Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

For some reason this is reminding me of Aunt Becky posing her daughters on a rowing machine to get them into USC.  No skills or experience but posed pics.  

Just like most of the pictures posted from the Bahamas with the Medic Corps crew standing around the airport wearing their official tee shirts and carrying their official guns under their shirts.

• Love 20

Jana is pathetic by normal standards. Sorry, but at 29 and you still live at home and have no job ? Really?

I'd respect her a little if she spent ANY of her time helping others ( I am NOT counting the Bahamas vacation at helping) or bettering herself . But nope. Seriously pathetic. 

Everyone seems to have a soft spot for her but I think she is the ultimate lazy, most indoctrinated Duggar of the bunch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's not my BEC (Jessa is), but she is running a close second. She became more insufferable when she joined Instagram.

That seems to be a problem for multiple people in this crew. 

Perhaps someone should alert their PR consultant.....😀

Ixnay on the increased isibilityvay 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She became more insufferable when she joined Instagram.

I couldn't agree more.  When she was only on the show and had no social media presence, she was actually somewhat likable.  Now the carefully curated fake and edited photos make her extremely unlikable.   At least Johanna Gaines has a personality.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I'm surprised that she didn't photoshopped Miss Sexy out of the picture. Nike!   

We know she likes to photoshop clothes on the underdressed.  You'd think she'd have put a turtleneck and prairie skirt on Ms. Nike.

Laura Maisie's outfit looks even frumpier than Jana's.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 15
20 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Jana is pathetic by normal standards. Sorry, but at 29 and you still live at home and have no job ? Really?

I'd respect her a little if she spent ANY of her time helping others ( I am NOT counting the Bahamas vacation at helping) or bettering herself . But nope. Seriously pathetic. 

Everyone seems to have a soft spot for her but I think she is the ultimate lazy, most indoctrinated Duggar of the bunch. 

I don’t think she’s lazy at all.  I think she runs the household, does all the shopping, makes sure her still-at-home-siblings are taken care of and homeschools them and does whatever else a mother would do. In other words, Jana does everything that MEchelle ought to be doing.  JMHO

• Love 16
49 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

We know she likes to photoshop clothes on the underdressed.  You'd think she'd have put a turtleneck and prairie skirt on Ms. Nike.

Laura Maisie's outfit looks even frumpier than Jana's.

Yeah, Laura's dress is pretty awful, but at least it gives her a waist. Jana's is like a sack.

• Love 2

Laura appears in every single Duggar pic as Jana's plus one yet they still can't figure out why people question the relationship smh.

On another note, Laura must be very petite as she's standing on tippy toes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't understand Jana's outfit/dress. At least Laura's dress makes sense. Is Jana's outfit trendy? My favorite dress is the one farthest to the left. 

Oh, you know, they just have to do things a little bit different. Because Jesus loves them best.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't understand Jana's outfit/dress. At least Laura's dress makes sense. Is Jana's outfit trendy? My favorite dress is the one farthest to the left. 

I have seen dresses similar to Jana's over the years at various cheap clothing stores and thrift stores.   It's a basic cheap work dress with the top meant to mimic a blouse.  I have cousins who have worn them to weddings,  but it screams white trash. 

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jana's is just an empire waist sheath. It's a day dress and not very dressy, I guess, but it's daytime...and since when have the Duggars been very dressy? Her father wore worn-out black running shoes to weddings and black-tie dinners for decades....and there's no way he even runs. She may think the black skirt makes it a little dressy, and in a way maybe it does. She looks kind of like she could be on her way to an office but she still looks neat, matched with herself, and unobtrusive. 

And nobody in the picture is dressed in the same mode as anybody else, except maybe the two guys. To me they just look like a bunch of people going to one of those daytime events where you don't know how to dress because it's neither here nor there.

I think the most outlandish one is the woman in the long dress with the slit -- because she's dressed completely out of tune with her husband or her date or whatever he is. But she's probably the kind of person who's dying to get really dressed up and has no place to do it -- so she figured this occasion was as good as any.  As somebody who's almost always overdressed when I go out to a social event these days -- and always surprised by it, since I'm usually in a short dress -- I get where she's coming from, too. 

