Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

I was a bit shocked at Lourdes. If I were in her situation, I'd make nice so I could spend time with my brother. On reflection,  if the three of them had taken a bit of care in the way they handled Anfisa, they might have been seeing their brother these past few months.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

8 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

That doesn't seem very promising.  Lourdes crossed the line with the 'spread your legs when Jorge has money' comment. 

Danielle should plant some cocaine in Mo's car then call the cops that he's transporting drugs, haha!  Ok, not really, but it's a tempting idea.

What!?!??! Best line all evening. Even rivals last week's line: "GET MY RED MAKEUP BAGGGGG!!!!!!!"

Danielle wouldn't be bright enough to frame Mo. There is still a chance in her warped mind he would want to take a ride on the smelly Dani train.

8 hours ago, Christi said:

Loren's mom and Danielle...I was like, why is Danielle in Florida with Loren???

#twinning

Same exact thought I had!    

43 minutes ago, escapetoreality said:

I can't believe our government bought whatever they were selling.   

Alot of the TLC shows - people make the same comments (i.e. why doesn't child services come and take the Duggar kids or Boo boo kids away, etc) with what is shown on "reality tv".  See how I put "reality" in quotes?  Most of them can argue that it's all plot contrived for ratings. 

33 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

I was a bit shocked at Lourdes. If I were in her situation, I'd make nice so I could spend time with my brother. On reflection,  if the three of them had taken a bit of care in the way they handled Anfisa, they might have been seeing their brother these past few months.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

I found the whole thing about it's been 9 months since she has seen her brother confusing.  Is sister in the same city? Well then, that's up to Jorge and sister to make time to see each other. Not necessarily Anfisa's fault.  If they are in different cities/states, then well distance would play a factor in the fact that they have not seen eachother. Plus Jorge is a putz. These two women are arguing over who will be controlling a putz? Stupid women.

Chantel and Pedro. I've posted in their individual thread but I will repost my thoughts here. In regards to the ring. You don't need a honking 5K ring to show that you are truly in love. But you don't also need a 2K gaming system either.  Neither of them are fiscally responsible.

The whole plot contrived for Loren and Alexi - like her mother said, it's a 50/50 chance for gawd's sake! Why get Alexi's mother all worked up on her vacation to America?  Oh for TLC ratings.  

Mo needs to stop hanging out with women that look like they are ladies of the night or just loose women. (I was being polite - i previously typed hookers and sluts).   

57 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

And so is his bestie, Pao. 

absolutely, she calls that gross creep her best friend??  guess what, you're a reflection of who your friends are!  

12 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Jorge has no cojones. What a coward.

i have zero sympathy for him.  those two are made for each other!

12 hours ago, seasons said:

#teamanfisa.

i started agreeing with her last episode, she's no dummy. 

11 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

It is about respect, if one of my friend spoke like that to my husband I would tell him to stop. They don't have to like one another but juans behaviour was unacceptable 

9 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

It seems like Russ is feeling guilty about Pao leaving her country to marry him and she's taking advantage of that guilt in every way possible.  I haven't seen her do or say one thing to indicate she wants to help the marriage work.  Her 'I love my husband' is an empty bullshit line and her  crocodile tears were all for her.  I doubt she ever spent a single minute missing Russ the whole time they were apart, (unless she needed party money).  Juan's a mean little drama bitch.

Damn near fell off the couch when Juan made that repellent little "uh-uh!" face at Pao when he hugged Russ, and she just smirked. She never once acknowledged Russ's feelings, she just airily says "well, that's the way we are". She seems to think that Russ is so lucky to have her that she does not have to do one thing but exist in his space. Clearly her nasty bloated creepy little bestie brings out the worst in her. Russ. She does not love you. She's no sexy spicy diva. She's a trashy skank who is going to seed fast. Just picture her in ten years--40, with black roots, drunk, and flirting with younger guys in bars for free drinks. Not a pretty picture.

5 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Chantal comes off as someone who likes the idea of being married,which I feel  is why all of a sudden she wants the perfect ring, the domianican wedding,bachelorette party. 

