Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Just now, Zella said:

Yeah she does do that all the time, doesn't she? I think they think it looks mysterious or cool, but it just starts to come off as goofy. 

Must be Laura’s social media coaching. “Look off in the distance, like you don’t even know you’re being photographed!”

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, awaken said:

Too much empty space in the photo, and she’s always looking away from the camera. What’s with that?

God yes. They do this ALL THE TIME. I don't understand their obsession with taking head to toe photos. Why do we have to see so damn much shiplap? Could they really not find a photo that wasn't eaten up by all that glare?

If they're doing promo photos, would it really have killed Jana to find a cute outfit? I just can't anymore with the denim skirts -- and the shirt is just tragic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jana is still in LA. Possibly Jinger's new live in nanny.

Laura is not with them, she posted pictures back in her home town.

I'm kind of wondering if this is an eventual plot point/episode--manhunting for Jana in LA. 🙄 (I've wondered that ever since that pic of her, Jeremy, Jinger, and the terribly incompetent Texas wedding photographer having coffee together was posted.)

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm kind of wondering if this is an eventual plot point/episode--manhunting for Jana in LA. 🙄 (I've wondered that ever since that pic of her, Jeremy, Jinger, and the terribly incompetent Texas wedding photographer having coffee together was posted.)

More likely leading up to Jinger needing a nanny while going through morning sickness.... (Just suggesting/kidding ..... no formal announcement ... yet)! 

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, Temperance said:

More likely leading up to Jinger needing a nanny while going through morning sickness.... (Just suggesting/kidding ..... no formal announcement ... yet)! 

Sadly yeah I could see that too. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Is it just me or does poor Jana look very exhausted and tired here? She looks 36 here!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Marthalord said:

Is it just me or does poor Jana look very exhausted and tired here? She looks 36 here!

I didn’t notice that so much as Felicity looking like she is Not. Having. It. Which I wholly support. Cling to those feelings and you might escape the shitshow, little girl. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Felicity looks sleepy. I don't thing Jana looks older, but the picture quality is terrible. I also don't think J and J would have her out as a nanny. I think they have really enjoyed their small family and not having to deal with a lot of Duggars. I do think that she may be out there to get the F away from her family. 

There's a deeper story lurking with Jana. There's simply no way in the world that some fundie man hasn't sought her out as a wife. They don't care about personality; they don't care about anything other than: female, fundie, can have kids. Either JB has refused every single suitor who has applied to him or she has. If JB has done it, then she has to hate him, like deep down in her soul. No matter how she was raised, if he's keeping her single for his own reasons, she has to loathe him. I know that people would just say "well she should leave" but in her mind, she probably can't. On the other hand, if she is the one refusing suitors, there's a reason behind it, and she could be at the point where she's like "I'm 30 and i'm done". I suspect these next few months will be very revealing when it comes to Jana. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, louannems said:

Those pictures are poor quality and so grainy.

which lends itself to the belief Laura is Jana's PR person. when Laura is around we get the higher quality, staged Jana pics. when she is not, we get grainy, less posed pics.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Marthalord said:

She does. And so does Felicity. 😁

Looks to me like the Jana effect may have something to do with too much filter, though. Duggarling photographers -- especially JIngle, I think -- seem to like creating monochromatic photos. Looks to me like there's some yellow-brown, maybe even faux-painting effect applied to these pictures.  (it's her artsy thing, I suppose.) Heavily filtered pictures often tend to be unflattering for at least one person in the photo, I've noticed. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I didn’t notice that so much as Felicity looking like she is Not. Having. It. Which I wholly support. Cling to those feelings and you might escape the shitshow, little girl. 

Yes.  Felicity, do not let your individuality be (figuratively) beaten out of you.  Rebel against the prop label, and let your RBF shine!  You're still cute, even with a pissy expression.

• Love 8

The unanswered question of why Jana isn't married is perplexing for sure.

Is she waiting for a perfect guy who doesn't exist? Is she afraid of marriage? Is she afraid of childbirth? Is she avoiding a passel of children? 

