Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 1/19/2018 at 2:45 PM, BitterApple said:

Holy banana balls! It took me a second to realize it was Si in this picture and not Josh. Age is not going to be kind to him, that's for sure.

jdug.jpg

Omg. The duggar boys grow up so weird. They'e not cute at all

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

What college does Marjorie go to with #alltheengagements? I'm guessing she still runs in Fundy circles since the trend to marry these days is closer to 30 than 20.

College of the Ozarks, I think. If not that, definitely another Christian college in NWA. She can go home for lunch anytime she wants to, ie. she's close to home.

1 minute ago, Darknight said:

Omg. The duggar boys grow up so weird. They'e not cute at all

It's weird because Michelle's a pretty lady  despite the bad styling and Boob's not totally unfortunate looking despite his awful personality, yet for some reason their feautres don't blend well when it comes to making boys. Jil's probably the least attractive of the girls but still better looking than any of her brothers.

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

College of the Ozarks, I think. If not that, definitely another Christian college in NWA. She can go home for lunch anytime she wants to, ie. she's close to home.

If she's in NWA, she's probably at John Brown. C of O is near Branson, MO. She'd probably fit in at either place, though. (I've lived in NWA most of my life and spent a miserable 3 years surrounded by Duggar-lite people at C of O.)

Edited to add: The MRS degree was popular at C of O. I feel like I'm one of only a handful of people from my class there who is still single. 

Edited by Zella
clarity

Thanks @Zella! That's the correct college. I wrote CotO knowing that there was another option out there that was likely the correct one. 

She chooses to live in the dorms. She's soaking in the full college experience unlike the Bates girls who could have done the same but all lived at home while matriculating (aside from Erin and Tori after their weddings).

Yeah around here, the big 3 for a Christian college experience are John Brown in NWA, C of O, and then Evangel in Springfield. For what it's worth, I have noticed people who go to John Brown seem to be more likely to have enjoyed their college experiences than people who went to C of O or Evangel. I actually had a classmate at the University of Arkansas who was an atheist but still had fond memories of her time at John Brown. That was decidedly not the experience of the atheists I knew at C of O. 

That's good she is at least living in the dorms! I think she dodged a bullet getting out of the Duggar circus. 

18 minutes ago, Zella said:

That's good she is at least living in the dorms! I think she dodged a bullet getting out of the Duggar circus. 

That's an understatement! If she'd have married Josiah, she'd be living in the warehouse "apartment" and be pregnant with her second child now.

4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I bet she's too young and brainwashed to care. I wonder how many young fundies just hang around with the duggars, trying to get noticed. Nobody (except for Jill, Jessa, and Jinger) seems to just meet somebody on their own. Even with Jinger, Jeremy was hanging around the family quite a while before anyone knew who he was. It makes me wonder how many hangers-on they're dealing with constantly at their house. Idk, I would get tired of it if I had to constantly entertain a bunch of clueless fundie youth at my house all the time!

NONE of them met anyone on their own. Not Jill, Jessa, or Jinger.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thanks @Zella! That's the correct college. I wrote CotO knowing that there was another option out there that was likely the correct one. 

She chooses to live in the dorms. She's soaking in the full college experience unlike the Bates girls who could have done the same but all lived at home while matriculating (aside from Erin and Tori after their weddings).

I'm sure Kelly placed limits on them going to school. Didn't want the girls to be too independent. 

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's weird because Michelle's a pretty lady  despite the bad styling and Boob's not totally unfortunate looking despite his awful personality, yet for some reason their feautres don't blend well when it comes to making boys. Jil's probably the least attractive of the girls but still better looking than any of her brothers.

Of course, most of them are still fairly young...Smuggar may be a lost cause for a variety of reasons, but if he had an identical twin who left the cult, had actual integrity, ate right and exercised, he'd probably be OK looking. JD, meh...Joe, has a nice enough face which he could grow into. Maybe once they actually get to an age where the receding hairlines don't look quite so incongruous with those faces which manage to look 12 and 40 simultaneously, some of them might be reasonably attractive. Well, if they break free of the cult, anyway... It's not their actual features which are a problem as much as the total lack of personality and intelligence which they project. Had they grown up in other circumstances, by the time they really grew into their adult features they might look entirely different.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

And all those Howler Monkeys were the cutest boys ever. Puberty hits and they slide right into middle age.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, she can't be more than 18...19 in June if she was a honeymoon baby.

Found my own answer. She turns 19 in May according to Pickles.

It seems like SiRen have been "getting to know each other" since 2016. I fully expect them to pull a JoKen and get married shortly after her 19th birthday.

Unless I missed it, there weren’t any postings of Jana’s birthday celebration down under. Instead we got JB’s embarrassing announcement of “She’s still single!” And pictures of Jana the bag wrangler. To me, this ignoring of Jana speaks volumes.  We did get JD’s ratchet looking party pictures though. At least he got some recognition.  I don’t know why but from the annual pictures of them taken together on their birthday, I always assumed that they liked celebrating together. But that’s a lot to interpret from pictures, I know.  We’be been speculating that JD gave up his ticket to Si’s supposed new intended, but still....

If they are going to post these other events, why not post Jana’s birthday celebration, I unless it didn’t happen, which wouldn’t surprise me.

I don’t know why this bothers me so much. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What college does Marjorie go to with #alltheengagements? I'm guessing she still runs in Fundy circles since the trend to marry these days is closer to 30 than 20.