Shes mad because everything always has to be in her name,did she just assume that once Pedro got the green card he got a perfect credit score too??  Why does she need a $5k ring all of a sudden? especially one that they have to make monthly payments on for 3 years,after interest that ring is going to cost almost $10k.  They are adding unnecessary debt. Not a good thing for a newly young married couple. 

Chantel needs to take a goddamn seat. No one "needs" a 5K ring! She acts like a damn teenager with her pouts and sulks. Pedro is a nice guy and he's working two jobs. If Chantel needs to have creature comforts like expensive jewelry then she should have set her sights a little higher than a happy go lucky lifeguard with family to assist back in the old country. How can she be so pig ignorant? Does she know no immigrants? When I have yard sales (often!) I am swarmed by Dominican and Haitian immigrants who will buy all the kids' clothes available to send home, for example. I can't figure out if she is stupid, incurious, ridiculously self centered, or any combination of these. And she is supposed to be in nursing school? I fear for her future patients.

8 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I found the whole thing about it's been 9 months since she has seen her brother confusing.  Is sister in the same city? Well then, that's up to Jorge and sister to make time to see each other. Not necessarily Anfisa's fault.  If they are in different cities/states, then well distance would play a factor in the fact that they have not seen eachother. Plus Jorge is a putz. These two women are arguing over who will be controlling a putz? Stupid women.

This whole thing about Anfisa being an evil controlling witch who is isolating Jorge from his loving family is absurd. He's a grown man with agency. If anyone is isolated, its Anfisa, who is thousands of miles from her home and tied to a schlubby lying convicted felon who got her to the US under false pretenses. Lourdes loves being on TV, though, doesn't she? Again with her vulgar "spread your legs" comment. She knows what will play on reality TV. That and the crocodile tears should net her another payday or two. A plague on all their houses.

• Love 11
(edited)

How was Mo able to get out of having sex with Dani for 3 months? Did he lie and tell her Ramadan was 90 days long? He must have had a good shower cry afterwards. 

giphy.gif

I bet he hasn't felt clean since!

Enough is enough with Anfisa, she is officially in abusive territory now. I get that yes, Jorge is a liar and made false promises to Anfisa but that doesn't mean he deserves to be abused. One of the classic hallmarks of an abuser is to isolate their victims. Jorge hasn't seen his family in 9 months?!?! Anfisa won't even let Jorge meet with his family without her being present and he keeps looking at her nervously throughout the whole meeting before answering his sister's questions. If this had been a man exhibiting Anfisa's behavior, people would be calling the police. 

I found Pedro's laughter over the bachelorette party dildo contagious!

Hold up! They charge $2500 for gaming systems? And Pedro paid that much for one? NOPE!!

This whole thing about Tourette's being hereditary makes me wish we could go back to the days of them arguing over male strippers. 

I cut Alexei slack over his reaction about the news. Yes, he should've also done his research but I can't fault the dude for being taken aback, especially if he was actually told this for the 1st time on camera and given his English language limitations.  Hell, if the roles had've been reversed, Loren would have blown up the world about that shit! 

So do Loren and Alexei not live with her parents anymore? I don't understand their living arrangement. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 7

In the interest of full disclosure: I married a German national, but did not do the 90 day thing. We had long distance relationship for a about two years with numerous visits. Finally, he came here and we decided to get married - sort of an ask for forgiveness rather than permission. He then had to adjust his immigration status and the whole thing kind of went like the show.

Anfisa and Jorge - So the above explains why I call bullshit on their green card interview. That was just staged for the cameras. I mean, they may have had one, but it was not what was filmed. Reason - you need to take a whole shit load of proof with you pictures - weddings albums,airline tickets, copies of your application and and affidavits  of support from friends. They want to see anything that proves a this is a genuine relationship that has more time and energy behind it then just some business deal cooked up for a green card. So, not a major point, but  I did laugh when they were filmed going in empty handed. Also, I hate Anfisa and Jorge. She is cold nasty greedy bitch. But he is not better. He is lying  dirt bag whose lying lies set them up for complete failure by setting her expectations for a life he could not possibly hope to provide. And his stupid sister seems to think precious Jorge can do no wrong and should not be held accountable for his part in this comedy-tragedy of a marriage.

