Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I read a book last year that gave me some insights into myself and I also think some insights into Jana.  It's Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents by Lindsay Gibson.  A relevant passage (I did not highlight this for myself, but GoodReads allows any user to see others)--

Many internalizers subconsciously believe that neglecting oneself is a sign of being a good person. When self-absorbed parents make excessive claims on their children’s energy and attention, they teach them that self-sacrifice is the worthiest ideal—a message that internalizing children are likely to take very seriously. These children don’t realize that their self-sacrifice has been pushed to unhealthy levels due to their parents’ self-centeredness. Sometimes these parents use religious principles to promote self-sacrifice, making their children feel guilty for wanting anything for themselves.

There's also--

Typically, their relationships with their parents are so draining that they don’t have the emotional energy to pursue romantic relationships, nor do they want to. Their experiences with their parents have taught them that relationships mean feeling abandoned and burdened at the same time. To these people, relationships feel like traps.

• Sad 6
  • Useful 7
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Turquoise said:

It's just sad that's there is even need to ponder how much freedom a 32 year old woman is "allowed".

10 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Yes!  I read @Zella's and was still pondering a few minutes later:  what does it even look like for someone Jana's age to not have the freedom to live her damn life?  What would those restrictions be, exactly?  Is it just a 30-something living a fundy teen's life?

When someone else is supporting you financially, there are always strings at what you are “allowed” to do. 

There are a fair number of people living similarly to Jana- either because of self imposed limitations, laziness or entitlement (freedom and independence isn’t something they want, so they are fine to live under the rules of their elders/parents in exchange for not having many of the responsibilities of adulthood). As well as legitimate brainwashing and emotional manipulation by parents as @Ohiopirate02 detailed above. 

• Like 5
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Typically, their relationships with their parents are so draining that they don’t have the emotional energy to pursue romantic relationships, nor do they want to. Their experiences with their parents have taught them that relationships mean feeling abandoned and burdened at the same time. To these people, relationships feel like traps.

Wait, Jana just came out of a relationship.  She was in a courtship (unless she referred to it as dating) with that guy who has a sibling dating a Duggar (can't remember his name).  No proof of this, of course, but she was seen with him at events and in photos.  They allegedly split up during Josh's trial.

I don't think Jana doesn't have the emotional energy to pursue a guy.  I just think she's picky, as she (or someone in the family) once said.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm sticking with my speculative theory that Jana has an extreme fear of childbirth. She was filmed more than once attending a birth or talking about childbirth and her discomfort was palpable. In their world the only way for a female to avoid childbirth is to remain single.

If true, I have no idea if its intentional or more of a subconscious self-sabotage kind of thing.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Wait, Jana just came out of a relationship.  She was in a courtship (unless she referred to it as dating) with that guy who has a sibling dating a Duggar (can't remember his name).  No proof of this, of course, but she was seen with him at events and in photos.  They allegedly split up during Josh's trial.

I don't think Jana doesn't have the emotional energy to pursue a guy.  I just think she's picky, as she (or someone in the family) once said.  

That was supposedly Stephen Wissman, brother of Hannah who married Jeremiah. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If true, I have no idea if its intentional or more of a subconscious self-sabotage kind of thing.

It might be a bit of both! 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

What makes Jana unique in 21st century North America is that she does not have employment outside the home.

Most adults who are capable (excepting those who come from very wealthy families) have to get SOME TYPE of job for wages in the 21st century, (even for pocket money) as well as to have something to do with their days. 

Jana does not because 1. There are enough minor kids left at the TTH that there is “house management” and caregiving to be done, 2. JB can and will financially support her. 

I do think Jana is picky, and statistically she will probably marry eventually, when SHE finds someone she wants, and would be an easier headship to deal with than JB. Some people are more motivated by romantic desires and partnered sex than other people- I think for Jana, those things probably matter, but not as much as they would an average woman in her culture. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

Or maybe like Miss Emily (Waltons) who pined over Mr Ashley Longworth, Jana will forever pine over Chad, the one I think she secretly wanted.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

I bet Jana has been saddled with Anna's 7 kids. The baby train just never seems to end for Jana. I also think that Jana is a bit too lazy and personally scared to death to get a real job outside of the TTH. She has no idea what the real world is about. It was so sad having to type that. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 14
  • Love 1
(edited)

Forgive me if this was discussed in the past, but regarding Jenna, wasn't there talk of her opening some type of shop in town? This was after all the sisters in her age group were married off and there was more speculation on Jenna. I take it that did not materialize. She had her gardening and was to open a shop? 

