Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

OK, what's up? First Jason does a happy father's day post and now James does one. https://www.instagram.com/stories/jamesaduggar/2864242492117609190/

Jason thanking pops for "investing in him" is odd. That is what parents do. He has to be talking about money because he sure didn't invest much else in his kids. Did any of the kids say anything to Michelle on Mother's Day?

Jessa too laid it on thick in her IG post.  JB's just the bestest father ever!  🤮

• Sad 6
6 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I am pretty sure these kids know what side their bread is buttered on.

Well, you can tell who is still dependent on Boob. I won't add Jinger because she just posted a picture without comment.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

The Duggars just "walked through" a couple of hard years. There's no doubt in my mind JB's kids (including Jill) love him. I think they're throwing some extra love and support at their dad during a time he likely needs it.

I'm not saying JB is deserving of his kids support, but I do understand it.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars just "walked through" a couple of hard years. There's no doubt in my mind JB's kids (including Jill) love him. I think they're throwing some extra love and support at their dad during a time he likely needs it.

I'm not saying JB is deserving of his kids support, but I do understand it.

Yes, it’s ok to love someone even if you hate something they did. Especially a close relative. I still think Jessa’s post was too much though. Especially since there isn’t a rift in their relationship that she’s trying to mend and even more so since JB isn’t even on SM (that I know of).

• Like 6
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Yes, it’s ok to love someone even if you hate something they did. Especially a close relative. I still think Jessa’s post was too much though. Especially since there isn’t a rift in their relationship that she’s trying to mend and even more so since JB isn’t even on SM (that I know of).

I agree. I think Jessa topped off her post with some fuck you internet elements.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm thinking this was last night. I think Jason and James didn't travel with Boobchelle and younger kids (and Jana) to the wedding, which was in the greater Cincinnati area.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

And then we shall see Hilaria’s head explode… *poof*

I still think there's hope for her and Jason after watching her asshole husband slam that door in her face during the trial. No wonder she's so thirsty for such an underwhelming guy. 

• Sad 6
9 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Honestly, I feel like Jason would treat Hilaria better than her husband, so Team Jaslaria lol

If she left her husband for “Jase,” she’d also have to leave her cushy home and life. You know she’s not going to risk that!

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If she left her husband for “Jase,” she’d also have to leave her cushy home and life. You know she’s not going to risk that!

I mean, she could go live in the treehouse with him...

• LOL 16
2 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Unless she gets the house and he moves in with her. 😂 

I have a feeling that all of the income in their household is due to her husband. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I have a feeling that all of the income in their household is due to her husband. 

Hilaria does have an llc called Solo Fine Homebuilding - it does own some properties.

• Useful 5
1 minute ago, YupItsMe said:

That is a very nice cake. Great that he could spend his birthday with friends.

I saw a picture that shows James and Jason skating with 4 other fundie families, including some of the Bates. They do get out and about a lot and do seem to be enjoying themselves. 

• Like 2

I wonder how Jana feels about being stuck with Jessa? Jinger is in CA. Jill was put on the do not hang with list by JB and Joy seems to be besties with the wife of Jana's twin. That leaves Jessa. I wonder how they managed during Jessa's year long house reno? I remember more than one episode with Jessa and Jana butting heads over decorating and one of those houses was Jill's.

And Laura, Jana's bestie, seems to be spending a lot of time with her own family. Funny thing with that too - Laura never seems to bring Jana for a visit, or if she does, she hides it.

I just can't imagine being stuck with the choice of hanging with Michelle or Jessa. Or four sisters half her age.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Jana was pictured in Tennessee with Alyssa Bates Webster. She probably was someone else’s accountability partner. Sounds like that will be her life until every one of her siblings is married off.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

As much as James would have us believe Jana travels extensively on her own and doesn't need a chaperone, James, Jason or JB  always seem to be with her on all her travels.

James posted something about it on instagram quite a while back.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

As much as James would have us believe Jana travels extensively on her own and doesn't need a chaperone, James, Jason or JB  always seem to be with her on all her travels.

James posted something about it on instagram quite a while back.

Wasn't he (or another of the Howlers) very defensive about Jana, claiming she came and went as she pleased?

• Like 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wasn't he (or another of the Howlers) very defensive about Jana, claiming she came and went as she pleased?

Yes, I think it was Jason.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Yes, I think it was Jason.

sorry all I had the wrong howler. i should have just said Jed! and that would have covered whichever one it was. 😂

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 7/14/2022 at 6:00 AM, GeeGolly said:

I wonder how Jana feels about being stuck with Jessa? Jinger is in CA. Jill was put on the do not hang with list by JB and Joy seems to be besties with the wife of Jana's twin. That leaves Jessa. I wonder how they managed during Jessa's year long house reno? I remember more than one episode with Jessa and Jana butting heads over decorating and one of those houses was Jill's.

