Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, chickenella said:

Voodoo? C'mon, that was being childish.

They are being Ignorant and they earned the label- Ugly American.

While I question the Chicken Feet and necks, I do not think it was Malicious. They all deserve each other!

I would put my foot down if I was Chantal. Obviuously she is paying for everything because what kind of money is he making?

They live in a crappy studio and he sends so much money that his family buys a three bedroom?? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, fountain said:

The model agent was hilarious.  I bet she thinks she came off well with all the "I don't work for Russ bs" and "Pao will work all month". And then to check her system and work she was supposed to do wasn't done and she brushed it off like "oops my bad hehe".  

"I am a Very Busy Woman!" Oh my god I had to pause the DVR while I laughed and laughed. Honey, you are shady as fuck, you have no intention of booking Pao on any job.

Pao's portfolio.Oy. Did she get those at Glamor Shots at the mall?

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

But here's the thing. Chantal was a bonehead from day one, they should have had a discussion about money and culture long before they got married. I'm not sure who was pushing for the K1 and the marriage, but I got the impression that it was Chantal. Either she was just hot to get married, or Pedro was amazing in the sack. But the two of them never sat down and had a real conversation about expectations, money, family, or culture. That's why you don't jump into marriage, even with immigration issues. I also think that Chantal probably saw 90 Day Fiance and figured it would be a free ride to get her squeeze into teh US and get some TV time for herself. 

I was aghast at how rude Chantel's mother was to Pedro's family. Even if they were being obnoxious in offering chicken feet and necks (I have to admit, I laughed. Chantel's mother acts so snotty and piss-elegant, she deserves it). I think Pedro's mother was punking them. "You think we are poor and ignorant. So here's a plate of chicken feet. Enjoy!") When they refused to get out of the van at Pedro's abuela's house...! What? Who does that? Her father's whining about the "packs of wild dogs"?? Chantel bleats about the "voodoo cauldron"? Chantel's mother is a snob and breathtakingly rude. And her pussy whipped husband and creepy son don't dare gainsay her. She and Pedro's mother seem to actually have a lot in common, lol.

And if Chantel bought a brand new laptop I'll eat my hat. She pulls the laptop out of her bag, no box? No power source, nothing? Its not even wrapped up in bubble wrap? I think Pedro's family is playing up for the cameras and laughing their heads off. Most of the stuff Pedro brought was not high ticket--toiletries, dresses, small appliances. I don't think Pedro's family are any prizes, but I'd take a plate of chicken feet with Mama Pedro and his sister than a banquet with Mama Chantel, who'd be waiting for you to use the wrong fork. At least Pedro's family can laugh and have fun.

• Love 8

Does Chantal work? 

I do remember in one of the previous episodes hearing that Pedro works two jobs now that he got his green card. I just can't remember hearing what does Chantal do for a living. 

The only one I feel sorry for is Pedro, he is between a really crappy situation. 

In Caribbean and Latin Cultures it is sort of expected that you will help the household, even if you leave. The entitled way that his mother and sister go about it though is awful. It is his call to help or not and now that he is married they need to understand that he can't support two households, it just won't work. Pedro needs to have a talk with his mom, send his sister to work so she can pick up some bills and then he can help a little. 

On the other hand, Chantal is insufferable, she is immature and childish. How does this never come in a conversation when they were talking about marriage, finances is always such a delicate issue even without the cultural clash. Chantal's family is despicable, they were determined to make this experience as painful as possible and they found their match in Pedro's family who are also horrible. 

The only  good thing about this show is that it has helped me to have more appreciation for my husband  (who never bothers to ask me how much and how frequently do I decide to help my parents), for my parents (who never, ever ask me for anything but I would give them the world if I could) and for my in-laws (who are just normal, boring, loving people) 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Two wrongs don’t make a right.  Both Chantal and Pedro’s families are awful.  If chicken feet is not part of Pedro’s family every day diet, then why was the dish offered to Chantal’s family?  I don’t blame them for being offended. So, Pedro chose to use his TLC checks to give his mom and sister a come-up and Chantal opt to use hers to buy a new car, I don’t understand why she is upset; especially since he also bought her a ring for $3,500.  Like he said, you get more bang for your US bucks in some countries.   However, his sister and mom seem very greedy and entitled.   

