Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Does Laura have a headship? It seems like she comes and goes as she pleases. Although it is always a mystery why she is at the TTH so much. Maybe Jana is content to hang out with Laura whenever she can. 

I want to say that Laura's family is not religious.  She found the Right Jesus (TM), but her parents, siblings, etc have not.  Therefore, she does not have a headship.  And also why she was invited into the Duggar home, so Michelle and JB can keep her on the correct path while she looks for the right husband to become her headship.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 2

I think we're projecting onto Jana what any of us "normal" people would think about single life and married life.  I don't think she has the ability to think rationally or weigh any options at all.  Single life in this cult is sad, embarrassing and you are viewed as a failure of your sole purpose in life.  Marriage and babies are the ultimate goals, you are pleasing God, fulfilling your role and you are 100% guaranteed that marriage and motherhood will make you joyous, happy and your life will be perfect.  Why in the world would Jana not want to be married?  Her chosen soulmate by God (errrr....JimBoob) will be everything he is meant to be for her.  

I think her being so "contemplative" of this choice is only lip-service to the masses to make these freaks appear more relatable and mainstream.  Boob keeps her single to be a help around the house.  The choice is most definitely not hers to make.

The article (MOTY supervised!) was such complete BS.  Jana expounding the benefits of "dating" and maybe finding out that the person isn't right for you is literally "giving away pieces of your heart", which they are not allowed to do.    

• Love 19
1 minute ago, louannems said:

In every picture, JB has that odd grip on Michelle's arm.  He always does that.  It looks so possessive and it drives me crazy.

In this case, he's doing it in his own home. Why????

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, louannems said:

In every picture, JB has that odd grip on Michelle's arm.  He always does that.  It looks so possessive and it drives me crazy.

I don’t know about JB but Mr lookeyloo has the annoying habit of putting his arm around me in a death grip whenever there is a picture. I have to pry it off every time.  Irritating. Michelle is probably used to it or tired of saying stop

• LOL 5

One of the howlers used to like to cook and wanted to be a chef, and I thought it was James. I could have the wrong kid.

And 19 is a big age for the Duggars. Technically they can get married as young as 18, but no one in this generation has gotten married younger than 19.  So now he can get married or have an official courtship.

But the next one to court is probably Jason or Jeremiah. 

• Useful 4
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Am I the only one noticing Jill is looking really good lately? Something about her aura has changed. She seems much lighter and happier.

Not having to deal with JB and Mechelle would lighten anyone’s mood. 

One of the duggar fans wrote on James Birthday post that they love watching the daughters show but miss JB and Mechelle! What are they on? JB & M are on that show more then ever. 

• Love 11

James has always been the Duggar I wanted to rescue.  He never seemed to jive with the rest of the nut house.  To this day, he still doesn't look like he fits in.  Hopefully Jill will whisk him away from the TTH.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Am I the only one noticing Jill is looking really good lately? Something about her aura has changed. She seems much lighter and happier.

I thought the same thing - cool shades, healthy-looking hair, cute top, real smile - she looks fantastic in that picture.

Was Jill James' buddy/surrogate mom?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

4+ years ago...Jana was asked the same thing as in the recent interview...same answer.

If she were forced to marryit would have happened well before now.

In general, I think we probably ascribe a lot more intentional malice to the Duggars than they actually have. Don’t get me wrong, most of their beliefs and views are cruel and abhorrent, but I just don’t think anyone in that family is nearly as calculating or cunning as posters sometimes suspect they are.

That being said, my cynical side says Jana is JB’s ace in the hole. The second the show’s ratings drop low enough for the show to be on the cancellation bubble, Jana is going to enter a courtship. It’s guaranteed to boost ratings and keep them on the air for several extra seasons (long enough to see courtship, engagement, wedding, and first baby). 

Like I said, they’re probably not calculating enough to be intentionally holding Jana back until they need her, so to speak, but I could see them scrambling for a ratings boost however they can if the show is in danger of being canceled and landing on a Jana courtship as their saving grace.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

One of the duggar fans wrote on James Birthday post that they love watching the daughters show but miss JB and Mechelle! What are they on? JB & M are on that show more then ever. 

You know that was Lolli and Pops don't you  👿

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

In general, I think we probably ascribe a lot more intentional malice to the Duggars than they actually have. Don’t get me wrong, most of their beliefs and views are cruel and abhorrent, but I just don’t think anyone in that family is nearly as calculating or cunning as posters sometimes suspect they are.

