Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, chickenella said:

Russ seems like a likeable, good head on his shoulders guy, I hope he wises up to her. I think she's full of shit.

He's  like any red blooded male, entangled in a web of being blinded by T and A. There will come a day when he gets tired of her shit, and there will be a reckoning.  We are watching reenactments that are months old.  How much is fact and how much is fiction, we'll never really know. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, chickenella said:

Don't feel bad, I watched it again tonight, too! My husband looked at me like I had 2 heads when I said it right before she said it, lol! I'm so glad he got to see it, now he knows why I've been sort of saying it all week. The other day we were in the car, my purse was hidden in the back seat, I had to say "Get my bag" and I almost screeched it like Anfisa, next time I will.

Ahhhhh, the lure of Anfisa. I have a better understanding now of how she drew Jorge in. Look what she's done to us just by screaming like a banshee.

• Love 1

Why did Beth yell at Mohammed to leave Danielle alone again? Danielle called him while Beth was sitting there.  They had a discussion about calling him prior to it happening.  What part of that is Mohammed not leaving Danielle alone? 

I get Alexei needing to process the Tourette's news. And Loren being totally ADD about giving it "HERE IS SOME SURPRISING NEWS THAT I KNOW WILL UPSET YOU BUT DON'T YOU DARE REACT IN A WAY THAT MAKES ME FEEL BAD FOR NOT TELLING YOU BEFORE!"

I have a diagnosis that makes me non-neurotypical. I know my behavior can be hard for my husband to deal with. I sometimes feel bad about it and putting the burden on him and watching for our child to show signs that would indicate that he might also have it. It would hurt my feelings if he was judgemental about it, for sure. But jaysus, give the dude some time to process.  Or better yet, make an appointment with a genetic counselor to discuss the ramifications and the possibility of passing it on to your children. Don't leave it up to Dr. Google.  WTF.

• Love 5
On 7/13/2017 at 8:14 PM, sunshine85 said:

Beth's behavior on this episode was disgusting. I see nothing funny about her showing her true bigot colors by telling Mohamed to go back to his poor country and family goat. Based on the way she presents, she's barely middle class, and less than a paycheck away from poverty. She's the last person I'd want to have a meal or beers with. 

Pao and Russ need to end their marriage. They're much too different for their marriage to work. 

Danielle looked so satisfied when Beth grabbed the phone and yelled at him.    Yeah, that's tellin' him, he will come back now.  

I find her morbidly fascinating.  I multi task as I watch and stop what I am doing when her segment comes on.  

• Love 9

I used ti like Paola but she has turned into a real nasty Bitch. She used Russ and when she told him to Barten he should have told her off. YOU get a job Pao!

He needs to cut the credit cards up and make her pay her own way.

What happened to her hair? Is she wearing wigs cause it seems to change in color and thickness?

(edited)

I never liked Pao from the get go, had her pegged as a user, & couldn't see her ever being comfortable in OK.  That said, even though Russ hasn't really shown a bad side, he's now giving me a creepy vibe like he's really just in lust & ready to look pathetic for his caricature of a 'spicy Latina' wifey he wanted to parade around OK.

Now her behavior is so over the top bitchy I can't even believe it anymore. I call BS & feel they have a deal going to do what they need to do for the TLC paycheck. While the monies come in they'll keep it up but eventually she'll probably settle in Miami & he'll go back to OK or wherever he can work. He must really need the reality show paycheck & she really loves the attention & being on TV, so it's working for them - for now.

I mean what grown man storms out of a get together like that to sit on the street like he's ready to cry - seriously Russ?  If he were a man he'd cut off her financial (party money) lifeline, board a flight back to OK & file for divorce. That way Pao has it in her face to make a decision & he'll really know where he stands.

But that's not what he did from what we've seen so far; hopefully there's an ultimatum coming her way.

And her Miami girlfriends seem like they can barely stand her; probably paid TLC extras.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, wings707 said:

Danielle looked so satisfied when Beth grabbed the phone and yelled at him.    Yeah, that's tellin' him, he will come back now.  

I find her morbidly fascinating.  I multi task as I watch and stop what I am doing when her segment comes on.  

I've never seen two people more pleased with themselves after being so jaw-droppingly stupid.

• Love 13

Danielle is obsessed with Mahammit. I'm no fan of his, but she's totally the type of person who would break into his house, boil his bunny, and then lie await in his bed to pull a Kathy Bates in "Misery" on him. 

Pao can kiss my ass. Look, honey, you're too old to be a model. There is nothing special about you. Beautiful, Latina girls are a dime a dozen in Miami AND there are much younger models (*ahem*) on the market. And those "sexy" photos of you were nothing special. I am not even convinced that the guy was even a real photographer. 

I've FF through Alexi and Loren so much that I have no clue what's going on. 