Pao’s “agent” claims she is the best and yet her client hasn’t had an assignment. Clearly Russ hasn’t seen the tape, otherwise he would know that it didn’t take much convincing to get Pao to doff her top. 

I have a feeling that if the immigration lawyer wasn’t on tape, his advice to Loren and Natasha would have been much different.  Let’s face it, there are at least a half million illegal aliens in this country, so one more won’t make any difference.  I don’t believe it would take Artem very long to find a nice Jewish girl and get married.  Problem solved. 

Jorge and Anfisa are a murder docudrama waiting to happen.   

I am over Dani and Mo.  I wish they would just go away, because there’s nothing to see there. 

Set him up with Loren's sister. Problem solved.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

They are busy "building their cases" for their big day in court!

I am curious if tlc got the video of Mo's facebook live feed he did at the courthouse and will use it in the show. I think they might and also may be why Mo disappeared off social media. 

I think Danielle is not the only one being conned...Chantal is totally being conned or taken advantage of by Pedro, his sending money and material things to his family who probably sell it on ebay in the DR is nuts.  Non necessity items like a lap top or TV...um, no. Something fishy there. 

And still Anfisa insists Jorge did something wrong. She is a narcissist or a psychopath, not sure which applies better.  I love that Jorge finally met with his sister alone, Lourdes could not get the smile off her face!

Pao and that agent...shifty, how suddenly will the agent book Pao if she has not done it in the past?  The agent almost sounded like it's revenge booking, lol. I really don't like the blonde hair on Pao, so washed out.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, escapetoreality said:

Anyone know what kind of work Pedro is doing? 

He works construction and at a restaurant kitchen. She goes to college and cheerleading coaching. They're not in a position to buy gaming systems, laptops and TVs.  I wouldn't be surprised if they purchased these items on her credit with the plan to pay it off with series money.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, okerry said:

And they were totally f*cking with Family Chantel with those chicken feet, because Family Chantel dared to want Pedro to sign a pre-nup. 

I'm going to rewatch that because I remember thinking that Pedro didn't want to eat it either, it looked like, maybe, he just ate some of the breading. 

You all can flame me all you want. I'm not eating chicken feet, tripe, mountain oysters, or anything commonly referred to as offal. I'm going to sit my snobby butt down and have some grilled chicken breasts or beef tenderloin with a nice glass of wine.  Call me an ugly American, I can take it with a smile.

2 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

And what's the point of marrying someone form a another culture if you want them to leave it all behind and become totally American?

In every case I've seen where it all went bad - both IRL and on this show - the American assumed that the foreigner would be so grateful to be allowed to stay in the USA that they'd shower the American with love and gratitude for the rest of their lives. Just like Jorge, Danielle, Mark (The Specimen,) Russ, and most of the others thought would happen.

Of course, sometimes it can work out fine. Alexei and Loren seem pretty normal and will probably be fine. I'm just saying that when it goes bad, it goes very very bad, and is just like you see on this show. They're not overdramatizing it. In some ways, it's even worse.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't believe all cultures are equal.  Cannibalism.  Slavery. Human sacrifice.  Genital mutilation.  Sale of 9 year old daughters.  Just a few things off the top of my head.

Edited by Swim mom
Spelling
17 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't care if they get divorced or get an annulment, but why should Mo get to stay in the US? So you come over in some bogus manner in a fake marriage and you get to stay ? But Alex's brother has to wait 13 years to be with his family? Something is wrong with this picture.

I hate to say this but I think Mo has kinda earned it after dealing with Danielle (joke!)!  Their part of the show is a gift that keeps on giving.  