That being said, my cynical side says Jana is JB’s ace in the hole. The second the show’s ratings drop low enough for the show to be on the cancellation bubble, Jana is going to enter a courtship. It’s guaranteed to boost ratings and keep them on the air for several extra seasons (long enough to see courtship, engagement, wedding, and first baby). 

Like I said, they’re probably not calculating enough to be intentionally holding Jana back until they need her, so to speak, but I could see them scrambling for a ratings boost however they can if the show is in danger of being canceled and landing on a Jana courtship as their saving grace.

I kind of agree with you, but the main thing about finding someone for Jana is figuring out who to match her with.  I doubt they have someone in mind and they need to find someone for Jana to court. Probably when they do find somone for her, they'll let her court/marry right away. 

• Love 1
(edited)

She can't have a job, go to school, have an apartment. 

Yes, she can, she just has to find the gumption to do it.  She's seen Jing and Jill wave the middle finger at a lot of JB's orders, with no lightning striking that we know of, so she knows it can be done.  And I'll bet that she's had fans who have written to her to tell her they'd help her get free.

I'm in the camp that says she's gay.  Otherwise, why is Laura around all the freaking time.  If they're just besties then they're like junior high besties who must do everything together.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

I'm in the camp that says she's gay.  Otherwise, why is Laura around all the freaking time.  If they're just besties then they're like junior high besties who must do everything together.

I think she is as well. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Yes, she can, she just has to find the gumption to do it.  She's seen Jing and Jill wave the middle finger at a lot of JB's orders, with no lightening striking that we know of, so she knows it can be done.  And I'll bet that she's had fans who have written to her to tell her they'd help her get free.

I also think she’s gay.

• Love 3

I have no real opinion on whether she is gay or isn't. don't really care either

I do think she maybe had a prince charming in mind long ago and JB rejected him or JB and Michelle weren't ready to let her go or whatever and now she is unwilling to settle for just any leftover fundie guy. waiting also limits the number of kids she would be expected to produce for god's army.

I think she enjoys going off to Magnolia Farms and such with Laura or whoever, without a bunch of kids

• Love 7

I thinks its very strange that Laura lives at the TTH, but that's a reflection on her. As far as Jana goes, Laurie is as close to a roomie that she'll ever get. I truly hope Jana is not gay. What an even more horrible existence that would be for her, in her current environment.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

Yes, she can, she just has to find the gumption to do it.  She's seen Jing and Jill wave the middle finger at a lot of JB's orders, with no lightening striking that we know of, so she knows it can be done.  And I'll bet that she's had fans who have written to her to tell her they'd help her get free.

The thing is, the girls who are "living free" now are just transferred to the authority of a different man. It's very hard for a single person with an actual college education, work experience, and insight of how the world actually works to make it on their own financially. If Jana wanted to move out on her own, and to truly be independent, how would she be able to afford it? Additionally, these offspring have been taught to basically fear and distrust the world in general because of Satan and such. It takes courage for a "normal" person to move away from their family and try to adult on their own without the emotional support- can you imagine how much harder that would be for Jana? 

• Love 15
(edited)
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I thinks its very strange that Laura lives at the TTH, but that's a reflection on her. As far as Jana goes, Laurie is as close to a roomie that she'll ever get. I truly hope Jana is not gay. What an even more horrible existence that would be for her, in her current environment.

it is also strange that Elijah Kaneshiro has lived there for years and maybe still lives there, but no one ever says it was because a duggar boy might be gay

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 24
12 hours ago, kstar821 said:

James has always been the Duggar I wanted to rescue.  He never seemed to jive with the rest of the nut house.  To this day, he still doesn't look like he fits in.  Hopefully Jill will whisk him away from the TTH.

James has always been my favorite Howler/ Lost Boy. This probably started out because he looked different from the rest and was easy to spot, but I think he showed some genuine personality when he was the "chaperone" during Jill and Derrick's courtship. And I like that he's frequently pictured holding a baby niece or nephew. His parents call that "being a fun uncle" but I like to think he has an actual heart for children, unlike Michelle.

I dread the inevitable day when he enters a courtship, gets his own social media, and reveals himself to be just another Duggar bro-douche...

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

I suspect JB is more of an opportunist than the calculating sort. I think he probably has a weird knack for looking at a situation and concluding how he can best score it to his own advantage, but I don't know that he spends a lot of time plotting his next move. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I suspect JB is more of an opportunist than the calculating sort. I think he probably has a weird knack for looking at a situation and concluding how he can best score it to his own advantage, but I don't know that he spends a lot of time plotting his next move. 

