Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it's just two actual preachers-of-churches. But then there's Lawnson Swanson. And, as Sew Sumi just mentioned, Pa Keller has a prison ministry -- so,he's a minister as well, though not a church pastor. And Mike Seewald is definitely preachy! And sort of has pretensions to the role, I've always thought. Certainly if you read his blog he does. And of course Austin's dad has his super-Christian camp where a lot of preaching goes on.

So I think it's two official church preachers, two ministries, and a couple of preacher-sector-adjacents (including one whose married-in son has minister career ambitions).    ;  ) That's a total of four -- plus two near-misses  and increasingly fundie-pushy Cathy. 

Families that marry into the TTH tend to be way over on the correct-Jesus spectrum. And with leadership ambitions in it, looks like. 

Bingo!  I did count Pa Keller as the fourth. According to good old Google, the prison ministry is full time. Years ago he was a welder, but gave that up to minister in the prisons, even bringing Anna with him at times. I don't know how he makes a living at this, but an article I read stated that he had health issues, so maybe he gets some sort of disability payments. 

I guess what I was really trying to say was that these holier than thou parents push their children into courtships with immature, lazy, unprepared for life semi-adults who will continue the cycle of ignorance for generations to come, all in the name of the correct Jesus. It turns my stomach.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it's just two actual preachers-of-churches. But then there's Lawnson Swanson. And, as Sew Sumi just mentioned, Pa Keller has a prison ministry -- so,he's a minister as well, though not a church pastor. And Mike Seewald is definitely preachy! And sort of has pretensions to the role, I've always thought. Certainly if you read his blog he does. And of course Austin's dad has his super-Christian camp where a lot of preaching goes on.

So I think it's two official church preachers, two ministries, and a couple of preacher-sector-adjacents (including one whose married-in son has minister career ambitions).    ;  ) That's a total of four -- plus two near-misses  and increasingly fundie-pushy Cathy. 

Families that marry into the TTH tend to be way over on the correct-Jesus spectrum. And with leadership ambitions in it, looks like. 

And for the one who got away - Marjorie - her father is a graphic designer. I don't know if he ministered at all. Really, I think the closest who came to that in that family was Marjorie herself.

• Love 1

don't know if you guys saw this, but Pickles has a few pictures up from the Duggars' Australia trip. I guess everyone else was grabbing coffee at Starbucks while Jana was wrangling the luggage:

26231611_1455249674573837_5795398860519946394_n.jpg

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Thanks,  it's more that I'm beginning to have trouble keeping these in-laws straight.  Which married-in son are talking about? Thanks also to @Sew Sumi and @bythelake for their clarifications.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Thanks,  it's more that I'm beginning to have trouble keeping these in-laws straight.  Which married-in son are talking about? Thanks also to @Sew Sumi and @bythelake for their clarifications.

It is getting difficult as they pile up, isn't it? I  was talking about Bin. I sort of added up preacher-in-waiting Bin Seewald and pseudo-preacher-on-blog Mike Seewald and figured that, together, that means the Seewald family supplied one near-preacher to the TTH. ;  )

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It is getting difficult as they pile up, isn't it? I  was talking about Bin. I sort of added up preacher-in-waiting Bin Seewald and pseudo-preacher-on-blog Mike Seewald and figured that, together, that means the Seewald family supplied one near-preacher to the TTH. ;  )

I thought you might mean someone's brother-in-law. There's also Jeremy and Derick.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I thought you might mean someone's brother-in-law. There's also Jeremy and Derick.

Yep. The three. I just mentioned Bin because I was trying to make a strong argument for the Seewalds being a pastorish family than just Mike's preachiness!  And Jer's dad is a pastor, so their family was already on the ministry list. Der and Cathy are my one-out-of-seven not-pastoral-related family (despite Derick.) .... I realize all of this makes no sense!   ; )

• Love 1
On 1/17/2018 at 10:38 AM, BitterApple said:

don't know if you guys saw this, but Pickles has a few pictures up from the Duggars' Australia trip. I guess everyone else was grabbing coffee at Starbucks while Jana was wrangling the luggage:

Hummm all that luggage looks brand new!  I thought they bought at resale stores!

• Love 6

How are all the Duggars checking in all their luggage without being present at the counter? Whenever we check our luggage, we are always asked if we are the ones who packed it and has it been in our possession since it was packed. Oh yeah. Never mind. 

• Love 7
On 1/17/2018 at 11:38 AM, BitterApple said:

That picture speaks volumes, doesn’t it? 

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I HATE the way they walk all over Jana!

You're not the only one. DFO recently posted a cute video of Mere saying she missed Jana. Many people remarked that it was time for Jana to have an adult life that didn't include working as an unpaid nanny for her family. All those comments were promptly deleted. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Mère ou merde?