I was surprised it takes that long to bring him over.  Personally I think Loren should consider moving to Israel.  If they all can't come over at the same time and its important to Alex to be with his family it should be considered.  Especially since it seems like Loren isn't working.  She can Stay-At-Home-Wife-it in Israel as easily as she can here. 

Jorge/Anfisa, what else is there to say.  Both horrible and might actually deserve each other.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

You all can flame me all you want. I'm not eating chicken feet, tripe, mountain oysters, or anything commonly referred to as offal. I'm going to sit my snobby butt down and have some grilled chicken breasts or beef tenderloin with a nice glass of wine.

No flames, but I'm lucky enough that I'm willing to try anything "foreign" if others are eating it.  I do think that Pedro's mother was being a snot by cooking/serving chicken feet.  If members of the family (other than Pedro's brief taste for the camera), I would have tried one.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I just googled Dominican Republic foods. None of the first 20 recipes had chicken feet or necks.

If you're going to drive 5 hours to get somewhere, why not leave earlier so you don't arrive in the dark? 

Also, you have to have a green card to work, I think Anfisa just got hers, plus, she has no car.  Granted, she probably should start looking soon.

Ok, how many of us did that? I know I did.   I tend to be a picky eater but I saw a ton of stuff that looked very yummy.  I had to watch a bit of this story (DVR stuff) even though I can't stand them and it reminded me how awful they all are.

All Anfisa needs is a laptop with a camera and wifi to get back to her old job...

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

I don't believe all cultures are equal.  Cannibalism.  Slavery. Human sacrifice.  Genital mutilation.  Sale of 9 year old daughters.  Just a few things off the top of my head.

Right, but I don't think I was talking about that. Sorry if it was somehow confusing. that I was talking about people from poorer counties on this show  like the DR, Russia, Colombia  etc  being pushed into giving up their culture because they should be SO grateful to live in the USA. If you marry someone from a different culture, you should be prepared to respect it in the same way you want your own culture respected. You can't be all " You have to live by my rules because I deigned to marry you and grant you a green card to save you from your miserable shit hole of country." Lording economic power over someone is no way to participate in a healthy relationship . And FYI , we had slavery and ethnic annihilation ( Trail of Tears, anyone?)  and Japanese internment camps in WWII By the standards outlined in the above post, the US isn't looking too hot.

• Love 15
56 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

We lived in Germany for three years during the early part of our marriage. I loved living there and had a great time, but it was hard to adjust.. It is really, really hard to go form your native language to a new one. I am fluent in German now, but it is never as easy as your native language.

First, wow, you're so fortunate to have learned German.  I had it in high school and have tried to retain it over the past 40+ years but I have no one to speak it with so it remains at the tourist phrase level.  I'm green with envy.  

When you lived in Germany, though, I'm sure you didn't insist on "this is how we do it in America."  Before my mom moved here from the UK, her dad told her "don't go to America and tell them how we do things in England.  Live like an American."   I think that is what the poster was speaking about, in general terms.  I get the impression that she had seen this sort of ignorance up close and personal.  Of course, nobody would mind cooking an ethic dinner for a loved one and even cherishing that culture (again...me...envious).  But as a rule, in Rome, do as a Roman.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

First, wow, you're so fortunate to have learned German.  I had it in high school and have tried to retain it over the past 40+ years but I have no one to speak it with so it remains at the tourist phrase level.  I'm green with envy.  

When you lived in Germany, though, I'm sure you didn't insist on "this is how we do it in America."  Before my mom moved here from the UK, her dad told her "don't go to America and tell them how we do things in England.  Live like an American."   I think that is what the poster was speaking about, in general terms.  I get the impression that she had seen this sort of ignorance up close and personal.  Of course, nobody would mind cooking an ethic dinner for a loved one and even cherishing that culture (again...me...envious).  But as a rule, in Rome, do as a Roman.  