Pao and Russ - She is worse than Anfisa. She is the worst of the worst because she pretends to love and care about Russ when we all know she is just there for the green card and whatever lifestyle she can squeeze out of Russ. I believe Juan when he says time and time again that she is there for the green card. She never even looks that upset or horrified when he says it. Because deep down it's true. I love how Pao and Juan attack Russ for not having a job, but it's ok for Pao sit on her rarefied bum all day and spend money they don't have on important shit like dye jobs and cocktails.

Pedro and Chatel - These two drive me nuts. Both are spoiled between rings and gaming systems. But, Chantel spends a whole lot of time talking abut what she deserves.  This marriage will never work because all the players suffer from Entitlement. Perdro and his family feel entitled and Chantel and her family feel entitled. Her family is always complaining about how Pedro and his family need to make an effort because this is Merica. But, do they ever reciprocate on any level. They seems to be 0 respect for his culture. As a general rule, you should at least respect and kind of like the culture you are marrying into. It's gonna be a player in the marriage as long as it lasts. 

Loren and Alexei - This girl and her family also make me nuts. My theory is that her dad willfully lied about the condition not being hereditary. I know next to nothing abut this syndrome, but I do not know it is hereditary. I was shocked when he said that to the family in Israel. It made do a double take. When Loren went to the foundation and they said on camera that it was hereditary, she knew the game was up and that she would have to do damage control.  Her mom didn't even look surprised by the news. She looked like she knew and she was just coming up with some bs about "well, it's 50/50 and why worry. She seemed a little blase about it for my taste. What's more, she advocated hiding the truth further.  That is sneaky and underhanded in my book. 

I also think Alexei gets a lot of flak for his language skills and being blunt with his feelings. Most Europeans are pretty blunt about life. (I know he lives in Israel, but his family is from Russia.) They don't sugar coat things, and in general don't feel the need for things to be perfect. When my husband and I went back to Germany shortly after we got married. His friends commented that life in America must be good because he gained some weight. They were't saying that he was terrible or they wouldn't like him anymore. They were just stating a fact. I think Alexei was just stating the fact that having a child with Tourette's  would not be ideal and the parents would feel responsible, but that does not mean they won't love their child and care deeply for him or her.  It was also quite a bit of news to be ambushed with on camera. And I'm sure he felt like he had been misled. When you marry a foreigner, you have to be make allowances for the fact that is is really hard to communicate in a second language and phrasing things diplomatically can be hard.  Why is Loren not learning Russian so she can speak with his family? I learned German to speak with mine. It's not like she doesn't have loads of free time to learn it while sitting at home all day and not cooking. It also irritated me when she complained that Alexei was speaking too much Russian with his mother and not translating. I never begrudge my husband a chance to speak his native tongue, ever, especially with his parents.  Oh, and translating 24/7 can be exhausting...even if you are fluent. Loren needs to learn to make allowances for Alexei's needs as well. Actually all the Americans on this show, except Russ, need to learn that they have to meet their spouse half way and show some respect for their cultures, too.

Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening, guys. I've been keeping this pent up for a while. :-) 

• Love 20
(edited)

I am amazed at the living arrangements of these people. 

Chantal and Pedro- living in a tiny one room studio apt while he sends money to his mother. 

Pao- she's really lighting the modeling world on fire!- she has to bunk with those girlfriends but when hubby comes to town she gets a  hotel room. She was probably sleeping on the couch at her friends. Then when Russ arrives, they get a place with what ever money Russ can  pull out of his ass.

Loren and Alexei- that is the weirdest condo ever. Looks like some Miami  grandma owned it and hasn't updated it in 40 years. It's just plain creepy that two young people would be living in that place.  I wouldn't be surprised it it was 90% all retired people living in that complex. 

Danielle- the trailer. At least it's hers. 

Jorge and Anfisa- bare, no decor at all. Looks like some extended stay hotel. 

Mohammed- the most normal place of all! Even if it is Port Richey, Fl.  How the heck did he choose to live there?  Nobody chooses to live in Port Richey when you're single and can live anywhere. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Chantel & Pedro = Melanie & Devar with the money going back home without the wife being consulted. Not a smart move guys.