I dunno. The way he keeps setting up tax shelter "businesses" along with flipping houses demonstrates his ability to think ahead, or plot his next moves. I'd also eager that half of his kids' marriages were arranged to some extent. 

I think he's pretty wily, all wrapped up in an "aw shucks" package. 

• Love 13
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I dunno. The way he keeps setting up tax shelter "businesses" along with flipping houses demonstrates his ability to think ahead, or plot his next moves. I'd also eager that half of his kids' marriages were arranged to some extent. 

I think he's pretty wily, all wrapped up in an "aw shucks" package. 

But hasn't he also lost some of his LLCs for not being able to keep up with the required paperwork? Also a lot of his real estate investments strike me as him seeing an opportunity rather than having a grand strategy. When I was going through the land records earlier this year, I noticed he often wipes stuff up in batches, possibly in auctions. I could be wrong, but that also makes me think he's someone who is good at seeing a good opportunity when it comes up and improvises from that rather than walking into a room with his plan intact. I do think Jim Bob is more savvy than he lets on, but he doesn't strike me as the type of person who is 10 chess moves ahead of his opponent. 

• Love 12

I agree that he's not ten moves ahead of anybody, but he is a bit of a visionary. He just doesn't have the resources to see his visions come to fruition much of the time (ie. the RV park). But he's still become rich playing real estate roulette. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I have no real opinion on whether she is gay or isn't. don't really care either

I do think she maybe had a prince charming in mind long ago and JB rejected him or JB and Michelle weren't ready to let her go or whatever and now she is unwilling to settle for just any leftover fundie guy. waiting also limits the number of kids she would be expected to produce for god's army.

I think she enjoys going off to Magnolia Farms and such with Laura or whoever, without a bunch of kids

A lot of gay people who live in repressive cultures have a someone!charming in their past so they “can’t be gay” but who knows? It would not surprise me. 

• Love 1

I think James, Jeremiah and Justin are the least Duggar looking Duggars. They have so far managed to maintain "handsome". I wonder how long it will last? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I agree that he's not ten moves ahead of anybody, but he is a bit of a visionary. He just doesn't have the resources to see his visions come to fruition much of the time (ie. the RV park). But he's still become rich playing real estate roulette. 

Yeah I can definitely see that! I think one of his problems might be he lacks the patience to actually go through all the petty bullshit you have to do to make these plans come to fruition--or you have to have a better outsourcing plan than your idiot sons and the dolts you go to church with. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

There is a article that Jason sold a house and the first thing that I thought was they have a Jason?

Seriously, do they really??  Where’s he been hiding, the prayer closet?

• LOL 2

I keep thinking they'll announce a courtship. Probably Jason or Jeremiah? If I keep guessing him, I'll be right eventually. My gut is Jason, because of Instagram. On the other hand, Jer seemed to be dropping hints. I think I know who either one of them is courting, but we'll see. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

There is no reason why Jana and Laura can't get an apartment together. 

No reason except the rules of the cult they inhabit and the parents who rule Jana's life. Unmarried young women living in their own home with no headship in residence, is AFAIK not an option in the IBLP scheme of Christian living. (It would be interesting if that's not correct, but I don't think JB or Meech have ever uttered a word that would suggest that any unmarried daughter of theirs would live on her own.)

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Or the shadow memo?

LOL. I went back two pages to find the picture. You're right! Photoshop. They should have found a pic with James at least in a suit!

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

There is no reason why Jana and Laura can't get an apartment together. Something more is going on with Jana than they are willing to admit.

How would they pay the rent?

Not even the boys are employable, they all work for their father (if at all). And out of the girls, Jana seems to have the least instinct for “hustle.” She wouldn’t be able to find a job anywhere in the mainstream world right now and damn sure JimBob is not paying her bills so she can live her own life elsewhere.

Her best bet would frankly be to go to Jill for help. “Help” meaning: a place to crash, a friend to venture into “the world” with, etc. But from what I see of Jana, she would never.

• Love 12
(edited)
22 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I'm in the same camp.  Jana has been doing her own thing for over 10 years, and nobody will convince me that she's under duress, is looking for Mr. Right or is desperate for what her married sisters have.  I think she says what she needs to say in public to preserve what's important to her, including Laura.

I think she has as much money, freedom and personal agency as she's comfortable with.  I think she goes to Target without a monitor, I think she surfs the Net without constraints, picks up hobbies she enjoys and I think she will continue on until she's tired of what she's doing. 

You do you, Jana.  Screw the audience, and that includes your family.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9