Can't believe how #TeamAnfisa I am. She's batshit crazy, but at least you know what you're getting. 

• Love 2

Congratulations, Pao.  You have mastered the art of manipulation where Russ is concerned.  He will apologize to you for being upset that you insulted and demeaned him with your best friend.

• Love 22

The impossible has happened. Feeling a shred of sympathy for Mo as he is worried about being deported.

No one thinks you came here to kill people, Mo.

Just to screw them.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CSunshine76 said:

Danielle, bless her heart.  Should she have even been allowed to make a decision to marry?  

Mohamed "constumated" the marriage? And she needs to prove he did "fraud her".  Good lord.

Oh yeah! He frauded her and now she's pissed that he doesn't want to fraud her anymore. She needs to be frauded  a lot. All night long.

• Love 24

Now we know that Mo did his husbandly duty once so that not consummating the marriage was off the table. Mo needs to be worried, that women he met on Craiglist was correct the tiniest thing will get him deported . 

Chantal and Pedro don't have 2 cents to rub together but she wants a 5k ring. Haha 

As horrible as anfisa is, Jorge's sister doesn't want to hear that he totally lied to Anfisa. He told her he was a millionaire. Why doesn't she bitch at her brother about that. As an aside, I am totally intrigued by Jorge's cars. How many cars have we seen him driving ? 

Loren's mom was full of shit. Tourettes is hereditary, but not all the time? Gmafb. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Why can't these people accept that you don't have to like your partner's friends? Juan clearly doesn't respect Russ so why should he care?

Why am I watching this? I know why, but it's good to ask myself that to remind myself I'm somewhat sane.

Edited by Samurai X
  • Love 6

Sorry but a husband should defend his wife in any case, and vice versa. Jorge sitting there like a pussy while his sister bashed Anfisa made me sick. If he has a problem with Anfisa, that is between Jorge and Anfisa in the privacy of their home. Not between Jorge, Anfisa, and all his sisters. It is none of their business what their arrangement is. I understand the sisters concern but Jorge is a grown man. He chose this woman. It is now his responsibility to back her. It's a united front. Their fights should never be told to anyone else, but Jorge is such a baby he has to go cry to sister all the time.

Pao is just as bad as Jorge in that regard, if not worse. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Samurai X said:

Why can't these people accept that you don't have to like your partner's friends? Juan clearly doesn't respect Russ so why should he care?

Why am I watching this? I know why, but it's good to ask myself that to remind myself I'm somewhat sane.

It is about respect, if one of my friend spoke like that to my husband I would tell him to stop. They don't have to like one another but juans behaviour was unacceptable 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Sorry but a husband should defend his wife in any case, and vice versa. Jorge sitting there like a pussy while his sister bashed Anfisa made me sick. If he has a problem with Anfisa, that is between Jorge and Anfisa in the privacy of their home. Not between Jorge, Anfisa, and all his sisters. It is none of their business what their arrangement is. I understand the sisters concern but Jorge is a grown man. He chose this woman. It is now his responsibility to back her. It's a united front. Their fights should never be told to anyone else, but Jorge is such a baby he has to go cry to sister all the time.

Pao is just as bad as Jorge in that regard, if not worse. 

Jorge is a weak, overgrown boy who will lie to get what he wants and who allows himself to be disrespected by an equally immature, spoiled brat on the off chance he might get some when he gives her a trinket.

• Love 12

Y'all. Y'all. Y'all.

I'm fucking 100% Dominican - both my parents were born there, but most of my dad's family moved to Connecticut and Puerto Rico. It is ABSOLUTELY 100% expected that whenever you go back to the old country, you send money and bring them items from the US. Not doing so is considered sacrosanct.

Ask anyone who has family in a third-world country and they will tell you the exact same thing.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, VanSensei said:

Y'all. Y'all. Y'all.

I'm fucking 100% Dominican - both my parents were born there, but most of my dad's family moved to Connecticut and Puerto Rico. It is ABSOLUTELY 100% expected that whenever you go back to the old country, you send money and bring them items from the US. Not doing so is considered sacrosanct.

Ask anyone who has family in a third-world country and they will tell you the exact same thing.

I don't think it's wrong to send money home but it's disrespectful to do it without consulting the spouse. Pedro's comment to mom and sister that he doesn't have to tell Chantel everything is a huge red flag.

• Love 20

I find it interesting that Paolo wants Russ to have her back, when clearly, she doesn’t have his.  If he thinks she is going back to Oklahoma, he is sadly mistaken. 

I wasn’t surprised to learn that Dani and Mo were only intimate once.  If they didn’t have to consummate the marriage for it to be legal, he wouldn’t have done it at all. 

Alexei seems to go out of his way to make Loren feel bad.  His mother said that she was surprised to hear that their children could have tourette’s and didn’t know what to say.  He translated to his wife that his mother said she was a little bit freaked out.  That wasn’t even close. 