So who is paying for the wedding?  If Pedro's family needs his money to survive I can't imagine they can pay for the wedding.  Her family paid for her dress and have the travel expenses so can't imagine they would be contributing to a second wedding. 

Chantel: Every woman wants a nice ring but to start your marriage further in debt because you "deserve" it is pretty selfish and immature.

Speaking of selfish and immature, Pao is the worst.  She is pretty much making fun of her husband too by siding with her "best friend".  Who would put up with that if they truly wanted their husband to fit in their lifestyle? Why should Russ apologize for leaving when everyone was making fun of him.  It is like they are teenagers without a worry in the world. 

Russ knows accepting a entry level job is not going to be enough to support their housing in Miami and still keep up with house payments in OK. Obviously Pao cannot support herself on her alleged modeling career.  Sounds like Russ will eventually have to go where the job is, and let Pao decide whether she wants Miami or him.  I wonder how much Juan will help her financially if Russ is gone.  Interesting that Juan's bf knows English very well.

Jorge's sister is not helping the situation by being rude and vulgar to Anfisa. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Swim mom said:

The way that Alexei pauses when he speaks makes me think that he's thinking in another language, then translating into English. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer.

This makes sense. It's been a while since I've been functionally bi-lingual and your comment reminded me that I used to think in one language and translate to the other (for a while). I was eventually fluent enough to be able to think in the other language, as well.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Mohammed- the most normal place of all! Even if it is Port Richey, Fl.  How the heck did he choose to live there?  Nobody chooses to live in Port Richey when you're single and can live anywhere. 

I think it is because his true match is there. Casey Anthony..........

• Love 9
14 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Danielle, bless her heart.  Should she have even been allowed to make a decision to marry?  

Mohamed "constumated" the marriage? And she needs to prove he did "fraud her".  Good lord.

I was watching with my teenage daughter. She was yelling at the TV, "Fraud is NOT a verb!" LOL

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Mldh598 said:

I was watching with my teenage daughter. She was yelling at the TV, "Fraud is NOT a verb!" LOL

I wince every time that woman opens her mouth, Mohammad would have never had a chance to learn proper English from Danielle!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

How was Mo able to get out of having sex with Dani for 3 months? Did he lie and tell her Ramadan was 90 days long? He must have had a good shower cry afterwards.

I'm betting Danielle nagged him to the point where he did it just to shut her up. I can't remember their timeline, but didn't he take off about 3 months after the wedding? I'm wondering if after they had sex it went something like this:

giphy.gif

As for Anfisa and Jorge, dude loves being abused and humiliated. It's their schtick. Check out his face when Anfisa is ready to go off, he gets the tiniest smirk on his face. I really don't know what his deal is, but he gets off on being dominated. 

• Love 10

If Jorge doesn't suffer from some sort of disorder (I forgot what it's name is) about falling in love with the person holding him hostage by now he will soon.  I can not imagine what his mother is thinking about her daughter in law...the heartbreak. 

That scene in the lawyers office was a bit off for me, the hallway looked like something out of The Truman Show, looked like back stage, no ceiling tiles, empty offices etc...oh and not to mention the physical abuse Anfisa heaped on Jorge (who knows, maybe this is what gets him hard).  I wonder how many places they have to walk out of because of their fighting?

For Jorge to be worried about her running off, I would take the odds she will just as soon as she meets another man on line, maybe she will find someone as psycho as she is.

Am I the only one thinking that Mo deserves that green card for having sex with Dani?  Can you imagine? Pedro and Chantel give me a headache.  I think they were giving that jeweler one too.  Pao and Russ.....he should just get on back to Oklahoma and leave Pao to live on her girlfriend's couch.  Anfisa and George.....he sister needs to shut up.  George is no damn prize.  Maybe a boobee prize.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

Am I the only one thinking that Mo deserves that green card for having sex with Dani?  Can you imagine? Pedro and Chantel give me a headache.  I think they were giving that jeweler one too.  Pao and Russ.....he should just get on back to Oklahoma and leave Pao to live on her girlfriend's couch.  Anfisa and George.....he sister needs to shut up.  George is no damn prize.  Maybe a boobee prize.

LOL!!! YES!