No. I didn't insist on anything because I didn't have to. My husband was always really understanding - helping me to find certain foods I really liked or getting me the BBC via satellite, bringing me English books from his business trips to the UK. All the movies we rented were always in English because it was nice to have a break form speaking German 24/7.  My point is that he met me half way. With the exception of Russ, I don't see any of these jerks doing anything to ease the transition for their spouses. Why can't Jorge help Anfisa find a group of Russian expats to hang with? Why was Loren pouting and making gagging noises about he chicken livers....acting all "I won't eat that."  I mean, fine, don't eat it you silly cow. But make some of his favorite foods once in a while.  They all seem to have that attitude that the foreign spouse should be so bloody thankful to be here.  Chantel's family acts like they are so much better than Pedro's. But I think the reason both families hate each other is that they are totally similar. Chantel's family acts like they are to the manor born in the same way Pedro's family does.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Danielle is not the only one being conned...Chantal is totally being conned or taken advantage of by Pedro, his sending money and material things to his family who probably sell it on ebay in the DR is nuts.  Non necessity items like a lap top or TV...um, no. Something fishy there. 

And still Anfisa insists Jorge did something wrong. She is a narcissist or a psychopath, not sure which applies better.  I love that Jorge finally met with his sister alone, Lourdes could not get the smile off her face!

Pao and that agent...shifty, how suddenly will the agent book Pao if she has not done it in the past?  The agent almost sounded like it's revenge booking, lol. I really don't like the blonde hair on Pao, so washed out.

Here, let me help!

She is a narcissistic psychopath.

Did I help? :D

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I was surprised it takes that long to bring him over.  Personally I think Loren should consider moving to Israel.  If they all can't come over at the same time and its important to Alex to be with his family it should be considered.  Especially since it seems like Loren isn't working.  She can Stay-At-Home-Wife-it in Israel as easily as she can here

I can just tell that there's no way Princess Loren would move out of the US. She wants Alexi to bring his family over to the US, but her moving, no way. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Swim mom said:

I'm going to rewatch that because I remember thinking that Pedro didn't want to eat it either, it looked like, maybe, he just ate some of the breading. 

You all can flame me all you want. I'm not eating chicken feet, tripe, mountain oysters, or anything commonly referred to as offal. I'm going to sit my snobby butt down and have some grilled chicken breasts or beef tenderloin with a nice glass of wine.  Call me an ugly American, I can take it with a smile.

No flame from me.  I won't eat that stuff either.  I am not a big meat eater.  I will eat some meat but choose most of the time not to.  I won't be rude about it or make any judgments because they might actually be fabulous.  I just have some meat phobias and its MY issue not theirs.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Chantel's mother is a snob and breathtakingly rude. And her pussy whipped husband and creepy son don't dare gainsay her. She and Pedro's mother seem to actually have a lot in common, lol.

But she has nothing to be a snob about- she is classless and ignorant. What she accuses Family Pedro of is just stupid and she comes across as tasteless an uneducated. Did she think they were cannibals and going to put them in the pot?

Can you imagine if things were reversed and Family Pedro did that to them?

Never have I wanted to write anyone more than them!

5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If Diamond is so bothered by crazy Danielle harassing her, why doesn't she just block her from texting her and from social media? It's not rocket science. 

Exactly!! Block the Cow and be done with it!

Same as Mo- block her!!!

• Love 6

Chantel is dumber than a box of rocks and she also cannot move her jaw when she speaks which drives me crazy. I blame her for most of this problem...she began this whole thing by lying to her parents about Pedro. Her parents don't trust him now, wanted him to sign the prenup, that ticked off Mommy Pedro and set up this whole cycle of the two of them lying to each other about everything. They are both very immature. Chantel's parents were rude to Pedro's family. Pedro's family is shady AF -- asking immediately about the TV and the whole chicken feet fiasco. None of these people are looking good.

Danielle is a drama queen. Mohamed is not being honest. If she really wanted him out of her life she would have divorced him. This annulment is dragging things on, which she wants. There is a little part of this that is fun to watch, but it's getting old and I think that Danielle is seriously mentally ill and needs help. Mo is simply a con artist who needs to own his shit and move on with his life too. 

