Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Perhaps the surprise was that he came up behind her? I still can’t get over those words !!

He came up behind her and touched her appropriately over the clothes?

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Her parents probably hinted to her that a courtship was coming and she was genuinely shocked because it wasn't the brother she wanted. 

Maybe she mixed him up with Jeremiah?

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2018 at 5:06 PM, Natalie68 said:

I am curious how they are getting around the fact Sia does NOT have his whole heart!  He gave away pieces to Marj doncha know!  

Marjorie gave him back the pieces with a "No, thanks".

Aaaaannnnd .......Mechelle is missing a back muscle, so it's almost the same thing.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, sometimesy said:

HAHA, lonely fundy girls getting catfished by the twins and then find out they aren't in the queue yet.. but they have some old inventory (JD) or a slightly used floor model. 

Haha! Made me laugh! What happened to the "like" button after the update yesterday? I hope they didn't decide to get rid of it! "liking" posts is such a nice thing to be able to do (and I'm also shallow enough to get super excited to get a "like" as well lol)!

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha! Made me laugh! What happened to the "like" button after the update yesterday? I hope they didn't decide to get rid of it! "liking" posts is such a nice thing to be able to do (and I'm also shallow enough to get super excited to get a "like" as well lol)!

It’s all the way to the right now. They are working on it counting the likes again.

• Love 11
On 1/25/2018 at 9:58 AM, Abstract said:

As one who seriously considered getting into this myself and obsessively read everything I could find on the internet about it, I can say that yes, this is a pseudo-requirement. Young women are supposed to be “asleep” when it comes to romantic love. They’re supposed to be going about their business joyfully serving God and their families with no thoughts of love until suddenly a young man (who has chosen her based on his observation of her godly character) surprises her by asking to court her. 

Now, some of that has fallen by the wayside obviously, but the whole “I was so surprised” remains.

I think the ‘God drops your soulmate into your lap if you’re a girl’ is more universally ‘courtship based model’ than Gothard alone.  That’s how I was always taught, which I questioned when this was supposed to happen in a town of 5,000 when the churchgoers weren’t allowed any more racy socializing than church socials.  It also tends to result in a lot of shameless jockeying and campaigning on the part of the girls whenever a rare stranger male of marrying age is new in town/church.  I’ve seen chicks glue their chairs next to such a guy in Bible study and glare at anyone else who approaches.

• Love 14
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, Abstract said:

As one who seriously considered getting into this myself and obsessively read everything I could find on the internet about it, I can say that yes, this is a pseudo-requirement. Young women are supposed to be “asleep” when it comes to romantic love. They’re supposed to be going about their business joyfully serving God and their families with no thoughts of love until suddenly a young man (who has chosen her based on his observation of her godly character) surprises her by asking to court her. 

Now, some of that has fallen by the wayside obviously, but the whole “I was so surprised” remains.

Would you care to share what drew you to this way of life?

• Love 5
20 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Would you care to share what drew you to this way of life?

I have the kind of personality that latches onto things to get obsessed with.  I had fundie friends in college who had their act together way more than I did, and their courtships seemed much more romantic than me wondering when my long-term dating relationship was ever going to lead to a proposal. Then I was a bored underemployed newlywed far from home with an absentee husband, and the internet was just waiting there with all the blogs and websites and message boards and newsletters. I never ended up going whole hog with it, though.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Abstract said:

I have the kind of personality that latches onto things to get obsessed with.  I had fundie friends in college who had their act together way more than I did, and their courtships seemed much more romantic than me wondering when my long-term dating relationship was ever going to lead to a proposal. Then I was a bored underemployed newlywed far from home with an absentee husband, and the internet was just waiting there with all the blogs and websites and message boards and newsletters. I never ended up going whole hog with it, though.

Thank you for sharing!

• Love 4

Can one of you help me? I have lost my way to this TV show from the Forum page since the changes they made a few days ago. I clicked on this link from a 'like' I received. I miss reading your wonderful comments. What happened to 19K and Counting on the "#" section? It doesn't come up to select at all. Please remember I am not very computer literate and need things explained in regular language.

Thank you.

• Love 3

I see the 19 Kids page offered under the # listings. 

I would set up a subscription page and bookmark it. I have many pages set up on mine, but if you're having trouble with it, I'd set that up then bookmark forums.previouslytv.com (or save a link to the forums on your phone as an "app"). That link will automatically direct you straight to your subscription page as long as you're signed in. 

HTH!

57 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Can one of you help me? I have lost my way to this TV show from the Forum page since the changes they made a few days ago. I clicked on this link from a 'like' I received. I miss reading your wonderful comments. What happened to 19K and Counting on the "#" section? It doesn't come up to select at all. Please remember I am not very computer literate and need things explained in regular language.

Thank you.

I emailed Previously TV about this same thing yesterday.  They said there is a "bug" and they are trying to fix it.  I just checked, and it is still not listed under "#" in the forums, at least on my computer.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Thank you.

It's my understanding that if you had not put 19 Kids as part of your customized homepage--ie subscribed to it--since it is off the air it will not show up. Even with toggling to showing both shows. It is a bug and they're working on it. I have a feeling the other posters here have subscribed to it so it shows up on their customized home page. 