Empire waist sheath -- More form-fitted than Jana's....But Jana's a Gothardite and they're required to wear their clothes a couple sizes too big. image.thumb.png.5552ea3e92c1017106faa677e537a957.png

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

Wedgies like Jana is wearing in that photo are NOT DRESS SHOES for a wedding. When are they going to lean that. The 'rope' finish on the wedge makes them casual. This family really needs to address why Laura is constantly with Jana and the family. I thought this grown woman had a job with that company away from NW Arkansas? What happened there? Their silence about this is strange to me.

• Love 8

I guess wedding dress is always under scrutiny. I’ve gone to Enough weddings over the years to see everything - some people have no clue, no care, or a combination of both. Think of the 3000 people that come to Duggar weddings. I’m sure there are enough of them that are dressed for something other than a wedding. Jana is not the style maven she think she is

• Love 9

All the marketing in the world is not going to bring anyone into the Gothard fold unless they have a similar mindset already. It might bring more money into the Duggar pocketbook, but IMO, it'll have little impact on growing "God's army".

It like saying video games increase violence. In the wrong hands maybe so, but for the majority of folks, they don't.

If Laura's job is to promote Gothard - she's preaching to the choir. If it's to promote the Duggars, in hopes of promoting Gothard, well, she's preaching to the same choir.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

All the marketing in the world is not going to bring anyone into the Gothard fold unless they have a similar mindset already. It might bring more money into the Duggar pocketbook, but IMO, it'll have little impact on growing "God's army".

It like saying video games increase violence. In the wrong hands maybe so, but for the majority of folks, they don't.

If Laura's job is to promote Gothard - she's preaching to the choir. If it's to promote the Duggars, in hopes of promoting Gothard, well, she's preaching to the same choir.

I think that's absolutely true. However, Gothard attracted thousands and thousands in the not-distant past. And I don't think there's any way that fearful control freaks who want some kind of intellectual-seeming gobbledygook that promises to be a sure rulebook to guarantee they can control their wives and families and have monetary and other types of success in society while keeping an ultra-conservative lid on many human feelings and ideas have vanished from our midst. 

That choir may be singing with somebody else who promises similar things now....Or most of its members may just be wandering around loose looking for their next religious cult to join. Or they may have found that joining a political cult is just as satisfying and be engaging themselves fully with that, rather than with religion so much these days.

And, yeah, that choir may get bigger or smaller at different times and it may be a little smaller right now than it has been at times in the past (or not -- I'm pretty sure the same choir has been joining up with some of the "incel" stuff on the dark web, for example.)

But I'm quite sure this particular choir represents a kind of human being who will never ever vanish entirely. Especially in times of social flux when people who've been out of power for hundreds or thousands of years start trying to claim that power (which is the "danger" to "traditional values" that Gothard used as his very effective bait back in the 60s, 70s and 80s....)

Their cult lost power not because the choir they attracted was too small to worry about but because individual leader malfeasance made some people walk away and because parents who are attracted to this don't necessarily manage to force the same attraction in their children. But that doesn't mean somebody else's children wouldn't be attracted to it today.

Many dangerous people have preached to choirs that people thought were too tiny to worry about or had dwindled significantly over time or didn't even exist at all any more because the idea bait had totally lost its appeal -- and yet it turned out that those choirs were just waiting for a congenial choirmaster.....See: most cult leaders and every political madman who's gained control in a nation where people have the vote. (a lot of those have been in power throughout the late 20th and early 21st centuries and especially right this very minute, in every hemisphere...)

If we'd heard the pitches of Joseph Smith or L. Ron Hubbard or Bill Gothard when they were newly minted, many of us would almost certainly have said -- "Well, they'll never get anywhere with those, because they're preaching only to a very tiny choir".....And yet .... 

Now, do I think Laura and the other Gothardites are going to have success reassembling and attracting a choir anew? No, not really.

I think they're relying on images and representatives that have been over-utilized and have therefore lost much of their power. ..... And I think that, despite being a kind of malicious nut, Gothard was clearly a lot wilier and more charismatic than his current remnants are. 

However, do I think it would be possible for smarter, savvier, more charismatic people to retool his same antediluvian and abusive ideas into a Gothard-similar cult that would attract a sizable choir today? Absolutely. 

Why do so many people find The Handmaid's Tale so chilling if there's absolutely no reason to fear that somebody peddling those ideas could succeed? I argue that it's because there's plenty of reason to think somebody peddling those ideas could succeed. Not necessarily on the national scale of Gilead, of course. But on the same kind of scale Gothard succeeded on in the several decades in which he did succeed? Yeah.... and that scale did damage enough.