Pao is no model. She's a third rate instagram model at best. No reputable agent would be pushing for sexier shots. I love how the agent got caught having done nothing. Also, Pao's hair keeps changing color. It's going to cost her a freaking fortune to keep it nice, blond and shiny. 

Anfisa and Jorge will end up on a spouse murder special. They are a real train wreck,

• Love 17
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't care if they get divorced or get an annulment, but why should Mo get to stay in the US? So you come over in some bogus manner in a fake marriage and you get to stay ? But Alex's brother has to wait 13 years to be with his family? Something is wrong with this picture.

Just get Danielle to marry Alexei's brother! Problem solved!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I can just tell that there's no way Princess Loren would move out of the US. She wants Alexi to bring his family over to the US, but her moving, no way. 

She has already admitted as much.

11 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

But she has nothing to be a snob about- she is classless and ignorant. What she accuses Family Pedro of is just stupid and she comes across as tasteless an uneducated. Did she think they were cannibals and going to put them in the pot?

Can you imagine if things were reversed and Family Pedro did that to them?

Never have I wanted to write anyone more than them!

Exactly!! Block the Cow and be done with it!

Same as Mo- block her!!!

Because then she wouldn't get to appear on TV & get her TLC paycheck!  Duh!

• Love 1

I hope Parents Chantel have a good lawyer and have arranged for Chantel's inheritance to be deposited in a trust with her siblings in charge of it, or it's going Fed Ex to the DR.

What happened to Pao?  I used to find her sort of adorable.  But that was before this season's blond hair extensions, increased boob size, and mean-spirited attitude.  Now I'd say she looks like a cheaper-end porn star, but I'm afraid I'd be offending cheaper-end porn stars.  

• Love 24

Loren's problem is easily solved. Start the process for the parents now, because it takes so long. Meanwhile, when little bro starts thinking about a potential wife, get a visitor visa, bring him over, and introduce him to every single girl you know. A little Kosher wine, a little kugel, problem solved.

I just typed in chicken feet into a google search and you know when suggestions come up before you hit 'enter?' Well, the second option was chicken feet Dominican Republic for me. When I pressed enter out of curiousity I got reddit and reality tea both talking about this show. So congrats Family Pedro, you put the DR on the map for something I don't think most people associated it with.

I remember trying and liking chicken feet as a child but as I grew up and got a good look or rather looked across the table and saw my dad going to town on one and he had it in such a position as the toes where all splayed across his face with one of the nails gently poking his cheek I swore off that mess.

I am sure FL has a diverse group of people but both Paola and Mo along with the people they associate with are making it look like Thotlandia. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

Loren's problem is easily solved. Start the process for the parents now, because it takes so long. 

It will only take six months to get the parents; it's the 18 years to get Artem that is the problem.  Loren migrating to Israel isn't on the table because Alexei likes Florida and wants to stay.  

If I was a guest at Pedro's mom's home, the first thing I would have said, "So...where's the rest of the chicken?"

Out of all of Anfisa's BS, the biggest one of all is that she's 20.  She's talking about Botox for her wrinkles, her face and lips look like they're full of fillers.  My daughter is 20, her friends are 20, I know what 20 looks like.  Anfisa is not 20.