Or even more far fetched - does she have some physical anomaly that she's embarrassed about?

I'm not in the, JB stopping it or Jana staying home to protect the younger kids, camps. But, it stills seems odd to me that she's not married yet.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

Felicity looks sleepy. I don't thing Jana looks older, but the picture quality is terrible. I also don't think J and J would have her out as a nanny. I think they have really enjoyed their small family and not having to deal with a lot of Duggars. I do think that she may be out there to get the F away from her family. 

There's a deeper story lurking with Jana. There's simply no way in the world that some fundie man hasn't sought her out as a wife. They don't care about personality; they don't care about anything other than: female, fundie, can have kids. Either JB has refused every single suitor who has applied to him or she has. If JB has done it, then she has to hate him, like deep down in her soul. No matter how she was raised, if he's keeping her single for his own reasons, she has to loathe him. I know that people would just say "well she should leave" but in her mind, she probably can't. On the other hand, if she is the one refusing suitors, there's a reason behind it, and she could be at the point where she's like "I'm 30 and i'm done". I suspect these next few months will be very revealing when it comes to Jana. 

Believe it or not, I don't think it's JB. If it were JB, then NONE of the daughters would have found suitors (a la Steve Maxwell). Plus, Hannie is old enough to be a sister-mom/aunt-mom and look out for her younger sisters, Tyler and her nieces and nephews.

Keeping a SAHD around to care for JB and Michelle in their old age? Not necessarily, they can stay with one of their offspring when the other passes, just like Mary did with JB and Michelle. 

No, I think there has been some interest but Jana has rejected all of them for some reason.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The unanswered question of why Jana isn't married is perplexing for sure.

Is she waiting for a perfect guy who doesn't exist? Is she afraid of marriage? Is she afraid of childbirth? Is she avoiding a passel of children? 

Or even more far fetched - does she have some physical anomaly that she's embarrassed about?

I'm not in the, JB stopping it or Jana staying home to protect the younger kids, camps. But, it stills seems odd to me that she's not married yet.

I wonder whether it could be as simple as the we-absolutely-will-not-use-any-birth-control thing.

More than any of the daughters, she has experience taking care of a bazillion kids. She started at age 7 and has been doing it for more than 20 years already.

So I can well imagine that, even while she may like kids, she still might cringe at the idea of having full responsibility for another bazillion........Runny noses, diapers and spit-up plus homeschooling homeschooling homeschooling 24 hours a day as far into the future as the eye can see........

However, since a lot of what she says suggests she's super-devoted to all their crazy cult beliefs -- which prominently feature "headship calls the shots" and "absolutely no wire hangers  birth control of any kind ever" --  it doesn't seem she could enter marriage as a 20-something with any possibility of avoiding three additional decades (or more) of full-time kid raising and educating. She's apparently a strong cult believer, so I think she'd probably only want a husband who shared her core beliefs. 

Now, she might just hand most of those kids off to daughters for diapering and reading instruction. But there's no guarantee that your first six kids won't be boys. And Gothard boys don't seem to do any housework or much substantive child care. Plus, unlike her mother, she seems to be the conscientious type -- so would she feel comfortable handing off all that responsibility to children? Or would she feel the need to manage most of it herself? I can see the latter being the case with Jana. 

It seems the Austin-Joy marriage and the Joe-Kendra marriage, at least, are going with the as-many-kids-as-God-allows idea.

Is it possible that the prospect of that -- on top of her already long career in child care -- just scares her off young marriage? And into a plan to hold off on marriage until she's old enough to be guaranteed a more manageable number of kids -- And after that to just "leave it in God's hands"?

Then, either God will send her 30-something self a believing husband who's okay with her advanced age or He'll decree that she continue her Gothard-convent lifestyle till the end? (She already knows that that Gothard-convent lifestyle has its compensations -- like freedom to garden, draw pictures, go on trips, and watch kids for half a day and then send them home to their parents, for example...) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Believe it or not, I don't think it's JB. If it were JB, then NONE of the daughters would have found suitors (a la Steve Maxwell). Plus, Hannie is old enough to be a sister-mom/aunt-mom and look out for her younger sisters, Tyler and her nieces and nephews.