She goes to John Brown University in Siloam Springs. It's an interdenominational evangelical school that, I think, considered itself very fundy once upon a time but has since tried to shift more toward the conservative-evangelical but not fundie fundie end. Huckabee's wife and Joel Osteen's dad (the original) went there, among others. It has a pretty solid academic reputation, actually. .... Seems to me to pretty much fit what I imagine (but don't know for sure) is true of Marjorie's family -- they're sort of fundie-bordering-on-regular-evangelical. They and Marjorie seem a lot more open to hanging around a variety of people. And they certainly supported Marjorie's going to college and her ambitiousness with regard to her books and art and such. 

Did Boob pay for Laura Demasie's ticket in return for being the kid wrangler for the trip? I know he's a cheapskate but would the church would pay 2k for a babysitter's plane ticket when Boob and Michelle are perfectly capable of caring for their kids? 

Edited by Lunera
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well well well...that implies shotgun wedding unless she was a honeymoon premie baby. 

If so, what's up with all these fundies not practicing what they preach to their kids? Surely they expect their kids to be able to count backw...

Oh right, math is the work of Satan.

"We had sex before marriage, but you can only have hand sex once you are engaged"

I don't even know why I follow these people. The hypocrisy is infuriating. They got to know each other outside of the courting context. They've denied their children that and essentially hand picked their children's spouses.

And yes, Pickles has been wrong several times so she could be wrong on this.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

NONE of them met anyone on their own. Not Jill, Jessa, or Jinger.

I kind of meant like...Ben sought out Jessa, boob hooked up Derick and Jill, and Jessa hooked up Jeremy and Jinger. They didn't just come randomly hang around the TTH seeing if anyone would bite. That seems to be what Kendra did, since she reportedly was interested in one of the twins, and they "told" her to be interested in joe. That's likely what Lauren did, if she's been a family friend for so long, and what people like Nuri and even possibly the younger Caldwell sister are probably trying to do. For example, Bin was stupid to idolize a hot girl on tv, but he at least came there with the intent of meeting Jessa, which isn't that different in my opinion from something like online dating (you see someone you like and go for it). He didn't just try to ingratiate himself at the TTH hoping to catch just anyone's eye. 

• Love 1
On 1/19/2018 at 4:36 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

No a week, minimum. And, have Kim and Aggie from How Clean Is Your House? fame to shame them all for the idle and filthy beggars they are!

LOVED that show!  Another guilty pleasure was You Are What You Eat (LOVED Gillian).  I am thinking 2 crossovers.  They can be told how they are effing pigs and be taught how to clean (a little Mechelle shaming might not be bad) and Gillian can tell them they are powered by tater tots and how unhealthy they are.  It is a shame those kids aren't fed better and live in filth.  

21 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Lauren has been showing up to the TTH as well before then, correct? The Swansons were at Jinger's wedding.

Kind of premature to be signing Lauren and Josiah as autographs if they had only been courting since January 6th. That was all of 6 days. Granted the Forsyths were advertising Joy on their page well before anything was official.

Do we have official confirmation on Lauren's age? Her parents were married in September 1998.

Holy cow!  I have been married longer than they have!  I frankly don't think Si will be happy with this one either in the long run but whatever.  

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Did Boob pay for Laura Demasie's ticket in return for being the kid wrangler for the trip? I know he's a cheapskate but would the church would pay 2k for a babysitter's plane ticket when Boob and Michelle are perfectly capable of caring for their kids? 

Laura is 32-years-old.  The Duggars couldn't leave her home unchaperoned!  What were you thinking?  That's just not possible.

33 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Laura is 32-years-old.  The Duggars couldn't leave her home unchaperoned!  What were you thinking?  That's just not possible.

Laura had moved out of the Duggar house and back in with her parents. I thought it was weird they asked her to fly to Arkansas and then along with them to Australia. If Lauren got JDs ticket who paid for Laura?

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

http://people.com/tv/josiah-duggar-courting-lauren-swanson/

image.jpg

Poor girl didn't even have the chance to see what else is out there. 

This arises directly from the motto on the Duggar Family Crest:   Do Not Let Any of Them See Anything That Is Out There. And We Mean Anything. 

Because "how you gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Paree"?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Lauren isn’t as pretty as Marjorie.  She’s got a horsey look about her. I don’t like mocking people for things they have no control over, such as the crapshoot that is our DNA. I hope Josiah is pleased with her and she with him and they aren’t being married off due to boob and his machinations.  People’s lives are not for the sport of Boob.

• Love 1

They're posing in front of a sign with stylized lettering. Isn't that something Marjorie did a lot of? I didn't follow much about Marjorie but I feel like her book was about this type of lettering. If my memory is correct, it's an interesting backdrop for the picture.

25 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Lauren isn’t as pretty as Marjorie.  She’s got a horsey look about her. I don’t like mocking people for things they have no control over, such as the crapshoot that is our DNA. I hope Josiah is pleased with her and she with him and they aren’t being married off due to boob and his machinations.  People’s lives are not for the sport of Boob.

Boob has not been reliably informed of this, I fear. 

8 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Holy cow, I want to know what kind of filter Josiah was using in that burger pic from a few weeks ago. Dude looks ROUGH now. 

Hoping it's mostly jet lag. 

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

http://people.com/tv/josiah-duggar-courting-lauren-swanson/

image.jpg

Poor girl didn't even have the chance to see what else is out there. 

Gross. Ditch Josh’s beard. And do something with your hair that doesn’t look like “blond Josh”.  Get plugs!

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Lauren is pretty, she’s just got a bad tooth to gum ratio.

I hope she’s not as TV ready as Marjorie was. That was really weird. 

Edited by Kokapetl
14 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Gross. Ditch Josh’s beard. And do something with your hair that doesn’t look like “blond Josh”.  Get plugs!

Lauren is pretty, she’s just got a bad tooth to gum ratio.

I hope she’s not as TV ready as Marjorie was. That was really weird. 

Almost the same tooth to gum ratio as Jill.