• Love 13

An observation that many people have made regarding those people who appear for a second season of reality t.v. (no matter what show) really applies to this franchise as well as so many others: those we may have initially liked do not fare as well the more we see them.  Never a fan of Chantal's family, but wow are they coming off way worse this season, starting with River's nonsensical attacks on Pedro at their pick-up basketball date.  I am dumbfounded as to why Chantal's family would act the way they did as they knew that they were being filmed and their comments would be broadcast.  No matter how much I might not like something, I will eat it or just be polite to people who have invited me somewhere.  I have visited many countries and have eaten things that I never in a million years thought I would eat.  Why?  Because people prepared it for me and were being hospitable to me.  An easy out regarding the chicken feet: "oh, we'll wait for you to join us and eat as we are your guests."  Worse case scenario-just politely say no.  Instead, Chantal's mother wanted to immediately point out that Pedro's mom called them stupid Americans.  That could have waited until a more appropriate time, or even addressed in a different way.  "We were offended when Chantal told us that you called us stupid Americans..."  I think that Pedro's family was being rude by making food that they themselves won't even eat, but there were other dishes there that family Chantal could have eaten.  Actually, Chantal's mom started even earlier when they weren't cooking the meal fast enough for her and she announced that she was going back to the hotel.  As for the disrespect demonstrated towards the grandmother-I can't even begin with that.  Chantal's family being all 'the grandmother lives so poorly and the mother so well-we are offended and won't get out.'  What kind of logic is that?  Of all the people involved in the Chantal/Pedro events, the one my heart goes out to is the grandmother.

So Pao's agent-all indignant, implying that the reason Pao isn't getting jobs is because Pao doesn't check her account/calendar and then ON FILM showing that she never made the promised profile for Pao.  Also, the agent said Pao needed recent photos-well, that's what she had Pao do two months ago with the low-rent photographer.   I have no patience for Pao and she is coming off so much worse (IMO) this season than previously.  I couldn't believe the beige outfit she wore to see the agent as it really looked like she was trying to look naked but with clothes on.  I think Pao's hair color looks horrible.  Hopefully Russ and Pao will soon discover that there's no way she is going to be a working model.  

Loren just seems to not be able to understand why people don't automatically give her whatever she wants.  She's surprised about the wait for the brother to come over?  She didn't realize Alexei had to be a citizen before bringing his parents over?  People don't just immediately forgive her when she's been caught in a lie?  Poor, poor Loren.

I know this might sound weird, but I'm kind of glad that Danielle and Mo have to deal with each other.  They both thought they were getting exactly what they wanted without having to put forth any effort-for Danielle it was a good looking man (I know there's a lot of debate about that, but I think it's her belief that he's good looking), and for Mo it was an easy way to get to the U.S.  I laugh at so much of the drama they bring and always thing of the adage "but careful what you wish for..."

Jorge is still trying to play the victim in his confessionals.  Yeah, whatever Jorge...  

• Love 19

Adeejay, I think you misread, or misunderstood my post. I said they need to bring Artem HERE for a visit and find him a wife HERE.  Not in Israel.

1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

Chantel is dumber than a box of rocks and she also cannot move her jaw when she speaks which drives me crazy. I blame her for most of this problem...she began this whole thing by lying to her parents about Pedro. Her parents don't trust him now, wanted him to sign the prenup, that ticked off Mommy Pedro and set up this whole cycle of the two of them lying to each other about everything. They are both very immature. Chantel's parents were rude to Pedro's family. Pedro's family is shady AF -- asking immediately about the TV and the whole chicken feet fiasco. None of these people are looking good.

Danielle is a drama queen. Mohamed is not being honest. If she really wanted him out of her life she would have divorced him. This annulment is dragging things on, which she wants. There is a little part of this that is fun to watch, but it's getting old and I think that Danielle is seriously mentally ill and needs help. Mo is simply a con artist who needs to own his shit and move on with his life too. 

Pao is no model. She's a third rate instagram model at best. No reputable agent would be pushing for sexier shots. I love how the agent got caught having done nothing. Also, Pao's hair keeps changing color. It's going to cost her a freaking fortune to keep it nice, blond and shiny. 

Anfisa and Jorge will end up on a spouse murder special. They are a real train wreck,

remind me did he end up signing it??? gosh i hope so. the whole chicken foot thing really angers me 

• Love 1
On 7/17/2017 at 9:41 AM, Chickabiddy said:

I also think Alexei gets a lot of flak for his language skills and being blunt with his feelings. Most Europeans are pretty blunt about life. (I know he lives in Israel, but his family is from Russia.) They don't sugar coat things, and in general don't feel the need for things to be perfect.