If Pao wants to be a model than let her live like one, waiting tables or office temp etc...I guarantee if Russ pulls the plug on her credit card she will rethink the modeling and run back to OK.  How does she think he should support her 100% financially?  She knows he is not working and struggling, she is very selfish.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

Reason - you need to take a whole shit load of proof with you pictures - weddings albums,airline tickets, copies of your application and and affidavits  of support from friends. They want to see anything that proves a this is a genuine relationship that has more time and energy behind it then just some business deal cooked up for a green card.

This would be interesting to see. I understand that you can't bring the cameras in for the green card interview but I'd love to see what their friends think of the marriage, like a "couch interview" with friends of the couples, or the family members (like Lordes). Do Jorge and Anfisa have any friends?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

LOL!!! YES!

If Pao wants to be a model than let her live like one, waiting tables or office temp etc...I guarantee if Russ pulls the plug on her credit card she will rethink the modeling and run back to OK.  How does she think he should support her 100% financially?  She knows he is not working and struggling, she is very selfish.

Technically they are currently (or when the show was filmed) both were employed by by TLC. Once that gravy train was stopped she needs to do what you said. Bust her butt waiting tables, temp, escort, etc. 

Which also shows that Perdo could pay for the ring. TLC pays the couples around 5K per episode?  Work for 1 TLC episode would have had that ring paid off. Just saying.

2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

When you marry a foreigner, you have to be make allowances for the fact that is is really hard to communicate in a second language and phrasing things diplomatically can be hard.

Heck, not even a second language necessarily.  A few years ago I visited relatives in England.  At a restaurant I asked in a typical American friendly way (and there's nothing wrong with that)  "what's in that?"  No, "oh i beg your pardon...." business.  I was told later that that came across as rude.  It wasn't a put down, it was a cultural observation.   Even in the same language, people from different cultures interpret things differently. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/9/2017 at 7:21 PM, Godfrey said:

Danielle's reaction tells me she's not over Mo. She's delusional.

Anfisa must have come over on a K9 visa. She's rabid.

And what is so sad is, Danielle kept saying she's having to do it alone and her daughters kept saying she's not doing alone she's got them. She seems to have absolutely no regard for her children. She is really a piece of work.

And Anfisa, she is a member of one of the worlds oldest professions.  She keeps hitting him, which is unacceptable by any stadard, and he keeps taking it. He should've sent her packing before she got the green card.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:39 PM, SuzyLee said:

By continuing to film Danielle, TLC is basically exploiting a mentally ill woman.  Nothing and no one will convince me that Danielle does not have developmental issues.  That's why I can't even feel too frustrated with her.  She probably shouldn't even be in charge of her own financial affairs, much less permitted to participate in a TV show, however dysfunctional.  Her friends and family are just as culpable as the producers when they appear in scenes with her and egg her on.  I hate Mohamed as much as the next halfway sane, self-respecting woman, but he doesn't owe Danielle an explanation for any woman he wants to date (or "date").  Restraining orders and block buttons were made for women like her.

Amen.  She called him and then her friend told him to leave Danielle alone.

Edited by Kid
(edited)
On 7/9/2017 at 9:06 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

'You have to support me' no Pao your 30 year old ass needs to grow up. Marriage is50/50, where is your support for Russ getting his career on track? Stop listening to your fame thirsty friend who has done nothing to support you and respect the realism and stability that your husband has to offer you selfish b@tch

I said all along he should've stayed in Oklahoma with his dog. His dog loves him and is loyal!!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
On 7/11/2017 at 1:21 AM, Hellohappylife said:

Danielle is pathetic. She's always saying how mohamed didn't use her but then gets mad everytime he hangs out with a girl who is young,skinny & pretty. DING DING Danielle that's exactly why he left you once he got the green card,because he's not attracted to you. I'm more worried that her stupidity will be passed down to her kids then Loren passing down her  Tourette's. 

Her kids get it!!!!  It's like they are the parent and she is the hormonal teenager and out of control.