Just read at Recovering Grace and No Longer Quivering and at the many other places where people recount the damage done by Gothard's and similar cults. Heck, take a look at today's state governments, where many people from these and similar cults are alive and well and energetically enacting a helluva lot of anti-woman, anti-gender-difference, anti-religious-difference, anti-education and anti-social-contract rules and laws that are right out of the Gothard-and-similars playbook -- So there's both personal damage and social damage to fear from people like this....

If we don't remember history, we're doomed to never notice the forces who are always out there trying to recreate its worst moments...or to believe the choirs that would back those forces have somehow, in our time, become too trivlal and small to worry about.........and if we make those errors, we're doomed to repeat our worst history just when we're congratulating ourselves on being too smart to make the same mistakes as people made in the past. 

Laura, David Waller and Jim Bob probably won't be able to assemble more than a tiny ensemble. But I think history -- including very recent history -- tells us that there is quite a large choir susceptible to the same ideas -- if they're cast in different dress and new formats..... PR can do a lot with ideas most of us may abhor, if somebody's good at PR. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
20 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t think she’s lazy at all.  I think she runs the household, does all the shopping, makes sure her still-at-home-siblings are taken care of and homeschools them and does whatever else a mother would do. In other words, Jana does everything that MEchelle ought to be doing.  JMHO

I agree with you except the homeschooling part I don’t think Jana is homeschooling anyone don’t they have people who come in too teach the kids? Anyway I suspected that’s the reason Laura’s there she’s the homeschooling teacher (one of, I assume they have more)/babysitter/Janas accountability partner/whatever JB or Michelle tells her she is. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jana looks fine. She's not blazing any fashion trails, but in terms of Fundie weddings, it's not the worst ensemble I've seen. 

I agree I like what Jana is wearing.

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 2

For sure there will always be folks with outrageous beliefs, there will always be cults and will always be crazies in the world.

I just don't think the Duggars and their friend Laura have any idea of how little of an influence they have on others. Even with their millions of SM followers. I'm guessing many of their followers are haters, many are just full-time SM trolls and many more aren't actually following them. And for every like they do get, it probably has little reflection on the beliefs of those SM followers.

The Duggars will keep on Duggaring, just as David Waller will keep on Wallering, pretending they are saving folks every minute of every day. 

One thing good about SM is, it's harder to stay a wolf in sheep's clothing. Folks will out others in a heartbeat. So for anyone who doesn't see the Duggars for who they are, there is always someone on SM to point it out.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

For sure there will always be folks with outrageous beliefs, there will always be cults and will always be crazies in the world.

I just don't think the Duggars and their friend Laura have any idea of how little of an influence they have on others. Even with their millions of SM followers. I'm guessing many of their followers are haters, many are just full-time SM trolls and many more aren't actually following them. And for every like they do get, it probably has little reflection on the beliefs of those SM followers.

The Duggars will keep on Duggaring, just as David Waller will keep on Wallering, pretending they are saving folks every minute of every day. 

One thing good about SM is, it's harder to stay a wolf in sheep's clothing. Folks will out others in a heartbeat. So for anyone who doesn't see the Duggars for who they are, there is always someone on SM to point it out.

Oh, yeah, they're delusional, all right! No argument there. ... I'm pretty sure that JIm Bob and the boys of this cult retain considerably more political clout than we may imagine, however -- and we overlook that at our peril. 

I totally disagree with you about social media being primarily a truth check, however!

I agree that it does do what you say.

But at the very same time it also allows the most con-artist-y of con artists to spread their messages more widely than ever before..... and encourages (by multiple means -- many of them corporate algorithms that you and I know not of!) -- an increasing division of the public into belief silos where all sorts of false shit is able to propagate at faster rates than ever..... And it's one of the very effective cultural forces putting the brakes on what was formerly a slow but steady move toward improved language and numerical literacy.....And a very effective means of corporate brainwashing....

So my guess is that the best-case scenario is that social media's influence is about equal on the supports-truth and supports-falsehood sides. In which case, things are no different on the noticing-wolves-in-sheep's-clothing front than they ever were. .....

But if there is a difference between the two sides, I'd bet the slight edge goes to the promotes-falsehood-and-helps-disguised-wolves side. Because the powers that control social media -- like Jeff Zuckerberg and others -- are now mostly people who are not promoters of individual thinking in any way shape or form....they're promoters of turning us all into blind and highly manipulable consumers, period. 