Edited by js9548
14 minutes ago, js9548 said:

Forgive me if this was discussed in the past, but regarding Jenna, wasn't there talk of her opening some type of shop in town? This was after all the sisters in her age group were married off and there was more speculation on Jenna. I take it that did not materialize. She had her gardening and was to open a shop? 

I think that speculation was based on a real estate purchase. It seems Jana owns, or did own, a storefront that was previously a tattoo shop.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

The store front was in Jana's name only. As far as I could ever tell no business was ever in it while she owned it and Jana sold it to a property co in march or april this year for $200,000. Jana (JB) paid $95,000 for it in 2016.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 7

As far as Jana's storefront property goes, we have no idea if "her profit" from the sale remains in a bank account with Jana's name and SS number OR if it was shuffled into an account with JB's info. After all, he is supposed to be supporting her; clothing, housing food, travel beauty maintenance; medical, etc. I wonder what her financial situation really is. Her parents, IMO, from what I have read about them and seen for myself on public media is that they are all out for themselves and are quite selfish and immature. Is Jana given a weekly/monthly allowance from her father for trinket purchases and is treated like an 11 year old financially?

Sure, things may be in Jana's name but I believe it's all for income tax purposes.

• Like 2
  • Love 12

Jason (JB) formed another new llc last  week - Brixton Contractors llc.  Brixton seems to be a street name in Bella Vista so I will guess Jase is buying property or a house there under the new llc name separate from the properties he already owns under the Buildmaster Construction llc.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 6
On 7/22/2022 at 3:26 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I read a book last year that gave me some insights into myself and I also think some insights into Jana.  It's Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents by Lindsay Gibson.  

I've read that book as well and it's a life changer. I highly recommend it to anyone who grew up with toxic or narcissistic parents. 

• Useful 9
On 7/24/2022 at 1:49 PM, floridamom said:

As far as Jana's storefront property goes, we have no idea if "her profit" from the sale remains in a bank account with Jana's name and SS number OR if it was shuffled into an account with JB's info. After all, he is supposed to be supporting her; clothing, housing food, travel beauty maintenance; medical, etc. I wonder what her financial situation really is. Her parents, IMO, from what I have read about them and seen for myself on public media is that they are all out for themselves and are quite selfish and immature. Is Jana given a weekly/monthly allowance from her father for trinket purchases and is treated like an 11 year old financially?

Sure, things may be in Jana's name but I believe it's all for income tax purposes.

I think Jana is going to end up being one of those poverty stricken maiden aunts in her sixties or later.  She  doesn’t seem to have an earned income, and probably isn’t building her required 40 quarters of income for social security/ Medicare.  With no earned income, there are no IRA contributions either.   JB and Michelle seem to assume their  daughters will all marry men who will support them their entire life and that their sons will all be able to support their wives forever.  Of course… there is Josh and Anna to debunk that theory. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I think Jana is going to end up being one of those poverty stricken maiden aunts in her sixties or later.  She  doesn’t seem to have an earned income, and probably isn’t building her required 40 quarters of income for social security/ Medicare.  With no earned income, there are no IRA contributions either.   JB and Michelle seem to assume their  daughters will all marry men who will support them their entire life and that their sons will all be able to support their wives forever.  Of course… there is Josh and Anna to debunk that theory. 

Well, it is possible that JB has her on a payroll of one of his entities to help with this.  Maybe she shows up enough to make a time sheet that could be audited.  Who knows.  I don't think they are all that stupid but just play that way on TV.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Well, it is possible that JB has her on a payroll of one of his entities to help with this.  Maybe she shows up enough to make a time sheet that could be audited.  Who knows.  I don't think they are all that stupid but just play that way on TV.

I doubt it. I really don't think any Duggar is paying into SS/Medicare. If Jana is being paid, it's likely as a 1099 employee. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I doubt it. I really don't think any Duggar is paying into SS/Medicare. If Jana is being paid, it's likely as a 1099 employee. 