I get that this is all producer-driven,  I really do, but why is it anyone's business that any future child of Alexi and Loren "may" have Tourette's? The stripper at the bachelorette  party arc is over, so this is next? How about the arc where Loren gets a job and they remodel the Golden Girls condo?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Pao and Russ - She is worse than Anfisa. She is the worst of the worst because she pretends to love and care about Russ when we all know she is just there for the green card and whatever lifestyle she can squeeze out of Russ. I believe Juan when he says time and time again that she is there for the green card. She never even looks that upset or horrified when he says it. Because deep down it's true. I love how Pao and Juan attack Russ for not having a job, but it's ok for Pao sit on her rarefied bum all day and spend money they don't have on important shit like dye jobs and cocktails.

This! And the thing that Pao does that really gets up my ass is in her talking heads, when she puts on a sad face and says "I just don't know if this can work", after she catalogues all Russ's failings (he's from Oklahoma, he can't get a job in his field in Miami, he detests Pao's revolting bestie, he won't lie down and let Pao walk all over him), like she is some goddamn prize that he should happily make all these sacrifices for. She doesn't seem to feel that she should do one thing to support her marriage. She doesn't seem sad. She could be talking about returning a blouse. I wouldn't necessarily want to find Russ under my Christmas tree but when I remember him tearing up at his wedding I want to flatten her. That she could be so dismissive of his love and devotion because she wants to pound tequila in Miami with her skanky girlfriends--well, I just can't. What an awful, selfish, self centered, silly, vain woman.

• Love 22
16 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Juan "what do you do all day? " what do you do all day Juan besides drink and criticize others? He is also hardly one to call Russ chubby with his alcohol  bloated  face. I have Colombian friends of course they apologize and no Pao they are not all 'spicy' like you. My friend says girls like Pao are party girls that sleep with Americans hoping for a green card, she said there is a word for them but I forget what it is.

Puta?? Kidding, I don't know but put a would fit Paola. Sad, because she was my favorite in her original season, but she has shown herself to be selfish and manipulative. I also think Juan is telling the truth when he says she needed a green card. I don't doubt she was probably attracted to Russ but I'm sure his American citizenship and engineering salary helped sweeten the deal for her. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I've never seen two people more pleased with themselves after being so jaw-droppingly stupid.

Well said!!

18 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Now we know that Mo did his husbandly duty once so that not consummating the marriage was off the table. Mo needs to be worried, that women he met on Craiglist was correct the tiniest thing will get him deported . 

Chantal and Pedro don't have 2 cents to rub together but she wants a 5k ring. Haha 

As horrible as anfisa is, Jorge's sister doesn't want to hear that he totally lied to Anfisa. He told her he was a millionaire. Why doesn't she bitch at her brother about that. As an aside, I am totally intrigued by Jorge's cars. How many cars have we seen him driving ? 

Loren's mom was full of shit. Tourettes is hereditary, but not all the time? Gmafb. 

They are rentals.  You can tell by the no smoking sign on the doors.  

Loren's mom had the busted face on.  They totally knew and whether or not they told Loren I don't know but she is old enough to know how to do the google.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If Jorge doesn't suffer from some sort of disorder (I forgot what it's name is) about falling in love with the person holding him hostage by now he will soon.  I can not imagine what his mother is thinking about her daughter in law...the heartbreak. 

Stockholm Syndrome.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

They are rentals.  You can tell by the no smoking sign on the doors.  

Loren's mom had the busted face on.  They totally knew and whether or not they told Loren I don't know but she is old enough to know how to do the google.

I noticed the No Smoking sign on the door also.

Jesus Fucking Christ, Pao...if your husband is the main bread winner, you go where the jobs are.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd end up living in TX (which I did  for 17 years) and I sure as hell never thought I'd end up in Mississippi, where I am currently (And it was almost South Dakota). 'llI never understand people who insist on staying in there current location if they can't find a job because they don't want to move.  I had a friend that had a meltdown because her husband had an opportunity for a job in Austin and she'd have to move from San Antonio, which is less than 90 miles away. (He didn't even get the job). Juan is an asshole , period. I hope his boyfriend found somebody nicer and respectful.

I FF through Lauren and Alexi. Pedro deserves better. Danielle is an idiot. And Jorge and Anfisa continue to ammuse.

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Juan "what do you do all day? " what do you do all day Juan besides drink and criticize others? He is also hardly one to call Russ chubby with his alcohol  bloated  face. I have Colombian friends of course they apologize and no Pao they are not all 'spicy' like you. My friend says girls like Pao are party girls that sleep with Americans hoping for a green card, she said there is a word for them but I forget what it is.