I have taken him this way since the first episode we met him, and I have always loved him for it.  And I think he is truly the perfect type of guy for Loren. She could railroad a guy easily with her dramatic antics and Alex is like 'eff that' and shuts it down immediately lol   I really think he's great.  

And then he'll go and comfort her later.  

On 7/18/2017 at 3:45 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

Tourette's is variable condition but by no means 'extremely minor' - for some, it is debilitating.

I get that it can be a horrible condition and I wouldn't wish it on anyone... but it drives me nuts that Loren acts like it's a death sentence and HER condition is pretty minor. 

During Dani's scenes where they kept talking about proof that the marriage was a sham.... did anyone else think that they should just show the judge a photo of mohammed and Dani together and that should be proof enough??? anyone??

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

It will only take six months to get the parents; it's the 18 years to get Artem that is the problem.  Loren migrating to Israel isn't on the table because Alexei likes Florida and wants to stay.  

It is six months AFTER Alexei gets his citizenship in a few years. You can't sponsor family with a green card so he can't start applying now. He has to wait to become naturalized, which takes a few years also. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I think they said 13-year waiting list for the brother. From what I understood, the six-month countdown for his parents begins AFTER Alexi becomes a citizen (which takes 3 years after getting a green card -- I think he's only one year in?) and petitions for them to come here. So we're likely 2.5 years out from even his parents moving to the U.S. -- Artem has plenty of time to visit the U.S. multiple times and meet and marry an American -- there may even be some type of semi-arranged marriages among the more conservative sects and an Israeli citizen might be a hot property? No idea, but point being -- there is still plenty of time for an Artem coming-to-America solution OR maybe he will be established with a job, wife, home of his own in Israel by the time his parents would be moving here 2.5 yrs from now and momma won't worry so much about leaving him "alone."

Edited by ChiBurbsMama
  • Love 5

Meanwhile,  the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism has noticed an abrupt drop in the number of reservations from the United States. 

Well last night was interesting.  What did the parents expect in the DR?  Surely they had some clue about where they were heading all dressed up.  I'm also curious.  Where is all this money coming from to afford $3500 rings, six months rent for mom and sis in DR and all those lavish gifts...tv, laptop.  Is this all TLC money?

I think once Mohammed tells the judge he had sex one time with Danielle he'll win just because.  LOL

Pao is over the hill.  She needs to find a new career.  That young model and her husband is just that..a young model.  Pao is thick and is gaining weight.  Russ is right but who listens to him.  She's been in Miami two months and no work.  Why are they staying with this one.  Empty promises when the rent needs to be paid.  TLC again.

Jorge is a cry baby to his sisters and they enable him to the max.  They need to tell him 'grow up'  I thought he was making it big with the pot business.

Alexi and Loren.  I can't look at her without thinking she lied about her condition and that troubles me because Alexi and his family seem pretty decent.

• Love 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, ChiBurbsMama said:

I think they said 13-year waiting list for the brother. From what I understood, the six-month countdown for his parents begins AFTER Alexi becomes a citizen (which takes 3 years after getting a green card -- I think he's only one year in?)

That's exactly what the attorney said. So 3.5 yrs to get the parents here, and 13 years for the brother. How old is the brother? Anything can happen in the years before the parents are brought over here.  Brother could land a great job, fall in love, get married, have a kid or two and maybe not want to come to the U.S. at all. Why are they stressing about that now? Nobody is going anywhere for 3.5 years!! Maybe Alexei should have thought about  coming all the way over here when he was so hot to be with Loren and  was breaking away from the family was a second thought. It wasn't a priority then to keep the family together so why is it now? 