And Laura, Jana's bestie, seems to be spending a lot of time with her own family. Funny thing with that too - Laura never seems to bring Jana for a visit, or if she does, she hides it.

I just can't imagine being stuck with the choice of hanging with Michelle or Jessa. Or four sisters half her age.

The way Jana was described as a child, she seemed to be a Jessa who was easier to subdue. My impression of adult Jana is that she's very strong willed but doesn't like public attention and doesn't feel the need to respond to criticism...a less hotheaded (and relatively cleaner) Jessa, essentially. That could mean she and Jessa butt heads a lot but they're they type of people that enjoy that kind of interaction*, or they butt heads because they really get on each other's nerves. Either way, I don't think they're besties OR enemies, they're just...sisters. I also think Jana has a wider social circle than any of us would assume and isn't limited to her family for social interaction. I wouldn't be surprised if her friends are like her in that they don't like to share their lives publicly and that's why there's no social media paper trail.

*I think that's part of the problem with Ben, now that I think about it. Jessa wants/expects push back, Ben is thrown by her tone, assumes an argument is automatically a bad thing and backs down, and eventually grows sullen and resentful.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, lascuba said:

The way Jana was described as a child, she seemed to be a Jessa who was easier to subdue. My impression of adult Jana is that she's very strong willed but doesn't like public attention and doesn't feel the need to respond to criticism...a less hotheaded (and relatively cleaner) Jessa, essentially. That could mean she and Jessa butt heads a lot but they're they type of people that enjoy that kind of interaction*, or they butt heads because they really get on each other's nerves. Either way, I don't think they're besties OR enemies, they're just...sisters. I also think Jana has a wider social circle than any of us would assume and isn't limited to her family for social interaction. I wouldn't be surprised if her friends are like her in that they don't like to share their lives publicly and that's why there's no social media paper trail.

*I think that's part of the problem with Ben, now that I think about it. Jessa wants/expects push back, Ben is thrown by her tone, assumes an argument is automatically a bad thing and backs down, and eventually grows sullen and resentful.

I can see this. 

I don't doubt Jana has people to hang out with. There is not that much work left at the TTH- shopping, scheduling repairs, errands, light housekeeping- there are no little kids left that need 24/7 supervision or assistance with daily needs. Jana also isn't employed- she has time to socialize. I have always thought JB gives Jana a far longer leash/freedom than anyone else would expect. As long as she is living within the guidelines of JBs rules (no bringing people he doesnt approve of in the house for example), she is free to do what she wants, with pocket money to do it.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I think Jana has the freedoms she has because her parents trust her implicitly. For that reason, I've always suspected she was one of the biggest Kool Aid drinkers. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

It's just sad that's there is even need to ponder how much freedom a 32 year old woman is "allowed".

Yes!  I read @Zella's and was still pondering a few minutes later:  what does it even look like for someone Jana's age to not have the freedom to live her damn life?  What would those restrictions be, exactly?  Is it just a 30-something living a fundy teen's life?

• Love 6

When I really think about Jana's age and freedom I realize how subjective freedom is. At age, say 16, I was a free-range kid with a lot of freedom, yet I followed self-imposed parental and societal expectations. In my 20s/30s I was a married, SAHM and I had all the freedom in the world while simultaneously not really having all that much freedom. And now a couple of decades later, my freedom has again changed.

Jana at age 32 is still basically following the rules she followed at age 16. So while she may have a bit more physical freedom, mentally she's still thinking like her 16 year old self.

• Love 16
(edited)
19 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Yes!  I read @Zella's and was still pondering a few minutes later:  what does it even look like for someone Jana's age to not have the freedom to live her damn life?  What would those restrictions be, exactly?  Is it just a 30-something living a fundy teen's life?

Here's how it looks to me -- and I do come from a situation where this kind of shit happened.

If you're still in that situation by Jana's age, you've learned to simply rein in by yourself most of the passing desires you may have that your keepers would seriously disapprove of.

So for the most part, you live like a combo of an underage fundie kid and a fundie grandmother, in slightly less youthful and less grandma-like clothes. 

And a lot of your being feels okay with it because you've repressed the desires and done it all to yourself to avoid warring with your parents (and, in the case of a Duggar, warring with God, too -- since God and your parents are tight). . Although you're not generally aware of having done it to yourself to keep out of trouble. You mostly repress that awareness too. 

Hence the overall impression Jana gives of being the dullest person on the planet. And the impression some people have of her being an angry old bitch.

I expect she's a quietly angry bitch a lot because she made herself into the dullest person on the planet as her way of avoiding major conflict in the family. But she's not aware of any of that, either. We're organisms good at adapting to circumstances for survival's sake.  She's kinda like a seriously bent tree, basically.

At this point, it'll be just as well it none of this ever occurs to her. Because I've seen what happens when it occurs to somebody at age 80 or so that this is what their life has been. They aren't happier for the realization, really. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 1
  • Sad 12
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1