that people can't help.  We all have those.

I believe she was getting drink glasses down.

They were just going to bed, she needed them all to go to bed early..

42 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

giphy.gif

Yes, she is!

Beauty!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

But is it me, or does watching these ladies every week seem like pulling on an old, comfortable flannel nightgown?  

I agree with this so much.  As a matter of fact, I was feeling sad last night that the season is almost over.  With the exception of Ramona, this group really clicks.

I also get the comfortable flannel nightgown feeling when watching holiday shows of old sitcoms I loved.

• Love 17

Every time Tinsley gets upset and yells at someone, her mannerisms remind me of a high schooler.   I can't hear, but it looks like she gets very whiny when she's upset.

I wonder if the reason Sonja's lipstick was smeared because she was trying to kiss all the women.

As to why Bethany served the SkinnyGirl drink when tasting tequila, she's there to promote the brand.  It was some name like Sweet and Tart, and honestly, I would try a pre-made drink that had that flavor profile.  I just think it's really obvious why she advertises the brand when she's also serving obviously superior tasting alcohol.

Ramona has so destroyed her looks.  She thinks she looks young and fresh, but she went too far.  She just looks like every other 60 year old woman with poorly done/excessively done plastic surgery.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Yes, there have been petty fights and tears constantly this season per the usual script.  But is it me, or does watching these ladies every week seem like pulling on an old, comfortable flannel nightgown?  I can enjoy loving to hate a couple of them but it is not the kind of "hate" I have for some of the Orange County ladies.  Who have been a struggle to watch...no joy, not many laughs; I have given up on it.

100% for me. In a weird way, I'm always grateful to this particular crew because I just sit there and enjoy them. The one who annoys me the most is Ramona and even she has her good moments. RHONY is a wonderful distraction and I root for all of them. I like this year's cast a lot.

• Love 24
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I also don't get Beth's concern about Ro's behavior on this half day trip because of her concern of how her 'partners' might interpret her behavior.  Um.  If you're so concerned about your partners, why did you recently post an instagram of yourself doing some Elaine inspired want to be sexy dancing and then stand on your head while wearing a dress and reveal your 'jock' strap.  That says more about you than any guest you may have taken on the 'tourist' tour of a Beam Suntory refinery.

I think it's ok for Beth to have a personal life and still expect her friends to behave on a business trip.  My god, no way would I have allowed Ramona to go.

• Love 19

I thought the bigger flower arrangement was from Scott to Tinsley, and the smaller one was from Adam to Carole?  Carole was reading the card.  Why would someone send two flower arrangements at the same time to the same person? 

The tequila tour was super cheesy and touristy.  Literally, the vans SAID "Tequila Tour," on them.  So either there was a lot we didn't see, where Bethenny was actually interacting with important people who supply her tequila for Skinny Girl, or she made it out to be a much bigger deal than it really was.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

Every time Tinsley gets upset and yells at someone, her mannerisms remind me of a high schooler.   I can't hear, but it looks like she gets very whiny when she's upset.

High schooler is being generous :-) She's more like a 5 year old

anigif_enhanced-4125-1392116778-25.gif?d

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I know they've both had their boobs done, and I know opinions vary, but I think Beth's fit her body MUCH better than Ramona's.  When B was sitting in the hot tub in her bikini, I didn't have to second glance at her chest. It looked fairly normal to me. Ramona's boobs are anything but normal. When she was standing around, talking, in HER bikini; I couldn't take my eyes off those things! They are massive and do NOT suit her body at all, IMO. 

They make her look heavy, especially with her thick middle.  

• Love 17

Yes to all of this. I also think it has something to do with the fact that Ramona's boobs are ALWAYS out. Always. She never puts them away. And then there is her posture - the way she kind of always leads with her chest. And they completely changed the look of her frame. IMO they make her look completely ridiculous in whatever frock she is wearing. She seems to be obsessed with her own breasts, which is such an odd thing to witness in general. 

I agree Ramona's body shape is just off somehow.  There was a scene when they were arriving in the market/shopping area and you could see someone in a red dress with big floppy hat, kind of large rear and large stomach, walking funny like an old lady and I was like WHO is that??  It was Ramona.  She kind of has this limp or waddle walk that looks very old ladyish.  I think the boobs make her look heavy.  She probably can't properly walk with them.  Go back a few years to Turtle Time, she was smaller and shapelier.  Granted she IS aging.  So the attempts at the the sex kitten look really does have to stop.

Re: Her and Mario banging - this convo to me seems like a total set up.  Like Sonja was like "I will say to the cameras how much you were having sex, like my eyewitness account, I got your back Ro! wink wink".  Also it could be intended to bother his mistress (ie. he was still banging me at the same time as you).  No one really cares.  Mario is a cad.  

I agree Luanne always looks good no matter what.  Even when they were walking through the airport, everyone else looked shlumpy, slightly disheveled, struggling carrying their bags.  Not Luanne, she was walking tall, put together, no hunching over dragging bags.   Perfect outfit, perfect posture, she always comes out great LOL. 

