Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I remember walking on the avenue in Brooklyn also. When I had a QUARTER to go to the candy store on the corner and puchase what I wanted, usually an Archie comic book; and/or some candy bars...what a growing experience it was for me to make my own decision. Having a quarter made me feel "rich" back then. Sorry the Duggar children could not go anywhere by themselves even when they were/are old enough to drive to Walmart or CVS and make a decision all by themselves.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

That is very true.  There are disadvantages to the inter webs (no kidding).  Gavin DeBecker, The Gift of Fear, talks about this too.  Older book but still had an impact on me.  Think of how many people didn't know of the Lindbergh kidnapping.  Remember Tom Hanks in the movie "The News of the World". People just weren't that connected.  We were free range back in the late 50s and nothing ever happened.  But we knew most people in our "catchment area" so if something did happen someone would help us or tell on us.

There were plenty of tragedies that happened in the 1950s and '60s. You just didn't hear about them, because no 24/7 news media, or you don't remember. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

There were plenty of tragedies that happened in the 1950s and '60s. You just didn't hear about them, because no 24/7 news media, or you don't remember. 

Agree, but statistics seem to say there isn't a great increase, just that we know about more or all of them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

Are they still posting about being in Ukraine, or have they "moved on" (i.e. stopped pretending to be in Ukraine)?  

Ask that on their social media, and I guarantee you will be blocked promptly! 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Zella said:

Ask that on their social media, and I guarantee you will be blocked promptly! 

I imagine when they finally post something they'll say that they were just too busy to post.

For an article on fundies in Poland, here's one a couple of weeks ago, about a fundie pastor, with Christian extremist cred, who tried to get 60 Ukrainian "orphan" children to the US from Poland.  The Poles wouldn't go for it so I guess he accused them of being anti-Protestant, etc.   https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/former-wa-rep-matt-shea-accused-of-domestic-terrorism-working-to-secure-adoptions-for-ukrainian-children-in-poland/#comments

5 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I imagine when they finally post something they'll say that they were just too busy to post.

For an article on fundies in Poland, here's one a couple of weeks ago, about a fundie pastor, with Christian extremist cred, who tried to get 60 Ukrainian "orphan" children to the US from Poland.  The Poles wouldn't go for it so I guess he accused them of being anti-Protestant, etc.   https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/former-wa-rep-matt-shea-accused-of-domestic-terrorism-working-to-secure-adoptions-for-ukrainian-children-in-poland/#comments

Absolutely sickening.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

That's horrible!

• Love 5
On 4/1/2022 at 2:07 PM, sagittarius sue said:

That guy is a serious effing wack-job.  I think he got thrown out of the WA legislature for being such a wack-job.  I'm not surprised by anything he does, unfortunately.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

That guy is a serious effing wack-job.  I think he got thrown out of the WA legislature for being such a wack-job.  I'm not surprised by anything he does, unfortunately.

Yes, the article does a good job of chronicling his craziness, both past and present.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

DD33C726-4D02-4F3B-8556-A4B075CC1632.jpeg

Would YOU want to live in a home this dingbats built?  I mean, I’m glad they’re “working”, but I hope there are some fully trained and fully licensed people on these construction sites. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Would YOU want to live in a home this dingbats built?  I mean, I’m glad they’re “working”, but I hope there are some fully trained and fully licensed people on these construction sites. 

Back when Joy and Austin were courting, there was a scene where she helped him during one of his remodels. IIRC, they were tiling the kitchen and messed up part of the floor. Austin's comment was "No one will notice." I wouldn't let these yahoos build my dog's house. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Back when Joy and Austin were courting, there was a scene where she helped him during one of his remodels. IIRC, they were tiling the kitchen and messed up part of the floor. Austin's comment was "No one will notice." I wouldn't let these yahoos build my dog's house. 

Austin has also been sued at least once for illegal and shoddy work.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

I'm no licensed contractor BUT I have watched a lot of home improvement shows, so by the way of Duggars,I am qualified to say that foundation looks wonky as hell.

I hope someone is licensed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I'm no licensed contractor BUT I have watched a lot of home improvement shows, so by the way of Duggars,I am qualified to say that foundation looks wonky as hell.

I hope someone is licensed.

I'm still trying to figure it out. Around here we have basements which that obviously isn't. It doesn't appear to be for a slab because its sloped for runoff, but I don't see any footings to make it a crawl space under a home. Maybe they're going to build basement out of cinder blocks? But then that doesn't explain the slope. Yup, I'm confused.

Just now, Absolom said:

New construction is actually a term I've heard builders use.  

I hope that's simply bad photography on the foundation in process.  