Keeping a SAHD around to care for JB and Michelle in their old age? Not necessarily, they can stay with one of their offspring when the other passes, just like Mary did with JB and Michelle. 

No, I think there has been some interest but Jana has rejected all of them for some reason.

Well, if she and JB both want a Gothard cultist for her -- and I expect that would be their ideal outcome -- as many have noted with the Bates situation a whopping number of the young guys who remain in that and other similar cults appear to be of the loser variety. 

It's not like pickings are great.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

Either JB has refused every single suitor who has applied to him or she has. If JB has done it, then she has to hate him, like deep down in her soul. No matter how she was raised, if he's keeping her single for his own reasons, she has to loathe him. I know that people would just say "well she should leave" but in her mind, she probably can't.

I have always felt that this is the case and I think there are a number of factors at play here. First, JB and Michelle are both extremely selfish people and they have always regarded their children as possessions rather than individuals with rights and feelings of their own. Having Jana at home to keep things running smoothly ("smoothly" being a relative term since they don't seem to mind living in filth and chaos) frees them up to travel extensively or to just sit around doing nothing. Granted, her services as housekeeper/babysitter are less necessary as the kids grow older, marry and leave home, but they probably can envision a time when they themselves will grow older and frailer and Jana will transition from child care to elder care.

Second, I think JB would be willing to see Jana marry, but only if there's enough benefit in it for him. She's his ace in the hole when it comes to negotiating with TLC. The show is running out of steam and eventually the numbers will drop to the point where TLC will seriously consider cancellation. JB knows that a Jana courtship/wedding is the one thing the fans are panting to see and it might reach the point where promising the network a year-long Jana arc could get him a season renewal. If that happens, he will quickly find an eligible suitor and push Jana to the altar.

Finally, I think Michelle really dislikes Jana and enjoys keeping her under her thumb. Michelle is a nasty piece of work and I think denying Jana the "privilege" of fulfilling a woman's highest destiny (marriage and motherhood) and keeping her confined to the lowly status of an unmarried female gives her some sort of sadistic pleasure. 

The idea that JB and Michelle care anything about their children and have their best interests at heart is a fallacy. These people are monsters of selfishness and entitlement who embrace the warped values of their religion for the power and control it gives them.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 18

I think it's probably a combination of the thoughts expressed here, that has kept Jana single.  For me, the most likely reason is that she is picky and the pickings are slim.  She also may be resisting due to not wanting to be the center of attention for JB's biggest rating grab ever.  She has been careful not to reveal much about herself, even since she joined instagram.  She may be waiting for the show to end.  She may be protecting the youngers from Josh and parental neglect.  She may be gay.  We won't know until the Jana story changes and that hasn't happened for years.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I think it's probably a combination of the thoughts expressed here, that has kept Jana single.  For me, the most likely reason is that she is picky and the pickings are slim.  She also may be resisting due to not wanting to be the center of attention for JB's biggest rating grab ever.  She has been careful not to reveal much about herself, even since she joined instagram.  She may be waiting for the show to end.  She may be protecting the youngers from Josh and parental neglect.  She may be gay.  We won't know until the Jana story changes and that hasn't happened for years.  

I agree and I wish the producers would stop nagging her about it. I notice Jana always deflects when the marriage topic comes up, so for whatever reason, she doesn't want to disclose why she's still single. The repetitive needling is demeaning and it's really shitty for the rest of the family to play into it. 

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree and I wish the producers would stop nagging her about it. I notice Jana always deflects when the marriage topic comes up, so for whatever reason, she doesn't want to disclose why she's still single. The repetitive needling is demeaning and it's really shitty for the rest of the family to play into it. 

I expect part of the problem for the producers is they don't have much else to ask! ...Plus, it appears most of the audience watches the show mainly or even solely for Duggar-daughter courtings and weddings and babeez babeez babeez....So the producers are obligated to play into that as much as possible or, you know, lose their jobs because the show gets canceled. 