Again, I'm not saying that dunderheaded Laura, Jana, David Waller are going to be successful! As you say, they're delusional. And they're dunderheads.

But not everybody who wants something similar to what they want is a dunderhead! And the means of manipulating people today are, at the very least, as powerful as they ever were.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

Speaking to SM as a means of spreading the word, in the last day or two, Jessa made a post to her 2.1M followers. She was trying to drum up support for ATI's Family Camp coming up in a couple of weeks. I wonder how many people will sign up based on what she posted?

• Love 5
22 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t think she’s lazy at all.  I think she runs the household, does all the shopping, makes sure her still-at-home-siblings are taken care of and homeschools them and does whatever else a mother would do. In other words, Jana does everything that MEchelle ought to be doing.  JMHO

I don't think she really does any of this ...it's all just part of the Selling-Off-Jana PR scheme. All for filming/cameras.

8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Empire waist sheath -- More form-fitted than Jana's....But Jana's a Gothardite and they're required to wear their clothes a couple sizes too big.

...until they're pregnant...then it's a couple sizes too small.

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jana looks fine. She's not blazing any fashion trails, but in terms of Fundie weddings, it's not the worst ensemble I've seen. 

The bar is set very low.

In that pic above ^^, at first I thought the slit-dress girl was a Bates.

As for Jana and where she gets all her ideas, recipes, gardening tips, etc.......from the Gaines' empire, of course!!! No need to surf the web, you sillies.

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Speaking to SM as a means of spreading the word, in the last day or two, Jessa made a post to her 2.1M followers. She was trying to drum up support for ATI's Family Camp coming up in a couple of weeks. I wonder how many people will sign up based on what she posted?

2. ...... Which I think is something like one-ten-thousandth of a percent? ....

I think a handful more of her followers may go. But that's just because they would have been going anyway. 

But.....what if the whole Duggar clan had the same core beliefs they have now but had the presentation of Jingle and Jer --  and the family camp embraced the same core beliefs as it does now, but did it with the veneer and style Jingle and Jer are putting out there. What if they changed nothing but their beliefs about clothing and presentation? 

I'm about 99.9 percent certain the number of people attracted would be considerably higher. And it is perfectly possible to embrace the core of the Duggar beliefs while dressing in shorts, etc. Just check out some of the Bates daughters. 

The Duggars' biggest barrier to getting very far with people is their style, in my opinion. Because that's the only thing most people care about or even notice. What's substantive doesn't even register with most people. If you look good enough, you can sell pretty much anything as far as I can tell.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa did mention that "several members of her family" would be in attendance. So, she definitely knows what sells to the leghumpers.

Yep. She knows the freakshow is the draw.....

What I wonder is whether she knows it's a freakshow! (Of course, those who know it's a freakshow won't ever be the ones attending....so I guess it'd be expecting too much for her to have figured this out. )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa did mention that "several members of her family" would be in attendance. So, she definitely knows what sells to the leghumpers.

And yet even when the Duggars are the main event they don't really draw a sizable crowd. So I'm guessing @Churchhoney's guess of two is right, but only one, if any, will actually show up.

I think the world at large is much smarter than the Duggars and even many conservative Christians have no desire to emulate them.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

i like this dress on jana, especially considering the location! Wonder if it's one of the less atrocious things from citrus and lemon!

The dress is ok, wearing Birkenstocks with it is not.  I will say her hair looks healthier than most of her sisters'.

• Love 9

Another stock photo. So now they’re in Arizona? Maybe going to visit jingle? She sure does a lot of traveling for someone with no visible means of income. The Bahamas,  universal studios, and now just wondering around the southwest.  I’m sure the symbolizes that the last girls are running the TTH now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
22 minutes ago, awaken said:

I guess things must be slow at work?  School on break so she’s on vacation? What? No work or school?  Hmmmm.  

Who, Katie Bates? She's in the cosmetology school at Clown College. There's plenty of time after school or Saturdays to do these shoots.

2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

i like this dress on jana, especially considering the location! Wonder if it's one of the less atrocious things from citrus and lemon!

I initially read this as Circus and Clown & now that’s going to be my go to name for C & L 🤣

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Boobs. That’s all I see in this picture. She’s sticking them out, right?

The horizontal stripe doesn't help....especially when there are vertical stripes right below it. ....If the horizontal and vertical stripes switched places, I doubt she'd look so busty......this is a dress more for those who want their stomachs minimized and their chests enhanced, I think.

• Love 3