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

thought the bigger flower arrangement was from Scott to Tinsley, and the smaller one was from Adam to Carole?  Carole was reading the card.  Why would someone send two flower arrangements at the same time to the same person? 

I thought that Scott sent one to Carole as well. They are good friends. 

• Love 10

I guess it says a lot about my 59-year-old body that I didn't think Ramona looked bad running down the beach.  I have to wear fluffy tankini type suits and even then I am self-conscious!  lol

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

I thought the bigger flower arrangement was from Scott to Tinsley, and the smaller one was from Adam to Carole?  Carole was reading the card.  Why would someone send two flower arrangements at the same time to the same person? 

If Adam had sent the flowers Carole most certainly would have let everyone know.

• Love 3

I can't see Sonja letting anyone stay in her falling-down digs for free - whatever Tinsley's paying, it's too much, but the situation is likely just a storyline anyway.

Sonja,

The darker eyebrows are making you look as crazy as you are.   Reminds me of the mom in the movie Sybil.

Just now, nexxie said:

I can't see Sonja letting anyone stay in her falling-down digs for free - whatever Tinsley's paying, it's too much, but the situation is likely just a storyline anyway.

I can't see anyone wanting to stay there. Its gross.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

The tequila tour was super cheesy and touristy.  Literally, the vans SAID "Tequila Tour," on them.  So either there was a lot we didn't see, where Bethenny was actually interacting with important people who supply her tequila for Skinny Girl, or she made it out to be a much bigger deal than it really was.

My take is that Scott and Adam were probably hanging out lamenting on the fact that their gals were on a tequila tour in Mexico and a lightbulb went off. Let's send them flowers. Scott could afford to send a bigger arrangement to Tins but that was nice for Adam to step up and send some to Carole as well. Let the girls both know that they were missed. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Exactly!  We only saw a small portion.  Maybe the partners didn't want to be filmed?

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I guess it says a lot about my 59-year-old body that I didn't think Ramona looked bad running down the beach.  I have to wear fluffy tankini type suits and even then I am self-conscious!  lol

At our ages we are all self conscious no matter what our sizes are. I'm a size 00 and still can't rid of that annoying belly fat that Will. Not. Go. Away. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Atlanta said:

If you have a good surgeon, you won't be able to tell because they don't over-do it. Luann needs to give his/her card to her fellow h'wives. 

It's too late for Ramona.  ?

1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Ramona is looking and acting old.  The way she has been walking, like an old woman, and the s****** way she entered the pool at the resort made her look like an 80 year old,  As for the running on the beach, she knew the Bravo cameras were there and was trying the Bo Derek run (runs like an old lady, too) to pull their attention away from the ladies in the hot tub/spa.  That running along the beach was ridiculous. I'm surprised she didn't come back with two black eyes from the giant flotation devices she calls breasts.  She just looked so matronly in that bathing suit. It's too bad nobody can get her to see that her store bought boobs do not make her look sexy - they make her look like my grandmother!   

If Ramona would give up the super high heels and the sexy dresses, she would actually look so much younger.  Tinsley looked the best on the SG trip, and Ramona could have pulled that look of cute top/jeans/converse off just fine.  She dresses like an old church lady.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Best line of the episode!

Too bad the cameras weren't closer, so they could memorialize Ramona's funbags flopping in the wind during her s****** beach run.

Nah. They wouldn't have moved.

• Love 4

I haven't watched this show in years, so I really don't know who Tinsley is ... but a bunch of friends and I just found out that she is currently dating Scott.  We went to high school (and were friends) with him, though we lost touch once he started making money hand over fist and became a bit too cool for school.  This is all so hilarious.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, film noire said:

I did like the women surfing, and I think it would be great next season if they sent them on an Outward Bound mission. Fifteen days tramping through Alaska, carrying their lives and history with each other on their backs, watching the booze dwindle and their rage increase -- a Bear Grylls meets the Donner party atmosphere -- we've seen them in luxury, let's see what happens when they're shitting behind trees and fighting over wild berries for dinner.

I would die to see Dorinda in Alaska.  Would love it.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I await your expertise and enlightenment, dear readers (but, full disclosure- please do not expect a new straw bag as a thank you present for your input)

I kind of want one.  Those women sold them well.  I kind of think it's a nice idea to bring the person you're staying with a gift.  But I don't want to delve into the "debate".  Sonja is crazy and a mean host.  So I won't get into it.  But, damn Tinsley if you want the stories to stop why not just buy the gift and be done with it?  I go along with my older brother's advice: "I never want to owe anyone anything."

• Love 8
10 hours ago, film noire said:

did like the women surfing, and I think it would be great next season if they sent them on an Outward Bound mission. Fifteen days tramping through Alaska, carrying their lives and history with each other on their backs, watching the booze dwindle and their rage increase -- a Bear Grylls meets the Donner party atmosphere -- we've seen them in luxury, let's see what happens when they're shitting behind trees and fighting over wild berries for dinner.

I would continue my hated U-verse subscription just to be able to watch this!!!

• Love 4