They can't ask how her job is going or why she quit the master of fine arts program in the middle and switched to the MBA program or why she moved out of her apartment and into that complex across town last month or what kind of stuff she did on her recent New York City getaway with her girlfriends or whatever happened to that guy she was dating in 2017.

When it comes to hobbies, she seems mostly to redecorate her parents' house, landscape her parents' backyard, make "Duggar recipes" with her young siblings, and accompany her parents' younger kids to sing hymns at veterans' homes. And she's been doing those same activities over and over and over again for her whole life.

I'm sure the religion thing -- which seems to preoccupy her, based on social media -- must be ignored pretty much completely by the TeeVee show.

As for the the Duggars-at-large, needling and demeaning others and casting aspersions on the unmarried are almost certainly some of their top-favorite activities....along with flaunting their middle-school-type sex lives in front of the unmarried and a TeeVee audience of a million-plus strangers, of course. These are the things they've been inspired and encouraged to do by the sterling examples provided to them by their Parents of the Year for Life. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect part of the problem for the producers is they don't have much else to ask! ...Plus, it appears most of the audience watches the show mainly or even solely for Duggar-daughter courtings and weddings and babeez babeez babeez....So the producers are obligated to play into that as much as possible or, you know, lose their jobs because the show gets canceled. 

They can't ask how her job is going or why she quit the master of fine arts program in the middle and switched to the MBA program or why she moved out of her apartment and into that complex across town last month or what kind of stuff she did on her recent New York City getaway with her girlfriends or whatever happened to that guy she was dating in 2017.

When it comes to hobbies, she seems mostly to redecorate her parents' house, landscape her parents' backyard, make "Duggar recipes" with her young siblings, and accompany her parents' younger kids to sing hymns at veterans' homes. And she's been doing those same activities over and over and over again for her whole life.

I'm sure the religion thing -- which seems to preoccupy her, based on social media -- must be ignored pretty much completely by the TeeVee show.

As for the the Duggars-at-large, needling and demeaning others and casting aspersions on the unmarried are almost certainly some of their top-favorite activities....along with flaunting their middle-school-type sex lives in front of the unmarried and a TeeVee audience of a million-plus strangers, of course. These are the things they've been inspired and encouraged to do by the sterling examples provided to them by their Parents of the Year for Life. 

Quite the ministry.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/19/2019 at 12:58 AM, Lunera said:

Jana is still in LA. Possibly Jinger's new live in nanny.

Laura is not with them, she posted pictures back in her home town.

Is this Felicity? Jesus, what an awful picture. My first thought was that they were on a missioncation and this was a poor, unsaved waif that Jana was holding to show us her "servant's heart."

I can't believe that Jeremy and Jinger were okay with her posting these pictures.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

I'm shocked she's allowed to travel on her own. 

Laura?

But seriously, now's the time to just vanish, Jana. Get the money you stashed in the secret safe deposit box and just go!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Don't worry she left this part out. (JK)duggar-family-trip.png?fit=950,708

How many Duggars are going on this trip?  I count 20 bags and 10 people.  That is close to $500 in bag fees on most airlines.   I guess buy used, save the difference is more of a guideline at this point.

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

How many Duggars are going on this trip?  I count 20 bags and 10 people.  That is close to $500 in bag fees on most airlines.   I guess buy used, save the difference is more of a guideline at this point.

That is an utterly ridiculous amount of baggage for anyone.  They were traveling in the warm weather in the western US.  No winter coats, maybe a single sweater or jacket needed.  What on earth did they put in those suitcases (other than all the little bottles of shampoo and lotions, and the towels from their hotel rooms).

I had an aunt who was married, briefly, to a guy who used to fill his suitcase with empty toilet paper rolls and then take the full rolls from the hotel and leave the old cardboard tubes behind. She was mortified and that's part of the reason they didn't stay married.  Maybe they do something similar.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 10/15/2019 at 7:27 PM, Temperance said:

Her skirt and her necklace are nice; with a different shirt, it would be a cute outfit.  I would also recommend a haircut.