I soooooo loved Pao getting her ass knocked down a couple of notches! I knew that agent was just scamming her and taking her money! Pao hasn't worked a day! I'm disappointed that Russ is giving that lady another chance. Pao didn't have a whole lot to say in that meeting, now did she? Where was her big smart ass mouth then? I hope in private Russ was saying: I told you so, I told you so, I told you so!  

p.s. Pao has completely ruined her hair. It's like dull straw. The color is awful. In her talking heads, the ends look greenish grey. I thought she was much more attractive as a brunette. I swear she has had a nose job. I don't remember it being so small the first season she was on. In any event, she looks like shit!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I hate to say this but I think Mo has kinda earned it after dealing with Danielle (joke!)!  Their part of the show is a gift that keeps on giving.  

I was surprised it takes that long to bring him over.  Personally I think Loren should consider moving to Israel.  If they all can't come over at the same time and its important to Alex to be with his family it should be considered.  Especially since it seems like Loren isn't working.  She can Stay-At-Home-Wife-it in Israel as easily as she can here. 

Jorge/Anfisa, what else is there to say.  Both horrible and might actually deserve each other.

Alexi and his family are considered a second or third class group in Israel. He's not able to find gainful employment and he's not desirable to Israeli-born females -- which is why he married an American. The family most likely wants out ASAP.  

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Alexi and his family are considered a second or third class group in Israel. He's not able to find gainful employment and he's not desirable to Israeli-born females -- which is why he married an American. The family most likely wants out ASAP.  

Good to know!  Maybe Loren's friend that took the heat over the strippers can marry Artem.  HA!

• Love 2

Where do I begin?

Anfisa and Jorge - When Anfisa arrived from Russia she certainly didn't find what she expected. Jorge told her he was a millionaire and he would get her anything she wanted. She was expecting a nice house, Chanel purses, jewelry, luxury cars. Instead she gets a shabby apartment in a nowheresville neighborhood in LA or Orange County. She got scammed more than Jorge. Financially he's barely scraping by and he lied to her to get a "hot girl" to come over and be his bride. Don't feel sorry for him at all.    

Pao and Russ - The modeling career that  never was. At 29 Pao is too old to be starting out as a model. I think the advice the shady agent gave her to try bartending is good advice and not just for a a day job but as her full time career.

Dani and Mo - Mo's bringing Dani's criminal past to the courthouse with him. It looked like he printed out about 5 pages of documents with Dani's record. Dani would take Mo back so fast if he offered to come back. These two deserve each other.

Loren and Alexi - It's all about Lauren everyday all day. Alexi's mom seems like a very nice lady.

Chantal and Pedro - The visit to the Dominican Republic was a train wreck. I think Pedro's mom and sister were playing Chantal's family by serving chicken feet and chicken necks. They were giggling over it in the kitchen and they got the expected reaction. I thought it was rude that the family Chantal wouldn't get out of the van at Pedro's grandma's house. What a bunch of snobs. It was a humble house in the country but all the ladies in the yard were cooking up a homemade meal to welcome them and the family Chantal couldn't bother with it. "Oh, my, there are dogs running around!" "Oh, my, there's a cauldron in the  yard. It's voodoo!!" Did anyone else think of MacBeth? hahaha The only one that seems fairly normal in the whole bunch is Chantal's dad. Her mother and River are worthless. As for Pedro's mother and sister, I suppose  Pedro can buy them whatever he wants since he's working. Chantal doesn't have to agree with it but she's a spoiled brat and seems to get whatever she wants. It doesn't look like she has to cut back on anything because Pedro is buying things for his mother. I thought it was funny when the women cooking in the yard said she was "muy loco" to each other and she screamed "Stop laughing at me!" and huffed out. Chantal and Pedro will be just fine. She has the hots for Pedro! So much unnecessary drama created by her family!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Alexi and Loren.  I can't look at her without thinking she lied about her condition and that troubles me because Alexi and his family seem pretty decent.

I think Loren provided the information she and her parents were given before she visited the Tourette's Society.  She was probably told most of her life (at least when having children was a serious consideration) that Tourette's was not a genetic condition.  I don't believe her parents kept anything from her.

• Love 3