I believe one day we will most likely see Jorge and Anfisa on Snapped, Wives with Knives, and/or Fatal Vows.

• Love 6
Just now, Godfrey said:

I don't think it's wrong to send money home but it's disrespectful to do it without consulting the spouse. Pedro's comment to mom and sister that he doesn't have to tell Chantel everything is a huge red flag.

Absolutely. There's helping the old country and being a dick. Pedro is just a dick.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, VanSensei said:

Y'all. Y'all. Y'all.

This: American born child of two West African immigrants, and the same went on in my household. A full quarter of my parents income each month went back to the home country, not to mention clothes, toys, and non perishable goods on our biannual mecca home. 

There are whole countries whose GDPs depend on remittance to even stay afloat; Haiti I know is one of them and they're on the same island as the DR. 

That being said, with Chantel and Pedro being a very new and young couple, they both need to be saving more to build a life here; Melanie was already EXTREMELY established when she brought Devar over, to the point of having spent over $40k on him before they even married. Devar sending money home didn't really affect their bottom line. Chantel and Pedro, on the other hand are still pretty young as adults, still working on school and whatnot and need to focus their money into becoming stable, buying a home, establishing a base to raise children from. 

I find it interesting thiugh that Chantel and "Familia Chantel" are complaining about Pedro sending money home, but then turned around to whine about wanting a $5K ring. That tells me the money isn't the problem, it's the hierarchy/control over Pedro that is. She's in a struggle with his mom for the top spot in his life smh.

• Love 6

The way that Alexei pauses when he speaks makes me think that he's thinking in another language, then translating into English. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer.

I was a bit shocked at Lourdes. If I were in her situation, I'd make nice so I could spend time with my brother. On reflection,  if the three of them had taken a bit of care in the way they handled Anfisa, they might have been seeing their brother these past few months.

Jorge's sister , for God sakes Jorge is a drug dealer and no peach. Stop crying about Anfisa destroying him. He does a good job of that himself. Russ needs to stop apologizing and call Pao out for the selfish childish person she is, she deserves to be walked out on.

• Love 14

It seems like Russ is feeling guilty about Pao leaving her country to marry him and she's taking advantage of that guilt in every way possible.  I haven't seen her do or say one thing to indicate she wants to help the marriage work.  Her 'I love my husband' is an empty bullshit line and her  crocodile tears were all for her.  I doubt she ever spent a single minute missing Russ the whole time they were apart, (unless she needed party money).  Juan's a mean little drama bitch.

Anfisa and Jorge are using a legal firm called 'Alternative Divorce Solutions'?  That doesn't seem very promising.  Lourdes crossed the line with the 'spread your legs when Jorge has money' comment.  If she wants to argue with Anfisa about abusing her brother then ok but that was a cheap shot.  I lol'd at Jorge sitting there letting his sister be the man in his marriage.  He's such a dweeb!

Danielle should plant some cocaine in Mo's car then call the cops that he's transporting drugs, haha!  Ok, not really, but it's a tempting idea.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, VanSensei said:

Y'all. Y'all. Y'all.

Yebbut - most Americans don't know this when they marry someone from a foreign country, even though it seems to be practically universal that an American spouse is expected to do this. The foreign spouses stay quiet about it until AFTER the marriage and then pretend they thought the American knew they would do this.

I know of more than one IRL situation where the American was also expected to pay to bring over his bride's family, too, but didn't realize this until AFTER the marriage. Still waiting to see that one on this show.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Now we know that Mo did his husbandly duty once so that not consummating the marriage was off the table. Mo needs to be worried, that women he met on Craiglist was correct the tiniest thing will get him deported . 

Chantal and Pedro don't have 2 cents to rub together but she wants a 5k ring. Haha 

As horrible as anfisa is, Jorge's sister doesn't want to hear that he totally lied to Anfisa. He told her he was a millionaire. Why doesn't she bitch at her brother about that. As an aside, I am totally intrigued by Jorge's cars. How many cars have we seen him driving ? 

Loren's mom was full of shit. Tourettes is hereditary, but not all the time? Gmafb. 

Still learning how to reply to a post. :-)  Every car that we have seen Jorge drive has been a rental car. You can see the barcode and/or the no smoking sticker on the window. Seems like such a waste of money but I guess that's what you have to do to keep up appearances. Not likely Anfisa would be caught dead in a hooptie. 

Edited by Chelle1979
Can't spell
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, VanSensei said:

It is ABSOLUTELY 100% expected that whenever you go back to the old country, you send money and bring them items from the US. Not doing so is considered sacrosanct.

Whenever you go back is the key phrase here....I believe Pedro has been sending them money and things right along, without going back. It's like they're on the payroll.