That word is probably 'puta'.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4

Pedro and Chatel

BabyBABYBABY!! STFU!

Does she not notice that they are short on money and MAYBE question where it goes??

Danielle- become a Lesbian with your red girlfriend.

Pao I am ashamed of you. You took the wrong  side. You chose your nasty,bitchy friend over your Husband. PS- your career was over before it stated. Work with the rest of your stripper friends and make some money.

Anfisa your face is melting.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, chickenella said:

This would be interesting to see. I understand that you can't bring the cameras in for the green card interview but I'd love to see what their friends think of the marriage, like a "couch interview" with friends of the couples, or the family members (like Lordes). Do Jorge and Anfisa have any friends?

Our interview was very quick, less than 10 min, but we did take in a box load of pictures, receipts, and things. And then there was our 2 year old son on my lap and my pregnant belly. That probably helped.

5 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Heck, not even a second language necessarily.  A few years ago I visited relatives in England.  At a restaurant I asked in a typical American friendly way (and there's nothing wrong with that)  "what's in that?"  No, "oh i beg your pardon...." business.  I was told later that that came across as rude.  It wasn't a put down, it was a cultural observation.   Even in the same language, people from different cultures interpret things differently. 

Yep. My husband is English. I am constantly surprised by some of our cultural differences.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

In the interest of full disclosure: I married a German national, but did not do the 90 day thing. We had long distance relationship for a about two years with numerous visits. Finally, he came here and we decided to get married - sort of an ask for forgiveness rather than permission. He then had to adjust his immigration status and the whole thing kind of went like the show.

Anfisa and Jorge - So the above explains why I call bullshit on their green card interview. That was just staged for the cameras. I mean, they may have had one, but it was not what was filmed. Reason - you need to take a whole shit load of proof with you pictures - weddings albums,airline tickets, copies of your application and and affidavits  of support from friends. They want to see anything that proves a this is a genuine relationship that has more time and energy behind it then just some business deal cooked up for a green card. So, not a major point, but  I did laugh when they were filmed going in empty handed. Also, I hate Anfisa and Jorge. She is cold nasty greedy bitch. But he is not better. He is lying  dirt bag whose lying lies set them up for complete failure by setting her expectations for a life he could not possibly hope to provide. And his stupid sister seems to think precious Jorge can do no wrong and should not be held accountable for his part in this comedy-tragedy of a marriage.

Wait...what???  If Mo has his green card that means Danielle did the whole interview process with him to prove the marriage was valid and now wants to file for annulment to prove the marriage was a sham?  Yeah, that'll work.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

That word is probably 'puta'.

Lol probably but my friend is too polite to say it. It did make her angry when Paola claimed their behaviour was 'cultural' As she said, no in any culture your behaviour was just nasty.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, chickenella said:

but I'd love to see what their friends think of the marriage,

re: Jorge and Anfisa. WHAT FRIENDS? Wasn't there a guy in the early episodes last year that Jorge talked with before Anfisa arrived and Anfisa's "only friend" is the girl from the jewelry store? Other than that, there doesn't seem to be anyone who can testify about the legitimacy of their marriage. 

19 minutes ago, Sup wit dat said:

Wait...what???  If Mo has his green card that means Danielle did the whole interview process with him to prove the marriage was valid and now wants to file for annulment to prove the marriage was a sham?  Yeah, that'll work.

I don't think he has it yet. If i remember correctly when he was talking to the one attorney he mentioned he could be deported cuz he did have it. I could be remembering it wrong though lol. I do remember seeing the court proceeding for divorce vs annulment though. 

Did not buy into Mohammed's "poor me, everyone's trying to deport me because I'm Muslim."  No, Danielle wants to deport you because you didn't want to stay with her forever without electricity, other utilities, and listening to her sad sack stories.  Notice he never says that if he's being treated this way he'll go back home...Also, very interesting how when he was getting his evidence together he already had a complete file ready to go with records of the 911 calls that he made.  Someone in last week's episode thread wrote about how he called 911 so that he would have a record of how Danielle was making it impossible for him to stay with her, etc.  Wow, that sure was an accurate observation as we saw this week.