If you receive a 1099 you are not an employee. IRS has very strict rules and regulations around this. I think the Duggars are paying into SS & Medicare, but their accountant probably does the paperwork etc. The Duggars may spout out about God taking care of things, but they know how to work the system too. With all the LLC’s, I’m sure JB and his accountant are spreading out income to minimize taxes and take advantage of any and all tax breaks. Jana probably receives some allocation of income but how much cash she actually has available to her is a whole other story.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

1099 contractors pay FICA just like everyone else. The only difference is that they are responsible for the full 15.3% instead of splitting it like W-2 employees do with their employer. If Jana has any income above a very minimal level, she is required to pay into Social Security and Medicare. 

It would be interesting to see how the payments from TLC went to the older kids since that was likely one contract payment to the family LLC. How that was distributed from the Duggar family account to the adult couples like Jessa/Ben and Jill/Derrick would affect their FICA liability, but it couldn't just be given to them.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I think Jana is going to end up being one of those poverty stricken maiden aunts in her sixties or later.  

I can’t imagine that her siblings (or their children) would let her live a poverty stricken life. Surely some of them would take her in and help care of her. 

Edited by Love2dance
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I can’t imagine that her siblings (or their children) would let her live a poverty stricken life. Surely some of them would take her in and help care of her. 

Jana could end up as “grandma” to one of the M’s and take care of their kids. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Love2dance said:

As it is, I would expect that more than a couple of Jana's siblings are going to be living in near-poverty at some point, just as JB and Michelle and their brood did prior to TLC.  If I were her, I wouldn't count on financial support from most of them.

As the immortal Billie Holliday advised, "God bless the child that's got his own".

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I don't see Jana becoming the poor maiden aunt dependent on her siblings and their children.  I don't believe the CinderJana plot.  I know we all speculate JB will die before Michelle and Michelle will do everything within her power to leave it all to her golden child, Josh.  I just do not see that happening.  JB is too much of a control freak to cede it upon his death.  I can see him creating a trust where his chosen son not named Josh is the executor.  He will provide for Jana as long as she remains the family caretaker.  And Jana as caretaker has the option to go nuclear.  Possession really is 9/10th of the law.  I can see a situation where the chosen son puts Jana's name on the accounts as she takes care of Michelle and possibly Josie because he's a Duggar and we all know how lazy they can be.  Jana can choose to divert the funds into accounts in her name only or transfer other assets into her name or hide all the valuables. JB and Michelle raised a pack of wolves who knows what's going to happen when they are dead.  

Of course, Jana is not even 35.  She's not dead yet.  She still may find a husband rendering all of this moot.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Jana knows where all the bodies are buried and has taken the fall for others mistakes. 

I think she does what she wants, when she wants and however she wants.  And JB & Michelle fund her whims.  Because she's the keeper of secrets and does their dirty work.  

She will be taken care of for the rest of her life, with or without a husband.  I don't think she wants one.  I think she's perfectly fine with herself.  I think she gets a salary as a manager of sorts in the Duggar properties sphere and has her future all taken care of. 

This family has been paid to simply exist since 2004, they know how to handle money, and they certainly aren't ignorant bumpkins when it comes to finance.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

JB and meech have a revocable living trust. The TTH and other properties are owned by the trust. at least one property in Benton co has the trust and 11 other people, but you can't see who the are.

I believe Jana's Arbor Acres llc to be a tax diversion for the duggar building scheme. They "hire" Jana as a design consultant contractor or something, say they paid her x amount for her service so the profit on the houses Jason and Jackson Bates are building is less when taxes need to be paid. I doubt Jana actually gets any money in her own bank acct this way.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't see Jana becoming the poor maiden aunt dependent on her siblings and their children.  I don't believe the CinderJana plot.  I know we all speculate JB will die before Michelle and Michelle will do everything within her power to leave it all to her golden child, Josh.  I just do not see that happening.  JB is too much of a control freak to cede it upon his death.  I can see him creating a trust where his chosen son not named Josh is the executor.  He will provide for Jana as long as she remains the family caretaker.  And Jana as caretaker has the option to go nuclear.  Possession really is 9/10th of the law.  I can see a situation where the chosen son puts Jana's name on the accounts as she takes care of Michelle and possibly Josie because he's a Duggar and we all know how lazy they can be.  Jana can choose to divert the funds into accounts in her name only or transfer other assets into her name or hide all the valuables. JB and Michelle raised a pack of wolves who knows what's going to happen when they are dead.  