The girls will never cut their hair because Got Hard loves long hair👹

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

That is an utterly ridiculous amount of baggage for anyone.  They were traveling in the warm weather in the western US.  No winter coats, maybe a single sweater or jacket needed.  What on earth did they put in those suitcases (other than all the little bottles of shampoo and lotions, and the towels from their hotel rooms).

I had an aunt who was married, briefly, to a guy who used to fill his suitcase with empty toilet paper rolls and then take the full rolls from the hotel and leave the old cardboard tubes behind. She was mortified and that's part of the reason they didn't stay married.  Maybe they do something similar.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of that luggage was filled with things like food, toys, and the other rubbish they carry along on the stink-bus with the belief that they save money by paying the baggage fees and eating ritz crackers and microwave oatmeal out of their suitcases.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 10/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, cmr2014 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of that luggage was filled with things like food, toys, and the other rubbish they carry along on the stink-bus with the belief that they save money by paying the baggage fees and eating ritz crackers and microwave oatmeal out of their suitcases.

Didn't they bring a bunch of junk when they went to the Bahamas? 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jana did an ad for audible, She sounded super scripted and fake. How laughable, I bet she hasn't read more than 5 books in her entire life. 

They’re gone now. For some reason they’ve been deleted by her. 

• Useful 2
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She must have hooked up with Audible while she was staying with Jinger. Jinge has pimped out Audible many times.

I swear EVERYBODY pimps Audible. I don't have cable or Netflix, so I watch a lot of YouTube and there's always someone pushing Audible. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The book Jana was hawking (according to FJ) was Girl Defined. Girl Defined is also a blog and a ministry. They're two sisters who believe women should be women. They're big on women being stereotypically femine and anti-LGBTQ.  

It may be a bit like her momma's ROBO calls. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

The book Jana was hawking (according to FJ) was Girl Defined. Girl Defined is also a blog and a ministry. They're two sisters who believe women should be women. They're big on women being stereotypically femine and anti-LGBTQ.  

Honestly, visit the fundiesnark subreddit for a deep dive on GD. They are.......terrible people, but they must have been so excited a Duggar was pushing their “book”

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

And Derick's tweets and Jeremy's sermons....

...and, I expect, a whole lot of other stuff that's been said by various Duggars and Duggar adjacents that we just haven't gotten wind of yet....

We all know that every one of them-- and all their sweet friends, acquaintances, co-religionists and role models --  cherishes these exact same ideas. And is actually chomping at the bit to excoriate and condemn people regarding them day and night. 

But, for the most part (and with the notable exception of Derick), they spout off about them only when and where they think they can get away with it without threatening their status -- and the resultant cash -- as beloved TeeVee stars and "influencers" in this increasingly tolerant and thus hellbound land. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They did, yes. Pop tarts and chips. 

Oh, this is the type of stuff my folks do (and bring) too; and then express chagrin about "looking like bumpkins" when they're toting several trips of random bags back and forth through the hotel lobby.  They also insist upon all of us sharing a room (granted we're no Duggars; but once upon a time we were legitimately two couples and a singleton, all crammed in together); and once when I rebelled and booked my own room on a family vacation ('cuz dang, I may not be rich, but I have enough money that I don't have to squeeze into a rollout bed in my forties); they called up the hotel (without telling me) and stressed to the concierge that our rooms needed to be a connecting suite (*rolleyes*). 

This is called "frugality" and "what families do" by such type of people; and when you're feeding 24-36 on the hoof you might very well balk at paying Amtrak/JetBlue/even 7-11 prices; but it's always nonsensically too much stuff and my folks wind up toting much of it home; especially when the overwhelming majority of hotels are comping unlimited breakfast, and you yourselves are looking for "local color destination meal" locales for the remainder.  Even my father, who theoretically didn't grow up in such craziness, defined one particular great-aunt of mine as "weird" for booking her own hotel room in the nearest city whenever she comes to visit us, and (gasp!) apparently actually preferring it to hanging off one-third of a bed with her sisters/unmarried nieces/whomever thrashing about next to her; and clinging onto said sofa-couch with her toenails.

Edited by queenanne
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4