I am so over how Loren cries and leaves a room whenever she is not being supported 100%.  I think her parents actually have a lot to answer for in terms of their intentional lies to Alexei's family about Tourettes.

I really think that Jorge loves his wife and sister "fighting" over him.  It's on him if he's not talking to his family.  I cracked up when his sister said how Jorge was working his butt off for Anfisa; um, no.  I also think that Jorge wants to get caught in all of these lies and then turn himself into a victim.  Why lie to Anfisa so much?  I do not condone her hitting him, but he purposefully lies just for the sake of doing so.

As for Pao, I just wish Russ would decide to walk away.  Let her figure out how to support herself so that she can hang out with her friends and mock everyone else.

• Love 7

Oh, I meant to ask-what happened to Russ' dog?  Is Russ' move to Miami only temporary for the show and then he'll go back to Oklahoma and his dog?

Also-in the scene in Danielle's car, there was a baby seat in the back seat.  Anyone know what this is about?

9 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I am so over how Loren cries and leaves a room whenever she is not being supported 100%.  I think her parents actually have a lot to answer for in terms of their intentional lies to Alexei's family about Tourettes.

OMG absolutely!  1.  Tourettes is not ideal, but there's far worse so suck it up.  2.  Grow up.  Stop crying.  That gets old.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

It's amazing how Miami brought out the real Pao. Sadly, the real Pao is a disgusting, ugly POS. 

She is a worse user than Anfisa could ever be!

10 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

As for Anfisa and Jorge, dude loves being abused and humiliated. It's their schtick. Check out his face when Anfisa is ready to go off, he gets the tiniest smirk on his face. I really don't know what his deal is, but he gets off on being dominated. 

I think it's also that he loves seeing a woman literally go crazy over him.  They're made for each other.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/16/2017 at 6:33 PM, Nowhere said:

Sorry but a husband should defend his wife in any case, and vice versa. Jorge sitting there like a pussy while his sister bashed Anfisa made me sick. If he has a problem with Anfisa, that is between Jorge and Anfisa in the privacy of their home. Not between Jorge, Anfisa, and all his sisters. It is none of their business what their arrangement is. I understand the sisters concern but Jorge is a grown man. He chose this woman. It is now his responsibility to back her. It's a united front. Their fights should never be told to anyone else, but Jorge is such a baby he has to go cry to sister all the time.

That was one revolting display of cowardice, wasn't it?  Does Jorge have ANY redeeming qualities?

Oh, and Lourdes, honey...Sally Beauty has a wide variety of deep conditioning packs at varying price points.  Try a couple.

Pedro and Whatsherface: I'm on her side on this one.  I don't have a nice wedding ring, but you're sending cash and God knows what else back "home" every month?  I would put a stop to that immediately.  We're married...it's our coffers.

#TeamAnfisa

Edited by bethster2000
Forgot some stuff!
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think her parents actually have a lot to answer for in terms of their intentional lies to Alexei's family about Tourettes.

"It's only a 50% chance that your kids would get it.  That means it isn't hereditary."   Blatant lie at worst, naivete at best.  I'm leaning towards the former.  Watching Alexei with Loren, I don't think that this hard truth (or the strippers being her idea, or any other) could have convinced him not to marry her.  It's THIS thing she does, where he finds everything out later, with no real reason for the deception that should make him worry what type of woman and what type of family (self-serving) he's gone and married into.

22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Chantal and Pedro- living in a tiny one room studio apt while he sends money to his mother. 

With a $2K gaming system.  I don't even know how you spend $2K on a gaming system.  But his mom just wants basic living essentials.  Like hair products, blouses, and a 60" flat-screen.  And Chantel's Spanish must not be so great, since he said $500-$700 and she heard $8000-$10,000.  (Personal story - friends of mine are also strapped but wanted to get married, she requested an opal ring and it's gorgeous.)

Whatever, I can't criticize Pedro today because I genuinely loved how he went from angry to falling off the bed laughing at Chantel's penis treasure trove.  Also, I like how he just says "bay-BEE!" 200x a day.  It's like the period on the end of every sentence, bay-BEE! 

• Love 11