Of course, Jana is not even 35.  She's not dead yet.  She still may find a husband rendering all of this moot.

I agree. Of all of the daughters I am not concerned for Jana. 

1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Jana knows where all the bodies are buried and has taken the fall for others mistakes. 

I think she does what she wants, when she wants and however she wants.  And JB & Michelle fund her whims.  Because she's the keeper of secrets and does their dirty work.  

She will be taken care of for the rest of her life, with or without a husband.  I don't think she wants one.  I think she's perfectly fine with herself.  I think she gets a salary as a manager of sorts in the Duggar properties sphere and has her future all taken care of. 

This family has been paid to simply exist since 2004, they know how to handle money, and they certainly aren't ignorant bumpkins when it comes to finance.  

Yup.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Jana probably looks at Bin, Dreck, JerMe and Austin and thinks, Yup, I dodged a bullet not getting married. Yes she does have kids dumped on her, but as a lot of grandparents say, She can give them back to their parents. I don’t think anyone should feel bad for her, of all the Duggar girls, she is the one who has much more control of her own life. Not a life I would choose, but she seems content.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Jana probably looks at Bin, Dreck, JerMe and Austin and thinks, Yup, I dodged a bullet not getting married. 

💯 THIS. I don’t blame her for feeling this way at all. Too bad she’s too lazy, brainwashed, and uneducated to actually work to support herself, though.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Jana probably looks at Bin, Dreck, JerMe and Austin and thinks, Yup, I dodged a bullet not getting married. Yes she does have kids dumped on her, but as a lot of grandparents say, She can give them back to their parents. I don’t think anyone should feel bad for her, of all the Duggar girls, she is the one who has much more control of her own life. Not a life I would choose, but she seems content.

I think the kids are more likely getting dumped on Jennie, Jordan and Johanna now, than Jana.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Sarah Maxwell found a husband at 40. Of course, she was allowed to finally move out on her own at 39 to live a more independent life. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yes, she may find a husband.  Anna has a husband.  A husband doesn’t mean you are financially set for life. The husband can leave, die, become disabled, unemployed or go to prison. Or just not be a good money person. 

10 hours ago, Love2dance said:

This is the scenario I expect.  Sure she will have a roof over her head, and the same amount of food to eat as her sibling does.  Doesn’t  mean she will have very much money or any say so in how what money there is gets spent.   

Remember, JB has a zillion offspring and their offspring to divide that money between. Plus we don’t know what health issues the parental figures are going to have that uses up that money.  Nor do we know if these zillion offspring know how to make and keep money once Pops dies.  There isn’t any reality show money coming in and that influencer money is going to dry up eventually. 

• Like 6
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

Yes, she may find a husband.  Anna has a husband.  A husband doesn’t mean you are financially set for life. The husband can leave, die, become disabled, unemployed or go to prison. Or just not be a good money person. 

So true. Most people, regardless of sex or marital status, have to work at least part time to keep afloat. Even women who have husbands. Being married is no guarantee of a comfortable life. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Jana seems to be liked among her contemporaries in the fundy community, as well as by her siblings. I’m sure that if she truly wanted to be married right now, her friends or even JD would find her a better option than what JB would find. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Chainey is too tall for the Duggar Hobbit boys. James is one of the more vertically challenged. 

And you know men must be taller than women!

• LOL 4
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The comments are bold and he has left them up. Wow.

Comments are now limited and Chaney’s appear to be gone. But the videos make him look pretty dumb and reckless.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I didn't see the JB/M comments. The one Claire commented on some girl made a remark about something (maybe relationship) didn't work out with the someone (don't know the fundie youngins).  Claire said something she is glad too because her friend is so great and she was looking forward to who God had for her. I wish I had seen the other comments. 

2 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

I didn't see the JB/M comments. The one Claire commented on some girl made a remark about something (maybe relationship) didn't work out with the someone (don't know the fundie youngins).  Claire said something she is glad too because her friend is so great and she was looking forward to who God had for her. I wish I had seen the other comments. 

Claire was responding to Chaney. She dodged the bullet with ferret face Trace Bates. Chaney appeared on Bringing Up Bates. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1