Me too. I never use it in the exact context the Duggars are using it here, but I have a lot of family in construction and construction adjacent industries and they use the term new construction all the time. My grandpa was a master plumber for 40+ years, and he specialized in new construction work because he hates repairs. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Zella said:

Me too. I never use it in the exact context the Duggars are using it here, but I have a lot of family in construction and construction adjacent industries and they use the term new construction all the time. My grandpa was a master plumber for 40+ years, and he specialized in new construction work because he hates repairs. 

My grammar nitpick. “New construction” = yes. “New homes”= yes. “New construction homes” = redundant.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

New construction homes is common terminology here in South Louisiana. New subdivisions go up in a matter of months, and the terms “new home construction” or “new home construction” differentiates said homes from existing homes, remodeled homes, refurbished buildings that were once commercial spaces, or homes rebuilt or repaired because of hurricanes or other natural disasters. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, LilJen said:

My grammar nitpick. “New construction” = yes. “New homes”= yes. “New construction homes” = redundant.

I hear you, but new construction is the lingo, so it makes sense they specify what is being constructed - a home, office building, a garage, etc.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I hear you, but new construction is the lingo, so it makes sense they specify what is being constructed - a home, office building, a garage, etc.

To me new construction means new foundation, new exterior structural walls, and ( hopefully) adherence to all updated building codes. As opposed to remodeling or refurbishing which might mean new guts but not a totally new structure. You can gut and remodel a house but you probably won’t pour a new foundation. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

To me new construction means new foundation, new exterior structural walls, and ( hopefully) adherence to all updated building codes. As opposed to remodeling or refurbishing which might mean new guts but not a totally new structure. You can gut and remodel a house but you probably won’t pour a new foundation. 

Me too.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Same.

• Love 2

It would be interesting to hear how that came about. Did Jase just say hey I'm moving to the tree house, Jana help me get it ready for the gram? Obviously he is eating, showering and having a sister do his laundry at the TTH. But my guess on bathroom need to pee in the night falls into the duggar "we do things a bit different" and he goes in the yard.

• Love 10

The Duggars are so odd. From ages 18 - 21 some of the kids have been married and/or been pregnant, some have had 'their own' businesses and some have lived on 'their own'. And here's Jason a business owner at 21, with a crew of two and he actually sleeps in a treehouse in his parents' front yard.

Not only can you not make this shit up, but they brag about it on SM.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

How old is Jase?  I mean he claims to be a master builder, why not just move into his own home?  I guess Boob & MeShell still have not cut the cord and all unmarrieds are required to live at the TTH until married (or unless they need an address in a certain area for certain things)

As nice as the treehouse appears to be, it just seems rather pathetic.  I can just hear all the snark when he starts courting: "Is she going to live in the treehouse???" etc etc 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I put this in the Howlers and Lost girls thread. They graduated from Howlers to Lonely Js. Not sure how I forgot since it might be the only thing they graduate.** 

Jason and James added new posts to IG. So is Jason living in the treehouse thingy that Jana had built for the kids? Did he move out of the boys dorm? It doesn't seem to have a kitchen or bathroom so he not totally moved out I guess. https://www.instagram.com/p/CcZFnHFAX07/

James gets stuck and uses a driverless vehicle to pull himself out? https://www.instagram.com/p/CcRYf-kj_CM/

Edited by auntieminem
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Jase, you’re almost 21 and claim to have your own business. Time to move out and let the many kids still living there enjoy their treehouse. Maybe Jert and Jernie’s house with the twin beds is still available for you and Jackson Bates!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

As nice as the treehouse appears to be, it just seems rather pathetic.  I can just hear all the snark when he starts courting: "Is she going to live in the treehouse???" etc etc 

Thread titles:

Jason and [insert name here] Sitting in a Tree

Jason and [insert name here]: A Treehouse is a Free House

Jason and [insert name here]: Don’t Sit Under the Bedroom Tree With Anyone Else But Me

Jason and [insert name here]: Making More Babies in the Tree Top

Jason and [insert name here]: If the Tree is Rockin’ Don’t Bother Knockin’

Jason and [insert name here]: Driving Snarkers Up a Tree

• LOL 24
9 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Thread titles:

Jason and [insert name here] Sitting in a Tree

Jason and [insert name here]: A Treehouse is a Free House

Jason and [insert name here]: Don’t Sit Under the Bedroom Tree With Anyone Else But Me

Jason and [insert name here]: Making More Babies in the Tree Top

Jason and [insert name here]: If the Tree is Rockin’ Don’t Bother Knockin’

Jason and [insert name here]: Driving Snarkers Up a Tree

I preemptively nominate "Jason and {Random Fundie Girl}: If the Treehouse is Rocking, Don't Come Knocking." 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1