Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Those are wood screws and a battery power drill with a screw bit, and she's just attaching the pieces of wood to each other.  No sawing & minimal cleanup.   

Looks like pretend.  She might as well have a Playskool tool set.   

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

In the IG story there were a couple of other pictures, one showing sawdust on the floor. She made some comment about it but I don't recall, something about starting the day in sawdust.  Her comments are suggesting she should get a HGTV show or a youtube channel.  For one thing, she always acted like she felt uncomfortable on TV, even if she had DYI skills she would be so awkward explaining. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

In the IG story there were a couple of other pictures, one showing sawdust on the floor. She made some comment about it but I don't recall, something about starting the day in sawdust.  Her comments are suggesting she should get a HGTV show or a youtube channel.  For one thing, she always acted like she felt uncomfortable on TV, even if she had DYI skills she would be so awkward explaining. 

She can start her own YouTube channel at any time. 🤷‍♀️ I can’t imagine who would watch regularly.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

I watch a lot of vlogs on YouTube of young Japanese women who film themselves from the neck down where they mostly cook delicious looking meals for themselves in tiny kitchens. There are just subtitles. She might pull off something like that with her “skills”

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I watch a lot of vlogs on YouTube of young Japanese women who film themselves from the neck down where they mostly cook delicious looking meals for themselves in tiny kitchens. There are just subtitles. She might pull off something like that with her “skills”

I love those videos too, they're so relaxing. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I love those videos too, they're so relaxing. 

I agree!  We have a Japanese market close by and I did get some Shiso leaves.  Jana ought to watch them for inspiration.

• Love 1
On 2/17/2022 at 2:08 PM, BitterApple said:

The video is cute, but OMG, Michelle's side pony is killing me. Honey, it's not 1985 and you are not 16 anymore. Give it up and get a damn haircut. 

I agree with you 100%, but JimBoob wouldn’t like it.  That alone tells me that he has not one ounce of class.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Excuse you! She's an EXPERT because she watched a Joanna Gaines video on You Tube. How dare you suggest she doesn't know what she's doing?? *stomps off in a huff

Joana was educated and experienced before she got the show. Jana is . . . NOT.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Joana was educated and experienced before she got the show. Jana is . . . NOT.

but Jana watched Joanna, so by duggar standards and duggar thinking, Jana is an equal because they become experts in everything by watching someone that one time...

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Silly. Their Jesus will protect them because they are so special. Duh.

I wonder about that. Jill saying that it was the FIRST time they had tested positive certainly implied that SOMEONE had tested positive more than once. But who?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder about that. Jill saying that it was the FIRST time they had tested positive certainly implied that SOMEONE had tested positive more than once. But who?

Most of the folks I know who have had covid twice are the ones who never took it seriously, so I'm guessing many of the Duggars and possibly Dan and Deanna have gotten it twice.

I think Jill and Derick took it somewhat seriously from the get go.

• Love 7

I personally don't think Jill's comment about it being first for them is necessarily intended as shade at anyone. I can see it being a bit of a preemptive response to snarkers wondering if they've had it before.

Also in January, the omicron surge here was fucking terrifying. I know a lot of people who ended up with their second round, as well as people who finally got it for the first time. I feel like just anecdotally a lot of people I know after that go ahead and tell you by now whether it was the second time or not they'd had it. And I've never not had someone who was vaccinated bring up the fact they were vaccinated, again I think as a preemptive way to indicate they were still trying to be cautious. 

I think a lot of people who have been at least marginally careful care very much about not being seen as one of the people who didn't care about it in a state full of people who often were indifferent. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of the Duggars have had it at least once, if not twice, but I also am not entirely sure how privy Jill would be to that. 

• Love 12

Jill's still in touch with a couple of her sisters, so she may well know who's had what. It wouldn't be the first time that Jill has thrown subtle shade. Let me have my fantasy! 😀

Seriously, with a kid in school, it was inevitable that they would get it. 

• Love 2

I don't consider myself a rebel and I haven't been anti-mask, but personally, I'm over mask life. I'm glad here in the DMV we are starting to lift restrictions. I think that if people are still comfortable in masks, then by all means, they should still wear them. But for me, unless I am in a crowded indoor space, no masks any longer. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's still in touch with a couple of her sisters, so she may well know who's had what.

Even still, I think they probably treat Jill like a mushroom--feed her a lot of shit and keep her in the dark. Because they know there's a really good chance anything they tell Jill could end up on Twitter the next time Derick's bored and feeling pissy and mediocre. So, I think what relationship is maintained is largely superficial and not focused on anything that could be construed to make them look bad. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Even still, I think they probably treat Jill like a mushroom--feed her a lot of shit and keep her in the dark. Because they know there's a really good chance anything they tell Jill could end up on Twitter the next time Derick's bored and feeling pissy and mediocre. So, I think what relationship is maintained is largely superficial and not focused on anything that could be construed to make them look bad. 

I hope if that's the case Jill just cuts ties. It will hurt for a time, but when she realizes she's been treated like a red headed stepchild she can hopefully move on from the toxicity. 

But I hope that whatever family members she's still in touch with actually love her and give her sincere information if she wants to know about other family members. 

Hell, these ate the Duggars. Jana has stolen James. I wonder if Jill has any relationship with him anymore?

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

You bring up a great point. Derick really keeps Jill in a no win place. It makes me wonder if some of Derick's more subtle SM digs at JB happen when Jill moves somewhat back into the fold. We've seen Jill hang out with her sisters here and there, but it never seems to last. Derick seems like the type to subconsciously or consciously sabotage any connections Jill tries to maintain with her family.