Many times, questions like those, especially after a server upgrade or migration or what have (and this was announced early in the week) there are many answers in the Site Business area. I am not given special information, I read it in the Bugs or elsewhere in Site Business. Also, check if there any pinned announcements that are at the top of every page, including the home page. Those will disappear in a little while.

Please note that the official mod note gold coloring is also being worked on, so the gold will be missing for a bit. 

• Love 1

Ha, I just clicked on "reply" to say the same thing happened to me (couldn't access the 19 Kids & Counting forum even when I clicked on "all"), and a quote I quoted a few months ago popped onto my reply screen.  Weird.  I removed the print, but couldn't remove the quote box. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Such an...unattractive couple. I don't see the appeal---girl run. Just run and run and don't stop.... 

I never thought a Duggar boy could look creepier than Josh; I was wrong. Si...just no. No.

All the Duggar men over the age of 18 and sons-in-law give me the creeps.

1 hour ago, awaken said:

As with the other couples, none of them have other/better prospects, or anything else to do, so why not. It’s about the best they can hope for. 

Sad but true. Marriage is the only way to make prison break to enjoy a few freedoms without the presence of their wardens and snitches 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, awaken said:

As with the other couples, none of them have other/better prospects, or anything else to do, so why not. It’s about the best they can hope for. 

I get that in Si's case, it's Lauren's case I don't buy. She is so young; though I know not in her world, but surely there is someone better---someone somewhere. Nearly anybody would be better than that---even a few of his brothers would have made a better choice. 

What does Si do again? I mean, to make money. 

• Love 1

According to his parents, he's a "businessman." That could be just about anything, while still under Boob's umbrella. Whatevs. These people can really sidestep details when they so choose, which is most of the time. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hopefully, although I read an article quoting Si singing the praises of Alert.

I agree. Out of all of them I think had the most individual personality which probably scared them to pieces. Hopefully he can unwind and didn’t take too much Alert to heart. Who knows? The new way of dressing may be his way of blending in.  It’s possible he was eating his feelings since there was such a drastic change in his looks. Hopefully his marriage is the right kind of escape and the bow ties will return. A girl can only hope. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

According to his parents, he's a "businessman." That could be just about anything, while still under Boob's umbrella. Whatevs. These people can really sidestep details when they so choose, which is most of the time. 

He probably sells crap on ebay and Amazon. Good money in it if you know what you are doing. Other than that he shows up at the used car lot when someone needs a potty break. (speculation)

• Love 5

This all just reeks of arranged marriage. Her father is a JB clone and has a similar mindset.  Of course JB would want a woman from a similar family to be a helpmeet to Si. And to do a little spying on him to keep him on the straight and narrow.  If Si really isn’t that into her, I predict a long and unhappy partnership. 

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, awaken said:

At some point we also saw him practicing for his truck driving license (CDL?).  Not sure if that was just for kicks, or he plans to do something with it. 

Does JB own a truck ? Because he won't be driving trucks for  somebody else , too much outside influence leads to independent thoughts . 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

This all just reeks of arranged marriage. Her father is a JB clone and has a similar mindset.  Of course JB would want a woman from a similar family to be a helpmeet to Si. And to do a little spying on him to keep him on the straight and narrow.  If Si really isn’t that into her, I predict a long and unhappy partnership. 

It really does and I actually feel the disinterest is mutual. When I watched the video I noticed Lauren started out with the adoring zombie gaze then towards the end her body language was restless and bored, even interrupting Si at one point when he was stumbling for words. I don't get any sense that she's attracted to him at all. Si, for his part, was parroting the appropriate Gothard phrases but came off like he was putting in work to make it convincing. They're Josh and Anna 2.0.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It really does and I actually feel the disinterest is mutual. When I watched the video I noticed Lauren started out with the adoring zombie gaze then towards the end her body language was restless and bored, even interrupting Si at one point when he was stumbling for words. I don't get any sense that she's attracted to him at all. Si, for his part, was parroting the appropriate Gothard phrases but came off like he was putting in work to make it convincing. They're Josh and Anna 2.0.

Josh and Anna seemed really into each other when they were young and courting (and especially while engaged!). It's the revelations about Josh and his stress about being responsible for a bigger and bigger family that have caused tension and disinterest. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Josh and Anna seemed really into each other when they were young and courting (and especially while engaged!). It's the revelations about Josh and his stress about being responsible for a bigger and bigger family that have caused tension and disinterest. 

I think Josh feels cheated in the same way Jill does . Both were promised this great love and marriage  if they just followed all the rules , and especially Josh after the molestation and Jesus probation saw it as his salvation in way . It's also clear that Josh would have been happy with 2 or 3 kids and be done with it while Anna drunk the Quiverfull kool aid .  

• Love 14

Lauren is Australian right? So she is going to move to another continent to be trapped with this psycho family.... poor thing. I get bad vibes from Josiah. Kind of like a David Waller type. Just that he might have a lot of pent up rage and anger . I hope not for her sake but I just get the willies from him. 

• Love 3