Lulz, I probably should've found a better abbreviation for Meredith, although the former describes Jana pretty accurately. She's mother to any and every kid dumped off at the TTH.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz, I probably should've found a better abbreviation for Meredith, although the former describes Jana pretty accurately. She's mother to any and every kid dumped off at the TTH.

I thought you were talking about MOTY, nor cute little Meredith. 

Mère= Mother; merde=shit

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You are not alone, it’s about time the adult and teen Duggars start packing and handling their own fucking luggage. My ten year has packed her suitcase and backpack for a few years now. She is VERY particular about how her things are packed, especially her electronics (future engineer?). Of course we check to make sure she has plenty and appropriate clothing for our getaways and trips.  We take too many 2-3 day getaways, so she’s a pro. SGirl has been hauling her own suitcase around airports since she was two. She had the cutest lady bug backpack and suitcase set. It would have been much easier for us to haul her carry on, but she was adamant about doing it herself. The exception was security screening because expediency is a must.  I’ll never understand why those over let’s say ten and up can’t do their own packing. This is why the Duggars keep sending out into the adult world uneducated, unsocialized, unskilled, incapable of assmililating and learning automatons. If I had more time I’d tell you how I really feel ?.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think TLC needs to send Jana away for a weekend to see how the family copes without her...and how she copes without them.  Maybe some eyes will open.  But I doubt it.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

I think TLC needs to send Jana away for a weekend to see how the family copes without her...and how she copes without them.  Maybe some eyes will open.  But I doubt it.

No a week, minimum. And, have Kim and Aggie from How Clean Is Your House? fame to shame them all for the idle and filthy beggars they are!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Holy banana balls! It took me a second to realize it was Si in this picture and not Josh. Age is not going to be kind to him, that's for sure.

Oh dear, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said something. Sorry Lauren!

22 really seems to be the beginning of the end for the boy's looks.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

No a week, minimum. And, have Kim and Aggie from How Clean Is Your House? fame to shame them all for the idle and filthy beggars they are!

I'm guessing she is so indoctrinated that she would be terrified at the thought.  

• Love 1

Josiah is 21. 

As for Jana, yes they should all pack their own luggage, especially the boys. Josh's tendency to leave his wife to lug the suitcases while he charges ahead is something people like to think only Josh would do. That picture makes it clear, they're learning for by example to let women handle their baggage. 

• Love 9

Jana obviously didn't lug all those suitcases herself. I imagine all the Duggars were loudly crowded around the luggage desk, yakking and laughing while Josie was climbing the bags like Mt Everest a kitchen counter and an employee said, Y'all need to sit down, I need one person, you over there (the mature one standing off to the side), can you please check these bags in?

• Love 15
15 hours ago, EAG46 said:

TLC probably doesn't want to do that because they paid for most of the house. And if Jana left for more than a day or two, it might fall down. 

• Love 8
On 1/19/2018 at 2:45 PM, BitterApple said:

Holy banana balls! It took me a second to realize it was Si in this picture and not Josh. Age is not going to be kind to him, that's for sure.

jdug.jpg

Holy balls!! I opened this and the first thing I heard in my mind was a donkey braying, hee haw-hee haw. Poor Josiah, it's all over.

Marjorie remains unbothered 

On 1/19/2018 at 11:45 AM, BitterApple said:

jdug.jpg

Screenshot_20180122-110926.thumb.jpg.526b1846a605d81cb89c26f898a738a5.jpg

Josiah's boyish good looks went down hill fast along with his sense of style. Bleh...

Edited by Lunera
56 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Damn it Duggars. Why are you taking so long to officially announce the SiRen courtship?

Pickles is reporting that MeChelle said at the conference that Si and Lauren began courting January 6th! What!? But they have been talking for months.

BTW Lauren's mother is having another blessing same time as Joyless Anna is due.

*info came from a source of Pickles that attended the conference.

Kelly Bates has a pre-courtship phase she calls "getting to know".  Since courtship is considered a big step, and almost committment, it makes sense to have a pre-courtship phase so the couple can decide whether they like each other.  If the "getting to know" phase goes badly, that's a piece of your heart spared. I also think they're reluctant to use courtship with people under 18, especially if the other party is not a teenager. 

48 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Pickles is reporting that MeChelle said at the conference that Si and Lauren began courting January 6th! What!? But they have been talking for months.

BTW Lauren's mother is having another blessing same time as Joyless Anna is due.

*info came from a source of Pickles that attended the conference.

Lauren has been showing up to the TTH as well before then, correct? The Swansons were at Jinger's wedding.