I for one, don't see any benefit for Jill to be cut off from her family. It seems to me JB & M don't take any great interest in any of the married kids anyway, so its not like if Jill hangs with the siblings she'll end up under their umbrella again. But similar to what you said, Derick's public rants make it 'dangerous' for Jill's siblings to have any real relationships with her.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hell, these ate the Duggars. Jana has stolen James. I wonder if Jill has any relationship with him anymore?

I don't think Jana has stolen James. I think it is a situation of he and Jason are the only ones, in the moment, of the right age to be her accountability chaperone. so they are together more often and sometimes without the entire fam.

James did bring the firetruck to Jill's house for Izzy or Sam's birthday last year so they still seem to have some connection.

speaking of Jason and James - did anyone else see the insta story on Jason and James pages where they were using the giant excavator bucket to pull sleds in a circle at the TTH? the Andreggs and Noah Robinson were tagged on it

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Jana's Youtube would kill listeners. She's afflicted with Duggar-speak:

"And so....."

"And so..."

It drives me to drink.  I remember trying to watch an episode that featured Pest and Anna after they got married and I had to switch it off because of her constant And..  And... And... And... It was like nails on a chalkboard.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 3/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, GeeGolly said:

Is there one Duggar who doesn't jones for coffee?

They're behind trends. All the Gen Z students in my college are hooked on energy drinks. Our fridge is filled with them & we have a Sharpie hanging from the handle so they can write their names on them.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 3/11/2022 at 5:22 PM, lookeyloo said:

well...you are one step ahead of me...lol...I watch the ones where they eat enormous amount of food and chew loudly in a microphone..and my husband is appalled...like what the H are you watching and WHY...but its like a train wreck...and once you start you cannot stop...

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

well...you are one step ahead of me...lol...I watch the ones where they eat enormous amount of food and chew loudly in a microphone..and my husband is appalled...like what the H are you watching and WHY...but its like a train wreck...and once you start you cannot stop...

I avoid those on Instagram! I am hungry as is.

And why all of them are skinny? 

• Love 1
On 3/16/2022 at 6:45 PM, GeeGolly said:

Is there one Duggar who doesn't jones for coffee?

Well they are not allowed to furiously spank their little Duggar monkey 🤣🤪

See you all in the prayer closet. I’m bringing coffee and donuts! 

• LOL 6

We've been discussing riding the school bus in the Dillard thread and it made me think of a study I assisted with in grad school, which also made me think of Jana losing a kid. (yep, my brain is a scary and messy place)

A lot of kids in the 50s, 60s and 70s were free rangers. In contrast kids in the last 30 years are watched pretty closely. The study we did looked at safety of children and it turned out kids are actually safer now, than back in the day. The problem is parents are inundated with information 24/7 and from all parts of the country and the world so they think todays world is unsafe.

Also, back in the day, the lost Duggar kid would have been walked home by a neighbor, or the cops would have dropped the kid off with a 'stern warning' for the caregiver.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We've been discussing riding the school bus in the Dillard thread and it made me think of a study I assisted with in grad school, which also made me think of Jana losing a kid. (yep, my brain is a scary and messy place)

A lot of kids in the 50s, 60s and 70s were free rangers. In contrast kids in the last 30 years are watched pretty closely. The study we did looked at safety of children and it turned out kids are actually safer now, than back in the day. The problem is parents are inundated with information 24/7 and from all parts of the country and the world so they think todays world is unsafe.

Also, back in the day, the lost Duggar kid would have been walked home by a neighbor, or the cops would have dropped the kid off with a 'stern warning' for the caregiver.

Yep, I grew up in the 70s/80s and was relatively “free range,” although my parents were actually quite strict and I was fairly sheltered. My elementary school was 1/2 mile away and we took the bus there, because that 1/2 mile was on a busy-ish road and there weren’t sidewalks. On the way home, however, we’d walk home through the woods when it was nice out. I have great memories of that walk. Most parents now wouldn’t allow even that short walk, and the ones who would allow it would be judged harshly. My elderly mom still believes it was “safer” then, even though statistically, it was more dangerous then. I’m glad I grew up having some freedom!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That is very true.  There are disadvantages to the inter webs (no kidding).  Gavin DeBecker, The Gift of Fear, talks about this too.  Older book but still had an impact on me.  Think of how many people didn't know of the Lindbergh kidnapping.  Remember Tom Hanks in the movie "The News of the World". People just weren't that connected.  We were free range back in the late 50s and nothing ever happened.  But we knew most people in our "catchment area" so if something did happen someone would help us or tell on us.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

As a pre-teen my friends and I used to take the subway into Manhattan and get autographs from the Dark Shadows cast. Of course, we didn't tell our parents. They thought we were walking on the avenue as usual.

We saw movies we weren’t supposed to see by having our parents drop us off at the mall for a couple hours. I truly feel sorry for the kids now whose parents track them every minute of every day. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

We saw movies we weren’t supposed to see by having our parents drop us off at the mall for a couple hours. I truly feel sorry for the kids now whose parents track them every minute of every day. 

Me too. Independence is such a confidence builder. Being trusted by your parents builds confidence and self-esteem. Getting into shenanigans is fun.

All the opportunities that some of today's kids, and all of the Duggars, aren't/weren't allowed.

• Useful 3