When Pedro's mother was on the video call and she said she wanted dresses, blouses, and an iron for her hair just like Chantal's, I had flashbacks of my mother in law (RIP). I was in a similar situation and it caused a lot of tension between the Mr. Chicken and me.

• Love 1

How many times did Pao's roots change during this episode?  She should have kept it black because they blonde is starting to look like straw and costs a fortune to maintain.

The only couple that vaguely has a chance of making it is Loren and Alex. I think they're the only ones that married because the actually love eachother.  Not saying they're perfect but they do strike me as being in love.  Chantal and Pedro are too immature for marriage and the other two couples are a joke.

So glad Jorge is not my brother.  He's a lying, lumpy, whipped POS and I couldn't have his back.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Oh Mo. Nobody thinks you're here to kill people. Everyone knows you're just a dumbass who used a dimwit to get a green card.

Yup.  All this.  All day.  

3 hours ago, VanSensei said:

Y'all. Y'all. Y'all.

Completely agree.  I'm from Trinidad and though my family is pretty well off at home, we are expected to always to bring stuff home b/c the stuff people want (like ziploc bags, specific spices, pots/pans, victoria secret underpants, etc) are incredibly expensive, if you can even find it.  If you have older relatives, you have to make sure and bring lots of "healthy" foods (we carried a ton of oat bran to my grandmother).  It is just a requirement of being abroad.  That said, Pedro not telling Chantel is the bigger problem for me.  You are in this together and seem to be struggling a bit, so him lying about this is a real problem.  It goes back to last week and Pedro asking Chantel if they needed to talk about money.  Clearly, they have been arguing about money regularly.

Loren/Alex - They do a good job of making drama out of nothing.  They are milking this thing for all it is worth.  

Pao is the absolute worst.  Her relying on tears to get Russ to "try harder" was the lowest for me.  And why WHY would she let Juan come to their home?!  Pretend to care for your green card/meal ticket, Pao.  You aren't that cute and you aren't that young, so what you are trying to peddle is only going to fool a few people.  You are lucky Russ's dumb behind is one of them.

Jorge/Anfisa - It just isn't fun for me anymore.  It is abusive.  And whilst Jorge is THE worst, no one deserves to be hit/punched.  I get where Lourdes is coming from, but her going 0 to 100 pretty much isn't going to get her anywhere.  Anfisa is totally the type of person who take no responsibility for any of her actions or choices.  Yes, Jorge deserves blame, but what have you done? How do you contribute?  What have you provided in this marriage?  Is it purely sex?  B/c that doesn't make you a wife.  These two need to figure their shit out and get away from each other; this isn't love, it is sad.

• Love 10
(edited)

I feel like Danielle/ Jorge/ and Lauren's storyline or whatever is getting old. How much longer can they beat this dead horse? Danielle is stupid just divorce already. Lauren is a drama queen. Jorge will most likely end up dead either from Anfisa crazy ass or just the stress she brings. 

Chantal comes off as someone who likes the idea of being married,which I feel  is why all of a sudden she wants the perfect ring, the domianican wedding,bachelorette party. 

Shes mad because everything always has to be in her name,did she just assume that once Pedro got the green card he got a perfect credit score too??  Why does she need a $5k ring all of a sudden? especially one that they have to make monthly payments on for 3 years,after interest that ring is going to cost almost $10k.  They are adding unnecessary debt. Not a good thing for a newly young married couple. 

I can't believe how much of a selfish bitch pao was, it's sad/pathetic that a 30 year old is running out of club drunk as hell yelling at her husband over none sense. That's something 20 year girls do. I didn't even realize she was drunk until she was wobbling all over & her eyes kept going cross eyed. Her friend even admitted that it's fun to him to make pao and Russ argue. 

He's purposely being an asshole by only speaking Spanish when Russ is around,even though we have heard him speaking English well.  I'm starting to wonder if he's jealous of pao for living in the US & that's why he's dating that American guy for a green card. 

I find it hilarious how Mo drives around in a way newer/nicer car then Danielle's 50 shades of not matching red paint job,missing hubcaps Honda,wonder if she put it in her name,knowing her dumbass she did. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Swim mom said:

The way that Alexei pauses when he speaks makes me think that he's thinking in another language, then translating into English. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer.

Yes. English is his third language. It's clear that he cannot communicate his thoughts and feelings in English effectively.

• Love 4

Did I miss an episode? How in the world did Anfisa get a green card? She seems unable to disguise her disdain for Jorge for even a minute. I understand no cameras for the process but a talking head confessional describing what went on would be very enlightening.  I can't believe our government bought whatever they were selling.   

• Love 2

OH Chantal "its not fair". you chose to marry someone from another country while on vacation, so you get what you get. Aside from her very fake boobs, she has a stunning figure.

• Love 2