Kind of premature to be signing Lauren and Josiah as autographs if they had only been courting since January 6th. That was all of 6 days. Granted the Forsyths were advertising Joy on their page well before anything was official.

Do we have official confirmation on Lauren's age? Her parents were married in September 1998.

1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Remember how Josiah used to dress in brightly colored dressy clothes? I hope that guy, with a twinkle in his eye, comes back. He's gotten so frumpy.

That was Alerted out of him .

10 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Lauren has been showing up to the TTH as well before then, correct? The Swansons were at Jinger's wedding.

Kind of premature to be signing Lauren and Josiah as autographs if they had only been courting since January 6th. That was all of 6 days. Granted the Forsyths were advertising Joy on their page well before anything was official.

Do we have official confirmation on Lauren's age? Her parents were married in September 1998.

Well, she can't be more than 18...19 in June if she was a honeymoon baby.

They wouldn't have brought her if they were still in the getting to know you stage. I think she basically took JD's tickets since he had to stay behind. The trip had been planned for months with IBLP guaranteeing "16 Duggars." They only got 15, but I doubt the leghumpers asked for a refund. 

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Marjorie remains unbothered 

Screenshot_20180122-110926.thumb.jpg.526b1846a605d81cb89c26f898a738a5.jpg

Josiah's boyish good looks went down hill fast along with his sense of style. Bleh...

If I didn't know better, I would think that top picture is mother and daughter.  

So is "Haley" the name of the engaged young lady, or the man she's marrying?

Here's to hoping the show will actually be interesting, and ask things like, "what's it like being in a courtship for the second time?" But nope. They'll try to pretend Marjorie never existed! At least we know the gossip rags will try to sensationalize it, and well, the duggars deserve it!

Edited by Christina87
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

Here's to hoping the show will actually be interesting, and ask things like, "what's it like being in a courtship for the second time?" But nope. They'll try to pretend Marjorie never existed!

I wonder how Lauren feels? Is she even aware that she's a replacement bride? Or is she too young and brainwashed to care?

Just now, BitterApple said:

I wonder how Lauren feels? Is she even aware that she's a replacement bride? Or is she too young and brainwashed to care?

I bet she's too young and brainwashed to care. I wonder how many young fundies just hang around with the duggars, trying to get noticed. Nobody (except for Jill, Jessa, and Jinger) seems to just meet somebody on their own. Even with Jinger, Jeremy was hanging around the family quite a while before anyone knew who he was. It makes me wonder how many hangers-on they're dealing with constantly at their house. Idk, I would get tired of it if I had to constantly entertain a bunch of clueless fundie youth at my house all the time!

• Love 1

I feel like this is a desperation court. We know Boob doesn't like Josiah. How many times can he go to Alert? What does he have to do with his life if all that has ever been drilled in him is get married and make an army for Jesus.

IDK I think Josiah is stuck. 

• Love 1

Jessa didn't meet Ben on her own. Ben got his family invited to the Duggars' homechurch so he could follow her around like a puppy. 

Jill? That was set up by Boob.

edit: a couple of posts snuck in there. I am responding to @Christina87.

Edited by Sew Sumi
On 1/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, GeeGolly said:

Jana obviously didn't lug all those suitcases herself. I imagine all the Duggars were loudly crowded around the luggage desk, yakking and laughing while Josie was climbing the bags like Mt Everest a kitchen counter and an employee said, Y'all need to sit down, I need one person, you over there (the mature one standing off to the side), can you please check these bags in?

More like:

JB: "OK, listen up, everybody. All of you, except Jana, move away from the luggage for a few minutes. Now, Jana, lean over and pretend that you're repacking it or something.  And make sure your hair is hanging down in front. Now, Josiah, take a picture but make sure Jana's knee-covering skirt is visible. OK, great, you can all grab your luggage now....oh, and make sure somebody gets all 5 of mine and Mamma's."

JB:  (to Mechelle): "We gotta get that picture out there as soon as possible. And add "Travel Manager" to her profile. Another birthday has come and gone, and still no contract."

Edited by drafan
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, she can't be more than 18...19 in June if she was a honeymoon baby.

I think she will be 19 in June. So far all of the Duggar-in-law teens have been 19 when they got married even Kendra. I think it's a similiar time table to what they did with Kendra. I don't think this is desperate, I think it's planned for a long time.

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They wouldn't have brought her if they were still in the getting to know you stage. I think she basically took JD's tickets since he had to stay behind. The trip had been planned for months with IBLP guaranteeing "16 Duggars." They only got 15, but I doubt the leghumpers asked for a refund. 

yes, they're obviously courting. Someone else said they had been talking for months which was the "getting to know" stage. They officially started courting Jan 6th (Three Kings Day! Twelth Night!) so they can get married July 6th.